PDA

View Full Version : Rm-# 6558 on Wonder. Am I doomed?

mamaof2
03-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Can't find any reports on this rm. If you saw it or had it, what did you think of it? Am I doomed?

ivanova
03-19-2006, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't say doomed.

You are conveniently located near the midship elevators, meaning not an overly extensive amount of walking on your part.

But by being near the elevators there will be more foot traffic outside of your room. If you nap during the day, or good to bed earlier than most people, then this may or may not be an issue (it will depend on the people walking outisde your room, and if they are considerate).

The good news is that you aren't under any night clubs, etc. And under you is the Oceaneers Club. I don't think they'd be overly noisey. It's definitely better than being over Parrot Cay (which can get rather rowdy during dinner times ... so if you're trying to rest before or after dinner, forget it).

mamaof2
03-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the reply.
This is my 1st cruise and it didn't dawn on me to check the rm location while I was booking. When I recv. my rm # I saw that it was near the elevators-then realized, I might be doomed!!!!Thanks for making me see the lighter side of things. I don't have to walk much. :)
Well wish me luck!!!

djs113
03-19-2006, 12:08 PM
look at the similar room on the opposite side of the ship to get a good idea

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomreport.cfm?ID=525

mamaof2
03-19-2006, 09:43 PM
thanks for the link... It was helpful considering that its the same rm. I am glad that you had a great experience with your rm. I cannot understand why people have said such horror stories. I will take your word for it though. Thanks again! :wave2: :wave2:

MommaluvsDis
03-19-2006, 10:16 PM
mamaof2...

I think you'll be happy with your room. In all the drawings of the deck plans, everything looks closer than it actually is. However, if you need to wash or iron you will be just down the hall from the laundryroom which is located, I believe, between rooms #6588 and #6590. Very convenient for you!

mamaof2
03-20-2006, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=MommaluvsDis]mamaof2...

I think you'll be happy with your room. In all the drawings of the deck plans, everything looks closer than it actually is. However, if you need to wash or iron you will be just down the hall from the laundryroom which is located, I believe, between rooms #6588 and #6590. Very convenient for you![/QUOTE

It's great to hear about the Laundry rm. I do have to wash a load before I leave--We are heading to WDW after the cruise. I don't want to overpack... So i figured I could wash what I take and reuse it at disney. :)
Thank you for the heads up!!!Wish me luck....