PDA

View Full Version : Yoga DVD?

lindalinda
03-14-2006, 10:02 PM
I am thinking of trying Yoga again. I did it about 10 years ago and liked it, but i really cant afford taking a class right now. Does anyone know a really good DVD thats not too hard to do by yourself? TIA :hippie:

kaf7878
03-15-2006, 05:45 AM
I highly recommend Kathy Smith's Yoga DVDs! She has 3: beginner, intermediate and advanced. I have been doing classes for years so I do the advanced now. They are all good though and Rod Styker (big yogi!) leads along with her.

saturday97
03-15-2006, 09:28 AM
I like Gaiam's Yoga for Weight Loss (with Susanne Deason). She is easy to follow and it's a good routine.

donac
03-15-2006, 11:22 AM
I also like Gaiam but I like Rodney Yee. His AM yoga is very calming and a great way to start the day. I also like his yoga with Mariel Hemingway. It gives a nice workout.

jillyjoey
03-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Can't believe I am actually going to recommend this because normally I {strongly dislike} Denise Austin -- her videos are usually pretty hard and I'm not one for her bubbly personality. Anyhow, try PowerYoga/Power Pilates. It is a 20 minute yoga and or 20 minute pilates (with weights) DVD. The yoga surprisingly felt really good. Awesome way to start the day.