PDA

View Full Version : Newbie MGM Swap--CLOSED!! due June 24th--Please Read Post 66 on Page 5!

StitchIsOurHero
03-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Ok, everybody! Here we go! I copied these directions from the New AK Swap (thanks, Maggie!). I'm going to start with two groups. . .if we have lots of people sign up, I'll increase it to 3 groups. I changed a couple of the elements--I hope that works for everyone!

Swap is due June 24th--please mail before this date so it will get to me by June 24th. (I'll send everyone my address by the first of June). You can reach me through email at natazu@gmail.com.

****Packaging: Make individual packets of your swap items for each person--you will have 10 sets for each group you are in. Wrap swap items in a baggie or plastic wrap. Place the individual baggies/plastic wrapped items inside another larger baggie, then place this in the priority mail envelope.

Write your real name, DIS name, and swap group number on a piece of paper and include it in each individual's baggie or put on a label on the outside of each individual package so we know who made each of the items.

**Return: Send a priority mail stamp or $4.05 to cover the costs of mailing your package back to you.

If something happens and you cannot finish your swap, or your swap items are delayed, PLEASE let me know so we can either find a replacement for you, or we know that you are still participating.

NOW, FOR THE FUN STUFF:

Elements, Group 1:FULL!

topper (one per person, make 10):pixiedust32

border (one per person, make 10):stitchisourhero--Voyage of the Little Mermaid

photo mats (1 per person, make 10, these should be large enough so that you can put a 4 x 6 picture on them):disneyfreakk

photo frames (1 per person, make 10, should be able to frame a 4 x 6 picture): mickeyfan2--Great Movie Ride, Wizard of Oz

squares (4 per person, so making 40): lewdyan1--gen. MGM theme

journal box (1 per person, make 10, they should be about 3 x 3 at least): BernardandMissBianca

tag large (1 per person, make 10): PrincessNancy96--gen. MGM theme

libary pocket with tag (1 per person, make 10): havencruiser

shaker box (1 per person, make 10): PoohBearLovinMama--RnR

matted song lyric/poem (1 per person, make 10--no handwriting please): jennyL--Tower of Terror

The topper, border, photo mats, journal boxes should be matted at least once. The tags should have eyelets and fiber/ribbon in them. The topper should be horizontal and the border should be vertical (at least 11 inches).

Elements, Group 2--FULL!:

topper (one per person, make 10): PoohBearLovinMama--gen. MGM

border (one per person, make 10): Bernard&MissBianca

photo mats (1 per person, make 10, these should be large enough so that you can put a 4 x 6 picture on them): mickeyfan2--Great Movie Ride, Wizard of Oz

photo frames (1 per person, make 10, should be able to frame a 4 x 6 picture): YodasMom--50's Prime Time Cafe

squares (4 per person, so making 40): Queenie

journal box (1 per person, make 10, they should be about 3 x 3 at least): ScrappinMom

tag large (1 per person, make 10): jennyL--Tower of Terror

libary pocket with tag (1 per person, make 10): fanofthemouse--RnR

shaker box (1 per person, make 10): pixiedust32

matted song lyric/poem (1 per person, make 10--no handwriting please): disneyfreakk--Voyage of the Little Mermaid

The topper, border, photo mats, journal boxes should be matted at least once. The tags should have eyelets and fiber/ribbon in them. The topper should be horizontal and the border should be vertical (at least 11 inches).

Elements, Group 3--FULL!!:

topper (one per person, make 10): fanofthemouse--JoJo's Circus

border (one per person, make 10): jedi librarian

photo mats (1 per person, make 10, these should be large enough so that you can put a 4 x 6 picture on them): YodasMom--Backlot Tour

photo frames (1 per person, make 10, should be able to frame a 4 x 6 picture): scrappinmom--JoJo's Circus

squares (4 per person, so making 40): StitchIsOurHero: Chicken Little theme

journal box (1 per person, make 10, they should be about 3 x 3 at least): kat disney

tag large (1 per person, make 10): ksjayhawks

libary pocket with tag (1 per person, make 10): BernardandMissBianca

shaker box (1 per person, make 10): disneyfreakk--Fantasmic

matted song lyric/poem (1 per person, make 10--no handwriting please): Queenie--Indiana Jones

Elements, Group 4--FULL!!
topper (one per person, make 10): StitchIsOurHero--general MGM

border (one per person, make 10): bcarson

photo mats (1 per person, make 10, these should be large enough so that you can put a 4 x 6 picture on them): Yodas Mom--Great Movie Ride

photo frames (1 per person, make 10, should be able to frame a 4 x 6 picture): kat disney

squares (4 per person, so making 40): jrpatter

journal box (1 per person, make 10, they should be about 3 x 3 at least): Princess Nancy 96

tag large (1 per person, make 10): new england eeyore--RocknRoller Coaster

libary pocket with tag (1 per person, make 10): bigsis1970--Tower of Terror

shaker box (1 per person, make 10): angelmom

matted song lyric/poem (1 per person, make 10--no handwriting please): jedi librarian

That's it! Let the sign-ups begin! :cheer2:

PrincessNancy96
03-20-2006, 08:27 AM
I'd like to take one large tag in Group 1.. Thanks!!!!
General MGM theme at this point..

PoohBearLovinMama
03-20-2006, 08:31 AM
I'll take Shaker Box for Group 1 and Topper for Group 2. Shaker Box will be for RnR and a General MGM for the topper

BernardandMissBianca
03-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Put me down for a topper in group 2. Sci fi dine in theme. Thanks!

lewdyan1
03-20-2006, 08:32 AM
I would love 4 small squares...I haven't a clue what my theme is yet...

Thanks for hosting this one! :goodvibes

BernardandMissBianca
03-20-2006, 08:33 AM
PBLM beat me to it switch me to borders then.

lewdyan1
03-20-2006, 08:35 AM
PBLM beat me to it switch me to borders then.
There are two groups, can you do borders in group 2? :confused3

BernardandMissBianca
03-20-2006, 08:40 AM
There are two groups, can you do borders in group 2? :confused3

Sure can. :thumbsup2

New idea!! :banana: Put me down for journal boxes for group 1 please as well as borders for group 2. Thanks!

PixieDust32
03-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Put me for topper in group 2 and shaker in group 1.

Thanks

havencruiser
03-20-2006, 09:54 AM
I will do the Library Pockets in Group 1.
Sharon

jennyL
03-20-2006, 10:00 AM
I'd like to do a matted song lyric/poem for group one and a large tag for group 2. Theme TBD...

disneyfreakk
03-20-2006, 10:01 AM
and matted song lyric/poem for goup 2 ~ Theme TBD...

disneyfreakk
03-20-2006, 10:12 AM
photo mats for group 1, Theme TBD...

disneyfreakk
03-20-2006, 10:15 AM
:badpc:

StitchIsOurHero
03-20-2006, 10:52 AM
WOW! Sign-ups are going great!

disneyfreakk--I know just how you feel with the computer! Mine never wants to do what I want it to do!

pixiedust32--I had to switch yours up a little (I hope that's ok!). I put you down for shaker in group 2, and topper in group 1. It just reversed the groups--let me know if that's not ok! :Pinkbounc

I have updated the sign-ups on the first entry!

Happy swapping! :teeth:

Queenie
03-20-2006, 12:40 PM
If you'll take people from the UK: squares in group 2 and matted song lyric/quote in group 3 if one opens up.

jennyL
03-20-2006, 12:45 PM
I looked around and I'm going to do a Tower of Terror theme on both my matted lyric/poem and large tag.

scrappinmom
03-20-2006, 01:08 PM
I'd like to join too! I'd like journal boxes? in grp 2? and something for gr 3?

mickeyfan2
03-20-2006, 01:24 PM
I will take

group #1 - photo frames (1 per person, make 10, should be able to frame a 4 x 6 picture)

group #2 - photo mats (1 per person, make 10, these should be large enough so that you can put a 4 x 6 picture on them):

YodasMom
03-20-2006, 01:49 PM
I would like to join, too. I will do:

Photo Frames for Group 2 - 50's Prime Time Cafe
Photo Mats for Group 3 - Studios Backlot Tour

Thanks for hosting! ;)

StitchIsOurHero
03-20-2006, 03:08 PM
All right, ladies! This is awesome! I can't wait to see all of our terrific swappin' stuff! I added a group 3 AND a group 4 on page 1 (the original post). That way, if you are just signing up now, you could get in on 2 groups. Anyone interested in the library pocket in group 2?

Queenie--OF COURSE you can do this from the UK! You will just have to explain to my ignorant self how to do the postage! :rotfl2:

ScrappinMom--what element would you like from group 3??

I am so excited about this swap! :cheer2:

disneyfreakk
03-20-2006, 03:45 PM
I would also like to do a shaker box for group 3 if thats okay :) theme is Fantasmic!

disneyfreakk
03-20-2006, 03:49 PM
my theme for group 1 photo mats is the Rockin' Rollercoaster

and my theme for group 2 matted song lyric/poem is Voyage of The Little Mermaid

fanofthemouse
03-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Can I do the library pocket w/tag in group 2 theme rock and roll roler coster
also
Topper in group 3 (can I do JOJo circus??? We have alot of pictures with JoJo and Goliath. If not I'll do playhouse disney)

Let me know.

StitchIsOurHero
03-20-2006, 04:02 PM
disneyfreakk--I've got your themes down, and I've got you added to group 3.

fanofthemouse--I've got you added, also. . .JoJo's Circus works for me! I'm like you--we always end up with pictures of JoJo and Goliath from either the little character areas or the Stars & Motor Cars parade!

ksjayhawks
03-20-2006, 04:11 PM
I would like the tag in group 3. will let you know on theme later.

scrappinmom
03-20-2006, 04:25 PM
HOw about Photo Mats in group 3? & I can do Jo'Jo's Circus to go with the toppers?

StitchIsOurHero
03-20-2006, 04:36 PM
I've got you all added.

scrappinmom--photo mats in group 3 is already taken. I put you down for photo frames, so it would be something similar. If you don't want to do that, let me know, and I'll take it off. I like the JoJo's Circus idea!

Queenie
03-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks for that! I'll PM you with how me and the other swap organisers are dealing with the UK postage issue tomorrow.

Two very quick questions: One, how big are the squares meant to be? I'm thinking about 1 inch but I could be way off. Two, for the matted song lyric/poem - is a quote ok as I don't recall much singing or poetry reading taking part in Indiana Jones!! Got a great quote though.

lewdyan1
03-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Two very quick questions: One, how big are the squares meant to be? I'm thinking about 1 inch but I could be way off.
The ones I made for the AK swap were 1.5" x 1.5" I don't know if this was right or wrong, but I think they were cute! :)

StitchIsOurHero
03-20-2006, 05:28 PM
1.5" x 1.5" sounds perfect to me for squares!

As far as the matted poem/song lyric goes, a quote is fine! I got a good laugh out of picturing the Indiana Jones guy breaking into song! :rotfl:

fanofthemouse
03-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Scrappinmom, do you want to coordinate the colors of your mats with my topper so they match. I'll PM you my idea

KatDisney
03-20-2006, 08:16 PM
I will do a journal box in group 3 - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

PixieDust32
03-21-2006, 12:34 AM
WOW! Sign-ups are going great!

disneyfreakk--I know just how you feel with the computer! Mine never wants to do what I want it to do!

pixiedust32--I had to switch yours up a little (I hope that's ok!). I put you down for shaker in group 2, and topper in group 1. It just reversed the groups--let me know if that's not ok! :Pinkbounc I have updated the sign-ups on the first entry!

Happy swapping! :teeth:

No problem!! Thank You. :thumbsup2

jedi_librarian
03-21-2006, 06:27 AM
Hi! I'd like to join.
Can you put me down for group 3 - border (or whatever is left, let me know)and for matted lyric for Group 4 (if there's enough interest-if not you can scratch that)

Thanks!
Carmen

P.S. I will be out of town for the next few days, so if you don't hear from me, it's not that I backed out!!! I will probably only be able to check my email while I'm gone, but I'll try to check this too, in case. :)

PrincessNancy96
03-21-2006, 08:03 AM
If you get more interests, I'll take the journal box in group 4! General MGM them!! :thumbsup2

YodasMom
03-21-2006, 08:32 AM
I would sign up for Group 4, too, for photo mats. Theme: TBA.

StitchIsOurHero
03-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Ok, everyone! I am going to go ahead and put people in group 4. It seems like we have had quite a bit of interest! It's funny, though--I read another post somewhere where the person said swapping was "addictive". . .so very true! I am already hoping someone will do a character swap at some point!

I added everyone that has posted so far. Anyone want the library pocket in group 3? I would be willing to change it to another element, if someone wanted. That way, that group will be full! If you know of anyone who would like to sign up for group 4, send them on over! :Pinkbounc

KatDisney
03-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Put me down for photo frames in group 4 please :) Im about done with group 3's.. so I need another project. Im in full swing scrappin mode.

I'm not sure what my theme will be just yet.

StitchIsOurHero
03-21-2006, 02:18 PM
kat disney--I've got you down in Group 4! You are a scrappin', swappin' machine! :cheer2:

BernardandMissBianca
03-21-2006, 02:58 PM
You can put me down for the library tag in group 3 to finish it off. I've got another great idea!

StitchIsOurHero
03-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Got it! Thanks for helping me close out poor little group 3! ;)

jrpatter
03-21-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm new to this but think I could handle the squares in group 4

StitchIsOurHero
03-21-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm new to this but think I could handle the squares in group 4

Welcome! I'll add you in! :thumbsup2

Attention all MGM Swappers: Could you all please send me your email address, real name, & DIS name (you can hold off on address--I'll get that later) to natazu@gmail.com ? That way, I'll have it when I get ready to send out my information for you to send your stuff! You all are awesome! :cheer2:

BernardandMissBianca
03-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Attention all MGM Swappers: Could you all please send me your email address, real name, & DIS name (you can hold off on address--I'll get that later) to natazu@gmail.com ? That way, I'll have it when I get ready to send out my information for you to send your stuff! You all are awesome! :cheer2:

Sending your way! :thumbsup2

jennyL
03-21-2006, 03:32 PM
On its way.

PrincessNancy96
03-21-2006, 03:49 PM

Mine is on its way to you! Thanks again!!!

KatDisney
03-21-2006, 03:54 PM
My email has been sent :)

StitchIsOurHero
03-21-2006, 07:01 PM
For all of you who have sent me emails--thanks a bunch! MGM Swappers are GREAT! :cheer2:

New England Eeyore
03-21-2006, 09:01 PM
This went fast! Darn overtime shifts meant this was my first chance to get online and check. I'm glad I didn't miss it!

I haven't had time to decide on a theme yet, but I'll take the large tag in Group 4.

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

bcarson
03-22-2006, 06:30 AM
I guess I could try my hand at Border since that is what is left. If it is still left. Let me know. Thanks!

StitchIsOurHero
03-22-2006, 03:10 PM
New England Eeyore and bcarson. . .I've got you added!

bcarson. . .I've got you down for border, but library pocket and shaker box are also left if you would like to switch to that--just let me know! :cool1:

StitchIsOurHero
03-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Just wanted to ask everyone. . .I am thinking of doing "Chicken Little" for my theme in group three (four squares). We met Chicken Little & Abby Mallard at the Magic of Disney Animation Studio at MGM. Would you use those or would just plain Mickey-oriented MGM stuff work better??

fanofthemouse
03-22-2006, 05:34 PM
I love the chicken little idea

bigsis1970
03-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi I would like to join and will take the pocket and tag in group 4 ..
Is the Tower of Terror theme ok ? I have a great idea.. Thanks Michelle

and love the chicken little theme

Michelle

StitchIsOurHero
03-23-2006, 11:08 AM
bigsis1970--I've got you added! The Tower of Terror theme sounds great.

When I was telling DH about the MGM swap the other day (MGM is his favorite park), I told him how people were choosing different rides/attractions, etc., as their theme (he didn't understand how a swap worked). He said, "Hmm. .if someone chooses ToT, you will have to ride it so we have lots of pictures to use." How wrong he is! :rotfl:

Anyone want the shaker box in group 4 so we can fill it? Anyone? Bueller?? Bueller?? :teeth:

disneyfreakk
03-23-2006, 11:28 AM
bigsis1970--I've got you added! The Tower of Terror theme sounds great.

When I was telling DH about the MGM swap the other day (MGM is his favorite park), I told him how people were choosing different rides/attractions, etc., as their theme (he didn't understand how a swap worked). He said, "Hmm. .if someone chooses ToT, you will have to ride it so we have lots of pictures to use." How wrong he is! :rotfl:

Anyone want the shaker box in group 4 so we can fill it? Anyone? Bueller?? Bueller?? :teeth:

ROFL! I love that movie!! I had a professor that was about as exciting as that teacher! It always seemed like class went on for years. :rotfl:

This is my first swap, so my DH doesnt have any idea what I am up to either! But he listens to my ideas and hugs me, then he tells me " I have no idea what you are saying, but you seem to be pretty talented and I know whatever you do will turn out wonderful!" :hug: ( and he never asks me what I spend on my new hobby! ) Isnt he great?!?!

angelmom
03-23-2006, 12:13 PM
I can take shaker box in group 4 if you need someone to fill it. When do we need to decide on a theme?

StitchIsOurHero
03-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Ok, angelmom, I've got you down! You can give me the theme whenever you want to.

WE'RE FULL!! :yay:

PrincessNancy96
03-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Wow! that filled up fast!!! I'm finishing my sports swap today! Than I'm going to start on my MGM stuff this weekend.. While I was sick yesterday I got a great idea on my tag and my other item!!! Woo hoo!!! :cool1:

StitchIsOurHero
03-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Princess Nancy96--I hope you are feeling better! :thumbsup2

PrincessNancy96
03-23-2006, 01:05 PM
Princess Nancy96--I hope you are feeling better! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm feeling a little better but not 100%! I hope that will happen in the next day! I have a free weekend with no kid activities so we are going to do some family fun things! I hope to take them to the zoo if it gets warmer or the Children's museum!!!

Queenie
03-23-2006, 01:58 PM
I just realised I have all of 8 pics from MGM last year and they are all on the same thing (Scott's dad got picked to be on the backlot tour, he was the tank mechanic who gets the several hundred gallons of water poured over him - great pics!) Gonna have to save all this stuff and be sure to take some good ones next year!!

Currently trying to think what 4 symbols I can do for Indiana, think I'm sorted!

New England Eeyore
03-23-2006, 08:18 PM
I think I have an idea for my tag in Group 4. Could you mark me down for Rock and Roller Coaster?

Thanks!! :goodvibes

StitchIsOurHero
03-23-2006, 09:23 PM
I've got your theme down, New England Eeyore!

Queenie, your MGM pic situation sounds like me with Epcot. I was telling DH about swaps, and I mentioned that I was hoping to get in one for each park. We'll have to take lots of Epcot pics in June! :teeth:

StitchIsOurHero
03-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi ladies! I hope your MGM swapping stuff is going well! If you get it done early and want to send it, you can pm me and I will send you my address. If everyone's done early, I'll send it out early. If not, that's ok, too! :teeth: I'm pretty workable either way, as long as it's here by June 24th. :thumbsup2

If you have not sent me your email information, DIS name, & real name, would you please email it to me at natazu@gmail.com? Thanks a bunch! You all are awesome! I can't wait to see all of the great MGM stuff! :cheer2:

BernardandMissBianca
03-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Bought all my supplies today. I hope to get started on them tomorrow.

PrincessNancy96
03-28-2006, 09:38 PM
I got the kids to bed on time and was able to finish both my elements tonight!!! Woo hoo!!!
Thanks for letting me participate.. I hope I don't let any of you down!!! pixiedust:

:goodvibes

BernardandMissBianca
03-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Slow down people you're making me look bad!!! ;) :lmao:

just kidding! Can you come over and help me? :thumbsup2

PixieDust32
04-02-2006, 01:52 PM
:Pinkbounc

mickeyfan2
04-02-2006, 01:59 PM
I just completed my photos mats, but have not decided what I want the photo frames to look like.

mickeyfan2
04-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Both my photo frame and photo mat will be based on the Great Movie ride - Wizard of Oz.

StitchIsOurHero
04-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Mickeyfan2--that sounds great! I love the Wizard of Oz part! :thumbsup2

bigsis1970
04-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Mickeyfan2--that sounds great! I love the Wizard of Oz part! :thumbsup2

DITTO -- Michelle

disneyfreakk
04-11-2006, 06:18 AM
I am done with my elements for all of my groups ( 1,2,3 ) I will mail them out either tomorrow or the next day. :woohoo:

disneyfreakk
04-12-2006, 04:59 PM
StitchIsOurHero,

I sent you a pm asking for your addy. I dont know if you maybe sent it and it got lost or what? :confused3 would you mind either emailing me or sending me a PM with your address when you get a chance?

Thank you ,
Kellie

StitchIsOurHero
04-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Sorry about that, Disneyfreakk! I didn't get the pm! I am pm-ing you my address right now! :badpc:

PixieDust32
06-02-2006, 11:30 PM
:dance3:

scrappinmom
06-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Mine went postal today - priority :) I can't wait to see all of these !!!!! :cool1:

ksjayhawks
06-07-2006, 10:07 PM
I am done with teaching and have finished five grad hours so far--3 to go. Anyway, I have next week off, so plan to work on my items then. Have the ideas and stuff, just have had no time to work until now. :thumbsup2

PixieDust32
06-08-2006, 05:51 PM
popcorn:: :wave: :yay: