PDA

View Full Version : Booking a suite?

mickey7
03-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Is it difficult to get a cat.1, 2, or 3? If one would like to book the Walt's suite should one go through a travel agent? Everytime I check I never see it offered on the Disney reservations site. Also how much does the Cat. 1 suite go for a family of 2 adults and a child? Thanks

WVMD
03-16-2006, 08:06 PM
They are very difficult to reserve unless you are traveling in the off season. Most of the "in-season" Suites are reserved months if not years in advance. The best thing to do is check with some of the travel agents such as Dreams Unlimited. You can also fax a request in to inventory control for future cruises. We were waitlisted for the 2004 10 day Holiday cruise fro 16 months before we got a room. We had faxed a request in for any future special sailings and managed to reserve a Cat. 3 on the 11 day this Sept. We hope to get a suite in the Med. next year.

I can't give you an exact figure on the price of a Cat. 1 - but I would expect to pay at least $10k family of 3 for a 7 day (based on what my previous and upcoming cruises are costing.)

HTH

Virgil
pirate:

BeanoC
03-16-2006, 08:08 PM
The waitlist for the cat. 1 or 2 suites is generally 2 years... or more.
Cat. 3's are much easier to get since there are so many more of them, but still you'll need to book several months in advance. I have always worked with Dreams Unlimited Travel, and they have provided fantastic service, including bookings in both the Walt and Roy suites the last 2 years!

Go SueEllen!! :cool1: :cool1:

dobelover
03-16-2006, 08:17 PM
I called DCL this past Monday and was able to book a cat 2 for Oct 13, '07! No waiting. For 5 adults, ins and transfers @ 12k.

go figure :confused3

Hi Virgil!

Sue

cats mom
03-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Have they started the non-refundable policy on the suites? I thought I had read it would be starting with the 2007 cruises.

I've seen several posts in the past where people were able to get into a suite about the time final payment was due.
I'm guessing folks might think twice about holding a suite on the chance that they might cruise if they stand to loose a sizeable deposit.

Maybe the suites will be a bit easier to get now.