PDA

View Full Version : Scoop on Suites...

lastminutemomma
03-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Looking for both general and detailed info regarding suites on WDW property to help plan our next trip (hopefully Jan 2007.) Although we are a small family of 4 (DH, DS 5, DD 2, & me) we are thinking a suite may be the way to go for better sleeping, napping and a little more space. Despite being on the go all day between the parks, pool and playground, DS & DD took at least 1 hr to settle down and go to sleep on our trip this past Jan. We lucked out with the weather as DH & I sat out on our balcony at WL but who knows what the weather will be next Jan.

So, that all said here are my questions:
1) Are the Pop Century suites really worth it? My concern is its distance from MK and the transportation time needed to & from.
2) Has anyone stayed at the Contemorary in a suite - was it worth the extra $$$ ?
3) Does anyone have any hidden gems they could share with me (and everyone!) about suites or other accomodations in WDW to facilitate a better bedtime set-up for all?

D&R love Disney
03-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Except for the new suites at the All Star ( I don't believe Pop has suites but I may be wrong ), they are pretty expensive. You may be better off renting DVC points and getting a one bedroom unit. You could also rent a cabin at Fort Wilderness, that has a separate sleeping area and it's a fun place to stay. Both options have kitchens too.

Buzz2001
03-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Click on this THREAD (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1052833) or visit my website below for detailed info on suites at CSR, the only mod to offer suites.

DVC Sadie
03-19-2006, 01:51 PM
The suites are worth it for us because we enjoy having two tv's and a place to lounge while not sleeping. Also enjoy having a MK view especially at night, having a drink and watching the fireworks. Have a great vacation. :thumbsup2

lastminutemomma
03-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Many thanks for all of your info - I had not thought of renting DVC points! I think I saw a thread or board somewhere on how to do this. CSR looks good too. Thank you all again!

PartyOf5
03-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Click on this THREAD (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1052833) or visit my website below for detailed info on suites at CSR, the only mod to offer suites.

:thumbsup2

jnordan
03-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Just another thought . . . We're planning our trip and had been debating a suite either on or off Disney property. We really wanted to stay on Disney property, but a suite was going to be too expensive. What we've decided to do is get a regular room (actually, we're renting DVC points for a studio BCV), but hire a babysitter EVERY night, so we can go out and have some adult time doing whatever we want (even if it's hanging at the hotel in the pool by ourselves!) without worrying about waking sleeping children. The $50-$60 a night we'll pay for a sitter is still WAY cheaper than the difference in cost between a regular room and a suite, and this way we'll be able to DO stuff!

LouisianaDisneyFan
03-19-2006, 06:15 PM
They have suites at one of the All-Star resorts that are over $200/night and they are not eligible for the AAA discount. You would be better off getting adjoining rooms instead.

They also have suites at CSR, and I have heard they are nice. My understanding is that they are eligible for the AAA discount.

To my knowledge, there are no other Disney-owned suites in the lower price end resorts. In-room babysitting is available at many of the resorts, not just DVC properties, so that is something you might want to explore. I'm assuming you are considering price in your search, as your OP was asking if it was worth extra $... but if you aren't limited by price, you might check out the disneysuites.com site to see the other choices available. Good luck! ~Ev :)

byoung
03-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Are they booking the suites now.

byoung
03-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Are they booking the suites now?

minnie61650
03-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Are they booking the suites now?

Yes,they started booking the All Star suites the beginning of March.
They have 2 bathrooms and mousekeeping is included which is it is not at a DVC

Lizzybee
03-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Yeah they have started booking them b/c every time I dream about taking a trip with just me and my two kids, it automatically comes up as a suite, then I have to click standard. I don't get what about one adult and two kids trips the "suites" trigger or maybe it's just that they want to be sure everyone notices it. :confused3