PDA

View Full Version : Can off-site visitors swim at WDW resorts?

bonnieblue
03-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Hi- We are going to Disney for a last minute Spring Break trip and were not able to get on site and stay within our budget. I would love to try out one of the swimming pools (maybe the Carribean Beach?) while we are there. Do the resorts offer a "pass" for visitors to come and swim? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! :cheer2:

BrianD
03-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Unfortunately, no, the pools are reserved for resort guests only. By the way, welcome to the DIS Boards!

Allison
03-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Brian is correct. The pools are for the exclusive use of those staying at the resort.

formernyer
03-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Think about it...

You chose to not pay for an exclusive room; therefore, you should have no rights to the amenities which accompany those rooms.

I'm staying at a Value hotel. Would my kids prefer to swim in the Deluxe pools? Sure they would. Could I easily get into those pools if I really wanted to? Sure I could. Will I be doing it? No. I was too cheap to pay for a fancy hotel; therefore, I have no right to use it.

sajetto
03-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Sorry, but no you'll need to go to one of the water parks to swim on Disney Property

IMGONNABE40!
03-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Welcome...and congratulations. You have just pushed one of the hot buttons.

Prepare to :duck: and don your :firefight . Some people get really :furious: over this issue. :rolleyes2

Mariposa
03-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Gosh.. she asked if it was okay, not stated that she was going to do it regardless.

Welcome bonnieblue! :)

byoung
03-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Welcome to the DIS.

bonnieblue
03-20-2006, 08:42 PM
I really wanted to know if the resorts would sell me a visitor pass or if there were any circumstances where you could be approved a visit. Didn't mean I'd be sneaking in. Deruffle those feathers. ;)

KJHawley
03-20-2006, 09:57 PM
I really wanted to know if the resorts would sell me a visitor pass or if there were any circumstances where you could be approved a visit. Didn't mean I'd be sneaking in. Deruffle those feathers. ;)

Nice response! Anyway, you might have looked at the water parks already, but if you haven't, Typhoon Lagoon is really fun.

DebIreland
03-20-2006, 10:00 PM
Think about it...

You chose to not pay for an exclusive room; therefore, you should have no rights to the amenities which accompany those rooms.

I'm staying at a Value hotel. Would my kids prefer to swim in the Deluxe pools? Sure they would. Could I easily get into those pools if I really wanted to? Sure I could. Will I be doing it? No. I was too cheap to pay for a fancy hotel; therefore, I have no right to use it.

:rolleyes: She merely asked a question. No need whatsoever for a response like that.

bonnieblue, welcome to the DIS!!! :)

princessluau
03-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Sure, if you sneak in but would not advise unless you are planning on eating at the resort. You could get lunch and then hang at the pool, just grab hotel towels and relax. Have fun. Tammy

Joann
03-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the Dis board have fun on your trip!

Aimeedyan
03-20-2006, 11:25 PM
The pools are so crowded as it is, they do not offer any kind of visitor pass to use them.

You are welcome, however, to tour resorts, dine at them, visit the gift shop, scope out the pool, etc. We have done this at every hotel at WDW now and it gives us a good idea of where we want to stay next =0

Ladyhawke10
03-21-2006, 01:07 AM
I know they offer daylong pool-passes at the Hilton Hawaiian Village resort on Oahu==it has fancy slides and spas that most of the neighboring hotels around it don't have, and it sells for 20$ per day for the passes. I wonder if the Swan or Dolphin might sell these? Their grotto pool is worth a pool-pass day if someone was in the market for one :sunny:

Sleepy
03-21-2006, 01:13 AM
I find the lazy river at the water park more fun than any pool. Also, the slides at the water parks are more intense than any pool onsite.

Zip-a-dee-dude-da
03-21-2006, 01:14 AM
Sure you can can swim where ever you'd like to. Just act like you own the place and no one will say anything......of coures this is morally reprehensible and frowned upon by many members of these boards...but alas is is very easy to accomplish.