PDA

View Full Version : If you knew DCL Executives were reading this, what would you say?

kstelzner
03-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Not sure if Disney has a dedicated marketing person dedicated to reading the wonderful suggestions, comments and experiences from us dedicated, sometime addictive DISers, but if they do (or these work their way up through the chain of command) then this would be a great summary for people to put in one thread!! It never hurts to change things for the better, and sometimes it takes an outside eye to see a need for a change! (Heck, I think I'd be great in marketing :teeth: )

My question is this... if Alamo is the "official" car company of Disney, then why the heck is there no Alamo location near the cruise line port?! :confused3

Talking Hands
03-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Not sure if Disney has a dedicated marketing person dedicated to reading the wonderful suggestions, comments and experiences from us dedicated, sometime addictive DISers, but if they do (or these work their way up through the chain of command) then this would be a great summary for people to put in one thread!! It never hurts to change things for the better, and sometimes it takes an outside eye to see a need for a change! (Heck, I think I'd be great in marketing :teeth: )

My question is this... if Alamo is the "official" car company of Disney, then why the heck is there no Alamo location near the cruise line port?! :confused3

My question is...why aren't more of the TV selections closed captioned. It was really limited. PLease caption more things. Also closed or reflective captioning for the movie theater as not all hard of hearing can use the ALD's

Us2
03-17-2006, 05:33 PM
I was told by a DCL cast member that these boards are read by the uppity ups!! So they might just hear you after all.

:)

mmouse37
03-17-2006, 05:40 PM
I think the remote control for the TV's in the stateroom should have a SLEEP TIMER on them!!! I love to watch TV before falling asleep but I often forget to shut it off before I drift off and then wake startled in the middle night from "voices"....LOL!!!

videogal1
03-17-2006, 05:42 PM
My question is...why aren't more of the TV selections closed captioned. It was really limited. PLease caption more things. Also closed or reflective captioning for the movie theater as not all hard of hearing can use the ALD's

...and how about putting automatic pushbutton doors on ALL the accessible staterooms so someone in a wheelchair can at least get OUT of their stateroom if someone in the corridor has helpfully opened it for them to let them IN...

pirate: arrgh!

videogal1
03-17-2006, 05:45 PM
I would love to see a greater effort to prepare guests in accessible staterooms for the fact that 99% of the excursions offered will be INaccessible.... :confused3

MinnyGranny62
03-17-2006, 05:48 PM
:teeth: I would like to see a senior rate so I can cruise again before I
become too senior.

Soccermom-Cheri
03-17-2006, 05:55 PM
I would love to see some cast members taking towels off of unattended pool chairs. Not so sure how you cold accomplish this, but after 4 cruises, I have gotten to sit on a pool chair exactly ONE time and have watched chairs hold perfectly clean, folded towels for hours.

996turbos
03-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Better wi-fi that extends to the staterooms as well. Also give my wife a raise. 18 years of faithful service plus she deserves it. She works very hard!- :thumbsup2

DVCconvert
03-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Make it so that your Cat 1-3 guests have pre-trip trip planing by phone avaiable.

WDWLVR
03-17-2006, 06:06 PM
My suggestion is that for those cruises doing a double dip at CC pull in one day and back in the other day. That way everyone gets a beautiful view of the island!

taeja71
03-17-2006, 06:11 PM
I guess asking to make DCL more affordable is out of the question. :furious:

This will be our last cruise with DCL. :wave2:

**Don't flame me, I'm just stating what is fact for OUR family. DCL has gotten out of our league and we plan great vacations.

JJsmama
03-17-2006, 06:20 PM
I'd say: It is getting way too expensive. This may be our last one. I love DCL but the prices of RCCL are pretty tempting.

misseulalie
03-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Let kids who are not potty trained into the kid's club. There are lots of kids at 3-3 1/2 who are not fully trained. It's a shame that they either have to go to Flounders or not go at all.

Carnival lets kids in diapers/pull-ups go to the clubs. So should DCL.

CACruisin'
03-17-2006, 06:32 PM
This is not so much a suggestion, but rather a Kudos for the fantastic "Mystery at Sea" campaign! We have had a lot of fun with this -- Well done DCL!!!! :banana:

poohssmum
03-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Honestly, I would have to say "Thank you for the memories". I do not believe that we will be cruising DCL again any time soon. After 3 cruises in 3 years we've seen the rates skyrocket and the services decline. My DH's exact comments were, "Why should we pay double the money to have exactly the same or less available to us?" :confused3 Sadly, he's right, so I guess I can't really argue with that.

BethA
03-17-2006, 07:05 PM
I'd like to see the Wonder do some 7 day cruises when the Magic is away.

I'd also request that the entertainers who have been on for several years MUST change their show.

I second the chair hog solution. Chairs with only DCL towels and unattended for over an hour should be cleared for guests that are there and need chairs. On RCL we did not find this a problem because you were only given 1 towel per person and I think people were worried about being charged for them.

budwmn
03-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Suites - Please put at least one hand-held shower head in the suites. The regular staterooms have them, why not the suites? If it's too expensive to put the same kind in the suites, how about getting the $10 version (you can buy them at Target/Lowes/Home Depot). That kind requires no extra installation -- it's as easy as changing the shower head. Families with small children really need those hand-held types.

Bedding - Other cruise lines are upgrading (RCI, HAL, Princess), and DCL should, too. If DCL is going to charge the higher prices, then they need to deliver the goods: duvets, upgraded sheets and towels, and better mattresses.

need_a_Disney_fix
03-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Food: please make the evening dining room food hot.

WiFi: PLEASE make it worth it...improve it!

Prices: please don't make it out of reach so young families can experience the Magic.

minniebeth
03-17-2006, 09:23 PM
I ditto BethA...have the Wonder do some 7 day cruises while the Magic is away. May through September is a long time to be gone obviously during the summer break. The repo cruises are awesome, but unattainable for the vast majority of travellers considering the worldwide market.
We are so itching to do the 7 day and wouldn't be able to do it until next summer, so :sad2: ...
but it's only because we loved cruising DCL so much!!! :thumbsup2

KaitlinsMom
03-17-2006, 09:28 PM
BUILD ANOTHER SHIP!!! The prices are getting too high! We have a cruise booked for this year, but there is a 99% chance that we are going to change it to another cruise line for a cheaper price - and the money we save will be our spending money -

kdsluvdisney
03-17-2006, 09:32 PM
What a fantastic idea! If nothing else, maybe I will feel a little better that I can at least voice my thoughts!

We booked late so of course we had to pay more and had poor choice of rooms. :guilty: I had no idea the Princess cruise was so much less until I started reading this board and heard so much about it -- of course I then went and checked it out! Oh My!!!!! I love Disney and the 'magic' of Disney but it sure does tempt you!

1) I would like to see the water be hotter! My DH said it was because I was so short. The water turned cold before it hit me -- and we did have the hand held shower so that is the only way I could get water warm.

2) Explain in advance the difference between adjoining and connecting rooms. I didn't know there WAS a difference. It sure was akward for us to send our 4 year old next door to gparents in jammies at nite. I really thought the door swinging on the map of the ship meant that they were adjoining, nope, just connecting. (which at that time I thought connecting meant that there was a door inside the room.) Or maybe that is wrong, I still have trouble saying which one is connecting and which one is adjoining. One is next to the other, one has a door inside.

3) The 'ship' clock thing is fine, but a clock with an alarm or lighted display would have been nice. Hard to see that ship clock in the dark! How are we suppose to be off the ship on the last day -- yes I know, by the wake up call, but I like to be up b4 the family to get ready and the phone wakes everyone up! The clock is right by me and wakes just ME up.

4) Why do they have 'activities' while we are at dinner? We wanted to go to the farewell thing but missed the first part because we were at dinner. (we had late seating) I wanted to change dinner the night of pirate night but there were not any openings. So, we ate dinner and went upstairs and there was the buffet and huge dessert buffet. Of course, we were too full after just having dinner! :sad2:

5) Why do we tip the head server? All he did was walk around our table and have this silly laugh. Unlike our server and asst. server who worked there tail ends off. However, after reading these boards, I felt I needed to tip him a little.

6) I read so many posts about people just walking on to the ship. I saw all of these pictures of people with Mickey and Minnie before they even got on the ship. The bus picked us up at the hotel and we went directly to the ship. I asked about getting an earlier bus (ours came at noon) and was told there wasn't any and that no one would be able to get on the ship anyway, why do we want to get on early? Well, we got there and had to wait in line for 2 hours! Mickey and Minnie were not out there (guess they too got tired of waiting?) We could have started out maybe a little less hectic had we been able to get there a little earlier --maybe? Instead of sitting on a bench at our resort for 1.5 hours we could have taken a bus to a different hotel and headed on out? Instead we had to stand in line, then they ran us right to the buffet because it was closing. We were rushed thru our late lunch. It was ........ interesting to say the least.

Ok, Thanks for letting me vent! No flames please!

yankeegal64
03-17-2006, 10:21 PM
I would have to say the price. My DB has gone every year for 6 years and he has said the next cruise will probably be the last. The price has increased but the services offered have not. It is a shame that so many family can't afford to take their children. Everyone that has been understands how addicting the cruise is. You want to be able to return with your child and for them to be able to take their children one day. I can understand saving for a year for a vacation, but it shouldn't take two years. I really wish they would step back and think about what Walt Disney would have wanted.

pppiglet
03-17-2006, 11:04 PM
The price is too high and they need Carnival's bedding! Oh it was heaven sleeping on the bedding and pillows on Carnival.

MommaluvsDis
03-17-2006, 11:17 PM
kdsluvdisney,

Adjoining means that the rooms are side by side. Connecting means that they connect by means of 2 doors between them therefore not requiring entry into the hallway. This same thing happend to me b4. I asked for adjoining but meant connecting. Be sure to pack 2 rubber door stops! I only packed one the next time.

So, now I remember it this way:

C, I can walk through the walls! Yeah, I know, corney but it works for me! :rotfl2:

Jmnskn
03-18-2006, 07:19 AM
My suggestion would be to give a discount to teachers for cruising. We can't go any other time besides the high price times. We don't get weeks off when the cheaper cruises are. Disney prides themselves on supporting the Teacher of the Year. Why not support them with a discount during the summer. It wouldn't have to be all summer, just a week or two that we could plan for. On our saleries, Disney makes it almost impossible.

ricka47
03-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Price is a problem. Not the amount as much but give us the value that should go with the price. Food is perhaps the major area that needs improvement. Give it some taste....it looks good, but is very bland. Cost cutting can be seen everywhere in the food area.

Also, other lines have a show band that plays around the ship and for the evening shows. This is not a rock band or an island band, but a nine or ten-piece band. It really adds to the shows and is much better than recorded music.

DCL does a very nice job but not when the price is compared to its competitors. In general, you get more value for your money with most of the other main stream lines. If DCL can improve food, that will be a great start.

When people complain that WDW is so expensive, I've always agreed but said that at WDW you get what you pay for. I don't believe that is true with DCL except for the paying more part.

Papa_Tigger858
03-18-2006, 07:36 AM
I would like to see maybe a new ship or maybe the Magic or Wonder call the west coast home! I missed the cruises out here last year but I heard they were a blast to go on. I think that it would be a great chance to sail to new ports and some old ones. I fell in love with the cruise line after one cruise and I would love to go as often as I could but the only problem is the traveling from coast to coast. I would love to take a 3 or 4 day cruise as a quick getaway. Not to Mention cruising to Hawaii would be awesome...just a suggestion :goodvibes

ricka47
03-18-2006, 08:15 AM
5) Why do we tip the head server? All he did was walk around our table and have this silly laugh. Unlike our server and asst. server who worked there tail end off!

From past cruises, it was the head waiter who works behind the scenes to make sure that your waitstaff is doing their job. He or she is also there to make sure that all is well and to take care of special requests.

Our Head Waiter on our recent Magic cruise was very attentive and helpful.

UMTerp
03-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Change the evening performers!!! We are going on our 4th DCL cruise in a few weeks. We almost know all of the words to their routines. We loved them the first time and the second but the third time was too much! You have too many repeat cruisers to be having the same shows for every cruise. I'm not talking about Dreams, Twice Charmed, etc. I know those are standard. I'm talking about Rich Purpura, Michael Harrison, etc. Love them but too much repetition!

Would also like to see something done about the lounge chair saving problem.

Thanks!

UMTerp

Skallywag
03-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Please make the disembarkation procedure more friendly for UK residents. Also do not know why we have our passports removed as if we are criminals.
Having to get in line as such an unearthly hour on the last day thoroughly spoilt my holiday and was such an abrupt finish.

At least with the Med cruises the boot should perhaps be on the other foot and we will be able to disembark at leisure. :lmao:

disneymum
03-18-2006, 08:42 AM
My three biggest disappoinments

1. The food, for what you pay for the cruise it's definitely not up to snuff to the other cruise lines.

2. The excursions, why don't they also cater to people with smaller children, as well as those in wheelchairs, and why are they so expensive compared to doing it on your own?

3. The Price, by the time you pay for your cruise, air, and tips you could have put a down payment on a house. It's Insane!!

Andrew DEREK UK
03-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Please make the disembarkation procedure more friendly for UK residents. Also do not know why we have our passports removed as if we are criminals.
Having to get in line as such an unearthly hour on the last day thoroughly spoilt my holiday and was such an abrupt finish.

:lmao:
Fully agree with the above, Princess cruises give your passports back the last night on the way back and you do immigration then.

Give Chips/Fries at Plutos out without salt and let people who want salt add their own, often it is covered with it, and you cannot eat, very unhealthy.

Allocate actual seat numbers in the theatre for the main show and rotate these.

New shows each year, must change annually.

Book MICKEY to do a visit to your children in the stateroom, or anyone of a choice, say for a suprise wake up at breakfast?

kimszath
03-18-2006, 08:59 AM
When I bought into DVC a couple of years ago (while on the Magic), one of the big selling points for me was how you could cruise with your points--when I bought, the DVC salespeople were pushing that really hard! Then immediately after (I bought in Nov 2003), the points charged for cruising skyrocketed! Now I can only afford to go once every year and a half to two years! (Yes, I know I can rent my points and pay cash--if that's what my cruise should really cost, though, then why can't Disney do this FOR me??? It's not like we're not already paying Disney EVERY MONTH FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES!!!) The prices are SO out of line with what DVC was advertising that it's ridiculous. Yes, I know DCL isn't a right--it's a privilege, and it's also not in the same "family" as DVC--it's part of the Disney Collection. And I know DVC wants me to fill my space at SSR. And yes, I should probably take this up with DVC (who me and a thousand other people have already complained to). But I'd have to guess the points rates are set partly or mostly by DCL.
Please make it possible for me to cruise on my points, without having to rent them, so I can go for half the price!!! (My 300 points won't even take me on a 7-nighter in a Cat 11 in January--the "value season"--for my family of 3!!! But I can "rent" those 300 points at $10 to $12 a point, pay $2500 for the fare, and spend the rest on souvies!!!) :lmao: Gimme a break, DCL!!! Can't you guys work this out for us??? :cool1:

RCBA
03-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Carnival has a better childcare program for those of us w/ 24-36 month olds. A child that age is too big to be combined with babies in a nursery. Don't want to change their diapers/help them potty? Fine - require that at least one parent/guardian remain on the ship & avail to be paged to take care of this task.

Build a 3rd ship soon!

Skallywag
03-18-2006, 09:06 AM
I quite agree am sure, although I no longer have the charts, that we could cruise at any time of year with our points when we purchased but would need to save them up for a couple of years now.

Yes please Disney look at this for us and also the problems with passports and disembarkation.

milestogo
03-18-2006, 09:15 AM
I'd like to agree on the need for closed captioning. When our 3 year old goes to sleep hours before us, we want to enjoy a movie, but keep the volume very low. It really helps to have closed caption!!!

We love the cruise and would do it more often if it were on the west coast and were just a little less expensive. Thanks

kdsluvdisney
03-18-2006, 10:35 AM
C, I can walk through the walls! Yeah, I know, corney but it works for me!
Thanks MommaluvsDis! THAT I can remember! Glad I'm not the only one - that was a tough one for us! (we didn't have the door stops either -- we used towels! HEHE!)

Thanks Ricka47 too! :teeth:

I'm with the others on the towels on the chairs too. We never could get a chair because there were always towels on them. Price is a big one too!

:wave:

Dana_Buckley
03-18-2006, 11:07 AM
I also agree about the rates, I just looked,

June 2006 - 7 day Eastern, family of 4 cat 9 - $9,198
April 2007 - 7 day Eastern, family of 4 cat 9 - $4,877

How can the rates be soooo different???

We are West Coast and would love an Alaskan Disney cruise, if we can afford it, $5000 maybe, $9000 NO WAY! It sure would be easier without $1200 in airfare added on!

Have a great weekend!

Flagger
03-18-2006, 11:12 AM
If I see a towel on a chair for more than 15 minutes, I just remove it and lay down at least on other lines I have done this.

As far as what I would like to see: A CASINO on board. Allow a place for the adults to donate to the mouse and lower the price of the cruises.

I know I will get flamed for this one, but knock out the wall in some of the split bathrooms. From what I have read the wall is too close to the toilet so for tall folks like me I will be sitting on the commode side saddle which really doesn't sound all that comfortable after a week.

Oh and stop using the whole Euro vs Dollar as an excuse not to build ships. Payment is not due until you take delivery of the ship. No one has any idea where the Euro will be in the time between the keel is laid and you take delivery.

Dana: All cruiselines offer early booking discounts. I bet if you looked at rates on just about any cruise line for the same cruise a year apart, you would see something similar.

disneyjunkie
03-18-2006, 11:27 AM
My suggestion would be to give a discount to teachers for cruising. We can't go any other time besides the high price times. We don't get weeks off when the cheaper cruises are. Disney prides themselves on supporting the Teacher of the Year. Why not support them with a discount during the summer. It wouldn't have to be all summer, just a week or two that we could plan for. On our saleries, Disney makes it almost impossible.

ITA :cheer2:

My son in in high school so the only time we vacation is during school breaks.

Easter, Christmas, President's Week, and summer.

As much as I love Disney, the price is keeping us away from DCL. :sad2: :guilty:

Lindy Loo
03-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Just found out if you are from the UK you are expected to get up at 5am to all go and get passports. I think NOT!!!! This is seriously affecting my thoughts on the cruise and I'm not going till 15th Oct. I will NOT be up at that time, either do this in the evening before, or at breakfast, NOT at this time. Im on holiday and its not acceptable to expect my daughter 4 yrs to be up at this time. :furious:

Whats the worse thing that can happen if we miss our alar call ???? Not a lot. We are in no rush to get off the boat. They know what room we are in, so come to us, if its that important. Disney, why treat UK residents different from the American ones. Our money is as good !!!! I have cruised before with other linners and this was down on the evening before, in less than 10 minutes, no hassle !!!!
:furious:

SO SPRINKLE SOME PIXIE DUST ON YOUR UK CLIENTS AND SORT THIS OUT BEFORE OCTOBER!!!

BethA
03-18-2006, 11:50 AM
We do not take our children out of school either for a vacation, so we can only go in the summer too when the prices are sooo high. I think if you start offering discounts to one profession you would stir up all kinds of problems. Just my opinion.

I know a lot of people hate the casino idea, but if it would lower the price I am all for it. You don't have to go in if you don't want, just like you don't have to play bingo.

clovely
03-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Let kids who are not potty trained into the kid's club. There are lots of kids at 3-3 1/2 who are not fully trained. It's a shame that they either have to go to Flounders or not go at all.

Carnival lets kids in diapers/pull-ups go to the clubs. So should DCL.

I don't know how Carnival handles it but I think the rule DCL has is pretty standard. At least we found the same to be the case at several resorts. I think the problem is not so much with kids dirtying the pullup or diaper - they could just call mom or dad for that. But the problem with those "on the fence" would be all the kids who want to go potty but require help, with or without a pullup, CMs can't be in there "helping" - that could be a whole legal can of worms! And they couldn't be put in a position to have to tell a child who wanted to go potty, "no you have to go in the pullup because I can't help you" and most of the time it would be too late by the time they realized this child was going to ask for help - and he can't stand there waiting for mommy to come button or "wipe"!

clovely
03-18-2006, 12:18 PM
We do not take our children out of school either for a vacation, so we can only go in the summer too when the prices are sooo high. I think if you start offering discounts to one profession you would stir up all kinds of problems. Just my opinion.

I know a lot of people hate the casino idea, but if it would lower the price I am all for it. You don't have to go in if you don't want, just like you don't have to play bingo.

I agree on #1

I just don't on #2. If Disney wanted to be exactly like all the other cruiselines, what would be the point? And I really think there are probably 10 people who like no casino people for every one that would want a casino.

The casino issue, along with the pricing, is simple economics. Although I'm sure any execs reading this are finding the feedback very interesting, and some very useful, no amount of pleading from us here is going to affect the issues of pricing. Complaining about it is pretty moot considering we're all (the vast majority) already booked. If they were really charging too much, we wouldn't be going and all the rooms wouldn't be full all the time. They're going to charge what they can charge, not what we wish they'd charge. They probably do need to take heed of the numbers of people saying they've gone several times but this will be their last because of price, though. But, reality is that until the numbers actually start to dip or drop off, they have no reason in the world to think their prices are too high.

allears
03-18-2006, 01:00 PM
We'd like the execs to know we're among DCL's biggest fans! :cheer2: And we'd like to thank them for creating a vacation experience that we have found to be the BEST! Our times on board have been incredible and our memories priceless.

So we say, keep up the good work and if all goes well, we'll be back on "our" ship in September! :cool1:

makelab
03-18-2006, 01:11 PM
at least a few free alcoholic drinks for the adults who enjoy them.

kellimomo3
03-18-2006, 01:43 PM
First let me say we love DCL and we're eagerly anticipating our third cruise in January. That being said, there are a couple of things we encountered when we cruised last month that we hated!! These were things that were not in place the year before when we cruised and are said to be "temporary/trial" changes. Please put a stop to them!!!!!

#1 Staggered dining
It stinks and it has no purpose!! We had 5:30 and found it nearly impossible to have everyone ready and get there by then. Luckily my boys don't care too much about the characters but I really feel for those with children who want to see them. How could they ever make it by 5:30?? We had early seating in '05 and 6:00 was very do-able. It all ran smoothly and we saw no issues then so, why the change??? If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

#2 1st night in Kid's clubs "Open House" format
What a let down!! My kids were so looking forward to the Welcome Aboard party in the clubs. It was their favorite last year. We were all dissapoointed that parents now HAVE TO stay with their children the first night. Repeat cruisers were very bummed by this. The clubs were completely chaotic with all the confusion and it was hard for the boys to meet children in their respective age groups because the clubs were overflowing with siblings and parents and it was impossible to tell what goup they would fall into! I really hope this changes by our cruise next year. My husband and I would love to check the kids in after dinner, get a couple's massage and have a drink on deck 9 instead of being stuck in an overflowing, chaotic, interior kid's club. DCL is loosing revenue by doing this as well. I have to assume that ressies in the spa and Palo on that first night have taken a beating since the kids can't be left. Please don't flame me as I know this is really only an issue for repeat cruiser kids. The newbies won't know the difference beacause their kids have nothing prior to compare it to.

I really hope the execs read these boards!!!

Kelli
:groom: princess: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Lindy Loo
03-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Do you really think they do read any of this???

i know Virgin have someone read the DIB board ( like a UK version of the Dis) as when I raised a serious concern, they Pmed me and then I wrote to Richard Branson himself. I got a letter back from him ( well I expect his office) more importantly the issued was sorted. I took the paperwork with me incase of problems, but it was all OK.

Just to add my views on a casino. We would like a small one on the ship. After all its the same as bingo. Gambling is gambling. If as adults we choose to do so, then thats fine. For others there is plenty of other things to do. I doubt we will be playing Bingo,on our cruise, however we would have enjoyed a small flutter in a casino, (during our adult time) each to their own I guess. :wave2:

staceymerrill
03-18-2006, 02:42 PM
I would ask them why, with the tremendous success DCL has had, they do not add at least 1 new ship?.....the demand has far exceeded the supply for DCL cruises, and quite frankly I dont think it is worth the $ anymore...if we didnt have an infant , unquestionably we'd be cruising on RCCL Voyager class.....we do not like 1 on 1 babysitting that RCCL has....

The Roses
03-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Here's my $.02:

The "saving" of chairs by the pool that then go unused. I'd love to see the CMs remove the towels that have been sitting there for hours.

The "saving" of seats in the theatre. Assigning seats on arrival would solve a host of problems. (Please don't flame me)

clovely
03-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Here's my $.02:

The "saving" of chairs by the pool that then go unused. I'd love to see the CMs remove the towels that have been sitting there for hours.

The "saving" of seats in the theatre. Assigning seats on arrival would solve a host of problems. (Please don't flame me)

Deck chairs or theater seats, IMO, if you're bootie is physically in a chair, you should be able to say "oh, I'm saving this one"...but not the next six seats down from you!! That's rude.

figment52
03-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Please don't add a casino - that can be found on any other ship - NOT having one is what sets DCL apart from the rest.

J&B_Disney
03-18-2006, 05:41 PM
More Ships! More Itineraries!

Juletime
03-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Thank you for the forum. We love DCL, we have sailed 3 times and have 3 more booked for this year! The one thing that could be done to improve the value for money is upgrade the beds! They are really in pretty poor shape and especially for the price.

We are very pleased with the Kids Club and the shows. I can see the problem with saved deck chairs and theater seats and would agree with the proposed solutions.

The Staff and Service are great, thank you for wonderful family vacations.

Lizardbeth61
03-18-2006, 07:28 PM
I know this has been mentioned, but from what I can gather, Disney has a VERY HIGH rate of return cruisers. We, alone, have done 3 seven night cruises and my DH and I have run out of things to do in the evenings. Michael Harrison and the comic with the guitar are very funny, but the show is the same after three years with a few very minor changes. Also the programming in the kids clubs is pretty much the same. Our kids still like it but are tiring of doing the same things.

Disney is wonderful . . . don't get me wrong . . . we love the line, but if DCL wants to continue with repeat guests, some things do have to change. We are very excited about the new itinerary, but if it wasn't for that, we probably wouldn't sail with Disney again for quite a while. And I hate to say that, but it is expensive and it has to be worth it.

So, if the new itinerary is Europe . . . we'll be on it, but if not, it's going to be a while for us so that there are new things to see and do!

Lizardbeth61
03-18-2006, 07:31 PM
. . . was great. So for us, that's not a problem. In fact, we had more problems at the parks . . . we felt like we were "slumming it" in the parks after the royal treatment on the ship for a week.

It's just that they need to think more about their repeat business.

Billinaz
03-18-2006, 07:57 PM
I had a guy run to the seats ahead of us in the theater then proceed to tell me that the 8 seats between he and his kid were now "saved". I told him that I and the other 4 in my family who were sitting down now were staying. I told him he was free to call a cast member so they could explain the rules to him, and if he bothered to read the avigator he could see that it was not OK to save seats. He gave me a BS line about not reading any navigators.

He started telling his kid how rude we were and that his family could not sit together because I was not ruining it and that this was supposed to be a family cruise.... As he opened his mouth again I told him how nice it was to show his kid the way not to follow any rules and it was him being the jerk.

About then his family showed up (like 10 minutes after we sat down) and his mother told him that she was trying to get in touch with him to tell him that saving seats was not allowed.,...

At the pool when I saw nobody sitting in a seat near the front, I moved the stuff off it and set it down next to the seat. Nobody said a word, although some people did retrieve their stuff 30 to 40 minutes later....

Here's my $.02:

lbgraves
03-18-2006, 08:00 PM
I also agree about the rates, I just looked,

June 2006 - 7 day Eastern, family of 4 cat 9 - $9,198
April 2007 - 7 day Eastern, family of 4 cat 9 - $4,877

How can the rates be soooo different???

That one's easy. You are comparing the cost of a cruise that is less than 3 months away with one over a year away. The cost of a Disney cruise increases as you get closer to the sail date & it fills up. Also, you are comparing a peak summer month when most schools are out with a month when most are in session.

ceejay13
03-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I have only taken one DCL cruise and that was the 14 night repo back to Florida. We had a great time and was the best of my 5 cruises, the others taken on different cruise lines. My biggest frustration was the cost of internet usage. The couple we went with had a very sick godchild back home and they used our laptop to email back home. I could not believe what our internet bill was at the end of the 14 days. Also, the connection was incredibly slow and I wondered how much we would have saved if it would have at least been faster. The only other thing would have been better bedding. Most hotel chains these days have done a great job of providing outstanding beds and bedding and DCL definitely needs an upgrade.

We had a great experience with both food and service and have no complaints at all. We're hoping to be on the next repo to Europe!

yazee1
03-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Ditto on having the CM's enforce the pool "no save" rule. I would just about pay to know why this isn't enforced.

It would like to see the internet station consistantly staffed and a sign up sheet for the computers. It's stressful and boring hovering like a bird of prey waiting to get on line sometimes.

pyramid2000
03-18-2006, 09:44 PM
The casino issue, along with the pricing, is simple economics. Although I'm sure any execs reading this are finding the feedback very interesting, and some very useful, no amount of pleading from us here is going to affect the issues of pricing. Complaining about it is pretty moot considering we're all (the vast majority) already booked. If they were really charging too much, we wouldn't be going and all the rooms wouldn't be full all the time. They're going to charge what they can charge, not what we wish they'd charge. They probably do need to take heed of the numbers of people saying they've gone several times but this will be their last because of price, though. But, reality is that until the numbers actually start to dip or drop off, they have no reason in the world to think their prices are too high.

From Florida Today:

From October 2005 through January 2006, the Magic carried an average of 2,342 passengers per cruise out of Port Canaveral, down 4.3 percent from an average of 2,446 per cruise during the same period a year earlier, according to the Canaveral Port Authority.

MommaluvsDis
03-18-2006, 10:32 PM
I'd like for the TVs to have the audio/visual jacks in the front so that we can view our digtal pics on the TV each night, delete the ones we don't want, and free up card space for the following day. Also, regular alarm clocks!

I'd also like a drink station by the adults only pool. No offense meant but it gets a little tiring standing in line behind all the kiddos especially while some are just playing and being wasteful.

Popovich
03-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Overall, we've been very happy with our two Disney cruises and have our third booked for '07. However............

I would love to see: :wizard:

1) BETTER COFFEE :cheer2:
2) Cruise to Alaska or Hawaii
3) More Double dip CC dates
4) Better and cheaper Wi-Fi access

Dznyjenn
03-18-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm completely in love with DCL, and don't see our family switching to another cruise line, regardless of the price. I think it's worth it for the Disney touch, which was evident to me in just about every minute of my previous cruise.

That said...improvements are always possible..and here are two of mine!

1. Pull-ups for potty-learners should be ok...as stated before, parents can be paged to come and assist. Many 3 year olds are "trip-trained" from day-care and pre-school, and can stay dry all day with frequent reminders or scheduled bathroom breaks. Small accidents (My DD catches herself after just a small leak) shouldn't stop all the fun!

2. I agree with the "more double dip CC!!" That island is free 4 additional days per week if I'm calculating right...there just isn't enough time to appreciate all the island has to offer, when the boat pulls out at 5pm or whatever. Two days would allow for a dedicated "family" day..and a "do your own thing" day...

Keep up the most excellent work!!!! :thumbsup2

Dznyjenn
03-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Hubby had more to add!

1. Get rid of the NesCafe instant..get some real coffee! :surfweb:

2. Real refrigerators in the rooms..cooler boxes just don't cut it. Since soda is free now anyway, what's the harm in keeping some nice and cold in your room?

kstelzner
03-19-2006, 01:47 AM
1. Get rid of the NesCafe instant..get some real coffee! :surfweb:

WHAT?! There's no Starbucks on board?! :coffee: I think I'm going to go thru withdrawls next month on our cruise. :headache: My DH is hoping it'll break my daily habit!

Andrew DEREK UK
03-19-2006, 03:09 AM
Just found out if you are from the UK you are expected to get up at 5am to all go and get passports. I think NOT!!!! This is seriously affecting my thoughts on the cruise and I'm not going till 15th Oct. I will NOT be up at that time, either do this in the evening before, or at breakfast, NOT at this time. Im on holiday and its not acceptable to expect my daughter 4 yrs to be up at this time. :furious:

Whats the worse thing that can happen if we miss our alar call ???? Not a lot. We are in no rush to get off the boat. They know what room we are in, so come to us, if its that important. Disney, why treat UK residents different from the American ones. Our money is as good !!!! I have cruised before with other linners and this was down on the evening before, in less than 10 minutes, no hassle !!!!

SO SPRINKLE SOME PIXIE DUST ON YOUR UK CLIENTS AND SORT THIS OUT BEFORE OCTOBER!!!

Slight improvement its usually 6AM but thats still a problem, but note they will not anyone off the ship until this is complete, usaully 8am.

Other ships I have been on do this the previous night after the last port of call, possiblly the authorities come on at the last port, might cost more.

I had young kids, they get by, but then if you are travelling back to the UK later with the loss on time zones its a killer!

Skallywag
03-19-2006, 03:28 AM
Quite agree - it is a killer trying to get sorted by that time in the morning on the last day of your cruise. We had to do the same thing in St. Thomas, we should have been on the Western but Wilma changed that.

On previous postings would not like to see a Casino on board and apart from getting up in the middle of the night (or so it felt) to leave the ship had no complaints at all about the cruise - it was excellent but the early morning thing needs to be addressed.

Would like to see a cruise that misses CC out as feel that although I liked it there would not be in too much of a hurry to go back again.

Flagger
03-19-2006, 06:41 AM
OH yeah, please change the Eastern routing to hit St. Thomas FIRST after leaving PC. That way no one would have to get up at god-awful in the morning since the ship had previously been at an American port the before STT.

Doing PC-SXM-STT is fine, but I would prefer PC-STT-SXM and not have to get up so early on a port day.

Johnna_Story
03-19-2006, 06:47 AM
WHAT?! There's no Starbucks on board?! :coffee: I think I'm going to go thru withdrawls next month on our cruise. :headache: My DH is hoping it'll break my daily habit!

LOL! I was in the same boat (no pun intended) last month. The coffee is not very good, but as an addict, I made do. I found the room service coffee each morning slight more tolerable than the deck 9 station. You always have the Cove Cafe for espresso, latte, etc. and our dining room asst. server was able to get DH a double espresso for Character Breakfast and on our last morning.

Anyway - you'll be happy (and DH might be sad) to hear that I was right back to Starbucks at MCO airport, and making my daily stop on the way to work routine with no adjustment problems at all... :goodvibes

momm2four
03-19-2006, 10:40 AM
I'll have to agree on the beds. I was in one of the SPRs on the Wonder,and was surprised to discover that the bed I slept on actually seemed to slant down a little. Just seemed very worn to me.

Other than that, I LOVED DCL!

ericamanda01
03-19-2006, 11:12 AM
I too am a repeat cruiser with no end in sight. We will cruise DCL as long as possible. However with that being said:

1. There is a need for a new ship, on the west coast.

2. With all the repeat cruisers, I think it would increase if there were better incentives for CC members. Don't get me wrong a pin and a bag are nice, but I would rather have onboard credit.

3. With the new dining plan perhaps for the famlies there should be an assigned time to meet the characters. This way there isn't a 2 hour line to have your picture taken. My DH and I don't have children and feel a little selfish standing in line waiting to take our picture with Mickey and Minnie when there are so many kids waiting as well. Perhaps if there was a time system based on when your dining time was it would be easier.

Other than that keep up the great work!

Flagger
03-19-2006, 01:38 PM
I have been reading that the pools are freshwater. Every picture I have seen shows cloudy pools. I am wondering why it matters when every destination is to a port with SALTWATER beaches. Maybe it would be nice to offer at least one salt water pool.

Also I think having a show before late seating defeats the purpose of being able to casually get ready for dinner. I would love for the late seating diners to be able to go to the shows after their dining experience. For west coasters, eating at late seating is like eating at 5:30 or even earlier with the added hour to AST.

MrsJobba1
03-19-2006, 02:41 PM

At least with the Med cruises the boot should perhaps be on the other foot and we will be able to disembark at leisure. :lmao:

What a good idea! It is awful getting up on the last morning, but I wonder whether part of the fact is, it is the last morning!!

I would also like to say ...

I would like Uk Castaway Club members to recieve membership cards and mailings the same as the USA members.

:rolleyes:

Lindy Loo
03-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Mrs Jobba1..... why dont we get the same info as the Americans??? I would have expected that we should have??? Strange, dont they just e mail you ????

poohfriend
03-19-2006, 02:47 PM
:love:
1. Dining plan with land and sea.
Allow those of us who book the Land and Sea Package to have the dining plan. Just the basic plan. You could add $50 per person to the price of the land and sea package and just include it without your system having a way to add it. For many of us, it is the convenience of having many of our meals taken care of that makes the dining package appealing. Our meals are paid for onboard, having the basics taken care of for the land portion would only enhance our Disney experience.

2. Pull-ups
Pull-ups should be allowed in the three year old age group. Accidents are more likely to happen when a child is out of his/her routine. A pull-up prevents the mess. You'd page me if my son had an accident, so I'd be glad to be paged for additional pull-up assistance. I actually see it as a health benefit...but maybe health departments would disagree. I CERTAINLY don't expect a CM to change diapers for this age group.

3. 2 year olds need more than Flolunders offers
Another vote for something enhanced for the 2-year old age group. Flounders doesn't take into account the curriosity and mobility of that age group. Maybe a couple hours of play each day on the play area when the oceaneer club isn't using it?

4. More connecting rooms.
A lot of families traveling together would love to have this option. And discourage those not needing a connecting room from booking them. On our last cruise we were unable to get connecting rooms. Several people in rooms close to us told us they wished they'd known, they had connecting rooms with people they didn't know. Some people don't pay attention to ship diagrams that indicate connecting rooms.

5. Groups
A group discount for true groups, not just travel agents holding lots of rooms. If we manage to get 10 families to join us for a family reunion, we should be able to get a discount or onboard credit as an incentive. (maybe available only if you booked through DCL?)

6. Better guidelines on tipping.
Do I just pay $10 at PALO or do I tip based on what that type of meal could cost stateside? Can you tip others not mentioned in the tipping guidelines?

7. Onboard credit for CC members
If you book a cruise and are a CC member, there should be a discount or credit. In our case, we're considering an addional cruise to the one we booked onboard. A little extra credit would make the decision easier.

8. Frequent cruiser miles
Airlines offer them...why not DCL. On Southewest 10 roundtrips = free flight. What about a DCL program that offers ... okay maybe not free, but even 50% off after 10 cruises would be great! :lmao:

mommasita
03-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Mrs Jobba1..... why dont we get the same info as the Americans??? I would have expected that we should have??? Strange, dont they just e mail you ????

IT is all NON US citizens, not only those from the UK...Have never received anything, as well as lots of people here, regardless of your address..

mommasita
03-19-2006, 02:53 PM

I do hope you are thinking of others cruising with you!!!! They may be hoping every cruiser does as required so they MAKE their flights home...Intentionally delaying the boat is insensitive...I hope you let everyone on your cruise meet know ahead of time, so theyhave time to cancel....

I agree it is not fun, but it is A REQUIREMENT for ALL non Us citizens....

MrsJobba1
03-19-2006, 02:58 PM
IT is all NON US citizens, not only those from the UK...Have never received anything, as well as lots of people here, regardless of your address..

You can get your castaway number over the phone and you still get the gift in your room.

Sorry I meant to say it was all non USa

Timon
03-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Also a DCL addict who will be sailing DCL all her life no matter the cost, I will always find a way to get on DCL! :cool1:

Improvements I'd like to see:

Some type of photopass like they use at WDW. Instead of printing all of those photos, use your KTTW card every time you get a photo done and then have them viewable on your stateroom tv and have the OPTION of either printing them out on the ship or burned to a CD so you can print them out at home or use them in a digital album. I HATE the people bumper car game you have to play when you go to Shutters to find your dang pics!!

Improve your WIFI as it obviously needs some work and make it available in your stateroom!!! Preferrably before our next cruise in October :rolleyes:

Not sure if this has changed since Oct 05 BUT if not, please bring back the stateroom channel that has the info about the cruise like how fast you are going, where you are, report from the bridge etc. AND please make the ship's announcements so that you can hear them in your stateroom!! Maybe put a volume button like RCCL and people can either turn it off or up!

Ditto on the double dip to CC.
Ditto on the quality of food.
Ditto on the service, really lacking this past trip compared to 2002!

Make the return cruisers stateroom credit for ALL return cruisers! Not just the ones that rebook on board. Why treat the loyal but perhaps a little unsure about their next cruise any less than those who rebook on board??? :furious:

On the flipside...

Great job on:
Goofy's Galley
Giant movie screen on deck 9
Ken's dijon sauce at Pluto's
Pirate Night

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

LIFERBABE
03-19-2006, 03:17 PM
I would like real ice cream available. At least a scoop for dessert in the dining rooms.

That fake stuff, was too grainy and cold.

We really enjoyed our cruise and will be returning Sep 06 and March 07.

mattmommy
03-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Obviously they need at least one more ship. Look how fast the West Coast bought up trips last year.

The pool chairs. Ok DISers. The towel removal begins here. We can start the revolution. We should only use the chaise lounges if we're actually sunbathing and maybe pile our stuff (shirts, coverups, etc.) on a regular chair. I have two people in our family reunion group this July who shouldn't be in the sun for too long so we'll be at a regular table. And when the kids are in the pool, we'll sit on the side and watch them.

For the people outside the U.S. not every repeat cruiser gets Castaway Cards. My parents received nothing. I phoned Disney to get their numbers and they were in the system. Our second cruise we received nothing as CC members so I'm not expecting anything. A special CC cruise with a small discount would be nice.

How about a few cruises that are really casual? Shorts at meals. No tuxes or dresses or shoes. We did buy tuxes and dresses and do like to get dressed up, but it would be nice to pack 2 bathing suits and a few pairs of shorts instead of the shoes and fancy things.

My biggest hope for changes. Change the kids pajama party to a casual night instead of the formal night. We talked up the pj party to my ds5 and didn't realize it was the same as formal night (where we bought tuxes for him and all the men).

Other than that we LOVE the cruise and won't go with anybody else.

BethA
03-19-2006, 04:33 PM
I would love real ice cream too!!

The Shutters line is a nightmare. Not sure how they would do all the candid shots in the pool and at CC, but somethiing like photopass would be wonderful. RCL has a great video that they make from each cruise that was great to have. Would be nice to have some of the cruise music and shows.

Larger pool area-like on RCL. And no big kids in the Mickey pool. I have seen too many little ones jumped on by kids way too big for that area.

I would like to see some on board activities on days in port and CC. Not everyone wants to get off--or can get off if somewhat disabled. Just one or 2 things to break up the day would be nice. Also a few more family type activities later iin the evening.Not everyone wants to do the dance party.

We have found the service excellent on DCL and the entertainment as well. We had no real complaint about the food--I guess we are eaasy to please.

The other mess always seems to be the line for formal pictures. They need another area with a more formal backdrop to use and break up the long line.

pjpoohbear
03-19-2006, 04:50 PM

I would call for those of you in Canada, we got mailings, well at least our castaway cay club cards. Saying hi from TO.

Also, fairly sure that passport pick up time for non-us citizen is 6 am and we went in pj's last cruise and did not look out of place at all. They had juice and pastries and the total time for pick up was under 10 mins, then mom headed back to bed for another two hours and I got some great shots of an empty ship at dawn.

Improvements:
less scratchy blankets, and comforters instead of the bed covers they have now. Better pillows. IT's vacation and sleep is really important for me. I have brought my own blanket and pillow on both cruises and was glad for it.

a better library type set up, maybe with both internet and books and coffee bar, the Cove is a great start, now build on it for the next ships.

Penny

ronunc
03-19-2006, 05:09 PM
At the price, one would think real butter would be offered as an option. It is furnished on request at dinner but not at the other meals or buffets. It may seem silly to many, but it bugs me!

Billinaz
03-19-2006, 05:11 PM
I saw butter and margarine offered at all the buffets we went to.

ronunc
03-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Good news. We sailed Jan. '05 and complained. Maybe they listened.

rex_b
03-19-2006, 05:15 PM
I would say

"Could you please put more commercials on TV so I could get my fix everyday"

Skallywag
03-20-2006, 06:53 AM
What a good idea! It is awful getting up on the last morning, but I wonder whether part of the fact is, it is the last morning!!

I would also like to say ...

I would like Uk Castaway Club members to recieve membership cards and mailings the same as the USA members.

:rolleyes:

We agree - did email and receive my castaway membership number but have no idea why we cannot receive all the details we should. It is expensive to phone and we also never get the dvd and planning booklet nor any information other than the tickets after booking.

Bethipooh4
03-20-2006, 07:50 AM
[QUOTE=mattmommy]Obviously they need at least one more ship. Look how fast the West Coast bought up trips last year.

The pool chairs. Ok DISers. The towel removal begins here. We can start the revolution.

I love this idea....lets all make name lime green name tags that say OFFICIAL DIS TOWEL REMOVER.

Nothing made me madder then seeing all the chairs covered in towels and no one ever going to sit in them. I could see if personal stuff was in the chair, but just a towel??? Same goes on CC, we have 2 in our group due to meds can't be exposed to direct sun very long. Some shade would be nice.

gydell
03-20-2006, 08:19 AM
More CM's in the kids club! And stick to the rules = if a kid misbehaves repeatedly, get them OUT!

OurMsBrooks
03-20-2006, 01:25 PM
I have two main suggestions (in addition to the obvious one that I wish it were cheaper):

1. I don't understand why we can't find out our dining rotation ahead of time to make planning for Palo easier. It doesn't seem like it should be that hard to include that information in a mailer or on the website, so that we could plan Palo for the night of our "repeat" restaurant on our 4-Day Cruise.

2. I think there should be more affordable staterooms for families of more than four people. We are lucky that my in-laws are going and we could book adjoining rooms and have one of our three children with them, but otherwise we would have to get one of the very expensive staterooms for our family with three young kids. They are not old enough for a stateroom of their own, even if it is adjoining.

misseulalie
03-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Not sure if Disney has a dedicated marketing person dedicated to reading the wonderful suggestions, comments and experiences from us dedicated, sometime addictive DISers, but if they do (or these work their way up through the chain of command) ...3

Hey Disney, I want this job!!!! How cool to sit, read the DIS boards and get paid!!! :banana: :banana:

repeatcruiser
03-20-2006, 02:10 PM
1. Shutters - add the Photopass capability - I'd pay extra to be able to avoid going to Shutters, expecially on the last night! Either in-room or at home after the cruise.

2. Shutters (again) - make all the prints the same size - always feel like I'm getting the used car salesman treatment when I buy a package for one size, and the prints I want are a different size. I'd much prefer the abilty to order prints in different sizes as I choose.

3. Enforce no saving deck chairs - agree 100% with the comments on this one.

4. Dress codes - no fashion police, but let people know more clearly about formal night, semi-formal night, pirate night, etc. - people would be more likely to participate if it was clearer what the events are and expectations for same.

txaggie94gigem
03-20-2006, 02:11 PM
i agreee with more staterooms for bigger families!!! if we cruise with all of our kids then 2 of them pay adult rate...i need a room for 6 without getting a suite!

also...we had a problem on our last cruise with a young child that kept pooping in the kids pool....they shut it down about 4 times for about 2 hours each time...i talked to a CM about it and they said it was the same child all 4 times! there should be a policy that once you poop in the pool, no more pool time!!!

and i don't know about anyone else, but i would like to see just have some junk food, like chips and salsa or potato chips and dip available for room service or at plutos....our first cruise they had cheese in the back and we had cheese fries and nachos sometimes but no cheese this last cruise....sometimes you just wanna munch on some comfort food! i think we will bring our own next time!!!

Mi3stooges
03-20-2006, 02:35 PM
I think the remote control for the TV's in the stateroom should have a SLEEP TIMER on them!!! I love to watch TV before falling asleep but I often forget to shut it off before I drift off and then wake startled in the middle night from "voices"....LOL!!!

If there is a sleep timer to found, I'll find it. And there is one...you have to press the buttons ON the TV (somewhere at the top) and go through the menu, its like most tv menus!!

Also, I think everyone has a great comment, complaint or suggestion. I can't think of ONE you all took them all and then some. But I have a question, if we are all filling out those questionaires at the end of the cruise that they make such a big deal out of, and surely were all writing these in there, then why aren't they listening to the black and white that gets handed to them??!!
:confused3

HUFF590
03-20-2006, 03:22 PM
I would love to see some cast members taking towels off of unattended pool chairs. Not so sure how you cold accomplish this, but after 4 cruises, I have gotten to sit on a pool chair exactly ONE time and have watched chairs hold perfectly clean, folded towels for hours.

I would love to see this happen. :cool1:

JNorris
03-20-2006, 03:32 PM
This is my list, and some were already mentioned:

1. Definitely the photopass option. I don't want to waste another minute of my cruise looking for pictures!

2. Get rid of the staggered dining. We just got off the Wonder and I hated the 5:30 dining time.

3. Additional drink station in another location on the ship (maybe forward deck 9). We were forward this time (first 2 cruises were aft), and it was a pain to have to walk to the other end of the ship.

4. Real fridge in the room.

5. More matinees of the shows. I feel we miss some of the night-time stuff because of the shows.

6. More power outlets in the staterooms. We always have to bring a power strip, because of curling irons, camera and camcorder chargers, etc.

7. Take the steamer trunk out of the staterooms, and install floor to ceiling shelves. You could probably get 8 or 10 shelves in there for folded clothes.

Judy

cindalu
03-20-2006, 03:41 PM
I agree about photopass. that is a great idea.

I also hope on the Magic they do away with the open house for the Kids Club/Lab. I have three girls and they will be in 2 different places.

PLEASE, PLEASE GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE

disneycrazzzy
03-20-2006, 04:35 PM
1) slow the wait staff down in the buffets...I can't get up to help my son at the buffet without returning and finding my plate gone even though I hadn't touched it yet. Maybe some way to identify that I'll be right back. The wasted food just killed me....this happen two or three times.

2) Ditto: A/V jacks in front of TV

3) Ditto: Make kid's club available first night without parents.

4) Ditto: Make Shutter's pictures available digitally...

5) Stay longer at Castaway Cay. Do we really have to leave at 5pm to get to Port Canaveral the next day? Do the bugs really come out at 5pm sharp even though it doesn't get dark until 8pm?

6) Make sure the rules are clear for the family games such as Scattegories or Pictionary. It made for some uncomfortable game play on our one and only cruise. Not that were competitive or anything :crazy: !?!

7) Don't jack up the prices on the first day the 2007 Summer Itineraries are available. My sister paid $600 more than I did for the exact same room because she booked a few hours after I did on the first day (for 2005 summer sailings out of CA). We hope to do the repo back to FL in August, 2007 and I am freaking that I won't get one of the first reservations. I am sure any increase in price above the cheapest will just be more than we can afford. This causes me to look for multiple methods of getting a reservation .. via a travel agent and via the website. Oh yeah! please publish the fares as well as the itinerary for the 2007 sailings so we can decide whether we can afford to go before April 4th.

hccb
03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
I haven't cruised yet, but at first blush, I would really appreciate having a structured way to communicate with Concierge before we board. I have several items I'd like to discuss with them that would create a sense of ease for me pre-travel.

One would think it would be advantageous to create a profile for each stateroom and be prepared to meet those needs and/or answer any questions.

I'm not much of a nit-picker, but if I find anything that stands out to me on our cruise, I'll certainly fill out the survey card and add it to this thread.

Billinaz
03-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Some type of photopass like they use at WDW. Instead of printing all of those photos, use your KTTW card every time you get a photo done and then have them viewable on your stateroom tv and have the OPTION of either printing them out on the ship or burned to a CD so you can print them out at home or use them in a digital album. I HATE the people bumper car game you have to play when you go to Shutters to find your dang pics!!

Since they shoot the photos with a digital camera and the photos are routinely mauled by the employees (fingerprints galore) at least letting us buy the digital image gies us the chance to reprint them at home.

Im with everyone else, instead of just reasing the digital images, let us buy them.

Improve your WIFI as it obviously needs some work and make it available in your stateroom!!! Preferrably before our next cruise in October :rolleyes:

The WIFI was OK, but needed alot of improvement. I was charged for time I didnt use and it was slow at times. How about hardwiring the cabins??

Not sure if this has changed since Oct 05 BUT if not, please bring back the stateroom channel that has the info about the cruise like how fast you are going, where you are, report from the bridge etc. AND please make the ship's announcements so that you can hear them in your stateroom!! Maybe put a volume button like RCCL and people can either turn it off or up!

It was there in Feb06

Ditto on the double dip to CC.

Triple ditto....

westjones
03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
I would love to see some 4 night cruises that stop at Key West instead of Nassau.
DJ

Lindy Loo
03-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Wset jones that sounds good, I would prefer Key West, and perhaps people already having done the 3 night cruise,would be more inclined to do the 4 night if there ws a different port. Alot of people have even said to us, dont get off the boat. We will of course, just to have a look around, but for those people who have cruised before, it might be nice to stop in Key west ????

maryjanenancy
03-20-2006, 09:51 PM
We did a 7 day Eastern in November/December 2005. We loved it but there are a few things I'd like to improve. Here goes:

1. the goofy pool - middle pool near the pizza - I know they use that for a stage as well but that pool is way too small for the number of people who want to go in it. It would help ease the burden on the Mickey pool if it were bigger (and warmer).

2. Healthier food choices - The little area near the Mickey pool was always crowded and took forever to go through (not the area with the french fries- the one that made fresh sandwiches).

3. Palo reservations - While I was able to make Palo reservations prior to boarding, the only options available were Tuesday or Thursday. I made the reservation for Tuesday night not knowing that it was going to be Pirate night.

4. More 10 day cruises - My kids desperately want to take a 10 day cruise but, from what I can see, our options are September 2006 (just starting school then) or Summer 2007 (would prefer the islands).

5. Castaway Club specials - I think they should add Castaway Club specials, on cruises, clothing, towels, hats, etc. I'm certain they have extra inventory. Why not offer it up at a discount every once in a while? Or provide discounts to people in various states/countries for slower times (if they have any slower times).

my $.02

Mary

Jillpie
03-20-2006, 09:51 PM
I would love to see some 4 night cruises that stop at Key West instead of Nassau.
DJ

This is a fantastic suggestion. We had our first Disney 4 nighter and that was the only thing we didn't like, Nassau. I can't believe nobody on this thread has mentioned this stop!

Also, I'd like to see more things to do after 10:00 pm, especially if you don't like to hang in the lounges or bars.

mmouse37
03-20-2006, 09:55 PM
Nothing made me madder then seeing all the chairs covered in towels and no one ever going to sit in them. I could see if personal stuff was in the chair, but just a towel???
I would love to see this happen. :cool1:

Not sure if you know this but the CM's place those nice folded towels on the chairs in the morning as a courtesy to the passengers and those chairs are available to anyone....they are not claimed already.....I always take one of those sun loungers....only when there is personal stuff on them do I wait to see if someone is eventually coming back....but if there is a fresh, folded towel....I am taking that chair.

After 15 DCL cruises I have seen the CM's do this in the mornings many, many times!!

And thanks to the poster who figured out about the sleep timer.....I will have to look for it next time!!!

Sailingpartyof10
03-20-2006, 10:13 PM
I love the idea of having Flounders toddlers get to use the Oceaneer Club playscape occasionally, and I think any new ship should have more extensive facilities for toddlers.

I'd also really love to have Flounders operate on a drop-in basis like the other kids' facilities. I don't mind paying the extra charge, but it is hard to know ahead of time exactly what hours you will need or want care. It would also be nice if meals could be served to the older toddlers, too.

BuzzBoyMom
03-21-2006, 05:51 AM
Just a few -

1. Please change the open house in the kids clubs. Allow parents who want to stay - stay...for those who have been on DCL before and the kids are fine...let us enjoy our cruise.

2. That brings me to another point...you definitely don't seem to recognize that some of us are repeat customers. We know the ropes, we love you. So don't penalize us by treating us like newbies and not allowing our children to be in the clubs by themselves if they want to.

3. And be a little more consistent with your little teasers and gifts....If you're sending our a CD with music and pictures, send it to those of us who booked more than 1 cruise with you....REWARD THE CC CLUB members...a CD or little letter isn't too much to ask when considering the prices you are asking us to pay...and we are willing to do so. Can you send us.

WDWLVR
03-21-2006, 06:02 AM
DJ

This could happen. It was what they gave us for the 2005 DVC Member Cruise. It was very popular and I could see DCL trying to do more of them. After all on the first DVC cruise we were the first cruise to do a CC double dip and they have offered more of them now.

KarenP99
03-21-2006, 07:26 AM
1. Photopass
2. Somewhere other than DECK 8 for families of 5 (without having to get connecting).
3. More double dips...or double dip on a 4 night!

jodifla
03-21-2006, 08:30 AM
I also think Disney could do a lot more in the toddler area. It seems strange that a line like Carnival would have more programming for toddlers than Disney, which is normally the master of little kids' accommodations.

We took our DS when he was almost 3 and had a really good time, but not being able to use the pool and not having a kids club for him was hard.

Soccermom-Cheri
03-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Just a few -

1. Please change the open house in the kids clubs. Allow parents who want to stay - stay...for those who have been on DCL before and the kids are fine...let us enjoy our cruise.

2. That brings me to another point...you definitely don't seem to recognize that some of us are repeat customers. We know the ropes, we love you. So don't penalize us by treating us like newbies and not allowing our children to be in the clubs by themselves if they want to.

3. And be a little more consistent with your little teasers and gifts....If you're sending our a CD with music and pictures, send it to those of us who booked more than 1 cruise with you....REWARD THE CC CLUB members...a CD or little letter isn't too much to ask when considering the prices you are asking us to pay...and we are willing to do so. Can you send us.

1) Huh. After many cruises, I never even knew there was an open house. You have to stay? What, to hear the rules?

2) I personally do not want unaccompanied kids in the clubs due to the rowdiness factor. I'm sure your kids are great as are mine. We would know that our kids would behave themselves. But, we all know the parents who let their kids run wild while they are present . Who knows how they would act when parents weren't around? Just my opinion. Don't want to be :offtopic: (Cheri's hand is slapped :rolleyes1 )

3) yeah! I'm still waiting for the teaser postcard announcing that "something is coming". And, who got a CD with music? I waaaaaaant onnnnnneeee <whine>

kstelzner
03-30-2006, 04:39 PM
How's this for a thought?

Right now when you book you are told your stateroom # and if you have early or late seating. How about going a little further and have dining rotations to choose from? Then once that rotation goes, then you could go for another and then the other. That way we would know what day to book Palo for. Or better yet, have Palo reservations available the minute you book your cruise so that it truly is first come, first serve.

mommykeg
03-30-2006, 08:25 PM
How's this for a thought?

Right now when you book you are told your stateroom # and if you have early or late seating. How about going a little further and have dining rotations to choose from? Then once that rotation goes, then you could go for another and then the other. That way we would know what day to book Palo for. Or better yet, have Palo reservations available the minute you book your cruise so that it truly is first come, first serve.

Yeah...what she said!!! :)

shmoogrrrl
03-30-2006, 11:50 PM
also...we had a problem on our last cruise with a young child that kept pooping in the kids pool....they shut it down about 4 times for about 2 hours each time...i talked to a CM about it and they said it was the same child all 4 times! there should be a policy that once you poop in the pool, no more pool time!!!

I am interested to hear that it was the same child all four times. I was beginning to think that it was MY child that was cursing things. Now, I KNOW that it wasn't my child pooping, but it seemed like EVERY time we took her up there, they closed the pool. She only actually got to use the Mickey slide once the entire trip because of it. Twice we got her all ready to go to the pool and got up there to find that it was closed! Bummer!

Thank goodness for the Goofy Pool!

DVC Mary
03-31-2006, 01:03 AM
I love the ideas posted re:

10 day cruise in the summer :cool1:

discounts for teachers in the summer or special cruises :thumbsup2

bigger pools :crowded:

PRICE -- Please don't make this something we'll stop :sad2: doing b/c of the price increases. This summer is our 2nd & possibly our last. RCCL has a much better value. Please don't price yourselves out of the middle class family's ability to sail.

merlin1
03-31-2006, 11:31 AM
I would have more interaction and photo ops with the princesses. The lines were so incredibly long my 4.5 year old just wasn't interested. Thank goodness. I think they should be a part of the character breakfast to insure that every child gets a chance.

TammyAlphabet
03-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Stop reading discussion boards and get out there and get that third ship built!~! :thumbsup2

lakadaisy
03-31-2006, 03:46 PM
We cruised last month and there was only ONE hammock at Serenity Bay. Please DCL get us more of those great hammocks :Pinkbounc !!! They were one of my favorite things about Castaway Cay before... :sunny:

:daisy: Daisy

mom x4,grandma x4
03-31-2006, 04:51 PM
I would like to see a bigger better selection of sugar free desserts like other lines have. Our head server assured us hta tthere would be sugar free dessets ( that was plural) at the late night dessert buffet. There were none displayed and we asked 4 people before someone could help us and they went back to the kitchen and after 10 minutes returned with a mousse, I believe it was mango. There must of been 50 different choices for people who can have sugar, but only ONE for diabetics and then to be embarassed to have to keep asking and asking before anyone knew what we were talking about!!
Then at Pirate night there are NO sugar free desserts available and the BBQ on CC has NO sugar free choices. I guess the same for Scoops ice cream, NO sugar free available for those people who either can have or choose not to have sugar.
I can imagine what people would think if they went to a dessert buffet an dhad one choice or at the buffet at lunch again ONE choice. They would throw a fit and DCL would make some changes right fast.
I do realise they do try very hard to please a lot of different dietary needs and I do praise their efforts 100% but they do have room for improvement.
I know a lot of you are saying this is very selfish of me but you try to sit there while your kids or grandkids are having a ice cream by the pool and you have none! You want to be a part of the family fun, and treats on a crusie are a part of the experience. If you really think hard and honestly, imagine how youd feel about having ONE choice for dessert, no ice cream on deck 9, no dessert at the buffet, pirate party or Cooke's BBQ on CC. you'd have to admit you wouldnt be happy.
I hope they will add some variety soon. They have changed their selection some and it was very good, but as I said, room for improvement. there are lots of people who can that can't have sugar that cruise, I hope they will speak up and write DCL and ask for more and better selections.
thanks for letting me spout off!!!
mom x4,grandma x4

loris10
03-31-2006, 11:07 PM
# 1.. As someone without kids, the DCL was disappointing to me in it's 'adult' offerings.. I adore my nieces and nephew and if I ever get lucky enough to have one, I'll adore my own child, but we pay alot of money and I'd personally like to see more offered for those of us who are cruising childless.. The 3 CM in the bars each evening weren't really my idea of 'fun'... I actually got cussed out twice on our honeymoon cruise because I dared, as an adult, stand in line to get a picture with the characters.. We're doing our first 7-day in May, so I'm hoping it's better..

# 2.. Photopass, Photopass, Photopass. Standing in line at Shutters is such a waste of cruise time.

# 3... Food.. For the price, it should be better.. Not enough variety, all the restaurants offer the same thing, they just dress it a little differently. Except for Palo's... :) Love Palo's..

# 4.. Nassau is ICKY.. Yuck.. Get rid of it.. :)

# 5.. We haven't cruised with anyone else, so I had no clue about the prices, but since DCL is the highest, they need to upgrade and add in some luxury...

The service has always been top notch though... Going back to the parks is such a letdown after the cruise because we are so spoiled..

Lori

mhelsley
03-31-2006, 11:22 PM
More hammocks on the adult beach.

Lockers on C.C.(i don't even mind if there's a small charge).

Better food.

And add those new ships.

Disney Planner Mama
04-01-2006, 05:29 AM
morning of disembarkation -- we found that the wait staff was very preoccupied/distant/unfriendly the morning we got off the ship. I realize that in all probability it was because of the mad scramble to get the ship ready for the next cruise but since we gave out tips the night before we had the vague feeling that they were unhappy with their tips (we tipped more than the recommended amount) and/or they were uninterested in being attentive anymore because they had received their tips. Other people on the boards have mentioned this as well.

Other than that how about a cruise with two days at CC? One is not enough!

BethA
04-01-2006, 06:04 AM
I'd like to see more family activities than just the dance party or karaoke in the evening. RCL had trivia and games of some kind after dinner each night. Not sure if DCL still has these, but the one time I remember them we were never out of dinner in time.

After 9 you are searching for something to do if ou do not want to go to a bar. People make such a big deal about not having a casino, but there is little to do at night not involving the bar either.

I like the idea of servers at the buffet to try and cut down on illness. It is too hard to control the passengers, with hand washing etc and who wants to get sick on vacation.

JeannieH
04-01-2006, 06:40 AM
The main reason as to why the Servers are a little less attentive (if indeed this is the case), is because they have had apprx 4hrs sleep, been up well before you to start work at 5.30am and wont be back in their beds until apprx 1am - having had to work their socks off for around 15hrs. Saturdays are a nightmare for the staff - especially the serving teams. They will have to appear "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed" to those new guests boarding too. They work a 90hr week, so please have a little sympathy if they appear a little distracted on the last morning of your cruise. Also, its possible that up to 50% of their guests may not have tipped at all! I'd be pretty sore too if that was the case!

LOLA2
04-01-2006, 07:00 AM
H20 zone like the new Freedom os the Seas.

Disney Planner Mama
04-01-2006, 07:16 AM
The main reason as to why the Servers are a little less attentive (if indeed this is the case), is because they have had apprx 4hrs sleep, been up well before you to start work at 5.30am and wont be back in their beds until apprx 1am - having had to work their socks off for around 15hrs. Saturdays are a nightmare for the staff - especially the serving teams. They will have to appear "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed" to those new guests boarding too. They work a 90hr week, so please have a little sympathy if they appear a little distracted on the last morning of your cruise. Also, its possible that up to 50% of their guests may not have tipped at all! I'd be pretty sore too if that was the case!

I am in full sympathy with how hard they work, and we loved our waitstaff. The disembarkation breakfast was the only time that we had to wait on things, things were forgotten and we had to ask several times for things.

Perhaps the way the "disney execs" could help would be to do something (bring on extra staff based in Port Canaveral for the transition) to help out, so that some of the pressure is off and we can all have a wonderful last breakfast together.

BethA
04-01-2006, 08:00 AM
bringing on extra staff does sound like a great idea--even our best servers have been cold and try to rush you --it is your last impression and it should be a good one

build a new ship with more suites and add some of the RCL features like mini golf, etc. Also they need a larger pool. Mickey pool is only for toddlers and is so gross! Goofy pool is way too small for the number of families on DCL.

DCDevil2007
04-01-2006, 06:21 PM
I would just have to say...."Thanks" you have a great cruise line and you do your job well. After reading the first couple of pages i was actually kind of disappointed, dissapointed that people can complain about those little things after having experienced the magic of the cruise.

;) No flames please

JLMEBW
04-01-2006, 06:47 PM
There should be a new ship called the IMAGINATION and be mainly in Cali/Hawaii :crazy:

lflynn
04-02-2006, 03:06 PM
The pools are great but they were honestly too crowded to go into. We only went to the Goofy pool once. We felt like sardines. It was jam packed with people. DD went down the Mickey slide once and then were done with the pools.

:rolleyes2

ds2Mom
04-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I totally "get" the servers are tired, they're getting ready for the next group of cruisers, they might have been stiffed by some guests on tips, etc., etc. - but in 3 cruises we have experienced the exact same thing......after the tips have been given out the night before, the servers are waaaaaaay less friendly on debarkation morning. So much so, that our youngest son asked if they were mad at us.

We always tip more than the suggested amout (lots more), as we sincerely appreciate the long hours, hard work, extra effort they do to make the cruise memorable. I know it's not easy (and in fact, is hard work) to be "up" all the time with guests. We've been lucky to have great servers -- incredibly friendly. But at the last morning's breakfast, it was if someone flipped the switch and they couldn't be bothered. I was puzzled by it the first time and saddened to see it happen the 2nd and 3rd times. I now wonder if they're told to have less interaction with the guests that morning? Trying to move people out of the dining room faster?

One morning will not keep us from sailing Disney again (we're booked for the August 2007 repo)......but if I could tell the DCL execs one thing.....it would be to encourage the servers to still be friendly the final morning. Adults can handle a frosty attitude at debarkation breakfast, but your youngest guests don't understand as easily. Keep the magic alive for just a little bit longer. pixiedust:

MommyMinnie
04-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Other than that how about a cruise with two days at CC? One is not enough!

May 27
June 24
July 22
August 19
September 16
October 14
Nov 11
And my personal Fav Dec 9! are all "Double Dip's" at CC

LOLA2
04-03-2006, 07:27 AM
There should be a new ship called the IMAGINATION and be mainly in Cali/Hawaii :crazy:

I second for a ship going to Hawaii. I would love to go there.

HappyLawyer
04-03-2006, 07:37 AM
i would say to make and keep prices reasonable, don't get greedy because you know people some people will pay to cruise DCL because it is DCL, let everyone enjoy it and continue to do so.

lflynn
04-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Find new ports of call so we can cruise again and again and not get bored. :cool1:

ntburns22
04-14-2006, 03:28 PM
I wish we were able to add the dining plan option to out land and sea vacation.

367PVK
04-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Why are the kids prices so extortionate on the med cruise? :confused3

o.t.4disney
04-15-2006, 01:06 PM
I would like them to know just how disappointed I am with their decissions to accomadate repeat customers and dvc members when a communication booking problem arrises. DISNEY EXECS. YOU KNOW WHO I AM. FOR THE SAKE OF $500.00 YOU COULD OF MADE OUR 10 TEN MED. CRUISE A MAGICAL EXPERIENCE

Lindy Loo
04-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Im GUTTED and very CONFUSSED as to why you offer a Disney Photo pass on CD in the parks, yet not on the Cruise????
Surely this would be easy to sort out, and a sure customer service winner! Well DCL you've missed out on some $$$$$$ and made our family quite sad. We will use the photopass in the parks for the 2 1/2 wks we are there, but the icing on the cake would have been to use it on the cruise. A CD is so much easier to carry home to the UK.

Come on DCL it is 2006, you have the technology ...... its an easy request to sort!

figment52
04-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Thank you for taking the plunge with the cruise line. I may never have cruised if you hadn't and thanks to you I have discovered the most relaxing vacation ever.

Keep bringing us those changes in ports so we don't have to jump ship to go somewhere new.

LindaBabe
04-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Thank you! We're a couple with no kids at home but we're hooked on DCL cruising!

Suggestions? hmm.
#1 PHOTO PASS and CD's - finding photos in shutters with the crowds is a nightmare, and I'd rather not have the odd sizes. Just sell me the lot on CD and I'll print my own in the size I need.
#2 The elevators are tough for a slow moving old lady who can't do stairs too well. If the furthest one 'dings', the doors are shut before I get there.

Thanks again!

Talking Hands
04-15-2006, 09:27 PM
I would like to see a bigger better selection of sugar free desserts like other lines have. Our head server assured us hta tthere would be sugar free dessets ( that was plural) at the late night dessert buffet. There were none displayed and we asked 4 people before someone could help us and they went back to the kitchen and after 10 minutes returned with a mousse, I believe it was mango. There must of been 50 different choices for people who can have sugar, but only ONE for diabetics and then to be embarassed to have to keep asking and asking before anyone knew what we were talking about!!
Then at Pirate night there are NO sugar free desserts available and the BBQ on CC has NO sugar free choices. I guess the same for Scoops ice cream, NO sugar free available for those people who either can have or choose not to have sugar.
I can imagine what people would think if they went to a dessert buffet an dhad one choice or at the buffet at lunch again ONE choice. They would throw a fit and DCL would make some changes right fast.
I do realise they do try very hard to please a lot of different dietary needs and I do praise their efforts 100% but they do have room for improvement.
I know a lot of you are saying this is very selfish of me but you try to sit there while your kids or grandkids are having a ice cream by the pool and you have none! You want to be a part of the family fun, and treats on a crusie are a part of the experience. If you really think hard and honestly, imagine how youd feel about having ONE choice for dessert, no ice cream on deck 9, no dessert at the buffet, pirate party or Cooke's BBQ on CC. you'd have to admit you wouldnt be happy.
I hope they will add some variety soon. They have changed their selection some and it was very good, but as I said, room for improvement. there are lots of people who can that can't have sugar that cruise, I hope they will speak up and write DCL and ask for more and better selections.
thanks for letting me spout off!!!
mom x4,grandma x4
Not only some sugar free desserts (fruit is not a great option as it is limited because of the carbs) but sugar free dessert made with Splenda and not Equal or sugar alcohols. I had absolutely no desserts available for me on my cruise even though I informed them well in advance I needed sugar-free and Equal free desserts. And now I find I cannot have sugar alcohols in any form either. And the one you had with mango would have been off limits for me also as I am deathly allergic to mango as well.
I finally gave up the last night and had a real dessert and upped my insulin dosage.

Jillpie
04-15-2006, 09:57 PM
I hope they are reading this thread! :)

Please create some nice double dip CC merchandise for us. I'm thinking tshirts, sweatshirts, pins, prints, anything! We're sailing in June and would definitely buy it. :thumbsup2

Jillpie
04-15-2006, 10:04 PM
I'd also like a drink station by the adults only pool. No offense meant but it gets a little tiring standing in line behind all the kiddos especially while some are just playing and being wasteful.

Oh no! Please don't do this, it will bring tons of loud kids to this awesome quiet area. This is one time of the day where I get a nice break from all that. Anywhere else but the adult pool, please. I like the idea though, a second station would be great.

Skallywag
04-16-2006, 02:55 AM
I would ask them to be fair to all who book their cruises and up front with information. Understand all hotels in Barcelona have already been reserved and have never seen this advertised nor was it offered to us. Wonder how this could be.

UMTerp
04-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Just back so here's an update:

1) Allow kids in the club/lab alone the first night. The repeat cruisers have seen the Welcome Aboard show and want to be in the club/lab with their new friends.

2) Staggering the dining times causes problems with photos. We were a little late to dinner two different nights because we were in line for photos. Had kids and parents running out of Lumieres during dinner because they wanted to get photos in the atrium.

3) New navigators do not list suggested attire for each night. It appeared that not many people reviewed the list given out the first night in the larger navigator. Many people were wearing shorts every night (including formal night). I think perhaps they didn't know because it wasn't on the navigator each day.

4) Too many 8x10 pictures! Go back to primarily smaller pictures. I don't want an album of 8x10s and don't have space to display them in frames. The restaurant photos, etc should go back to the smaller size.

5) We noticed a very dangerous situation where kids were running around and playing in the dining rooms with servers trying to navigate around them with large trays full of food. This is an accident waiting to happen. In Parrot Cay the first night, many kids almost fell into the folks playing the steel drums in the front of the room. Perhaps open the kids club during dinner the first night?

6) Change the entertainers. Michael Harrison and Rich Purpura are funny, just not four times! I understand the difficulty in replacing them as the other entertainment on the 4/8 cruise was sub-par (not the regular DCL shows).

7) The crew is great!

Thanks for the memories!

UMTerp

DIS NURSE
04-17-2006, 04:01 PM
;) Please stop overcooking your chocolate chip cookies! They are dry and hard! DIS'ers in the past claim they used to be WAY better! What has happened? :confused3

MommyMinnie
04-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Please keep cell phone service off the ship!

I don't care how much the cyborgs complain, the best part of a cruise is that my boss, DH's boss, and all the in laws are a $20 phone call away. :banana:

I'd also like to see the wi-fi service tank as well. Sorry boss, I dropped my laptop in the ocean!

Carlton
04-17-2006, 10:01 PM
I would ask them to put together a shore excursion that included both Pompeii and Herculaneum on the same day, so those of us who wanted to see both wouldn't be forced to chose one site over the other.

tinkerbellmagic
04-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Hi DCL,

1. Please give us the free Magical Express. Don't we deserve it too?
2. Build a beautiful, magical, fun, Disney ocean front resort near the port with a free shuttle to the Wonder and Magic. Include a water park like Ron Jon Cape Caribe.
3. Please make your cruises affordable like they used to be. You are probably losing your loyal fans who can no longer afford you and are forced to choose elsewhere even if we don't want to.
4. Give us a shore excursion to Paradise Beach.
5. Different ports for repeat cruisers (who haven't been forced to sail on more affordable lines)
6. Give everyone the option of dining alone with their families. That way, those who love to meet others may choose to dine with others and those who prefer not to, can spend quality time with their families and not make their tablemates feel uncomfortable. Oh, you say you can't accomodate that request due to space limitations? Ok, then....
7. Please build another ship.
8. Please do something about Shutters. Too much time spent searching for pics when we could be having fun. And oh the agony when our precious photos are disposed of without our knowledge.

And like others have said, thanks for the memories, DCL!

Tink

JimV
04-17-2006, 11:20 PM
1. The collision of the 8:30 seating with the evening's entertainment bothered me. My kids left dinner early several times to go do something else and we felt rushed on pirate night.

2. Make the entertainment like the cook's parade, etc. go around the fringe of the room so those of us seated by the walls can enjoy it equally with those in the center of the room.

3. Open Cove Cafe earlier -- perhaps even on the last morning for the requisite cup of good coffee.

4. Offer guided tours of the ship or equivalent during a port day since we cannot do bridge tours anymore.

5. Open up the foredeck pool -- I never saw cast members using it. Perhaps restricted hours on that so they could have alone time without guests.

6. More fun family activities like the juggling, magic, towel folding, etc. that can be enjoyed by tweens/teens without being in the clubs (if what is going on the Stack doesn't fit).

7. Digital delivery of shutters photos. Perhaps via a password enabled website so we could even order them from home. A number of event competition companies do this for band competitions, competitive cheer meets, etc. That way, we can review all of the pictures from the comfort of home -- we remembered as we were driving home that we had missed some pictures from CC on Friday and it was too late.

8. More shopping options -- basic make up items -- my daughter forgot lip gloss and it required someone rummaging through the back room to find something.

9. Some way to limit children's purchases on the room cards by limit or arcade purchases. My DS accidentally put $40 more on his arcade card his last day without realizing he put more on than what he could use.

10. CMs enforce the towel policy on deck chairs!!!

11. Supply good, real maps of the islands/ports we are visiting. Not just those retail maps from the recommended stores.

12. Have pepper grinders and salt shakers on the tables for meal rotations. Needing to ask my server for pepper all the time was a pain.

That's it for now. More will probably come up as I think about it.

-- JimV

Skallywag
04-18-2006, 01:31 AM
Please could we in England we given the same benefits as other Countries. We never receive Castaway membership cards or mailing. Cannot get the DVC Visa card to enable us to save a bit of money and do not get a toll free number to assist us when we book or have queries.

daipp
04-18-2006, 05:36 AM
Please could we in England we given the same benefits as other Countries.

And Wales, and Scotland, and Northern Ireland!!!

Lindy Loo
04-18-2006, 06:05 AM
Great point Scallywag............. !!! Isnt our $s as good as others ????

Did you have a good cruise, please send me a PM with hints and tips.......... Linda x

jdybnsn
04-18-2006, 06:06 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

PLEASE serve coffee & biscuits on Castaway Cay.........I really missed my mid morning dose, as we left the ship early to go to the beach.

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

kamgen
04-18-2006, 08:36 AM
:p This is a wonderful thread and I sincerely hope DCL execs take the time to listen.

After 7 DCL trips, here are my thoughts:
1. PhotoPass!!!! There is a way, so do it! There is so much waste in Shutters and it is soooo crowded. The WDW pass is amazing and we bought the cd for $99 when we normall don't buy ANY pics. DCL would make out in the end. This is a must!!!!

2. DVC point exchange. As a previous poster stated, this is ridiculous. I could understand if it were an exchange outside of the world of Disney. Find a way to make the exchange benefit the DVC people.

3. Better/More activities, places, things to do for the under 3 group! There are a lot of young families on DCL and there is no reason to leave your under 3 child at home when you are doing anything DISNEY!

4.COst...I realize that as long as we continue to pay it, they have no reason to change...but it is getting out of hand....hopefully there will be more incentives, discounts, etc to compensate.

5. Castaway CLub members....we should get onboard credit no matter how or when we book....and if we rebook onboard, make it even better!

Just my thoughts!

Skallywag
04-18-2006, 09:09 AM
And Wales, and Scotland, and Northern Ireland!!!

Sorry did not mean to offend all members from the UK - we deserve the same benefits.

Rather find it strange that as a DVC member they manage to get the bills for maintenance and other information to us - why not DVC.

Am going to ask if they can put Castaway details in with our tickets for the next cruise. Cannot see this will be a problem.

Ohiodisneyguy
04-18-2006, 11:15 AM
We had never cruised until last year's land and sea vacation. Now we are hooked! :worship: But to be honest, we just can't afford DCL again :sad: . WDW has made vacations much more affordable over the past few years. Just wish DCL could do the same. Maybe closer to RCCL and others. I know we would be disappointed with another cruise line, but budget may dictate it. :confused3

Lindy Loo
04-18-2006, 03:33 PM
When I e mailed Disney Cruise Line direct, asking them about a few things BEFORE finding this site, I asked about the Photopass, and they said, "Not that many of our cruisers would use the Photopas system ( i.e buying the Cd at $99) and that they had a similar/adequate system was on board, for purchasing photos.

I am now going to e mail them to "formally" request they review this, when working to improve customer service.

I think if alot of people requested this direct to them, they might review it. I would imagine people on this site can be quite a force !!!! Why not e mail them over then next week or so??? you never know :confused3 it might just change things for the better! :sunny:

clten
04-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Here's my suggestion. I think the thing that makes a Disney cruise is that you start to feel like family with the crew. One of the big questions always asked is: "Is insert name here still on board?" Can't Disney add a page to their Castaway Club page with the names of the cruise staff, dining room servers, kids club staff, etc. and just list the dates of their contracts. If they are on vacation, put their expected return date down. And keep it updated! (I know it's a lot of names but I know I will be so much more excited about my cruise if I know my favorite server is going to be there. I'll also be less disappointed if I know ahead of time they are on vacation.)

mikiclements
04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
The arcade should not close. There are night owls who like to play.
Coffee on deck 9 should be fresh in the morning. Reheated coffee does not taste nice.
Why is the movie screen at the pool not active on the Wonder. That would be so nice to watch a movie by the pool
There is a scheduling problem with lunch and the Buena Vista Theatre. Some days, you can either eat lunch or catch the movie. Not both.
Hire a cook who really cares about his creations and pay him what he is worth. The food could be much better.

sirena
04-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Each child should have an assigned Oceaneer's Club CM. My DD3 was lost and lonely (especially at that age) and she would not talk to the CM to ask her to page me. She did not want to stay there the last 2nts v/c she felt alone. I was surprised when I dropped her off that there was no organization in terms of groups supervised. It was everyone together and all CMs just around but not really looking after anyone in particular.