PDA

View Full Version : If not pillowcases, then what??

clovely
03-18-2006, 01:29 PM
What other things have people dropped off with guest services to get signed? Ariel has a friend who I'd love to bring back something for signed by the princesses but I'm not sure a pillowcase is what I'd like to do...could they sign a tee shirt maybe?? Maybe I'll make one with the princesses on it that says "Happy Birthday E" and have them sign around it. This friend's mom and I are contemplating taking dd and her to Disney for a princess breakfast or lunch for their birthdays since they're close. Maybe I should make one for both of them and surprise dd with it when we go!

She also has a friend who's birthday she will miss because we'll be on the cruise. I'm tempted to get a photo mat signed and write on it "Sorry A & A missed your birthday, they were with us!" or something like that. Maybe I'll get a cute picture of dd and ds to put in it, maybe something with several characters, I don't know. Is there ever an opportunity to get a picture taken with a group of characters???

Any suggestions?

LisaSp
03-18-2006, 01:46 PM
You can definitely do a tshirt--the form that I left for the pillowcases had places to check off what was being left, and one of the options was t shirt.

I didn't see any opportunities of >1 character at the same time except for Capt Hook & Mr Smee together, and Alice & the Mad Hatter together. There are formal opportunities for you to pose with Mickey AND Minnie and also with Donald & Daisy. Shutters has a stock photo of all the characters in front of the ship--I believe those were $5 and were (I think) 5x7 size.

hbg4
03-18-2006, 01:51 PM
I had made a large disney birthday card which was blank inside.
I left this with guest services and the day prior to leaving the card had been signed by all the Disney characters on board ship.
My DD was thrill.

atakaratemom
03-18-2006, 01:54 PM
On our first cruise I took a Disney T-shirt for my DS and a Princess poster for my DD. They both came out great. The characters signed all over the back of the T-shirt and each of the Princesses signed on their character on the poster. We laminated it when we got home and it hangs on the door to my DD's room.

clovely
03-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Both very good, helpful ideas!! For the one friend, I could get a double mat and buy one of those stock photos of all the characters for one side and put one of just my kids on the other side. This is also a little friend who has moved away so a pic of my two kids would be nice to give her - we miss them!

Do you know what size/orientation the stock photos are that you can buy at Shutters? Are they the weird 6x8 - could it be cropped to 5x7???

Do they have photos of just Mickey & Friends or, by chance, is there a stock photo of the princesses together? Just curious.

Thanks!!

mmouse37
03-18-2006, 02:20 PM
I came across a lot of the princesses (and Alice and Wendy) together on our last cruise....not sure what they were all together for, but there was a photographer taking their pic....maybe it was for stock pics....it was in the middle of the day when hardly anyone was around.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/mmouse37/dclprincesses.jpg

x
x

ReAnSt
03-18-2006, 05:34 PM
I gave a pillowcase, photo mat and the inside piece to a make a plate. If I ever send the piece in I will have a plate with character signatures on it. I just keep forgetting to mail it in. That and I am not sure where I put them.

I also think an apron would be a neat idea.

A good idea is to put your name and address in you plastic bag that way in case you forget to pick up your items they can mail them to you. No I did not need them to mail them back to me. :rotfl2:

Becky

disneediva
03-18-2006, 08:45 PM
I did a canvas bag from Michaels's and had that signed by all the characters it is a great tote bag for DD when she goes to a sleep over

Monstro
03-18-2006, 09:17 PM
We forgot pillow cases so here's the first thing we came up with.

http://images6.fotki.com/v91/photos/3/300185/1147059/DisneyCruise2003133-vi.jpg

And then this. All the girls had autographs on Pluto's sailor outfit.
http://images17.fotki.com/v295/photos/3/300185/1147059/DisneyCruise2003110-vi.jpg

pyramid2000
03-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Just a side note....I believe that you can only have as many things signed as kids in your room? If 2 kids than 2 things signed. It may not be that strict, but I know many want to keep this special treat and don't want to bog them down with "extras."

LOVETHATMOUSE
03-19-2006, 02:16 PM
We forgot pillow cases so here's the first thing we came up with.

http://images6.fotki.com/v91/photos/3/300185/1147059/DisneyCruise2003133-vi.jpg

And then this. All the girls had autographs on Pluto's sailor outfit.
http://images17.fotki.com/v295/photos/3/300185/1147059/DisneyCruise2003110-vi.jpg

Those Pluto's are adorable! Did you drop them off at guest services or have the girls carry it around like the autograph book and have characters sign it? How many signatures could fit? Were there any other "sailor" plushes on board (like Mickey/Minnie/Chip/Dale)? Could you have the characters sign Pluto's legs or was the material too plush?

linnied
03-19-2006, 05:44 PM
I would think that you could have at least as many thing signed as "people" in the stateroom. Some of us "adults" are kids at heart and would like a keepsake as well. I am planning on 2 pillowcases - one for each kid - and a large mat for a collage picture for my self.

:offtopic: Completely off topic - are there any computer experts out there that can tell me why every time I click on a link or page change like when I go to submit this post I keep getting devirted to a sponser page? Its not a pop up its a redirect. I have to wait 10 sec or so then I can "click here" and hopefully go to where I originally wanted, but unfortunately with the posts you lose what you posted and have to start all over again HELP :furious:
I have tried everything, empting temp folders, scan disk defrag, registry repair, spy bot, adware ....

disneediva
03-19-2006, 06:23 PM
On our last cruise in October they let me do one signed thing per child in our stateroom.

clovely
03-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Thanks, everyone. Not sure if I'm going to bother with the friends now. At Target this morning I found these white throw pillows that are made like shams where the inside can be taken out. I'm going to put the name design iron on on it. I think with the throw pillow, too, I can just use the Sharpies I have and don't have to make a special trip out looking for fabric markers. Since I wont be washing a throw pillow much, if at all, the Sharpies should work fine.

mnemsmommy
03-19-2006, 07:12 PM
I have read online about bringing pillowcases and having them signed by the characters to take home as a neat surprise. I had this inspiration today and wondered if it might be possible.

I have my own home based business (that I would love to share more info with you about via private message, if interested,) but anyway....one of our products is a starburst pillow that you can use fabric markers to decorate. Do you think if I brought 2 of those with me (one for each of my daughters) that with me that they would sign it? It would be so very cool. I thought I could put the cruise info, date, girl's name. etc... in the middle of the starburst and have them sign all around it on the rays. I know I would love this! I think it would mean more than the pillow case. Let me know what you think! Thanks in advance!

clovely
03-19-2006, 07:16 PM
I have read online about bringing pillowcases and having them signed by the characters to take home as a neat surprise. I had this inspiration today and wondered if it might be possible.

I have my own home based business (that I would love to share more info with you about via private message, if interested,) but anyway....one of our products is a starburst pillow that you can use fabric markers to decorate. Do you think if I brought 2 of those with me (one for each of my daughters) that with me that they would sign it? It would be so very cool. I thought I could put the cruise info, date, girl's name. etc... in the middle of the starburst and have them sign all around it on the rays. I know I would love this! I think it would mean more than the pillow case. Let me know what you think! Thanks in advance!

I don't know how big it is but how hard would it be to write on? I was glad to find the pillows I found because the back is slit and the inner pillow can be taken out which is what I'm going to do. I'll just take the cover, which is like a sham (but it's just a throw pillow).

Since this is something that you make, would you be able to take it to them just the shell but not stuffed? I would think that would be easier to sign.

mnemsmommy
03-19-2006, 11:57 PM
The starburst pillow is relatively flat and designed for use by young and old alike to make a satisfying end product. I don't forsee any problems writing on it considering it is a pretty flat pillow. Unfortunately it is stuffed and sewn, so the sham idea isn't an option. I am still leaning toward trying it because I think it would be sooo neat! I can pm you a picture of it, if you would like, because I have no clue how to attach a picture here.

TumFamily
03-20-2006, 12:20 AM
I took a photo from when my kids went to Disney the 1st time and centered it in the middle of the pillowcase. I skanned the pictured unto a special iron on paper from the computer. Each picture was with their favorite character. Then everyone signed around it. I didnt tell the kids about it and when we got home I went and bought new pillows and surprised them all with it. They dont sleep on them but they love them and they are 9, 12 and 14 now!!!

My son was also staying in another room and come to think of it I also made two other pillowcases for my parents and noone said anything to me about it being a problem.

It is such a great memory!!!!!!!!!

disneylady
03-20-2006, 07:31 AM
We dropped off white photo mats. The characters signed in all different colors. They are priceless!

clovely
03-20-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm making a pillow for dd with Snow White, Belle, Pocohontas, Ariel, Cinderella, Jasmine, Tink, Daisy, and Minnie on it....are all of those on board to sign (3-night Wonder), do you think?

For ds, I've looked back at old threads about what characters are on board...but I'm not sure if all the ones people mention are on the 3-night. I'm just now making his ds' but those nine (above) fit nicely on dd's. So I'm thinking of putting these on his: Mickey, Donald, Pluto, Goofy, Chip & Dale, Peter Pan, Capt. Hook, Hercules. Will we likely see all of those; and will all of those be able to sign ds' pillow?

naniboujou
03-20-2006, 08:55 AM
I think I might have gotten a little over zealous? It will just be the two of us and I have two picture mats, a picture frame, two mini (5" square) totebags plus two extras I am trying to think of recipients for, and a pillow cover I made. Sounds like I might have to narrow it down to two items??? :confused3 :sad: If so, I'll just copy the signatures on to the other items myself!

This probably won't work, but just in case: this is a link to a photo of the pillow cover I made http://everythingjustso.com/images/pillowtop.jpg I love it!! :)

If someone in the know could confirm that there is a limit, you'll save me a little bit of grief in the packing process. Plus I won't have to get sad everytime I see the items I couldn't turn in... :sad:

Downrivermama
03-20-2006, 09:54 AM
We were on the Wonder on 3/2 and dd and I had canvas tote bags signed. It was just the 2 of us and guest services didn't say anything when I dropped them off. I wanted one too! :rotfl:

@GoofyNut
03-20-2006, 11:27 AM
A little hint for having the T-shirt signed ... you can also use the signed shirt as a pillow. You just have to sew up the neck and arm holes and stuff thru the bottom with fiberfill and then sew that shut too. Makes for an unusual throw pillow and yet is still washable.

alikat99
03-20-2006, 11:52 AM
I think I might have gotten a little over zealous? It will just be the two of us and I have two picture mats, a picture frame, two mini (5" square) totebags plus two extras I am trying to think of recipients for, and a pillow cover I made. Sounds like I might have to narrow it down to two items??? :confused3 :sad: If so, I'll just copy the signatures on to the other items myself!

This probably won't work, but just in case: this is a link to a photo of the pillow cover I made http://everythingjustso.com/images/pillowtop.jpg I love it!! :)

If someone in the know could confirm that there is a limit, you'll save me a little bit of grief in the packing process. Plus I won't have to get sad everytime I see the items I couldn't turn in... :sad:
I think that they do have a limit, more like the number of people in the cabin. If there's only the 2 of you, you might be able to get away with 3 (maybe 4) things, but I wouldn't go with more than that.

I've heard that sometimes, depending on the CM that you get, they can be either more or less accomodating. I wouldn't get too carried away with it. Since it's an "unadvertised" treat, they can stop doing it at any moment. I think that it was a couple of years ago that people were encountering CMs that said that it was stopped, maybe because they were getting too many requests, I don't know.

I, for one, am glad to see that they are doing it again! Also, I had 2 shirts done for my girls for our Valentine's cruise. I had my mom embroider Mickey & Minnie in a heart and turned it in to be signed. They signed all in red marker on the front, just Mickey & Minnie, next to their embroidery, and then a bunch of other characters on the front. Very, very cute!!!

tam012864
03-20-2006, 12:57 PM
I have the white Castaway Cay ballcap from our last cruise that I am turning in next trip!! Cant wait to see what it turns out like--I love our pillowcases!!! :thumbsup2