PDA

View Full Version : Stars at night

joepoe
03-18-2006, 07:57 AM
I heard the stars are spectacular on the cruise. The sky will be moonless when we go and I think that is even better for seeing stars. Is there one part of the top decks that are darker than others so you don't get bothered with ambient light while observing the heavens? This will be the first chance I get to teach our DD's about the constellations.

djs113
03-18-2006, 08:19 AM
I suggest going all the way to the front of the ship, in front of the basketball courts

this will be the best area for you to observe

joepoe
03-18-2006, 08:38 PM
I suggest going all the way to the front of the ship, in front of the basketball courts

this will be the best area for you to observe

thanks, I want to check the path of the space station and see if we can watch it track the sky, and maybe see some shooting stars.

WDWLVR
03-18-2006, 08:50 PM
We were very luck on our May '03 cruise to have a lunar eclipse one night. What a beautiful beautiful sky we saw that night! Just amazing!

MommaluvsDis
03-18-2006, 11:27 PM
DH and I ALWAYS sit on deck 10 late at night and look at the stars. It's one of the highlights of our cruise and really bonds us closer together just to spend the quiet time together. It adds lagniappe(a little something special) to our cruise!