PDA

View Full Version : First Time Cruising!!!

CONES4
03-18-2006, 10:25 AM
We Are Taking Our First Ever Cruise, And Of Course Our Choice Was Disney. We Were Going On A Land Sea Package, But I Am A Teacher And The Snow Here In Arkansas Caused Me To Cacel The Land Portion. Anyway, I Am Looking For Any Advice And Help. I Will Be On The Wonder May 28-june 1, Also Was Wondering If Room 6060 Is A Good Choice? I Am Doing The Dolphin Encounter So Any Info On Transportation And All In Nassau, That Is The Only Excursion I Have Booked, I Want To Enjoy The Boat, Thanks So Much

alikat99
03-18-2006, 10:30 AM
I think that your stateroom is a great location. Close to just about everything! You'll enjoy the ship and the relaxation.

wannabecruiser
03-18-2006, 09:43 PM
We Are Taking Our First Ever Cruise, And Of Course Our Choice Was Disney. We Were Going On A Land Sea Package, But I Am A Teacher And The Snow Here In Arkansas Caused Me To Cacel The Land Portion. Anyway, I Am Looking For Any Advice And Help. I Will Be On The Wonder May 28-june 1, Also Was Wondering If Room 6060 Is A Good Choice? I Am Doing The Dolphin Encounter So Any Info On Transportation And All In Nassau, That Is The Only Excursion I Have Booked, I Want To Enjoy The Boat, Thanks So Much

Welcom aboard, :wave: we will be on this same cruise and it is our first one also, we are on the deck 6 also but the other side of the ship. I can't wait.. :banana:

MommaluvsDis
03-18-2006, 11:47 PM
First off, welcome to the Disboards! Anything you could possibly want to know will be here!

Just a couple of tips for you:

Purchase a shoe holder for the bathroom door for toiltries. The vanity in the bath is small and it will make finding things MUCH easier. I got mine at Wal-Mart for just over $5. It has see-thru pockets. I ALWAYS travel with it now.

Go to Dollar Tree or the like and buy some things to decorate your door. Your door is metal so get the magnetic clips, hooks etc to hang the things with. This will help you find your door easier. Even though they are numbered of course, this is just a fun way!

If your camera uses film, buy extra film and batteries if you don't have the rechargable. Buy at least 2 waterproof cameras as they are $20 onboard. I only took one and DH used it all up at the stingray excursion and we had to buy one on the ship for CC (Castaway Cay). If you have a digital, either buy extra memory cards or go to Shutters and have your pics downloaded to a disc thereby freeing up space. I think it's about $12.

Be extra generous with the sunscreen. Take water shoes. You'll be glad you did. My cousin and I took the floats from Wal-Mart that fold up into a flat round shape. Easy to travel with and much easier to get on in the water than the floats at CC. Everyone was asking us where we got them. They also allow your body to be in the water as the head and foot part inflate keeping those areas up.

Have fun!