PDA

View Full Version : just back from magic cruise March 4th ~ March 11th...

gemjoy
03-14-2006, 10:28 AM
and I WANT TO GO BACK!!!!! This was the absolute BEST vacation we have ever been on!!! We spent 5 days at DisneyWorld - Saratoga Springs Resort and did the parks which was incredible.... :wizard: but the cruise... was nothing short of heaven!!! Literally, everything about it was simply the BEST!!! And now, I'm very sad it's over.. :sad2: My DH, DD, and DS are still talking about what a great time we had and what a awesome ship the MAGIC is. We are definitely "hooked" But now to start saving for our next cruise... :yay: we absolutely have to go back!!! :yay: After experiencing something so fantastic... how do you wait for the next one???

Our servers Gabor from Brazil and Sudhir from India ROCKED!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU DID FOR US!!!!!

Belinda from Austraulia...(cm in gift shop) you are a sweetheart ~ thank you for making my DD's cruise so MaGiCaL!!! :wizard: She is a official pin trader/collector.

See ya real soon............... :thumbsup2

jillane88
03-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Glad you had a great trip. Would love to hear more about it. How old are your children and did they enjoy the clubs? We are anxiously looking to our first Disney cruise coming up in May! :banana:

MeRiVan
03-14-2006, 01:38 PM
It really was amazing! My DS6 liked the organized activities but didn't like staying for the free time play. DS3 loved the club and all his new friends but never asked to go. It was hard getting him out of the club and easy getting him in. The staff at the Oceaneer's Club was really super. I couldn't ask for better people to play with my kids.

sandraB
03-14-2006, 02:44 PM
We too just got home from our Magical cruise!

We had such an amazing vacation....I don't think my trip report will do it justice....but here goes...

Day 1-arrived at port canaveral around 11:30, husband dropped me off with bags...what a smooth transition with the bags being collected right at the curb!

waited in line around 40min, but as soon as we finished up, it was time to board! I couldn't believe how easy it was...

we ate lunch at topsiders, then the boys, ages 8and11 swam in the mickey pool, which by the way was the only time they did all week!!

our cabin was ready around 1;30, with our luggage arriving soon after.

Dinner was great, parrot cay, with soumi and teresa as servers...great team.
To be honest, I was very sceptical about "bonding" with the servers, it all seemed a little hooky to me, but honestly, I really did feel a soft spot for my servers...especially soumi! by the last night....

We were travelling with my sister and her hubby and toddler, and they did such a great job with him.....teresa often carried him around, and they allways made sure he had his milk and some fruit as soon as we arrived.

We also checked out the kids clubs, and met the counselors...

The first show was great with freddy fusion and mark nizer....they were both hilarious.

Day 2- day at sea....we checked the kids into the kids clubs after breakfast.....ahhhhhhhh...now the vacation begins.....

nope...the older one kept on pagging us....as soon as we would find a quiet spot....beep!!! Everyone around us would panic as they checked their pagers...quite funny!

We eventually realized we needed to give him sign out privileges...which worked out better, for him to go to sports deck, or movies...etc....he is in middle school, so I was ok with it...plus he stopped paging us!!!

formal night......we dressed the boys up after hauling them out of the clubs...and stood in line to get our "pic" done.....what torture!! my youngest complained about his shoes, his pants...his shirt.....ahhhgggg....anyway, we do look happy in the pic at least! (I wonder if I could return the dress shoes he wore once, for like an hour, indoors!!!)

Day 3- day at sea

We had some great alone time, as the kids loved the clubs, now that older son could run around the boat...we didn't hear from him...go figure. (I did feel a tad guilty...but not enough to revoke his sign out priveleges)

Sister even managed to get toddler to stay in flounders...so we all enjoyed the adult pool area sans children....what heaven...this is what we paid the big bucks for...lol

we did the palo high tea....very fun....until I poored the tea directly into my cup without the strainer thingie......palo server was amused!! I am not very cultured...don't get out much...

dinner was great again...made the mistake of hauling kids out of clubs again....go figure...family vacation, and we want them to spend time with us, their family!

By the way, not that impressed with animators....guess I expected more...seemed ok, but cramped, and show was "ok".

Day4- St.Marteen

We had a sunny hot day on Orient beach, and fried our children!!! I guess the sunscreen that works fine in florida is simply not adequate for southern caribean......ouch...I felt very guilty!!! had fun despite burnt kids....

Pirate night...I think we may be the only ones who went to bed before the fireworks...the kids were fried, and cranky, and simply DID not want to stay up...so fine, I took them to bed....ah well...what we don't know we don't miss. (I keep telling myself that anyway!)

Day5- St.Thomas

another hot sunny day, did not fry children today though.....went to tram, and then to Sapphire beach....beautifull, can't say enough about it. Snorkelled right from beach. Of course, after I haul children into shade to take a little break from sun...hubby yells from water, "I just saw an octopus!!" Thanks hon...I then had to endure 15min of how I was the meanest mom ever, and now they missed the octopus!!!

All in all a great day...the boys forgave me for the octopus thing, and we managed to keep them from burning any more!!!

went back to boat early, and let the boys stay in clubs for dinner....wow....why didn't I do that sooner!!?? best dinner all week...ha!

Day6- day at sea

Palo brunch....amazing....but by this time I allready need new clothes...so this 5 course meal was toooo much. We couldn't believe the amount of food.....I was actually over "overeating". If that is possible....

relaxed most of the day on deck 4.....ahhhhhhh

Day7- castaway cay

We arrived a little late due to a medical emergency that made us have a stop at Puerto rico.

The day was perfect...did the stingray thing...great excursion...even though they are creepy critters....kinda slimy and not real cuddly. The kids loved it. Although the little girl and her dad with us....she was freaking out...and he kept telling her she was fine...so he could stay...she was not fine! She was having a major fit!!! she finally got away, and we could hear ourselves think again! tip- if your child says they don't want to do it....let them play on the beach!!!

the island is beautiful, had a great day.

Had to threaten the boys with no desserts/kids clubs to get a picture with pluto.....

all in all.....paradise.....

Day 8- port canaveral

Breakfast was kinda sad...saying goodbye to our severs..they really did work hard, and I felt totally weird about getting so used to being waited on hand and foot!!

We waited at the outside curb while husbands went to get rental cars....imagine our surprize when they showed up with compact cars!!! too funny......I guess i booked a compact...oops....was quite a sight....the children were literally covered in luggage...

We ended our trip with a two day disney trip...big mistake....

It was hot, overpriced, no one to put chocolate on my pillow....and there were cheerleaders everywhere.....ahhhhhh

anyway overall, we had an amazing vacation...and I am allready dreaming of the next one....someday.....

Sandi

epfootballcutie04
03-14-2006, 04:44 PM
and I WANT TO GO BACK!!!!! This was the absolute BEST vacation we have ever been on!!! We spent 5 days at DisneyWorld - Saratoga Springs Resort and did the parks which was incredible.... :wizard: but the cruise... was nothing short of heaven!!! Literally, everything about it was simply the BEST!!! And now, I'm very sad it's over.. :sad2: My DH, DD, and DS are still talking about what a great time we had and what a awesome ship the MAGIC is. We are definitely "hooked" But now to start saving for our next cruise... :yay: we absolutely have to go back!!! :yay: After experiencing something so fantastic... how do you wait for the next one???

Our servers Gabor from Brazil and Sudhir from India ROCKED!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU DID FOR US!!!!!

Belinda from Austraulia...(cm in gift shop) you are a sweetheart ~ thank you for making my DD's cruise so MaGiCaL!!! :wizard: She is a official pin trader/collector.

See ya real soon............... :thumbsup2

How was the saratoga springs resort? My paretns just became club members and that is our home resort... we are going there in october for a week with a 3 bedroom room ..... any feedback is appreciated!

need_a_Disney_fix
03-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Sandi, I thoroughly enjoyed your trip report. DH and I did the eastern end of january and loved it...so much that we rebooked. So much what you wrote (minus the kids cuz we are empty nesters) rang true with me. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

LisaSp
03-14-2006, 06:47 PM
...and it was amazing! I will share my trip report later tonite or tomorrow a.m.!!

SimplyMagical
03-14-2006, 06:52 PM
We just finished our trip on Feb 25, we too had Sumi and Teresa. We thought they were great. Our 2 dd's loved both of them. We also loved the cruise and can not wait to go again.