PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourselves!

Pages : 1 [2]

SkyMedik
03-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Hello everyone! Thanks for providing such a great environment.... I discovered DIS while Google-ing the prospect of a gay wedding at Disney. And while it was a disappointment to learn what so many others have about that particular policy, at least finding the answer was cushioned by finding this great resource for gay Disney lovers like myself. Oh, by the way, I'm single, I just got carried away daydreaming about one day getting married there....LOL...I'm 23, a gay male, living in Maryland between DC and Baltimore. Currently I work as a cardiology supervisor and paramedic, but I'm seriously considering a quest to obtain gainful employment in the Orlando area. So if anyone knows if Disney hires paramedics at the parks let me know. Trying to pick a favorite thing about WDW is impossible for me - but while I'm there I get a sense that the world is perfect and magical, and I think that above all is what makes me an addict. Thanks again for the site! I look foward to talking to all of you!

ACEG692
03-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi,
My name is Angi and I am from Southern California (Long Beach to be exact). I am lucky enough to have grownd up going to the happiest place on earth...
and 2 years ago got to go to my dream vacation Disney World... yeah i know a little lame but so so fun! I am a single chick but I do have the required 2 cats (Lucy and Ricky) from the lesbian handbook.
Anyway a friend just had me read this for some other thread and i thought i would join in! Have a beautiful night everyone!!

Rayner
03-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Hi all,

I'm MaryAnn. I'm new to the forum. I've been to Disney three times with my kids who are now all grown but am going in May for the first time with my lovely wife. She has never been so I'm very excited to share it with her.
I can't wait to go.:cheer2:

sarahandhannahsmom
03-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi to everyone,

I've been a member of the Dis for awhile but away for a couple of years. Planning another trip, so I'm back and stumbled onto this forum.

My name is Allie (40 - ouch that hurts...just happened) and my DP is Kim and she is 42. We celebrated our 17th anniversary recently, and are in the process of raising our two daughters, Sarah (9) and Hannah(6). The midwest is tough.....but we are tougher. We were pioneers in our town when we decided to have children, almost ten years later, it's much more common.

Looking forward to our next trip to Disney in July of this year. Nice to read about all of you.

Longhairbear
03-25-2007, 05:28 AM
I can't remember if I posted on this thread, so here goes.
I am Frank, and my partner is John. We are bears, and live an hour from Disneyland in CA. We have been DVC members for 4 years, and our home base is Villas Wilderness Lodge. We usually go to WDW for Flower and Garden, Gay Days, and Food and Wine. I love to cook, so usually include some Disney recipe from the 4 Disney resort cookbooks.
I can be found on here, and both of us on Live Journal, and various "bear" sites, as well as just about every other Disney website known to exist. We also belong to a gay car club, and drive a 57 Chevy on weekends.
John is a CA native, and I was born and raised in MA before moving to CA in '99. And yes, I still have a Boston accent.

Boston5602
03-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I just want to say a big HELLO to all you people that posted on this board . Its nice to see so many people !

watersbland
03-29-2007, 08:04 PM
My name is Danah and my girlfriend is Mandie. We are 26 and 28, in that same order. We share a house in North Carolina with our dog and 3 cats. I joined this board because it was one of the first places I was able to find any infomation for gay and lesbian couples on WDW. We are getting married this coming September and are planning to spend our honeymoon at WDW. I have only been to WDW once and that was years ago when I was 7 or 8 and Mandie went in highschool. It has been a while since either of us has been and we've never been together so I can't wait! For the moment I've become sort of Disney obsessed while trying to get this thing planned and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Well, nice to meet you all and look forward to sharing more with you.

pirate:

jlewisinsyr
04-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Hello All.

My name is Joe and my boyfriend of 6 years is Chip. When I fell in love with Chip along came the love for Disney.

We live in Syracuse, NY (the snowiest large city in the US and winner of the golden snowball award year after year) but love to travel, both for fun and culture.

I've been to Disney 6 times and Chip, who knows how many, he used to work there years and years ago as a cast member in the college program and subsequently just for his own enjoyment.

This year he twisted my arm enough and left hints on a daily basis until I caved and booked the Grand Floridian for 6 nights/7 days on top of our week cruise. It will be fun all the same.

IcicleM
04-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Awww, everyone on here is so cute. Cute couples, cute dreams and futures. ^_^ I wuv Disney, haha. I turned 18 March 22nd, which was really exciting. I opened a bank account for my birthday (haha! just kidding) Actually, I went to New York and saw Mary Poppins, Tarzan, The Lion King, and A Chorus Line. All that's missing is Beauty and the Beast, which I'm hoping to see this summer before it leaves Broadway. Then, come December, I'm off to see The Little Mermaid! YAY!

But in September or so, I'm going to start working at Disney. Until then, I am looking to make some money before I move, and I need to find a place to live.

Saxton
04-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Hello All.

My name is Joe and my boyfriend of 6 years is Chip. When I fell in love with Chip along came the love for Disney.

We live in Syracuse, NY (the snowiest large city in the US and winner of the golden snowball award year after year) but love to travel, both for fun and culture.

Uh, Joe ... as a Buffalonian I can honestly say they you guys are more than welcome to the golden snowball!!!! I'll be in Syracuse next week for work ... please make sure all the snow is gone.

Welcome to our board and welcome to all the other new folk.

cdn ears
04-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Hello All.

I've been to Disney 6 times and Chip, who knows how many, he used to work there years and years ago as a cast member in the college program and subsequently just for his own enjoyment.

This year he twisted my arm enough and left hints on a daily basis until I caved and booked the Grand Floridian for 6 nights/7 days on top of our week cruise. It will be fun all the same.

:welcome: Joe, Chip and any other newbies.

As Saxton said you guys are more than welcome to keep the white stuff. It has been coming and going all week up here and is in the forecast again for tomorrow....YEAH!!!

Rocke & Tender
04-14-2007, 05:33 PM
I am becoming addicted to this forum and would love to know a little about all of you that I see post every day. I searched and didn't find another intro thread so... I started one. :teeth:
I'm Julie, my partner is Ava. We live in NYC, beautiful Harlem to be exact.
I'm 30, she's 26. We have 2 cats (yeah yeah the lesbians and their cats ;) )
We're going to WDW again April 22nd-28th!

If anyone has any other questions I'd be glad to answer them :thumbsup2

So... tell me about yourselves!
Hi, we are new to this forum but already having fun. My name is Nena and my partner's name is Darlene. I am 43, well for a few more months and Darlene is 47. Our birthdays are 6 months apart and both on the 30th. We met online (Rocke and Tenderheart) and have been together now (April 23rd) for 5 years. We are both Disney Nuts!!!! We are totally hooked on pin trading. We love going and just sitting, trading pins and talking/meeting new people. We live in Las Vegas, Nevada. We don't own any animals anymore since someone poisoned our dalmation (Cricket), too heart breaking. WE are currently selling trader pins to help people to be able to afford to keep pin trading.

We have never made it to any of the other parks besides DLR. Our future plans are to go to WDW and to take a Disney Cruise (crossing fingers, before we get too old!). Ok enough rambling. If you ever make it to DLR, stop by on Mondays and look for the 2 biggest women there...you got it....that will be us! We both are BIG kids at heart!! We love having fun and enjoying each other. Hope to meet some of you at DLR. Have a GREAT Day!!

Nena & Darlene

PeterPan
04-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi all =)

Not really new to the dis but haven't been around much recently (and this board didn't exist when I was coming here fairly regularly)... nice to have a board of our own :)

Soooo... wanted to say hi =) My name is Jon, currently single (which seems to be the minority on this board =p), I live in Sterling, VA and obviously I love Disney and I am a HUGE Peter Pan fan.

I go to WDW almost every year and since my best friend lives in San Diego I make him take me to Disneyland when I go out to visit him =p Right now thinking about taking a trip to WDW in mid sept during the free dining offer... but it would be a solo trip for the first time... so haven't made a firm decision yet =p

So again hi! And I will try to stop in often :)

DVC~OKW~96
04-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Hi PeterPan! Yes, isn't this a lovely board? :cool1: Good to have a place of our own. :thumbsup2

WDW solo can be a wonderful experience. I'll bet you'd have a great time!

CanadianGuy
05-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure that I've ever posted in this thread.. and being lazy.. I'm not going to read all 18 pages to find out .. I'll just post again. (Responsible moderator in action eh?)

I'm Knox .. that is actually my last name.. but nobody calls me by my first name since it's the most common name ever.. and there's always six other "Johns" around.. so I defaulted to Knox a few years ago and it stuck.

I'm 37 years old and will be celebrating 38 at Disney over Gay Days. Wahoo! I like having my birthday and GayDays ALWAYS fall together. It's handy. I live in the backwoods of Canada. Almost. Ok its a city. But there aren't many gays here. Or at least I can't find 'em. I lived for a while in New York City (95-98) and Los Angeles (98 - 2002) but then I came home to the backwoods. It's nice here.

I work at a radio station as promotions director and event planner. It's a fun job. Hardly feels like work most days.. which is the idea right? My cheesy radio station promotional picture is in my profile. I was going to do the thing where I point my fingers like a gun and wink.. but management said "No." Boo management.

And because I only work 87 hours a week at the radio station, I spend my spare time as a moderator on the Resorts board here on the DIS.

Well.. at least it keeps me out of more serious trouble. ;)

My significant other is... umm.. wait a sec.. Oh yah.. STILL OUT THERE.. Hey if you're reading this - you are seriously LATE young man. Call me ASAP! ;)

Knox

DisneyDudet
05-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Well.. I have to get to bed soon but here's some about me...

I am pretty much new at all this stuff. I've come out to a few people, but not my family. My girlfriend and I (both 23) met at school(college) and she had a crush on me and I dared her to kiss me.. so.. well.. she wouldn't.. so I did it! And we've been together ever since! It has been a year and 2 months of bliss!

We're both nurses, not at the same hospital tho.

I'm girlie to the max! My favorite color is pink, I hate to sweat. I love long baths and pedicures. High heels are my favorite. My hair is long and I love to wear it straight (even though its super curly). I like getting my hair done and getting new sunglasses. I have 8 piercings.. all in my ears tho!

I love Louis Vuitton and Coach purses and wallets. My wallets and purses have to match! I wear Vera Wang's Princess perfume, which my girl calls Princess Baby.

I'm short. She's tall. She loves blue. I love pink. She's on the comfy side, I'm pretty prissy. Amazingly though, we finish each other's sentences. Will say the most RANDOM things at the same exact time! We're so alike.

We both live with our families. We just graduated college, and we're saving for a house together. We did live for a year together during college, which was amazing. Its hard now that I work the night shift and she's day shift. We don't get to talk much.

She has been to Disney once, but really didn't like it. I've been 12 times and LOVE it. I'm talking her into going someday. She says we can't go there for every trip :confused: but we can for some. She wants to to to Paris... you know what that means!

Thanks for having this forum for people like me. It feels great to be able to be myself to people.

ConcKahuna
05-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Ohhhh Paris...want company? LOL

Aaronbox
05-14-2007, 09:54 AM
As CanadianGuy said, "I'm 37 years old and will be celebrating 38 at Disney over Gay Days. Wahoo! I like having my birthday and GayDays ALWAYS fall together. It's handy."
I'm another Gemini, my birthday on June 3rd (I'm 38), means that one of the Gay Days will nearly always fall on my birthday, too. This year will be my first to attend Gay Days. I love Disney. It runs in my family. My grandparents took my relatives to Disneyland until Disney World opened, then we all went there annually for years. I still find it unusual to find folks who turn up their noses at my enthusiasm for Disney. I read trip reports about the Pirates & Princess Parties and nearly got choked up with joy and anticipation of ever going during one. I have an awesome pirate costume pirate: to wear there (yes, I'm serious). Currently, I wear it to the pirate ball and Captain Morgan Fantasy Fest Parade here in Key West. Which is the other favorite place / time of my life. So, I'm still a kid at heart - but if you ever come to Key West for Fantasy Fest, be aware that it is joyously a VERY adult week of events (Halloween).

ConcKahuna
05-14-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm another Gemini, my birthday on June 3rd (I'm 38), means that one of the Gay Days will nearly always fall on my birthday, too. This year will be my first to attend Gay Days.

I think we need to have a joint b-day party for you 2 boys!!

CanadianGuy
05-16-2007, 10:09 PM
I think we need to have a joint b-day party for you 2 boys!!

I completely agree. I'm thinking at the 05/31 PI DIS Meet (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1455699) -- ya? BIG fun.

Conc - please bring two "It's My Birthday!" buttons. :goodvibes

Knox

Aaronbox
05-17-2007, 09:54 AM
If you DO bring birthday buttons to PI on the 31st, then I won't have to pick one up on June 3rd when we arrive at Disney MGM. That would be very sweet.

ConcKahuna
05-18-2007, 08:00 AM
I'll grab a handful....

But would you prefer "Happy Birthday" or "Feliz Cumpleaños"? Disney has both now...

CanadianGuy
05-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Personally.. not to be greedy -- but I'd like one of each. While not spanish bilingual, I am french-biliingual and I love meeting people who speak all languages. :)

Knox

Aaronbox
05-18-2007, 10:15 AM
As there are just two birthday boys, I think that's all we need. English is good for me.

Jeffybob56
06-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Jeff & Kerry here (I'm Jeff); both 50 somethings. We have four cats, Kitty, Sammi Jean, Black & Rocky. I am a Disney pin collector. Own a small 3-bedroom house in south Alameda County, in the SF Bay Area.

We've been together 7 years now and Kerry's has 2 daughters, 20, and 24. We are employed in Finance industry.

Love to Travel. DVC members. Would love to connect with other members ... who knows, perhaps a coordinated vacation in WDW in the future? :thumbsup2

Disneyland Paris: 2002
Hilton Head Resort: 2005
Saratoga Springs: 2006

Viki
06-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Jeff & Kerry here (I'm Jeff); both 50 somethings. We have four cats, Kitty, Sammi Jean, Black & Rocky. I am a Disney pin collector. Own a small 3-bedroom house in south Alameda County, in the SF Bay Area.

We've been together 7 years now and Kerry's has 2 daughters, 20, and 24. We are employed in Finance industry.

Love to Travel. DVC members. Would love to connect with other members ... who knows, perhaps a coordinated vacation in WDW in the future? :thumbsup2

Disneyland Paris: 2002
Hilton Head Resort: 2005
Saratoga Springs: 2006

Welcome! Great to have you onboard!

We are a friendly group and we love to meet up in the World - a whole flock of folk are down right now for gay days, lounging by the BWV pools and having fun at PI! Check out the threads below.

piscesborn
06-04-2007, 01:48 AM
Greetings ladies and Gentelmen, Girls and boys (ok that is soooo DCL lingo ROFL)

My name is John, I live in Orlando and SHOCKER am a former cast memeber! I LOVE Disney! Even if cast members aren't as friendly as they should be!

I work in the Hotel Industry and LOVE IT!
I am single and I have a Cockatiel named Goofy (very appropriate)
I am 27 years old, Have been to disney more than 100 times in the past couple of years. I have also been on 2 disney cruises! EPCOT is my favorite Park! got questions hit me up! :)

And for those of you who are looking for Disney Ticket Discounts Avoid the desks at hotels and gas stations and so on in Orlando that offer "Discounted" tickets in orlando to Disney. You have to take a Time share tour that lasts hours! lol My parents got suckered into it even though I warned them. :)

ConcKahuna
06-04-2007, 07:01 AM
Welcome John!! Quite a few locals in here :) I love cockatiels, yet out of 7 birds I don't have any....

piscesborn
06-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Welcome John!! Quite a few locals in here :) I love cockatiels, yet out of 7 birds I don't have any....
I love em too especially My goofy, He has started giving kisses and he actually makes the kissing noise when he does it.

DVC~OKW~96
06-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Welcome to our newest members! :yay: Nice to have you with us. DVC member here, too. (Bet you would never have guessed)!

EPCOT is my favorite park, too! :cool1:

Looking forward to chatting about Disney with you!

ConcKahuna
06-04-2007, 02:52 PM
I love em too especially My goofy, He has started giving kisses and he actually makes the kissing noise when he does it.

My African Grey looovvess to give kisses. She kisses everyone, no matter how long she's known them. She also makes the angry meow that my one cat makes when she doesn't get her own way.

piscesborn
06-04-2007, 03:11 PM
My African Grey looovvess to give kisses. She kisses everyone, no matter how long she's known them. She also makes the angry meow that my one cat makes when she doesn't get her own way.

I LOVE african greys! a friend of mine had one that thought she was the queen of the castle and if you didn't say hello to her she would call you out for it. Her name was Mr. Magoo LOVED IT!

insoin
06-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Hello everyone. My name is Scott, I'm 34 almost 35 and I live near Louisville, KY. Just ran across the thread so I wanted to say hi. I will be coming down Sept 13-21 with my friend Monica.

geldub
06-07-2007, 12:07 PM
My 13 year old daughter and I are staying at one of the Marriott places in Orlando the week of June 23-June 30. We live near LA. My daughter loves rides and I'm not always crazy about getting my head earthquaked on the various rides....so I'm wondering if there are any other single or otherwise gay parents who will be around that week with kids who want to hang out in one or the other parks during the week. I'm a gay man in my late 40s. My daughter is sort of low key...although she loves the rides...and is young for her age....If there is another forum more appropriate for this request let me know...also any suggestions on the best rides in Orlando....thanks

Viki
06-07-2007, 12:11 PM
My 13 year old daughter and I are staying at one of the Marriott places in Orlando the week of June 23-June 30. We live near LA. My daughter loves rides and I'm not always crazy about getting my head earthquaked on the various rides....so I'm wondering if there are any other single or otherwise gay parents who will be around that week with kids who want to hang out in one or the other parks during the week. I'm a gay man in my late 40s. My daughter is sort of low key...although she loves the rides...and is young for her age....If there is another forum more appropriate for this request let me know...also any suggestions on the best rides in Orlando....thanks

hey, friend, let's see if we can find you someone - your best shot if to repost this with a header like, "Could you some help..." or some such thing.

A lot of folk might not check this thread, but they would respond in an individual thread.

OrlandoMike
06-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I dont have kids, but I sure like rides! :cool1:

(See my thread on Cedar Point)

PM me if you like.

Mike

dennis-in-ct
06-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey !! Dennis in CT here .

ConcKahuna
06-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Welcome Dennis!!

I<3EvilQueen
06-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Hey yall.

I am 33 and from the Detroit area, but have now been living here in Atlanta for 11 years now. I am a huge Disney fan, so I hope I can fit right in here ;-)

Ken

ConcKahuna
06-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Welcome Ken!!

Yup, you can tell you live in the south. You used "y'all" :goodvibes

I<3EvilQueen
06-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Welcome Ken!!

Yup, you can tell you live in the south. You used "y'all" :goodvibes

I have become a master of the word yall, the time I have been here. :woohoo:

mstew99
06-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi, i'm Mike, 26, and live up around Flint Michigan. Going to be visiting for my 5th time 9/5 - 9/12. The free dining plan has lured me back in another year. :earsboy:

I saw someone elses post about having a cockatiel named Goofy. Ha, well I have a 22 year old cockatiel named Mickey. He was my 4th birthday gift, so what else could a boy name his pet?

I<3EvilQueen
06-15-2007, 11:05 PM
.... so what else could a boy name his pet?

I have a Boston Terrier named Belle

ConcKahuna
06-16-2007, 07:05 AM
I saw someone elses post about having a cockatiel named Goofy. Ha, well I have a 22 year old cockatiel named Mickey. He was my 4th birthday gift, so what else could a boy name his pet?

Only one of my pets is named after a Disney character. I have a cat named Pocahontas. My other cats are named Chanel, Marylin, Honey, and Kitty. My birds are named Coco, Stormy, Elvis, Birdy, Sunny, and Dusty.

Yup, I live in a zoo.

piscesborn
06-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Ok so I don't know if I did this so I am gonna do it now. Sorry if I have already. (Family is in town and I am going insane with work so pardon the brain farts)

My name is John, I work in the hotel industry and have lived in orlando for about 5 years now. I LOVE Disney Espcially Stitch and Eyeore!!! I have been on 2 Disney Cruises aboard the fabulous Wonder and plan on going many times in the future. I am 27 years old and can say I have yet to goto MK for gaydays! hahaha

ridraggamuffin
06-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Hi everyone. Greetings from Wales in the United Kingdom.

Bore da! - Good morning !
P'nawn da! - Good afternoon!
Noswaith dda! - Good evening !

Take whichever greeting fits your time zone.

My name is Rhydian and I live with my partner Martin.

My mother turned me into a Disney Nut and now i'm trying to convert Martin :)

We are coming to Disney at the start of October 07, so i'm getting excited already!

ConcKahuna
06-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi everyone. Greetings from Wales in the United Kingdom.

Bore da! - Good morning !
P'nawn da! - Good afternoon!
Noswaith dda! - Good evening !

Take whichever greeting fits your time zone.

My name is Rhydian and I live with my partner Martin.

My mother turned me into a Disney Nut and now i'm trying to convert Martin :)

We are coming to Disney at the start of October 07, so i'm getting excited already!

Noswaith dda!

My family's origionally Welsh on my father's side. I've never been to visit though :(

DVC~OKW~96
06-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Welcome! I LOVE your name. Now tell me how to pronounce it properly, please? :goodvibes

ridraggamuffin
06-22-2007, 04:47 AM
Welcome! I LOVE your name. Now tell me how to pronounce it properly, please? :goodvibes

Rhydian is pronounced:

Rid - ian

It's a Welsh name, but I have no idea what it means. My mum told me it was an old King's name, but I don't know if that's true.

I tried searching the net for a meaning, but no luck yet :sad1:

If any one can help that would be great :thumbsup2

DVC~OKW~96
06-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks! I have a friend in Swansea. He spells his name Ieuan. Took me awhile to get the pronounciation right!

MomsOf2boys
07-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Hello everyone!

We just found the boards and wanted to drop a huge hello to everyone in this thread. HELLLLLLOooooOooo

My name is Susan and my SO is Mary. We have two boys that are 10 & 15 and wonderful little people in the making. We also of course have 2 dogs and 2 birds.

We are going on a cruise Oct 20th on the Magic and was hoping to find that some of ya'll are going to. Yes, we are in the south... North Carolina.

ConcKahuna
07-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Ohh, what kinds of birds do you have? I'm a bird person myself :)

MomsOf2boys
07-10-2007, 07:37 AM
I have a milk faced cockatiel... who is quite the charactor actually... and a green cheeked conure who is a grouchy old guy since we got the cockatiel. The cockatiel hangs upside down (which was a big challenge at first with many falls) and sings Christmas music all day and call the conure's name until he starts yelling. I think the conure is going to go crazy. hahahahahaha

jamieandben
07-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Hi and Welcome Momof2boys
From charlotte too Well i work in clt.
live in Rock hill now good to have a dis'er near

DVC~OKW~96
07-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Hello Momof2boys! Nice to have you join us. You'll have a great time on the holiday! :teeth: Looking forward to getting to know you.

MomsOf2boys
07-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi and Welcome Momof2boys
From charlotte too Well i work in clt.
live in Rock hill now good to have a dis'er near

Small world... my partner works uptown. I work the town..hahaha (real estate)
Thank you for the welcomes... I'll pop in whenever I can...more in the winter months...

MonorailMan
07-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Hello all!

I'm Sean, and I'm a professional commercial photographer from Columbus, Ohio. I'll be turning 30 at the end of August.

I'm lovin' everything I've found on this forum so far. I've seen other Disney-related forums on the web, but this one amazed me because it not only has all types of information you could want, it also seems to have a huge following with active members! I was expecting to see maybe 2 or 3 posts a day on here.....but I was happily mistaken. :yay: :yay:

Interests
-Drum and bugle corps
-Winterguard
-Photography (commercial and fine art)
-Dining out/good food and wine

I'm debating moving to the Orlando area sometime in the near future, so I thought it'd be a good idea to make some friends in the area. And, of course, it'd be great to be so close to WDW.

DVC~OKW~96
07-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Hey! Nice to have you with us!

ConcKahuna
07-13-2007, 07:35 AM
:welcome: Sean!!!

RemixBoyNJ
07-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Welcome .. It go's along with me being a gadget freak, but I love photography as well... between me and my DP, we have 5 cameras.

MonorailMan
07-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Welcome .. It go's along with me being a gadget freak, but I love photography as well... between me and my DP, we have 5 cameras.

5 cameras?? I'm impressed. I do this for a living, and I only have 3. :lmao:
Have any film cameras, or are they all digital?

EDIT
Make that 4 cameras. I forgot about my handy l'il digital point-and-shoot. :)

ConcKahuna
07-13-2007, 05:36 PM
I only have a digital point and shoot, and a 35mm Pentax. I feel camera-deficient now...

RemixBoyNJ
07-14-2007, 12:18 AM
well.. one is an antique camera..I am not even sure how old it is..LOL

Two point and shoot 35 (they dont get used all that much but sometimes when ya don't want to haul out the big guns they work fine), one regular SLR, one digital SLR

MonorailMan
07-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Does the antique camera have a bellows on it?

rpmdfw
07-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Hi there. I'm new to the DISboards, and wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Rob. My partner, Scott, and I live in the Ocoee/Windermere area. Roughly 8 miles north of the Magic Kingdom. We're big Disney fans and are avid Adventurers Club regulars.

I have participated in the WDWMagic discussion forums for the past few years along with the now mostly defunct forum on gayday.com. I had no idea the DisBoards existed or that there was a Gay/Lesbian forum here. I'm looking forward to spending some time on this forum along with the Wedding/Honeymoon forum as we plan our Commitment Ceremony.

I guess that's it. Just wanted to say "Hi".

Rob

jamieandben
07-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Welcome Rob

ConcKahuna
07-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Welcome Rob and Jeff!!

rpmdfw
07-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Welcome Rob and Jeff!!

Thanks! But my partner's name is Scott . . .

I tried to reply to your PM, but I keep getting an error message that my post count is too low.

MonorailMan
07-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Hi there. I'm new to the DISboards, and wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Rob. My partner, Scott, and I live in the Ocoee/Windermere area. Roughly 8 miles north of the Magic Kingdom. We're big Disney fans and are avid Adventurers Club regulars.

I have participated in the WDWMagic discussion forums for the past few years along with the now mostly defunct forum on gayday.com. I had no idea the DisBoards existed or that there was a Gay/Lesbian forum here. I'm looking forward to spending some time on this forum along with the Wedding/Honeymoon forum as we plan our Commitment Ceremony.

I guess that's it. Just wanted to say "Hi".

Rob

I'm kind of a newbie here as well.....but welcome, Rob and Scott! :) Congratulations on your upcoming Commitment Ceremony.

I've found there are lots of people on here to help you with your questions/needs, so I'm sure you'll like DISboards.

RemixBoyNJ
07-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Does the antique camera have a bellows on it?

As a matter of fact is dose :)

MonorailMan
07-16-2007, 03:58 PM
As a matter of fact is dose :)

Hmmmm.....well.....I'm thinking if it's the kind that folds up and can be carried around (aka a field camera) and has metallic/brassy or even wooden parts, then it was more than likely made before 1960. There's 1 or 2 companies still amking them, but they're not the easiest to come by. (Some of those go back as far as the late 1870s.) However, if it's a metal large format camera that requires the use of a monorail system, then those are still being produced by companies like Toyo and Cambo and have been in production for at least 30 years.

I miss shooting with a 4x5 camera. I've gotten some of the best images with them.

Sorry, I tend to blabber on about photography.

jamieandben
07-16-2007, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=rpmdfw;19768268]Thanks! But my partner's name is Scott . . .

:rotfl2:

ConcKahuna
07-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks! But my partner's name is Scott . . .

I tried to reply to your PM, but I keep getting an error message that my post count is too low.

RFLMAO!! I'm sorry I hadn't been caffeinated when I read that and sent the reply. Forgive me!! :worship:

rpmdfw
07-16-2007, 06:00 PM
RFLMAO!! I'm sorry I hadn't been caffeinated when I read that and sent the reply. Forgive me!! :worship:

No problem. I was trying to respond to your IM when you posted that. If I could've just figured out why it's not letting me send a PM, I would have caught you before you posted. Sorry!

RemixBoyNJ
07-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Hmmmm.....well.....I'm thinking if it's the kind that folds up and can be carried around (aka a field camera) and has metallic/brassy or even wooden parts, then it was more than likely made before 1960. There's 1 or 2 companies still amking them, but they're not the easiest to come by. (Some of those go back as far as the late 1870s.) However, if it's a metal large format camera that requires the use of a monorail system, then those are still being produced by companies like Toyo and Cambo and have been in production for at least 30 years.

I miss shooting with a 4x5 camera. I've gotten some of the best images with them.

Sorry, I tend to blabber on about photography.

It says Argus on it if that is any help, and its a metal body

Jigsaw
07-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Hi, Im Jen I'm 21 years old (yes ladies im single) :love:
I live in arizona I work as a cashier at a grocery store and I plan on going to school to become a film maker.

ConcKahuna
07-19-2007, 06:54 AM
Hi, Im Jen I'm 21 years old (yes ladies im single) :love:
I live in arizona I work as a cashier at a grocery store and I plan on going to school to become a film maker.

:welcome: Jen!!!

Film makers and camera fanatics...maybe we can make a DIS movie? :goodvibes

KyleLauren
07-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Hey all, I'm Kyle (I'm female and yes it's pronounced like the "boy's" name). I'm 25 and single :love: Too bad you're in AZ, Jen!

I'm in Philadelphia-area, PA. I'm a biology undergrad and I've just started applying to vet school!

I was just in Disney on a solo trip in January, and I'm going back for a really mini-vacation August 13-15. I usually go at least once a year.

And if you happened to catch VH-1's World Series of Pop Culture, yes I am the chick with the Toy Story bedroom!

Hi all :)

ConcKahuna
07-22-2007, 04:05 PM
:welcome: Kyle!!

Hey, I know a man named Kim and one named Tracy, so a girl can be Kyle any day of the week!

MonorailMan
07-22-2007, 07:17 PM
It says Argus on it if that is any help, and its a metal body

That would be one brand name that I'm not too familiar with, unfortuantely. I believe the company's still making cameras....but I'm not that familiar with their products. Sorry. :confused3

joanjett1976
07-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey all, I'm Kyle (I'm female and yes it's pronounced like the "boy's" name). I'm 25 and single :love: Too bad you're in AZ, Jen!

I'm in Philadelphia-area, PA. I'm a biology undergrad and I've just started applying to vet school!

I was just in Disney on a solo trip in January, and I'm going back for a really mini-vacation August 13-15. I usually go at least once a year.

And if you happened to catch VH-1's World Series of Pop Culture, yes I am the chick with the Toy Story bedroom!

Hi all :)

NO WAY!!! I just watched you on the VSpot last week. As part of my job I buy MTV programming for my television station and I was checking out the first four episodes online.

Looks like I'll be missing you at the world by a few weeks: We'll be there Sept 2-9.

KyleLauren
07-24-2007, 12:36 AM
NO WAY!!! I just watched you on the VSpot last week. As part of my job I buy MTV programming for my television station and I was checking out the first four episodes online.

Looks like I'll be missing you at the world by a few weeks: We'll be there Sept 2-9.

Too bad I'll miss you!!! That's so funny that you saw the "Toy Story" episode. A story animator from Pixar actually contacted me after seeing it!! Coolest thing that's ever happened to me!!!!!

joanjett1976
07-24-2007, 09:12 AM
wow, very cool.

welcome to the boards!

rottie155
07-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Hey guys and gals! I'm a newbie here too. My name's Adam, I'm 20 years old and live in London.

Not really much to say lol. I tend to go DLP a couple times a year with friends which is cool. Me and a friend are heading there in October for a week for the Halloween and 15th Celebrations staying in the Disney Hotel which will be awesome!

Anyways, anything you wanna know - just ask.

Ciao for now ::MickeyMo

:tink:Adam

RemixBoyNJ
07-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey Welcome..

Thats my name as well, though I am a bit older..LOL

Adam

rottie155
07-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey Welcome..

Thats my name as well, though I am a bit older..LOL

Adam

haha cool - two Adam's thats gonna get confusing lol

NewJersey
07-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Welcome! I'm Tim...23 and from NJ (I think the SN gives it away) :lmao:

ConcKahuna
07-31-2007, 10:07 PM
Welcome! I'm Tim...23 and from NJ (I think the SN gives it away) :lmao:

Sheesh Tim, with how long you've been posting here you just now post on this thread? LOL j/k :)

And welcome Adam!

NewJersey
07-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Sheesh Tim, with how long you've been posting here you just now post on this thread? LOL j/k :)

And welcome Adam!

Hush, shell boy. :rotfl2:

ConcKahuna
07-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Hush, shell boy. :rotfl2:

Pfft, you hush Jerseyboy!! :goodvibes

shazen
08-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Hello DISers,
I've been lurking on the DISboards for a few months and I'm finally getting around to introducing myself. My partner David and I live outside of Chicago and have two daughters (5 & 3). We joined DVC a few months ago so we anticipate going to WDW every year (we've only got two visits under our belt so far). I've learned a lot from these boards, so I expect that I'll be checking in periodically to keep up to date. Thanks to everyone for all the great info and tips!

- Scott

rottie155
08-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Hello DISers,
I've been lurking on the DISboards for a few months and I'm finally getting around to introducing myself. My partner David and I live outside of Chicago and have two daughters (5 & 3). We joined DVC a few months ago so we anticipate going to WDW every year (we've only got two visits under our belt so far). I've learned a lot from these boards, so I expect that I'll be checking in periodically to keep up to date. Thanks to everyone for all the great info and tips!

- Scott

Hey!! Welcome to the boards!!

AdaM

TinkerValkyrie
08-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Hi! Since I've already made two posts in this section of the boards I thought I might as well introduce myself. I'm Lindsay, I'm not gay, but I am bi and my longtime best friend is a gay man, so I hope I'm still welcome here:confused3 I'm mommy to 2 wild little boys aged 4 and 1 and have a yet undetermined one on the way. My hubby and I live in the suburbs of Baltimore.

ConcKahuna
08-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi! Since I've already made two posts in this section of the boards I thought I might as well introduce myself. I'm Lindsay, I'm not gay, but I am bi and my longtime best friend is a gay man, so I hope I'm still welcome here:confused3 I'm mommy to 2 wild little boys aged 4 and 1 and have a yet undetermined one on the way. My hubby and I live in the suburbs of Baltimore.

Great to meet you Lindsay, and everyone is welcome here!

rottie155
08-03-2007, 06:21 AM

Hey! Lovely to meet you!! This is Disney, everybody's welcome in the eyes of Disney!!!!!!!!!!! pluto: pooh: :eeyore: :smickey:

AdaM

DVC~OKW~96
08-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Yes! Yes! I agree! Welcome to our new friends. It is great to have you join us!

insoin
08-03-2007, 02:32 PM
So I forgot, and I'm to lazy to look back through the threads. Anyone going to WDW mid to late Sept? I'll be there from the 13th-21st. Hope everyone has a wonderful time while at Disney.

MomsOf2boys
08-05-2007, 09:08 PM

Wow two little boys... you are a busy lady. Welcome. I'm fairly new here also.... just try to lurk here mostly. Getting ready for a cruise so I have been busy on those boards. hahahaha

tony609
08-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Hi!

I have been on the Dis for awhile, rarely checked out the Gay and lebian chat. Not sure why. I think I get so caught up in the Theme park board that i spend hours there before i realize. I am getting better at checking out this section though.

Me, I am a huge Disney fan, obviously. I moved to Dallas about 3 years ago with my partner (at that time together 7 years) but since moving to TX we broke up after 9 years, so I was single for about a year and I have just begun dating a great guy....we are only about 6 weeks into our relationship, but i have strong feelings for him. He is a wonderful guy. :love:

I hear all the stories on here about how long some of the couples have been together on here and it gives me hope that this time I will find my true love!

Joshua_me
08-09-2007, 02:51 AM
Hi everyone...

I'm Joshua, and fairly new to these boards...

I'm a self-proclaimed 'Diznoid' who finds himself suddenly single after a rocky 6 year relationship with the BF...

It's a time of 're-adjustment' in my life, but one thing that always remains constant is my love/obsession with all things Disney.

I hope to get know some kind folks here.

ConcKahuna
08-09-2007, 08:22 AM
:welcome: Tony and Joshua!!

DVC~OKW~96
08-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Welcome! This is a lovely board to become a member of and you'll find us a pretty supportive group. :) So, come join us in a discussion thread and have some fun!

Zspa<3ariel
08-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Hey, I'm Zack, fairly new, but went to WDW this past July, and plan to go again on early december. 18, going into college. I love ariel, lol, random. But us red heads must stick together.

ConcKahuna
08-11-2007, 12:05 PM
:welcome: To yet another Zack!

Scissors4Franky
08-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Hello! Nice to meet you all!

I'm Franky, or, thats what I like to be called.
I'm sorta new to the GBLT boards, but whatever. :)
I post every so often, and I sorta stopped coming here for awhile, but now I'm back! :banana:

Anyway, I'm bisexual. I prefer females to males (no offense, guys!), and I feel more comfortable around trans and drag queens. In my oppinion, they are some of the most beautiful people.

My best friend is gay, and I love him to death! :flower3:

I'm single. I've had two gilrfriends in the past, but both were jerks.

I'm in my junior year of HS, and I live with my parents and little sister. I have a pet beta fish named Styphyn, and a plush velociraptor whom I call Jade.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/MorganaVictoria/jade.jpg

I'm an artist. If anyone is interested in seeing anything I've done, let me know. :upsidedow

Winkster
08-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Hi all!

I'm Paul, I'm 35 and from a little village in Oxfordshire in the UK where I live with my partner Lee (33) and our dog, Sparky.

I'm a huge fan of the Disney Parks. So far, I've done Disney World 7 times (soon to be 8), two of which have been with Lee as well as trip to Disneyland and 2 to Disneyland Paris.

Our next trip is in 5 1/2 weeks time - staying at POR (one of my favourite hotels in the world!).

Just found these boards after starting on talkdisney but there seems to be much more happening here.

Looking forward to loads of Disney chat! :goodvibes

swtnikki
08-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Welcome to all newbies to this board!

While I myself am not gay, (I've been going out with my wonderful boyfriend for almost 5 yrs.) I'm always looking for new friends. :)

Lazeric
08-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Hi my name is Eric and my husband (civily unionized spouse in CT) is Jason. We also have a famtastic, exceptional, beautiful 13yo activist daughter named Becca. We share our home in CT with our two dogs (welsh terrier and a maltese) and our attack cat named Lestat.

We have been going to disney together and before we were together for many many years. We just booked our second cruise, and we can't wait to go. It's the western carribean this time. We sailed to the eastern last year.

We didn't make it to WDW this year for the first time in 8 years becasue we held our civil union this June, and we can't go to WDW without our daughter..so we went somewhere else instead.

Hope to hear from all of you.

Eric

-------------------------------------
2008 - Western Car. Cruise - 7 Days party:
2007 - Paris for Honeymoon
2006 - Port Orleans
2006 - Eastern Car. Cruise -7 days
2005 - Dixie Landings
2004 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2003 - All Star Movies
2002 - Grand Floridian
2001 - Polynesian
2000 - POrt Orlenas

ETC.......

ConcKahuna
08-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Good to meet you Franky, Paul, Lee, Nikki, Eric, Jason, and Becca!!

parker71
08-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Hello everyone. Richard here,36 year old gay male from Sheffield in the north of England. Live with my partner Andy, been together 14 years. Been visiting WDW since 1981 and am still hopelessly in love with the place.

DVC~OKW~96
08-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Welcome Parker71. 14 years is a lovely long time for a relationship! :thumbsup2

You'll enjoy yourself here with us. We a decidedly friendly bunch! :goodvibes

dauser
08-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi All-

I am a huge Disney fan, lurking on this site for sometime.

I am a 38 year old gay male living in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I have been with my partner Greg for 9 years. Greg is not a huge Disney fan but has made some compromises for me. We've done a week-long trip in Oct. 2000 to WDW with friends, and then trips (us alone or with others) to WDW or DL in Nov/Dec of 2003, 04, 05, and 06. In the interim, I even took a few Disney trips on my own, either associated with business or trips that Greg was not able to be a part of.

My next trip is planned for WDW from Dec. 16-19. Greg was originally planning to go with me, but due to financial and other stresses in his life (and admitting that he isn't in any hurry to go back to Disney), has decided not to.

I've been visiting Disney parks about 2 times per year, and have been thinking about buying an AP to increase the frequency of my visits. I'm still trying to figure out if this is financially reasonable.

I look forward to meeting other gay and lesbian, as well as solo travelers, either in person or discsussing topics on this board!

Rick

ConcKahuna
08-29-2007, 10:19 PM
:welcome: Rick!!

If you're going to Disney more than 14 or so days a year, I say the AP is a great deal. Not only because of the park admission, but also because of the room discounts (I think they go up to 40% depending on time of year and availability).

UrsulasSidekick
09-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Hi everyone. My name is Justin. I'm 26 and I live near Pittsburgh. I just joined DIS Boards tonight. I think...:eek:...I can't remember if I joined it already! So mods...if I did, please keep this username and delete the other ;)

Im single & gay.

Let's see...I recently graduated from college with a degree in Hospitality Management. I like it. I'm a people person by nature. I work in a hotel in Pittsburgh at the front desk.

In 2004, I worked on the College Program at WDW in Animal Kingdom at Kali River Rapids. That started my love of Disney :D I spend way too much time on VMK and I have collected way too many Disney Pins.

And Im the most horrible person when it comes to talking about myself. LOL

Hope to make some good friends on here :)

~Justin

dna72
09-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Hi, we're Dave and Aleks - never seen this board before and came across it by accident. I'm Aleks and will be celebrating my 35th birthday in Orlando on 29 December. We're from Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK and have been together for over six years.

We're flying out to Orlando on Christmas Eve and staying for 17 nights on International Drive, about 10-15 minutes walk from Universal.

We've joined up to get some tips about Universal and Disney for our stay - which days to go, which parks, best place to go on my birthday and best place to be for NYE, prices, advance booking, etc.

We came to Orlando at the end of January 2007 for a couple of weeks, flew back home the day after the tornado/storms hit north of Orlando. We didn't do Disney but got 7-day/2-park tickets for Universal and made the most of them - couldn't keep me of Dueling Dragons or the Hulk!

Anyhow, this year we want to do things differently - understand that it'll be mega busy over Christmas/New Year - just hoping to pick up a few tips and make some friends along the way!

ConcKahuna
09-06-2007, 07:01 AM
:welcome: Justin, Dave, and Aleks!

Justin: Isn't that walk all the way to the back just the most annoying thing in the world at 7am?

D&A, how on earth did you stay busy at US/IOA for 7 days?!? I go for 6 hours and get bored :lmao:

UrsulasSidekick
09-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Justin: Isn't that walk all the way to the back just the most annoying thing in the world at 7am?

Oh god....that walk is HORRIBLE! Especially in the middle of the summer when the heat is already at 87 freakin degrees at 7am with 100% humidity and you're trying to dodge the guests all the while scrambling to clock in on time. Meh. Don't miss that. lemme tell ya. lol

And thanks for the welcome :D

dna72
09-06-2007, 02:21 PM
D&A, how on earth did you stay busy at US/IOA for 7 days?!? I go for 6 hours and get bored :lmao:

It's called "cruising" :rotfl2: more to US/IOA than going on the rides!

ConcKahuna
09-07-2007, 07:04 AM
It's called "cruising" :rotfl2: more to US/IOA than going on the rides!

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Citywalk is a good place for that...

jamieandben
09-07-2007, 07:25 AM
:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Citywalk is a good place for that...

DTD is a good place for that to

OrlandoMike
09-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Hey WOO HOO look who's little car is sitting on the last day!

Your going to Disney World!

:cool1: :banana: :yay: :cheer2: :thumbsup2 :hippie: :wizard:

jamieandben
09-07-2007, 08:17 AM
I KNOW
i dont know Y i came into work today.
Its not like iam going to do anything.
:banana: :dance3: :cheer2:

rpmdfw
09-07-2007, 08:25 AM
I KNOW
i dont know Y i came into work today.
Its not like iam going to do anything.

The best thing to do on the last day before a WDW trip is to say

"Only 12 more hours until I leave"; "only 11 more hours until I go to Disney" etc.

I used to drive my coworkers CRAZY that way. And they all knew that if they made some snotty remark, that I wouldn't bring back any goodies for them, so they all kept quiet. It was excellent. :rotfl2:

I can't do that since I moved to Orlando, though. :sad2:

Oh well. I guess it's a small price to pay.

jamieandben
09-07-2007, 08:28 AM
The best thing to do on the last day before a WDW trip is to say

"Only 12 more hours until I leave"; "only 11 more hours until I go to Disney" etc.

I used to drive my coworkers CRAZY that way. And they all knew that if they made some snotty remark, that I wouldn't bring back any goodies for them, so they all kept quiet. It was excellent. :rotfl2:

I can't do that since I moved to Orlando, though. :sad2:

Oh well. I guess it's a small price to pay.

Yep work wife is going to kill me if 12:00 dont hurry up and get here.:rotfl:

OrlandoMike
09-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Did she give you a list of things to bring back?

God knows I had to schlep a gallon jug of Knotts Boysenberry jelly home for my work wife! :rotfl:

jamieandben
09-07-2007, 08:36 AM
nope:confused3
She's not much into disney (YET) But i'am working on it!

OrlandoMike
09-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Thank God! I was wondering if Conck and I were going to have to take you to property control!

jamieandben
09-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Hold on to that thought
I'am going to buy for me. (Poor Ben)

OrlandoMike
09-07-2007, 08:52 AM
ConcK!

HELP!

Property Control makes me break out in a rash!

ConcKahuna
09-07-2007, 09:00 AM
I can do PC. I brought Knox there, so I guess it's only fair that I bring Jamie and Ben too!

You'll just owe me another drink... (I'm broke so I'm trying to get as drunk as possible off of other people's money :rotfl2: )

jamieandben
09-07-2007, 09:09 AM
OK what is Property Control I'am Blonde...

OrlandoMike
09-07-2007, 09:11 AM
You kids have fun! Daddy will be at the Outer Rim ordering a round for when your done!

(Think Disney's version of Big Lots! T-Shirts and Junk as far as the eye can see! :cool1: )

jamieandben
09-07-2007, 09:14 AM
I think i just passed out.

OrlandoMike
09-07-2007, 09:16 AM
I think i just passed out.

Wake up! You havent even got to the best part yet!

All at heavily discounted prices!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

jamieandben
09-07-2007, 09:23 AM
:eek:
I just..... think OOOprah...LOL

ConcKahuna
09-07-2007, 12:01 PM
What do you mean the best part? You mean the 75% off?

Ken Baldwin
09-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Ken Zak (nee Ken Baldwin), my husband is Rob Zak. We were legally married after 12 years of living together as "common-law equivalent" in May of 2006, in our home city of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Rob & I honeymooned in WDW during the May 2006 Star Wars Weekends and the 2006 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival. The WDW cast were VERY nice to us during this time, recognizing our "just married" Mickey/Minnie buttons given to us at our resort.

Rob & I have been to Disneyland Paris, Disneyland (Anaheim), Walt Disney World, Disney on Broadway, and Disney Cruise Line - multiple times for most of these destinations! In 2007 we finally bought into DVC via resale and then later the same year got an add-on contract for Saratoga Springs.

Hobbies: Rob collects Robert Olszewski's Disneyland buildings (we have Main Street USA from Disneyland in miniature on a 6' X 3' banquet table in our spare bedroom). I run D-ZAK Radio on Live365.

ConcKahuna
09-10-2007, 06:50 AM
:welcome: Ken!!

Baldwins are always welcome around me!! :rotfl:

Friendly
09-11-2007, 04:05 AM
Hello everyone! I'm currently a little shy but hope to come out of my shell given time. I love visiting WDW and have been a few times now. I've found it difficult to find just the right kind of forum where people talk about all sorts of different stuff (not just the obvious gay/lesbian lifestyle stuff) and don't know why I didn't think to come here earlier!! It should have been obvious! LOL

I've had to reregister here, so although this is my first post as "Friendly", I am a regular to this site. I'm sure many of you can appreciate why I have had to do this. Since last year I've been in a relationship with another woman. Only four of our close friends know of our true relationship (i.e. not just "regular" girlfriends). We are very committed to each other and really feel we've met our soul-mates. This may come as a surprise to many people (because we are both in our forties) but it's only occurred to both of us that we are lesbian since we realised how we felt for each other.

I have so many questions about everything, but they can wait! Would love to know many other people were "old" before the obvious hit them, LOL.

Thanks for listening. :goodvibes

TuckandStuiesMom
09-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Hi Friendly!:wave2: Our board seems to be in a little bit of a posting lull right now. But please bear with us -- a "Friendly"er :goodvibes bunch would be hard to find.
You might want to try posting your question in a new thread. Not everybody always checks through the Introduce Yourself thread thoroughly and that is an interesting question you are asking.

MomsOf2boys
09-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Hello everyone! I'm currently a little shy but hope to come out of my shell given time. I love visiting WDW and have been a few times now. I've found it difficult to find just the right kind of forum where people talk about all sorts of different stuff (not just the obvious gay/lesbian lifestyle stuff) and don't know why I didn't think to come here earlier!! It should have been obvious! LOL

I've had to reregister here, so although this is my first post as "Friendly", I am a regular to this site. I'm sure many of you can appreciate why I have had to do this. Since last year I've been in a relationship with another woman. Only four of our close friends know of our true relationship (i.e. not just "regular" girlfriends). We are very committed to each other and really feel we've met our soul-mates. This may come as a surprise to many people (because we are both in our forties) but it's only occurred to both of us that we are lesbian since we realised how we felt for each other.

I have so many questions about everything, but they can wait! Would love to know many other people were "old" before the obvious hit them, LOL.

Thanks for listening. :goodvibes

My partner and I host a womens dinner once a month and from talking with the people that we meet we find that it is very common. There are so many people that try to conform to what the community expects and then think for many years that they lack in some respect or another because they just are not completely happy with their lives. Then one day... that little light goes off and when it does, watch out... their whole world changes and they can look back and see several moments in time that their soul was trying to talk to them...

Strikan
09-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Hello everyone. I've been reading these boards for quite a while now and I thought it was about time I actually said hi.

My name's Michael and I'm originally from London. I moved to the States just over 13 years ago and so now live in New York City. My partner is Talip - he is originally from Istanbul and we have been together for nearly 12 years. No kids unfortuantely as work tends to rule our lives but we are the proud daddies of a hyperactive dog called Japser who is doing whatever he can to put us in an early grave!

I must admit that I was the original WDW freak in the family but having convinced him to take a vacation there a number of years ago I successfully managed to get him completely hooked too! Our next trip will be April 24 to May 4 next year - we are going so that I can forget about the fact that I will be 40 that week - yikes, how the hell did that happen! :confused3

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to you guys. I'm really glad I found these boards and this section in particular. I know I will be hanging out alot if you'll have me. Cheers! ;)

ConcKahuna
09-14-2007, 07:04 AM
:welcome: to Friendly, Michael, and Talip (I love that name)!

It's always good when lurkers come out to chat (pun intended) and we've got a great crew on here. I see that you two boys are comming down during the Flower and Garden festival. That's always a great time to visit. If you push back your stay another month, you can come for Gaydays, and that's always a fun experience :thumbsup2

#1Marypfan
09-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Hello everyone. Been a member for a while but never really posted items until now...

My name's Mel (34) and I'm from Merrittstown, Pa (about 35 minutes S. of Pittsburgh) My partner is Billy (26) :love: whom I have had the pleasure of being with for almost 5 years. We have three kids, two cool cats (Puss N' Boots & Diamond. Also, we have a new addition, our little puppy Jasmine our own tower of terror! LOL

I have always loved Walt Disney movies and have had at times a weird obsession with Mary Poppins! LOVE HER! I track her down every time we visit the park and even convince a disney worker to set up a personal meet and greet. It was amazing.

Our next trip will be November 24 to December 1 of this year - Billy and I are really looking forward to this trip as we are taking my mentally challenged sister for her visit to Disney world. I know I will be emotional the whole time we are there as she gets to meet the characters she has loved for a long time.

If any other DIS members are at Disney during this time, hit me up and perhaps we can meet up along the way. Would be nice to see other gay couples while we are there!!! I love this discussion board and I'm really glad that the gay section exists. I check this site almost everyday for new Walt Disney information.

Have a great day!

I<3EvilQueen
09-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Welcome guys and cats, and Jasmine ;-)

CRZYINNJ
09-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone. I've enjoyed reading these boards for a few weeks now in anticipation of our trip in '08. My name is Kristen and my partner of almost 10 years is Carol. We have 2 daughters (princess: 4 and princess: 2), 3 dogs, and 2 fish. That pretty much answers why I'm CRZYINNJ. :crazy2: LOL. We live in southern NJ about 30 min outside of Philadelphia, but we both grew up in central NJ. We were in WDW in March '05 and are looking forward to our return trip in May of next year.:rainbow:

timben
09-27-2007, 02:03 PM
As I was surfing the web for several weeks now, I finally found a board for gay disney travellers. Me, that's Chris, 34, and my partner Will, 32, are going to WDW for the first time from December 8 - 22, 2007 and are already quite excited about that what's going to come.

We do live in Vienna, Austria (sorry, no Kangoroos) and have one cat.

As we do have Disneyland Paris, Disney itself has obviously no interest to attract any Europeans to Florida, so planning this vacation was quite stressfull. :surfweb:
(I am already afraid of my phone bill).:scared1:

Anyways what I really wanted to find out is maybe some of you could give us some advice or report their experiences what it is like to go to WDW as a gay couple, without the "backup" of gay days.

We usually don't kiss in public or hold hands, but as we are a couple for 14 years we'd like to make this trip our anniversary celebration.

Maybe this problem seems strange to you after all, but different countries have a different cultures.

Thanks for your advice :goodvibes

Saxton
09-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Welcome to all the new folk!

Timben - you shouldn't have any problems. Quite a few of the people on this board have gone for honeymoons and anniversaries and were treated the same as any other couple. Take a look at some of the other threads and you'll find lots of good information. And feel free to ask any questions - we're a pretty friendly group.

IanOz
09-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Hello all, my name is Ian and I am from Down Under. I am currently single (although hoping one day my Prince will come). I have a dog called Maddy. 6 chooks and 5 fish.

I am visiting WDW in Nov with a couple of friends and very much looking forward to it. I haven't been to WDW since 1992, and from what I have been reading there have been a lot of changes in 15 years. I have been to Disneyland 14 times and Disneyland Paris once.

A friend told me about this site and I have enjoyed reading through the various threads, everyone is so friendly. :goodvibes

Have a great day,

Ian :)

verticalchaos
09-29-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm Beth. Life-long Disney fan! My family (Daddy, Mom and I) are going down to visit sister (who's a CM) over Christmas. It'll be my first trip since coming out ~ but probably 15th over all. I'm SOOOO excited!! (I used to be on the board a few years ago, but it's been so long, I couldn't remember anything and none of my current email addresses worked, so I just started over.)

YAY!!!!!

Crankyshank
10-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Since I lurk here, and just posted on another thread, I figured it would be rude of me to not introduce myself to those who don't know me.

So Hi, I'm Jenn. I am not gay, but I'm used to being the token straight gal in my group of friends. I've been told I'm 2 more episodes of Project Runway away from earning my gay card :rotfl:
I'm from southeastern MA, spent summers on the Cape, and currently live outside of Providence, RI. I'm 32, married to Michael (36) and we are owned by 2 incredibly spoiled beagles/hellhounds named Roswell and Mr Peabody.
I'm the Disney fan in the family, but DH does tolerate it. We don't get to go very often because I'm a full time student plus working full time. We are going the week after Thanksgiving and I can't wait! :cheer2: I need a vacation.

Nice to meet you guys!

minicoopercraig
10-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Hello everyone!
I'm sorta new here, and almost feel like I'm part of a twelve step program by doing this! LOL. But it's all good.
My name is Craig, if you couldn't tell by my screenname. I'm in a relationship that's been longterm for 6 years this past August, his name is Glenn. We have a Scotty Dog, and that's about it.
I love to collect Disney pins, and my favorite character is Stitch. I have so many pins and stuffed animals, and snowglobe, that no one questions my obsession. LOL. Hope that's what you all were looking for. LOL.

TuckandStuiesMom
10-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi New Folks! :wave2:

IanOz -- What's a chook? :scratchin -- they sound interesting and my Golly, you've got SIX of them!!!
Verticalchaos -- I think I've seen your posts before. Nice to meetcha!
Crankyshank -- Woo-Hoo! A trip in the offing! That's great!
Minicoopercraig -- Stitch is my favorite too. And do you really have a Mini!?!? I am totally jealous -- they are soooo cute.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

---

Well. Well. Well. Chooks = Antipodean chickens! Who Knew??? and OZ is a nickname for Australia!

audrabolster
10-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Hi there,

I'm Audra, 24, married to Tiffany (25). We live in Orange County, California while she attends law school. I've always wanted to visit Disneyland, and now I am a proud season passholder!

We have a 5 month old pug and a two year old Boston Terrier.

We just had our one year wedding anniversary! Go us!

DVC~OKW~96
10-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Welcome everyone!!!!

I too would like to know what a chook is! :teeth:

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Looking forward to getting to know each of you on the boards!

ConcKahuna
10-11-2007, 07:47 AM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/605465/2/istockphoto_605465_chook.jpg

That's a chook :) I'd rather a Gallah, but I'm a bird person so any work.

:welcome: to all the new people!!

minicoopercraig
10-11-2007, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=TuckandStuiesMom;21201427]
Minicoopercraig -- Stitch is my favorite too. And do you really have a Mini!?!? I am totally jealous -- they are soooo cute.
QUOTE]

Yes TuckandStuiesMom, I do have a Minicooper. It's a 2007 model. I have a picture somewhere I'll have to see about getting it uploaded. LOL. my favorite website for them is mimiusa.com check it out! They have screensavers and backgrounds for your computer. LOL. I'm a bit obsessed.

colleen3
10-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Hello and thanks in advance for some advice...

I've been to Disney about a million times, no kidding. I was born and raised in the Tampa Bay area. But I have only been as a kid, or with a kid (most recently my nephew about a year ago).

I have not lived in Florida since I graduated from college 15 years ago (I now live in DC) and my girlfriend, a New Yorker, has never been to Disney so I am taking her for her 50th birthday in December. I have never stayed at one of the resorts, I have never park hopped, and I have never been there as an adult without a small child with me. I have only made day trips from my parents' house, and I have only been to the main park and Epcot (once, when it first opened, when I was in high school).

SO, in a way this is my first time in a lot of ways. I was wondering if anyone has answers to some questions.

We are getting a park hopper pass. How difficult is it to travel between parks? How long does it take? Do you need to drive, or is there adequate transportation between parks? I know that the monorail goes between Disney and Epcot, but how do you get between the other parks?

I think we are going to stay at the Coronado. Does anyone recommend it? They mention bus service to the parks, but how convenient is it? I have been through the "Mickey row 50, space 280" routine and catching the tram too many times. Part of the reason we are staying at a resort is I am trying to avoid it. Is this possible?

I know that Disney is gay friendly, but are there any places to go that are especially fun at night for a lesbian couple?

Thanks so much.

bubbaleo
10-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi All,

I'm from Monroe Township New Jersey.
I'm single again, just coming out of a 15 year LTR.

I love the Disney Parks. My favorites are the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT.

My goal is to stay at every resort at WDW at least once.
I think I'm about 1/4 of the way there.

RemixBoyNJ
10-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Sorry to hear about the break up....

Before I moved to PA, i was out in Middlesex, Plainsboro to be exact.

TuckandStuiesMom
10-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi Colleen3!

I've never stayed @ Coronado but lots of people really love it a lot and the pool looks fabulous. Park-hopping is way cool and (IMHO) Disney Transportation bus service is just fine (I almost never rent a car). I think you will probably have a GREAT time.:goodvibes Best hint I can give you is to wear VERY comfortable footwear. (I sometimes even wear two pairs of socks just to make sure I don't get blisters.)I think there are several nightlife threads posted below -- jump on in, it's a very fun group!

I've been to Disney about a million times, no kidding. I was born and raised in the Tampa Bay area. But I have only been as a kid, or with a kid (most recently my nephew about a year ago).

I have not lived in Florida since I graduated from college 15 years ago (I now live in DC) and my girlfriend, a New Yorker, has never been to Disney so I am taking her for her 50th birthday in December. I have never stayed at one of the resorts, I have never park hopped, and I have never been there as an adult without a small child with me. I have only made day trips from my parents' house, and I have only been to the main park and Epcot (once, when it first opened, when I was in high school).

SO, in a way this is my first time in a lot of ways. I was wondering if anyone has answers to some questions.

We are getting a park hopper pass. How difficult is it to travel between parks? How long does it take? Do you need to drive, or is there adequate transportation between parks? I know that the monorail goes between Disney and Epcot, but how do you get between the other parks?

I think we are going to stay at the Coronado. Does anyone recommend it? They mention bus service to the parks, but how convenient is it? I have been through the "Mickey row 50, space 280" routine and catching the tram too many times. Part of the reason we are staying at a resort is I am trying to avoid it. Is this possible?

I know that Disney is gay friendly, but are there any places to go that are especially fun at night for a lesbian couple?

Thanks so much.

ConcKahuna
10-12-2007, 06:53 AM
Hi All,

I'm from Monroe Township New Jersey.
I'm single again, just coming out of a 15 year LTR.

I love the Disney Parks. My favorites are the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT.

My goal is to stay at every resort at WDW at least once.
I think I'm about 1/4 of the way there.

Have you stayed at the Polynesian? It's the best one, but of course I'm biased. :snooty:

bubbaleo
10-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Sorry to hear about the break up....

Before I moved to PA, i was out in Middlesex, Plainsboro to be exact.

Thanks Remix.

bubbaleo
10-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Have you stayed at the Polynesian? It's the best one, but of course I'm biased. :snooty:

Yes! I stayed at the Polynesian last May. We did the Land/Sea deal for a family reunion. The Poly is beautiful. It was great to watch the fireworks from the beach. We all loved the character breakfast and the dinner at Ohana's. I wish I had some of that bread pudding right now.

bubbaleo
10-12-2007, 12:49 PM

Thanks so much.

Hi Colleen,

My ex and I stayed at Coronado last year. We were there for the American Coaster Enthusiasts convention.

The main pool and lake are beautiful.
The food court at the Coronado was a little strange - you got the food yourself, but a server brought you your drinks and they automatically added in the tip. The bus service was OK. Most of the time the buses were empty. I guess because about 1/2 of the guests were there attending conventions and were not going to the parks.

Have fun on your trip!

IanOz
10-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't logged on for a bit, been busy at work. Yes TuckandStuiesMom and ConcKahuna are correct, a chook is Aussie for chicken. They give me fresh eggs every day and I give the extras to family and friends. I do get other birds in my backyard, Rainbow Lorrikeets, cockatoos and sometimes Galahs, also Kookaburras. Oz as you guessed is one of the nicknames for Australia, less to type you see. I live in the state of Queensland (yes its really the name).

I will be in WDW in Nov, fly out from Oz on 31 Oct, visiting friends in Tennessee first before heading to Orlando, cant wait. The countdown is on. just over 2 weeks left at work. :banana:

Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward to further chats.

Ian. :)

ConcKahuna
10-14-2007, 07:16 AM
Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't logged on for a bit, been busy at work. Yes TuckandStuiesMom and ConcKahuna are correct, a chook is Aussie for chicken. They give me fresh eggs every day and I give the extras to family and friends. I do get other birds in my backyard, Rainbow Lorrikeets, cockatoos and sometimes Galahs, also Kookaburras. Oz as you guessed is one of the nicknames for Australia, less to type you see. I live in the state of Queensland (yes its really the name).

I will be in WDW in Nov, fly out from Oz on 31 Oct, visiting friends in Tennessee first before heading to Orlando, cant wait. The countdown is on. just over 2 weeks left at work. :banana:

Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward to further chats.

RickinNYC and a few other DISers will be down the 1st weekend of November. Hope to see you there!

IanOz
10-15-2007, 03:43 AM
I will be in WDW from 10-14Nov. Having breakky with Pooh Bear 11Nov and Mickey's VMCP on the 12th Nov. Very much looking forward to both.

DVC~OKW~96
10-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Hey, I knew that. :rotfl: The chook bit I mean. If I'd just remembered the menu at Outback! :rolleyes:

ConcKahuna that is one gorgeous bird!

Have a great time Ian! (I would like to know how Australia is shortened to Oz though)! :rolleyes1

ConcKahuna
10-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Hey, I knew that. :rotfl: The chook bit I mean. If I'd just remembered the menu at Outback! :rolleyes:

ConcKahuna that is one gorgeous bird!

Have a great time Ian! (I would like to know how Australia is shortened to Oz though)! :rolleyes1

Hehe, it is compliments of the Yahoo image search. Way back when I was a wee tyke, we did have chickens and had one that looked like that.

colleen3
10-15-2007, 05:16 PM
We did not jump quickly enough and by the time we tried to book at Coronado, it was sold out. So, we are staying at the Caribbean Beach resort, which we are happy with. Thanks for the advice on the transportation. We probably won't rent a car until the last day. We are 4 days in Disney, and 4 days with my family in the Tampa area so we will need a car at the end of the trip.

BTW, I have never been to Universal. We are debating trading in our 3-day Disney pass for a 4-day pass and skipping a day at Universal. My 12-year-old nephew just LOVES it, but I went on the Buzz Lightyear ride something like 8 times in a row with him so I'm not necessarily relying on the advice of a pre-teen. Remember, I've been to The Magic Kingdom a LOT as a day-tripper although not to the other parks, but my partner has never been to any before. It is my opinion that we should do all-Disney this trip, and do Universal next time we go. Is that a good plan, or should be make a day for Universal?

OrlandoMike
10-15-2007, 05:50 PM
If it's your partners first time I would stick with Disney.

IOA is fun, but not really worth the extra day of a car rental or a cab fare.

IanOz
10-15-2007, 10:30 PM
How did Australia become known as Oz ? Honestly I have no idea. I will see if I can find out.

colleen3
10-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks OrlandoMike!

I think that is the plan. I looked online, and a day pass to Universal for both of us would be about $160.00. That's kind of silly unless it's REALLY worth it, considering a day upgrade for Disney would be about $40.

IanOz
10-16-2007, 10:51 PM
How did Australia become known as Oz ? I asked a few friends and we think it has something to do with the pronounciation of Aussie (pronounced Ozzie) and this got shortened to Oz for the name of the country.

zipadee4
10-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Hello everyone!:yay: I'm Toby and I'm new to the Disboards...I've been on ************* for a few years, but thought I'd give this a try, too!

So, hi hi -- fellow Disney lovers! :-)

insoin
10-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Hello everyone!:yay: I'm Toby and I'm new to the Disboards...I've been on ************* for a few years, but thought I'd give this a try, too!

So, hi hi -- fellow Disney lovers! :-)

Welcome Toby.

OrlandoMike
10-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey Toby!

Welcome! Jump into some conversations! :cool1:

Mike

minicoopercraig
10-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Welcome Toby! Have fun, just remember one thing....I forgot what it was. :P

billysotherdad
10-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi there. I posted briefly a few years ago, and now decided to come back on. I'm Joe, from NYC (and the other half of RickinNYC). I'm an 8th grade English teacher and we have the best little son in the world (a 13-year old dog, as you can see from my name).
Anyway, just saying hi and I'll keep checking in and posting and saying hello.

ConcKahuna
10-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi there. I posted briefly a few years ago, and now decided to come back on. I'm Joe, from NYC (and the other half of RickinNYC). I'm an 8th grade English teacher and we have the best little son in the world (a 13-year old dog, as you can see from my name).
Anyway, just saying hi and I'll keep checking in and posting and saying hello.

JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And heya Toby too :)

billysotherdad
10-28-2007, 01:01 PM
JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And heya Toby too :)

Hey there! How are you? I did have to ask Rick who you were, but I guessed before he answered. I hope all is well with you and it's nice to now know your name on here.

ConcKahuna
10-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Hey there! How are you? I did have to ask Rick who you were, but I guessed before he answered. I hope all is well with you and it's nice to now know your name on here.

Bah, DIS newb ;)

Better stay away from the Community Board. All the girls over there are already after Rick, if they know you're on here they'll go after you too! :thumbsup2

billysotherdad
10-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Bah, DIS newb ;)

Better stay away from the Community Board. All the girls over there are already after Rick, if they know you're on here they'll go after you too! :thumbsup2

girls don't scare me.:scared1:

markdelgado415
10-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Hello everyone! We're new to Disboards. My name is Mark and my significant other is Jacob. We live in Berkeley, California. We're going to WDW for the very first time from November 10-17. We're staying at AKL. We're SOOOOOOO excited. Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Oh yeah....and we also purchased the Holiday Wishes Cruise on Friday November 16th, and we have 8 open spots...We'd prefer to have other LGBT folks on the cruise (but Jacob says groovy straight people are cool too!)...so if anyone would like to join us, PM me. I figure that if others wanted to come along, I would ask them just to pay $20/person to defray some of the cost (the entire cruise is like $275)..well, anyway, howdy to everyone! :dance3:

TuckandStuiesMom
10-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Ooooooooh Mark -- that sounds like fun. I betcha you'll find some takers on cruise shares. I have always wanted to do one of those -- but sadly, won't be there until next spring.

OH 6
11-08-2007, 08:05 PM
I can't remember if I ever posted an introduction for us before...If I did, sorry to do it again.

We are Nicholas and Michael, just North of Cincinnati, OH in West Chester - home of IKEA in Spring 2008. :cool1: The only thing that would make me happier would be the opening of a Disney Outlet nearby...but that would mean even less money going to savings.

We're DVC members at Saratoga Springs as of May - banked the points for next year.

Mike works for an airline :dumbo:and I work in HR for a big company in the area. I am a former Disney Cast Member :earboy2: - College Program + The Disney Store (Pre-Children's Place). We have 4 dogs - 1 girl and 3 boys...all Italian Greyhounds - aged 6-12.

We travel a lot both for work and pleasure...going back to WDW for my Bday the week after Thanksgiving - can't wait. :banana:

We tend to lurk on here until we are making plans for another trip...our next ideal trip is on the May Repo cruise to LA...hoping for a good last minute interline deal...but able to face the reality that it likely won't happen. :confused:

Hoping to make some cool friends we can travel with/meet at the parks or even some locals to hang out with when we visit...don't be shy!!

OrlandoMike
11-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Welcome from a former Ohio guy!

MassJester
11-09-2007, 05:31 AM
Welcome Nicholas & Mike :yay:

Disney_Villain
11-09-2007, 08:29 AM
:tinker: Hello to all of gay Disney fans on this board!

Joined in spirit in 1994, my partner (Robert Zak) and I married in Canada - honeymooning in WDW after that. We usually get to either Disneyland or WDW once a year (at least).

This year we finally made it to Disneyland Paris in May (très beau). We also just got back from WDW ("Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party" was GREAT!) and the Disney Cruise Line.

Hope you all had a great Halloween!

Ken

OH 6
11-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Welcome Ken & Robert! Cool user name. We're both big villains fans, too. Collect all kinds of villains things - working on getting some WDCC pieces still.

:maleficen

reid_man
11-18-2007, 10:49 AM
:hyper: hi everyone, im reid but you can call me finn.
im almost thirteen and i LOVE disney. i haven't come out to my parents yet but oh well.next time we are going to wdw willl be fall of 2008. i cant wait. my last trip was in april. TOO CROWDED. i did get to ride the HM before the re-haunting though, so i hope they didnt screw it up like the did potc.

OrlandoMike
11-18-2007, 11:08 AM
:hyper: hi everyone, im reid but you can call me finn.
im almost thirteen and i LOVE disney. i haven't come out to my parents yet but oh well.next time we are going to wdw willl be fall of 2008. i cant wait. my last trip was in april. TOO CROWDED. i did get to ride the HM before the re-haunting though, so i hope they didnt screw it up like the did potc.

WELCOME!

:cheer2:

And I think you will like the changes to the HM! They did a great job!

marklynpa
12-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Hello,

My name is Mark and I am a lurker. That's the first step, right?

Tampa FL here with AP DVC BWV SSR and DDE. Always up for a visit to WDW.

Scheduled for Dec 9-11 but friends may be backing out. Anyone else visiting at that time and looking to hang out? Love seeing WDW decked out for Christmas.

Mark

OrlandoMike
12-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Welcome Mark!

Lot's of Dis'ers comming down at that time, just look around.:santa:

ConcKahuna
12-03-2007, 06:43 AM
Aloha Mark and all the others I've missed!

There will be a few people down this weekend! I seem to remember hearing about a Jellyrolls meet-up on the 9th.

timben
12-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Hi Mark,

we will be there December 8 - 21. Seems as if a lot of people from the board will spend this time at WDW. :cheer2:

Willem
12-05-2007, 03:16 AM
Hi guys,

I'm Willem, a 27 year old guy from Belgium. Since about 10 years I'm with my boyfriend Steven. I'm a teacher, Steven is quality manager. We are big fans of the Disney theme parks. Go to Disneyland Resort Paris at least one weekend a month, and try to visit another Disney resort every summer. Went to WDW, California and Tokyo. Summer 2008 we'll do WDW again + the Disney Cruise.
I especially love the Disney shows. I just love it when it's so touching it makes me cry :-)
My favourite movie is Beauty & The Beast. Saw the musical too (in The Netherlands and Belgium) and it's great!
Besides Disney I go to the gym and like to read, watch movies and to go out once in a while.
I love Disney music, but also diva's (Celine, Cher, Madonna, Kylie (will see her concert May 2008).
CU

I<3EvilQueen
12-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Welcome Willem

reid_man
12-08-2007, 02:26 AM
welcome to the boards willem!!

Jackk
12-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi , Just thought after 4 posts on other threads I should Introduce myself Michael and my partner Ron. I have been to DW and DL many times. Ron made his first trip only last April when we bought @ DVC SSR . Which led to a 2nd visit for him this fall and now in less than 3 weeks our first cruise with Disney. I am so looking forward to it as well as meeting others on this board.
Cheers,
Michael

P.S. Happy Holidays to you all.

OrlandoMike
12-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Hey guys welcome! :cheer2:

Another voice from Canada hey?

Knox, where are you?

CanadianGuy
12-23-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm here I'm here..

Gay Canadians?

I thought we were mythical creatures like unicorns or liberal minded republicans. :)

Seriously tho -- Welcome Michael & Ron!

Knox

Jackk
12-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Thank you for the quick welcome !!

Michael:wizard: :earsboy:

beerhider
07-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Hi all! Just looking over the DIS boards (it's all my sister's fault!! I had NEVER done these before!!) Now even my 48 y-o DW (yes, 'cause we're from MA!) has a FaceBook page! :confused:
But more about me! 49, 2 DS, age 14 and 15. We are going on a 7 day Eastern cruise starting Dec 6....anyone else out there? Love to hear about you too!
:grouphug: It's one big Disney world!!

MassJester
07-31-2008, 07:23 AM
Welcome aboard! It's good to see more folks from the Bay State popping in!

rosiep
07-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Welcome all.

Now please, jump right in and start posting in the forum. Start a topic, ask a question or poke fun at KingLouiethe1. It's all in good fun; we don't bite unless you like that sort of thing.

BTW: I'm Rosie. I'm bi, monagomous, and married 25yrs to my wonderful husband James. We have two grown daughters. My eldest works for the Queer Resource Center at her University and ID's as gay, My youngest has just returned home after living in NYC and L.A. for the last two years. She's my Disney partner.

kingLouiethe1
07-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Welcome all.

Now please, jump right in and start posting in the forum. Start a topic, ask a question or poke fun at KingLouiethe1. It's all in good fun; we don't bite unless you like that sort of thing.

No one is poking me without prior approval :mad:

rosiep
07-31-2008, 05:27 PM
No one is poking me without prior approval :mad:

I approved it....

RobbNJ
07-31-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi , Just thought after 4 posts on other threads I should Introduce myself Michael and my partner Ron. I have been to DW and DL many times. Ron made his first trip only last April when we bought @ DVC SSR . Which led to a 2nd visit for him this fall and now in less than 3 weeks our first cruise with Disney. I am so looking forward to it as well as meeting others on this board.
Cheers,
Michael

P.S. Happy Holidays to you all.

Hi Michael & Ron-

Which cruise are you on in less than 3 weeks? I am sailing also at that time.

Welcome to all the new folks who posted!
Robb

wallyb
08-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Welcome all.
BTW: I'm Rosie. I'm bi, monogamous, and married 25yrs to my wonderful husband James. We have two grown daughters. My eldest works for the Queer Resource Center at her University and ID's as gay, My youngest has just returned home after living in NYC and L.A. for the last two years. She's my Disney partner.

Rosie - I've told you about a thousand times now ... it's moronomous!:rolleyes:

rosiep
08-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Rosie - I've told you about a thousand times now ... it's moronomous!:rolleyes:

Sorry, I meant to write that Wally's an ignoramous....

wallyb
08-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Sorry, I meant to write that Wally's an ignoramous....

Someone is itchy with a capital B today!?! :flower3:

ConcKahuna
08-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, it does itch when a B stings you!

rosiep
08-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Someone is itchy with a capital B today!?! :flower3:

Who me? The moronous???

wallyb
08-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Well, it does itch when a B stings you!

Did she get stung? :confused:
If not - could we arrange it? :lmao:

ConcKahuna
08-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Did she get stung? :confused:
If not - could we arrange it? :lmao:

Stung by a lovebug?? About all we get around here :(

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e1/Lovebugs.jpg

wallyb
08-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Who me? The moronous???

Come on - you have to admit -
you're not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/mngermay/lights.gifhttp://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/mngermay/lights.gifhttp://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/mngermay/lights.gif

wallyb
08-01-2008, 02:42 PM

Those fire ants are not pleasant! :sad2:

ConcKahuna
08-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Those fire ants are not pleasant! :sad2:

Northerners crack me up 'cause they cant tell the difference between Fire Ants (bite a LOT) and lovebugs (dont bite).

These are fire ants...
http://vinsonlab.tamu.edu/ant/ant4.jpg

They swarm all over you, then all sting at once. You dont know they're there until it's too late!

wallyb
08-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Northerners crack me up 'cause they cant tell the difference between Fire Ants (bite a LOT) and lovebugs (dont bite).

These are fire ants...
http://vinsonlab.tamu.edu/ant/ant4.jpg

They swarm all over you, then all sting at once. You dont know they're there until it's too late!

Oh I know the difference!
I did not know they stung all at once. :eek:
Do you think we could get a box of those sent to Rob's wedding?
If he does not come through with the invites I mean.

rpmdfw
08-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Oh I know the difference!
I did not know they stung all at once. :eek:
Do you think we could get a box of those sent to Rob's wedding?
If he does not come through with the invites I mean.

Go ahead.

I just registered for AMDRO!

:lmao:

FoxxBoys
01-27-2009, 06:03 PM
It's been ages since I posted on this thread and as Will and I are about a month away from heading south for a WDW/DCL vacation, I thought I'd pop on to say hello and see if there's anyone currently on the thread planning to share the magic between 02/20 and 03/03 (with a 7N WC cruise tucked neatly in the middle).

David :rainbow:

MassJester
01-27-2009, 06:40 PM
It's been ages since I posted on this thread and as Will and I are about a month away from heading south for a WDW/DCL vacation, I thought I'd pop on to say hello and see if there's anyone currently on the thread planning to share the magic between 02/20 and 03/03 (with a 7N WC cruise tucked neatly in the middle).

David :rainbow:

Ooooh, nice trip ::yes::

swtnikki
01-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Let me reintroduce myself -
My name's Nikki, and I'm engaged to a wonderful guy named Kenny. Got engaged last July, and the wedding is set for this June 15th down n Disney World. :D I've been with Kenny for six years now, and I have a parakeet named Jet. I'm currently unemployed, but will get a job after the wedding.

vaDisneyGuy
01-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Hi everyone

I am Nick 31 will be 32 next month. I live in Va about and hour outside of DC. I am a DVC member, love to read and surf the net. I am a retail manager.

MonorailMan
01-29-2009, 07:42 AM

I don't think I've ever seen one of those before. I would probably freak out if one of those happened to be in my home. :scared:

OrlandoMike
01-29-2009, 07:59 AM
I don't think I've ever seen one of those before. I would probably freak out if one of those happened to be in my home. :scared:

They are harmless.....

Unless you have a 5 year old kid, and you have to explain what they are doing! :rotfl2:

wallyb
01-29-2009, 08:12 AM
They are harmless.....

Unless you have a 5 year old kid, and you have to explain what they are doing! :rotfl2:

Stop playing the Barry White - and maybe they'll break it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PYsMAsdBFE

rpmdfw
01-29-2009, 08:17 AM
Stop playing the Barry White - and maybe they'll break it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PYsMAsdBFE

They can't break up. They're stuck like that.

FOR LIFE! :scared1:

OrlandoMike
01-29-2009, 08:19 AM

Till you hit them with your car! What a mess that is! :sad2:

rpmdfw
01-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Till you hit them with your car! What a mess that is! :sad2:

And then their insides are corrosive to car paint, so you have to wash your car ASAP

OrlandoMike
01-29-2009, 08:23 AM
so you have to was your care ASAP

Light breakfast today?

Some toast and a side car? :confused3

rpmdfw
01-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Light breakfast today?

Sorry. No caffiene yet.

Let me go remedy that . . . . :coffee:

rpmdfw
01-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Light breakfast today?

By the way, Mr. Plain Ole Head Bartender, what's in a Sidecar?

wallyb
01-29-2009, 08:27 AM

You mean they can't wait for the other love bug to leave town or go to work and then hook up with the first love bug that gives them a second look - and then do it again the next day but with a different love bug - over and over again.
That doesn't make then a trampy love bug does it?

OrlandoMike
01-29-2009, 08:31 AM
By the way, Mr. Plain Ole Head Bartender, what's in a Sidecar?

1 1/2 oz. Brandy
1/2 oz. Triple Sec
1/2 oz. Lemon or Lime Juice

YUCK!

MonorailMan
01-29-2009, 08:32 AM

............Are you serious? :scared:

OrlandoMike
01-29-2009, 08:33 AM
............Are you serious? :scared:

::yes::

Hence the name "Love Bug"!

rpmdfw
01-29-2009, 08:37 AM
1 1/2 oz. Brandy
1/2 oz. Triple Sec
1/2 oz. Lemon or Lime Juice

YUCK!

:crazy2:

I was hoping for something a but more yummy.

jamieandben
01-29-2009, 08:40 AM
You mean they can't wait for the other love bug to leave town or go to work and then hook up with the first love bug that gives them a second look - and then do it again the next day but with a different love bug - over and over again.
That doesn't make then a trampy love bug does it?

No that makes them a HO-Lotta-Love Bug

wallyb
01-29-2009, 08:42 AM
:crazy2:

I was hoping for something a but more yummy.

I like side cars. :thumbsup2