PDA

View Full Version : When is a kid a "kid"?

Disneybridein2k3
03-19-2006, 08:40 AM
...for pricing? I thought I saw somewhere that a 12 year old was a considered a child for pricing purposes but when we booked our next cruise, DD12 was charged as an adult (she will still be 12 while cruising).
TIA!

Horace Horsecollar
03-19-2006, 09:05 AM
...for pricing? I thought I saw somewhere that a 12 year old was a considered a child for pricing purposes but when we booked our next cruise, DD12 was charged as an adult (she will still be 12 while cruising).
TIA!
For the first and second passenger in a stateroom, the fare is regardless of age and is based on double occupancy. Some people call this an "adult price," but it's really an age-independent fare. There are no age-based pricing tiers.

On DCL, for the third, fourth, and fifth passenger (up to the capacity of the stateroom), the fare is lower because the first two passengers have covered the stateroom itself. There are three pricing tiers:
under 3 years
ages 3-12
all other

lbgraves
03-19-2006, 09:07 AM
According to Passporter, the prices are set up for Kids under 3, kids 3-12, and all others. It looks like the rates on the 3 & 4 nights are the same for 3-12 & all others. There is more of a difference when you book the 7 night.

Diamond_Girls
03-20-2006, 07:00 AM
I just put in a cruise quote using my 12 year old and 14 year old as the 3rd & 4th passengers, and then did it using 14 & 15 ages and the prices came out the same. It didn't charge a lower price for the 12 year old...?