PDA

View Full Version : Meals on the go

Pugdog007
03-14-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm nervous because I'm about to get into heavy travel season and this is what killed my diet last year. I will be in Las Vegas all week next week and I'm trying to think ahead about what to eat. I'm going to pack plenty of snacks and the tuna lunchable type things for emergency meals.

Any other ideas about things I can take that don't require refrigeration or need to be cooked?

ohMom
03-15-2006, 07:43 AM
what is your eating plan?

i'm on WW so keep that in mind:

pria bars 2 pts (my husband LOVES the Zone bars but they are 5 pts)
soup at hand or microwave soup bowls (microwave whereever you can)

i'll come back if anything else comes to mind and i'm sure you'll get great ideas from eveyrone else :wave2:

saturday97
03-15-2006, 10:43 AM
You know, I was surprised at how well I was able to stick with the WW plan while in Vegas. Because the food is all so good, I could healthier things that still tasted amazing. I know you are looking for suggestions of stuff you can take with you, but if you are off the strip, you might stop by El Pollo Loco, Jack in the Box (for the chicken fajita pita) and Chipotle. They are fast, cheap, and tasty. :sunny:

Pugdog007
03-15-2006, 10:48 AM
what is your eating plan?

Just counting calories, trying to stay below 1100/day. I will be a few blocks off the strip at a hotel next to the convention center. Most of my days will be spent in the convention center, therefore I will be stuck with the show offerings (which are usually not very healthy) or bring my own.

CarolA
03-15-2006, 11:05 AM
I have been traveling for the first two months on WW. Here are some things I have done.

1. Breakfast. I put each mornings cereal in a little baggie and pack one disposable bowl and spoon. Most of my hotels have some type of fridge where I store a little milk or at least a little place to buy a half pint of skim milk.
2. The chicken of the Sea tuna lunches are good. If you can find a side salad to stick the the tuna on and dump the crackers it's a lot fewer calories. (Those crackers have way too many calories)
3. Pria bars. I love these things.
4. Dried fruit or fruit that travels. (Oranges do well)
5. WATER, WATER, WATER!
6. Snack size bags of mini carrots. They travel well and seem to survive fine without refrigeration. I find them at my Publix. They have four little packs bundeled together.
7. Cheese sticks. If hte hotel doesn't have a frig just stick them in the ice bucket. They always survive the trip without refrigeration with no problem.

Don't be too hard on yourself. My goal was to do well about 90% of the time. I figured that was better then before when I was bad 100% of the time!

If I think of some of my other tricks, I'll be back.

Pugdog007
03-15-2006, 07:37 PM
What are pria bars and where do you find them?

ohMom
03-16-2006, 08:24 AM
pria bars are with usually with other energy-type bars: PowerBar, Zone bars, Luna, Cliff, etc. At wal-mart i find them in the pharmacy, at some groceries they are with the organic foods. I think Target has them in the health and beauty section near pharmacy.