PDA

View Full Version : Ear plugs a good idea?

joepoe
03-18-2006, 06:55 AM
We are on deck 8 (leaving March 26!) and read where the noise from deck 9 can be bothersome. I use foam earplugs when I travel on business and it really keeps out the hallway, elevator, ice machine noises. Anyone else use them on the cruise?

ricka47
03-18-2006, 07:03 AM
They can help. Ships can creak and have other banging noise that may bother someone. I think that you can get them at Guest Relations.

lbgraves
03-18-2006, 07:22 AM
I would rather have them with me than wish that I had brought them along. ;)

cristit14
03-18-2006, 07:27 AM
I have used them on board. Mostly though because sometimes DH sounds like a freight train at night. ;)

Rate Queen
03-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Where can you buy them?

2boyshere
03-18-2006, 11:57 AM
My DH and 2 DS's wear earplugs to the shows beacuse they are so loud. You can buy them at Walmart, rite aid, Eckerds, CVS etc..

JeannieH
03-18-2006, 12:08 PM
I always use earplugs on vacation. Either wax or foam. I dont sleep well away from home, so find these a real MUST in my luggage. The creaking woodwork aboard ships can be annoying..........or theraputic!

Echo queen
03-18-2006, 12:12 PM
I do not travel with out my ear plugs :teeth: sometimes just my DH breathing keeps me awake. :lmao: really, I'm serious. :sunny:

klineyqueen
03-18-2006, 12:37 PM
I am a very light sleeper all of the time. I live in the country and any little noise wakes me up...but for some reason I sleep great on the ship! If you are used to wearing them then bring them! They take up minimal space.
You can get them at Walmart or any drug store or hardware store.

SweetSpot
03-18-2006, 02:08 PM
I would bring them just in case. They are small and take up little room and can't be found on the ship. Things creak and some people find it hard to sleep with the noise.

Our son is autistic and was using ear plugs for shows, kids clubs, etc. He lost his pair and the CM's called all over the ship, including the engine room. They weren't available anywhere. We were very lucky and another CM went so far as to look in trash cans for them and found that another child had thrown them out in the club. Problem solved and lesson learned. I now bring several pairs even though he rarely uses them anymore.