PDA

View Full Version : Trasfering a Reservation??

sftnslky
03-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Ive seen MANY times on this board that some people transfer thier reservations from one "place" to another... for instance from Disney its self to AAA.... :smooth: Can anyone explain to me why one would do this... :confused3 is there a beifit to doing this? :woohoo: And how would someone do this? And lastly....lol Do you transfer before your final payment or after? :yay:

Thanks in advance everyone and have an AWSOME weekend. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

many :grouphug: and :love1:

pppiglet
03-18-2006, 11:47 AM
You would transfer as soon as you get your conf# if you want to. We never have. Some people save a little bit more money doing it this way. I didn't think it was worth the hassle...it's up to you. There would be no reason to do it after final payment I would think. Hope this helps.

two-foxes
03-18-2006, 11:55 AM
We booked on board to get the $200 stateroom credit, then transferred to AAA to earn the $150 credit. There is no hassle involved. You call DCL, tell them that you plan on transferring your ressie to your travel agent and give DCL his/her name. Your TA will call and do the rest. That is well worth the $150 for a 5 minute phone call.

Verandah Man
03-18-2006, 11:58 AM
I did this for our last cruise and saved several hundred dollars doing so. I took the savings and put it towards our stateroom credit. I saved enough to cover almost all our tips. It was worth another phone call for me!!! :thumbsup2

sftnslky
03-18-2006, 12:06 PM
We booked on board to get the $200 stateroom credit, then transferred to AAA to earn the $150 credit. There is no hassle involved. You call DCL, tell them that you plan on transferring your ressie to your travel agent and give DCL his/her name. Your TA will call and do the rest. That is well worth the $150 for a 5 minute phone call.

So can you only transfer if you orginally book with Disney? :confused3 We have booked through priceline which was the cheapest by hundreds of dollars... But if I find a better deal... Your saying I would/could just call Disney and let them know I am gonna transfer to someone else...say AAA or Costco??? Sorry for so many questions...Just with four of us going...ANY little bit of savings helps. :cloud9:

Many :grouphug: and :love1: And have an AWSOME weekend all :wave2:

two-foxes
03-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Wow...that I don't know. I think you should be able to, I know that TA's won't/don't like to transfer or "take" a ressie from another TA, but it doesn't hurt to try....It isn't like priceline is a TA per say. Hopefully some one else has done this here.....

ivanova
03-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Be careful ... Priceline may have a cancellation penalty of their own, so if you move the ressie from them (or any TA) you might faces penalties/fees for doing so mitigating any savings from the new TA.

Because most TAs won't poach a reservation from another TA, you usually have to CANCEL the original ressie and book a fresh new ressie with the new TA. Where this gets sticky is if you'd rebooked onboard, transferred to a TA and now want to transfer to another TA. If you cancel the first booking, you lose the onboard rebooking discount and stateroom credit.

SueEllen
03-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Just to add to what others have posted, first and foremost you cannot transfer a reservation once it is paid in full.

If you book a reservation with DCL directly and then choose to use a TA for whatever reason (additional shipboard credit, service, etc.) it is very simple to transfer the reservation. Just contact the TA you wish to work with and let them know that you wish to transfer an existing reservation over to them. They will let you know what information they need from you to complete the transfer. It is not a hassle to do the transfer at all (in fact, it's just a matter of providing some information)

Many people opt to do this so that they can benefit from any specials that an agency may be offering. All details of your reservation remain in tact (pricing, stateroom, etc.)

You cannot transfer a reservation booked with one travel agency to another (it's a professional courtesy) You can only transer a reservation that you booked directly with Disney to a travel agency if you wish.

Sue Ellen

Lindy Loo
03-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Sue Ellen just to clarify. Im guessing you are the Sue Ellen im talking to at Dreams Unlimited ( if you are, you are FAB!!!)
On Monday I hope to pay a deposit for a 7 night cruise on Magic for Oct 20th 2007. We havent got time off eork yet, and there are no flights from UK set up this far in advance. IF we had to cancel, say 10 months from the cruise date,do we get our $700 deposit back from DU ?

The reason I ask this again is my husband still thinks this is wrong, and that if we pay the deposit and cant go, we loose the $700 which obviously we cant afford. Thanks :thumbsup2

lbgraves
03-18-2006, 07:27 PM
If you do not have a category 1-3 you can cancel up to the final payment due date & get your deposit back in full. Category 1-3 has a nonrefundable deposit now.

Lindy Loo
03-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Ibgraves, are you a TA? you seem to know sooooo much.
Thanks for sharing all the info you have.
By the way, your daughter looks major cute in the photo. How come my darling of 3 1/2 yrs is always so messy and dirty :rotfl2: ???? yours looks like an angel !!! princess:

sftnslky
03-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Just to add to what others have posted, first and foremost you cannot transfer a reservation once it is paid in full. bou cannot transfer a reservation booked with one travel agency to another (it's a professional courtesy) You can only transer a reservation that you booked directly with Disney to a travel agency if you wish.Sue Ellen

Thank you to EVERYONE who posted with the great advise :banana: . Actually we haven't paid in full yet, we have only put our deposit down. The final payment isnt due till the middle of June. DH has a question... we are tying to understand the "professional courtesy" and all, but [lol] since priceline isn't exactly a TA would there really be a "rule"' that we would be breaking?? :confused3 We are thinking of trying to switch to Costco. But we don't want to step on any toes. :thumbsup2 Maybe I will just call and find out. Thanks again all :love:

Have an AWSOME weekend all....Many :grouphug: and :love1:

SueEllen
03-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Sue Ellen just to clarify. Im guessing you are the Sue Ellen im talking to at Dreams Unlimited ( if you are, you are FAB!!!)
On Monday I hope to pay a deposit for a 7 night cruise on Magic for Oct 20th 2007. We havent got time off eork yet, and there are no flights from UK set up this far in advance. IF we had to cancel, say 10 months from the cruise date,do we get our $700 deposit back from DU ?

The reason I ask this again is my husband still thinks this is wrong, and that if we pay the deposit and cant go, we loose the $700 which obviously we cant afford. Thanks :thumbsup2

Yes, I am, and yes, DCL policy is that you get a full refund if you need to cancel (up to the final payment due date)
Deposits are only non-refundable on suites (category 1-3) on the 2007 cruises.

As for the question about Priceline, they are indeed considered a travel agency. You can only transfer your reservation if you book it directly with Disney. If you booked through Priceline you would need to contact them to see if they impose their own change/cancel policy outside of DCL's (some places do this and charge you a fee if you cancel your reservation.)

Sue Ellen

Doingitagain
03-26-2006, 11:21 AM
We have always booked directly with Disney. If we transfer the reservation to a TA, are there advantages/disadvantages other than $ specials? Could I still do my own shore excursions and Palo reservations, call Disney with ???, change meal times, etc?

lbgraves
03-26-2006, 12:29 PM
If you are booked thru a TA you can now access your resie online to make Palo, spa, & excursion resies as well as register the kids for the clubs. Any other issues/questions have to go thru your TA. DCL basically will not talk to you if your resie is with an agent. That isn't because they don't want to help. They are respecting the fact that your TA is in charge of your booking at that point & needs to be aware of any changes to provide the best service to the guest.

Lindy Loo, DD always manages to look sweet in her pictures. Well, there have been a couple taken on DCL that show her "true" colors. ;) DS & DD were fighting while walking to the beach on CC. We saw Minnie with noone in line & they ran up to get a picture with her. You would never know they had just been calling each other names. OY! No, I'm not a TA. Not enough time for me to do anything else. I just have spent alot of time on the boards over the past 4 years along with going on 3 7 day cruises with my family. :)

Flagger
03-26-2006, 01:06 PM
I booked my initial Wonder cruise through DCL and received a $25 shipboard credit. I had it transferred to my AAA agent. AAA is offering additional shipboard credit (it is unknown how much it will be for the 2007 cruises yet). They were the same price as the DCL prices. When the 2007 fall rates were released for Magic, we called our agent and had her change the reservation to the 7 night and gave her additional funds for the deposit.

The biggest reason I go with my brick and mortar agent is to have an advocate in the event something should go wrong. Her agency is a huge booker for Disney vacations as well as cruises and I like the security of having someone who is my advocate.