PDA

View Full Version : Hotels near the port?

kathybeany
03-17-2006, 07:28 AM
I tried doing a search, but I kept getting an error for some reason.

Would really appreciate if someone could tell me what's a good hotel that's close to the Port that's not super expensive. We live in Florida (about a 3 hour drive from the port), but want to make sure that we're nice and early :)

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!

two-foxes
03-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Although the site has not been updated of late, it will still give you a good idea of what there is available....

www.dcltribute.com

There is a link for lodging there.

Minnie724
03-17-2006, 08:38 AM
We're also first time cruisers but friends and relatives all swear by the Radisson at the Port. It is the closest, I believe. It has a nice pool and free parking and free shuttle service to the port. I found good prices on Expedia but I am sure that hotels.com and others might too. I also e-mailed them and reserved the shuttle over. You can call them directly at 321-784-0000.

Good luck!

DVCDebb
03-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Another first time cruiser here and we found the Radisson had the best price online. Seems to be the closet to the port and shuttle service if you want it is great.

Stay_home_Dad_Scott
03-17-2006, 09:04 AM
There's a Residence Inn that's supposed to be opening next Monday (3/20) - I'm crossing my fingers, because I've got reservations to stay there next Friday (3/24).

It's very close to the port, and the rates are good, too. I'll try to post a report when I get back from our 3/25 7-day Western cruise.

imlazar
03-17-2006, 09:36 AM
There's a Residence Inn that's supposed to be opening next Monday (3/20) - I'm crossing my fingers, because I've got reservations to stay there next Friday (3/24).

It's very close to the port, and the rates are good, too. I'll try to post a report when I get back from our 3/25 7-day Western cruise.

It's just before you get to the Radisson on A1A, a bit closer to the port than the Radisson.

Michelle2
03-17-2006, 10:11 AM
There is a great thread all about it (the new Residence Inn) by Shirley from The Perfect Gift, she was sure to ask the RI manager about shuttle service, and they do NOT offer it. Shuttle service is something we did not want, so it does not matter to us, but that is the Radisson's only benefit from the other hotels near the port(free shuttle). So keep that in mind if you need it.

I heard the Residence Inn looks beautiful and has a big pool too. We are paying about 80 bucks cheaper than the Radisson and getting a bigger, practically brand new room too. We are just happy to be as close to the port! Cannot wait! :teeth:

There is also a new Country Inn and Suites going in around there too, but Shirley said that not much progress has been made on it, so it probably will not be done for awhile...