PDA

View Full Version : Best time for labs for kids?

we4blairs
03-20-2006, 01:27 PM
We're headed out to our first cruise in a little over 2 weeks. I'm frantically trying to plan for everything!

I want the kids (DS 6 and DS 11) to enjoy the labs but I also want us to spend a lot of time together as a family - especially since this is our first cruise.

What are the best times to send the kids to the lab that they won't miss great family activities?
Is it true the first night we have to stay with them in the labs?

DrCavin
03-20-2006, 01:30 PM
On the 7 day cruises a parent must stay with the child unless the child has sign-in/out privileges.

tstobb
03-20-2006, 01:32 PM
When you check into the lab on the 1st day, they will give you Navigators for the week for each age group. We had our kids not the must do items vs the want to do items vs the not interested items and scheduled accordingly with the understanding that this is a vacation for Mom & Dad as well. :thumbsup2

lovinaz
03-20-2006, 02:16 PM
When you check into the lab on the 1st day, they will give you Navigators for the week for each age group. We had our kids not the must do items vs the want to do items vs the not interested items and scheduled accordingly with the understanding that this is a vacation for Mom & Dad as well. :thumbsup2

This is exactly what we did with DD6 and DS9. And we checked them out before they ate dinner in the Lab/Club because they ate dinner and went to the shows with us every night.

Downrivermama
03-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Get the navagators and have the kids pick out what they would like to do. I didn't have to stay with my dd 7 on the first night on 3/2. I think you could if you wanted to, but it wasn't a must. My dd seemed to like to be at the clubs at night. I think it was like her night out!

lbgraves
03-20-2006, 03:35 PM
You can check out the kid's navigators on the FAQ thread on this forum to get an idea of what your kids can choose from in the club & lab. :)

Downrivermama, were you on the Wonder or the Magic? The Wonder allows kids to be dropped off in the club the first night on the 3 & 4 day cruises. The Magic started having an open house where the parents need to stay with the kids the first night.

Downrivermama
03-20-2006, 04:04 PM
We were on the Wonder. I didn't know there was a difference in procedures between ships. I guess you do learn something new every day!

cindalu
03-20-2006, 04:33 PM
I hope by Nov that they change this policy for the first night. I would think it would be too crowded and I do not think I should have to stay with my Dd's. They will be in 2 different places. What am I supposed to do. My girls will be 10,8 and 6. Two will be in the lab and one will be in the club.

Please DCL go back to the way it was before.