PDA

View Full Version : Stingray City - Grand Cayman

Imagineer22
03-20-2006, 01:50 PM
I will be doing my first DCL on June 3rd for my honeymoon and was wanting to know any info on some of the shore excursions. We get to start booking today, yay! :banana: I really want to snorkel a lot during my week but don't want to do it so much I miss out on other cool stuff. I understand that Grand Cayman is known for its Stingray City and my fiance and I are big fans of stingrays. This is of particular intrest to me and my fiance however there is another excursion (the personal watercraft tour that stops at the shipwreck, secluded cove and beach) that we want to do as well. We will be snorkeling in Cozemel (on the adventure park all day tour in the underground river) and of course at Castaway Cay. My main question here is which excursion would you guys recommend?

Stingray City snorkel and sail OR Personal Watercraft Tour to get a little bit of everything????

Also, if we skip out on Stingray City does the Stingray experience that Castaway Cay have to offer make up for it? It sounds good but I don't know if its a good substitute or not.

There are just so many things to do and we know we can't do them all! :confused3 Picking one is just too hard....Thanks for any help!

lovinaz
03-20-2006, 02:36 PM
I just got back from the Western and we did the Stringray City/snorkelling tour in Grand Cayman. We booked through Captain Marvins. They did 2 snorkelling stops plus Stingray City. That was the Half-Day tour, I believe they also have a Full-Day tour as well. Check out their website for all the trips they offer.

lbgraves
03-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Here is a recent thread with this very question.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1060796

Here is a trip report for the CC excursion.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=965950&highlight=castaway

Have you searched thru the cruise trip reports forum? You will find reports from DISers who have done these excursions & can give you the good & the bad. You can search the forum, then search each thread that comes up to find the specific post instead of having to read thru every one in a long thread. The searched word comes up in red.