PDA

View Full Version : Exercise: What would you do for a ......?

goldcupmom
03-21-2006, 09:51 AM
I exercise almost daily, keep track of minutes, but usually don't post. But this morning I got up CRAVING a caramel macchiatto(sp?). I argued with myself for about 30 minutes, and decided that even though it would be breakfast points, I shouldn't, unless.....I WALKED to get it!! So, I walked 30 min each way - about 1.5 miles each way - to the only place w/in about 5 miles that has them - a grocery with a Java City coffee bar.

So, my question to you is....What would you do for a.....(whatever you're craving that you probably shouldn't have)?

I froze on the way there - 34 out and the only sidewalks were in the shade. Was sweating by the time I got home and it's a whopping 41 now.

Happy Tuesday!

Keep Moving, and if you're in for this month's exercise challenge, don't forget to post your minutes!!

NeverlandClub23
03-21-2006, 11:33 AM
I usually spend 45 minutes on the elliptical machine at the gym every day but if I REALLY want something I tell myself that I have to do an hour and a half on it. That usually makes me not want whatever it is that I'm craving. It's hard to get through the 45 minutes. But I noticed at the store they have marshmallow microwave popcorn and I LOVE marshmallows and popcorn seperately so I might have to do the hour and a half for that. But, should I eat the whole bag and do an hour and a half or eat smaller portions of the bag and just add a few minutes every day to the machine? You're right, exactly what I thought. Eat the whole bag... :lmao: :love:

jillane88
03-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I exercise almost daily, keep track of minutes, but usually don't post. But this morning I got up CRAVING a caramel macchiatto(sp?).

OOOhhhh, those are my absolute favorite! You could always get a skinny one with sugar free vanilla syrup (although it just isn't the same IMO). I work out at least 6 hours a week just so I can eat (and drink) what I want.

NeverlandClub23: That marshmallow popcorn is the absolute yummiest! You must try it! I'll make a bag and the 5 of us will share the whole thing. Its very sweet so it may be hard to eat the whole bag. :teeth:

engagedatWDW
03-22-2006, 11:06 AM
You're a motivation for walking to Starbucks...I think I may use that in the future. Anytime I need a good coffee drink, I always get the small size and soy milk and tell them "make it as good for me as possible" so at least I try. If I know I'm eating out or really wanting something that's on my no-no list I always add an extra 30 minutes and try not to go overboard. Even if it's just one bite I appreciate it so much more now!