PDA

View Full Version : ?'s about booking

macntosh
03-20-2006, 04:41 PM
I am considering booking for an upcoming anniversary, but was wondering. Is it best to do the 3/4 plan via DCL or book my own 3 night cruise and my own 4 night stay?

What's the advice on this. More interested in saving money.

armychap
03-20-2006, 05:09 PM
My husband and I originally booked our land/sea (3 land, 4 sea) through DCL, but when I priced them individually, it actually came out cheaper to book them separately. So we ended up canceling the package and booking the cruise through DCL and WDW through WDW.

We ended up with more flexibility this way in that we were able to downgrade to a less-expensive resort, take the money we saved there, and apply it to an upgrade on our stateroom (and an extension on the length of the cruise from 4 to 7 nights!) and still have the cost come out at about the same (harder to do if it's a package deal).

My advice... play around with different combinations a little and compare them. The super deals are out there, just have to be patient enough to track them down.

Hope this helps!

CACruisin'
03-20-2006, 05:19 PM
I priced out our trip both ways. We knew we wanted to stay at the Yacht/Beach Club and we wanted a category 6 verandah. We wanted park hopper tickets. It ended up being cheaper with the package. I think if you want a moderate or above resort and you want a verandah, the package is cheaper. If you want a want a category 8-12 and a value resort, then it may be cheaper to do it separately. Definitely if you want a combination of moderate resort and inside stateroom or value resort and balcony stateroom or if you already have park passes, then booking separately would likely be cheaper.

lbgraves
03-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Be sure to consider the fact that the new land sea package gives you 7 day park hopper MYW tickets. It is very inexpensive to upgrade those to a 10 day or even add no expiration to the tickets & use them for a future trip. ;)