PDA

View Full Version : DCL cruising for younger adults?

rex_b
03-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Would DCL be a good choice for those under 28 years old? Or is it just too family oriented?

Disneybridein2k3
03-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Would DCL be a good choice for those under 28 years old? Or is it just too family oriented?

DH and I (both under 28 or under at the time) spent our honeymoom on the DCL and had a wonderful time!!! There are plenty of activities available that are for adults....

Fsudisney
03-20-2006, 09:57 AM
I would say that depends on how much you like Disney. If you love Disney, like I do, I think you will love it. I am 27 am going on my 4th DCL cruise this week. Two of my past trips have been with family, with lots of younger cousins, but I still enjoyed myself.
I convinced my boyfriend, who is not a Disney fanatic, to go on the 7 day last year, and he ended up loving it. He thought the ship was so nice, like it was brand new, and he loved all the food. He even enjoyed the Disney themed shows. We had a great time exploring the ship, laying out by the adult pool, and in the ports, we either booked our own excursions (non-DCL) or explored on our own. We ate at Palo's one night, played in one of the Bingo games, went to the movies, and to a beer-tasting.
So- we had a blast, but I guess it depends on what you are looking for. If you are going to spend time with your family/friends (whoever you are going with), I think it would be hard NOT to have fun. But if you are looking for a party cruise, with alot of other people your age, and good clubs, you probably wont like it. There are a lot of families on board.
Hope this helps!
What are you guys looking for in a cruise?

repeatcruiser
03-20-2006, 01:26 PM
DCL is family-oriented the same way that WDW is - while it has more than its share of characters and kids activities, there are also many things for adults.

If you enjoy yourself at WDW, then you will enjoy DCL.