PDA

View Full Version : DIS Ladies Only Meet 2006 Weight Loss Challenge - Starts March 28

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Princess Michelle
04-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Well, I had a fairly decent day. I think I made good choices. I had grapes and a banana for breakfast, a wrap sandwich for lunch (I love them, can you tell? LOL) and some rice with chicken, carrots and peas for dinner. I also had some pound cake with strawberries and fat free cool whip this afternoon. So I'm happy with my day.

I need to go get my bag packed for tomorrow morning so I'm ready to start out the week right hitting the gym.

See you all in the morning! :wave2:

macraven
04-02-2006, 10:42 PM
:wave2:

Princess Michelle
04-03-2006, 07:51 AM
Have a good week, Mac! We'll be thinking about you. ::yes::

It's a new week ladies! Hopefully our first week has helped us learn some things that work for us and some things that don't. I'm not really looking forward to my first weigh-in tomorrow. Just never know what those scales are gonna say no matter how well you've done. I try not to focus on them and focus more on how I feel, how my clothes fit and how many inches I've lost but I won't take my measurements again until May 1st so right now the scales are my well, scale of how I'm doing.

I'm re-working my exercise routine this week and we'll see how it goes. Last week I did 3, 45 minute sessions on the treadmill, 1 session of upper body strength training followed by 20 minutes on the treadmill and 1 session of lower body strength training w/abs followed by 20 minutes on the treadmill.

I didn't feel like this was enough strength training for me but I didn't want to sacrifice my cardio workouts either so this week I'm going to try this routine. I'm going to do upper body/30 minutes on the treadmill first day, lower body/abs/30 minutes on the treadmill second day, 45 minutes on the treadmill third day, upper body/30 minutes on treadmill fourth day and lower body/abs/30 minutes on the treadmill fifth day. I'm only losing 10 minutes of cardio from my original routine and I think this will be far more beneficial. We'll see how it goes.

Breakfast today is my usual naval orange and two sausage links, snack is my usual fat free yogurt, lunch is red bell pepper strips and some colby jack cheese, dinner will be beef stew. I'm pretty much a creature of habit for breafast/lunch. I eat the same stuff over and over again, I do have several lunches I rotate through but dinner is really my only variety. LOL I wish I had a real job with a real lunch break. :sad2:

Well, I have to be off now. You ladies have a great day! :sunny:

sahbushka
04-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Morning ladies. I had a pretty good weekend. I think I may have lost 2lbs this week which I would be happy with since I have been losing weight for a month now and I know it should be starting to average out to about that each week. I am having pizza tonight! I am sharing it with my MIL and DH and we are getting one that I know the WW points for so I know exactly how many slices I can have, etc. I have been pretty happy with the progress so far. And I have learned to adapt my favorites to lower point meals without losing the flavor! I made a great potato casserole yesterday! It was hard to believe that it was something I could eat without gaining weight! Yeah WW! Anyway, hope you are all doing well. I need to work on getting more excersize this week, though I watched a lot less tv this weekend and played on the floor with my son a bunch more. We even walked down to a local park for him to go on a swing for the first time! He loved it and he also loved crawling around on the grass which I let him do until he started trying to eat pinecones! Have a great one!
Sarah

sahbushka
04-03-2006, 03:10 PM
All right ladies, this thread is becoming a dead zone! Lets spice it up! What is your fav low cal/point/whatever meal/recipe? I have a chimichanga recipe that I love but as I am at work, can't post it right now. I will post it when I get home late tonight! So lets see them!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Hey all. I'm back from Orlando. Exhausted, but back.

Second weigh in tomorrow. Look forward to hearing from you all in the a.m. :)

Princess Michelle
04-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Welcome Back, Kat! I hope you had a nice trip!

Have my fingers crossed that I'll have something good to PM you in the morning! :wizard:

k_hase
04-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I missed you guys all weekend, I was in Chicago for a conference and just caught up with the posts. SOunds like everyone is doing great!

Tammy- muscle weighs more than fat and muscle burns calories to stay alive, so its good. To lose more fat in addition to building muscle you need cardio work, a good 30 minutes a day will do it. And don't weigh yourself everyday!! A person's weight can fluctuate as much as 5 pounds from day to day due to water weight, sodium intake, food digested etc. Once a week is plenty, once every two weeks is better.

Michelle-you're doing awesome!!

Mac-I'm with you on the "I ate it and now I have to live with it", I promised no purging too. And I ate Chicago stuffed pizza yesterday til I thought I would burst and it triggered me. But I didn't do it. I hated feeling the food in me, but I didn't do it.

And as for cravings, don't deny yourself. Just have a little bit!

I didn't get to run much this weekend, I have nagging achilles injury that kept me out it, I get a treatment for it on wednesday and should be fine.

brunette8706
04-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Hi All!

I was reading the WISH board and I'm definitely interested in losing the weight on the March 28th challange, even though it is April 3. I'm 5'7", and would like to lose 70 pounds. Weight watchers didn't work for me. My problem is sweets. I can't just have one cookie I eat the whole darn box. Something with sugar just gets me addicted and I can't stop.

Any suggestions on how to get started???? We bought a villa 8 miles from Disney so we will be going to WDW 6-10 times a year.

Thank all for you help.
brunette :rolleyes1

2BigKIdz
04-04-2006, 05:42 AM
Welcome back Kat :yay:

Good Morning Ladies! :wave2:

I lost 2lbs since last Tuesday!!! :thumbsup2 That's pretty good since I was bad most of the weekend! :rolleyes1 I'm still exercising and I can really tell a difference in just a week in my energy level. I didn't nap at all this weekend! I'm not as hungry and I'm getting used to not eating all night long. Definitely need to make some better choices on meals but I'm working on it and that's what counts (right?)

Good luck this week everyone! :cheer2: :bounce: ::yes::

Marseeya
04-04-2006, 06:34 AM
Welcome back Kat :yay:

Good Morning Ladies! :wave2:

I lost 2lbs since last Tuesday!!! :thumbsup2 That's pretty good since I was bad most of the weekend! :rolleyes1 I'm still exercising and I can really tell a difference in just a week in my energy level. I didn't nap at all this weekend! I'm not as hungry and I'm getting used to not eating all night long. Definitely need to make some better choices on meals but I'm working on it and that's what counts (right?)

Good luck this week everyone! :cheer2: :bounce: ::yes::

Great job! :cheer2:

I'm down three, which is surprising considering the weekend I had too. :rolleyes: I have read, though, that if you're doing well during the week you can pretty much have whatever you want on the weekends. You won't lose weight as quickly, but it'll still come off. That's the way I did it when I was on WW. I'd eat my exact points all week, then use my flex points over the weekend. Just one meal at Olive Garden took care of those flex points. :rotfl:

Princess Michelle
04-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Kim, I'm proud of you for hanging in there and not giving into that urge! Way to go! I know it was hard but you did it and that's great. I hope your tendon is better soon, those are so bothersome.

2BigKIdz, Congratulations on the 2lb. Loss! :woohoo:

Marseeya, Way to go losing 3lbs.! :banana:

Welcome Brunette! Best WISHes to you! :cheer2:

Well, I'm disappointed to say that I didn't lose anything this week, didn't gain either but man, it feels like I worked so hard for nothing. I'm doing my best not to let it get me down but it's hard. I know that when you start a new exercise program, especially strength training that it takes a little bit for your body to adjust and the pounds to start coming off. I just felt like I did so good last week and it made me sad to see no visible results. I know other people are seeing it already though because this lady I work with who doesn't even speak much english told me yesterday "Michelle, you diet?" I said yes and she made a motion of a curvy figure and gave me a thumbs up sign :thumbsup2 . That meant so much to me because with her not speaking english I know she meant it, she had no idea I was trying to lose weight. So I'm just going to hang in there and keep doing what I'm doing. I don't count calories but I did add them up for the day this morning just to make sure I'm not having to many and I'm not, not even on my heavier eating days. So I'll just keep going.

I hope you all have a great day! :sunny:

anut4disney
04-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Well didn't do great at all because I can't seem to get motivated to exercise. I lost 1/2 lb as of this morning, yesterday morning it was 1lb but I must have done something wrong last night, oh yeah I remember I had 4 thin mints. :blush:

Well maybe better luck next week. Everyone else is doing great. :thumbsup2

Trish5768
04-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Great job, ladies. :thumbsup2

I'm down 2 pounds this week. Which is a relief.

Keep up the good work, everyone. :cheer2:

sahbushka
04-04-2006, 11:17 AM
I am also down 2 this week! Way to go ladies! We are all doing a great job just by attempting this. And as we can see by the different posts, some are having a good weight loss week and others, though they did a great job, aren't seeing the numbers they want! I for one want to say that we are all going to experience weeks like this where we have tried so hard, but the numbers just didn't go in our favor! There will also be those weeks where a lot of weight comes off, numbers wise, even though we don't have a good week as far as eating and excersize goes. The trick is to be as consistent as possible with your good efforts. The weight will come off eventually. We just need to keep trying and keep doing our best! So way to go on a great week, and keep up the good work!
Sarah

sahbushka
04-04-2006, 11:29 AM
My recipe for Baked Turkey & Jack Cheese Chimichangas

1 serving cooking spray
1/2 lb uncooked lean ground turkey breast
16oz Fat Free canned Refried Beans
8oz salsa
4 1/2 oz canned green chili peppers-mild, drained, and diced
1 tsp chili powder
1 cup shredded Reduced Fat Monterrey Jack Cheese
8 Large borrito size wheat flour tortillas
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup Fat Free sour cream

Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Coat a 13x9x2 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add turkey to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned-about 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid from pan and then add beans, 8 oz salsa, chili peppers and chili powder. Cook until heated through-about 3 minutes. Stir in cheese. Meanwhile wrap toritillas in foil-warm in oven 10 minutes. Assemble chimichangas by spooning about 1/2 cup of turkey mixture onto each tortilla. Fold in sides and roll up. Place chimichangas in prepared baking dish and bake uncovered 20 minutes. Serve topped with 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream.

These are delicious and are loved by everyone I have ever served them to. You can not tell that they are a low calorie meal! On ww they would be around 6 points each, depending on the type of tortilla you buy. Hope you like them!
Sarah

anut4disney
04-04-2006, 11:53 AM
I found this site that checks calories for food but also has some low-cal recipes to try.

http://www.calorieking.com/content/recipe.php

kelsco99
04-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Well it looks like most have done well as far I can see. Everyone is at least maintaining their weight which is a heck of a lot better than gaining. I lost 2 lbs this week. I could have done so much better cause I was really bad all weekend and I stayed away from this thread for that reason.

One thing that I need to do is come here to this thread no matter what because everyone is full of inspiring words and good thoughts, it is bound to help me stay motivated.

Good Luck to everyone in our 2nd week of our challenge!

Kelly

anut4disney
04-04-2006, 12:49 PM
For lunch today I had bought one of those SunKist pouch of albacore tuna, one tbsp of mayo and 1 tsp of dill relish, mix together and have them with 5 crackers. So where does the office decide to eat...Jersey Mike's, makes the best ham & cheese sub (friend and I split one). I did good and said no. :banana:

I then decide to get a small tossed salad from down the street and when she brings it, it's a chef salad with their home made french dressing. Oh am I being tempted today. I took off all the cheese and meats and croutons. Kept the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrots. I took the dressing and put it in the fridge and proceeded to take the tuna and mix it with the salad. Not bad.

Now let's hope I can keep up the good work tonight.

JennaTX
04-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Good afternoon ladies!

It sounds like everyone is doing great! :cheer2:

I am only down a 1/2 pound. :guilty: But it is something. I have not gotten on the exercise bandwagon yet. I can give ya'll a million excuses, but you know how that works.

So can someone kick my behind to get me exercising!?

sahbushka
04-04-2006, 01:07 PM
That's fantastic, shirley, keep up the great work! I know some days just feel full of temptation. Yesterday there was a carrot cake at work just sitting in the break room! It was so hard to resist! And then I had to go 9 hours between lunch and my next meal! After about 8 hours I was in a situation where I was shown a box of snack items and told I could have something from it. I chose the dried rasins and cherries...small box with calorie info on the side. There had also been butterfingers and granola bars in there. I love butterfinger but said no to that as I knew I wouldn't stop at one, and I knew the granola bar was 3 points on ww and that I didn't want to use that many as I was having pizza for dinner. I was very proud with my decision and count it as another step in the right direction for weight loss!
Everyone keep up the good work,
Sarah

sahbushka
04-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Good afternoon ladies!

It sounds like everyone is doing great! :cheer2:

I am only down a 1/2 pound. :guilty: But it is something. I have not gotten on the exercise bandwagon yet. I can give ya'll a million excuses, but you know how that works.

So can someone kick my behind to get me exercising!?

Just think, if you lose weight you will give us a smaller target! :rotfl2:
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Alright...I got alot of PMs with "I'm only down X" or "I'm disappointed", etc....

STOP THAT!!!!!

First off, not a single person gained this week...EXCEPT FOR ME! (I was at Disney drinking all weekend and eating a darn Norwegian cream puff...I will do better next week I promise you! I knew I should have gone to MK on Sunday and walked off that cream puff! :sad2: )

You are all going in the right direction - stayed the same this week...I bet you are going to drop next. Dropped two pounds this week...drop another 2 next week and then you have 4... 4 pounds less than you weighed two weeks ago.

I don't want any more "I onlies" or "I'm disappointeds" o.k.?! You are all making the effort, even if its its little steps to start. Don't be disappointed. You are going in the right direction, even if its just a little bit!

Cheerleaders...I need you here. :cheer2: Tell these ladies not to be disappointed in themselves. Its ALL a start!

mommaU4
04-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi ladies! Shocked to see me over here? :teeth: It's hard for me to get into this healthy stuff do I am slowly working my way into this. It doesn't mean I don't support all of you here. Hope you know that.

Well, I lost 2 lbs this week. Went from 286 to 284. Let's see 2 pounds lost, 133 more to go. :rotfl2:

Keep up the good work and efforts ladies. See you on the chat thread!!

Marseeya
04-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi ladies! Shocked to see me over here? :teeth: It's hard for me to get into this healthy stuff do I am slowly working my way into this. It doesn't mean I don't support all of you here. Hope you know that.

Well, I lost 2 lbs this week. Went from 286 to 284. Let's see 2 pounds lost, 133 more to go. :rotfl2:

Keep up the good work and efforts ladies. See you on the chat thread!!

:cheer2: Nice job, Beth!

Everyone's doing a great job, whether they lost or not (please remind me of this on weeks when I don't lose :teeth: ). You're at least becoming more aware of your choices and are showing a commitment to better health!

k_hase
04-04-2006, 08:46 PM
I know I'm not trying to lose, but I gained 2 while in Chicago this weekend :confused3

JennaTX
04-05-2006, 01:41 AM
Okay ladies it is a new week!

Sarah, way to go on resisting the butterfingers!!! :cheer2: I am with you and I love those.

Kat is right, I am one who said "oh I only lost 1/2 pound". We need to be proud! We are trying. We are changing our lifestyle. And we can do it! :cool1:

Now will someone please find a bootie kicking smilie, to get me going on exercise?

agotta
04-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Hey girls. I haven't checked-in in a while. I lost 1.5 last week, but I think it was mostly cause I was sick. Kinda makes me feel like I cheater :guilty:

I was getting dressed this morning and am so tired of everything fitting tight. I don't even care if I lose any weight at this point, but I need to get into shape.I have not motivation though (I mean besides my clothes not fitting). I have been doin better by cutting out a lot of sweets (used to need some kind of dessert every day!!!), although I am still drinking Starbucks so....

This week I am really going to start doing something, even if it's just walking!! We can do it girls! :cheer2:

Princess Michelle
04-05-2006, 07:51 AM
:cool1: *Kicking Jenna in the booty* :teeth:

Congratulations to everyone who had a loss! I'm so happy for all of you.

To those of us who didn't have a loss let's keep plugging along, it was really hard not to get down yesterday but we have to let that mentality go, just like everyone has already been saying.

It already has been and is going to be a difficult week for me. The week before I start is always a pain but I feel so bad this week already. I'm exhausted beyond belief, feel just like I have the flu without the stomach problems, every part of my body is sore and stiff and I'm STARVING even though I'm eating normally I just want everything. My stomach is literally growling 10 minutes after I just ate. I hate days like that! All I want to do is go crawl back into bed and snuggle under my comforter until this week is over. :(

I have to go get ready for the gym and work. I hope all of you have a great day. :sunny:

sahbushka
04-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Good luck Princess...the hunger pains are the worst, especially if you are already feeling down and out. Whenever I feel that way, I try chugging some water. It's not much, but it sometimes at least helps the growling to stop!
Sarah

Princess Michelle
04-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks Sarah, today has been better so far so hopefully tonight will be okay too. I'm still tired and in a lot of pain but at least I've kept the food intake under control so far so that's something.

sahbushka
04-05-2006, 06:03 PM
That's awesome! So hard to do when not feeling good. I have done well so far, but dh and I have just decided to buy a house so we are going to look at one tonight and I know the next couple of months are going to be sooo stressful! Hope I do ok eating wise!
Sarah

mommaU4
04-05-2006, 06:08 PM
I know I'm not trying to lose, but I gained 2 while in Chicago this weekend :confused3
It's okay. It's only two pounds and you yourself said how weight can fluctuate. Don't stress about it. :)

Princess Michelle
04-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Sarah, I hope that everything goes smoothly buying your house and all of the things that go along with it. I know that process can indeed be stressful but you know we're here for you to vent to any time! ::yes::

Beth, I love your new signature! :thumbsup2 Romy & Michelle is one of my favorite movies. LOL

Well, I had almost talked myself out of going to the gym this morning but I talked myself back into it. I woke up at 5am and had to use the bathroom so I got up and I was just so stiff and hurting, walking even such a short distance was painful. I laid back down and tried to get some more sleep in the less than 2 hours I had left before I needed to get up. Woke up with the alarm and just laid there. I didn't want to get out of bed and face the stiff joints again. I had a conversation with myself, you know the kind, "you don't really want/need to go to the gym today, you went every other day so far, one day isn't going to hurt you. You have to go to work, that's enough for anyone standing all day long. Go back to sleep for a couple of hours, you'll feel better when you wake up." I think that was the devil on my shoulder but then my shoulder angel popped up and knocked some sense into me. "You know darn well that the stiffness will go away once you've been moving around for an hour or so, suck it up, you also know that if you don't get your butt up and go to the gym this morning that there is a good chance that when tomorrow comes you'll remember how nice it was to stay in bed and you won't go then either!" So, shoulder angel won and I'm up. Made breakfast, packed my lunch, checking in and now I have to go get ready for my workout. Thank God for shoulder angels. :angel:

I hope you all have an awesome day! :sunny:

agotta
04-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Girls, I am off to work, but had to post a small success this morning...

I fit into my 10 jeans!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

They are a bit snug, but doens't matter, gottem zipped and buttoned :thumbsup2 It is going to be a good day :)

k_hase
04-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Michelle-excellent way to beat the shoulder devil!! Keep doing it! I was at the gym at 5:30 today too.

Amanda-I know no better feeling than fitting into something that didn't fit not too long ago!

I can't beat the eating in front of the TV thing. I was all good last night, til maybe 9:30 and I just couldn't stop. I plan all my food and measure it too, but the binge session at night, or at least last night, was just me a box of cereal and some reddiwhip (not at the same time!). Well, at least I got lots of fiber out of it. I should be very regular for the next couple of days. :scared:

Marseeya
04-06-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm so disappointed. I haven't been to the gym in over a week for one reason or another. I had every intention of going today and now I'm too sick! :guilty: By the time I get better and get back, it'll be just like starting over again.

AdventurerKat
04-06-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm so disappointed. I haven't been to the gym in over a week for one reason or another. I had every intention of going today and now I'm too sick! :guilty: By the time I get better and get back, it'll be just like starting over again.

Don't feel bad. I did something to my knee and its killing me. I should be doing my mall walk tomorrow but I don't know if I am going to make it.

AdventurerKat
04-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Girls, I am off to work, but had to post a small success this morning...

I fit into my 10 jeans!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

They are a bit snug, but doens't matter, gottem zipped and buttoned :thumbsup2 It is going to be a good day :)

10?????? Size 10???? Wow! Good job!!!

Princess Michelle
04-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Agotta ~ Way to go getting into the size 10's! :woohoo:

Kim ~ I don't have any suggestions to help you with your tv eating but I do pray for all of you every day so here's hoping it will help you. :hug:

Marseeya ~ I can really relate to what you're going through. It's what I've been doing for the last year. When I started this challenge that was my 500,000th starting over point, for real! I'm so afraid something is going to happen that will make me have to stop again. So far I've been able to put the aches, pains and fatigue aside and keep going but I understand where you're coming from and I know it's hard. I'm so afraid if I get sick with a cold or the flu then that's the end of the progress I've made so far. I was doing good back in February, came down with a severe case of Bronchitis and couldn't exercise for 3 weeks, I could hardly even get out of bed or go to work let alone exercise. So now I'm just kind of waiting and praying that I don't get sick anymore and if I do that it won't be so bad I can't keep going. I hope you are able to get back to the gym soon!

Kat ~ I hope your knee heals quickly. You could try to do upper body work until it mends just to keep your body moving.

I know it's early but I'm off to shower and go to bed. I'm wiped out. Have a good rest of the night!

2BigKIdz
04-07-2006, 03:56 AM
This is a really good Weight Watchers recipe for grilled chicken. I fixed it for guests one night and everyone loved it. I used boneless breasts and some garlic salt instead of a clove garlic, I'm not a big garlic eater.

Margarita Chicken
1/2 cup frozen nonalcoholic margarita mix - thawed

3 tbsp lime juice - freshly squeezed

1 clove garlic - crushed (or more)

3 pounds broiler or fryer chicken - cut up (3 to 3 1/2) OR 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves

Coarse salt

Mix margarita mix, lime juice and garlic in a large resealable freezer plastic bag. Add chicken to bag. Seal and turn a few times to coat chicken. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally. Marinate at least 1 hr, but no longer than 24 hrs. Remove chicken from bag & reserve marinade.

On your grill place chicken, skin side up on grill, Brush with marinade and sprinkle with some salt. Cover grill with lid & grill 5 to 6" from medium heat for 15 minutes. Turn chicken, brush with remaining marinade and sprinkle with more salt. Cover & grill 20 to 40 minutes longer until chicken tests done.

Serves 6.

Per Serving (1 boneless, skinless chicken breast): 128 Calories; 1g Fat (10.5% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 74mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit.

WW Points: 3 pt.

agotta
04-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Morning girls!!

So I decided today that I really need a spa day. So...that is going to be my reward to myself when I lose 15 lbs. I figure it will probably be right after I move home and a great way to rejuvinate myself and get back on my feet. Can't wait!! And what an incentive :)

sahbushka
04-07-2006, 02:03 PM
This is a really good Weight Watchers recipe for grilled chicken. I fixed it for guests one night and everyone loved it. I used boneless breasts and some garlic salt instead of a clove garlic, I'm not a big garlic eater.

Margarita Chicken
1/2 cup frozen nonalcoholic margarita mix - thawed

3 tbsp lime juice - freshly squeezed

1 clove garlic - crushed (or more)

3 pounds broiler or fryer chicken - cut up (3 to 3 1/2) OR 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves

Coarse salt

Mix margarita mix, lime juice and garlic in a large resealable freezer plastic bag. Add chicken to bag. Seal and turn a few times to coat chicken. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally. Marinate at least 1 hr, but no longer than 24 hrs. Remove chicken from bag & reserve marinade.

On your grill place chicken, skin side up on grill, Brush with marinade and sprinkle with some salt. Cover grill with lid & grill 5 to 6" from medium heat for 15 minutes. Turn chicken, brush with remaining marinade and sprinkle with more salt. Cover & grill 20 to 40 minutes longer until chicken tests done.

Serves 6.

Per Serving (1 boneless, skinless chicken breast): 128 Calories; 1g Fat (10.5% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 74mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit.

WW Points: 3 pt.

Sounds so good! I will deffinitely be trying this one! I am a Huge Garlic Fan! Thanks for the recipe!
Sarah

Princess Michelle
04-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Good morning Ladies! :sunny:

Another weekend is here, let's try our best to be true to ourselves and make good choices.

I have to work today so I'm not going to be around until probably Monday morning so all of you have a great weekend! :grouphug:

sahbushka
04-08-2006, 04:16 PM
I could really use some encouragement right about now. I am really depressed and want to eat everything in the house. So far I am still within my WW points for the day, but it is only 1:30p here, and I only have about 7 pts left. Looks like soup for me tonight. It is a grey day and I am depressed because we can't afford a house that I would like for my son. And he is being cranky today. As far as weight, I get weighed in saturdays and Mondays because I donate plasma, so I was expecting to see a pound or two loss today and I didn't lose any! It has just been a depressing day with no one to call or be with and nothing to do besides try to keep my son out of trouble which is getting harder all the time!
Help!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Morning girls!!

So I decided today that I really need a spa day. So...that is going to be my reward to myself when I lose 15 lbs. I figure it will probably be right after I move home and a great way to rejuvinate myself and get back on my feet. Can't wait!! And what an incentive :)

That's a great reward Amanda!

AdventurerKat
04-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Good morning Ladies! :sunny:

Another weekend is here, let's try our best to be true to ourselves and make good choices.

I have to work today so I'm not going to be around until probably Monday morning so all of you have a great weekend! :grouphug:

I hope you have a good weekend too Michelle!

kelsco99
04-08-2006, 04:36 PM
I could really use some encouragement right about now. I am really depressed and want to eat everything in the house. So far I am still within my WW points for the day, but it is only 1:30p here, and I only have about 7 pts left. Looks like soup for me tonight. It is a grey day and I am depressed because we can't afford a house that I would like for my son. And he is being cranky today. As far as weight, I get weighed in saturdays and Mondays because I donate plasma, so I was expecting to see a pound or two loss today and I didn't lose any! It has just been a depressing day with no one to call or be with and nothing to do besides try to keep my son out of trouble which is getting harder all the time!
Help!
Sarah

I'm sorry you're having a hard day Sarah. :hug:

Buying a house can be so hard. It seems to me, from what I read, that it is becoming impossible for the average income family without some major sacrifices. Maybe starting out smaller than you expected or waiting a few more years is the best thing. It's funny because we used to live in a 1000 sq foot house and then we upgraded to an 1800 plus full basement. My DD tells me that she liked our smaller house better. It's the not the house itself, it is the environment you provide for your son that matters the most.

As far as eating... it sounds like both you and your son need a distraction. Can you go out for awhile. Can you walk... is it nice where you are today? I know you said it is grey but is it mild out? Maybe you could even do some window shopping at the mall or go visit family. You can make it through the rest of the day on only 7 pts. I have done it. Are you using flex points...maybe today is the day to pull some of those or if you get out for that walk, you can earn back some points through excercise... There are lots of options - you just need to think positive and long term.

Hope I have helped at least a bit. Good Luck and here's some sunshine for you :sunny:

Kelly

AdventurerKat
04-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Help!
Sarah

I am sorry you are having a bad day Sarah. :grouphug:

Are the 7 points you have left all your points for the week? Do you have any flex points left for the week? I know when I was doing WW, it was hard when I got down to those last few points a day too. Or can you get some exercise in and maybe earn some extra points for the day? I did that alot too. If I knew I was down a couple from what I might want to eat for the evening, I would earn the activity points to make up for it.

You were doing WW before we started this right? Maybe you just hit a little wall and that's why you didn't lose? I would try mixing up your exercise routine a little bit, that can usually give you a little kick start again. You may be building more muscle too which is why you didn't lose. I wouldn't let it get you down too much.

AdventurerKat
04-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Seems like we were both thinking the same way Kelly. :)

kelsco99
04-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Seems like we were both thinking the same way Kelly. :)

Looks that way... at least you didn't call me a show off :sad2: :lmao:

AdventurerKat
04-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Looks that way... at least you didn't call me a show off :sad2: :lmao:

:rotfl2:

You know I was kidding I hope. I did put the winky in there. :)

sahbushka
04-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks for your encouragement...it's good to know I can count on you guys. Just having someone talk to me has put me in a little better mood. Yeah, I can probably go out, I just need to decide where. Ohhhh, I have an idea, we can go to the tulip feilds! Maybe I'll give that a try.
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks for your encouragement...it's good to know I can count on you guys. Just having someone talk to me has put me in a little better mood. Yeah, I can probably go out, I just need to decide where. Ohhhh, I have an idea, we can go to the tulip feilds! Maybe I'll give that a try.
Sarah

Oh, I would love doing that Sarah! The other thing about getting out and doing something is it will get your mind off things. I like to walk when I am down...I can look around and see things that make me smile. And a field of tulips would definitely make me smile. :goodvibes

agotta
04-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Ok, I know sometimes it's hard to stop thinking about eating, and especially when you are dwelling on only having 7 points left. Soooo, here is a list of 0 point and 1 point foods. Have a good dinner and don't dwell on it.

0 points
Fruit
Bitter melon (balsam-pear), 1 cup
Carob (algarroba), 1 tsp
Maraschino Cherry, 1
Kiwifruit, 1 medium
Orange, 1 small
Passion fruit, 3
Peach, small or medium
Snacks
Vanilla Wafers, 1
Soups
Borscht, low-cal, 1 cup
Bouillon or broth, 1 cup
Onion mix, 1 cup
Vegetables
Artichoke, 1 med
Arugula (roquette), 1 cup
Asparagus, 1 cup
Beans, Green, 1 cup
Beans, Wax, 1 cup
Beans, Black sauce, 1 tsp
Broccoli, 1 cup
Brussels Sprouts, 1 cup
Cabbage, 1 cup
Cardoon, 1 cup
Carrots, 10 baby
Carrots, 1 cup or 2 large
Cauliflower, 1 cup or lg head
Celeriac, 1 cup
Celery, 1 cup or stalk
Chard, 1 cup
Chicory, 1 cup
Cucumber, 1 cup
Lettuce, 1 cup
Mushrooms, 1 cup
Okra, 1 cup
Onion (uncooked), 1 cup
Radishes, 1 cup
Spinach, 1 cup
Squash, 1 cup
Stir-fry (no sauce), 1 cup
Tomatoes, 1 cup
Turnips, 1 cup
Zucchini, 1 cup

1 point
Beverages
Beer, nonalcoholic, 1 can or bottle (12 fl oz)
Cappuccino, (5 oz)
General Foods International Coffees, French Vanilla Cafesugarfree, fatfree & naturally decaffeinated, 1 cup, (.5)
Nectar, any type, 1/2 cup (4 fl oz)
Wine, light, lowalcohol, or nonalcoholic, 1 small glass or 1/2 cup (4 fl oz)
YooHoo Lite Chocolate Drink
Cocoa
Hot, instant, fatfree, (6 fl oz)
Hot, instant, sugar free, (6 fl oz)
Juice
Apple juice or cider, 1/2 cup (4 fl oz)
Clamtomato juice, 1 cup (8 fl oz)
Cranberry Juice Cocktail, lowcalorie, 1 cup (8 fl oz)
Cranberry Juice Cocktail, regular, 1/2 cup (4 fl oz)
Fruit juice, combined, any type, 1/2 cup (4 fl oz)
Grape juice, carbonated or noncarbonated, 1/2 cup (4 fl oz)
Grapefruit juice, any type, 1/2 cup (4 fl oz)
Orangegrapefruit juice, 1/2 cup (4 fl oz)
Orange juice, any type, 1/2 cup (4 fl oz)
Pineapple juice, 1/2 cup (4 fl oz)
Prune juice, 1/2 cup (4 fl oz)
Tangerine juice, 1/2 cup (4 fl oz)

Breads, Rolls, Crackers, Etc.
Breadsticks, 2" long (7 1/2" x 1") or 4 short (5" x 1/2")
Crackers, fatfree, 7 (3/4 oz)
Diane's "Thin" Corn Tortillas [2] (white or yellow)
Crisp breads, (3/4 oz)
Flat breads, (3/4 oz)
La Tierra Taco Shells, 2
Matzo farfel, 1/4 (1/2 oz)
Melba toast, all varieties, 6 rounds or 4 slices (3/4 oz)
Merita Wheat Rolls, 1
Oyster crackers, 20 (1/2 oz)
Pita, any type, 1 small or 1/2 large (1 oz)
Rice cakes, any type, 2 (3/4 oz) or 6 mini
Saltines, Fat Free, 5
Saltines, Zesta, regular, 5
Sara Lee Mini Bagels, 1
Breads
High fiber (3 gms or more fiber per slice), 1 slice (1 oz)
Cocktail (partystyle) bread, any type, 2 slices (3/4 oz)
Colonial Light Wheat Bread, 2 slices
Light Oroweat Country Potato Bread, 4 slices
Light Oroweat Wheat, 4 slices
Light Oroweat 9 Grain Bread, 4 slices
Wonder Light Bread, 4 slices

Cereals
Barbara's Puffins Crunchy Corn Cereal, 1 cup
Bran flakes, cold, 1 cup [Kelloggs Complete Wheat Bran]
High fiber, cold (10 gms or more fiber per 1/2 cup), 1/2 cup
Kashi "Good Friends" Cereal, 3/4 cup
Puffed, cold, 1 1/2 cups
Shredded wheat, cold, 1 biscuit

Fruits
Apple, dried, 1/2 cup (3/4 oz)
Apple, fresh, 1 (4 oz)
Apple, crab, 2 oz or 1/2 cup
Applesauce, unsweetened, 1 cup (8 oz)
Apricots, 6 dried halves (3/4 oz)
Apricots, fresh, 3 (4 oz)
Blackberries, 1 cup (5 oz)
Blueberries, 1 cup (5 oz)
Breadfruit, uncooked, 1/3 cup (3 oz)
Cantaloupe, 1/2 melon (8 oz) or 1 cup (5 1/2 oz)
Cherries, fresh, 1 cup (5 1/2 oz)
Cranberries, fresh, 1 cup (4 oz)
Dates, fresh, 2 (3/4 oz)
Elderberries, 1 cup (5 oz)
Fig, dried, 1 (3/4 oz)
Gooseberries, 1 cup (5 oz)
Grapefruit sections, 1 cup (9 oz)
Grapes, 1 cup, 20 small or 12 large
Green papaya, 1 cup
Guava, 1 (4 oz) or 1/3 cup pulp
Honeydew melon, 1/8 (6 oz) or 1 cup
Kiwi, 1 (4 oz)
Kumquats, 10 small or 5 medium (3 oz)
Mandarin orange, fresh, 1 (6 oz)
Melon balls, 1 cup (6 oz)
Mulberries, 1 cup (4 oz)
Nectarine, 1 (4 oz)
Orange sections, 1 cup (6 oz)
Orange, 1 (5 oz)
Papaya, 1/2 (8 oz) or 1 cup (5 oz)
Passion fruit, 3 (3 oz)
Peach, fresh, 1 (6 oz)
Pear, fresh, 1 (5 oz)
Plums, 2 (4 oz)
Prickly pear (cactus pear), 1 (5 oz)
Prunes, 2 (3/4 oz)
Raspberries, 1 cup (4 oz)
Strawberries, fresh or frozen (unsweetened), 1 cup
Tangelo, 1 (7 oz)
Tangerine, 1 (6 oz)
Watermelon, 2" slice or 1 cup (5 1/2 oz)

Miscellaneous
Bran, all varieties, 1/3 cup (3/4 oz uncooked)
Bread crumbs, dried, 3 tbsp (3/4 oz)
Cornmeal mix, selfrising, 2 tbsp (3/4 oz)
Cornmeal, uncooked, 2 tbsp (1/2 oz)
Cough Drops, 3
Creamer, nondairy, 1 tbsp powder
Creamer, nondairy, 2 tbsp liquid (1 fl oz)
Creamer, nonfat, flavored, 2 tbsp liquid (1 fl oz)
Flour, any type, 3 tbsp (3/4 oz)
Fructose, 1 tbsp
Honey, 1 tbsp
Molasses, light or black strap, 1 tbsp
Syrup, lowcalorie, 2 tbsp
Syrup, regular, any type, 1 tbsp
Sugar, any type, 1 tbsp
Vegetable oil, 1 tsp
Vegetable shortening, 1 tsp
Wheat germ, 3 tbsp (3/4 oz)
Wonton skins (wrappers, 5 skins, 3" x 3" squares)

Prepared Foods
Beans, 1/2 cup fatfree, refried
Beets, pickled, 1/2 cup
Onion soup mix, 1 cup prepared or 1/2 envelope
Poi, 1/3 cup cooked (3 oz)
Potato flakes (instant mashed potatoes), 1/3 cup (3/4 oz) uncooked
Potato pancake, frozen, 1 (2 oz)
Potatoes O'Brien, frozen, prepared without fat, 1 cup (4 1/4 oz)
Potatoes, hashbrown, frozen (no fat added) 4 oz
Sushi, maki (vegetables and rice rolled in seaweed), 4 pieces
Three-bean salad, canned, 1/2 cup (4 1/2 oz)
Yam patty, frozen, 1 (2 oz)
Yogurt and cucumber salad, 1/4 cup

Protein Sources
Bacon, 1 slice crisp
Bacon, JennieO, ExtraLean Turkey, 2 slices
Ballpark fatfree beef franks (55 calories each, no fat)
Beans, dry, 1/3 cup or 2 1/2 oz cooked or (3/4 oz) uncooked
Chicken drumstick, cooked, without skin (with bone), 1 (1 1/2 oz)
Chicken roll luncheon meat, 1 slice, (1 oz)
Chickpeas, dry, 1/3 cup or 2 1/2 oz cooked, or 3/4 oz uncooked
Chili, Pritikan Vegetarian Chili, 1 cup
Egg substitute, fatfree, 1/4 cup
Egg whites, 3
Frankfurter, beef, pork or turkey, fatfree, 1
Gimme Lean! Meatless Sausage (2 oz)
Goose, wild, cooked, (1 oz)
Jack Links Beef Jerky Kippered 1 oz
Lentils, dry, 1/3 cup or 2 1/2 oz cooked, or 3/4 oz uncooked
Luncheon meat, lean (less than 2 gm per oz), 1 slice or 1 oz
Morningstar Farms "Harvest Burgers Recipe Crumbles", fat free, 2/3 cup
Morning Star Farms Italian Style Sausage Crumbles, 1 serving
Peas, dry, blackeyed, 1/3 cup or 2 1/2 oz cooked or 3/4 oz uncooked
Peas, dry, split, 1/3 cup or 2 1/2 oz cooked or 3/4 oz uncooked
Pheasant, cooked, 1 oz
Quail, cooked, 1 oz
Soybeans, dry, 1/3 cup or 2 1/2 oz cooked or 3/4 oz uncooked
Squab, cooked, (1 oz)
Sweetbreads, cooked, (1 oz)
Tempeh (fermented soybean cake), 1/4 cup (1 oz)
Textured vegetable protein, 1/3 cup (3/4 oz dry)
Tripe, cooked, (1 oz)
Turkey roll, 1 slice (1 oz)
Vegetarian breakfast patty (sausagetype), 1, (1 oz)
Venison, cooked, (1 oz)
Cheese
Cheese, 1 fat free slice
Cheese, cottage, 1%, 2% or nonfat, 1/3 cup (2 3/4 oz)
Cheese, hard, 3 tbsp shredded, 2 tbsp grated or (3/4 oz)
Cheese, Neufchatel, 1 tbsp (1/2 oz)
Cheese, nonfat, hard or semisoft, 1 slice, 1 (1" cube, 3 tbsp shredded, 2 tbsp grated or (3/4 oz)
Cheese, pot, 1/3 cup
Cheese, ricotta, nonfat, 1/3 cup
Cheese, Parmesan, 2 tsp [Lucerne]
Cheese Slice, Galaxy SFoods Veggie Slices, Cheddar Flavor, 1 slice
Cheese Slice, Lucerne FatFree, 1 slice
Cheese, soy, nonfat, 1 slice, 1 (1") cube, 3 tbsp shredded, 2 tbsp grated or (3/4 oz)
KraftFree Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 1/4 cup
Fish
Anchovies, 6 (3/4 oz) or 1 tsp paste
Clams, cooked, 1/2 cup (2 oz)
Crabmeat, cooked, 1/2 cup (2 oz)
Crayfish, cooked, 1/2 cup, (2 oz)
Fresh, flaked, 1/2 cup
Gefilte fish, 1 piece (1 1/2 oz)
Lobster meat, cooked, 1/2 cup (2 oz)
Mussels, cooked, 1/2 cup (2 oz)
Oysters, cooked, 1/2 cup (2 oz)
Salmon, smoked, 1 oz
Scallops, cooked, 1/2 cup (2 oz)
Sashimi, 4 pieces (except salmon or mackerel)
Shrimp, cooked, 1/2 cup (2 oz)
Smelt, cooked, (1 oz)
Sushi, maki (vegetables & rice rolled in seaweed), 4 pieces
Whitefish, smoked, (2 oz)

Sauces
Barbecue sauce, 1/4 cup
Chili sauce, green, 1/4 cup
Chili sauce, red, 1/4 cup
Cocktail sauce, 1/4 cup
Duck sauce, 1 tbsp
Gravy, beef, chicken or turkey, canned, 1/4 cup
Pizza sauce, 1/4 cup (2 oz)
Spaghetti sauce, bottled, any type, reduced fat, 1/2 cup (4 1/2 oz)
Spanish sauce, 1/2 cup
Teriyaki sauce, 1/4 cup

Soups
Chicken noodle soup, canned, 1 cup
Chicken noodle soup, canned, 1 cup
Chicken soup, without matzo balls, 1 cup
Egg drop soup, 1 cup
Liptons CupaSoup, Chicken Noodle w/White Meat

Spreads/Condiments/Dairy
Almond butter, 1 tsp
Fruit butter, any type, 1 tbsp
Half and Half, 2 tbsp (1 fl oz)
Jam, jelly or preserves, 1 tbsp
Ketchup, 1/4 cup
Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges, 1 wedge (light or regular), [plain, herbed, onion (1)
Spreadable fruit, 1 1/2 tbsp
Sweet and sour sauce, 2 tbsp
Brummel & Brown Spread (made with yogurt), 1 tbsp
Brummel & Brown Fruit Spread (blueberry, strawberry, apples & cinnamon), 1 tbsp
Butter, regular or whipped, 1 tsp
Chutney, 1 tbsp
Cream, light (coffee/table cream), 2 tbsp (1 fl oz)
Cream, whipped, 1/4 cup (1 oz)
Margarine, fatfree, 4 tbsp
Margarine, reducedcalorie (tub), 2 tsp
Margarine, reducedcalorie (stick), 1 1/2 tsp
Margarine, regular, 1 tsp
Margarine, squeeze, 1 tsp
Cream Cheese
Fat Free w/strawberries, 2 tbsp
Light or whipped, 2 tbsp (1 oz)
Nonfat, 4 tbsp (2 oz)
Regular, 1 tbsp (1/2 oz)
Mayonnaise
Fatfree, 4 tbsp
Reduced calorie, 2 tsp
Regular, commercial and homemade, 1 tsp
Olives, 10 small or 6 large (1 oz)
Peanut butter, 1 tsp
Pickles, sweet, 2 large
Salad dressing, fatfree (except Italian) 2 tbsp
Salad dressing, reducedcalorie, Italian, 2 tbsp
Sour Cream
Light, 3 tbsp
Nonfat, 1/4 cup
Regular, 1 tbsp

Starchy Vegetables
Chestnuts, 6 small (2 oz)
Corn on the cob, 1 small ear (5") or 4 oz
Corn, baby (ears), 1 cup
Parsnips, cooked or uncooked, 1 cup or (6 oz)
Peas, green, cooked or uncooked, 1 cup or (6 oz)
Squash, winter, 1 cup or 7 oz cooked
Water chestnuts, 1 cup (4 1/2 oz)

Sweet Stuff/Snacks
Archway FatFree Devil's Food Srop cookies (they are a good size, and soft, 60 calories each, no fat)
Candied fruit, any type, including citron, pineapple & ginger root, 1 tbsp (1/2 oz)
Marshmellow Fluff, 2 tbsp
Marshmallows, 2 medium (1/2 oz)
Seeds, pumpkin or sunflower, 1 tbsp
Sunsweet "Fruitlings", 1 oz
Candy
Cotton Candy (1 /2 oz), 1 bag (57 calories, no fat) [CHECK THE BAG FOR WEIGHT THOUGH]
Hershey's Tastations, (hard candies), 3 pieces (chocolate, chocolate mint, butterscotch, caramel)
Lollipop, 1 (2 1/2" diameter)
Tootsie Pop, 1
Chips
Potato chips, fatfree (made with olean), 1 oz
Pringles, Fat Free, 1 oz
WOW Lays or Ruffles Chips, 1 oz
Cookies/Crackers
Biscotti, 4 small (1 regular) fatfree
Fortune cookie, 1
Gingersnap cookies, 2 (1/2 oz)
Graham crackers, 2 (2 1/2" sq) or 1/2 oz
Health Valley, Apricot Delite, 3
Health Valley Chocolate Biscotti Style Cookies, 1 cookie
Jacobsen's Blueberry Swirl or Raspberry Swirl Snack Toast, 1 toast
Ladyfingers, storebought, 1 large or 2 small (1/2 oz)
Vanilla wafers, reducedfat, 3 (1/3 oz)
Frozen
Blue Bunny Ice Cream Bars, Orange/Cream, Raspberry/Cream, Fudge, &
Fudge/Cream, 1
Dairy Queen, sugarless, no fat fudge and orange & vanilla bars, 1
FatFree Fudgesicles, 1
HaagenDaz FatFree Chocolate Sorbet Bars, 1
Popscicle Brand "Firecracker" Ice Pops, 1 [40 calories]
Fruitflavored ice pop, frozen, 1 (1 3/4 fl oz)
Fruit juice bar, frozen, 1 (2 1/2 oz)
Fruit juice bars, no sugar added, frozen, 2 (each 2 oz)
Fruit juice bar, no sugar added, frozen, 2
Fruit pop, frozen, 1 bar (1 3/4 oz)
Ice cream cone, plain or sugar, 1 small
TCBY Chocolate Sorbet Bars (BJs Wholesale Club), 1
Tropicana Orange Sorbet/Vanilla Ice Cream Bar, 1
W.W. Chocolate Mousse Bar, 1
Popcorn
Light, microwavepopped, 3 cups
Plain, hotair popped, 3 cups
Popcorn Cakes
Butterflavored, 2 (1/2 oz)
Other than butterflavored, 1, 6 mini or 1/2 oz
Rice Cakes
Plain, 2 (3/4 oz or 5 mini)
Other than plain, 1 (1/2 oz)
Quaker Mini Chocolate Crunch, 5
Quaker Mini Caramel Corn rice snacks, 5
Caramel/Chocolate Chip Rice Cakes, 1 cake
Chocolate Crunch Mini Rice Cakes, 5 mini cakes
Quaker's Cinnamon Streusel Rice Cakes, 1 cake
Quaker Crispy Minis! [Apples & Cinnamon, Caramel Corn, Ranch, Nacho, BBQ], 7
Toppings, Ice Cream
Pineapple or strawberry, 1 tbsp
Fudge, regular or fatfree, 1 tbsp
Whipped, dairy or nondairy, 1/4 cup (1/2 oz)

AdventurerKat
04-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Ok, I know sometimes it's hard to stop thinking about eating, and especially when you are dwelling on only having 7 points left. Soooo, here is a list of 0 point and 1 point foods. Have a good dinner and don't dwell on it.

That was awesome! I am going to copy that and save it for when I get back on WW!

kelsco99
04-08-2006, 05:32 PM
:rotfl2:

You know I was kidding I hope. I did put the winky in there. :)

yeah I got that :teeth:

I was just being my usual sarcastic self

AdventurerKat
04-08-2006, 05:35 PM
yeah I got that :teeth:

I was just being my usual sarcastic self

Me too. :thumbsup2

AdventurerKat
04-08-2006, 10:53 PM
So I have decided I really need to get back on WW. I have eaten pretty good this week but if I am going to accomplish anything, I need some more structure in what I am doing.

I am going to see what happens for Tuesday weigh in but back on WW as of Tuesday. :thumbsup2

AdventurerKat
04-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey all. Hope you had a good weekend. I quasi-started WW again today. Meaning I just kind of got an idea of what the points would be for what I was eating. I did pretty good.

I'm anxious to weigh in Tuesday. I am sure I weigh less than last Tuesday after the four nights at WDW. If I don't, I will be in such shock. And sad.

k_hase
04-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Good news and bad news....

Last weekend in Chicago my achilles tendonitis flared up. I skipped a race I'd planned on and had 2 PT appts this week. I was able to run today, not as long as scheduled though. The Boston Marathon is in 8 days, there is nothing more I can gain running between now and then, if I'm not in shape for it now I never will be! However, Boston was not the end of my training, I'm actually aiming to peak for a race on Memorial Day, so that I can't run does hurt that. I'm also concerned that after Boston I'll be laid up for awhile. I've been battling the achilles thing for nearly a year and it appears unfixable unless I'm willing to take 10 weeks off. And not just from running, the cardio machines make it hurt too. I can swim however. Okay, that was good/bad news.

The real bad news is that I broke my promise...On friday night, not having run in a 6 days and convinced that I wouldn't be able to do Boston either I had did some serious self-medicating with food. Followed by the inevitable purge. While I feel horrible about it, I feel more horrible about the eating part and than I do the purging part. I need to switch those two feelings and remember how unhealthy this is. I suppose I should have come here first, force myself to stop and think, but I'd also had a couple of beers and logic wasn't happening for me...

Today's run was positive and I have another PT appt tomorrow. I can run Boston. Not well, but I'll finish. We can only wait and see about the next race.

macraven
04-09-2006, 10:36 PM

AdventurerKat
04-10-2006, 06:40 AM
Good news and bad news....

Last weekend in Chicago my achilles tendonitis flared up. I skipped a race I'd planned on and had 2 PT appts this week. I was able to run today, not as long as scheduled though. The Boston Marathon is in 8 days, there is nothing more I can gain running between now and then, if I'm not in shape for it now I never will be! However, Boston was not the end of my training, I'm actually aiming to peak for a race on Memorial Day, so that I can't run does hurt that. I'm also concerned that after Boston I'll be laid up for awhile. I've been battling the achilles thing for nearly a year and it appears unfixable unless I'm willing to take 10 weeks off. And not just from running, the cardio machines make it hurt too. I can swim however. Okay, that was good/bad news.

The real bad news is that I broke my promise...On friday night, not having run in a 6 days and convinced that I wouldn't be able to do Boston either I had did some serious self-medicating with food. Followed by the inevitable purge. While I feel horrible about it, I feel more horrible about the eating part and than I do the purging part. I need to switch those two feelings and remember how unhealthy this is. I suppose I should have come here first, force myself to stop and think, but I'd also had a couple of beers and logic wasn't happening for me...

Today's run was positive and I have another PT appt tomorrow. I can run Boston. Not well, but I'll finish. We can only wait and see about the next race.

Kim. Please be good to yourself and take care of yourself.

Princess Michelle
04-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Good Morning Girls! :sunny:

I had this article in my emails this morning and thought I would share it with you. 25 Biggest Weight Loss Mistakes (http://www.ediets.com/news/article.cfm/cmi_1958516/cid_33/code_28230/) There were some interesting things in it.

Well, I've moved past PMS stage 1, which was wanting to eat everything in sight, now I'm on to PMS stage 2, which is being extremely emotional about everything. *sigh* I'll be glad when I enter the FINAL stage of PMS when I'm about 50, PMS stage I'M SO DONE WITH THIS JUNK! :woohoo: LOL

I overslept this morning and so don't feel like going to the gym but I will. All I really want to do is go back to sleep for about a week. I don't want to go to the gym, I don't want to go to work, I don't want to see my boyfriend or any of the other people we work with. I think I will have to find a corner to hide in once I get there. :rolleyes1

Good thing is I don't have much of an appetite right now. :confused3

Well, I have to get going, have a wonderful day ladies! :grouphug:

BTW, Welcome back, Mac! :banana:

macraven
04-10-2006, 08:18 AM

sahbushka
04-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Morning all...I was able to stay in points saturday. I ended up taking my son mall walking and bought his birthday present and invites for his party, etc. Later that day my friend invited me to mexican...well, I had just enought points for one small chicken enchilada, so that is what I did...and I didn't have ANY chips! My son hasn't been feeling great, so yesterday was a challenge, but I stayed on plan and took my son swimming. It was fun, but hard to change him afterwards, as I was trying not to drip on him once I got him warm and dry. And I couldn't put him on the ground as that was all wet. He wasn't very happy with me. Good luck today ladies. Especially with fighting all of our personal demons!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Morning everyone. My goal for today is to resist the dark chocolate easter eggs in the candy dish up front. Wish me luck. :sad2:

kelsco99
04-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Sarah - I am happy to hear that you made it through your challenges on the weekend! :thumbsup2

Kim, while you did hit some downfalls, I am glad to see you can still see the positive side. I reiterate what Kat said, please take care of yourself.

Michelle, you are the most consistent poster here and while it's hard at times for you, you don't seem to miss a beat. I'm sure you willl see staggering results with your get healthy plan!

Kat -I hate dark chocolate - I wish I could pass that on to you...now if they were just those regular milk chocolate eggies that come in the mesh bag, I would have a problem. Good Luck and let us know if you make it through...I'll be rooting for you!

Mac and Kim - I totally could see how the eating would bring on more guilt than the purging. I can't believe it now but when I was an overweight teenager, I wished that I could do that, tried a few times, and just couldn't. It made me mad then but somewhat happy about that now. Now I know how unhealthy that is and I wish you guys the best in that uphill battle.

I am in the honeymoon period of starting a new eating plan so the challenges aren't seeming that big to me right now. From experience, I know that the challenges will come a bit later when I start getting bored with the obession/challenge of eating well.

I do find some challenge with getting to the gym everyday. I try to tell myself that if I get there 3/4 times or so a week, that is good but really to get the results I want, I should be going at least 6 times a week.

Today, my goal is to go to the gym and do 60 minutes of cardio and 30-40 minutes of weights. I am feeling the need to do some extra today cause I missed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday :sad2: Although I did do lot of backbreaking yard work on Sunday so I do count that as some excercise.

Have a great day everyone!

Kelly

sahbushka
04-10-2006, 10:29 AM
You are basically all doing better than I am as far as working out is concerned! I still haven't found a time, and with this being holy week I doubt I will find time this week either. My husband and I are looking to buy a house, and we think we found one that might work. If we do get a house then I have no excuse to not work out. We will be a block from the ocean and won't have anyone below us that would stop us from working out after ds is in bed!
Sarah

macraven
04-10-2006, 01:40 PM
it takes 2 weeks to change routines and make them stick

changing the way we eat and the choices we make about food, will take will power and time.

so, don't get discouraged if you slack off this first month. the first month is always the hardest.

the weight will come off. if you goal is 40 pounds but you only drop 10 of that by the trip, think of it as that 10 will not come back on.

start small goals and keep a journal. then each month you can look back and feel real good about your accomplishments.

i look at my journal of 05 and can see my pitfalls when i was dieting then.

i carry a small calender pocket thingy in my purse, i list all my weight each day in that. yes, i weigh daily until i start to stabilize and hold at the weight.

hang in there homies, you can do it !!!!

macraven
04-10-2006, 01:59 PM

AdventurerKat
04-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I don't want to talk about the dark chocolate eggs. :sad2:

sahbushka
04-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Oh dear. Well, just move on from here...tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it...well, with no mistakes in it yet! Today has been a bit of a challenge for me. A co worker brought in Olive Garden...for everyone! Breadsticks, lasagna, and salad with that horrible for you dressing! I managed to just have some salad with a very little bit of the dressing. It made me feel like I wasn't totally depriving myself!
Sarah
Good luck tomorrow A.M. everyone with your weigh-ins~ :cheer2:

AdventurerKat
04-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh dear. Well, just move on from here...tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it...well, with no mistakes in it yet! Today has been a bit of a challenge for me. A co worker brought in Olive Garden...for everyone! Breadsticks, lasagna, and salad with that horrible for you dressing! I managed to just have some salad with a very little bit of the dressing. It made me feel like I wasn't totally depriving myself!
Sarah
Good luck tomorrow A.M. everyone with your weigh-ins~ :cheer2:

Nice job Sarah!

Good luck everyone. I better clean out my PM box!

macraven
04-10-2006, 11:56 PM
hi everybody, just stopping by to wish you all the best.
i know you can accomplish what you have set out to do.

you all will be successful in your goals. i have faith in all of you.

i am dropping out of this thread but know will see you around.

good luck on your challenge!

2BigKIdz
04-11-2006, 04:58 AM
Well I lost a whole pound this week! But I'll probably have put it back by next weeks weigh in as I was sick this weekend, stuck in the house, didn't exercise and ended up making a pound cake with orange glaze ( and I'm not going to mention the whole Domino's medium pizza I ate Saturday night within 7 hours by myself :rolleyes1 ). Still don't feel good, have a lot of congestion and coughing so I'm sure I'm not exercising tonight, just hope once I feel better I will be able to start up again even though I am sure I will have lost all my progress! I really felt a lot better when I was exercising, I could really tell a difference. (one good thing- our local Dairy Queen is closed for a few months, atleast that is 1 temptation gone for now!)

I'm sorry I'm not posting a lot right now on any thread, I have a lot of homework to finish by end of the month and I have been slacking off so I'm catching up. I promise to be a lot more involved once the semester is over.

Good luck this week everyone!!!! :wizard:

AdventurerKat
04-11-2006, 06:56 AM
hi everybody, just stopping by to wish you all the best.
i know you can accomplish what you have set out to do.

you all will be successful in your goals. i have faith in all of you.

i am dropping out of this thread but know will see you around.

good luck on your challenge!

Mac. Why are you dropping out?!

AdventurerKat
04-11-2006, 06:57 AM
I lost. 3.5 pounds this week but 3 of that was Disney weight. So from the beginning of this, I have lost .5 pounds. But I'll take it.

Princess Michelle
04-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Before I tell about my weigh in I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your encouragement and support. You just have no idea how much it helps me and motivates me to keep getting up every morning. Thanks for being there! :grouphug:

Okay, so who wants to sing the Hallelujah chorus with me? I lost 2lbs. this week! :woohoo: I'm so happy.

It seems like every day at work someone new is asking me if I've lost weight so it's nice that now I can tell them, why yes, I sure have! :teeth:

Congratulations to 2BigKIdz and Kat on your losses!

Mac, why are you leaving? I don't want you to go. :( :hug:

Everyone have a great day, I've got a busy one ahead of me, first stop gym! :cool1:

macraven
04-11-2006, 07:37 AM
leaving for personal reasons.

congrats on your weight loss this week ladies. :cheer2:

Marseeya
04-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Well, I stayed the same this week, but I can live with that! For one thing, it's that time of the month. For another, I've been sick and just haven't been eating right, plus haven't been to the gym.

Congrats on the losses, ladies! Way to go!

Mac, sorry you're leaving us. I hope everything's okay with you. :grouphug:

2BigKidz, what are you going to school for? I'm working on my masters in secondary ed, and I've got a ton of work to do by the end of the month too. Let's try not to stress eat!

kelsco99
04-11-2006, 08:03 AM
As some of you may know, I unintentionally starved myself last night. It must have paid off because I lost at least 5lbs this week!!! I kept checking this morning to be be sure and it kept hovering between 5 or 6 lbs. I'll take the 5 and if it is 6, it will show up next week! That is a crazy number but I was really good all week about staying in my calories and I excercised a lot and did a lot of landscaping work. :cheer2:

Also, from past experience, I know that I will lose a lot in the beginning and it will taper off from there to 1-2 lb losses per week if I stay on track.

Good job everyone on your losses and maintains. What a great group!

Mac, I hope you can come back and join us. Even if we help you maintain, that is better than gaining.

Kelly

anut4disney
04-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Good morning everyone!

Not a good one for me, woke up with a migraine and weight gain and burned a pair of my pants with iron. I gained 1.5 lbs so I am disappointed in that. :sad: I really haven't eaten different but need to do the exercise and don't take that 2nd pepsie at night. If leave it at one I don't seem to put anything on but let me drink a second and thar she blows!

I did start Turbo Jam last night and if you felt the earth move that was me trying to keep up with these people. It was 30 mins and I was sweating by the time it was over. That's when I decided on the second pepsi, kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? I am going to try again tonight depending on how the head is doing.

Hope everyone has a great day!

sahbushka
04-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Mac, I am so sorry you are leaving us! We'll catch up on the other thread. I had a....are you ready for this...4 lb loss this week! That means 6 in the past 2 weeks and 24 in the past month and a half to 2 months! I feel pretty good about that! And now I feel like I have a chance to make it to my personal goal of under 200 by my class reunion in July! I currently weigh 226...a heck of a lot better than 250! Good work ladies! I know this next week will be even better for a lot of you. I really feel like we are finding our groove, ya know?
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Mac, I am so sorry you are leaving us! We'll catch up on the other thread. I had a....are you ready for this...4 lb loss this week! That means 6 in the past 2 weeks and 24 in the past month and a half to 2 months! I feel pretty good about that! And now I feel like I have a chance to make it to my personal goal of under 200 by my class reunion in July! I currently weigh 226...a heck of a lot better than 250! Good work ladies! I know this next week will be even better for a lot of you. I really feel like we are finding our groove, ya know?
Sarah

That's great Sarah! That must feel really good. Congrats!

AdventurerKat
04-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone!

Not a good one for me, woke up with a migraine and weight gain and burned a pair of my pants with iron. I gained 1.5 lbs so I am disappointed in that. :sad: I really haven't eaten different but need to do the exercise and don't take that 2nd pepsie at night. If leave it at one I don't seem to put anything on but let me drink a second and thar she blows!

I did start Turbo Jam last night and if you felt the earth move that was me trying to keep up with these people. It was 30 mins and I was sweating by the time it was over. That's when I decided on the second pepsi, kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? I am going to try again tonight depending on how the head is doing.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Shirley. I'm sorry you have a migraine. I had one about a month ago that sent me home from work.

1.5 is not much to get rid of again. If I lost my Disney Three (plus a .5) you can do it. Try trading that Pepsi for some water. :thumbsup2

anut4disney
04-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Shirley. I'm sorry you have a migraine. I had one about a month ago that sent me home from work.

1.5 is not much to get rid of again. If I lost my Disney Three (plus a .5) you can do it. Try trading that Pepsi for some water. :thumbsup2

Thanks Kat. I drink 8 glasses of water at work so I have been doing so good (compared to the 3 bottles I used to drink) but for some reason I like that 1 can of pepsi (don't even buy bosses because to easy to pour some more) at night. We are on well water and that just doesn't taste good. I need to get bottle water for home.

I am going to keep plugging away.

AdventurerKat
04-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks Kat. I drink 8 glasses of water at work so I have been doing so good (compared to the 3 bottles I used to drink) but for some reason I like that 1 can of pepsi (don't even buy bosses because to easy to pour some more) at night. We are on well water and that just doesn't taste good. I need to get bottle water for home.

I am going to keep plugging away.

Well, at least you are getting your water in in the first place! I gained about four or five pounds when I went back to regular soda from diet. :sad2: I went back to diet but frankly I just need to get rid of it altogether.

anut4disney
04-11-2006, 11:52 AM
wow, that double posted. sorry

sahbushka
04-11-2006, 11:52 AM
All right ladies, here's a question for you. What is one non food reward you can give yourself for trying to lose weight this week and be healthier this week? Mine is going to be instead of cleaning the house when I get home tonight, I am going to pamper myself...shave and moisturize legs, face mask, toenail polish...the works. I want to feel good about how I look and I know that will help me have more confidence in myself!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-11-2006, 12:27 PM
All right ladies, here's a question for you. What is one non food reward you can give yourself for trying to lose weight this week and be healthier this week? Mine is going to be instead of cleaning the house when I get home tonight, I am going to pamper myself...shave and moisturize legs, face mask, toenail polish...the works. I want to feel good about how I look and I know that will help me have more confidence in myself!
Sarah

I like this idea Sarah. :thumbsup2

I think I am going to take time out of my evening for a nice long hot bubble bath. DH can watch the boys. :thumbsup2

sahbushka
04-11-2006, 12:30 PM
That sounds like a great plan! Ok, so who else is going to treat themselves, and in what way?
Sarah

anut4disney
04-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Okay I figured it out. I exercised last night and my body went into shock and that is why I have a migraine today. http://bestsmileys.com/sick/4.gif

I guess I must take this healthy stuff slowly, oh so slowly. :lmao:

AdventurerKat
04-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Okay I figured it out. I exercised last night and my body went into shock and that is why I have a migraine today. http://bestsmileys.com/sick/4.gif

I guess I must take this healthy stuff slowly, oh so slowly. :lmao:

better slowly than not at all. :)

anut4disney
04-11-2006, 01:22 PM
better slowly than not at all. :)

:thumbsup2

sahbushka
04-11-2006, 01:24 PM
So does everyone else have a beautiful day where they are as well? It is gorgeous out! Speaking of taking it slowly...I think I might go outside on my lunch break...not to do any excersize, but just to be outside...I guess that's a step in the right direction!
Sarah

anut4disney
04-11-2006, 01:34 PM
So does everyone else have a beautiful day where they are as well? It is gorgeous out! Speaking of taking it slowly...I think I might go outside on my lunch break...not to do any excersize, but just to be outside...I guess that's a step in the right direction!
Sarah

Yes it is a beautiful day here too and I would go out but the sun hurts my eyes and not in the http://bestsmileys.com/vampire/3.gif way. :lmao: It's supposed to be in the low 80's by Friday, I can't wait.

AdventurerKat
04-11-2006, 01:41 PM
If the bus is running on time today, i will get off a stop or two early for a little bit of extra walking. Of course its a nice day here too!

sahbushka
04-11-2006, 01:47 PM
80's?!?! Oh my gosh, I live in NW washington state and here we just hope it gets up to 60 before july!
Sarah

anut4disney
04-11-2006, 02:07 PM
80's?!?! Oh my gosh, I live in NW washington state and here we just hope it gets up to 60 before july!
Sarah

By July we will be like this. http://bestsmileys.com/hot/3.gif The humidity gets really bad and we will spend all our time wishing it was like this again. http://bestsmileys.com/winter/5.gif

mommaU4
04-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Just checking in.
Gained 6 pounds in one week.
I went from 286 to 284 to 290.
Hey if I keep going maybe I'll break 300. :thumbsup2
Off to PM Kat and jump off my roof.
Have a wonderful day everyone. :wave:

sahbushka
04-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Beth I am so sorry about your gain! Keep trying, though, you can do this!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Just checking in.
Gained 6 pounds in one week.
I went from 286 to 284 to 290.
Hey if I keep going maybe I'll break 300. :thumbsup2
Off to PM Kat and jump off my roof.
Have a wonderful day everyone. :wave:

I gave you my thoughts on that in my PM. :) Its o.k. Beth. Keep trying.

I tell you I am starving right now but I am just going to go suck down some more water. I can make it through this until dinner dang it!

sahbushka
04-11-2006, 04:29 PM
I gave you my thoughts on that in my PM. :) Its o.k. Beth. Keep trying.

I tell you I am starving right now but I am just going to go suck down some more water. I can make it through this until dinner dang it!
Way to go! I know, I feel the same way today...I have had 5 bottles of water so far trying not to eat! We are doing Taco Del Mar for dinner, though, so that will be worth it!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I just want to thank everyone for PM ing their weights today. I got you all down. I know a couple of you have had a disappointing week but its going to get better. :goodvibes

AdventurerKat
04-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Oh yeah. I was curious on ways that people get their sweets fix. I like fruit but its not a treat to me. So I usually have a fat free jello pudding or a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. I know the Skinny Cow's were 2 pts on WW, I can't remember on the pudding but I think it was the same.

What do you have??

JennaTX
04-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Okay ladies, I have not been posting much over here. I have not really been trying that hard. I have changed my eating habits, but I am still not exercising, at all. And exercise is the key for me to loose weight. I am going to try and kick it into gear. I have nothing planned for tomorrow, so I have no excuse for not going to the Y.

Ladies who have lost weight this week, way to go, I am very proud of you and I know how hard it is!

Ladies who like me either did not loose any or gained, we just have to keep trying. Don't let this weigh in be our excuse to just say "forget it"!

I am going to try and post over here more often, that way the guilt factor will kick in if I am not doing well!

2BigKIdz
04-12-2006, 01:47 AM
Sarah

That's awesome Sarah! You must be so proud! Keep up the good work!!!!

2BigKIdz
04-12-2006, 01:49 AM
2BigKidz, what are you going to school for? I'm working on my masters in secondary ed, and I've got a ton of work to do by the end of the month too. Let's try not to stress eat!

Business, right now I'm just working on getting enough credits to transfer to UVA. I have been slacking since Spring Break now have to bust my you know what to get caught up. Just finished a paper so I'm taking a break before I start back in. Good luck to you on school work and losing weight!!!

2BigKIdz
04-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Before I tell about my weigh in I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your encouragement and support. You just have no idea how much it helps me and motivates me to keep getting up every morning. Thanks for being there! :grouphug:

Okay, so who wants to sing the Hallelujah chorus with me? I lost 2lbs. this week! :woohoo: I'm so happy.

It seems like every day at work someone new is asking me if I've lost weight so it's nice that now I can tell them, why yes, I sure have! :teeth:

Congratulations to 2BigKIdz and Kat on your losses!

Mac, why are you leaving? I don't want you to go. :( :hug:

Everyone have a great day, I've got a busy one ahead of me, first stop gym! :cool1:

Great job! I knew it was just a matter of time before the scales show what everyone else is noticing. Keep up the good work!

Princess Michelle
04-12-2006, 07:51 AM
Good Morning Ladies! :sunny:

To all you LOSERS out there, WAY TO GO! :thumbsup2 Some big losses this week, good job girls!

To those who gained, hang in there. :hug: Look back over your week and see if there is anything you could have done different. Sometimes there's not a darn thing you could have changed, sometimes our bodies just want to be difficult but it never hurts to look back and see if we slipped up somewhere and try to improve it this week. ::yes::

To those who stayed the same, you hang in there too. I know it feels disappointing, I was there last week. Keep going and you'll probably see a loss next week! :)

Well, I'm off to the gym and work, my two favorite things. NOT! :sad2:

Have an awesome day ladies! :sunny:

agotta
04-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Ok guys, I went to Ruby Tuesdays last night for buffalo chicken and fries then came home and ate an entire pint of Haagen Daaz....

I need help....

I lost a pound!!! That doesn't do me any good!! LOL!! Talk about emotional eating, oh gosh!

Michelle, way to go! Have a blast at the gym!

sahbushka
04-12-2006, 09:22 AM
mmmm hagen daaz....wait, no, what am I saying! Congrats on the pound lost! That's great...so yesterday wasn't your best trying to lose weight day. You'll do better today! Lots of water!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Good morning all. Yes, when in doubt - Drink water!!!

I am trying to find the walking path near our house. I still am having trouble with my brain connecting to the gym at the front of our complex. There might be PEOPLE in there. :sad2: O.K. cute guys that I don't want seeing my fat but walking the treadmill...but same thing. I'll get over it. What should I care. I'm married. I don't know what the heck my problem is with that. That's why I liked Curves. No cute guys in there.

I find the best way to avoid eating ice cream is to not have it in the house. Don't go near the isle at the grocery store. Just say no to ice cream.

I kid you not, I used to eat a bowl of ice cream every night down here. EVERY NIGHT. Warm weather = ice cream in my brain. I have been ice cream free, other than my one mickey bar at WDW this past trip, for a couple months now. Just walk away from it.

AdventurerKat
04-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Oh. Kim, how is your injury. Are you doing o.k. Are you getting pscyched up for your marathon? How long do you get to stay in town for it. I hope you get a chance to sightsee too! :thumbsup2

sahbushka
04-12-2006, 10:39 AM
My fav ice cream fix if the healthy choice fudge bars...2 pts on ww and large and yummy!
Sarah

sahbushka
04-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Hey Kelsco99...so what gives? Back on the first day of the challenge you said you were going to post later with your story...it's later! I'd love to hear more about you!...and hopefully liven up this thread!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-12-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm sorry this thread isn't hopping Sarah. I think most of us spend time chatting on the main thread.

Other than checking in daily to see how everyone is doing and confess my food sins, I don't have much else to talk about on this specific thread. If there is something you would like to talk about, throw it out there. For me, if I spend my time thinking and talking about it too much, its not good for me. I get cranky thinking about what I'm not having. I think everyone just comes in if they want to share a success or for help/ a shoulder to cry on.

sahbushka
04-12-2006, 02:23 PM
I guess for me this would be a great thread because I need to talk about it...different recipes, things that worked, things that didn't, anxiety about sticking out when ordering at a restaurant, peer pressure, sabatoge by dh or family, and constant reminder of what I am trying to do so I don't slip up just because I'm not thinking about it. But you are right, everyone has a different style...maybe I will go check out some of the other WISH threads to get my fix! :)
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-12-2006, 05:00 PM
I guess for me this would be a great thread because I need to talk about it...different recipes, things that worked, things that didn't, anxiety about sticking out when ordering at a restaurant, peer pressure, sabatoge by dh or family, and constant reminder of what I am trying to do so I don't slip up just because I'm not thinking about it. But you are right, everyone has a different style...maybe I will go check out some of the other WISH threads to get my fix! :)
Sarah

There are plenty there. And I am sure there are others here who want to talk too. We're just getting started. Give us some time, especially for us all to have some successes to share.

Princess Michelle
04-13-2006, 07:22 AM

Not a lot to say here today just wanted to wish you all a terrific day! :yay:

kelsco99
04-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey Kelsco99...so what gives? Back on the first day of the challenge you said you were going to post later with your story...it's later! I'd love to hear more about you!...and hopefully liven up this thread!
Sarah

Yes I did say that, didn't I?

I don't really have a story to tell... not an exciting one anyhow....just the usual life of being overweight - losing weight and feeling great and then gaining it all back plus some.
When I look back at pictures of me in high school and college etc, I only wish I was still that size even though back then I thought I was huge. My current goal weight is higher than what I weighed in high school.
Through high school, I maintained a weight of about 150-160, then through colllege, it crept up to around the 180 mark.
I went over the 200 hundred mark with my first child and I haven't seen the other side of it since. I did go on Weight Watchers in 2003 and lost a lot of of weight - I was about 3 lbs away from seeing 199 and then I went on an all expenses paid business trip and then right after that another personal trip - shortly after that I crashed...I had gained a lot of weight on the trips and lost all motivation. My gym membership had expired and I didn't have the funds to renew. I let all of that get me down and I have gained back all the weight and more.

So here I am today, working hard at losing this weight.

I tend to have an obsessive personality. I think about food all day every day. I probably don't go 10 minutes (unless I am very distracted) without thinking about my next meal/snack. Food isn't the only thing I obsess about... when I get new ideas or whatever I tend to drive my family nuts cause it's all I want to talk about (Disney trip/budgeting and finances/retirement saving/weight loss/big purchases). The problem with me is when obsession shifts and tracking food and excercise does not interest me anymore. I know that I am safe from this for awhile but I'll definitely need some support down the road. My other problem is that I won't ask for help and when someone offers it, I feel resentful/vulnerable/weak. I can't stand when I show weakness in myself. If anyone else needs help, I'm there for you and wouldn't think twice about it but I just have a hard time accepting it for myself.

Now I have some switching to do... in high school/college I was relatively normal weight wise but I lacked self condifence/self worth to see it. Now, I am overweight in an unhealthy way but I have the self confidence and the sense of self worth. I hope it's enough to see me through this weight loss battle.

That's my story.

Kelly

AdventurerKat
04-13-2006, 10:00 AM
:grouphug: Kelly. Thank you for sharing your story.

I used to be mortified to weigh 160 myself. But now I am just hoping to see that again someday. I know what you're saying.

Princess Michelle
04-14-2006, 07:54 AM
Good Morning Everyone! :sunny:

Count me in as another one who at one time weighed 160-170 and thought I was an obese cow. I could fit into a size 9 dress for crying out loud! However I was made to feel fat and like I needed to lose weight because I was still bigger than all the other girls around me. I look back at pictures of me then and I think gosh, I was beautiful, why did I feel so bad about myself? I really think it was how other people treated me because there was nothing wrong with the girl I see in those pictures. I'd love to see her again but she was only 14 and I'm getting close to 29 but I'll just see a more mature version of my former self. ::yes::

Have a great day ladies! :wave:

AdventurerKat
04-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Good morning everyone. I am trying to put the mashed potato incident behind me. :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

sahbushka
04-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Yesterday was sooo busy! I was taking care of my son and 2 kids (9 and 11) whose dad was having heart surgery. Plus, my son had a bit of a cold and yesterday was the sader supper and maunday thursday service at my church which I was a big part of since I sing in the choir. I only had 9 pts before the dinner because I knew I would want to eat a regular meal without counting pts. So I had 2 eggs, 2 matzah, some lamb and some fruit and about a half a glass of wine. Didn't bother counting pts but I think I was fairly responsible over all.
Kelsco99 thanks so much for your story...I have a feeling we will get along great! Your description about how when you get on a kick that's all you want to talk about and it drives the family a little nuts...that's me...just ask my mom! I hope we will be able to inspire you to stay motivated when the "honeymoon" phase is over!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Yesterday was sooo busy! I was taking care of my son and 2 kids (9 and 11) whose dad was having heart surgery. Plus, my son had a bit of a cold and yesterday was the sader supper and maunday thursday service at my church which I was a big part of since I sing in the choir. I only had 9 pts before the dinner because I knew I would want to eat a regular meal without counting pts. So I had 2 eggs, 2 matzah, some lamb and some fruit and about a half a glass of wine. Didn't bother counting pts but I think I was fairly responsible over all.
Kelsco99 thanks so much for your story...I have a feeling we will get along great! Your description about how when you get on a kick that's all you want to talk about and it drives the family a little nuts...that's me...just ask my mom! I hope we will be able to inspire you to stay motivated when the "honeymoon" phase is over!
Sarah

It sounds like you did good to me Sarah.

AdventurerKat
04-14-2006, 08:27 PM
I did a 40 minute walk pushing my 3 y.o. in a stroller. I walk pretty briskly as it is, but this I tried to step up a bit. I hope I at least burned off a couple hundred calories. Please. :)

AdventurerKat
04-14-2006, 10:17 PM
I think I am going to try something for me. I keep seeing these 5 for April signs everywhere. So I am going to try that for me. Lose 5 pounds for April. I probably won't since its middle of the month, but I will see what I can do. Rather than looking at my weight down the road for September, I am going to try these 5 pound goals for each month.

So, as of last Tuesday I am .5/5 Wonder how close I will get to reaching it. :)

AdventurerKat
04-15-2006, 09:16 AM
I got on the scale this morning. I was not going to weigh more than once a week because I did not want disappointment from weight fluctuations but I had to do it. I am down a pound from last Tuesday. So 1.5 total at this point. I think I might be able to make that five for this month if I try. :thumbsup2

kelsco99
04-15-2006, 09:21 AM
You're doing great Kat! I definitely think you can hit your goal of 5 for April. You sound very committed to it.

I am having a bad weekend - 2 days so far where I went over what I should.
I have been tracking on sparkpeople and I think that helps cause I see that on Thursday I had 2500 calories. It really hurts to see the facts laid out like that.
I still have to get through Easter Sunday (chocolate is my weakness so hopefully my kids are not in the mood for sharing). :scared:

AdventurerKat
04-15-2006, 06:57 PM
You're doing great Kat! I definitely think you can hit your goal of 5 for April. You sound very committed to it.

I am having a bad weekend - 2 days so far where I went over what I should.
I have been tracking on sparkpeople and I think that helps cause I see that on Thursday I had 2500 calories. It really hurts to see the facts laid out like that.
I still have to get through Easter Sunday (chocolate is my weakness so hopefully my kids are not in the mood for sharing). :scared:

I have to fill the baskets tonight. I'm dreading it.

Princess Michelle
04-16-2006, 08:21 AM
I just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a very HAPPY EASTER! :sunny:

JennyMominRI
04-17-2006, 01:03 AM
I just found this thread,finally...My current weight is 143 and I'd like to get to say 12o..I really need to start exerciseing

Princess Michelle
04-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Good Morning Everyone! :sunny:

Welcome aboard Jenny! Best WISHes to you in reaching your goal, you can do it! ::yes::

I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was nice, it just went by too quickly. *sigh*

I'm not really looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. I'm into PMS Stage 3 now, The Bloat Stage. :sad2: Plus I've eaten out so much this week. I ate at work a ton, this weekend I had Cracker Barrel for lunch on Saturday and yesterday I had Panera for lunch and dinner. Dinner was a chicken caesar salad so not bad at all it's just a combination of everything I've eaten this week. None of it junk just a lot of really rich, fatty foods. I seem to be maintaining on the scales and I know when I work out this morning that will take some of the feelings away. I have to really get back to it this week. I never went to the grocery store so I didn't have anything to take to work with me to deter those temptations and that's been my downfall. I just hope and pray that if I did any damage it will be that I stayed the same and not a gain. :wizard:

Hope you all have a great day! :wave2:

AdventurerKat
04-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi Michelle and Jenny. And everyone else. Welcome aboard Jenny. PM me your weight in the morning o.k.?

Michelle. I know how you feel but remember tomorrow when you are weighing in that whatever you see on that scale is only temporary and just put it behind you.

I am gearing up for my walk with Cole. I don't want to do it but I am going to make myself go. Especially after what will now be known as the Easter Incident. :sad2:

See you all in the morning.

AdventurerKat
04-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Good morning everyone. Well, even with the Easter Incidident, I have managed to lose 1.5 this week. Unless the candy just hasn't caught up with me yet. I did walk twice, Friday and Monday. I am going to try to at least do this Monday, Wednesday and Friday for now.

Hope everyeone has a good morning!

Princess Michelle
04-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Morning Ladies! :sunny:

Way to go Kat! :cheer2:

I'm happy to report that I lost 1 pound this week! :woohoo: I was really just hoping to not have a gain so I'm so excited that I actually lost a pound. I still have to get my butt back in good eating gear this week though. I did fine yesterday so I'm gonna keep going on.

Hope everyone has an awesome day! :wave:

kelsco99
04-18-2006, 08:25 AM
http://www.surromomsonline.com/support/images/smilies/hiding.gif

I'm hiding out and laying low... My week definitely caught up with me this morning as I am hovering between staying the same and down half a pound. I think I'll go with stayed the same (and keep that half lb loss for next week) and I think that is the best I can expect over weeks where there is a holiday. I really couldn't expect better cause I wasn't very good this past weekend and didn't get as much exercise in.

Hopefully this week will be better for me.

Good job Kat on your weight loss despite Easter. :cheer2: You are well on your way to 5!
That's good news for you too Michelle! Really great to hear after you were so worried. :goodvibes

anut4disney
04-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Well stayed the same as last week very disappointed. I really watched what I ate and made sure that I didn't go over my calories and fat intake.

Easter didn't bother me because I don't really eat a lot of candy.

Friday we took the twins to Jamestown so I really got some exercise on that day so anything I ate I worked off at the same time.

Yesterday I did so good that I could have had a second pepsi and it wouldn't have made a difference but I was good and stuck with my one pepsi for the day.

I just need to get more of this going. http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/13.gif

Way to go for everyone who lost last week and hang in there everyone like me who stayed the same and for those who gained, its a new week and you can do it. :cheer2:

sahbushka
04-18-2006, 09:11 AM
I am very pleased to announce that I stayed the same this week! Holy week is a really tough one for me as my dh and I are so involved with church that we are basically there every day of holy week. We had the Sader supper on Thursday and Easter breakfast on Sunday as far as meals were concerned. I didn't deny myself, but I was careful about my portions. And when my mom and I made Easter dinner, she was conscious that we were trying to be healthy, so the ingredients she bought were of a healthier variety. Now it's time to kick it into gear for this coming week! We can do this ladies!
Sarah

mommaU4
04-18-2006, 09:49 AM
here I am checking in. I already PMed Kat but I have been posting my weight here to so I will keep doing that. Holds me responsible for my screw-ups like last week! :sad2:

So far I have gone from 286 to 284 to 290 and now to 289. So there it is. I lost one pound.

See you all next week. Sorry I am not on here much or more supportive of others but it's hard to cheer on someone else when I cannot even do it myself. :rolleyes2

I do read here however and alot of you are real inspirations so thanks!! :wave2:

Yardbird
04-18-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm in as of today. I'm not much for talking in length about myself, so I will make this short. As a child I was a little chubby, and as a teen I battled with an extra 10lbs most of the time. That extra ten pounds increased to 20 pounds during my 30's. When I was 35 my marriage came to an end. This was an extremely difficult time for me, but I lost 25 lbs, and kept it off for 7 years. I probably could have kept it off longer, but I remarried, and marriage tends to make me fat and happy. :rotfl: In 1993 my wedding dress was a size 6, that I had to have taken in a bit. Thirteen years later, I no longer wear that size, and that 25lbs has found me once again. :guilty: My first goal is to lose 5lbs by the end of May. After I have reached the goal, I'll make another.

Thanks for being here. I need all the hepl I can get. ;)

sahbushka
04-18-2006, 07:03 PM
For goodness sake, where is everyone? This is supposed to be the day we come together and encourage each other for the next week! Come on out of the woodwork ladies!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-18-2006, 07:10 PM
If anyone who is participating has not PM-ed me their weight, please do so. I am not pulling weights off this thread, they need to be PM-ed to me. Thanks. :)

Sarah, I think you did great considering all the holiday stuff you had to live through. :) I am glad there are no more of these "eating" holidays for a long while now. :thumbsup2

AdventurerKat
04-18-2006, 07:14 PM
here I am checking in. I already PMed Kat but I have been posting my weight here to so I will keep doing that. Holds me responsible for my screw-ups like last week! :sad2:

So far I have gone from 286 to 284 to 290 and now to 289. So there it is. I lost one pound.

See you all next week. Sorry I am not on here much or more supportive of others but it's hard to cheer on someone else when I cannot even do it myself. :rolleyes2

I do read here however and alot of you are real inspirations so thanks!! :wave2:

Beth, you lost a pound. That's something. :)

And even if you feel you aren't trying your hardest, encouraging others is still appreciated.

AdventurerKat
04-18-2006, 07:15 PM
For goodness sake, where is everyone? This is supposed to be the day we come together and encourage each other for the next week! Come on out of the woodwork ladies!
Sarah

I think some people posted this morning Sarah. And I am still missing a few, although its hard to tell who because I can't access my laptop yet. Hopefully Friday.

Come on girls! How did you do this week???

JennaTX
04-18-2006, 08:01 PM
I am up 2 pounds this week. I knew it would be bad because of Easter, but I was not expecting it to be that bad. :rolleyes2

So I have been in a self pity mood today, but I am not chowing down because I did not loose, which is a plus. I will have a better attitude tomorrow and try to get down to business.

I am still not exercising. I was going to start on Monday, I had laid out all of my exercise clothes, shoes, headphones, etc. on Sunday night and I was going to go right after dropping DD off at school. Well Sunday night, I was walking down the stairs and stepped on one of my DS's matchbox cars, which hurt like the dickens and then I woke up Monday morning with a huge blood blister (yuck, I know) on the bottom of my foot. I could not put any weight on it Monday, but it feels better today.

I plan on exercising tomorrow morning.

Congratulations to everyone who is doing so well!!! :cheer2:

Marseeya
04-19-2006, 06:33 AM
I gained this week, no big surprise. :guilty:

You all know what I've been going through with my son and when I get stressed like this, I just don't take care of myself at all. We've been eating convenience and fast foods. I hate fast food on a normal day, but we've had pizza, McDonalds and Burger King. :sad2: Plus, my husband has been doing the grocery shopping. :scared: He comes home with different sodas, all kinds of chips and dips, cookies, pastries... you name it. That is stuff that we normally never keep in the house with the exception of a bag of pretzels here or a bag of baked chips there.

Things seem to be calming down a bit, so I'm going to try to get to the grocery store today and do some shopping for good foods. My body is starting to feel the effects of all that junk, and I'm sure the others in my family are feeling it too.

Time to get back on track!

agotta
04-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Hey girls!!!

Come on that's not the right attitude!!! Who cares what happened last week, what are you going to do THIS WEEK????

I worked out Sunday and Monday and took off yesterday. DH and I went to a local town center and got sandwiches and milkshakes, but then walked the whole plaza. I am going to go walking today though. I have special K with strawberries and 1% milk for breakfast. A salad with low fat dressing and mushroom soup for lunch and steak, fresh corn on the cob and maybe potatoes for dinner.

OH and water, lots of water today.

So....what is YOUR plan??? :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Princess Michelle
04-19-2006, 07:46 AM

It seems like it was a rough week for a lot people. I have to agree with agotta, yagotta (sorry, I couldn't resist) get yourself going again today because every day you put it off is one day further away you are from reaching your goal.

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday. I woke up feeling really sick and exhausted, I wasn't even sure I would make it to work. So I took it easy instead of going to the gym. I did go to work and managed to make it through the whole day. I'm feeling better this morning but still very tired. I'm going to go to the gym though. I do not want to get on that cycle of not going because then I will be right where I was already. I may or may not work at my full capacity today, depends on how I feel when I get there but I am going and that is really the biggest challenge after all. Doing something is better than nothing and just going keeps me in that routine.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :thumbsup2

BTW, has anyone seen Kim around? :confused3

kelsco99
04-19-2006, 08:36 AM
After a lot of us having a less than rewarding week, I think we need to renew our vows.

These are mine...
I vow to not eat after 8:00pm (I would say 7, but dinner sometimes isn't until 7ish)
I vow to drink at least 8 glasses of water
I vow to go to the gym at least 5x this week
I vow to stay away from chocolate (this one will be the hardest)

There are other things I will do but these will be the hardest and the most rewarding.

Do you want to renew your vows too?

sahbushka
04-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Ok, my plan is 1/2 cup trim cottage cheese and 1/2 cup pinapple for breakfast, an orange and a granola bar for snacks, a lean pocket for lunch and grape/ceasar wrap for dinner (ww recipe). Also, at least 6 bottles of water. I have been feeling really good about this upcoming week so far. I feel I have made decent choices so far and that I have a real chance of a loss this week. Also, I am getting really excited about our trip! It just kind of hit me yesterday! Well, I need to get ready for work!
Good luck ladies,
Sarah

anut4disney
04-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Okay how come I always lose the day after weigh in? I lost a pound since yesterday. I just always have to be different. :rolleyes1

TinksPixieDust
04-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Hello Ladies! I'm new to the DISboards. Was browsing around and saw the title of this post. So I thought I'd check it out. I know I am a late comer.. but I'd like to join in if I could.

I've pretty much struggled with my weight since Highschool (I just turned 30 last month). I was about 180 or so when I got married in 1997. Shortly there after I had to have serious surgery done on my back. I was out of commision for about 6 months to 1 yr. Unable to do pretty much anything. So the weight piled on. I tried Jenny Craig and it worked wonders. I was back to my pre-surgery pant size. :cheer2:

Then I got pregnant with our son and after having him in 2000 it slowly started creeping back up. I think the highest I weighed was about 236? Something around there. I've been working on loosing weight since that time. Just before Thanksgiving 2005 I was at 199.. and yeah it all kinda feel apart around the holidays.. We all know how that goes.

I just have to say that I am tired of being overweight.. I'm ready to take care of this once and for all. I also have other reasons for wanting to do this. My mom is overweight and she has really bad knees (Arthritis in both) and I found out recently that my dad has Gout (sp?). I want a healthier life. :D

So it would be awsome if I could join you guys. Kat I will be pming you my current weight. Oh my goal weight is 130, I'm 5'9". Thanks. ^^

AdventurerKat
04-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Got your weight Wendy and welcome!

I'll renew my commitment. :thumbsup2

I am going to:

1. Walk at least three days a week
2. Leave the chocolate ALONE
3. Drink 8 8oz glasses of water a day (at least)
4. Not eat after 8:00

TinksPixieDust
04-19-2006, 07:32 PM
I've decided on my plan. I'm the type of person that doesnt have to have different things all the time.. lol Here goes.

Breakfast
Strawberry-banana Smoothie: 1 small Banana, 1/2 cup Berries, 1/2 skim milk, 1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt, 2 teaspoons honey & 1 or 2 ice cubs. Blend in a blender till smooth.
Whole wheat toast: 2 slices spread w/ 2 teaspoons trans-free margarine.

Lunch
Lentil Soup: 1 cup soup (something like Progresso)
Cheese & Tomatoe Sandwich: 1 slice reduced fat cheese on 2 slices whole wheat bread spread with mustard, then add tomatoe slices.
Tomatoe: Remaining portion, sliced.

Snack
Cup of tea: One teaspoon sugar.
Almonds: 2 Tbls

Dinner
Roasted Chicken: 1/4 white meat chicken [if you're roasting a whole chicken then only have 1/4 of it.. or have a breast.] Always take the skin off after cooking.
2 Sides: 1 cup steamed veggies & 3/4 cup corn, boiled potatoes, sweet potatoes or butternut squash.

Dessert
Light Ice Cream: 3/4 cup with no more than 110 calories per 1/2 cup (like Bryer's (sp?)), topped with 1 Tbls Chocolate Syrup.

Princess Michelle
04-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Just wanted to say Welcome to YardBird and Wendy! :wave2:

Welcome aboard! :woohoo:

JennaTX
04-20-2006, 01:02 AM
I need to renew again, here is my goal for the week: (I am starting out small again because I have not been doing well at all)

1. No eating past 8:00 pm
2. Drink my water
3. No fast food
4. Get to the gym once this week

I know that these are not as much as some of you ladies, but at this point, I have been doing so bad, that I need to get back to the basics and just take baby steps!

AdventurerKat
04-20-2006, 06:47 AM
I need to renew again, here is my goal for the week: (I am starting out small again because I have not been doing well at all)

1. No eating past 8:00 pm
2. Drink my water
3. No fast food
4. Get to the gym once this week

I know that these are not as much as some of you ladies, but at this point, I have been doing so bad, that I need to get back to the basics and just take baby steps!

Jenna - even the smallest change is a step in the right direction. Good for you making all the ones you are. :thumbsup2

k_hase
04-20-2006, 10:07 AM
I just caught up on everyone. Don't let one set back set you back for days!! If you screw up at lunch, don't call it a wash, just get back on track at dinner.

I'm not doing much working out this week, Boston beat the crap out me and I'm taking it easy til I feel human again. Honestly, its like someone took hammers to my quads. I swam a bit yesterday, just easy laps to workout some kinks and I'll most like go for a walk today and try to run a bit just to feel it out.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow. You'd think that 26 miles would make you lose weight, but typically I gain in the days following. You have this hunger that is practically in your bones. Its really different from having a craving or just being hungry for lunch, its like an urgent request from your muscles. They want protein, fatty salty protein. I'm trying to give them lean healthy protein, but they are demanding more burgers.

I start training in earnest again this weekend. Mad City Marathon in Madison, WI is Memorial Day weekend and its my goal race this year. I'm hoping to improve my personal best. The super secret goal is to hit 3:30. But, I'd be very pleased with anything under 3:45 because that means I can run Boston again next year.

Good luck this week ladies!! Stay out of the that Easter Basket!

JennyMominRI
04-20-2006, 08:15 PM
I guess I should give you more info...I'm 5 ft 3 and weighed 146 at the doctor 2 weeks ago.. I was probably quite a bit bloated at the time though..I'm not huge. I'm just not where I want to be. With my heart condition I don't need any etra weight..Ed also needs to lose..We have been riding our bikes. I think we road about 3 miles today.I was pretty bummed out to find that I probably only burned off maybe 100 calories during that ride.. I plan to ride 4 times a week or more.. I ate really well today and we had grilled fish with homemade salsa verdeand baked potatoes for dinner

sahbushka
04-21-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm feeling pretty good so far this week...I think I will lose a couple pounds! I have been making dinner for dh and I almost every night and trying new recipes...though tonight we are doing an old favorite...tator tot casserole! Yum! And yesterday I made an amazing WW chili that was so low points I was able to have the bryers light ice cream...I measured it out and everything! Oh, and I had a playdate for my son, so I got out his stroller and we walked to the ladies house and then we all took our strollers and walked to a park and back...I felt really good about that...you know, the walking as opposed to driving. And I could tell it had been awhile since I had done any sort of excersize...with the weather getting nicer I will have to change that!
Here's to an amazing healthy day!
Sarah

TinksPixieDust
04-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Sounds like you all are doing great! ^^ Keep up the good work. I myself have been went power walking yesterday (am playing on going every other day. Went out and bought 1 1/2 lbs weights today, to get the arms working too.) I also started that little meal plan I posted earlier.. and I like it! I thought I was going to be starving with it. But surprisingly I'm not. It all tastes good too. WooT! We weigh in on Tuesdays right? Anyway, keep up the good work everyone! Don't get discouraged! /cheer

sahbushka
04-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Sounds like you all are doing great! ^^ Keep up the good work. I myself have been went power walking yesterday (am playing on going every other day. Went out and bought 1 1/2 lbs weights today, to get the arms working too.) I also started that little meal plan I posted earlier.. and I like it! I thought I was going to be starving with it. But surprisingly I'm not. It all tastes good too. WooT! We weigh in on Tuesdays right? Anyway, keep up the good work everyone! Don't get discouraged! /cheer
Yup, tuesday mornings. Including this week we have 23 weeks to go! Just think, for some people that could mean losing as much as 46 pounds! Pretty exciting!
Sarah

sahbushka
04-21-2006, 03:22 PM
So, my department just got the ax at work, and even though I was leaving in 2 weeks anyway, it still is really effecting me. I am trying hard not to turn that into...well it's a difficult situation so I should eat those comfort foods to feel better. We have the "honor system" snack box upstairs with all kinds of chips and candy bars. I just don't even want to start with that because I know if I have "just one" it will turn into the whole box! Wish me luck!
Sarah

kelsco99
04-21-2006, 05:00 PM
So, my department just got the ax at work, and even though I was leaving in 2 weeks anyway, it still is really effecting me. I am trying hard not to turn that into...well it's a difficult situation so I should eat those comfort foods to feel better. We have the "honor system" snack box upstairs with all kinds of chips and candy bars. I just don't even want to start with that because I know if I have "just one" it will turn into the whole box! Wish me luck!
Sarah

Don't do it Sarah... you already know you will regret it if you do. The comfort will not be enough to make the department cut any easier to take. Stay positive for yourself and for your co-workers! :thumbsup2 Everyone will appreciate that much more in the end!

sahbushka
04-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Don't do it Sarah... you already know you will regret it if you do. The comfort will not be enough to make the department cut any easier to take. Stay positive for yourself and for your co-workers! :thumbsup2 Everyone will appreciate that much more in the end!
Thanks! I have been doing well so far. I am completely on plan, and there is only an hour and a half left at work today. I can do it! This has been a good week for me as far as health is concerned, and I really don't want to undo all my good work just because a job I was leaving is closing, ya know!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Sarah

You can do it Sarah. I know that must be stressful but just stay away from it.

TinksPixieDust
04-21-2006, 10:44 PM
I totally know what you mean Sarah.. There have been times when I've gone into the kitchen feeling snacky.. and I've actually had an arguement with myself. Telling myself forcefully no.. SO instead I make myself pour a glass of water and pop a piece of gum. I've found by doing this that the chewing action is comforting in itself.

sahbushka
04-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Well, I beat the time at work, and then I get home and my bIL found out he got this huge scholarship, so my MIL took us out to cold stone. But I only ate half of mine and I figured out the ww points and just used 10 flex points which I still had available. So technically I am still doing well! Moderation is the key I have heard.
Sarah

Yardbird
04-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Well, I beat the time at work, and then I get home and my bIL found out he got this huge scholarship, so my MIL took us out to cold stone. But I only ate half of mine and I figured out the ww points and just used 10 flex points which I still had available. So technically I am still doing well! Moderation is the key I have heard.
Sarah

Sarah, you are doing great! Going to Coldstone and only eating half is quite a feat! Moderation is the key. Moderation is the key. Moderation is the key. (Saying over and over for me :rotfl: )

macraven
04-23-2006, 08:26 AM
hey there homies..............good to read the skinnies are a happening now.

3 weeks down and you are making great progress........ :teeth:

i am still on my diet, it is a weird one and doing the curves 6 days a week.
its a long haul but will be worth it.

AdventurerKat
04-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Sarah

AHHHHH. Cold Stone. Oh you did a good job. I love that place!

daisy_77
04-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Hi, ladies! :wave2:

I am pretty new to the Ladies-Only DIS Meet Boards and so far I am loving it! I am also looking forward to meeting all of you at the meet this September-it is going to be so much fun! I would also like to get rid of this baby weight that has been nagging me for a while!

I got married Feb 2004 and VERY shortly after that we found out we were pregnant with our little girl, Madelyn princess: . I had already jumped from 110 to 160 since 2002 and was starting to lose weight when I found out that we were going to have a baby. Well, to make a long story short, I was put on bed rest for preeclampsia. I gained 67 pounds. I weighed 227 when I left the hospital :guilty: . That was so hard for me to accept...not to mention I had post-partum depression and taking anti-depressants did not help me to lose any of that weight.

Finally, I joined Weight Watchers and have lost some weight. I weigh 183 right now, which is still way too much! I carry it all in my chest and tummy. Easy to hide, but not good for the heart. And I am sooooo sick of people asking me if I am pregnant! :rolleyes2 I wear a 12, but I tell you what...I am squeezing into them. When I first started WW, I wore a 20. :sad2: I am only 5'2". I looked ridiculous. I look better now...my face has thinned out a lot, but I still have 70 more pounds to go! I am doing WW still, but I am trying out nutrisystem to see if it something that is more convenient for me since I am so busy all the time. I am also woking out with The Firm. It is AWESOME! :yay:

Well, I would like to lose 30-35 pounds before the Ladies DIS meet. I wish all of you luck in getting to your own personal goals! :cheer2:

Princess Michelle
04-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Hey Mac! It's nice to see you! ::yes:: You are doing great! :thumbsup2

Welcome Daisy_77! Best WISHes to you in reaching your goal. :cheer2:

Hope everyone has a great day! :sunny:

sahbushka
04-24-2006, 09:14 AM
I am so bummed this morning. I am doing ww and have been on plan all week. I used some of my flex points but not all of them and I just don't think I am going to lose weight this week. I know my time of the month will be here any day which is part of it, but still. It is hard to work hard all week and to not lose. Last week I was ok with it because it was Easter and my body had been losing really well up till then so I figured it needed a rest, but this week....I am just depressed and having a hard time staying focused since I am sure if I have any weight loss it won't be much even though I have done everything right. If I gain I just don't know what I will do!
Sarah

daisy_77
04-24-2006, 09:18 AM
I am so bummed this morning. I am doing ww and have been on plan all week. I used some of my flex points but not all of them and I just don't think I am going to lose weight this week. I know my time of the month will be here any day which is part of it, but still. It is hard to work hard all week and to not lose. Last week I was ok with it because it was Easter and my body had been losing really well up till then so I figured it needed a rest, but this week....I am just depressed and having a hard time staying focused since I am sure if I have any weight loss it won't be much even though I have done everything right. If I gain I just don't know what I will do!
Sarah

I know how you feel. I have been on WW for a while and I still have quite a bit to lose. Just keep at it and make sure you are following the healthy guidelines: getting your fruits and veggies, water, dairy, exercise and mutivitamin. You will get there! I promise!

I am going to try nutrisystem for a month to see if that kickstarts my weightloss. I am in a plateau. I love WW, though!

daisy_77
04-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Speaking of WW..

Ever try the Southbeach Diet Southwestern Breakfast Wrap? So yummy....only 3 points! :banana:

anut4disney
04-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Good morning ladies. Well it is a new week and hopefully I will lose something. I actually weighed this morning and seem to have lost but by tomorrow it might be up again. :lmao:

I started walking this morning. I put the twins on the bus and walked. We have an oval driveway with an island in the middle and it is pretty big (live in the country on 7 acres, so we had a little to play with) and I did 25 minutes walking around the driveway. I even made sure that I stayed on the outside edge so there would be more steps to get around the curves. I was cutting around the inside edge last time I was walking and decided to go all out this time.

I let the dog walk with me, he tired out after about 15 minutes and I even took my camera and took some pictures while I walked. The sun trying to break through the fog, mushrooms coming up and a spiderweb all covered in dew. I should invest in a dvd player with the headphones to walk with and then maybe I will at least make 30 minutes. I hope that I continue to do this everyday and it will help some.

I hope everyone has a great day and welcome daisy_77!

sahbushka
04-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Speaking of WW..

Ever try the Southbeach Diet Southwestern Breakfast Wrap? So yummy....only 3 points! :banana:
That sounds yummy! Maybe I will try to pick some up next time we go grocery shopping.
Thanks,
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the group January!

Sarah, if it is your TOM, I wouldn't even worry about what the scale says tomorrow. I gain at least 3 pounds with mine and then as quickly as it comes, it goes away. Don't get yourself stressed about it.

And good for all that working out Shirley! I did not do a walk yesterday because I had done some on my "off" days but I am feeling kind of guilty about it. I need to get back out there tonight and just do it!

Weigh in tomorrow am girls. See you then. :wave2:

kelsco99
04-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Sarah, I know exactly how you feel - 2 weeks feels like a long time when you are working so hard to lose weight and nothing shows.

Just keep at it and the weight will come off either with inches or with numbers.

If you do find yourself in a true plateau, than look for a change you can make to kick start the weight loss. Maybe your body is used to what you have been providing. Can you pump of the intensity of your workouts? Are you getting enough sleep? Would it be difficult to drop a couple hundred calories from your day for a little while?

Good Luck! :thumbsup2

kelsco99
04-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Shirley,

It sounds like you have renewed your commitments and have some great ideas for kicking it up a notch. Walking is great... it's easy and free! Keep it up and before long you won't want to take a day off from it cause you will love the energy that exercise gives you! :cheer2:

Yardbird
04-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Sarah

Just keep the focus Sarah. TOM does have a way of discouraging us. However, once TOM goes home you will be back on track. Happens to all of us. The weight will come off. Keep up the good work!

kelsco99
04-24-2006, 12:13 PM
January, you have already done so well with your weight loss so far. That must be motivation in and of itself! I'm sure with your success, you have a lot to offer a group like this! And we can help you the rest of the way! :thumbsup2

Yardbird
04-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Welcome January!

This has not been a good week for me. Don't look forward to weigh in tomorrow. :rolleyes:

AdventurerKat
04-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Good evening everyone. Today was a bad day for me. Alot of stress I let affect me in a negative way, and I binged when I got home. Stress eating. I'm very upset with myself about it which is making things worse but I need to let it go.

I hope the rest of you had a better day, lifewise and eatingwise, and see you in the morning.

TinksPixieDust
04-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Welcome January!:wave2: We are all doing great! Even though you stumble just pick yourself back up and continue forward! Forward is a better place. Kat,:hug: love you.

AdventurerKat
04-25-2006, 06:30 AM
Good morning everyone. Let the PM-ing begin!

Down a pound this week.

TinksPixieDust
04-25-2006, 07:27 AM
:yay: Kat! I'm down 1-5 lbs. lol Kinda a little bit of a long story.

kelsco99
04-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Kat, glad that you still saw a loss...you can still make your 5 for April if you have a super week! Please come see us if you are feeling the need to binge...we can be a great distraction!

Wendy...not too sure what you mean but it looks like you lost :confused3 :Pinkbounc :confused3 :thumbsup2

I am down 4lbs this week. I am so happy about that after staying the same last week :Pinkbounc :moped: so that is 11lbs total...this honeymoon period is going great... hopefully I can keep some of my good habits as time goes on.

Is anyone else feeling great that it has already been a month? Normally, when dieting, time drags and drags but this time, and I think it is because of you guys, the time is flying and I am having fun challenging myself (most days). :thumbsup2 Thank you for starting this Kat!

Trish5768
04-25-2006, 09:02 AM
I'm up again this week. :sad:

Great job, girls. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

Kelly, 4lbs is awesome. :teeth:

sahbushka
04-25-2006, 09:18 AM
I am down 2 this week!!!! WooHoo! I was afraid I wouldn't lose due to TOM getting here anytime! It was a really pleasant surprise to me! Way to go everyone! Sounds like there are some good losses this week. And for those of you who gained, way to keep coming here and keep trying...that's what it is all about and we know you can do it!

Kelsco, what is your secret? 11 Lbs in 4 weeks! I thought I was doing well with 8! You are kicking but girl, congrats! :cheer2:
Sarah

sahbushka
04-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Wendy, I really like your signiture! Orlando Bloom is one of my favs!
Sarah

anut4disney
04-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Good morning ladies. Well I lost 1.5 lbs this week which is major for me since last 2 weeks I lost nothing. Course today I'm sick so maybe some more will come off since my tummy is not doing to good.

For those that lost weight, great job. :thumbsup2 For those that maintained or maybe gained, keep hanging in there, it will be better next week.

Going to lay down, hope everyone has a great day!

TinksPixieDust
04-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Wendy, I really like your signiture! Orlando Bloom is one of my favs!
Sarah
Thanks sweety. I think it's his eyes. ^^

TinksPixieDust
04-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Good morning ladies. Well I lost 1.5 lbs this week which is major for me since last 2 weeks I lost nothing. Course today I'm sick so maybe some more will come off since my tummy is not doing to good.

For those that lost weight, great job. :thumbsup2 For those that maintained or maybe gained, keep hanging in there, it will be better next week.

Going to lay down, hope everyone has a great day!
I hope you feel better soon. :D

sahbushka
04-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks sweety. I think it's his eyes. ^^
I'd have to agree!

So I hope everyone is just busy today and will post soon! I get so curious to know how everyone's doing. I want to be able to support them in their ups and their downs!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Hello everyone. I am still missing a couple of you this week but here's what I have to report.

I want to announce that so far, in our first month (o.k. four weeks but I'm calling it a month) a total of

37 pounds

has been lost by the DIS Ladies Only WISHers. This is the cumulative weight loss from first weigh-in to now.

You are all doing great. I know some of you have had some disappointments but keep on keeping on because if you don't try, nothing will happen. If you do try, eventually, its gonna stick.

Thank you for being the amazing group that you are.

TinksPixieDust
04-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Hello everyone. I am still missing a couple of you this week but here's what I have to report.

I want to announce that so far, in our first month (o.k. four weeks but I'm calling it a month) a total of

37 pounds

has been lost by the DIS Ladies Only WISHers. This is the cumulative weight loss from first weigh-in to now.

You are all doing great. I know some of you have had some disappointments but keep on keeping on because if you don't try, nothing will happen. If you do try, eventually, its gonna stick.

Thank you for being the amazing group that you are.
:woohoo: Let's keep up the good work Ladies! We can do this!!! ^^

AdventurerKat
04-25-2006, 05:10 PM
And I just got another PM...so make that:

38 pounds!

Princess Michelle
04-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Hi guys, I'm sorry I haven't been around here much lately. I'm still reading but I'm sorry I haven't given the support or been reporting in daily like I was. I'm going through a rough time right now and the last 2 weeks have been especially hard. I broke up with my boyfriend a month ago and I think I was in denial for the first couple of weeks and then the reality that we probably aren't going to get back together sank in and it hit me hard. I guess when I broke it off I thought that our problems would fix themselves in a few weeks and we'd get back together and everything would be great. Well, there are no signs that this little scenario is going to play out so I haven't been taking very good care of myself lately. I only went to the gym twice last week, well, I went 3 times but didn't really workout one of the times. I haven't been at all yet this week. *sigh* Sunday would have been our 1-year anniversary and that was a really hard day to get through. I feel like I'm in a better frame of mind now and ready to get back to being good to me. The 2 pounds I gained this week probably helped the wake up call a little bit... :sad2:

So tomorrow it's back to better eating, tomorrow I'm back in the gym. Got to get those numbers going back in the down direction again. I allowed myself to go through the "what's the point" phase and now I have to get back into the "I'm worth it" phase.

Congratulations to everyone who lost, you're doing amazing. Everyone else, hang in there, we'll make it. :grouphug:

sahbushka
04-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Hi guys, I'm sorry I haven't been around here much lately. I'm still reading but I'm sorry I haven't given the support or been reporting in daily like I was. I'm going through a rough time right now and the last 2 weeks have been especially hard. I broke up with my boyfriend a month ago and I think I was in denial for the first couple of weeks and then the reality that we probably aren't going to get back together sank in and it hit me hard. I guess when I broke it off I thought that our problems would fix themselves in a few weeks and we'd get back together and everything would be great. Well, there are no signs that this little scenario is going to play out so I haven't been taking very good care of myself lately. I only went to the gym twice last week, well, I went 3 times but didn't really workout one of the times. I haven't been at all yet this week. *sigh* Sunday would have been our 1-year anniversary and that was a really hard day to get through. I feel like I'm in a better frame of mind now and ready to get back to being good to me. The 2 pounds I gained this week probably helped the wake up call a little bit... :sad2:

So tomorrow it's back to better eating, tomorrow I'm back in the gym. Got to get those numbers going back in the down direction again. I allowed myself to go through the "what's the point" phase and now I have to get back into the "I'm worth it" phase.

Congratulations to everyone who lost, you're doing amazing. Everyone else, hang in there, we'll make it. :grouphug:
Michelle. I am so sorry for all you are going through. It can't be easy. But the fact that you are realizing what happened and that you are worth this...those are good steps to take! You're going to do great!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-25-2006, 06:36 PM

Hugs to Michelle. I'm sure that's hard. The fact that you only gained two pounds through that amazes me.

Good for you for getting past your weight gain and moving on.

daisy_77
04-25-2006, 07:10 PM

I hope that things get better for you! And I know what it feels like to have my heart broken. Just remember you are beautiful and you are worth the work to get to where you want to be. :grouphug:

JennaTX
04-25-2006, 07:20 PM
:grouphug: Sorry Michelle about all that is going on, I know how hard that can be when a relationship ends. Glad you let us know about it, though so that we can give you some support. You have been such a great cheerleader to the rest of us! I hope this week gets a lot better for you! :goodvibes

Yardbird
04-25-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm down 2.5 lbs. I didn't feel well this week, so can't take all the credit. I have been far from perfect, and I don't expect that I will ever be perfect at this. All of you are an inspiration to do better.

:hug: Michelle, I've been there my dear, I know it hurts. You are doing great, take things one day at a time. We're here for you!

Congrats to all who lost, and maintained. To those who gained, happens to all of us at some time during a journey to lose. I'll say to you, please don't let it discourage you. We'll need you to be here for us when "it's our turn in the barrell." ;)

daisy_77
04-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Well, today was a pretty good day. I am still doing weight watchers and I am patiently waiting for my nutrisystem food to get here. I am going to do a combo of ww and nutrisystem. The nutrisystem meals are portioned with protein/good carbs/fats...I am at our business now and not at home so I can't make my meals the way I did before. I just don't have the time. I also don't have as much time to DIS either :sad2:. Anyways...here's what my day looked like:

Breakfast:
Slim Fast bar 4pts
Banana 2pts
Total: 6pts

Snack:
String cheese 1pt
Carrots 1pt
Total: 2pts

Lunch:
Wendy's chili (2nd day in a row) 4pts
Side salad 0pts
I pour the chili on the salad to make a "taco salad"
94% FF Kettle Corn Mini Bag Popcorn 2 pts
Total: 6pts

Dinner:
WW Smart Ones Salisbury Steak 5pts
Vegetable Medley 1pt
2 slices Sara Lee Delightful Bread 1 pt
1 WW yogurt 1 pt
Total: 8 pts

Dessert:
Skinny Cow Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich 2pts
Total: 2 pts

Total: 24 pts.

I stayed within my daily points goal! I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow! Nitey-nite! :grouphug:

kelsco99
04-26-2006, 08:14 AM
BIG HUGS for you Michelle http://forums.spybot.info/images/smilies/animated/bighug.gif

You are going through a hard time and I just want to ask that you please forgive yourself for not taking as good of care of yourself during that time.

I love that you envision yourself renewing the commitment to the WISH challenge and now it is so much more to you than before. Please come back frequently because we want to help you stay on the right track while you work towards your goals.

kelsco99
04-26-2006, 08:20 AM
I have some confessions to make...

yesterday was good up until about 9:00pm... I went in search of something good to eat and came back with Black Forest Cake from our cafeteria... that wasn't sooo bad but it didn't end there...when I got home from work at about 1:00am, I heated up a plate of leftover spaghetti and garlic bread. While the cake was good, I wasn't even enjoying the spaghetti and should have stopped eating it. I ate way too much and went to bed stuffed.

I am paying the price today cause I don't feel very good at all and I have heartburn :sad2:

I am trying to get back on track today. I am counting the spaghetti as my breakfast today and will try to stay within my calories.

TinksPixieDust
04-26-2006, 08:39 AM

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear that you went through and are going through that. You are right.. You are sooooo worth it. We all are. Just remember that we are always here for you/for everyone! Keep up the good work Ladies!

TinksPixieDust
04-26-2006, 08:47 AM
It happens to the best of us sometimes. I do have a suggestion. Next time you feel like eating when you're not hungry instead of making something just chew a piece of sugarless gum. It works to help me keep from eating under those circumstances, perhaps it will work for you too. :hug:

AdventurerKat
04-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Just popping in real quick to update the first four week's totals.

40.5 Pounds

Have been lost. And this is only the totals from the first week to the last week. I did not do anything with pounds like I had where I went up three pounds at Disney and then lost that (because that would be 3 pounds more I lost) No. This is total cumulative pounds lost from week one to week four.

Good job girls!

macraven
04-26-2006, 10:05 AM
anyone on here doing curves? i have a question about curves.
i started march 21 , had success on my weigh in and measurements the other day so that is kewl.

but, today the instructor told me you can not lose any weight unless you eat prior to excercising. is this true? i have never heard of it.

i asked her many questions on that theory but all she replied with , "it's a fact and it has been researched"

i don't know if i buy this. i never eat before i go to curves.

anyone here know the anwer?
do you have to eat prior to exercise in order to lose weight?

kelsco99
04-26-2006, 10:39 AM
i started march 21 , had success on my weigh in and measurements the other day so that is kewl.

but, today the instructor told me you can not lose any weight unless you eat prior to excercising. is this true? i have never heard of it.

i asked her many questions on that theory but all she replied with , "it's a fact and it has been researched"

Mac, looks like the judge is out on that decision still....here is an article I found that you might like to read...
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/3306.html

TinksPixieDust
04-26-2006, 10:52 AM

I think there are different opinions on that topic. When I was doing Jenny Craig they told me not to eat before excercising. Perhaps because after excercising you typically are not as hungry. If you think about it.. let's say you go out to excercise after a good breakfast... I think you're body would be more concerned with breaking down what's in you're belly rather then the stuff you have in storage. I've only ever been told to to drink water while you're excercising.. Also if I ate before excercise I would prolly get sick. Just my 2 Cents.

TinksPixieDust
04-26-2006, 10:58 AM
I posted this in the Ladies only meet thread but I wanted to post it here too. I just made my morning drink also! Never... I repeat -NEVER- use plain yogurt! It's no where near as good as it was when I was using Strawberry-banana yogurt. So... always use the strawberry-banana one. Can't remember the brand name.. BUT the smoothie is soooo good when you use it. ALSO! Make sure you're banana is ripe. I think mine was still a little to green this morning. I like my bananas as yellow as can be. >.>

anut4disney
04-26-2006, 10:59 AM
I have some confessions to make...

yesterday was good up until about 9:00pm... I went in search of something good to eat and came back with Black Forest Cake from our cafeteria... that wasn't sooo bad but it didn't end there...when I got home from work at about 1:00am, I heated up a plate of leftover spaghetti and garlic bread. While the cake was good, I wasn't even enjoying the spaghetti and should have stopped eating it. I ate way too much and went to bed stuffed.

I am paying the price today cause I don't feel very good at all and I have heartburn :sad2:

I am trying to get back on track today. I am counting the spaghetti as my breakfast today and will try to stay within my calories.

I had a lady I worked with and she did WW. Every week, the day after she weighed, she would eat anything she wanted that day and then get right back on WW the following day. It never hurt her so I'm sure that you will be okay as long as you get right back on to your eating right. :grouphug: to you and good luck the rest of the week.

daisy_77
04-26-2006, 11:57 AM
I had a lady I worked with and she did WW. Every week, the day after she weighed, she would eat anything she wanted that day and then get right back on WW the following day. It never hurt her so I'm sure that you will be okay as long as you get right back on to your eating right. :grouphug: to you and good luck the rest of the week.

I do almost the same thing...I use up to 20 of my flex points on Saturdays cuz my WW weigh-in is Saturday morning. I continue to lose every week. I doubt that one night of splurging will ruin anything! Also...I notice that if I really mess up I drink a lot of water and it seems to make a difference in the scale. :goodvibes

sahbushka
04-26-2006, 07:07 PM
So last night my dh and I went out for dinner and a movie...dmil watched ds! We had thai food and I am proud to say that I made good decisions. I had the green curry chicken which is low point and I put it over rice. I also had a little bit of easter candy that my dmil gave me but now it is all gone and I only used some of my flex, not all like I was expecting. So I am proud to say I am still on plan for the week and get more green curry tonight with my leftovers! Have a healthy night,
Sarah

k_hase
04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
WOW! 40 pounds!!! Great job!

Michelle, I'm sorry about your sadness. I hope your workouts can be theraputic as well as healthy.

I started running again already, although without my watch so that I don't pressure myself to return too quickly. I did gain a couple of pounds, the same ones I gained in Chicago and then lost over a couple of weeks. I've also been tracking my food on fitday.com, but sometimes I think that makes it worse. I'll look at my total for the day and then say, oh, I could have 150 more calories or something and go eat it. I like it better when I just didn't think about it and only ate when I was hungry and stopped when I was full.

sahbushka
04-28-2006, 04:57 PM
So, how's everyone doing? Right about now is when most people lose their motivation and quit trying to lose weight....lets not let that happen to us! We can do this! If you are having a tough time, just go back to basics. Have certain things you want to get done. And even if you say that you are just commiting to doing these things for one day, the next day say the same thing to yourself. Eventually those things will become habit and they will have a possitive influence over your health! Great job at getting this far ladies! Keep up the good work. If you take enough baby steps to get toward your goal, you WILL get to your goal!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
04-28-2006, 09:32 PM
So, how's everyone doing? Right about now is when most people lose their motivation and quit trying to lose weight....lets not let that happen to us! We can do this! If you are having a tough time, just go back to basics. Have certain things you want to get done. And even if you say that you are just commiting to doing these things for one day, the next day say the same thing to yourself. Eventually those things will become habit and they will have a possitive influence over your health! Great job at getting this far ladies! Keep up the good work. If you take enough baby steps to get toward your goal, you WILL get to your goal!
Sarah

Good advice Sarah.

sahbushka
04-30-2006, 10:47 AM
So I did not do so well yesterday. In fact, it was my most off plan day since starting trying to lose weight over 2 months ago. My fingers are swollen today from the salt and I ate way more candy than I should have. But this morning starts a brand new day and I am taking a minute before eating anything to re commit myself to losing weight. Today is a new day with no mistakes in it, and I am going to keep it that way. Today I will have a bottle of water, a half cup of trim cottage cheese and a half cup of pinapple for breakfast. I will take a bottle of water to church and for lunch I will have a tuna fish sandwich and a piece of fruit. I will have a bottle of water between lunch and dinner. For dinner I will have measured out left over thai food and 2 bottles of water. I will not go over points today. If I have a craving I will go out and walk or I will drink another bottle of water. Today will be a good day! And even though TOM is here and weigh in is soon and I will probably gain after yesterday, it is up to me to do the very best I can at going forward again instead of backwards. I may have gained some, but I can stop that from being a lot!
Sarah

macraven
04-30-2006, 03:37 PM
i always do a fast when i am guilty of screwing up on the number of calories i take in.

i do well on counting calories when i eat, but yesterday i didn't count.
today i am fasting and will be for the next 3 days.
i drink sugar water to kill the hunger pains during the day.

i burn off those calories with the exercises i do.

i have quirks on the way i am dieting but i have not purged yet so that is a good thing.

i do what it takes to get there.

kelsco99
04-30-2006, 09:33 PM
I think I am going to gain several lbs back this week. I have been very very bad... I have no urge right now to recoup what I can.

My bad week also coincides with a week that I haven't spent much time on the DIS...maybe they are connected :confused3

sahbushka
04-30-2006, 11:19 PM
I deffinitely agree with that! I wasn't on due to my dh having the computer in for maintenance! We just have to be on 24/7 and we'll be fine!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
05-01-2006, 07:02 AM
So I did not do so well yesterday. In fact, it was my most off plan day since starting trying to lose weight over 2 months ago. My fingers are swollen today from the salt and I ate way more candy than I should have. But this morning starts a brand new day and I am taking a minute before eating anything to re commit myself to losing weight. Today is a new day with no mistakes in it, and I am going to keep it that way. Today I will have a bottle of water, a half cup of trim cottage cheese and a half cup of pinapple for breakfast. I will take a bottle of water to church and for lunch I will have a tuna fish sandwich and a piece of fruit. I will have a bottle of water between lunch and dinner. For dinner I will have measured out left over thai food and 2 bottles of water. I will not go over points today. If I have a craving I will go out and walk or I will drink another bottle of water. Today will be a good day! And even though TOM is here and weigh in is soon and I will probably gain after yesterday, it is up to me to do the very best I can at going forward again instead of backwards. I may have gained some, but I can stop that from being a lot!
Sarah

Sarah, everyone has an off day now and then. Good for you picking up and going on. :thumbsup2

Princess Michelle
05-01-2006, 07:30 AM
Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement and support. :grouphug:

It's getting easier day by day to let it go. It's hard because we do work together and we work closely together most days but the saying time heals all wounds is true. It's been over a month now and I think having been able to get out all my emotions about it recently has really helped a lot. Plus I've gotten occupied with other things so I'm not constantly thinking about it anymore.

So today I am back to the gym (I sure have enjoyed sleeping 1.5 hours later though!). I also have been really sabatoging myself on the weekends, that's always been a problem for me. I need to start making sure there is food here to eat that is convenient and healthy. I also tend to overeat on the weekends when I don't have much to do. Got to change that.

Some good news though! I took my measurements for the month and I was down 3.5 inches! Woo Hoo! :woohoo:

I have to go get some breakfast and get this show on the road.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :sunny:

kelsco99
05-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Happy to hear back from you Michelle :sunny:

You have a very positive outlook on things! As hard as it can be at times, you know better times are just over the horizon! :thumbsup2

Have a great day!

macraven
05-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement and support. :grouphug:

It's getting easier day by day to let it go. It's hard because we do work together and we work closely together most days but the saying time heals all wounds is true. It's been over a month now and I think having been able to get out all my emotions about it recently has really helped a lot. Plus I've gotten occupied with other things so I'm not constantly thinking about it anymore.

So today I am back to the gym (I sure have enjoyed sleeping 1.5 hours later though!). I also have been really sabatoging myself on the weekends, that's always been a problem for me. I need to start making sure there is food here to eat that is convenient and healthy. I also tend to overeat on the weekends when I don't have much to do. Got to change that.

Some good news though! I took my measurements for the month and I was down 3.5 inches! Woo Hoo! :woohoo:

I have to go get some breakfast and get this show on the road.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :sunny:

hang in there princess.
the best is yet to come.

blow off the days you ate more, as long as you live and as long as you diet, you and i and everyone else, will have those days ahead of us.

it's not to dwell on the past eating habits but how you will deal with the future ones.

you will look back in a year from now and be amazed at all you have accomplished.

i keep a journal of events, thoughts, weight, etc.
i tend to push out of my mind unpleasantries.
the dated journal lets me review my successes when i am down. this lifts me up a lot.

daisy_77
05-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Hi, ladeez!
I got my Nutrisystem in the mail today...WOW, there was a lot of food! I am still doing WW, I am just eating Nutrisystem food so I don't go eat anything convenient, i.e., fast food. I am back at the warehouse working cuz DH had to fire someone and I don't have the convenience of cooking my food.

The food actually taste pretty darn good. Better than Lean Cuisine! Anywho...good luck, ladies! Don't give up! :goodvibes

AdventurerKat
05-02-2006, 06:37 AM
Good morning everyone! Weigh in day.

I am catching a cold I think. :( But on the bright side, I did manage to stay the same this week which is actually a good thing because TOM is coming soon. Next week I should recoup this week's loss and hopefully more.

Good luck everyone!

TinksPixieDust
05-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Good morning everyone! Weigh in day.

I am catching a cold I think. :( But on the bright side, I did manage to stay the same this week which is actually a good thing because TOM is coming soon. Next week I should recoup this week's loss and hopefully more.

Good luck everyone!
I did some snacking this week when I knew I shouldnt have. :sad: Need to buckle down on that. I did lose 5lbs. this week though so that's a plus. I agree with whoever it was that said being on the DISing Ladies thread helps keep you focused completely. Hope everyone had a good week.. and if you didnt this is the start of a new week. :grouphug:

Trish5768
05-02-2006, 09:19 AM
I gained AGAIN this week. Started a new diet yesterday, hopefully, it will kick me in the right direction. I also started jogging last night. Feel pretty good today, which is a plus.

Congrats, to all who lost. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

sahbushka
05-02-2006, 09:33 AM
I stayed the same this week. After the day I had saturday I am pretty pleased with that. Also my TOM will be over in another day or so and that is when I usually will drop a couple of pounds. I think this coming week will be a good one! Congrats Tinkspixiedust! 5 lbs is amazing! Keep up the GREAT work!
SArah

kelsco99
05-02-2006, 09:50 AM
It looks like I gained 2 lbs this week. My TOM is here is right now and maybe that is why I had a bad week. Also, my regular gym buddy didn't make it out at all last week and I kind of used that as an excuse. Plus it was a busy week and I didn't get to DIS much at all. I actually had to give up on catching up on the chat thread for the first time ever :scared1:

So with all that, honestly, I expected it to be much worse

Congrats to you Wendy on your big loss - that's awesome!

Trish, we are both starting fresh again - let's do it right this time!

Good luck to everyone this week - lets get that total up over 60 lbs for next Tuesday!

anut4disney
05-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Well I lost 1 1/2 pounds since our last weigh in. :banana: Yesterday when I weighed myself I had lost 2 pounds, no idea what happened so I'm a little bummed :sad: but only a little bit. ;)

Today is going to be my bad day, I'm eating a fried chicken sub and drinking a pepsi. I'm just going to enjoy eating today and the rest of the week I am going to get back on the straight and narrow. I am not even going to go to Sparkpeople and keep track of what I eat today. :rolleyes1

Good luck for the upcoming week everyone. :wizard:

SnowWhite33
05-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Hi Girls....

OK, I haven't been over here for a while. Since starting all of this I've lost 5 or pounds. Not too bad I guess. I'm wanting to lose much more and I think if I can be here a little more it will help me to focus.

Last week I just felt "down" and didn't excercise at all last week. I'm getting back on track now though. I went yesterday and am planning on going today, Wed and Thurs. I'm taking Fri off, but will be getting there on Sat morn.

Oh and I have a motivational drill sgnt from here and she's helping me a lot, thanks mac.

Good luck and let's keep our chins up...we are going to be the hottest bunch of gals in Orlando come the end of Sept :thumbsup2

sahbushka
05-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Well, I am on my 3rd bottle of water so far today. Work is pretty slow and I have a feeling I will be sent home early. That is ok with me, though, as I have tons of stuff I need to do and the weather is really pretty right now. I hope everyone is doing well as we start this new week. What is one reason you want to lose the weight?
Sarah
P.S. my reason is to be able to keep up with my son. He is walking now and will be running any second! In order to keep him safe, I need to be able to keep up with him!

kelsco99
05-02-2006, 01:32 PM
I have several reasons.

One I can think of right now is that I want to know what a well tuned in shape body feels like. I want to feel the exhilaration of completing a major physical event...that is why I am so drawn to runners and running. I have dreams about running ALL THE TIME and I love those dreams - hate to wake up from them.

I am so far from accomplishing anything like that but it still intrigues me.

sahbushka
05-02-2006, 04:55 PM
So I am trying to figure out what I should have for dinner. I have 15 pts left for the day. I didn't get any meat out of the freezer last night, so that severely limits my options. I suppose I could do the pizza nachos that we got a recipe for in the ww cookbook. Or I could do scalloped potatos, ww style. Neither of those is all that appealing though...oh, how about the scalloped potatos and some ham. Now that sounds better. Ok, I think that's what I'll have. Thanks for your help :rolleyes1
Sarah

AdventurerKat
05-02-2006, 05:16 PM
So I am trying to figure out what I should have for dinner. I have 15 pts left for the day. I didn't get any meat out of the freezer last night, so that severely limits my options. I suppose I could do the pizza nachos that we got a recipe for in the ww cookbook. Or I could do scalloped potatos, ww style. Neither of those is all that appealing though...oh, how about the scalloped potatos and some ham. Now that sounds better. Ok, I think that's what I'll have. Thanks for your help :rolleyes1
Sarah

LOL. We didn't even get to vote yet Sarah!

I think 15 points is a great amount for dinner. That's alot to have left.

Marseeya
05-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Well Ladies, I haven't been checking in too much lately. I've been SO busy with school and so stressed out.

I almost didn't post to Kat this week and thought about dropping out, but at the last minute I changed my mind and sent her my weight.

I gained 3 pounds. :( :( :(

I really need to do something to get motivated. I leave for my June trip in 32 days -- not enough time to lose a substantial amount of weight, but I could still lose a little so that my clothes are looser and more comfortable. I haven't been to the gym in a MONTH. Time has just gotten away with me. I was sick for two weeks with some kind of strep/bronchitis combo, and then two more weeks just got away from me after I got better.

I just need to get with the program!!!

Yardbird
05-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Not the greatest week here, my weight stayed the same. I know why, I didn't keep the focus when making food choices. I have started to ride the exercise bike 4-5 times a week for 30 minutes, a little over 6 miles each time, unfortunately that isn't enough. I make poor choices when we go out to dinner, and I snack on things that I shouldn't. Those two things need to change!

Congrats Wendy and Shirley, on the weight loss! The rest of us will do better next week. ;)

TinksPixieDust
05-03-2006, 04:14 PM
I have many reasons for wanting to loose weight. The last time I was skinny was when I was 12, I'd like to see my DH's eyes light up when he looks at me, I'd like to myself feel more attractive, My mother and her mother both had/have Rhumetoid Arthretis(sp?) so that's a -HUGE- concern for me and I'd like to have enough energy to keep up with my son... TONS OF REASONS!

Princess Michelle
05-04-2006, 07:01 PM
I checked in with Kat on Tuesday but I forgot to let the rest of you know how I did. I stayed the same, which is way better than a gain!

I'm making my goal for this month to get to the gym 5 times a week, every week. I did good the first two weeks of the challenge and the last two I kind of fell apart. I don't want that to happen again this month. I've already been fighting with myself this week but I've made it every day so far. I just have to be tough with myself and tell myself you will never get what you want if you don't make the effort to get it. You aren't going to lose any weight by sleeping an extra hour or by sitting at the computer all morning before work. Wednesday morning I procrastinated and I even told my mom, I don't think I'm going to go, I've messed around and it's so late now but then I kicked myself in the rear and got myself together and got my lazy butt to the gym. I'm really proud of myself when I do that and I try to keep that in my mind when I'm feeling like I don't want to go. It's all mental with me. It's not the physical aches, pains or fatigue that I'm fighting with, it's my own mind that I wrestle with. I will win though because I do not want to live the rest of my life this way.

Congratulations to everyone who lost this week, good job to those who stayed the same and to those who gained, do your best to get it together for a better weigh in next week.

Have a good night girls! :sunny:

sahbushka
05-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone. Well I have been doing pretty well this week even though I am really stressed as today is the last day of work for me and I will be starting a new job on Monday. I have made good choices and have been enjoying the weather outdoors the past couple days. I have to admit to peeking at my personel scale often. And it finally went down below 220! The one I officially weigh in on is about 2 lbs heavier on average, but it is so cool to see that thing go below that silly number! It will mean that will be the smallest I have been since my pregnancy! Good luck on the rest of your week everyone and especially on your weekend!
Sarah

AdventurerKat
05-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Good morning everyone. Well I have been doing pretty well this week even though I am really stressed as today is the last day of work for me and I will be starting a new job on Monday. I have made good choices and have been enjoying the weather outdoors the past couple days. I have to admit to peeking at my personel scale often. And it finally went down below 220! The one I officially weigh in on is about 2 lbs heavier on average, but it is so cool to see that thing go below that silly number! It will mean that will be the smallest I have been since my pregnancy! Good luck on the rest of your week everyone and especially on your weekend!
Sarah

Its so awesome to get under that pregnancy weight isn't it. :)

And hello everyone! Sorry I have been out of touch, just a crazy few days culminating in last nights sick child event.

I know some of you are doing ww and I wanted to tell you I found these frozen mexican dinners by Don Miguel. Dirt cheap too, like $1.00 at Walmart. Mind you, not the creme de la creme of mexican but they are only 7 points. Might be able to get you past that mexican craving.

I was down .5 this morning but I think after I get back from WDW next week I need to start doing a little more. My life just seems a little hectic right now but I think more exercise is actually the good thing here, something to keep my mind clear and help my body.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good weekend.