PDA

View Full Version : Passport on the spot in Houston TX?????

Echo queen
03-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Has anyone ever gone to the passport office in Houston TX and gotten there passport on the spot? My TA mentioned this to me today. I did not think we would be cruising any time soon after our May 06 cruise, but I booked for spring break in 2007 this week. Thinking I might do the Houston pick up if not to difficult. Thanks :grouphug:

MommaluvsDis
03-17-2006, 11:37 PM
I just wanted to say that as the end of the year grows closer, even that avenue will be snowed under. You may want to go ahead and get the passports.

Anyone out there actually done the Houston route?

Echo queen
03-18-2006, 01:14 PM
bump :sunny: :sunny:

professorandmom
03-18-2006, 02:41 PM
There was a thread when the Dec 05 deadline was still in place about going to the Chicago office. I thought that sounded good until someone explained that you can only go if you are traveling within two weeks...I don't know if that applies to all passport offices.
Barb

Texas Pooh
03-18-2006, 08:53 PM
The Houston office will only do passports for those traveling within two weeks, and you have to pay the hefty expediting fee. You must have an appointment, and you can't get an appointment until your travel date is two weeks out.

You must bring proof of travel within those two weeks, by the way, and they check.

We did this in December, so I know this is good info ...

Echo queen
03-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks for info Texan. :thumbsup2

BuzzNutt
03-19-2006, 07:42 AM
I am not in Texas but New York. We have an office just like this. It is very convenient but also very expensive. It cost my mother almost $200. per passport.
Have two wonderful trips!