PDA

View Full Version : 3 night cruise

bslowry
03-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Is the 3 night cruise worth it? I know everyone says to do the 7 nighter. I am so sick of buying my kids toys for Christmas and no one playing with anything. Santa and I have decided maybe to do a 3 night cruise instead, my husband is a varsity basketball coach and will have practice so it has to be a short cruise. I know my kids will love it and I've been dying to go. Should I wait though until we have time to do a longer one or will the 3 night be fun too? Thanks! :confused3

cuff10126
03-20-2006, 11:19 AM
We just did the 3 night cruise at the beginning of March. This was our first Disney cruise. If I were to do it again, I would go for longer. I'd suggest the 4 day cruise if you can't swing 7 days. 3 days is just too short - you barely get used to the ship - where to find things, all the tricks, etc., and your cruise is over. The 4 day cruise will give you a day at sea, which will let you enjoy the ship's amenities.

Have fun!

BrianD
03-20-2006, 11:20 AM
A 3 night cruise is better than no cruise, any day of the week! I can tell you first hand as we just got back from our first cruise (a 3 nighter) a couple of weeks ago. And while it was far too short, it was still a very relaxing and wonderful time.

repeatcruiser
03-20-2006, 11:53 AM
We've done 3, 4 and 7 nighters and loved them all - the 3 nighter was short and left us wanting more (but then so did the 4 and 7 nighters!)

If you can manage an extra day, do the 4 nighter - if not, the 3 nighter is a ball, and beats working / school any day! The 3-nighter was our first, and it was hands down the best family vacation we had ever been on (to that point).

I'm a firm believer in enjoying yourself when you can - if your schedule fits a 3-nighter now, by all means, do a 3-nighter now - you never know what tomorrow might bring.

tstobb
03-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Big benefit of the 3 nighter is that it is over the weekend. If you do the 4 day, you may as well do the 7 day. I wish they would alternate somehow to run 4 day cruises over the weekend to make them use up less vacation days!