PDA

View Full Version : WW and insurance

gottalovethem
03-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Is it possible to get health insurance to pay for something like LA Weightloss or WW? I would love to try one of those programs, the weekly weigh in forces me to be a bit more honest about what I eat, but can't foot the bill.

I've done WW in the past and it worked, of course I got pg each time I lost weight LOL

sunkissed212
03-19-2006, 01:52 PM
You'd probably have to contact your health insurance company. I have HAP through my company and I know that on the HAP website there is a link for discounts on things like weight watchers, lasik surgery, etc.

Good luck.

ImprovGal
03-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Health insurance benefits can vary tremendously by carrier and group account. WW or fitness center reimbursements might even be offered directly from your employer. I'm an employee of a health insurer and while we do have a fitness center and a weight watchers reimbursement subsidy available to us, I'm not sure if that's processed by our HR department as a separate benefit or as part of our employee health insurance coverage.

gottalovethem
03-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Health insurance benefits can vary tremendously by carrier and group account. WW or fitness center reimbursements might even be offered directly from your employer. I'm an employee of a health insurer and while we do have a fitness center and a weight watchers reimbursement subsidy available to us, I'm not sure if that's processed by our HR department as a separate benefit or as part of our employee health insurance coverage.

So I need to have dh check with HR department?