PDA

View Full Version : 4-day cruise info, please

miclen
03-18-2006, 03:13 PM
My family and I have been on two cruises with Disney. The first was the 7-day Western and then last summer we were fortuate enought to do the 14-day repo in August. We are leaving next Sunday (March 26th) for a 4-day on the Wonder. Anything we should now that is differnt on the 4 day? What are the menus? Do you feel like the 4 day gives you enough time to do everything there is to do?

webray
03-18-2006, 03:25 PM
You will find that time flies. We did the 3 nt wonder after doing the 7nt western. While the wonder is the same as the magic..we found it to be very different.

ADisneygirl
03-18-2006, 06:52 PM
No formal dress up dinner night on the shorter cruises. And time really flies by -- before you know it the cruise director is giving the "talk" on the room tv about debarkation.

minniebeth
03-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Haven't done a 7 day or longer, but I was surprised to see how casual everything was on the 4 day... casual and boy, it goes by quick!! Enjoy every minute!!! :cool1:

Dznyjenn
03-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Our first cruise was the 4 day in September 2005. We DID have a formal night..the same night as the Golden Mickeys, I believe.

I didn't see all that many people dressed FORMAL though..more people opted for semi-formal or dressy cocktail, etc. I was pregnant, and couldn't justify spending a fortune on a formal maternity gown, so I got a dressy moroccan-style top over a black skirt, and my hubby wore a suit. We felt right at home.

I can't compare it to the longer cruises yet (After April 22 I can!!) but I know my DH and I had a great time, and I was teary-eyed when we had to get off the boat! It was over waaaaay too soon!

joepoe
03-18-2006, 07:42 PM
My family and I have been on two cruises with Disney. The first was the 7-day Western and then last summer we were fortuate enought to do the 14-day repo in August. We are leaving next Sunday (March 26th) for a 4-day on the Wonder. Anything we should now that is differnt on the 4 day? What are the menus? Do you feel like the 4 day gives you enough time to do everything there is to do?

We are on the same cruise. First-timers. Let us hope for good weather. We don't have a lot of wiggle room for a lot of rain on a four day.

lbgraves
03-18-2006, 07:47 PM
You can find navigators and menus on the FAQ thread at the top of this forum. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1002071 The menus on the 4 day would be the pirate night & the menus for the specific dining rooms.

mott
03-18-2006, 08:16 PM
I've only done the 4 night. The one thing I've learned from the boards is that the Magic has dinner available at the buffet (Topsiders I think it is?). BUT on the Wonder, the only dinner options are the 3 main dining and Palo (besides the "fast food" by the pool & room service). The BBB is not open for dinner.

miclen
03-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Thank you all for the information!

I didn't know that Beach Blanket wouldn't be open for dinner. My kids were going to do that the night my husband and I go to Palo's...oh well.

I know it wil go by fast, but I also know it will be wonderful!