PDA

View Full Version : Passport question

luv2cruzsus
03-21-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm traveling with my niece who has a passport. But she now has a hyphenated last name. Her passport doesn't reflect it, but her Drivers License does. Anyone know if that will be okay, or if she has to get a new passport?

Thanks!

martinezfamily1126
03-21-2006, 04:41 PM
SHe should change her passport, but if she doen't want to do that or if you are not sure if she's have it in time. Bring her marriage certificate (if that is the reason she has a new last name. I have a different last name on my ss card and my liscence and passport. I will be bringing my marriage certificate with me.

lovinaz
03-21-2006, 05:36 PM
I booked my cruise before I got married and I haven't changed my passport yet, so at least the name on the cruise docs and my passport matched. But since my credit card (and driver's license, and SS card) is in my new name, I brought my marriage license just in case. I never had a problem with anything (except remembering to use my "old" name when I signed for purchases onboard! :teeth: ).

luv2cruzsus
03-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Thank you! I also called DCL directly and was told that the name on the reservation and her passport have to match. Since that will be the only form of ID she needs, it shouldn't be a problem.

:woohoo: