PDA

View Full Version : Questions on flounder's nursery!! HELP!!

Faith&Hope
03-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi! I'm new to this so bear with me! We are going on DCL on May 20, 06 (we think) for the first time with a 3 year old (DD) and 7 month old (DD). I think I understand and have read thoroughly about just registering the 3 year old in the kids program and dropping her off whenever we want.

I am a little confused with signups for Flounder's nursery because it seems that it doesn't work the same way. I know it's $6 an hour with 2 hour minimum and that you have to sign up immediately. What I'm unclear of is do we have to know exactly when we are going to put her in (for example; on day 4 from 6-8) and sign her up for each time we'd like her in? Do they limit how many hours you can sign up for in the beginning? Then you go on a waitlist for extra hours?

It seems hard and overwhelming because there's so many things going on onboard and to have to try to track down the exact hours to put her in at the very beginning seems impossible to me! I know that Palo is an important signup so she'll be in forsure then. It seems like it would be so much easier if it were setup like the kids club!

Putting her in the nursery is very important to us....it's why we are choosing Disney for our first cruise (noone else offers it)! My husband and I don't see each other hardly at all so any time away for a few hours here or there will help!!

Thanks for all of your help! Oh, these message boards are making me loose sleep! With a new baby, sleep is rare lately and it doesn't help when I am reading and trying to absorb all of this great info at 2am!! I had to start taking notes because you guys are the best!

Thanks again!

prov3v56
03-20-2006, 10:26 PM
When we cruised in July of 2005, I was able to book 10 hours online before we left. I basically looked at dinner times and that is what I booked. I made a lot of changes once on board and never had any problems booking time when I wanted it. I think they allow you to change or cancel your reservations as long as it is two hours before. I found Flounders very willing to work with whatever I needed.

Serena6010
03-20-2006, 10:36 PM
My past 3 cruises I had to use flounders, this is what I did. I planned out which dates times I wanted to reserve by looking at other cruiser's navigators from previous cruises. There is a certain amount of hours that DCL will allow you to book(not exactly sure what the new amount is though). Just use your best judgement on when you think you might want to book. For example, I usually booked 2 hours a day for 3-4 days, a couple of morning times and a couple of evening times. As long as you cancel or change the reservation 4 hours before you will not be charged. Depending on how many infants/toddlers are on your sailing you may be able to book additional time when you get on the ship. On our last trip there were very few toddlers so every time I asked for additional time it was always granted. :) To sum it up, book all the time that you are allowed ahead of time(using your best guesses to when you may need babysiting) then add additional time when you board the ship and cancel any times you won't need 4 hours before. There will be others doing this also so call every day to see if there are openings.

The reason why you can't just drop your baby offany time is because there has to be 1 adult to 4 infants and 1 adult to 6 toddlers. When the reservations are made ahead of time this allows Disney to have enough babysitters available for each reserved time.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. My daughter was in flounders when she was 8 months, 20 months, and 2 1/2.