PDA

View Full Version : Sharpies vs. Fabric Markers...

Pavilion 2000
03-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Which is better for signatures on pillowcases? Does it really matter? Will the sharpies ink fade after repeated washings? What about the fabric markers? I can't decide which one to get for our Nov cruise. Any advise?

minniebeth
03-18-2006, 09:21 PM
We used Sharpies... with quite a few washings, they still look great. They are easy to find in all kinds of nice colors, and while not inexpensive, I would think fabric markers would cost more. Plus, the Sharpies then can be used for all kinds of things afterwards and much easier to find. My vote is for Sharpies... :thumbsup2

TexasGirl
03-18-2006, 09:23 PM
I'd def say the fabric markers. My daughter's pillowcase from July is already so badly faded you can barely see the names. When we go again we are FOR SURE packing a fabric marker. Plus...stay away from colors. Stick with black

MommyMouse
03-18-2006, 09:38 PM
I used the colored Sharpies for labeling on my kids PE shirts. They faded quickly and almost unable to see clearly after several washings. I always thought a Sharpie was a Sharpie, but realized you need to use the fabric markers for material :rolleyes:

Pavilion 2000
03-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks all for your responses. I guess, to be on the safe side, I'll go for the Fabric Markers. Is there a particular brand that's better than others? I was at Michael's the other day and they have a whole selection of Fabric Markers. I was clueless as to which one to get! Some recommend "heat set", some did not. What does that even mean???? :confused3

Tink!
03-18-2006, 09:50 PM
i think there is something called a sharpie fabric marker. i think that will work good! :thumbsup2

Pavilion 2000
03-18-2006, 09:53 PM
i think there is something called a sharpie fabric marker. i think that will work good! :thumbsup2

Where can I find this???!!!????

Tink!
03-19-2006, 11:53 AM
you can get them at walmart, target, maybe a crafts store!

PatricenPete
03-19-2006, 12:03 PM
I am planning on using Fabric Markers - We made t-shirts for all the kids that attended my son's 1st birthday and gave them fabric markers to color in the t-shirts and they worked awesome! I have an extra box so I am all set ;)

fakereadhed
03-19-2006, 04:00 PM
I have used Rub-A-Dub marker. I have only found it in black though. This is what to look for-Rub-A-Dub picture (http://image.misterart.com/grouppix/528x352/7000/g7541.jpg)

Pavilion 2000
03-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks for all the great advice! I guess I'll be making yet another trip to target... not that it'll be the last either! :)

Jake & Crew
03-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Def earning my ears! ?? Write on pillow cases?? Did I miss something, firs time I have seen any posts about this, please explain. :confused3

BuzzBoyMom
03-20-2006, 06:36 AM
Many people drop off a blank, or pre-personalized pillow case at Guest Services at the beginning of the cruise. On the last night, you can pick it up with all/many of the characters signatures. Makes for a neat little souvenir. If you do a search there is a thread all about them.

BuzzBoyMom
03-20-2006, 06:37 AM
Try this..
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1057260&highlight=pillowcases

Downrivermama
03-20-2006, 10:00 AM
We were on the 3/2 Wonder and I had included fabric markers with our tote bags. They used their own black Sharpie (marker). Got everthing back. So I guess it doesn't matter what you provide, they use their own.

sirena
03-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Make sure you pick it up! I left my two pillowcases b/c I forgot all about it. I dropped them off the first night and thought they would come drop it off at th SR and then totally blocked it out. Duh!

dlf246
03-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Make sure you pick it up! I left my two pillowcases b/c I forgot all about it. I dropped them off the first night and thought they would come drop it off at th SR and then totally blocked it out. Duh!
Whoa! I'm pretty certain that many people have posted about returning to their stateroom and finding them.... is that not right??

sirena
03-21-2006, 09:02 AM
That's why i expected them to deliver them but they never did. Next time I'll put an alarm in my PC or a post-it note somewhere :smooth:

dlf246
03-26-2006, 01:17 PM
That's why i expected them to deliver them but they never did. Next time I'll put an alarm in my PC or a post-it note somewhere :smooth:
Sirena: I am writing to you on board Magic, and GS confirmed that THEY deliver the pillowcase Friday.
Now for some good news: they filled out a form with my name and room number... I bet your case is somewhere aside and you might find some kind CM on shore to rescue it?

poohfriend
03-26-2006, 02:07 PM
On the 4 day, they told me to pick them up!

also, they do often use their own pens, so it may not matter what you spend!

We wrote our names before hand with that new bic pen (sharpie-like) those names bled...the ones the cast members used did not do so as badly.

If I were going to do it again, I would include the fabric kind....wash your pillow case before you leave home -- the ink will adhere better.

sirena
03-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Sirena: I am writing to you on board Magic, and GS confirmed that THEY deliver the pillowcase Friday.
Now for some good news: they filled out a form with my name and room number... I bet your case is somewhere aside and you might find some kind CM on shore to rescue it?

Weird. GS wrote only the SR # on the ziploc bag so maybe they delivered to somebody else...I never got them and I doubt they even have them around. :confused3 No biggie, I'll just bring a new one and make sure I pick it up...