PDA

View Full Version : getting started

gottalovethem
03-19-2006, 09:37 AM
I am new to the WISH board and noticed that everyone seems to be pretty encouraging. I am extremely overweight and would like to get started on losing rather than gaining -- I'm done having kids and am nursing my third so it's about time to get started.

I'm gonna be 35 this year and know that I have to make changes now in order to live a better life for my children, but I have been having some real binging problems lately.

I already work out three times a week at the YMCA (twice a week are the aerobics/fitness classes).

Please help me get started and motivated. I need to do this but just don't know where or how to begin.

saturday97
03-20-2006, 10:29 AM
May I suggest WW? I think it's a great plan, and was especially helpful for the "getting started" phase!

gottalovethem
03-20-2006, 12:37 PM
WW is great, I've done it before but can't afford it right now.

However, I have good news. I have started officially today. Slim Fast has a wonderful website that has a nutrition long along with suggested calories, fat grams, etc. You don't even have to eat their foods (though I'll stick a few bars/drinks in there to help me out). So have started logging in my foods today and am starting on the right track -- and I've already had my challenges.

I am trying to remember that I can control food -- not everything else in my life.

saturday97
03-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Great!! The other thing I was going to suggest is keeping a journal so that you can keep track of your progess. Sounds like you are off to a great start! :sunny: