PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and boy, do I need the support!

dizneefamily5
03-13-2006, 11:14 AM
;) I just had my "turnaround" moment on Friday and started a new life! I was at McD's with my 4 y/o and her friend. They were playing in the playset and they both started crying. They were up there all afraid and wouldn't move. I was devastated. I knew I couldn't get up there. I had to ask a "skinny lady" to help me get them down. I was so embarrassed! I decided from that moment on, I would lose this weight! I have tried more times than I want to admit and I always fail. I feel differently this time, so I think this will be the final time I "diet". I joined e-diets and am following their plan. I have worked out both Sat and Sun and my goal is to work out every day until April 8 when we leave for Spring Break in Williamsburg. I need all the support I can get! This board seems wonderful and I found it just in time! :goodvibes

diskids2
03-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Good luck to you. Stay focused.

StitchIsOurHero
03-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm new to this board, too! Like you, I just recently had my "turnaround" moment--my brother's fiance asked me to be in the wedding. The largest size the bridesmaid dress comes in (and they're sized small) is the size I wear. I decided I would not be the one who had to ask them to switch dresses b/c I couldn't wear it! :teeth:

I am going back on WW (counting points works for me), and I worked out today. It's a start! Good luck to you! :thumbsup2

DisDee
03-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Much success to you with your healthy lifestyle changes. The great thing about the WISH boards is that everyone is so supportive because we've all been there. I recently started WW and began going to Curves after a lapse in my membership. I think the best piece of advice that someone gave me is to take 1 day at a time. Believe in yourself, ask for support, and share your ups and downs with a like-minded community. I WISH you the best!

thefigueroas
03-13-2006, 09:08 PM
You can do it! Just keep your eye on the prize and you'll make it. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

kimwim8
03-14-2006, 10:43 AM
WELCOME TO WISH!

Do you normally workout? If not, working out every day seems extreme & might wear you down by April 8th. I would do more of an every other day plan in order to give your muscles time to rest.

Check out the WISH journals at the top of the page, and think about starting one yourself. It's done wonders for me, as far as support, and asking questions. I love to read other journals too to get inspiration or ideas.

Take care & GOOD LUCK! :wave2:

monte
03-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Hi there!

I found a cool website where you journal your food intake, weight loss, workouts, etc....and the best part is that it's free! Check it out at: www.fitday.com

It's alittle complicated at first, but it's a nice tool to have. Good luck! :teeth:

dizneefamily5
03-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Thank you all so much - what a wonderful group of people! I am going to start a journal. I think it will give me some accountability. I am planning to workout every day, but some days less than others. I just need to get active. I think Sunday will be my day off. E-diets recommends one day per week off. I think I'll try that. Although, today I sure am sore :)

decaff38
03-14-2006, 08:38 PM
It is very admireable to work out everyday but you should start sslowly. If you need the everyday routine do it but start with 30 min. walking and 15 minutes weights. You really don't want to hurt yourself as you just get going. Just move some everyday. Muscles need to rest to heal, so be careful. I always take Mondays off because they are crazy days. and do 3 days of full workouts and the days inbetween a bit softer. Find what works for you. Just dont start to hard and fast. Best of luck!!!

ohMom
03-14-2006, 08:41 PM
:welcome: :welcome: dizneefamily5 and fellow Buckeye!

i admire your outlook on changing your lifestyle into a healthy way, kudos to you! your children need you around for a very long time, who else would spoil your grandchildren? :)

i was glad to see you are considering a couple days a week lighter days, i like to call those 'active rest' days, read that term somewhere and it stuck for me. i really enjoy yoga/pilates for those days. hopefully your library has some DVDs for you to try

this journey is, at least for me and i think most, one of ups and downs, twists and turns, sprints down the homestretch, etc -- you get the idea. WISH is a great place to come when you are having a hard day and need support or accountability, and a super great place for cheering when you reach a mini-goal! glad you are joining in!