PDA

View Full Version : Bringing food back to your cabin??

sftnslky
03-18-2006, 11:27 AM
I have a [stupid?] question. :confused3 I know that you can order room service for breakfast, but it is basically only bread or cereal products. Can I send myself or hubby down to one of the buffets, get a plate or two and bring it back to the cabin? :rolleyes1 Or my girls were asking if they go get pizza or a hot dog can they bring it back to the room? Or is the only food you can have in your room provided by room service? :thumbsup2 Thanks in advace everyone...and have an AWSOME weekend. :ccat:

Many :grouphug: and :love1:

alikat99
03-18-2006, 11:30 AM
You can definitely bring food back to your room. We did it all the time!!!

webray
03-18-2006, 11:32 AM
You can bring back food from the quick serve places to your cabin, as it is served on paper plates.

If real dishes are used, like at the buffet, they don't let you leave with the food.

Verandah Man
03-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Since I am the early riser in our family I went to Topsiders every morning and fixed my DW a plate of food and brought it back to the room for her. When we were finished we left the tray in our cabin and our room host took it when he came in to tidy up.

pppiglet
03-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Every morning my DH always went up to Topsiders to get us some coffee and croissants and sometimes eggs to eat while I was still getting ready. We just left the tray in the room also. No problem.

DCL Repeaters
03-18-2006, 11:46 AM
You can bring back food from the quick serve places to your cabin, as it is served on paper plates.

If real dishes are used, like at the buffet, they don't let you leave with the food.

You most certainly can take any food back to your room regardless of where it came from!! We've taken food from Topsiders and the main dining rooms (such as dessert we were too full to eat at dinnertime). As Verandah Man said, just leave your tray/dishes in your room and your room steward will remove them or you can leave the tray/dishes outside your room and they will be picked up.

NYGiantsRule!
03-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Also, if you are too full at dinner, you can ask to take dessert back to your cabin. Your server or asst. server will put one of those covers on it and give you a fork. We did that several times.

clovely
03-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Also, if you are too full at dinner, you can ask to take dessert back to your cabin. Your server or asst. server will put one of those covers on it and give you a fork. We did that several times.

I like the "dessert for breakfast idea"! Someone posted the room service menu and the choices for breakfast listed were: Juices (apple, orange, grapefruit), danish pastries, fruit & bran muffins, croissants, doughnuts, toast, whole wheat toast, english muffin, bagel, jams & honey, butter & margarine, cereals with whole or skim milk - corn flakes, raisin bran, rice krispies, froot loops, KOs, frosted flakes, low-fat granola, milks & chocolate milk, coffee, decaf coffee and teas.

I'm planning to have an array of stuff delivered at the earliest time (which I believe is 7am). We will likely even have chocolate chip cookies left over from our late-night snack the night before! If it's not quite enough to start our day, we'll just take a break in the fun around 10am for ice cream or whatever we want!! That's the beauty of it.

Can you tell I've been dieting to get ready for this cruise? I've put a LOT of thought into this.

lbgraves
03-18-2006, 01:29 PM
LOL! I can't believe it is already time for your cruise, Clovey!

We brought dishes back to the stateroom from Topsiders, the dining room, and even Palo. Marco always ordered cheese pizzas for the kids before we were ready to leave. :) He was our assistant server on the previous cruise when he was just back from an extended break. He is wonderful with the kids!

Johnna_Story
03-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Not only can you bring food back to your room, but because DS was sick one evening, DH went to dinner and our server asked why we weren't there. He made DH call me, read off the menu and order what I wanted, and our dining room server, Pairoj himself, delivered it to me. That went above and beyond, and believe me, I was so grateful that I could enjoy a "real" dinner, and not room service or one of the fast food options.

ferastu
03-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Pairoj also personally delivered my wife's dinner the night her massage conflicted with dinner.

I wish I had thought about taking desert back to the room instead of stuffing it down at the table!