PDA

View Full Version : DIS Ladies Only Meet 2006 Weight Loss Challenge - Starts March 28

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

TinksPixieDust
07-21-2006, 07:34 AM
wendypan, all curves are different in very few ways. no curves deviates from the program though.
are you saying that the curves you attend, you are required to work out 3 times a week?

maybe i misunderstood
Actually Mac, I am the one that misunderstood. For some reason I thought I was told that you have to work out that many times a week. :confused3:

BETH!!!! So glad you are back with us! ::yes::

anut4disney
07-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Hello everyone.
Long time no see, on this thread anyway.

So I am back after how many weeks of giving up. I am going to give it another shot.

So far all I have done is gain. Up to 288 now. I think that's a 5 lb gain for me since the very beginning. Oh well.

Hope everyone else has been doing well. :wizard:

See ya around. :wave:
Welcome back Beth. :cool1:

macraven
07-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Actually Mac, I am the one that misunderstood. For some reason I thought I was told that you have to work out that many times a week. :confused3:

BETH!!!! So glad you are back with us! ::yes::

from what i have read in the curves literature and from what the owner told me, if you work out 4 times a week you will be more successful.

the ask that you strive to come 3 times a week though.

i go 6 times a week and it helps me a lot.

some ladies only go one day a week and their results are extremely slow

macraven
07-21-2006, 01:21 PM
i have had to add more calories to my diet as my set weight has become a problem

i am gaining weight now and will cut out the extra 800 calories today.

i should start losing weight again by wednesday.

this happens to me at times. if i go 3 weeks in a row with no weight loss, then i have to eat more for awhile before my diet will be effective again.

i ususally gain about 4 pounds when i do this but it changes the set weight my body goes to.

if you are not losing, think about what i posted. your set weight might be the factor.

Princess Michelle
07-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Welcome back Beth! :wave:

Shirley ~ I am having a whole weekend where I am eating EVERYTHING! So I give you my complete sympathies. :hug:

AdventurerKat
07-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Okay because I was so bad yesterday I have to tell my shame. :teeth:

I think I ate everything that I could find yesterday, things that I don't normally eat I was stuffing in my mouth, I'm so bad. Hopefully today I'm back on the straight and narrow.

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. Don't worry Shirley. We all have lapses. Keeping them momentary is the important part.

AdventurerKat
07-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Welcome back Beth!

I need to get to the gym. I really really do. :sad2:

macraven
07-23-2006, 04:46 PM
ok gals, i gained 6 lbs in order to change my set weight during the week and went back on the diet strictly the other day .

got 4 of those pounds and hoping to lose the other 2 soon.

we all go through the gaining back some weight when we eat more and don't exercise.
looks like i am in good company.
we all will lose it together again.

i wish you the most encouragement possible.

i for one am getting sick of dieting and i hate to exercise.

i have to keep up the curves for the year since mr mac paid for it.
if i quit it, i have to repay him back over the $4xx.xx it cost him.

AdventurerKat
07-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Mac, I think you are doing a fabulous job. You really seem to know how to get it in gear.

I weighed myself this morning. I have lost the TOM weight and the WDW weight. Back to what I was the week prior. I hope this coming up week I can manage to lose something. I'm going to try. :thumbsup2

macraven
07-24-2006, 05:09 PM
you are over the hump kat, you got it.

you know this week coming up will show a good size loss.

i bet your set weight has changed and you are good to go.

congrats.

never give up no matter how desparate dieting may seem at times.

macraven
07-24-2006, 05:10 PM
i rejoice on every pound i lose and also for every pound you all lose !!

i really do as i know what a struggle and mind set this is for us.

edited for spelling

anut4disney
07-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Good morning ladies. I lost nothing, stayed the same. Not happy with myself at all.

I hope everyone has a great weigh in today.

macraven
07-25-2006, 09:44 AM
shirley, staying the same is good.

i gained 6 lbs to change my set weight and lost 5 of it as of this morning.

so that puts me 1 lb up from last tuesday. i am thrilled over that as it means i have changed my set point. if i can lose 5 lbs in 4 days, then i will shed this pound plus more by next tuesday.

macraven
07-25-2006, 09:47 AM
i have a big favor to ask here to all the ladies.

does anyone here have a scanner?
if you do, can i mail you an article so you can post it here?

in today's chgo tribune health secction, it addresses set weight and how to over come it.

it is too much for me to type out.

i would love to share it with all of you here.

if no one has a scanner, i can photocopy it and mail it to you at your home address.

but, i prefer to have everyone read the article and see how changing the weight loss pattern can help you.

kat, hoping you are feeling better.

TinksPixieDust
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
i have a big favor to ask here to all the ladies.

does anyone here have a scanner?
if you do, can i mail you an article so you can post it here?

in today's chgo tribune health secction, it addresses set weight and how to over come it.

it is too much for me to type out.

i would love to share it with all of you here.

if no one has a scanner, i can photocopy it and mail it to you at your home address.

but, i prefer to have everyone read the article and see how changing the weight loss pattern can help you.

kat, hoping you are feeling better.
Mac, I have a scanner. ::yes::

Today I went to Curves and it was my weigh-in day!! According to them I lost 2 lbs and 6+". I dont go by their weight though cause it is off mine by a lot. I've lost 3 lbs since last weeks weigh-in. :woohoo:

daisy_77
07-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Good morning, ladies!
I did HORRIBLY this past week. I gained 7, yes, 7 pounds. :sad2:

I am back on track today. I hope all of you have a great day! :grouphug:

TinksPixieDust
07-25-2006, 11:50 AM
:gouphug: January, just remember how great you've been doing though. You'll have a big loss next week I just know it. Just remember to keep chugging along! ::yes::

macraven
07-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Mac, I have a scanner. ::yes::

Today I went to Curves and it was my weigh-in day!! According to them I lost 2 lbs and 6+". I dont go by their weight though cause it is off mine by a lot. I've lost 3 lbs since last weeks weigh-in. :woohoo:

your curves weighs weekly???

ours does it monthly.

can you scan the articles if i send them to you wendypan and them post them here on this thread?

if you can, please pm your address.
after i mailed you the money for the bracelet, i deleted the pm with your address. i never save them

macraven
07-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Good morning, ladies!
I did HORRIBLY this past week. I gained 7, yes, 7 pounds. :sad2:

I am back on track today. I hope all of you have a great day! :grouphug:

don't fret at all jannie.

sometimes you do have t put on a gain in order to be able to change the metablolic rate to lose again.

i put on 6 lbs after last weeks weigh in to change my set point.
i got 5 of it off as of today and you will too.

you said you are dieting again and i know you will lose a lot of it within next tuesday weigh in.

i hope wendy once she scans the article i will send her posts it here and you can see what to do when you hit a plateau.

hang in there homie.
we still have time to lose

and we are doing it for ourselves.
it is a new me program....... :cheer2:

TinksPixieDust
07-26-2006, 01:39 PM
your curves weighs weekly???

ours does it monthly.

can you scan the articles if i send them to you wendypan and them post them here on this thread?

if you can, please pm your address.
after i mailed you the money for the bracelet, i deleted the pm with your address. i never save them
Ours does Monthly, but I weigh myself weekly.

Yes Mac I can scan the article in and then post it here. ::yes:: I'll send you a pm shortly. :hug:

sahbushka
08-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Hi ladies. I know it has been a very long time since I was last on, but I majorly fell off the band wagon. I am now on again with a new program my grandma got me started on called Isagenix. I did the 9 day cleanse program and dropped 15 lbs though I am still 9 lbs heavier than I was when I left this thread, I think. My grandma has lost 20. I am very proud of her efforts. Good luck all,
Sarah

Princess Michelle
08-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Good Morning Beautiful Ladies! :yay:

Welcome back Sarah! :wave:

Well, I'm up 2lbs. this week. TOM finally decided to show up so I'm hoping for a loss next week with it's departure. I'm also sticking to a set calorie diet for now. It's only day two but so far, so good. I started writing it all out the night before so that the next day I don't have to worry about anything but making it and eating it. It really helps me be more aware of just how much or how little I am eating. I think I'm eating so much food right now but the calories don't add up to a lot and then other days I think I didn't eat much but the calories added up big time! I'm trying to stay at or around 1500 calories for now. It doesn't sound like a lot but that's really a good amount of food.

This is what my menu is like today ~

Breakfast ~
3 sausage links
2 cups of watermelon
1 piece of whole wheat toast w/butter

Lunch ~
7 cubes of colby jack cheese
1 container unsweetened applesauce
35 peanuts

Dinner ~
1 1/2 cups Chicken Marsala
1 Baked Potato w/butter & sour cream

Lunch is snacky type foods because of the enviroment I work in it's hard to have a real lunch. We don't get breaks but sometimes I still take a salad or something that I can heat up, this just happens to be what I picked out for today. :)

anut4disney
08-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Well for the 3rd week in a row I didn't lose a thing. I am so disappointed in myself, I really thought I had done better this week but evidently I didn't. :guilty: I can't even use the TOM card because I had a hysterectomy when I was 39. :teeth: It kind of makes me want to give up, but I'm not damn it. This is when I become like a mule, stubborn as hell. Sorry two curse words in one post I should be ashamed. :blush:

Michelle maybe I need to do like you do and plan each day in advance and see how that works for me.

I am thinking about starting Curves. I got a raise and there is just enough to start even if only for the 2 months before our trip.

Good luck everyone

daisy_77
08-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Good morning, ladies!! :sunny:

I am so happy to hear that some of us have lost some! Shirley, don't be discouraged....your weight loss will kick in again! You are awesome for not giving up! I have been on WW for over a year now and there are times when I just want to throw in the towel....you have already come to far to do that! Good for you for being stubborn! :cheer2:

Princess Michelle princess: TOM sucks! I wish our bodies wouldn't retain so much water! I am glad that you are sticking with a plan....you are kicking butt!

COngrats to Mac and Sarah for getting in some good losses! :banana:

I lost all the weight I gained from my camping trip! Woohoo! So I am glad about that! I worked out and ate only my 22 points. Not activity points and no allowance points. I lost 7 pounds. That is unusual for me to lose that much. I gained it in 4 days...so I guess a lot of it was water retention :teeth:

Good luck to everyone this week! :wizard:

macraven
08-01-2006, 10:57 AM
my week sucked big time over that foot surgery...........

i have not been able to do a complete workout at curves since last tuesday.
remember when i added calories and gained the 6lbs? i then dieted it back down and had that one pound more to go.

that one pound has become my friend and doesn't want to leave my side, or butt or gut or whatever. it thinks it belongs to me for life now....... :rolleyes1

with limited exercise, i had to modify what i could do at curves. only can use the strength building equipment, no running or marching.

and the boot limits my activity.

i am sure as i am here and alive, i will get that friendly one pound plus his cousin off of me by next tuesday........!!

congrats jannie, you did good.
congrats princess, way to go on the new diet.
congrats sarah, you will make it on this new diet.

and the others that might have gained or stayed the same, do NOT give up.
a lot can happen to you in the next 7 weeks.

macraven
08-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Hi ladies. I know it has been a very long time since I was last on, but I majorly fell off the band wagon. I am now on again with a new program my grandma got me started on called Isagenix. I did the 9 day cleanse program and dropped 15 lbs though I am still 9 lbs heavier than I was when I left this thread, I think. My grandma has lost 20. I am very proud of her efforts. Good luck all,
Sarah

i wil google that program and see about it.
it appears this is something that is working for you.

sarah, if you have been this successful on that new program, you surely will accomplish in what you are doing and lose those unwanted pounds.

i think the cleansing program is a good thing.
that quick start loss is very encouraging in losing weight.

never give up.
you will succeed......!!

macraven
08-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Good Morning Beautiful Ladies! :yay:

Welcome back Sarah! :wave:

Well, I'm up 2lbs. this week. TOM finally decided to show up so I'm hoping for a loss next week with it's departure. I'm also sticking to a set calorie diet for now. It's only day two but so far, so good. I started writing it all out the night before so that the next day I don't have to worry about anything but making it and eating it. It really helps me be more aware of just how much or how little I am eating. I think I'm eating so much food right now but the calories don't add up to a lot and then other days I think I didn't eat much but the calories added up big time! I'm trying to stay at or around 1500 calories for now. It doesn't sound like a lot but that's really a good amount of food.

This is what my menu is like today ~

Breakfast ~
3 sausage links
2 cups of watermelon
1 piece of whole wheat toast w/butter

Lunch ~
7 cubes of colby jack cheese
1 container unsweetened applesauce
35 peanuts

Dinner ~
1 1/2 cups Chicken Marsala
1 Baked Potato w/butter & sour cream

Lunch is snacky type foods because of the enviroment I work in it's hard to have a real lunch. We don't get breaks but sometimes I still take a salad or something that I can heat up, this just happens to be what I picked out for today. :)

princess....it sounds like you found a winner !!

you will see the results soon. one pound is 3500 calories.
if you are eating 1500 cal daily, you can loose 1 pound every 3rd day easily.
once you start seeing the results on the scale, it will encourage you to stay on track.

i am back on the 1200 calories a day. i find this most effective for me for the quick start loss after adding calories a week ago to change my set point.

writing down what you eat is a good measure to see where the calories are coming from. i google a lot of foods for caloric values.

it is a useful tool to help determine and make choices.

i am so proud of you.
you will do it.

lowering the caloric intake and exercising will show you results and keep you motivated.
you are on the right track princess !

macraven
08-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Well for the 3rd week in a row I didn't lose a thing. I am so disappointed in myself, I really thought I had done better this week but evidently I didn't. :guilty: I can't even use the TOM card because I had a hysterectomy when I was 39. :teeth: It kind of makes me want to give up, but I'm not damn it. This is when I become like a mule, stubborn as hell. Sorry two curse words in one post I should be ashamed. :blush:

Michelle maybe I need to do like you do and plan each day in advance and see how that works for me.

I am thinking about starting Curves. I got a raise and there is just enough to start even if only for the 2 months before our trip.

Good luck everyone

shirley, you might like curves.
i had my biggest loss in the first 4 weeks at it.
i lost weight and inches and increased muscle mass while lowering my bmi.

just don't give up.

if you are exercising, vary what you are doing. keep the water intake up especially in this hot weather.

maybe you are at a set point and just need to kick in additional calories for a few days and then readjust your diet and cut calories to change your set point. it is just a suggestion.

if you are closer to your goal weight, it is always more difficult to make rapid losses. seems like the body is fighting it. it wants to hang on to all of you...........lol

shirley, write down what you eat and the time you eat it.
this can guide you a lot.
some people stop eating all food at a certain time in the evening.
you are less active at that point and your metabolish rate is at a lower point.
try to not eat after 6:30 in the evening for a couple of days and see if you notice any results on the scale.

you have been doing great.
i have held at the same weight now for 2 weeks but not discouraged. if you exercise or walk 20 minutes briskly and watch what you eat, you will see the difference on next weigh in day.

you hang in there. i am counting on you to weigh less than me at the end of this challenge !

macraven
08-01-2006, 11:18 AM

I lost all the weight I gained from my camping trip! Woohoo! So I am glad about that! I worked out and ate only my 22 points. Not activity points and no allowance points. I lost 7 pounds. That is unusual for me to lose that much. I gained it in 4 days...so I guess a lot of it was water retention :teeth:

jannie, again congratulations. doesn't it feel wonderful to be able to come here and rave of the sucess !! all of us here are proud of you. 7 lbs...that is fantastic !!

don't say it was water, i think you lost a part of you when you went back and strictly followed the ww and using the point system.

i am hoping we hear of another sucess story from you next week.

and to all the others, we loss at different rates.
never compare yourself to others here. that is so important as it might discourage you or make you feel bad.

even though we rejoice when others lose weight, sometimes we feel sad when it is not us. i am rooting for all of you and i know everyone one of us will be content with what we have lost during this challenge. even if you lost and gained weight back these past months, it tells you it is possible to lose weight.
we need to encourage each other and stay strong.
remember, this is not for only the trip but for our lifetime.

loosing weight is good for the body if we carry more than we should for our frame size.

good luck for the next week we are heading into.

mac

anut4disney
08-01-2006, 12:02 PM
shirley, you might like curves.
i had my biggest loss in the first 4 weeks at it.
i lost weight and inches and increased muscle mass while lowering my bmi.

just don't give up.

if you are exercising, vary what you are doing. keep the water intake up especially in this hot weather.

maybe you are at a set point and just need to kick in additional calories for a few days and then readjust your diet and cut calories to change your set point. it is just a suggestion.

if you are closer to your goal weight, it is always more difficult to make rapid losses. seems like the body is fighting it. it wants to hang on to all of you...........lol

shirley, write down what you eat and the time you eat it.
this can guide you a lot.
some people stop eating all food at a certain time in the evening.
you are less active at that point and your metabolish rate is at a lower point.
try to not eat after 6:30 in the evening for a couple of days and see if you notice any results on the scale.

you have been doing great.
i have held at the same weight now for 2 weeks but not discouraged. if you exercise or walk 20 minutes briskly and watch what you eat, you will see the difference on next weigh in day.

you hang in there. i am counting on you to weigh less than me at the end of this challenge !

:thumbsup2 I am heeding your advise Miss Mac. Exercise is my downfall, so maybe paying Curves will make me want to try harder. The twins sitter goes and just love them. I do use Sparkpeople for keeping account of what I eat, love them because they add everything up for me and I know what I have done each day and how I need to change it. I still want to loose at least 35 pounds but will go week by week I guess.

I have been playing catch up on the other board and just wanted to say that I hope your foot is doing better.

anut4disney
08-01-2006, 12:33 PM

I am so happy to hear that some of us have lost some! Shirley, don't be discouraged....your weight loss will kick in again! You are awesome for not giving up! I have been on WW for over a year now and there are times when I just want to throw in the towel....you have already come to far to do that! Good for you for being stubborn! :cheer2:

Princess Michelle princess: TOM sucks! I wish our bodies wouldn't retain so much water! I am glad that you are sticking with a plan....you are kicking butt!

COngrats to Mac and Sarah for getting in some good losses! :banana:

Congratulations on losing what you gained on your trip. It will be interesting to see if I gain when we go to the mountains. DH loves to walk so I might be getting a lot of exercise though so that might help. :teeth:

TinksPixieDust
08-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Hello Ladies! I just realized that I didnt check in here today. :blush: Tsk Tsk to me. This morning my scale showed that I gained two pounds. Someitimes I get so discouraged it makes me want to throw the thing in the trash. I've been working on loosing weight since 1998 (After my Back surgery). I'm so tired of flip flopping back forth. I just dont understand how I can be really good and right on target one week and totally blow the next one. :sad2:

Sorry , I dont want to bring everyone down with my rant. I'm very proud and happy of each of you that lost the week. I'm also proud of the ones that didnt loose but are not giving up! That is just awsome. It makes me want to try harder when I see my friends doing it too.

I can tell that last week I hardly drank any water & I was only able to get in 3 days of Curves. This week I'm going to drink tons of water, and work out every day.

I've been having a salad every day for lunch & sometimes lentil soup, and South Beach Diet wrap for breakfast. I know that I just need to try harder. ::yes:: Thanks for listening everyone. :grouphug: Keep up the good work!!!!

macraven
08-01-2006, 07:06 PM
wendy pan and the rest of the homies.......want to tell you something.

you need to drink water while dieting and exercising.

divide your weight in half. the number you then have, is the amount of water you should be drinking each day.

for example: you weigh 200 lbs, you need to drink 100 ounces.

if you weigh 160 pounds, drink 80 ozs of water daily.

at 160 pounds from the time you get up in the morning to the time you go to bed, drink 80 ozs of water. if you drink the 16.9 fl oz bottles then you need to consume 4 and 3/4 bottles of water.

if you drink the 24 oz bottles, then at 160 lbs, you would consume 3 and 1/3 bottles of water.

if you are drinking glasses of water, measure out the liquid in the glass you will always be using into a measuring cup, that is 8 ozs.

that way you will know how many glasses you need to drink.

i hope this helps.
sometimes we don't know how much water we should be drinking. i wanted to pass this info along to you to help in that area.

AdventurerKat
08-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Mac, thank you very much for picking up the slack for me the past week and this week. I appreciate your input to everyone so much.

I did not weigh in today. I don't want to know. I will have a better week this week than last and of course I am now walking extra in the mornings and afternoon for my bus so maybe that will help.

Hugs to everyone who is discouraged. Just keep on trying.

January - Wow.

And now, I have some bad news. Well, most likely. The Cinderellabration show goes dark on the 16th of September. That's where the princes and princesses for the meet and greet come from. And the perosn I know who is in that show is the one that set it up.

I don't know what will go on with a new show and I don't know if he is in it or if there will be this type of situation to go to again, but I will ask as the time draws near.

There are still some neat things I have lined up for the top three, but I am truly disappointed that Cinderellabration is ending mid-September. I thought the 30th would be the last day as the new celebration starts the 1st.

I will keep you posted.

anut4disney
08-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Hello Ladies! I just realized that I didnt check in here today. :blush: Tsk Tsk to me. This morning my scale showed that I gained two pounds. Someitimes I get so discouraged it makes me want to throw the thing in the trash. I've been working on loosing weight since 1998 (After my Back surgery). I'm so tired of flip flopping back forth. I just dont understand how I can be really good and right on target one week and totally blow the next one. :sad2:

Sorry , I dont want to bring everyone down with my rant. I'm very proud and happy of each of you that lost the week. I'm also proud of the ones that didnt loose but are not giving up! That is just awsome. It makes me want to try harder when I see my friends doing it too.

I can tell that last week I hardly drank any water & I was only able to get in 3 days of Curves. This week I'm going to drink tons of water, and work out every day.

I've been having a salad every day for lunch & sometimes lentil soup, and South Beach Diet wrap for breakfast. I know that I just need to try harder. ::yes:: Thanks for listening everyone. :grouphug: Keep up the good work!!!!
:hug: I understand but just keep plugging away.

anut4disney
08-02-2006, 09:00 AM
wendy pan and the rest of the homies.......want to tell you something.

you need to drink water while dieting and exercising.

divide your weight in half. the number you then have, is the amount of water you should be drinking each day.

for example: you weigh 200 lbs, you need to drink 100 ounces.

if you weigh 160 pounds, drink 80 ozs of water daily.

at 160 pounds from the time you get up in the morning to the time you go to bed, drink 80 ozs of water. if you drink the 16.9 fl oz bottles then you need to consume 4 and 3/4 bottles of water.

if you drink the 24 oz bottles, then at 160 lbs, you would consume 3 and 1/3 bottles of water.

if you are drinking glasses of water, measure out the liquid in the glass you will always be using into a measuring cup, that is 8 ozs.

that way you will know how many glasses you need to drink.

i hope this helps.
sometimes we don't know how much water we should be drinking. i wanted to pass this info along to you to help in that area.
Miss Mac, you know so much, just a fountain of knowledge. I drink 52 ozs a day with my Bubba mug. I weigh 145.

anut4disney
08-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Mac, thank you very much for picking up the slack for me the past week and this week. I appreciate your input to everyone so much.

I did not weigh in today. I don't want to know. I will have a better week this week than last and of course I am now walking extra in the mornings and afternoon for my bus so maybe that will help.

Hugs to everyone who is discouraged. Just keep on trying.

January - Wow.

And now, I have some bad news. Well, most likely. The Cinderellabration show goes dark on the 16th of September. That's where the princes and princesses for the meet and greet come from. And the perosn I know who is in that show is the one that set it up.

I don't know what will go on with a new show and I don't know if he is in it or if there will be this type of situation to go to again, but I will ask as the time draws near.

There are still some neat things I have lined up for the top three, but I am truly disappointed that Cinderellabration is ending mid-September. I thought the 30th would be the last day as the new celebration starts the 1st.

I will keep you posted.
Thanks Kat for all your hard work. :hug:

macraven
08-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Miss Mac, you know so much, just a fountain of knowledge. I drink 52 ozs a day with my Bubba mug. I weigh 145.

aw shucks shirley, you're too kind.

half of 145 is 72.5

increase your water by 20 ozs more now and you will see the results within 10 days. i gurantee it........!!

macraven
08-02-2006, 01:25 PM
kat, it was my pleasure to pick up the postings. i just like being a helper here.

if the prince/princess thing goes down, that's okay, we all here are happy you thought of us with a wonderful reward. don't worry about rewarding us.

losing weight is the reward we are striving for.

you have done a fantastic job on creating this thread and doing all the hard work, thank you

i say we should all celebrate together and go to beaches and cream armed with (how many spoons??) about a dozen spoons and take on the kitchen sink.............

kat, if you don't weigh yourself that is fine.
sometimes the mind set we get when we step on the scale works against our efforts to diet and exercise.

it is just not worth it to get upset over a number on a scale that is discouraging. most places say only weigh yourself once a month for the true affect. that's how it is at curves and the ymca.

macraven
08-03-2006, 08:32 PM
an article i was reading, thought i would share.

Downsize Me: Walk to Burn Fat
Get Started
Turn on the TV and you're bound to see an ad for a miracle weight loss gimmick. With all the pills and contraptions, it seems hard to know what will help us lose weight safely. But the answer really is simple: To rid yourself of unwanted pounds all you need are your own legs, some comfortable shoes, and a little open space.

Energy In, Energy Out
When it comes to body weight, remember this: 1 pound = 3500 calories. For every pound you want to lose, you must burn 3500 calories worth of energy. The only way to do that is to move more.
Walking is one of the best forms of exercise. It uses up oxygen, causing your body to burn stored fat. For example, you'll expend about 100 calories by walking a mile. That might not seem like a lot at first, but just think about it. Most people average just under 3 miles through the course of their day. If you add an enjoyable morning jaunt or a brisk evening walk you could easily move 4 miles a day. If you walk 4 miles 4 times a week, you can burn 1600 calories! That's half a pound of fat gone. Add more steps to your day while making sure not to eat more calories than you use, and your body can't help but trim down.
Walking also strengthens muscles, which tones and shapes your body. The increased muscle mass boosts your metabolism. This means you burn calories long after you stop moving. And you don't have to get all of your walking in at once. If you don't have time for long walks, find pockets of time throughout your day for short jaunts.

Maximize Your Walk
Any form of walking burns calories and improves muscle definition. But to get the most from your walk, concentrate on these main points:

* Choose distance over speed. It's better to walk at a steady pace than walk too quickly and have to quit early. As your fitness level improves, you can speed up gradually.

* Go for the hills. To help build your muscles, alternate inclines. Try walking up stairs, bleachers, or hills.

* Warm up slowly. Walk the first few minutes at an easy pace to get your body prepared. If your start is too brisk, you risk burning only the immediate sugar supply in your body rather than the stored fat you want to lose.

Physical activity doesn't have to be hard to produce results; it just has to be steady. Walking lets you work your muscles and burn off stored fat. It's simple, enjoyable, and a good weapon in the battle against bulge.

macraven
08-03-2006, 08:35 PM
this article on water consumption:

During physical activity the body loses water primarily through sweat, even in cold weather or in water. The body has several mechanisms to protect itself from the negative effects of dehydration, but thirst does not occur until the person is already dehydrated!*
The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) points out that as we get older, drinking enough water is especially important because with age our body is less able to regulate our temperature, putting us at increased risk of heat-related illness. Age also affects our ability to stay hydrated during exercise and our ability to recognize when we need more water.
A key to successful workouts is keeping well hydrated before, during and after exercise. The length of your workouts, heat, humidity and the amount you sweat are all major considerations for keeping your body in proper fluid balance.*

Hydration Tips

* Start hydrating early by drinking 1-2 cups of water in the morning

* Keep a water bottle with you all day long

* Drink before you get thirsty

* Drink 1-2 cups of fluid 30 minutes before exercise

* Drink - 1 cup of fluid for every 15 minutes of exercise

* Replenish fluids lost (2 cups for every pound lost during exercise)

* Keep drinking even after your thirst is quenched

Water vs. Sport Drinks
For exercise lasting under 45 minutes, water is your best choice. For the recreational athlete who may exercise 30-40 minutes per session, water is sufficient for hydration:

* Water is easily absorbed

* Water is the best choice to drink before moderate length exercise

* Water is readily available and less expensive than sport drinks

Research suggests that for workouts consisting of at least 45 minutes of continuous exercise or high-intensity workouts of any duration running, aerobics, biking and intense weight training a sports drink may be beneficial in delaying muscle fatigue by providing your body with additional energy:*

* Sport drinks will replenish fluids while containing a small amount of carbohydrates and electrolytes

* A steady source of carbohydrates during prolonged exercise fights off fatigue and enhances performance by fueling the muscles

* Studies show that a solution containing electrolytes and carbohydrates may be absorbed more quickly and helps to retain fluids consumed after prolonged intense exercise

* The taste of a good sport drink may encourage you to keep drinking

Over-hydration
Drinking too much water can cause problems such as water intoxication and, although this is not something most of us have to worry about, it does happen among many exercisers and should be something to be aware of. As the water content of the blood increases, the salt content is diluted; consequently, the amount of salt available to body tissues decreases, which can lead to problems with brain, heart and muscle function.*

Symptoms

* Dizziness

* Nausea

* Apathy

* Confusion

These symptoms can also be attributed to dehydration, so it is important to know your body and know how much you are drinking.*
Remember that you can get your daily water requirements from sources other than pure water. Your cup of tea counts! Water is the main ingredient in all drinks carbonated drinks, fruit juices and even coffee. All these contribute to your daily fluid intake. Fruit and vegetables also have high water content, so proper nutrition is just as important.*

daisy_77
08-05-2006, 12:17 AM

Wendy, don't get discouraged. It has taken me over a year to lose half of what I gained while I was pregnant. Things that are worth it are the hardest sometimes to accomplish. Keep at it, you are doing awesome! :grouphug:

daisy_77
08-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Mac, thank you for the great article!!

I most definitely need to drink more water! :drinking: :teeth:
I drink about half of what I am supposed to...but I do notice that when I drink more water I do a lot better on weigh-in day :thumbsup2

AdventurerKat
08-08-2006, 07:20 AM
Thank you for the article Mac. That's very informative.

Today is weigh in day. I am up two pounds. I must make it go away.

Next.

macraven
08-08-2006, 09:03 AM
i'm down 2 lbs today. think it is due to the fact i have been pushing water.

i hope the rest of you have happy news.

kat, don't fret. its all water weight you have and according to sissy, that doens't count.......... :teeth:

anut4disney
08-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Thank you for the article Mac. That's very informative.

Today is weigh in day. I am up two pounds. I must make it go away.

Next.
Kat, I'm so sorry that you found the two pounds that I lost this week. Don't worry it will be better next week. Take it from someone who didn't lose anything for 2 whole weeks. :hug:

anut4disney
08-08-2006, 09:19 AM
i'm down 2 lbs today. think it is due to the fact i have been pushing water.

i hope the rest of you have happy news.

kat, don't fret. its all water weight you have and according to sissy, that doens't count.......... :teeth:

Way to go Mac.

I hope everyone else has a great weigh in and as everyone has let me know, if you don't or stayed the same just keep plugging away.

AdventurerKat
08-08-2006, 09:31 AM
O.K. girls, please post or PM me with the answers to the following questions:

1. What is your favorite color(s)?
2. What is your favorite character(s)?
3. What is your favorite ride(s)?

Thanks!

daisy_77
08-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Good morning, ladies! :sunny:

Congrats on the weight loss, Mac and Shirley!! Two pounds is awesome!!
I have stayed the same this week. But I continue to keep going and to not give up!

Kat, you are doing great..don't let 2 pounds throw you for a loop!

Keep it going girls!! We will all reach our goals before we know it!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

anut4disney
08-08-2006, 10:36 AM

Thanks!
Okay I have decided I am the most undecisive person when you ask about favorites.

Color - Midnight blue, forest green, yellow & red

Character - Goofy, Tinkerbell, Flower, Thumper

Rides - Haunted Mansion, POTC, Jungle Cruise, It's a Small World. You notice it's all the safe rides. :lmao:

TinksPixieDust
08-08-2006, 10:51 AM

Thanks!
1. Color - all shades of blue
2. Character - Tinkerbell with Minnie as a close second.
3. Ride - Rockin Roller Coaster BABY! Although EE might change my mind. ::yes::

I completely forgot to weigh again this morning before going to curves. I'm so abashed. :blush: I'm glad to hear some people lost this week. ::yes::
Kat, I know its frustrating. :grouphug: Just keep trying. Remember, today is the start of a new day!! Just learn from what you did last week and try to correct it.

I have prolly gained this week, I will find out tomorrow. I have not been drinking nearly as much water as I should be. Going to work on that today.

Mac, Thanks so much for sharing those articles!

Everyone, Thank you for cheering me on. I appreciate it muches. :grouphug:

macraven
08-08-2006, 01:51 PM

Thanks!

gee, i sent my answers by pm to kat but since you homies are posting here, i will copycat.

1. favorite color: BLUE

2. favorite character: DONALD DUCK, my number one man with eyore and tigger a close second way tie.

3. favorite ride: TOT and sometimes HM
can never ever ever get enough of those rides !!

TinksPixieDust
08-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Okay Ladies! Big news here! I -finally- lost some weight!!! :yay: I lost 4 lbs last week! I cant tell you happy i am about that!!! :woohoo:

anut4disney
08-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Okay Ladies! Big news here! I -finally- lost some weight!!! :yay: I lost 4 lbs last week! I cant tell you happy i am about that!!! :woohoo:
:cheer2:

AdventurerKat
08-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Congrats Wendy.

AdventurerKat
08-09-2006, 09:18 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT

The final weigh-in for the DIS Ladies Only Challenge will take place on September 12th. I need to do this in order to have time to get the prizes in order.

So, anyone whose been waiting to give it your all (I won't name any names...like ME) - NOW IS THE TIME!

Good luck!

AdventurerKat
08-09-2006, 09:44 AM
And just a reminder that the top three "winners" will be based on percentage of body weight lost, not actual pounds. This is from when you started to when we finish. :thumbsup2

Good luck! :wizard:

macraven
08-09-2006, 09:46 AM

i am thrilled you lost a lot wendypan !!

congrats, way to go.....

did you push the water that week?

macraven
08-09-2006, 09:47 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT

The final weigh-in for the DIS Ladies Only Challenge will take place on September 12th. I need to do this in order to have time to get the prizes in order.

So, anyone whose been waiting to give it your all (I won't name any names...like ME) - NOW IS THE TIME!

Good luck!

oh man, this throws my schedule off big time.........
i push the low calorie, high protein diet two weeks before i leave.

now i have to up my schedule.

ok, i'm on and ready for it.
thanks for the heads up kat.
i'll plan accordingly

anut4disney
08-09-2006, 12:57 PM
oh man, this throws my schedule off big time.........
i push the low calorie, high protein diet two weeks before i leave.

now i have to up my schedule.

ok, i'm on and ready for it.
thanks for the heads up kat.
i'll plan accordingly

Okay ya'll know that I'm diet challanged what does that mean? I guess I mean what types of food do you eat? I know dumb questions. :blush:

TinksPixieDust
08-09-2006, 01:23 PM
i am thrilled you lost a lot wendypan !!

congrats, way to go.....

did you push the water that week?
::yes:: Yes Ma'am

daisy_77
08-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Okay ya'll know that I'm diet challanged what does that mean? I guess I mean what types of food do you eat? I know dumb questions. :blush:
***Correct me Mac if I am wrong***

Shirley, I am thinking that this is a diet with lean meats, low-fat dairy and fruits and veggies. This is what I am trying to do....I still eat bread and pasta, just very small portions. :thumbsup2 **I also try to drink lots of water now after Mac posted that article. :teeth:

anut4disney
08-09-2006, 03:08 PM
gee, i sent my answers by pm to kat but since you homies are posting here, i will copycat.

1. favorite color: BLUE

2. favorite character: DONALD DUCK, my number one man with eyore and tigger a close second way tie.

3. favorite ride: TOT and sometimes HM
can never ever ever get enough of those rides !!

Miss Mac, you are so brave and I am such a chicken. :lmao:

AdventurerKat
08-10-2006, 03:44 PM
My water is still not going so well lately. I must kick that up if I am going to make my goal.

macraven
08-11-2006, 09:00 AM
My water is still not going so well lately. I must kick that up if I am going to make my goal.

if you have trouble drinking a lot of water, squeeze some lemon in it for a touch of flavor.

remember, divide your weight in half and the number you have is the amount of ounces you should drink daily.

it really will kick in to help you see weight loss.

macraven
08-15-2006, 07:25 AM
i had a good week and lost again.

everyone hang in there.
we are nearing the end of our journey.........i know you all can knock off a couple or more pounds between now and september 12.
got about a month to go.

don't give up.
even taking off a few pounds is better than no pounds.

and most here have started sometime of exercise which is great for your heart.

anut4disney
08-15-2006, 09:44 AM
Well I gained a pound. :sad: I am so disappointed in myself.

I did my third day at curves yesterday and go again Wed & Friday. I'm hoping that will start kicking in.

Congrats Mac on your weight loss. Hope everyone does well this week. :thumbsup2

AdventurerKat
08-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Mac, I don't hate water...i'm just bad about drinking it these days. I used to keep a jug of it by my work at my old job and fill it up at the water cooler a couple times a day. We don't have a cooler here and the tap water is gross. We do have bottled water but I try not to drink more than a couple bottles a day. I need to increase what I am drinking when I get home. I just don't think about it...but I need to.

Congrats on your loss and Shirley, I am sure that pound will come right back off. I am down 1.5 this week. I told you I just keep bouncing around the same few pounds. :Pinkbounc

daisy_77
08-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Good morning, ladies! :sunny:

I am at 162 :sad2: . I am about 30 pounds from not being classified as "overweight"..if I could just get there by my 30th birthday in January, I would be soooo happy! I will just keep plugging along. :goodvibes

Mac, congrats on the weight loss! And thank you for the posting how to figure out how much water we should be drinking! I have been drinking 5 bottles of water for the past few days and I can already tell a big difference in how I feel. I don't feel as sluggish.

Shirley, don't fret about the gain. You are doing awesome! I hope that you keep going strong!

Kat, Congrats on the weight loss! :banana:

macraven
08-15-2006, 02:04 PM
shirley, try to do 35 minutes at curves for it to help increase your metabolism.

and push water. if you are comfortable going to curves 3 times a week, stay with it. you will see better results at 4 times a week. as you go 3/x, you will lose inches and weight but not as fast.

kat, congrats, it has happened and you will break under 200 by trip time.

i push the water is how i dropped 2 this week. without water at the amount i need to intake, my loss is limited.

jannie, wow, that is a very good number. be proud of yourself.

if you aim for mid january for hitting your goal, you can do it.
that is 5 months away at this point. you lose 5 lbs a month and you will get there no doubt.

hoping all have a good week.
i am taking son back to school thursday and know i will have to do resturant eating up to saturday when i return home. that is my downfall.
and, won't be exercising like i want to. unless the elevator is not working at the college dorm and we have to walk up and down the 14 flights of stairs.

he has too much stuff for us to do that. we did it one year but mr mac came the first time son went away to school and he was on the 11th floor that year.
it took us 5 hours of all three of us using the stairs. it wiped me out.

anyhoot, everyone hang in there and you will be happy with next tuesday's results.

i hope to only gain one pound, i know it will happen.
had the foot surgery this morning and can't walk for 2 days so no exercising.
i'll be lucky to get back to curves on saturday if i make it home by noon.

anut4disney
08-16-2006, 08:57 AM
shirley, try to do 35 minutes at curves for it to help increase your metabolism.

and push water. if you are comfortable going to curves 3 times a week, stay with it. you will see better results at 4 times a week. as you go 3/x, you will lose inches and weight but not as fast.
kat, congrats, it has happened and you will break under 200 by trip time.

i push the water is how i dropped 2 this week. without water at the amount i need to intake, my loss is limited.

jannie, wow, that is a very good number. be proud of yourself.

if you aim for mid january for hitting your goal, you can do it.
that is 5 months away at this point. you lose 5 lbs a month and you will get there no doubt.

hoping all have a good week.
i am taking son back to school thursday and know i will have to do resturant eating up to saturday when i return home. that is my downfall.
and, won't be exercising like i want to. unless the elevator is not working at the college dorm and we have to walk up and down the 14 flights of stairs.

he has too much stuff for us to do that. we did it one year but mr mac came the first time son went away to school and he was on the 11th floor that year.
it took us 5 hours of all three of us using the stairs. it wiped me out.

anyhoot, everyone hang in there and you will be happy with next tuesday's results.

i hope to only gain one pound, i know it will happen.
had the foot surgery this morning and can't walk for 2 days so no exercising.
i'll be lucky to get back to curves on saturday if i make it home by noon.

Thanks for your help Miss Mac.

The lady that trained me stressed that she only wanted me doing the machines 3 x's a week but I could come in and do the cardio part. I actually did think about going 3 times around instead of the 2 and see if that helps, sometimes it seems that as soon as I get started I'm finished, if that makes sense.

I am doing the water though I still have lapses, more on the weekends then the weekdays. At work I have my Bubba mug and a big ice machine and keep it filled all day long. At home I have well water...ugh! :)

TinksPixieDust
08-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Hello Ladies! Grats to all of those that lost this week and keep chugging along to those that didnt. What I gained this month is brought to you by TOM. The name I think that all women everywhere -hate- the most! Hopefully next week will be much much MUCH better for me! That is all. :grouphug:

Princess Michelle
08-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Hi girls, I'm really sorry that I haven't been around the last couple of weeks. Just have a lot going on here lately. I haven't been going to the gym or eating right and it shows. I gained 3 more lbs. so now I've only lost 3 for the challenge. That disappoints me but at the same time it also gets me motivated to get back in control. I've been having a lot of problems physically lately and going through some things emotionally too. Fighting fatigue has been really getting to me. Some days I'll be standing there at work wondering how I'm going to keep my eyelids open for one more hour. It's time to get back on track though, if I don't then more pounds will creep up and join the ones I've already gained. My mom wants to do The Fat Smash Diet, if you haven't heard of it, it's used by some of the people on Celebrity Fit Club. She got the book yesterday. I thought I would do it with her, I don't have anything to lose but weight, right? We start the detox phase tomorrow. It's supposed to last 9 days but I think if it goes well I will just stay in detox for the rest of the month. So wish me luck. I probably won't start back at the gym until Monday. I'm going to rest this weekend and hopefully it will recharge my batteries, I've been doing a lot lately and I need to slow down.

Kat, here are my answers to your questions ~

1. What is your favorite color(s)? PINK!
2. What is your favorite character(s)? Tigger, Stitch, Tinkerbelle, Belle
3. What is your favorite ride(s)? Splash Mountain, Test Track, Thunder Mountain and Primevil Whirl.

AdventurerKat
08-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey Michelle. Hang in there. :goodvibes Let us know how your new plan goes!

And now for an announcement.

There are 4 weeks of weigh-ins left for the DIS Ladies Only Challenge. You must report your weight to me these last four weeks or I am going to assume you are no longer participating. Several people have dropped out since the inception and I am going to assume from this point on that if you aren't reporting, you aren't participating. If you have been slacking on the weigh-ins in the past, and I am guilty of it myself, please don't do it now as I don't want to lose track of you as an active participant. :thumbsup2

Thank you. That is all.

AdventurerKat
08-19-2006, 07:47 PM
January, I need your answer to the three questions. If you PMed them to me and I zapped them, I'm sorry. I can't find record of it. Beth, I need your answers to the questions too.

mommaU4
08-19-2006, 08:44 PM

Thanks!
Hi Kat,
These are my answers:
1. Pink
2. I like the Princesses. :teeth:
3. Splash Mountain

Sorry, I didn't see those. I haven't been here much. We have about 5 weeks left before the trip and my goal is to lose 10 lbs before the trip.

On me, 10 lbs is like one drop in a huge water well. :rolleyes: But it's a start and then if I gain while I am there, I won't be adding to what I already am.

I hope everyone is doing great. :cheer2:

AdventurerKat
08-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Thank you Beth. Be sure to report your weight the next four weeks. Last date to weigh in is September 12th. :thumbsup2

macraven
08-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Hi girls, I'm really sorry that I haven't been around the last couple of weeks. Just have a lot going on here lately. I haven't been going to the gym or eating right and it shows. I gained 3 more lbs. so now I've only lost 3 for the challenge. That disappoints me but at the same time it also gets me motivated to get back in control. I've been having a lot of problems physically lately and going through some things emotionally too. Fighting fatigue has been really getting to me. Some days I'll be standing there at work wondering how I'm going to keep my eyelids open for one more hour. It's time to get back on track though, if I don't then more pounds will creep up and join the ones I've already gained. My mom wants to do The Fat Smash Diet, if you haven't heard of it, it's used by some of the people on Celebrity Fit Club. She got the book yesterday. I thought I would do it with her, I don't have anything to lose but weight, right? We start the detox phase tomorrow. It's supposed to last 9 days but I think if it goes well I will just stay in detox for the rest of the month. So wish me luck. I probably won't start back at the gym until Monday. I'm going to rest this weekend and hopefully it will recharge my batteries, I've been doing a lot lately and I need to slow down.

Kat, here are my answers to your questions ~

1. What is your favorite color(s)? PINK!
2. What is your favorite character(s)? Tigger, Stitch, Tinkerbelle, Belle
3. What is your favorite ride(s)? Splash Mountain, Test Track, Thunder Mountain and Primevil Whirl.

i wish you more than luck princess, i wish you hope.

you will suceed.

look at it this way, you have lost and kept off 3 lbs. that is 3 lbs less that you still weigh now. that is a start.

sarah mentioned some sort of diet her and her grandma went on that detoxed her system. don't know if the one you are starting is the same.
i would have to go back and read what she listed before.

do whatever works for you. make it your own diet program.
many times we need a quick weight loss to keep us encouraged.

i am thinking of you princess. you will lose weight

TinksPixieDust
08-20-2006, 10:04 AM
i wish you more than luck princess, i wish you hope.

you will suceed.

look at it this way, you have lost and kept off 3 lbs. that is 3 lbs less that you still weigh now. that is a start.

sarah mentioned some sort of diet her and her grandma went on that detoxed her system. don't know if the one you are starting is the same.
i would have to go back and read what she listed before.

do whatever works for you. make it your own diet program.
many times we need a quick weight loss to keep us encouraged.

i am thinking of you princess. you will lose weight
This Detox thing sounds intresting. Does anyone know what it is called exactly? I am thinking I may want to try it out. ::yes::

macraven
08-22-2006, 08:04 AM
hope all of you had a great week.

i had lost this past week then put it back on.
i am in my yo you phase.

after all the dieting and exercise, i weigh the same this week.
:)

which is better than gaining for me.

AdventurerKat
08-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Better than gaining for me too, Mac. :thumbsup2 I am the same. I'll take it.

Next! Remember - you must weigh in these last four weeks to be considered as participating in the WISH challenge.

Princess Michelle
08-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Well, we're three for three, I stayed the same this week as well.

Well, the detox thing wasn't working for me. I felt so deprived and unsatisfied that I went overboard and ate a lot of really fattening foods to make up for it. *sigh* Now my mom on the other hand, she loves all the foods that are on the detox list and has already lost 5lbs. in the last 4 days. I moved on to phase II of the plan where you can have lean meats and some dairy products again. I was much happier yesterday and didn't feel the need to binge on something unhealthy. It's amazing what a chicken breast and an ounce of cheese will do for you. LOL

So, we'll see how it goes from here. :thumbsup2

anut4disney
08-22-2006, 09:35 AM
:sad: I gained 1/2 lb. I can't even blame it on the b-day party because I was in range of what I was allowed in calories and fat intake. Didn't even eat cake or ice cream, course I'm not really into sweets anyhow so it wasn't a biggie.

Yesterday was my 8th visit to curves and I have been going around the equipment 3 times instead of the 2 that is normal. I won't be back there until next Monday.

I hope that everyone loses or at least stays the same this week.

sahbushka
08-22-2006, 09:51 AM
HI all! When we first started this I weighed 238. I am currently down to 220! I hope to lose another 10 before the trip. My original goal was to be below 200, but if I lose the 10, I will be close. I know I have had major ups and downs and haven't been on this thread in months, but I am going to try to be on more these next few weeks!
Sarah
P.S. Good luck everyone!

TinksPixieDust
08-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Hello everyone!!! :wave2: I actually remember to weigh myself this morning! :woohoo:I was able to lose 1 lb this week! Ive been drinking lots of water but this week and I am going to drink more!! Grats to everyone who lost or stayed the same! That is great! Keep up the work everyone! It will pay off in the end. :teeth:

kelsco99
08-22-2006, 11:19 AM

1. What is your favorite color(s)? Brownish Reddish Orangish???
2. What is your favorite character(s)? Captain Jack Sparrow Tinkerbell
3. What is your favorite ride(s)? Tower of Terror :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Sorry I haven't been around ladies. I am here now. I am trying to convince myself to get back on track. I have been pretty lucky this summer to maintain what I lost in the spring so I don't have to start all over. :goodvibes

sahbushka
08-23-2006, 09:21 AM
HI all! When we first started this I weighed 238. I am currently down to 220! I hope to lose another 10 before the trip. My original goal was to be below 200, but if I lose the 10, I will be close. I know I have had major ups and downs and haven't been on this thread in months, but I am going to try to be on more these next few weeks!
Sarah
P.S. Good luck everyone!

Opps, I was wrong about my starting weight...it was 232....so 12 gone.
Sarah

sahbushka
08-23-2006, 09:26 AM

Thanks!
Favorite color is ....hmmm....that's a tough one. I guess maybe green...or is it blue...possibley a strong pink....yep all of those are my favorite colors
Favorite character is tinker bell
Favorite ride is splash mountain

mommaU4
08-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Note to self: DO NOT BUY CROISSANTS!!! :sad2: :sad2:

So far I have had four, yes FOUR, large buttery croissants today. Well, there goes any weight I lost (which was minimal to begin with). :rolleyes:

macraven
08-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Note to self: DO NOT BUY CROISSANTS!!! :sad2: :sad2:

So far I have had four, yes FOUR, large buttery croissants today. Well, there goes any weight I lost (which was minimal to begin with). :rolleyes:

whine, whine, whine.............i always eat tuesdays after weigh ins and wednesdays...........

ok, i ate 4 chalupas today.
4 of my goodies equals double of your croissant goodies....... :rolleyes1

mommaU4
08-25-2006, 03:05 PM
I was hoping to lose at least 10 pounds before this trip but I don't know if that's going to happen.
Why is it I can do okay for a few days and then seem to lose all will power???

And yes, I am whining. :teeth: It's what I do best. ;)

AdventurerKat
08-29-2006, 07:03 AM
Good morning all. Weigh in day. I am up 1.5...but this doesn't surprise me. :guilty:

macraven
08-29-2006, 08:32 AM
kit kat, i am sorry you gained but you still have to trip time to lose it.
i know you will.
you have been pretty steady in meeting the big goals.
it will happen, wait and see.

i'm down 2 lbs today. haven't been over eating and following a new plan.
i will type it out after my 10:20 doc appt today. it is good and it has made a difference for me. the only way i have been able to get a couple of pounds off in a week. i will be back later to post it.

i am very hopeful the rest of you are still on track. it can be accomplished.
you all have been successful, very successful on some of the weeks.

just by being able to lose should tell you it is possible.

of course, after all my hard work since we started, i will gain 10 lbs back during the trip. but, once i return home, it will come off again.

i am tired, very tired of yo yo dieting and this is the last year i will be doing that.

wish you all the best of luck and joy in today's weigh in !!

sahbushka
08-29-2006, 09:10 AM
I weighed in at 215 this morning which I think is down 5 from last week. The Isagenix program I am doing is working pretty well for me! Hope you all are having a good week.
Sarah

TinksPixieDust
08-29-2006, 09:11 AM
:wave2: Hello ladies!! I dont check here as often as I should. :sad2: I have once again forgotten to weigh in this morning. I will do it tomorrow. Here's wishing everyone good luck! :grouphug:

sahbushka
08-29-2006, 09:19 AM
This Detox thing sounds intresting. Does anyone know what it is called exactly? I am thinking I may want to try it out. ::yes::
It's called Isagenix. The first 9 days are a cleanse. 2 days of the cleanse liquid and water only....then 5 days of 2 shakes and one 600 calorie wholesome meal...and then 2 more days of the cleanse liquid and water. I lost 15 my first 9 days and then I went ahead and kept doing the program which is 1 cleanse day a week and 6 days with 2 shakes and 1 600 cal meal. I think if you just type in isagenix you should be able to find the website and if you are interested in doing it, just let me know. I can sign you up and help you get started.
Sarah

daisy_77
08-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Good morning ladies! :sunny:

Congrats to all the losers! :cheer2:

I gained a whole lotta weight and that is all I have to say about that! :p

I hope that everyone continues to kick butt!! :banana:

TinksPixieDust
08-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Good morning ladies! :sunny:

Congrats to all the losers! :cheer2:

I gained a whole lotta weight and that is all I have to say about that! :p

I hope that everyone continues to kick butt!! :banana:
:grouphug:

Sarah is it something I would have to pay for to do?

anut4disney
08-29-2006, 12:40 PM
OMG, I finally got in.

Hello everyone. Well I gained a pound this week and considering I was on vacation I guess that isn't too bad. I'm not happy but it could be worse I guess.

Congrats to those that lost and stayed the same. Those of us who gained just hang in there and it will be better next week.

TinksPixieDust
08-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Hmmm... Okay. This week was just bad. :sad2: I gained weight again. I'm thinking I finally figured out why though. I started to gain weight back when I started to have "drinks". Lastnight I had 4 :sad2: Each one of them has pop mixed with it. The thing is I dont drink that much. Perhaps that coupled with snacking is the cause?? Anyway.... not really sure. slightly hung over this morning.

sahbushka
08-30-2006, 10:16 AM

Sarah is it something I would have to pay for to do?
You have to pay for the product however there is't a fee to joi.
Sarah

AdventurerKat
09-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Good morning everyone. Last two weigh-ins this week and next. The home stretch so give it your all!

I have lost 2.5 pounds. 1.5 are ones that have been participating in my lose em, gain em pattern, and 1 pound was a new one so I am happy about that.

Good luck today.

macraven
09-05-2006, 07:49 AM
kit kat, congrats !! you are on your way girl. you will lose more this week i bet.

my personal life was a zero this week but i did drop 2 lbs. the hard way.

i hope everyone here is happy with today's weigh in they have.

later i will post the article on kicking it in and losing weight the easy way.
it is from a magazine article. i do not have a scanner so i will have to type it all out.
i will get to it soon.

hope you all are happy.

anut4disney
09-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Good morning ladies.

I finally lost some weight. I lost 2 1/2 lbs this week. :woohoo:

I went and bought jeans yesterday and went from a 16 to a 14 in size. :cheer2: I was so tickled, my old jeans looked so baggy.

I hope eveyone has a great weigh in. Congrats Kat and Miss Mac.

sahbushka
09-05-2006, 09:38 AM
I am only down one this week but that makes sense with TOM here. Wishing everyone good luck this coming week!
Sarah

macraven
09-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Good morning ladies.

I finally lost some weight. I lost 2 1/2 lbs this week. :woohoo:

I went and bought jeans yesterday and went from a 16 to a 14 in size. :cheer2: I was so tickled, my old jeans looked so baggy.

I hope eveyone has a great weigh in. Congrats Kat and Miss Mac.

shirley by what you have posted before i thought you and i were the same weight.
when you listed your size, that threw me off.

i think we are the same height and weight from what i read earlier.
you would be in size 8 now wouldn't you?
well, you will be by september trip time.
don't toss your old jeans away, i might need them after my 14 day stay and free food at disney......

congrats on the weight loss and size change.
that sure does make one smile !!

macraven
09-05-2006, 11:12 AM
this tip will help you tone up and lose weight. for sure.
it's worked for me and it will work for you.

if you can't do the entire walk, do what you can.
the main thing is to make it part of your routine.

this is the article.
it's a lot for me to type. hope the computer doesn't die on me.

Good Housekeeping Sept 2006:

e
Every day for four weeks, spend 26 minutes walking: a 3 minute warm up, a 20 minute power walk, and a 3 minute cooldown period.

For maximum weight loss, walk in the morning and on an empty stomach.

Why? Some research suggests that exercising before you eat breakfast may help you whittle down faster. The reason: When your body is full of food, your insulin levels rise - and when those levels are elevated, you can't burn fat.
Walking in the morning means you probably have not eaten in the last 6-7 hours.

Find the right pace for you. Go too slow for your level and you can hit a weight loss plateau. Exercise so hard that you end up super sore for days and you will do the worst thing possible, lose your motivation.

To find the best stride, try to talk while you are walking and see how hard it is.
You should not be pushing too hard, you should have enough breath to carry on a converstion. However, if you are able to talk nonstop for 20 minutes, you are not moving fast enough.
An avid walker? Chatting should leave you huffing and puffing.

Over the weeks, you will grow stronger, so you need to bump up your speed or walk up hills to keep the fat burning.

If you want to lose even more weight over the next four weeks, stick to a 1,450 calorie daily diet.

If you are not a walker, start slowly now. It is recommended to do a straight 20 minute exercise without breaks to be effective in losing weight.

If you need to lose weight after the trip, start the 4 week program when you get back. You will lose those extra pounds you found in the motherland.

hope this helps you. it has for me. just wanted to share how i have been able to take off some of the unwanted pounds this past month.

macraven
09-05-2006, 11:23 AM
If you do not have anyone to walk with, which is my case also, you can sing a song in place of chatting with someone.

it has the same effect.

the talking/singing while walking is to let you judge the pace you are doing.
at the end of your walk, it should be harder to talk/sing at the pace you started out with.

if you walk, talk/sing the entire 20 minutes and it hasn't fazed you at all, then you need to step up the pace and try to walk at a faster pace.

TinksPixieDust
09-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Hello ladies! I stayed the same this week! Thank GOD!! I was afraid that I'd gained some more. :sad2: I hope that everyone has a great weigh in!!!

daisy_77
09-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Hi, ladies! Congrats Kat, Mac, Shirley and Sarah for you accomplishments!

I have lost 3 this week. But I am still heavier than I was a few weeks ago. I hope that next week I can get back to where I was. It is our last weigh-in! I cannot believe how fast time flies!

macraven
09-05-2006, 02:00 PM
congrats jannie.

loosing 3 lbs is great !!

AdventurerKat
09-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Mac, thank you so much for this information. I saw two people out walking this AM and I thought I should really try doing it before work. It will still be dark out but its cool and the path is lit and a sidewalk. Its interesting to see what it says on an empty stomach.

I also want to say :woohoo: This is the first week in a long time that everyone has lost or stayed the same. No one gained this week!!

We have one more week left so give it all you've got this week and go for it! :thumbsup2

this tip will help you tone up and lose weight. for sure.
it's worked for me and it will work for you.

if you can't do the entire walk, do what you can.
the main thing is to make it part of your routine.

this is the article.
it's a lot for me to type. hope the computer doesn't die on me.

Good Housekeeping Sept 2006:

e
Every day for four weeks, spend 26 minutes walking: a 3 minute warm up, a 20 minute power walk, and a 3 minute cooldown period.

For maximum weight loss, walk in the morning and on an empty stomach.

Why? Some research suggests that exercising before you eat breakfast may help you whittle down faster. The reason: When your body is full of food, your insulin levels rise - and when those levels are elevated, you can't burn fat.
Walking in the morning means you probably have not eaten in the last 6-7 hours.

Find the right pace for you. Go too slow for your level and you can hit a weight loss plateau. Exercise so hard that you end up super sore for days and you will do the worst thing possible, lose your motivation.

To find the best stride, try to talk while you are walking and see how hard it is.
You should not be pushing too hard, you should have enough breath to carry on a converstion. However, if you are able to talk nonstop for 20 minutes, you are not moving fast enough.
An avid walker? Chatting should leave you huffing and puffing.

Over the weeks, you will grow stronger, so you need to bump up your speed or walk up hills to keep the fat burning.

If you want to lose even more weight over the next four weeks, stick to a 1,450 calorie daily diet.

If you are not a walker, start slowly now. It is recommended to do a straight 20 minute exercise without breaks to be effective in losing weight.

If you need to lose weight after the trip, start the 4 week program when you get back. You will lose those extra pounds you found in the motherland.

hope this helps you. it has for me. just wanted to share how i have been able to take off some of the unwanted pounds this past month.

TinksPixieDust
09-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Mac, thank you so much for this information. I saw two people out walking this AM and I thought I should really try doing it before work. It will still be dark out but its cool and the path is lit and a sidewalk. Its interesting to see what it says on an empty stomach.

I also want to say :woohoo: This is the first week in a long time that everyone has lost or stayed the same. No one gained this week!!

We have one more week left so give it all you've got this week and go for it! :thumbsup2

WOOT!!! That's awsome!!! :Pinkbounc

TinksPixieDust
09-07-2006, 08:29 AM
I just got back from Curves and I started on my diet again. The one I was doing when I first started the challenge. I hope it will help me melt off some more poundage. How is everyone's week going? I hope good! :grouphug:

AdventurerKat
09-08-2006, 05:18 PM
I just got back from Curves and I started on my diet again. The one I was doing when I first started the challenge. I hope it will help me melt off some more poundage. How is everyone's week going? I hope good! :grouphug:

Good for you Wendy. I cheated and weighed myself this morning. I've lost another pound, I think because I have been sick. I doubt it will still be gone by Tuesday. ;)

TinksPixieDust
09-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Here's to hoping right? :teeth:

macraven
09-09-2006, 10:02 AM
the only great thing about having veritgo is the weight loss.

lost 5 lbs since i have been sick.
but then, i can't eat and keep food down.
so when i recover from this attack, i am sure my friendly pounds will come back home to me.......... :teeth:

TinksPixieDust
09-09-2006, 11:33 AM
the only great thing about having veritgo is the weight loss.

lost 5 lbs since i have been sick.
but then, i can't eat and keep food down.
so when i recover from this attack, i am sure my friendly pounds will come back home to me.......... :teeth:

macraven
09-11-2006, 08:00 AM
tip of the day...

one more day to go to the finals.
gee, i hope i passed...........

Answers from SparkPeople's Fitness Experts

Question: How do I know if I've reached a plateau? What can I do to jump start my weight loss again?

Expert Answer: If you've been exercising and cutting calories for several weeks, and you're no longer seeing the same results that you experienced in the beginning, then you've probably hit a plateau. This occurs when your progress comes to a standstill, and can be described as not making any "gains" (such as improving your fitness level or losing weight), but not necessarily moving backwards (losing endurance or gaining weight).

Because every individual is unique, there's no way to actually predict when a plateau might happen. However, the principles of nutrition, rest, and variation will jumpstart your body, mind, and metabolism. There are 3 articles in the Resource Center that explore these concepts in further detail:

Plateau Busters- Part 1 focuses on eating the right nutrients at the right times.
Plateau Busters- Part 2 focuses on the importance of rest in your exercise program.
Plateau Busters- Part 3 discusses how to add variety to your workouts.

Time Involved: A few minutes

Body Benefit: Improved fitness and weight loss

No Need to Stretch the Truth about Resistance Bands
Dealing with Boredom in Your Diet

AdventurerKat
09-12-2006, 07:29 AM
Today is the last weigh in day so please don't forget.

macraven
09-12-2006, 07:36 AM
a quick run by.......

:moped:

have to get ready for work.

i wish you all the best and the challenge continues even after today.

if you did not meet your goal, lets continue it after the trip.

if you did meet your goal, then stay on this thread and encourage the rest of us.

btw, i did not met my goal but did drop over more than what i thought i would.

TinksPixieDust
09-12-2006, 09:25 AM
:yay: If I'm remembering my weight correctly from last week I've lost 5 lbs this week.

sahbushka
09-12-2006, 09:48 AM
I believe I am also down 5 this week. Today I weighed in at 209! This is very excting for me as I have met my revised goal of being under 210 before the trip and I also have a small chance of getting down to me other goal of being below 200 for the trip. I don't know if that will happen, but I will sure give it a good try!
Sarah

anut4disney
09-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Good morning ladies.

Well I lost 1/2 lbs this week, which gives me the grand total of a weight loss of http://bestsmileys.com/music2/3.gif 15 1/2 lbs. Not as much as I wanted but a darn sight better than I was. :cheer2:

I am hoping to continue to work on my weight and hope that we can still come in once a week and give each other moral support. I know once our trip is over I will need to come here. Even though I don't eat a lot of sweets the main meals will probably do me in. :teeth:

Good luck to everyone for their weigh in today.

Kat, thanks so much for all your hard work getting this together and keeping the chart for the challenge.

Mac, thanks for all the good advice that you give, I don't know what I would do without you.

I want to thank everyone else who comes in and gives support to carry on. Why do I feel like I'm accepting the Oscar?

I think one of the best things that has happened to me in a long time was you ladies coming into my life.

AdventurerKat
09-12-2006, 07:53 PM
And so today we close the Official DIS Ladies Only Trip WISH Challenge. I just want to say:

WOW.

All of you have inspired me during this in your own way. From Mac with all her advice and encouragement to all to January who thanked me every single week without fail for starting this to Michelle with the silly Tigger in her signature that made me smile when she weighed in. All of you in your own way. Thank you.

I said this several times on this thread and I will say it one last time. I feel the only way anyone would have failed in this challenge would be if they just didn't try at all. We all had bad weeks, some of us might not have tried as hard as we could (yep, that would be me) but by weighing in each week everyone was accountable for their actions and paying attention to what they were doing. I know I won't be able to have a Tuesday without stepping on the scale now. ;)

I plan on continuing myself. I lost 11.5 from when I first started working on this to now. Not alot for someone of my weight, but its 11.5 pounds I am sure I would not have lost otherwise. And I know I can do better. And I will continue to strive to do better til I reach my goal. I hope the rest of you will as well.

For the record books, the final few of us lost a collective 131 pounds. A couple people have not weighed in yet today, but I'm going to call that good. 131 pounds. All I could say when I added that up was, as above, wow.

I have my top three and I will keep that a secret until we're at WDW. But congratulations to everyone. I'm very proud of all of you for sticking with it all this time. :grouphug:

sahbushka
09-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks so much for doing this kat. Even when I was not actively participating, I always knew you all were there and that was helpfull when I was trying to get back on track.
Sarah