PDA

View Full Version : costco travel insurance?

loriace
03-18-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm transferring our reservation to Costco and I had included insurance with DCL when I made our reservations. Should I include the insurance with Costco, is their insurance ok? Thanks for the help

disneycrazzzy
03-18-2006, 10:26 PM
My only problem with Costco insurance was that if I cancelled the cruise, they kept the money for the insurance. I don't know whether it is good insurance or not.

misseulalie
03-18-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't know about DCL, but Costco said they throw in the insurance for free. We didn't pay anything more. Maybe this was for only RCCL.

Popovich
03-18-2006, 11:51 PM
We bought insurance separately through ***************** for our last two Disney cruises. I was happy with the service and the ease of booking. It was cheaper for us than the price Disney or AAA quoted and gave us more coverage.

The site lets you price different options from multiple companies.

Good luck! :)

cinderella_mom
03-18-2006, 11:56 PM
We booked last week through Costco. The trip insurance for all three of us was around $80 for a 7-day cruise in August.

mmouse37
03-19-2006, 07:32 AM
My only problem with Costco insurance was that if I cancelled the cruise, they kept the money for the insurance. I don't know whether it is good insurance or not.

I have booked with Costco a few times and this last time I took insurance with them and it was inexpensive....but, we changed our date to a month later and lost the insurance....we had to pay for more insurance on the new date....I put up a fight but they stood firm. I did not like that at all...I could see if I cancelled completely, but not to just move to a different date.

JJsmama
03-19-2006, 08:03 AM

If I got insurance through InsureMyTrip would I get the money back if we cancelled in advance?