PDA

View Full Version : Please tell this newbie about Pirate Night

Luv2Travel
03-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Do most people dress up like pirates?
Is the party after my normal dining time (6:00), or do I go to the party instead of my normal dinner?
We are on the 4 night cruise, what night is the pirate party usually on?
Any other tips?
Thank you pirate:

Scratch42
03-20-2006, 06:26 AM
You'll Love Pirate Night!

Last week on the Wonder it was on Castaway Cay night which was Tuesday Night! :thumbsup2

You will go to your regular dining rotation where they will have a special Pirate Night Dinner. You will receive a Pirate Bandana at this dinner. I was in Triton, so I did not put on my full Pirate Garb! Waited until after dinner! The Pirate Party does not start until about 9:45p.m. and is by the Goofy Pool! It's a not to be missed event! It's fun for the whole family!

Some went all out in their costumes and others dressed Tropical. It's up to you how far you want to go! pirate:

Have Fun!

Happy Sailing!

janet

mom x4,grandma x4
03-20-2006, 06:42 AM
HI The Pirate Party is a great deck party. pirate: Both ships are a little different in the celebration. on the Wonder a few people do dress up, but on the Magic lots of people dressed up in full pirate attire. I think this is because the party is only a year old and lots of people dont know to dress up. On the Magic, it seems people who take the longer cruise tend to go all out and reasearch things more. We have been on both ships twice with the pirate party and both are great, but the Magic seems to have people who go all out more.
But I say dress up and have a blast. :thumbsup2 we dressed in pirate attire at dinner because the suggested dress was pirate or tropical attire, so we did pirate to be in the spirit of the evening. :teeth: On the Wonder, we were the only ones at dinner to dress up, :confused3 on the Magic about 1/2 the dining room was dressed up as pirates, including the wait staff. :banana:
Dont miss the fireworks after the party, they are awesome. :rotfl2:
mom x4,grandma x4

PerryGreen
03-21-2006, 06:22 AM
Be prepared to hear: (usually in a British accent) "Dig for buried treasure...where IS that buried treasure?!" I can't remember the other words...something about swabbing the deck, taking a seat on the boat, and watching out for Captain Hook. pirate:

scottishwee35
03-21-2006, 06:28 AM
Hi

We are going two weeks times and we got the pirate clothes and will wearing it at the meals start 6 pm so we think we dress up and go for meals.

It will be fun, great and hope kids are awake for later at night!! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to.

Scottishwee35

minniebeth
03-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Pirate night is soo much fun! The only drawback on the Wonder is that Pirate Night is on the Castaway Cay night and my kids had a blast on CC but crashed after dinner and missed the deck party. (My DS11 and DD3 at the time) My DD8 is the only one who made it. My suggestion would be if you have kids, even the older ones, encourage a rest, nap or at least downtime so they can make it to the party! pirate: