PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Coolers insulated for stateroom-only 10 bucks

HappyLawyer
03-19-2006, 02:25 PM
I know there are no fridges in the staterooms, i asked on the budget board cuz the cheapest i found was 40 bucks on the walmart site, but dillards.com has one for 10 bucks, holds 36 cans, i got tow one for me and 1 for sis, i have been reading these boards and i read that your state room host will fill your cooler up with ice for you so if anyone would like one here is the link

http://www.dillards.com/index.html

then search by rolling coolers godd luck

clovely
03-19-2006, 02:41 PM
That's cool! I leave on Thursday, though. Wonder if I could find it at my Dillard's or if it's just online? I need to go to the mall to look for a birthday gift anyway; I'll check. Thanks for the heads-up!

HappyLawyer
03-19-2006, 02:53 PM
it never hurts to look at the local store have fun on your cruise

momrek06
03-19-2006, 02:57 PM
I am confused?? We had a refridge in our stateroom?? We were on the Wonder!! Granted they are not HUGE and not all that DEEP but I had water bottles and leftover desserts and fruit in my WONDER refridge.HHMmmm

HappyLawyer
03-19-2006, 03:01 PM
i know the wonder has cooling boxes, unless you were lucky enough o get a fridge

wltdsnyfan
03-19-2006, 03:02 PM
That's cool! I leave on Thursday, though. Wonder if I could find it at my Dillard's or if it's just online? I need to go to the mall to look for a birthday gift anyway; I'll check. Thanks for the heads-up!
I just got one at Sam's since you need it right away. It fits up to 52 cans and has a zipper top for goodies. It wasn't 10.00 through it cost us 24.95. Don't know if you have a Sam's buy you.

momrek06
03-19-2006, 03:02 PM
i know the wonder has cooling boxes, unless you were lucky enough o get a fridge

OO, so I may have had a "cooling box" in my room. I did notice it had like THREE doors to close....that was unusual. Wait until you see...THREE DOORS to close this refridge. I was in 7556!!!! Interesting!!!

TiggerInNY
03-19-2006, 04:39 PM
I know there are no fridges in the staterooms, i asked on the budget board cuz the cheapest i found was 40 bucks on the walmart site, but dillards.com has one for 10 bucks, holds 36 cans, i got tow one for me and 1 for sis, i have been reading these boards and i read that your state room host will fill your cooler up with ice for you so if anyone would like one here is the link

Thanks. I just ordered one for myself. That's a good price. Thanks again.

TiggerInNY

HappyLawyer
03-19-2006, 04:41 PM
hey no problem these boards are where i have come by some of the best travel deals, i am more then happy to spread the word

AAOSAM2
03-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the info ordered 2 today. :cool1: :cool1:

clovely
03-19-2006, 04:49 PM
They didn't have it at Dillard's. Oh well. They did have one but it was striped and kinda "girlie" - dh would've hated it. It was $26. Might try to get to Sams. Might just not have time this week. Would've been great for that price but not something we can't live without - not worth running around town at this point.

nrsldy
03-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks!
Ordered one for our trip in Oct. :woohoo:

lisa08
03-19-2006, 06:36 PM
thanks got mine,, I hope it gets here by Mon march 27,,, I leave on Wonder march 30 but headed to orlando on the 27th

Justkimm
03-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Thank You Thank You Thank You !!!!

I just ordered 2 !!!

merry22
03-19-2006, 07:43 PM

I saw a similar bag at a Dillard's in Auburn, AL this weekend. It was very nice.
:wave: Good Luck Hunting one down.

kritter
03-19-2006, 07:50 PM
thanks just got two what a deal....

HappyLawyer
03-19-2006, 07:58 PM
it's amazing the things that excite s when we become adults, i asked if it was the only color they came in but for 10 bucks i won't bee to picky

Caropooh
03-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Just ordered 2 of these for us! We're not going until March 2007! At least that gives us almost a year to figure out how to get them on the plane or in our suitcases!!!

LADYnTRAMP
03-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks so much for sharing the tip! Just another reason to love the DIS! :thumbsup2

HappyLawyer
03-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Just ordered 2 of these for us! We're not going until March 2007! At least that gives us almost a year to figure out how to get them on the plane or in our suitcases!!!

hey it's never too early that is one less thing you have to get closer to trip time

confal2829
03-20-2006, 06:32 AM
:thumbsup2 Thanks for the post. I ordered mine last night!! :wizard:

disneydiva58
03-20-2006, 09:00 AM
THANK YOU!!!!! I ordered 2 for my cruise in october!!! :thumbsup2

Gramto3
03-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the tip. I ordered today and will use mine for little league baseball games and for upcoming cruise. :banana:

Kim&Chris
03-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Thank you so much for posting that!! What a great deal...and only $5 to ship. This will be great for Castaway Cay!!

texasthree
03-20-2006, 09:47 AM
What do you really need a cooler for? We wont be bringing beer or anything on board, do we need a cooler? We dont have formula or anything like that. I hate to overpack. That cooler is a great deal so if you all really think I need a cooler then I am going to order it as well. Shipping is so cheap!

repeatcruiser
03-20-2006, 11:01 AM
What do you really need a cooler for? We wont be bringing beer or anything on board, do we need a cooler? We dont have formula or anything like that. I hate to overpack. That cooler is a great deal so if you all really think I need a cooler then I am going to order it as well. Shipping is so cheap!

I've never understood this. We've done 3 cruises, and never needed it. There is a fridge in every room large enough to keep water / softdrinks, left overs from room service, etc. (not overly cold, but adequate). Water (tap, not bottled) and soft drinks are available free on board, so I personally don't see the need to weight yourself down with this one.

momrek06
03-20-2006, 11:31 AM
JUST BOUGHT THE DILLARDS COOLER. YUP, got it for $10.00! I will use it for my cruise and then take it to the ocean this summer!!!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO!!!

I may go get another one!!! It really is NEAT!!! :thumbsup2

Tam-PA
03-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Happylawyer: Yes, thank you for letting us know about this bargain. That's one less thing I have to worry about for our cruise.

karylrocks
03-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the tip! I am not sure I will use it for the cruise but I ordered one plus a Mickey waffle maker, Disney popcorn popper, and Disney ice shaver all for $50 plus $7.95 shipping. :thumbsup2

3sons
03-20-2006, 12:50 PM
:confused3 I 'm a little confused. Do you pack these coolers w/ beverages and then roll them into the terminal?

3sons
03-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Do you pack these coolers w/ beverages and pull them into the terminal? :confused3

Schiffy
03-21-2006, 04:40 AM
Placed my order yesterday. Hope I get it before my cruise next Saturday. Thans for the tip!:thumbsup2

Schiffy

BuzzBoyMom
03-21-2006, 05:17 AM
Does anyone else wonder what Dillards web order people are thinking - geesh!! Huge rush on the coolers!!! The Disboards strike again!

First Crocs, then it was the sunglasses, then some watershoes and now the cooler.

Hey - everyone .... I know a great stock you can buy!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

aprilgail2
03-21-2006, 06:08 AM
OO, so I may have had a "cooling box" in my room. I did notice it had like THREE doors to close....that was unusual. Wait until you see...THREE DOORS to close this refridge. I was in 7556!!!! Interesting!!!

Yes that is what we had too...it was a cooling box...wouldn't keep milk from spoiling or medicines good but it kept things just cool....we put the milk in the bucket full of ice and then in the cooling box to keep it good.

ThePhantomsGirl
03-21-2006, 06:14 AM
I got in on this deal too! GREAT price. They are fast too as it's already on it's way and almost here. (UPS tracking) Something tells me my parents are going to swipe this and use it all the time!

LADYnTRAMP
03-21-2006, 06:25 AM
I got in on this deal too! GREAT price. They are fast too as it's already on it's way and almost here. (UPS tracking) Something tells me my parents are going to swipe this and use it all the time!

That's why I ordered 2! :thumbsup2

mmouse37
03-21-2006, 06:41 AM
Do you pack these coolers w/ beverages and pull them into the terminal? :confused3

Yes, many folks pack these rolling coolers with beverages and then wheel them on....but no ice...as it will leak.

As others have stated....this is not a necessary item....it is just if you want to bring your own beverages......there are mini fridges in EVERY cabin (they used to be the mini bar in the early days of DCL) and are more than adequate in keeping things cold (I would not put medicines in it that need to kept at a specific temp...for that you can request a real mini fridge from DCL) but is fine for most beverages. We have cruised 15 times on DCL and have stayed in a variety of cabins and never had a problem with keeping things cold in the "mini fridge/cooler". So, unless you really can't live without a particular beverage or want to save some dough on alchol or bottled water, then you really don't need to lug a cooler with you.

We often bring one or two bottles of wine onboard with us, but I just put it in our carryon.

amynrick
03-21-2006, 07:33 AM
So what are the rules about what kind of beverages you can bring on board. Are you allowed to bring in your own alcohol or beer? I am planning our second cruise and I noticed on the first cruise that a lot of people had coolers with beer, but never noticed if they let them on board with them. We like to have a couple of drinks, but the prices for drinks on the ship is a little spendy. It would be nice to bring some of our own on. :confused3

jerseyjanie
03-21-2006, 09:30 AM

Just ordered mine!! Thank you so much - I never would have thought of checking the Dillards site. Have you received yours yet? Just wondering if they're decent -- well, for $10.00 who cares?! Thanks again (and I'm sure Dillards thanks you too!)

joepoe
03-21-2006, 10:14 AM
I just got one at Sam's since you need it right away. It fits up to 52 cans and has a zipper top for goodies. It wasn't 10.00 through it cost us 24.95. Don't know if you have a Sam's buy you.

We are newbie cruisers leaving Sunday. Help us understand? Why do we need such big rolling coolers? 36 cans? 52 cans? Plus goodies? We are a family of five. Is this a must?

momrek06
03-21-2006, 10:20 AM
IF your family LOVES soda and water...well then it is a MUST (hahaha)! Actually the soda is FREE 24 hours a day UP on DECK 9. If you feel like having a soda in your cabin and not going up and down all the time, then the cooler is an awesome IDEA!!! :thumbsup2
Same for the BOTTLED WATER on DCL. The bottled water is NOT free, so I would bring that in the cooler as well as soda.

You know what, I have to STOP typing and go order another one online at DILLARDS. My DS is going cross-country this summer for 3 weeks and has already CLAIMED the one I got yesterday..... :)

I will DEF need another one....HEY for $10.00 how can you go wrong.... :)

I LOVE THE DIS BOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :banana: :cheer2: :wave2:

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
03-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks for posting this. I ordered a couple. We may not use them on the cruise (already have a disney one for this purpose) but we can always use these cheap... we use rolling coolers a lot when camping, going to water parks, etc. Very good price! I see they say they'll send an email about availability later though- so I will just cross my fingers and hope they haven't run out at this price!

mmouse37
03-21-2006, 10:24 AM
So what are the rules about what kind of beverages you can bring on board. Are you allowed to bring in your own alcohol or beer? I am planning our second cruise and I noticed on the first cruise that a lot of people had coolers with beer, but never noticed if they let them on board with them. We like to have a couple of drinks, but the prices for drinks on the ship is a little spendy. It would be nice to bring some of our own on. :confused3

Yes, you can bring your own beer, wine, other alcohol etc. onboard with you.....I would be discreet and not flaunt it but DCL is one of the the few cruiselines that lets you bring your own....

kritter
03-21-2006, 12:38 PM
do they care if you pack the cooler full of water and alchol?? ad long as no ice in it????

HappyLawyer
03-21-2006, 01:14 PM
We are newbie cruisers leaving Sunday. Help us understand? Why do we need such big rolling coolers? 36 cans? 52 cans? Plus goodies? We are a family of five. Is this a must?

Only you can make the determination of if you need one or not, no one can answer it for you, we are a family of 3, i know our needs and we need one, it really just depends, we also use our post cruise, we fill it up and keep it in back of the suv so when we leave the parks we have a cold drink, we etake it to the pool area at OLCC and use it there

Justkimm
03-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Bad News!!! I just checked online and it is no longer available online !!!

We must have bought out the warehouse!!!! :lmao: :rotfl:

I am glad that I got mine and they are shipped and on their way!!

LADYnTRAMP
03-21-2006, 04:15 PM
I can't believe it! I just placed this order on Sunday and it arrived today! We have Dillard's here locally so I don't know if that made a difference or not. Anyway, it's really neat...a nice size, not too big and great that it rolls around like a piece of luggage. Thanks again HappyLawyer! :thumbsup2

HappyLawyer
03-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Anytime everyone i just checked mine is not here yet but it is in transit

MNrae
03-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Dillards.com - no longer available on line - darn!

MNrae
03-21-2006, 05:11 PM
What do you use the rolling cooler for - use in the room or on excursions? Do you actually bring it with you? Isn't that an inconvenience? What if you are swimming or on a boat - bring it just like a backback or purse? Then do what with it? I like the idea, just worried I'll feel like I'm stuck with it and no where to put it or anyone to watch it.

Forgive me, newbie!!

wltdsnyfan
03-21-2006, 05:47 PM
I will be honest I did not buy mine for the Cruise. I bought mine for sports. I uses most of the time for Baseball. I did not know about the 10.00 one before I bought mine. They have what they call coolers in the room's. They do not keep things as cold as a frig. If you are a family of 5 and being your own drinks it might come in handy for you. The nice thing about either coller is they fold up and you can put in your suitcase. The host or hoster will bring you ice for it. :sunny:

wltdsnyfan
03-21-2006, 05:50 PM
I will be honest I did not buy mine for the Cruise. I bought mine for sports. BY goodies I mean there is a duffle bag that is zippered on to the time of it. You could leave it on or take it off. I uses most of the time for Baseball. I did not know about the 10.00 one before I bought mine. They have what they call coolers in the room's. They do not keep things as cold as a frig. If you are a family of 5 and being your own drinks it might come in handy for you. The nice thing about either coller is they fold up and you can put in your suitcase. The host or hoster will bring you ice for it. :sunny:

HappyLawyer
03-22-2006, 01:46 PM
hey all update mine arrived today i am so excited

momrek06
03-22-2006, 01:53 PM
hey all update mine arrived today i am so excited

Waiting on mine, HappyLawyer.....THANKS AGAIN for that AWESOME TIP!!!

Justkimm
03-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Mine arrived today via UPS !!!!!!!

A great bargain !!

TiggerInNY
03-22-2006, 07:29 PM
UPDATE: My cooler came today!!! I'm sooo excited. I can't believe this only cost $10($15 total). I love it. It will get many many days on the baseball field, beach, and DCL.

HappyLawyer - Thanks for the heads up. That's so funny that they ran out. I could just hear them at the supply house wondering what the hay is going on with these coolers? :lmao:

Thanks again.

TiggerInNY

ThePhantomsGirl
03-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Mine arrived today as well. It's pretty darned nice for $10! Even if I don't take it on the cruise I'll get lots of use out of it anyway. My parents like it too.

mnemsmommy
03-22-2006, 08:23 PM
:thumbsup2 :hug: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :disrocks:

Thanks for the tip- ours came last night- it is going to make our soccer games much more enjoyable. Thanks for the wonderful tip!!!

HappyLawyer
03-23-2006, 08:24 AM
well i am sure they are durable as softball season will be upon us soon, gee parents really don't get any breaks, but then after that the cruise

Caropooh
03-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Our 2 arrived today!! :banana:
Can anyone figure out what that velcroed flap at the bottom is for? It's right above the wheels. It doesn't collapse the cooler or anything, as far as I can figure.

momrek06
03-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Our 2 arrived today!! :banana:
Can anyone figure out what that velcroed flap at the bottom is for? It's right above the wheels. It doesn't collapse the cooler or anything, as far as I can figure.

ME TOO!!! ME TOO!!! Mine came FRIDAY and I forgot to POST but also, yes, what exactly is that bottom thing all about...my DS thought maybe you attached something to it....like there is this huge piece of VELCRO?????? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 06:16 PM
I just looked at mine and it doesn't have any velcro near the bottom? But what is the loop for near the top of the cooler for? It's right against the handle when it's collapsed down. I'm perplexed!!!

momrek06
03-27-2006, 06:25 PM
I just looked at mine and it doesn't have any velcro near the bottom? But what is the loop for near the top of the cooler for? It's right against the handle when it's collapsed down. I'm perplexed!!!

TIGGER: Look at the SEAM around the entire bottom...pull on that and you will note VELCRO right there.....very interesting.

As far as the LOOP, maybe to hang it up when NOT in USE. Or strap it to something?????

I did look for an instruction manual but I did not see one....

Go ahead TIGGER: Look closely at the bottom and try to figure out why that SEPARATES?????????

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 06:32 PM
TIGGER: Look at the SEAM around the entire bottom...pull on that and you will note VELCRO right there.....very interesting.

As far as the LOOP, maybe to hang it up when NOT in USE. Or strap it to something?????

I did look for an instruction manual but I did not see one....

Go ahead TIGGER: Look closely at the bottom and try to figure out why that SEPARATES?????????

OK, I found it. Beats the hey out of me why that separates. :confused3 Don't have a clue....

momrek06
03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
OK, I found it. Beats the hey out of me why that separates. :confused3 Don't have a clue....

TIGGER: :confused3 :confused3

I asked my DH who is a design engineer (granted for the railroad) BUT I still thought he might know......but he has NO clue :rolleyes:

Faith&Hope
03-27-2006, 06:44 PM
What exactly do the rooms have in them? What is the difference between a "cooler" and "refridge"? I am traveling with an infant so I need to be able to store milk/formula. Hmm.....

THanks!

Caropooh
03-27-2006, 07:28 PM
I figured out what the velcro place is for!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :yay:
It's your secret hiding place for your ID and KTTW card when you're on Castaway Cay!!!! Of course since all DIS'rs now have these rolling coolers, it's not so secret any more!!!
No clue on the loop at the top, :confused3 unless you used it to hang it up. That's sort of weird, if you ask me.

momrek06
03-27-2006, 07:33 PM
I figured out what the velcro place is for!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :yay:
It's your secret hiding place for your ID and KTTW card when you're on Castaway Cay!!!! Of course since all DIS'rs now have these rolling coolers, it's not so secret any more!!!
No clue on the loop at the top, :confused3 unless you used it to hang it up. That's sort of weird, if you ask me.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

4theloveofdisney
03-27-2006, 07:44 PM
I see the $10 ones are gone but I did find some on sale when I typed in "coolers" - $24 for the large - still a good deal! Just thought I would pass it on.

momrek06
03-27-2006, 07:53 PM
What exactly do the rooms have in them? What is the difference between a "cooler" and "refridge"? I am traveling with an infant so I need to be able to store milk/formula. Hmm.....

THanks!

FAITH: I learned on these Boards that what was in our room was actually a "cooling box"....I will say when we got into our room, I noticed that the refridge had like THREE doors. Really strange, I thought. Really weird :confused3 !!

I did keep all my bottled water in there and any leftovers from dinner in there and it appeared to be nice and cold...but that said I have NO clue if it is proper for baby formula??? :confused3 :confused3 !

If no one posts you, then I would certainly call DCL before leaving to get the FACTS on the refridge....or cooling box...??? :rotfl: :rotfl:

kath1210
03-27-2006, 08:52 PM
It's really a nice little cooler. I think we'll bring it on the cruise and use it on CC to carry water, etc.

We will also use it for this soccer season. I am also going to keep it in the back of my minivan for keeping frozen or cold groceries in until I get them home.

momrek06
03-27-2006, 09:15 PM
OKAY EVERYONE:

I talked to my DS again about the bottom of the cooler....

He THINKS that is the ONLY why they could PROPERLY attach the
WHEELS.... :confused3

Anyone else THINK, that they may be it!!!! :confused3

TiggerInNY
03-28-2006, 07:44 AM
I am also going to keep it in the back of my minivan for keeping frozen or cold groceries in until I get them home.

THAT is a good idea. I love it!!! It's a great size for that. Good thinking. Thanks.

TiggerInNY

BWVPam
03-28-2006, 08:52 AM
THAT is a good idea. I love it!!! It's a great size for that. Good thinking. Thanks.

TiggerInNY

Maria -- the color of our rolling coolers should go well with our excursions bags we are ordering. I think they are about the same color of blue!

Caropooh
03-28-2006, 09:52 AM
OKAY EVERYONE:

I talked to my DS again about the bottom of the cooler....

He THINKS that is the ONLY why they could PROPERLY attach the
WHEELS.... :confused3

Anyone else THINK, that they may be it!!!! :confused3

:confused3 I guess that could be it. I don't know. DD12 has a rolling backpack for school and she doesn't have a cool velcro flap on the bottom of hers. The wheels are just attached through the bottom of the backpack. We WILL figure this out!!!

momrek06
03-28-2006, 09:56 AM
:confused3 I guess that could be it. I don't know. DD12 has a rolling backpack for school and she doesn't have a cool velcro flap on the bottom of hers. The wheels are just attached through the bottom of the backpack. We WILL figure this out!!!

YES!!! we WILL... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ...we will need sometime but we

WILL figure it out!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: