PDA

View Full Version : Jet Ski Tour in Key West

captchris
03-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Has anyone ever taken the Jet ski tour in Key West? It looks like it would be pretty fun as it goes around the entire island. The price seems fairly reasonable too.

I am just curious as to whether or not this is a good tour and am looking for any feedback anyone could provide.

njmoms
03-18-2006, 07:15 PM
We took it several years ago and it was alot of fun. The first part of the tour was kind of tough, because you start out in rough water, after that it was smooth going. I would recommend it. We had a great time.

Sheetshouse
03-18-2006, 08:47 PM
We also took the tour several years ago. Our kids were 7 and 8 at the time and they had a great time. I would recommend it.

smwf71
03-18-2006, 09:11 PM
We took it in Dec 2004 - our six year old was between me and DH on one jetski - she was a little scared, but it was fun. DH would have been way happier on his own jetski. I do think you'll like it!

captchris
03-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Thank you everyone for sharing. We are just shopping around and this looks like something that could be interesting.

However, since we are going in the peak of hurricane season, anything can happen!

spsneman
03-30-2006, 12:23 PM
We will be on the Disney Magic Nov 4th and plan on doing the jet ski excursion at Key West. Its runs about 2 hrs so thought we would take the trolley tour and get off near the excursion site and take the 1:30 tour and then spend our remaining time on the trolley touring the area. Didn't really want to book anything and am hoping that we can just get in on a tour since you never know what the weather conditions are going to be like. Anyone have any experience with this? ie. making reservations or just finding an excursion company in the area

snelsonbrown
03-30-2006, 12:30 PM
If you will call Key Cat located RIGHT THERE where Mallory Square is and ask for Shelly (she was an owner last time I heard) and tell her Shirley from The Perfect gift, recommended them, they are suppose to give you conch rates - their phone number is 305-294-4515.
Blessings always
Shirley the ol' conch from Key West

captchris
03-30-2006, 12:38 PM
I am really considering this tour, but gas prices may affect whether or not we go. We are driving and gas prices in Connecticut are at $2.59 for regular. $50 to gas up our minivan!

We are driving down, so if the gas prices go up considerably, I may have to take some money from the "fun stuff" budget and apply to the gas budget!