PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new here.

Zandy595
03-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Hi I'm new to this board. I used to be 115 (5'5") until I had my DS 10 years ago. Now I weigh 135 and it doesn't look good on me (I have a small frame). I've been trying to lose weight for the past 10 years, but haven't tried hard enough. Now I really want to lose it.

I have an older Winsor Pilates DVD that I've started doing again and I also use a LifeStyler CardioFit machine that I bought about 12 years ago. I work out about 6 days a week for 20 minutes. Is this enough? Does anyone else do Winsor Pilates? Does it work for you?

I have a hard time with food. The only way I seem to lose weight is by skipping breakfast and lunch and only have an average size dinner. I know this is not good, but as soon as I eat something for breakfast or especially lunch it seems to boost my appetite and I can't stop eating.

TammyNC
03-15-2006, 06:21 PM
How about trying something that has some good amounts of protein for breakfast (peanut butter-ff, egg whites, eggs, etc.). I used to get the same way after eating breakfast but then I figured out it has a lot to do with what you are eating. Make sure that you are drinking lots of water too.

Welcome to the boards and to WISH, you'll find so much great inspiration and motivation on here.

As for the Pilates, I have used it in the past and for me, it helped get me stretched and more flexible and that helped me have better posture, etc. while walking on the TM or track. I'm sure there are others that may can answer with their opinions as well.

Best of luck and just remember to stay focused and you'll get to where you want to be.

kimwim8
03-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Hi Sandy & welcome to WISH!

I don't know about Pilates, but I wanted to say hi and congrats on wanting a better you! We're all here for the same reason.

Check out some journals and see how others have done it. I got a lot of great ideas from them.

I was in a similar situation, although I started at a heavier weight. I started at 145 and am now down to 120 (and hopefully a few more will come off!). I'm 5'3, so a little shorter than you too.

Good luck, and you've come to the right place! :wave2:

poohlover2
03-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the board. You'll find alot of good ideas here. Good luck with your loss. :yay:

Tiger Lily 03
03-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Welcome to WISH!

Good luck on your journey. You have found the greatest group to offer support during all phases of your journey. Come often post lots.

You can do this!