PDA

View Full Version : EARLY CHECK IN: December 15th, 2007 - Seven night Western - 12/15/07

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

unixadm
03-05-2006, 09:47 AM
We just booked!!

Category 6, Stateroom 6060

I know it's WAY early...but I'm getting excited already!!!

So...who else is going???

dutch_girl_scout has put together a website to organize the DIS'ers going and their info:

The website is up and ready for anyone who wants to submit their information.

Please e-mail me:
DIS name(s)
First and Last name of people in your group including ages of kids at time of cruise
If you have early or late seating
E-mail address (if you don't want it listed let me know)
Birthdays for your group, including age kids will be on next birthday
Family Picture
Brief description of occupations, families intrests/activities
Pre and post cruise plans
For each kid: picture, activities and/or interests, grade they will be in at cruise time, activities they are looking forward to on the cruise

I will e-mail you the site address once I receive your information.

vanweeldens@mchsi.com

cristit14
03-05-2006, 11:29 AM
I haven't booked yet, but am really close..... :cool1:

unixadm
03-05-2006, 12:02 PM
You may want to look at Costco.

2 Adults and 2 Children (ages 5 and 7 at that time) in Category 6......

Disney's Website: $5310.20 (no transfers/no insurance...We will drive, and I will add 3rd party insurance)

Costco: $4857.60

Plus, if I pay it off with the American Express, I get 2% cash back.

Costco told me that as of April 1st, they are no longer allowed to discount Disney Cruises....what they will be doing instead is giving a store gift card instead of the discount. The person I spoke with did not know how much the card would be good for.

This is consistant with a thread that I read that as of April 1st, NO travel agent can give a discount off the price.

cristit14
03-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Okay.... I just put my deposit down..... Room 2106...
Myself, DH, DD12 and DS 9(at time of sailing)
I am so excited..... :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:

unixadm
03-05-2006, 10:18 PM
So, did you go through Costco?
We can't wait either! Wish it was THIS year!

cristit14
03-06-2006, 06:54 AM
No, I went with Dreams Unlimited. I wish it were this year too! I just went in December on the Eastern and a lot of the DISer's that I went with re-booked for the same time this year. I am really jealous..... Oh well, at least now I have my own cruise to look forward to. It is just so far away...... We aren't telling the kids right now that we have another one booked.

unixadm
03-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah, we didn't tell the kids either, but I think my 5 YO heard my wife and I talking about it. It's not that we are trying to keep it a surprise, it's more that we don't want them spending 1 3/4 years anticipating it!

It's funny...our kids are 3 and 5. When I booked, I realized that they will be 5 and 7 when we go! Good thing is that they will be in the same group for Oceaneer's Club. Our older one will turn 7 on December 13th, 2007, so we will have a birthday celebration on board for him.

unixadm
03-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Well...as of right now, we leave:

1.7757 Years from now

OR

21.3086 Months from now

OR

648 Days, 20 Hours and 20 Minutes from now

OR

15,572.3392 Hours from now

OR

934,340.35 Minutes from now.....

and counting

:Pinkbounc :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:

cristit14
03-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Well...as of right now, we leave:

1.7757 Years from now

OR

21.3086 Months from now

OR

648 Days, 20 Hours and 20 Minutes from now

OR

15,572.3392 Hours from now

OR

934,340.35 Minutes from now.....

and counting

:Pinkbounc :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Okay, I can tell already... we are going to get along great! Does your wife think you are as crazy with the disboards as my husband does? :crazy: He does love all of the info I get though and meeting all of my dis friends.

Yeah we aren't really trying to keep it a surprise from the kids, but we do have a big WDW trip planned for this summer with my parents, brother and his family so I want to keep the focus on that for them. DH thinks we should wait until a couple of months before the cruise before we tell them, but I know I won't be able to wait that long. Besides, I will need to get a countdown timer at some point and I know that DD will notice it when I do.

That will be cool to celebrate you son's b'day on board. My b'day is on the 10th. Last year that is the day that we boarded the ship. It was great!

unixadm
03-07-2006, 07:46 AM
Yes, my wife thinks I'm a bit crazy for spending so much time on the board. I'm a moderator on the TiVoCommunity forums, and spend lots of time here, so it seems like I'm always checking in somewhere on my laptop.

She does know that we wouldn't have had half as nice vacations if it wasn't for the info and people I've met here, though. She is amazed at the great info I've found here. I &lways seem to have the answers.....thanks to the DIS.

dutch_girl_scout
03-08-2006, 05:34 PM
We're joining you for the 12/15/07 cruise!!! It will be me, DH, DS will be 14 and DD12. We are VERY excited!! Cristi, it will be nice to meet you and your family I've heard a lot about you, we're going on the 12/09/06 cruise and as you know, that is a chatty bunch!!

unixadm
03-08-2006, 06:51 PM
We're joining you for the 12/15/07 cruise!!! It will be me, DH, DS will be 14 and DD12. We are VERY excited!! Cristi, it will be nice to meet you and your family I've heard a lot about you, we're going on the 12/09/06 cruise and as you know, that is a chatty bunch!!

Glad to see you made it over here!

I saw your PM, went to answer it, and got called away from my computer. I was going to point you here!

Yes, it's early....we have a VERY long time before the trip, but hey....by that time, we will all be longtime friends!! :grouphug:

We have an upcoming WDW trip...and although I'm really lookiing forward to it, this cruise is on my mind even more!

unixadm
03-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Okay.... I just put my deposit down..... Room 2106...
Myself, DH, DD12 and DS 9(at time of sailing)
I am so excited..... :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:

Are you going on the DVC Member's Cruise as well? If so, then we will be on 2 of the same cruises!

cristit14
03-09-2006, 10:05 AM

Stacie, great to have you with us!!! I know you guys are very chatty on the 12/9 cruise.... You need to talk some of those guys into coming with us... I had a really good time on the last cruise with them. I miss them. What grade will your DD be when we cruise together? My DD will be in 6th then. Wow, will she really be that old? My little girl is growing up. .... :sad1: We will have to let them email. Not yet though because we aren't telling the kids until at least August, after our WDW trip.

cristit14
03-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Are you going on the DVC Member's Cruise as well? If so, then we will be on 2 of the same cruises!
No, we aren't DVC members....

dutch_girl_scout
03-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Stacie, great to have you with us!!! I know you guys are very chatty on the 12/9 cruise.... You need to talk some of those guys into coming with us... I had a really good time on the last cruise with them. I miss them. What grade will your DD be when we cruise together? My DD will be in 6th then. Wow, will she really be that old? My little girl is growing up. .... :sad1: We will have to let them email. Not yet though because we aren't telling the kids until at least August, after our WDW trip.

Cristi--
My DD will be in 6th grade also. She is excited because they will be the last 6th grade class to go to middle school, after that they are changing the elementary from K-5 to K-6 and the middle school from 6th-8th to just 7th and 8th.

We haven't told our kids yet either, partly because it's so far away and partly because we're going this December. We're trying to figure out if we should surprise them with it while we're gone, or what. The other thing is that we got a Cat 3 for the 2007 cruise. We've talked to people who will be in a Cat 3 on our 12/09 cruise and they said we could give them a tour and work it into a surprise somehow. I haven't quite figured it all out yet.

I was going to ask, my ISP allows me to have web pages. Should I start one for this cruise? It might take me a few days to figure it out but I think I can do it.

cristit14
03-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Stacie.... If you want to start a web page for the cruise that would be great. I was thinking about it, but I am not sure if we have that ability or not. Do you want to do it soon or wait until after your next cruise......

I think you should tell your kids on your Dec cruise. When you are taking a tour of the cat 3 room you could ask them who wants to sleep where when we are on the cruise next year? ......

pinkprincessdad
03-09-2006, 08:09 PM
My wife and DD (5 now) will be joining you as well. We haven't told our daughter yet either. We went on a 4 day cruise in September of 2005 and she keeps asking when we are going back. She also insists that our next cruise has to be a 7-day!!

Well, at least we have lots of time to save up for the cruise. I can't wait to see the ship all decorated for Christmas.

cristit14
03-09-2006, 08:11 PM
My wife and DD (5 now) will be joining you as well. We haven't told our daughter yet either. We went on a 4 day cruise in September of 2005 and she keeps asking when we are going back. She also insists that our next cruise has to be a 7-day!!

Well, at least we have lots of time to save up for the cruise. I can't wait to see the ship all decorated for Christmas.

The ship is really pretty all decorated up for Christmas! We just sailed in Dec '05. I think the first night they have a tree lighting ceremony, but we missed it last time. Next time I want to see it.

dutch_girl_scout
03-09-2006, 08:56 PM

Welcome aboard!! We figure we're covered for Christmas presents for at least the next two years.

unixadm
03-10-2006, 07:44 AM

GREAT....You DD5 should be DD7, then right? Our DS5 will be DS7.....they will be in the same Oceaneer's Club Group. Actually, our DS3 will be 5 at the time so they will both be in the same play group.

It's funny....I never even thought about Christmas decorations.....that's even more to look forward to!

TammyAlphabet
03-11-2006, 10:09 AM
It will be me, my DS16 and DD9. Our first seven night cruise. We are excited too!

I wish I was on the DVC Member cruise, but since I am a teacher, I can never do that one. Maybe one day they will have a seven night member cruise right smack dab in the middle of June!! :thumbsup2

I haven't told the kids about the cruise or the four day we have scheduled for this December. I never tell them anything. On our last WDW trip, I kept it a secret until we almost arrived at the hotel where we were staying the night before. They didn't believe that we were going. Now everytime they see a suitcase, they get suspicious.... :p

My DH is not going on any of the cruises or trips to Disney that we take. I know that he doesn't really get "into" everything disney like I do. And, I believe in the state of Florida and in California, that is legal grounds for divorce, but I am not a lawyer. ;) But I am going to go and that is not going to stop me from having a good time.

:cheer2: Only 21 more months to do!!!! :woohoo:

dutch_girl_scout
03-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Welcome TammyAlphabet!! Wow, you guys have a lot of trips planned, do you live near WDW? My DS14 will be glad to know there will be at least one teen boy on board. This will be our second 7-day, we have one planned for this Dec. We went on a Land/Sea last December.

I don't know if I can keep a secret, we'll see!

TammyAlphabet
03-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Welcome TammyAlphabet!! Wow, you guys have a lot of trips planned, do you live near WDW? My DS14 will be glad to know there will be at least one teen boy on board. This will be our second 7-day, we have one planned for this Dec. We went on a Land/Sea last December.

I don't know if I can keep a secret, we'll see!

Thanks for the welcome. I don't live too near disney (Southern Illinois) but, in December last year, I bought annual passes, we are DVC members, and I am going to squeeze every drop out of those AP's. :rotfl2: I am borrowing points from 2007 points to get these trips in one year, to use up the AP's, and won't have anymore coming until 9/08. But I think an addon might be in my future. :stir: When you have ap's and DVC, each additional trip on the AP's is pretty inexpensive really..... But we won't be going back to Disney after this year until this 12/15/07 cruise. I want to do the entire christmas vacation at DVC after the cruise. Then back to the old grind.... :teacher:

My son will be 16 and he is pretty into video games and I hear they have PS2 and other video games on board. He like anime cartoons and Magic the Gathering. Well, in 21 months, who knows, he toss it all in favor of girls!!! :lovestruc

I did pretty good keeping the secret last year, so lets see how it goes. They know about the graduation trip (Flower and Garden and Star Wars Weekend trips) but the rest is a secret (at least from them).

We are heading out of town for a few days to visit relatives. I will catch up with you guys when I get back!!

cristit14
03-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Welcome, Tammy..That is a lot of trips.... We have a WDW trip planned for this August...yes, August :sunny: (I need a melting smilie). Where is southern Illinois do you live? My grandmother lives in western Kentucky and when we drive to visit her we do a short stretch of highway through southern Illinois. My DS will be 9 when we go in 07 and DD will be 12.

dutch_girl_scout
03-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Cristi--I hadn't done the math on your counter. August?!? Oh well, you'll be at WDW. You'll have to ear your Mickey Bars quickly!!

We've thought about APs but we're doing it backwards the 2006 trip we get to WDW on Dec 6th and for the 2007 trip it won't be at least until the 10th. The APs run 365 days right? Not from Dec 2006 to Dec 2007. Does that even make sense?

cristit14
03-11-2006, 12:39 PM
We went to WDW in July once and said Never again. Well, my parents wanted all of us, them and my brother and family to do a big family vacation. We originally had early June picked, but then my brother said that they were going to be having a big inspection on base right around that time so there was no way he would be able to take leave. So, that left August since we were trying to do it when the kids were all out of school. They are using a time share down there so we have two separate units. When we went in December we bought a 7 day pass with no expiration date so we are all set on our tickets cause I know we won't do more than 5 days at the parks. I am hoping that we can try to get to the parks as close to opening as possible, then leave around 1 or so and head back to the condo and the pool for the afternoon and then go back to the parks in the evening. Of course with 9 or 10 people who knows what will actually happen. It is actually my parents 40th anniversary the day after we get there and they have decided to renew their vows while we are there. DD is going to be maid of honor, DS will be ring bearer and DNephew will be best man. It should be lots of fun!

I am not sure how the AP work. Depending on how many days you are going in might be just as good to buy a multi-day pass and get the no exp option.

on another subject.... how did your cookie sales go? I am getting ready to turn in my check to council on Tuesday at our leader meeting. This was my first year being troop cookie director in addition to leader. I prefer being just the leader, but I couldn't get any parents to step up this year. My co-leader is Unit cookie director so I didn't want to ask her.

unixadm
03-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Yes, the AP's expire 1 year from the 1st day of use. We got ours on May 5th 2005, and they expire May 5th 2006. We've gotten our use out of them, though. 7 days in May, 7 days in September, a single day on January 28th after our 7 night cruise, and 6 days this April.

If you don't expect to be down again within a year, you might be better with 10 day non-expiring passes.

We've been to WDW in July and August, before the kids, and I don't think we will do that again. The only good thing in August was that it rained every day around 3pm. Everyone with kids left the park. The rain would only last an hour or so, and when it stopped, we were able to get on rides with no lines!!

In 3 weeks, we will be down there. Can't wait!!

dutch_girl_scout
03-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Cristi--

Our cookie sale went well. We lost a lot of girls this year, we had 5 move, and with 5th grade there are more things to choose from. Last year we had 33 4th grade girls. We're down to 24 registered this year and combined 4th and 5th together (only 4 4th graders). They sold this morning outside our local coffee shop and sold 107 boxes in four hours. Not bad. With booth sales we add up the total sold from all the booth sales and divide it by the total hours worked by all shifts, then award the credit on a per hour basis to the girls that worked. Our council pays camp credit to the girls based on boxes sold. It is a good way to make camp more affordable.

I didn't realize you were a GS leader. For your daughter's junior troop? Finding volunteers stinks. I'm also the Service Unit manager and I have three troops that are struggling to get good leadership. I won't be very popular after our year-end ceremony, I'm pretty much going to say, "the 1st, 3rd, and Jr. High troops will no longer be meeting if noone steps up to lead them". I'd rather only have 50 Girl Scouts served well by the program than 100 who aren't getting anything out of it. Are your girls bridging up to Studio 2B or staying Juniors? Ours are staying, I like the Studio 2B material but it seems really expensive to buy the books and charms each time you want to do something. There are mumblings that it will undergo another revision soon.

dutch_girl_scout
03-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Yes, the AP's expire 1 year from the 1st day of use.

If you don't expect to be down again within a year, you might be better with 10 day non-expiring passes.

In 3 weeks, we will be down there. Can't wait!!

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I think non-expiring is the way to go, just don't know how many days. We'll only need three for the trip this year and probably three for 2007 but the Dutch (frugal) part of me says buy the 10-day now because prices go up every year, the checkbook says only buy the six-day.

cristit14
03-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Stacie, yes I am a leader for my daughters troop. We are 4th grade juniors this year. We only started the year with 9 girls and we just lost one. She did the cookie sale, but won't be doing any more meetings since they moved across town and don't like the drive. She will still do some activities with us til the end of the year though. We did booth sales last Sunday and the Sunday before that at a local grocery store. The first Sunday we sold 159 boxes in our 3 hours and last weekend we did 138 during the same time. This was our first year doing booth sales and they were great! We had really good weather though. Apparently, our council's average is 80-90 boxes a sale, but our area usually averages around 120 boxes.

Wow, Service Unit Manager too. We have someone from council right now as our SUM because nobody will step up. They keep asking me too, but I don't think I want too. I did step up and take over the bank account for the service unit and I am always on different committees, but I don't want the whole thing. I think it would be too hard on top of my job too.

Pinkprincessmom
03-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Hi. I'm the wife to pinkprincessdad. We are so excited about the cruise. :Pinkbounc Thankfully we have a trip to WDW this April. DH had a business trip in Orlando, so we're making a vacation of it.

Unixadm ~ yes, our dd will be 7 for the cruise. On our 4 day cruise, she only spent one day in the Oceanear's Club. She had a wonderful time though. We got off the boat in Nassau and she wouldn't come with us. I'm sure she'll spend more time there on the 7 day cruise. We'll have to let them meet. Maybe they can email closer to time for the cruise.

Our in-laws are going with us too. GMA will celebrate her b-day on the cruise. I'm looking forward to the cake!!

I look forward to getting to know all of you over the next 21 months!!

dutch_girl_scout
03-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Wow, Service Unit Manager too. We have someone from council right now as our SUM because nobody will step up. They keep asking me too, but I don't think I want too. I did step up and take over the bank account for the service unit and I am always on different committees, but I don't want the whole thing. I think it would be too hard on top of my job too.

SU Manager isn't really that big of deal here. We only have one troop for each grade level. Our town, Pella, is only 11,000 people. Our biggest problem is keeping a field director. We've had four in the last five years I've been involved. Our council is located in Des Moines and the field directors are required to have office hours in Des Moines but have to attend SU meetings all over the council, which can mean 1 1/2-2 hour drives, that's a lot to ask of someone who has a family.

I'm sure we'd do well at a booth sale on a Sunday morning, but it would be frowned upon here. Not only is Pella small but it has like 15 churches. People are pretty conservative. None of our stores are open on Sunday except Wal-Mart (don't get me started), one grocery store, and gas stations. There is even an unspoken rule against mowing your yard on Sunday. Even though a lot of people grocery shop after church it wouldn't be good to ask girls to sell on Sunday. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad my town has morals and values, it just seems extreme sometimes.

Man my posts get long, sorry.

cristit14
03-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Hi. I'm the wife to pinkprincessdad. We are so excited about the cruise. :Pinkbounc Thankfully we have a trip to WDW this April. DH had a business trip in Orlando, so we're making a vacation of it.

Unixadm ~ yes, our dd will be 7 for the cruise. On our 4 day cruise, she only spent one day in the Oceanear's Club. She had a wonderful time though. We got off the boat in Nassau and she wouldn't come with us. I'm sure she'll spend more time there on the 7 day cruise. We'll have to let them meet. Maybe they can email closer to time for the cruise.

Our in-laws are going with us too. GMA will celebrate her b-day on the cruise. I'm looking forward to the cake!!

I look forward to getting to know all of you over the next 21 months!!

Welcome! The cake is pretty good, but the ship on top is really good! I had a birthday cake on our first night onboard last December. The only thing was I had just ordered dessert and they brought out dessert and the cake on top of it. I was stuffed when I got done. Even after sharing the cake, we still left some on the table.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone too! :wave: We are already on page three and how many months do we have left, Unixadm?

Okay, Unixadm, I just typed your name and it dawned on me... you must be in computers right?

cristit14
03-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Stacie.. I could probably handle SUM for that size.... ;) I am here in Denver and our Service Unit alone has something like 25 troops. And we have lots of Service Units in our Council. It sounds like your town is pretty conservative. Sometimes I think it would be nice to be in a smaller town like that and then I remember that I used to live in a smaller town like that. ;) I did like the Sunday afternoon booth sales, we did seem to get everyone shopping after church. Saturday sales are probably really good, but our girls have so many other activities on Saturdays that I thought Sunday would work better.

Sorry, my posts get long too...... :crazy:

dutch_girl_scout
03-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Well, yesterday was spring, today is not. We topped out close to 70 yesterday and my DH got a sunburn while finishing a fence that we put up for our naughty dog. Today is overcast and rainy, the high was 46 and that was about 8:30 this morning.

My DH and I both were born and raised in Pella. We were always going to leave and live somewhere else. Then we got married and had kids and we decided it wasn't so bad. Plus, I think my grandma would have killed me if we moved away. All of our family is in the area which is nice.

PinkPrincessMom-what day is GMA's birthday? DH's is on Dec 6, that's the day we leave for FL for our cruise this year.

cristit14
03-12-2006, 03:35 PM
It isn't spring here today either. It is 31 right now and has been lightly snowing all afternoon. I am thinking soup sounds good for dinner tonight.

It looks like we have quite a few December b'days in this bunch. Mine is on the 10th.

Pinkprincessmom
03-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Definitely Spring-like here. Wearing capries and sandals.

GMA's b-day is Dec. 17.

TammyAlphabet
03-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Christi, I am living in Carbondale, Illinois. Maybe you drive close by on I-64? That would be a little north of Carbondale. But that road runs from St. Louis to Louisville, Ky. So I am guessing a little.

I admire you guys who are girl scouts leaders, my daughter is a girl scout and I am hoping to start getting much more involved once I graduate from school this May. So at least our girls will have that in common.

I am in Northeast Arkansas right now, on a job interview for two days. Ughh!! It is nice to meet new people but I have a crick in my neck because I am so stessed out.

I am guessing that Unixadm is a unix administrator??? That is cool. I am in information technology too, but I am an academic type. I teach accounting information systems and hope to become a full time instructor this fall somewhere, which is why I have to interview.

I am so glad to be meeting up with all you guys, I think it will make the cruise so much more fun to "know" at least a couple of people.

Wish me luck!!

dutch_girl_scout
03-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Tammy--Good luck with the interview. It sounds like you have a lot going on right now. I admire you for going to school as an adult. I graduated from Central College (a four-year liberal arts college) last May with a degree in Information Systems. I was one of five non-traditional students. I had started out as an accounting major, then took my first accounting class (financial, not managerial), I changed my major really quickly. :rotfl:

I'm glad to have found the boards too. Our last cruise was a three-day on the Wonder, it was fun but I think it will be a lot more fun knowing people, and definately more fun for the kids.

cristit14
03-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Tammie... How did the interviews go? We drive I-64 through that stretch of Illinois and then head on into Kentucky. My grandmother lives in Cadiz, Ky which is not far from Hopkinsville and Paducah. It is a very pretty area.

My DH is going back to school right now too. He is a pharmacist originally, then when DS7 was a baby he decided to back to school for computers so he has been a QA engineer for the past 6 years or so. Now, he feels like he need a higher degree to move up in the computer industry. He is currently working on a Masters in database administration( I think.... ) He is only doing one class at a time so it is going to take awhile. The great thing is his job will pay for his college. I think they pay up to $5000/year as long as he has at least a B in the classes.

Our first cruise was a 4 day as part of a land/sea. It was fun, but it was even more fun on the 7 day since we knew so many people. We were always running into someone we knew. Some of them I didn't recognize, but they knew me from seeing my kids pics on the DIS boards..... :)

dutch_girl_scout
03-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Cristi--
My DD will be in 6th grade also. She is excited because they will be the last 6th grade class to go to middle school, after that they are changing the elementary from K-5 to K-6 and the middle school from 6th-8th to just 7th and 8th.

Cristi,
I'm sorry, it occurred to me this morning when thinking about Dec 2007 that DD will be in 7th grade. She will be 12. My brain can't think that far ahead, I'm lucky to be able to think about next week!! :rotfl: I haven't even looked at how many days away it is, that would truly scare me. Our December 2005 land/sea was booked at the end of August, three months was the perfect wait time for me, just long enough to get info not long enough to go crazy. The December 2006 cruise is NEVER going to get here, we still have to wait all summer. :sad2: Sorry about the confusion

cristit14
03-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Stacie, that is okay, I was kind of thinking she must be in 7th grade then, since she is will be almost 13 when we sail and my DD will be barely 12 when we sail.
You will be fine waiting for the Dec 06 cruise. It is the 07 cruise that will make us crazy :crazy:
Our first cruise we booked the end of March and went that July. That was a pretty decent wait. Next cruise we booked Sept 04 and went Dec 05. This one is way too long from now. At least we have WDW to look forward to for this summer and then once that is over it will be just a little over a year away. I don't know if I will make it that long..... :bitelip:

Pinkprincessmom
03-14-2006, 03:07 PM
I agree about the long wait. We booked our September 05 cruise in July, I think. That was almost too little time to get prepared. Now all I can think about is December 2007. I'm trying not to wish my time away...

We're going to WDW in April and probably again in January 07. Our first trip as a family was in November/December of 04. We're totally hooked now!!

cristit14
03-14-2006, 03:24 PM
I know what you mean.... our first cruise was a land/sea in July 04. It was going to be a "once in a lifetime" trip. Well..... now we have our third booked... we are hooked too...... :teeth:

dutch_girl_scout
03-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Where does everyone stay when you go to WDW?

For our land/sea we stayed at the Dolphin because it was the only option left since we wanted a Cat 6 stateroom. For the cruise this December we are staying at Coronado Springs. I've read really good things about it on the resort thread I hope that it lives up to my expectations. The All-Star family suites look like something that my family would like too, my kids HATE sleeping in the same bed on vacation.

Tammy-I hope your interviews went well and that they don't keep you in suspense too long.

Pinkprincessmom
03-16-2006, 04:41 PM
We bought a time share other than Disney in 2002. If I had only known about Disney then...

On our first trip we stayed at the in-laws time share...can't remember the resort, but it was nice, had a nice pool and play area. We had tickets left from this trip, so after our cruise, we stayed at All-Star Music for 2 nights.

This April, DH is there for a business trip. We are using bonus time of our time share and hoping that the company will reimburse us the total cost.

After we pay off one of our cars...we might join DVC...we'll have to wait and see.

cristit14
03-16-2006, 04:42 PM
For our land/sea we stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort. The resort property was really pretty, but I don't think I would stay there again. It was just too spread out. For our past Dec trip we stayed off site at the Sheraton Safari. We liked staying there much better. They had really comfy beds! For our WDW trip this summer we are staying offsite again in a time share with my parents, brother and his family. It is WAY too early for me to be thinking about the 07 cruise, but more than likely we won't be flying in until the day before the cruise, so we may stay close to the airport or maybe close to the port.

TammyAlphabet
03-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes!!! I have my dissertation defense next week and I am waiting on news from all the interviews that I have been on. I appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts I can get.

I will let you guys know how it is going. :sunny:

TammyAlphabet
03-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Whose ready for spring? ME! ME! ME! :sunny:

No news on the job front yet, but I did get an email from one school that they are in the midst of talks with top administration (ahem, about salary I am sure), hopefully they will get some more money to offer me. In higher education right now, salaries for Accounting professors are going through the roof because the supply is way low and many sitting professors are reaching retirement age quickly. Good Ole Suppy and Demand, how I love ya!! Well, top administration can't understand why you pay an Accounting or other business professor a humungous salary when the history professor from Harvard is making peanuts. So, when the department chair mentioned that they are going to top administration I am assuming it is over money.

I have student loans out the kazoo!!!!! :guilty:

Happy Weekend everybody!!!

TammyAlphabet
03-20-2006, 09:06 PM
I am getting lonely!

I told my mom this weekend that I want a micky mouse waffle maker....

Maybe she will get me one for graduation.

Was today the first day of Spring?

dutch_girl_scout
03-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Tammy-

I'm definately ready for spring. We woke up this morning to 2+ inches of snow and it's still coming down. It is spring break week for my kids. They are outside sledding! At least they aren't in the house driving me crazy!!

I'm glad you have a ticker going. I haven't put that one on becasue we haven't told the kids (still debating what to do).

Mickey wafflemaker---I was stocking up on groceries before the snow last night and bought Pirates of the Caribbean cereal. We all had it for breakfast today, YUM!

TammyAlphabet
03-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Stacie--

That ticker is for my cruise for this fall with my kids and brother. LOL! I haven't put the ticker for the 2007 one either because there is no room. :cool1: I have a disney sickness, I know. Admitting it is the first step to recoverey. I think you have to want to recover!

Snow!!! Oh My! We have had a very light winter here in Southern Illinois. Knock on wood! But it is very cold this week. I am glad the kids have something to keep them busy and out of your hair. I absolutely know what that is like!! ;)

I have been to Davenport, Iowa. I was there for two days and the weather was absolutely beautiful and perfect the whole time. They told me that those were to only two pretty days they had had all year! :lmao:

Well, I have to get something accomplished before the "little angels" get home from school. I should get busy!!

Thanks for not letting me feel so lonely!! :sunny:

Tammy

dutch_girl_scout
03-22-2006, 08:46 AM
DUUHH! Guess I was wishful thinking about the ticker? :rotfl:

We went to Lion King last night in Des Moines. It was a fabulous show!! We got home close to midnight.

We don't have much planned for today, DS13 is up already playing computer, DD11 is still sleeping soundly.

Have a good day!! :sunny:

TammyAlphabet
03-22-2006, 09:15 AM
I am just trying not to freak out too much about my dissertation presentation tomorrow! I am more than a little scared. So I am trying to get my mind off of it by doing other stuff, maybe even some laundry! Amazing for me!

When my kids are on Spring Break, I let them sleep as long as possible! :sunny:

I am going to try to talk my brother into going on this cruise with us but after the four night this Christmas is over. I want to see how it goes.

I think that four in a room for four days is one thing, but for seven! I don't know. Others have done it, but it seems crowded. :crowded:

Have a great day and enjoy those kids!

dutch_girl_scout
03-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Tammy-
I'm sure you'll do fine tomorrow. Youv'e made it this far, one more thing to be done and over with.

Four in our room for the three day was definately crowded!! For our 2006 cruise we went with Cat 4 and are waitlisted for a suite. It isn't bigger than the Cat 6 we were in last time but just a little bit of extra floor space will make a huge difference.

cristit14
03-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Tammy, sorry you were lonely.... I was out of town sort of .... The kids and I went up to Loveland to spend a couple of days with my parents. THis is the first spring break that we haven't had any trips planned so I felt the need to get away for a couple of days.

We were fine with 4 people in our cat 9 room, but I don't have teenagers yet so that may change with time... :sunny:

kath1210
03-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi everyone - we just booked this cruise today! :wave2: Our family is me (DW46), DH45, DD12 and DS14. My kids will be 13 and 16 (I can't believe it!) for the December 2007 cruise. Seems SO far away right now.

Tammy - We are also booked on the December 17, 2006 4-night Wonder cruise, but may cancel it. I just can't decide. We got a good rate, so I will wait. We booked an August 2006 Western cruise, but I am worried that a hurricane may change our plans. If so, I'll definitely keep the December 2006 cruise. :banana:

It looks like an all Girl Scout cruise so far! I am a co-leader for my daughter's troop, and cookie mom. I was leader and the perpetual cookie mom for about 5 years, but our troop got so small this year (5 girls) that we "merged" with another troop. Their leader stayed the leader and I became a co-leader. Yay! :cool1:

I am looking forward to getting to know everybody on this cruise, and hope we can get our kids to know one another via e-mail or IM as well.

dutch_girl_scout
03-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Kathy--Welcome aboard!! My DD will be 12 and DS will be 15 on this cruise. Sounds like the kids will have plenty of company!!

An all Girl Scout DIS group would be cool! Especially if we all bring GS cookies from our councils. I've heard that different areas have different kinds of cookies. What better food to have a DIS meet than a conceige spread and GS cookies!!!

cristit14
03-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Kathy.... Welcome aboard! :cheer2:

Stacie.... what a great idea about the cookies. We will have to post what kinds of cookies our council has so that we know what different kinds to bring.

dutch_girl_scout
03-22-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm so tired of cookies I could name them in my sleep! :rotfl: Tomorrow is a booth sale at the local Subway during lunch hour, final booth sales are this weekend then we are done for another year.

This year's cookies were:
Tagalongs (peanut butter patties)
Thin Mints
Samoas (carmel, cocunut, chocolate)
Trefoils (shortbread)
All Abouts (shortbread with chocolate on bottom)
Do Si Dos (peanut butter sandwich cookies)
Lemon Coolers (reduced fat lemon filled, rolled in powdered sugar)
Cafe Cookies (really hard spice cookies meant for dunking)

They got rid of the Double Dutch for us this year, they were chocolate with chocolate chips, YUM!

Tammy--Get a good night sleep and best of luck tomorrow!!! I'll be sending you good vibes! :goodvibes

kath1210
03-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome, guys (gals). This should be a great cruise!

Our cookies were:

Thin Mints
Carmel Delites (same as Samoas)
Lemon Pastry Cremes (low-fat, lemon sandwich cookies)
Thanks A Lots (round shortgread coated on bottom w/chocolate - Thank you written in different languages)
Cartwheels (Low-fat cinnamon oatmeal - surprisingly good!)
Shortbread
Peanut Butter Patties
Peanut Butter Sandwiches

It looks like we had the same kind, just different names. I hope we get the Double Dutch cookies sometime - they sound yummy!

I think there are two different bakers (maybe more) - ours was ABC Bakers. Last year we had Strawberry Pinatas and Animal Treasures, which were discontinued, but the Thanks A Lots are just like the Animal Treasures, only round.

Our price per box was $3.50, the girls get 55 cents per box. Not enough, IMHO.

Tammy - Good luck tomorrow!

Good night all!

cristit14
03-22-2006, 10:42 PM
We had the same as you Stacie. It looks like Kathy had a couple of different ones. You will have to bring some of the lemon sandwich cookies. Those are good and we don't have them here anymore. We had the Double Dutch last year. I really like those!!!!! I don't really care for the new Cafe cookie. It is a dunking cookie. DD likes it dunked in hot chocolate. My co-leader really likes it though. I think the only thing that would make me like it would be to scoop chocolate ice cream with it. ;)

Stacie... hang in there cookies are almost done for another year. Ours are finished. I turned in my check to council a week ago Tuesday. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kathy... Your cookies cost more than ours... Ours are $3 a box and the troop gets .50.

unixadm
03-23-2006, 07:51 AM
Welcome Kathy!

Well, no Girl Scouts here, since we have 2 boys...but I'll take a couple cases of the thin mints!!! :lmao:

It seems so far away, but I know that it will creep up on us and be here quicker than we expect. In the meantime, I have WDW next week (we booked that last year, and it is already here!), and the DVC member cruise in October, so that will keep my planning gene happy for a while.

TammyAlphabet
03-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks everyone! I am trying to do calming things, like read the boards!!

Kathy! :wave: The four night is a great rate. I hope you stay on both!

I want some cookies! I ate so many Girl Scout Cookies this year I think I sponsored one girl at camp. :sad2:

Okay, I am off to buy snacks to feed the committee and butter them up.

Tammy

TammyAlphabet
03-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Well, the committee has met and I am now Dr. Bahmanziari!!!!!!

It has been a hard five years, but in a few more weeks I will get to walk down and get my degree. I am really tired and relieved!

Thanks for all your well wishes.

Tammy Bahmanziari

TammyAlphabet
03-23-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm so tired of cookies I could name them in my sleep! :rotfl: Tomorrow is a booth sale at the local Subway during lunch hour, final booth sales are this weekend then we are done for another year.

This year's cookies were:
Tagalongs (peanut butter patties)
Thin Mints
Samoas (carmel, cocunut, chocolate)
Trefoils (shortbread)
All Abouts (shortbread with chocolate on bottom)
Do Si Dos (peanut butter sandwich cookies)
Lemon Coolers (reduced fat lemon filled, rolled in powdered sugar)
Cafe Cookies (really hard spice cookies meant for dunking)

They got rid of the Double Dutch for us this year, they were chocolate with chocolate chips, YUM!

Tammy--Get a good night sleep and best of luck tomorrow!!! I'll be sending you good vibes! :goodvibes

Those are all the same cookies that we had this year. My daughter sold a case and that was all to family members. :lmao:

cristit14
03-23-2006, 07:13 PM

It has been a hard five years, but in a few more weeks I will get to walk down and get my degree. I am really tired and relieved!

Tammy Bahmanziari

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Time to party:
Congratulations!!!

dutch_girl_scout
03-23-2006, 08:47 PM

Tammy Bahmanziari

Yeah Tammy!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job, I'm sure you are way relieved! What a great feeling, and quite the accomplishment!

Pinkprincessmom
03-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Congratulations Tammy

We got our cruise information in the mail yesterday. I need to remind myself not to wish my days away.

kath1210
03-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Way to go, Tammy! :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :bounce: :yay:

dutch_girl_scout
03-24-2006, 09:00 AM
Hope everyone has a great weekend. We're heading to Minnesota today for the regional swim meet. I'll probably have withdrawl from the DIS boards. I think I'll take the laptop and hope the hotel has Wi-Fi (naughty, I know).

TammyAlphabet
03-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks for all the congrats! I appreciate it very much. :grouphug:

Now I have to hurry and get a job so I pay for all these trips and cruises!! :sunny:

I wish the cruise was coming more quickly.....I need to get away.

Have fun at the swim meet Stacie!

My husband took the whole family out to Lone Star Steakhouse last night to celebrate. It was really good. Now I need to get on a diet for my next WDW trip. ;)

dutch_girl_scout
03-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Hello all--I found our thread hiding on Page 3. Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was hard to wake up the kids and send them back to school today after having them home for a week. Part of me wishes we had year round school so that they had several breaks instead of just two.

The swim meet went well this weekend. DD is already talking about next year.

Tammy-I'm glad you got to celebrate a little this weekend, you deserve it. Any news on the job front?

PinkPrincessMom-Thanks for starting a ticker for this cruise, I'll live through yours for a while, at least until we tell the kids. I did ask them this weekend if they thought they would still want to cruise on Disney in '07 and they both gave me these looks like "DAH! Why wouldn't we?" Guess it was a silly question.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!!

TammyAlphabet
03-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey everybody...

I did nothing worth 2 cents the whole weekend... :sunny:

No news on the job front yet. I am expecting at least one offer this week but I haven't gotten it yet and I am sitting on pins and needles.

My husband is out of town for the next week, so that means I get the remote from time to time. :rotfl2:

I saw the preacher's wife in church and she asked about a job and I said no luck yet and she said she was tired of praying for me!! (She was kidding!)

I need some girl scout cookies!!

dutch_girl_scout
03-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Hey all--
Saving our thread from the 2nd page.

The Girl Scout Cookie sale will be history on Friday. YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Now I just have to make sure I have leaders lined up for next year. This has definately been a starting over year. I'm ready to lose my mind.

It's Wednesday, the weekend is just a few more days away. We have a Girl Scout event Saturday, then my son's boy's choir is performing Saturday night. Sunday a new session of Sunday School starts. Guess that about does it for my weekend.

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

cristit14
03-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Hi guys! It has been busy around here. I had to work last weekend and then M-W this week. I am tired. Not used to doing 5 days straight ( I usually work 3 days a week... if I am lucky only 2). I haven't really been up to dis'ing when I get home by the time we get done with homework it is getting close to bed time.
I just found out on Monday night that one of the other troop leaders in our unit is missing. Both her and her husband are missing. It is really strange. She was last seen on Feb 24th and her husband was last seen on March 14th. I guess that she was going out of town the 24th and hasn't been seen in any of the locations that she was supposed to show up at. Her husband left town on the 14th for a job interview or something. He has been seen in the state he was going to, but nobody has heard from him. I didn't know him at all, but I do know her. I just saw her on Feb 22nd at a unit Thinking Day activity that we had. It is pretty sad. Please keep her in your prayers.

TammyAlphabet
03-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Oh, Cristi! I hope they find those people. That is always so scary to hear.

Stacie--I am wanting some Do-si-dos!! Oh wait, I am a lump. Guess I will retract my request.

Job front--I have two offers on the table. Woo Hoo. They are only 500 dollars apart. So I guess I will pick the based on the other factors. I think I have decided to take the one in Tennessee. (My home state) I am just waiting on some final information from that school. But this is pretty exciting.

I have cancelled my Thanksgiving trip to WDW for this year but I am going to do a girls only trip with my daughter over fall break in Mid-October. We can do the MNNSHP. I got into OKW, but I am waitlisted for BWV. Well, I can dream can't I?

cristit14
03-30-2006, 07:30 PM
They found the husband yesterday I guess. He(Frank) was found in Arkansas in a suicide attempt. I don't feel good about Terri. He seems awfully guilty of something. The police are still looking at is as a missing person case though.

Tammy, that is great you have two job offers. Where in Tennessee is the one school? I lived in Tennessee for about 4 years when I was a teenager.

TammyAlphabet
03-30-2006, 10:19 PM
The school is Middle Tennessee State University. It is a rather large university about 30 miles south of Nashville. So it is a really nice area. I think I will really like it there. All the professors are so nice and the facilities are top of the line. Tennessee has no state income tax so that helps make the salary go farther.

I will have to call and let them know I have decided to accept the job.

Wonder where Unixadm went? Nzdisneymom? Yoo Hoo!!! Come back! :sunny:

cristit14
03-31-2006, 07:26 AM
MTSU is in Murfresboro isn't it? My best friend in high school dad worked for Nissan in Murfresboro. I used to live in Greenbrier which is about 30 miles north of Nashville. When would you be moving there? We will probably be in Nashville briefly this summer. My high school reunion is this summer and I want to go. I actually graduated in Alabama, but I think we will fly into Nashville and then drive up to see my grandmother in Ky then drive down to Montgomery for my reunion and probably fly out of Atlanta.

dutch_girl_scout
03-31-2006, 07:43 AM
Cristi--I don't know what to say. I hope everything turns out ok. It sounds very scary. I will definately keep them and your community in my prayers.

Tammy-Congrats on the job offers. It's always nice to have options. It sounds like MTSU is a good fit for you.

Things in my life took an interesting turn yesterday, something unEXPECTed. ;) Not sure yet though. I'll have to keep you posted. All I know is that I wish I hadn't already bought my air for the Dec 2006 cruise.

cristit14
03-31-2006, 08:11 AM
Okay Stacie, now you have my curiosity up. ......

TammyAlphabet
03-31-2006, 09:40 AM
Christi-That is great! We are going to be moving in July. I haven't told them yet or gotten the contract or anything. But I am excited. AND, my brother works for Nissan, and has since the plant opened.....I bet they would know each other...What a small world!!

Stacie......EXPECT....Hmmmmm...... :scratchin ....Might there be an extra passenger on our cruise?????????

dutch_girl_scout
03-31-2006, 02:53 PM
Stacie......EXPECT....Hmmmmm...... :scratchin ....Might there be an extra passenger on our cruise?????????

SSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!

kath1210
03-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Hi Everyone - Wow! There are not many of us, but there is a lot going on!

Stacie - Interesting news - keep us informed!

Tammy - How exciting - new job, moving, etc.

Christi - I am praying for your friend.

Well, my life has been pretty boring, except DH and I did just book a 5-night cruise on the NCL Crown out of Philly to Bermuda. It leaves on 4-25, and the obsessive planner in me is panicking! NCL is supposed to be laid back - freestyle dining and casual dress code all the time. Formal nights are optional! I think I'll get in the relaxing "groove" and just bring the essentials and try to have a good time!

That cruise seems to have just popped up recently, and the rates are really good. I am very excited! Dh and I have not gone away without the kids for years!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

cristit14
03-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Wow, Kathy... I'm jealous.... I wish I could cruise that soon. It is tough sometimes being in the middle of the country. Too hard to get to a beach....
Well, I was on the local news website earlier and they have changed it from a missing person case to a homicide case. :sad2: Even though we weren't close, I am still pretty disturbed by the whole situation.
Sorry to be a downer.....

TammyAlphabet
03-31-2006, 06:56 PM
I am sorry about your fellow scout leader. That is too sad.....

dutch_girl_scout
04-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Cristi,
You and your GS community are definately in our thoughts and prayers. :grouphug: Hang in there.

cristit14
04-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks Tammy and Stacie. The husband confessed to killing her the other day. It is all pretty unreal. I guess at least now we know.

TammyAlphabet
04-02-2006, 10:09 PM
That is terrible!!! I can't believe how prevalent this is. I am so sorry.

dutch_girl_scout
04-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Hey all--

Cristi-I read the story on a Denver newschannel website. What a tragedy!! We are praying for your community, what a sensless thing.

We had a fun weekend, told the kids the news and the grandparents. Kind of exciting. Now I need to touch base with the TA. Obviously we won't be going on a cruise this December, baby won't be old enough, so we're trying to decide if we should postpone or just cancel. We'll need to add a passenger to the Dec 2007 cruise also. I knew we had got a bigger stateroom for a reason. :rotfl:

It is windy and cold here today. Had lots of bad storms yesterday but they all missed us even though there was a tornado warning called as soon as I dropped DD off at church. It's definately too muddy and cold to send the puppy out to play. I guess I'll be her entertainment for today.

TammyAlphabet
04-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Stacie-Congratulations! I am glad you can add that passenger while the prices are still low. :sunny:

We had some bad weather around the Southern Illinois area but the worst of it was south of us and where many of my relatives live in Northwest Tennessee. 20+ people were killed in the counties surrounding where my mom and brother live and less than 1 mile from my mom's house. It was a scary night to say the least. They are fine and the house is fine and they are lucky. I am sure that it will be ruled at least an F4 if not an F5 tornado. Please keep these people in your prayers.

I have to meet with the format "nazi" tomorrow. That is the lady that takes a ruler to my dissertation and determines if the margins are exactly right and other such nonsense. I am not looking forward to that. But, this is just another of the endless hoops that I must jump through to get my degree and get on with my life.

I am accepting a job offer tomorrow with MTSU. :cloud9: They are checking on moving expenses but I will give her the official word tomorrow. I guess I am moving to Murfreesboro, Tennessee. It is a great school and has great facilities and classrooms and I feel quite lucky to be going there. Only 30 minutes outside of Nashville and around 30 to the airport in Nashville. Great location for a travel junkie. :teeth:

Talk to you guys later.......

dutch_girl_scout
04-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Tammy-glad your family is ok. I saw Tennessee on the new this morning, it looked nasty. Are you serious about someone measuring margins? That's just silly, imagine reading that job description, "Must be able to use a ruler and measure margins." :rotfl: How much does it pay? I could probably do that from home in my PJs!

I go meet with my travel agent on Thursday to add what I guess they call TBD passenger. The good news is that when we cancelled our 12/06 cruise we got rid of my small town TA that had stolen the ressie. I'm now only dealing with the AAA travel agent. I've never met her but on the phone she's a hoot. She warned me that she isn't as skinny in person as she is on the phone. She says I sound "cute", I hate to tell her but I'm not near as "cute" in person. My kids of course were dissappointed that we can't cruise in December. We're trying to decide if we want to go in April (baby has to be 12 weeks) or not. We can get two connecting cat 6s for a little bit more than what were paying for a cat 5. We could all fit in a cat 5 too but I think it would be a little crowded :crowded: and the kids probably wouldn't appreciate it. Give me a verandah, a book, and a cute baby and I'm set. It is possible that I'm forgetting all the work babies take (my babies are 14 and 11) and that they don't conform to schedules for awhile, but we would be on a cruise. Decisions, decisions!

dutch_girl_scout
04-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Oh--I forgot to say congrats again on the job. I'm sure it feels good to have your life falling back into some sort of order.

TammyAlphabet
04-04-2006, 08:17 AM
I am so excited for you Stacie--a new baby. That is a big change after the others are a little older.

Yes, I am expecting a ruler to come out of her desk drawer. Of course, there are other things that she does also, although I am not sure what they are. I am sure I will find out today.

Talk later...

cristit14
04-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Are you serious about someone measuring margins? That's just silly, imagine reading that job description, "Must be able to use a ruler and measure margins." :rotfl: How much does it pay? I could probably do that from home in my PJs!

:lmao: :lmao: Hey me too, I was just thinking I needed a job where I am not on my feet as much..... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Congrats on the job Tammy. You will have to let me know when you get to Tennessee and if you are there before we get there maybe we could meet for a drink or something. Glad your family is okay. I just saw the pictures. I was pretty much avoiding the news all weekend and I hadn't even heard about the tornados.

cristit14
04-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Stacie, how are you feeling? That is a tough decision about the cruise. I don't know if I could have done it when my kids were that little, but I know that lots of people do. Did you tell the kids about the Dec 07 trip yet or are you still going to wait?

dutch_girl_scout
04-04-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm feeling amazingly well. I get really tired when I try to do a whole lot, I've been napping some in the afternoon so I can make it through supper. By the time the kids go to bed 9-9:30 I'm ready too.

No, we haven't told the kids about the 2007 cruise yet. I've read all the threads on cruising with an infant and everyone makes it sound really easy. If we went in April we'd probably do an eastern, so it would be some beaches and sight seeing. I think I would be ok hanging out on the beach with babe while DH and the kids snorkeled or whatever, and sightseeing would probably be ok with a snugli or stroller. Sounds like I'm trying to talk myself into it doesn't it? I hate to tell my kids they have to wait 20 months to cruise again. Especially now that everything is going to change for them so much.

cristit14
04-04-2006, 02:54 PM
It probably wouldn't be bad with an infant,especially since you are talking about getting 2 rooms. That way the older two could be in one and you, DH and baby could be in the other. Late night feedings wouldn't disturb the older ones then. The Eastern beaches are great. That wouldn't be hard to do with a little one.

TammyAlphabet
04-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey! I made through the meeting with the "ruler" nazi! Not really very bad. Just a few more hoops....Boy am I tired of it. But it is almost over.

I have accepted the job officially and starting the home mortgage and home searching process. I am glad we are renting here in Carbondale. One less thing to worry about.

Stacie--Bring the baby!! You will all have a great time and work out the details along the way. And the two older children can be alot of help.

Christi--After moving, starting a new job and putting the Children in new schools... I will need a drink. When I get a new address and phone number, I will PM it to you. Sometime in July I think I should be moved in.

What happened to kath1210? Is she still cruising with us? (Oh yeah! She is getting ready to cruise!!!)

cristit14
04-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Tammy, you will have to pm when you know. We may be there earlier than you get there. We probably will fly in on the 7th and then head to my grandmother's for a few days before we drive down to Alabama.

TammyAlphabet
04-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Christi, I will definitely let you know when I know. That would be great though!

cristit14
04-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi guys, just bumping us off of page two. ;)
I am getting things ready for tomorrow's girl scout meeting. I was having a hard time thinking of anything to do this time. We decided to do the badge about healthy relationships. It has a lot of friendship type things and decision making activities. It doesn't look like it will be too hard. There are a few role-playing activities and my girls love to act!

TammyAlphabet
04-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Well, the ruler nazi sent me an email, a few more changes, Why didn't she give me those changes the first time. Serenity now!! Serenity now!! :teeth:

dutch_girl_scout
04-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Hey guys--glad to see we're on page 1 again. Any badge that doesn't require a lot of "stuff" is a good one to do. We don't meet again for a while. We usually meet on Friday nights right after school. This Friday is the big father/daughter dance for K-5th girls, next Friday there is no school, and the following Friday, we have the Service Unit end of the year award ceremony.

Tammy your'e almost done. Hang in there.

I'm going to the city (Des Moines) today to meet with my TA and get some clothes that fit :rotfl: I might have to "browse" the baby aisle, I'll probably get sticker shock looking at the prices of all the gear like car seats, strollers, etc, etc. I should probably meet with the TA first while I still think I have money left. :rotfl:

Hope everyone has a good day!

lillygator
04-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone - I haven't had a chance to read through all the pages, but we will be joining you,
Me, Vanessa
Charming, John
Princess Samantha (5 at cruise time)
Princess Haley (almost 3 at cruise time).....:)

and no Cristi...I doubt we'll be having any parties in our cabin! :)

cristit14
04-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Hey V! Great to see you will be joining us! I think it will be Stacie's turn for the party, didn't you say you had a cat 3 for that cruise Stacie? ;)
Are you doing one of the Med cruises too?

TammyAlphabet
04-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Welcome Vanessa! Glad you are joining us. :sunny:

kath1210
04-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Hi Vanessa and family! :wave2: We're glad you will be on this cruise. The more, the merrier!

I'd love to see a Category 3, Stacie! :Pinkbounc

Well, with the free dining plan, I tried to get my Girl Scout troop to go to WDW for our summer trip. I figured we could stay in a value hotel for 3 nights, with free food, for only $134 each. That's the TOTAL price, for 3 nights, not including transportation.

Alas, for a number of reasons, this will not work out. Oh well, I tried. :confused3 :teeth:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

dutch_girl_scout
04-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Yes, we have a cat 3. I might be willing to have the host room, what all does it involve? Remember, we'll have a darling, sweet, well-behaved 1-year-old along so I hope nothing too wild. :rotfl: I've read about the party trays that can be ordered, I'm all for that!

dutch_girl_scout
04-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Well, with the free dining plan, I tried to get my Girl Scout troop to go to WDW for our summer trip. I figured we could stay in a value hotel for 3 nights, with free food, for only $134 each. That's the TOTAL price, for 3 nights, not including transportation.

Alas, for a number of reasons, this will not work out. Oh well, I tried. :confused3 :teeth:

Kathy-How long of a drive is it for you? Our troop is going to Minneapolis, that's about 5 1/2 hours for us. PLEASE tell me girls can't sing for that long. We are leaving pretty early in the morning, so hopefully some of them sleep on the way up otherwise, I think I would go nuts with girls in the van for that long. We do have two adults for each van though, so at least I'll have another adult to talk to. Usually it's my daughter that has to sit in the front because of the airbag. This will be a nice change. This is our first big trip, usually we do things that the council sponsors or locally.

kath1210
04-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Stacie - We were actually going to try to get the parents to chip in for airfare - hopefully $49 each way through Southwest. We could have done more fundraisers to offset that cost, but some of the girls' families could not really afford to chip in a dime. Flying would have been our cheapest option - The drive for us is about 16 hours, so we would have to stay in 4 motel rooms (12 girls, 4 adults) on the way down. Another problem was that a couple of the girls' parents would not let them fly - so no WDW GS trip for us.

Our troop leader (I'm the "co" - we merged our two troops this year) went to New Hampshire with her troop last year. That was an 8 hour drive - and she almost went nuts! She said never again. I think we're going to try Ocean City, MD. It will be about 3 1/2 to 4 hours, so I think we'll survive. I hope! :crazy: Oh, I hope they won't sing for that long, either. I'll bring the portable DVD player and hope that works.

BTW, I hope you don't feel pressured to have us all over to your room - who knows how big this group will get! I'd just love to see how Category 3 rooms look. We can get together in another space quite easily, I would think.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

cristit14
04-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Stacie, I wasn't trying to pressure you into a party.... ;) Vanessa had one last time since she had upgraded to a 3. Several different Diser's had brought bottles of wine from their home regions and Vanessa had all of the cheese/fruit/dessert trays there (a ton of food). We made it be an adult activitiy (except for her beautiful baby princess). It was a lot of fun and it wasn't really big. Here is a picture of all of us in her room and you can see there were only about 12 or so of us.
http://images.snapfish.com/346773%3A38%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D3264%3E974%3E374%3EWSNR CG%3D32333%3A8995%3C23nu0mrj

dutch_girl_scout
04-08-2006, 09:28 AM
I don't mind if we use our room for a get togehter as long as there isn't a ton of people (the 12/09 cruise thread has something like 50 adults). I wouldv'e loved to see different categories, rooms, last time we cruised (like the sideways inside rooms, and a porthole room) just so I'd know what they looked like. I think it would probably be doable.

cristit14
04-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Wow, it sounds like you guys do some bigger trips with your troops. The farthest we have gone is about an 1-1 1/2 hours into the mountains for a weekend camping trip. And the only times we have done that is either as part of a Unit camping trip or a Rendevouz. We haven't actually done one just our troop yet. I am thinking about one for the fall though. Neither my co-leader or I have done the overnight training for the longer trips. I don't know about where you are, but if we take a trip that is over 150 miles away you have a different training that you have to take. Actually this year is the first year that one of us has done the first aid training too.

We had a good meeting the other night. We did the badge about Healthy relationships and got into a good discussion about peer pressure too.

cristit14
04-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Stacie, for our cruise in Dec we had a lot more people on our meet thread than what showed up at the cruise meets. I think we had something like a total of about 90 people (including kids) on our cruise website, but we pretty much had the same small group of people that got together... ususally 10-20.

kath1210
04-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Wow, it sounds like you guys do some bigger trips with your troops. The farthest we have gone is about an 1-1 1/2 hours into the mountains for a weekend camping trip. And the only times we have done that is either as part of a Unit camping trip or a Rendevouz. We haven't actually done one just our troop yet. I am thinking about one for the fall though. Neither my co-leader or I have done the overnight training for the longer trips. I don't know about where you are, but if we take a trip that is over 150 miles away you have a different training that you have to take. Actually this year is the first year that one of us has done the first aid training too.

Cristi - Our troop may be a bit older than your girls. Ours range from 12 (7th grade) to 16 (10th grade). Plus, the leaders LOVE to travlel.

We have different training requirements. One requirement covers any kind of outdoor trip, and involves learning safety requirements, how to make a fire, etc. The other one is the camping training, which requires going to a nearby GS camp for an entire weekend. I've never had the time to do that one when it's offered.

There are no specific requirements based on whether we do an overnight trip, or whether we go over x number of miles away. Those kinds of trips require service unit approval, though. We do need a first aid trained person for any troop trip, even going to the local mall.

dutch_girl_scout
04-08-2006, 09:09 PM
To take our trip we had to do a two-part trip and travel training. There is a lodge/overnight training for the simple overnights (camping, sleepovers, etc) We try to go camping at least one night in the spring with just our troop and always have a service unit campout in the fall to get things kicked off.

I think we could handle hosting the DIS meet. Just know up front that we're not drinkers, not saying anything about those who do drink, we just choose not to. It will be nice to meet some fellow DISers. I feel like I'm going throughwithdrawl from the other thread, I'm still reading it and posting occasionally but I'm a little bummed that I won't meet everybody though.

cristit14
04-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Kathy, your girls are older. We have 4th graders all of them 10 or getting ready to turn 10. I could see us going more places once they are a little older.

Stacie, it would be fun to have a room dismeet. I would offer to do it, but I don't think very many people would fit in our cat 9. :goodvibes Not, everyone who came to our meet last year was a drinker either. I think they had some pop there too for the non-drinkers.

TammyAlphabet
04-10-2006, 06:44 AM
Hey Guys!

I wish I had a bigger cabin, I would love to host a party, for drinkers and non drinkers too! :banana:

My kids are probably going to miss an entire week of school to go on this cruise. I am a little worried about that, but I guess not really. Since I still plan on going and I saved over 1800 by going a week earlier. :thumbsup2

Will anyone else have children missing school for this cruise?

dutch_girl_scout
04-10-2006, 07:40 AM
Hey Tammy--I thought about you last night. Tennessee was on the news again for tornadoes. Hope everyone is ok.

My kids will be missing at least a week of school, possibly 7 days. When we get back though it will be Christmas break. Last time we cruised we were gone for a week, then the kids went back for 4 days, then Christmas break. I'm a little bit worried about DS, he'll be a freshman and it varies from year to year whether semester tests are before Christmas break or after (the semester ends in January). I'm hoping they go for after break. He's a really good student though so I think it will be ok either way.

We have a contractor coming tonight to talk about adding on/remodling. We have a split level house so we could build above the one level or build onto the back of the house (we'd lose the one big shade tree), or move DS into the basement (need to add an easement window, move the hotwater heater, furnace, etc. All sound expensive and messy. Can I just live on the Magic until they get it done? :rotfl: Guess that wouldn't be cheap either.

I talked to a lady at church yesterday who won a trip to Disney from the local radio station. She is very excited. Her and her husband have 3 little girls who I can just see soaking in all the princess stuff. I told her about the DIS boards and I'm bringing her all my Disney books today. I think I have them memorized anyway.

Well, that's probably enough chatting for right now, I should probably go get my day started. It is beautifully sunny and warm here. I hope everyone has a great day!

lillygator
04-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Stacie - one thing I found out....people are very chatty on the 'net and then when it comes down to it, either they were too busy or too shy to come out on the ship....and my 10 month old was there simply because Flounders was not open that afternoon! :)

kath1210
04-10-2006, 09:08 AM
My kids may be missing 4-5 days of school if they end up at public school in 2007, but they will not be missing school if they stay at their private school. Of course, if they go to public school, it will be a lot easier for us to afford this or a later cruise!

I am not too worried about taking my daughter out - she does well in school. But my son has gotten really lazy lately. He won't do his homework or study,and he lies all the time about it. If he keeps this up, I may leave him home!

Pinkprincessmom
04-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry I've been MIA. My dd had a 3 week break from year round school. I took a part-time, temporary job with a CPA firm in January and I pretty much worked full time hours during her break. She spent one week with my parents, one with DH's parents, and then DH took a week of vacation. I've enjoyed the job, but it's quite a change from being a SAHM. These people really dress up. My sweats and capris just don't cut it!!

Welcome Kathy and Vanessa. I think you've joined since I've been away.

Congratulations Stacie.

Hopefully now that I'm back to only working 5 hours per day, I can be a regular contributor to our thread.

I notice my ticker isn't moving very much. Thankfully, we get a Disney fix the last week of April. My DH had a business trip in Orlando and he's taking us along.

dutch_girl_scout
04-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Pink--glad you had some time to stop by. The end of April is just a couple weeks away! Where are you staying?

I learned last week that an infant doesn't count toward the occupant total at the resorts. We can all 5 still stay at Coronado Springs. I think it might br worth it to get connecting rooms though, or we might just have to go up to a deluxe.

Pinkprincessmom
04-10-2006, 06:57 PM
We're staying off-Disney at The Fountains. It's part of a time share we bought before we ever visited Disney.

That's great that an infant doesn't count for Disney resorts. We have only one now, a 6 year old dd. We're trying to decide about another.

TammyAlphabet
04-10-2006, 09:51 PM
I am not too worried about taking my daughter out - she does well in school. But my son has gotten really lazy lately. He won't do his homework or study,and he lies all the time about it. If he keeps this up, I may leave him home!

This cracked me up. This is my son EXACTLY!! Mine is 14, I hear that some boys do this at this age.

cristit14
04-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Good morning everyone!
Our kids will be missing school too. After the cruise last December I when they missed 8 days, I said never again because the amount of makeup work they had was just insane (2nd and 4th grades). I couldn't pass up this cruise though. They shouldn't have as much work since it will be the week right before Christmas. They will miss at most 5 days and maybe only 3 days. It seems like the last two years (since we have been at this school), they get off that Thursday and Friday before Christmas break officially starts. I hope that happens for the cruise. We won't do the parks before this cruise either. We are going to WDW this August and DH has said that he will be "parked" out after that. He does love the cruise though....

Stacie, that is cool that you know someone who one a cruise.... We qualified with our local radio station last year for one of the repo cruises, but didn't get picked in the end..... :sad2: Oh well.... we did get a few DCL merchandise prizes out of it.... It sounds like all of your choices for the house will be time consuming..... We are thinking about building in the basement. We will probably get someone to draw up plans this year and then work on it a little at a time. We just had to replace our sewer line so that put us back a little$$, so it will probably take us longer to do the basement. Luckily Brad can do most of it himself.....

TammyAlphabet
04-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Well, now that I have a job and know what school district my kids will be in I know how many days they will miss. Three days total if you don't count the last half day that they do the party or whatever. I have started the househunting, mortgage loan qualifying, and I am totally sick of it already. I just want it to be over. Some people hate to car shop, I hate to house shop.

Good luck with all the home repairs and improvements, I know that every house I have owned has had a list of "things I'd like to do" to improve the house. I feel like those people in "The Money Pit".

Come he(double hockey sticks) or high water (famous saying in these here parts) I am cruising..... :teeth:

See you guys later!!

kath1210
04-11-2006, 12:53 PM
This cracked me up. This is my son EXACTLY!! Mine is 14, I hear that some boys do this at this age.

So, what do we do?? Mine is 14, too - in his first year of high school. I tried to tell him that this is the time his grades really start to count. He doesn't care. I have taken his computer time away - he just watches TV. If I take away his TV time, he reads gamer magazines. Arrrgghhh! :crazy:

My sister, whose son is 16 1/2, said she tried everything, but nothing worked. He finally had to decide that he wanted to do better, and he did.

It's frustrating, but I cannot help but try to "motivate" him. (In fact, I did agree to buy him this video game he really wants if he got his grades up, but that didn't work either!)

cristit14
04-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Just had a really funny thing happen on the way home. I was on my way home from running errands and I glanced in my rearview mirror. I had to do a double take because behind me riding a motorcycle was the Easter Bunny. It was pretty funny! :rotfl:

TammyAlphabet
04-11-2006, 04:58 PM
So, what do we do?? Mine is 14, too - in his first year of high school. I tried to tell him that this is the time his grades really start to count. He doesn't care. I have taken his computer time away - he just watches TV. If I take away his TV time, he reads gamer magazines. Arrrgghhh! :crazy:

My sister, whose son is 16 1/2, said she tried everything, but nothing worked. He finally had to decide that he wanted to do better, and he did.

It's frustrating, but I cannot help but try to "motivate" him. (In fact, I did agree to buy him this video game he really wants if he got his grades up, but that didn't work either!)

I hate to laugh, I know it is so frustrating!!! But you are describing my son to a "T"!!!!!! I think on the part of my son, it is partly attention getting. Boy, did it work. My son is starting to come around, a little, a very little, but this has been going on for 3 years so far.

I bet your boy is real smart and can do the work, but he just doesn't want to. This is a bit of a power struggle. Last year I went up to the school, every afternoon, went to every classroom, spoke to each of his teachers to make sure that he did his homework. That helped with the lying, but his grades still weren't stellar. Last report card, I left him to his own devices: 3F's a D and one C.

Now, this time, if he doesn't get his act together, he will fail the eighth grade!! I threatened to start coming up to the school everyday again (I am soooooo embarrassing!!). He has started getting the initials of each instructor indicating that all assignments are in to ward off my return to the afternoon visitations!!

I try to sooth myself by saying that it could be worse!! The good thing is that I think it will pass. :grouphug:

Cristi--An easter bunny on a motorcycle. :rotfl2: My daughter went to the easter egg hunt on Saturday here locally and there was an easter bunny. She was a little scared of the bunny, even though she did get close enough to get some candy! :rotfl:

kath1210
04-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Tammy - You are right - he could easily do the work - that's part of what is so frustrating. :) In fact his grades on the finals are the only thing saving him from failing many of his classes. You did give me a good idea, though. I won't be able to go to school, but I will e-mail his teachers and ask them to let me know when he does not complete an assignment. Maybe that will help.

Thanks!

TammyAlphabet
04-12-2006, 06:57 AM
Tammy - You are right - he could easily do the work - that's part of what is so frustrating. :) In fact his grades on the finals are the only thing saving him from failing many of his classes. You did give me a good idea, though. I won't be able to go to school, but I will e-mail his teachers and ask them to let me know when he does not complete an assignment. Maybe that will help.

Thanks!

I was lucky to be able to do that. It kept him from being able to keep lying about it. I tryed the emailing first and the teachers at my son's school did not respond much of the time until days later, not much help. They are not the best in the world. I hope you have better luck.

Unfortunately, I have decided that this is something that is out of my control and I must leave it up to him to decide what he wants to do. I guess I am a bit of a control freak when it comes to the children and he is rebelling against that. And believe me, it has been quite effective at getting at me with this one. Okay, big hug-- :grouphug: They will eventually grow up and be fine people, this is just a phase, lets hang in there.

dutch_girl_scout
04-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Teenage boys AAAARGH!!!!!! I've been lucky so far but the attitude is definately there. I'm always surprised that he can go from loving adorable boy to "get off my back" in an instant. You can always tell if he cares about something by the way its done, if he doesn't care, he does a half-a-job and calls it good.

We can check his grades online at anytime. The teachers input them directly so that we can see how many points the assignment was worth, how many points he got, and if there was a missing assignment that is indicated. At first the teachers complained that it was more work for them but I think now they like it because the parents are much more informed, and when it gets to the end of the quarter, their grades are already figured. If you talk to other parents maybe there would be enough support to suggest it at a school board meeting or parent/teacher conferences?

I think we're pretty strict, an hour of TV and an hour of computer (unless school related) a day. The computer is the first thing to go whenever we have an issue but like Kathy said, you take one away and he doesn't even seem to mind, he just finds something else to do.

He turns 14 in two weeks and can get his moped license. He thinks its great that he can have freeedom. We keep reminding him that it is a privlege not a right.

The meeting with the contractor went ok. None of the options are cheap and/or easy and he doesn't know if he can get it done by the end of October. We are talking to another one on Saturday.

It is beautiful weather here. High 70's and sun. The dog and I are going for a REALLY long walk. Hope everyone has a good day!! :sunny:

kath1210
04-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks so much, Tammy and Stacie! It feels good just to know I am not alone in this. :goodvibes And, boy, you hit it right on the head with the control issue. He's not a direct fighter (like my DD), but he sure knows how to show me what I cannot control. LOL!

I really do feel much better. :sunny: Thanks again!

P.S. I think our teens seem like they will get along just fine on the cruise. :thumbsup2

Pinkprincessmom
04-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry I don't have any advice about teenage boys...

My dd will miss a week of school this April when we go to Disney for daddy's business trip. Her teachers are giving her some reading and math assignments to take with her. (Did I mention she is in Kindergarten) Her principal excused her time away from school. Don't know if they have an age limit for things like this.

The weather is nice here too. It's supposed to be 88 on Friday.

TammyAlphabet
04-12-2006, 05:28 PM
I am glad that we all have healthy teenage boys, just being teenage boys...At least that is what I tell myself when I get frustrated with the boy. I got a note today from his english teacher with a warning about his current average, which is a low C right now. I hope he doesn't blow it.

I spent several hours at the doctor today. I have an infection in my lower intestines caused by diverticulitis. This took around seven hours, through waiting, bloodwork, waiting, catscan, waiting, then, confirmation of the infection. I am glad that it was an infection and not something worse like a female problem or something like that. I was a little worried, but I am going to be okay. But, the medicine was $200 dollars which was not covered by my husband's medical insurance which will not kick in until May 1st since he just changed jobs. :furious: The great part is that I am going to be fine. Just have to get alot more fiber in my diet to help keep my colon, ahem, tidy. :sunny: (I'm sorry, was that TMI??)

Talk to you guys later.

dutch_girl_scout
04-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Tammy, sounds like you've had a stressful day. I'm glad everything turned out all right.

Kathy, I think your'e right the boys should get along just fine. I'm glad to know too that it's just not me.

DH and DS mowed the yard tonight and swept up the leaf pile that has been sitting in the middle of the yard since September. It looks much better. I've been monkeying around all day with a software program called Smart Draw. I downloaded the trial version, it lets you draw floorplans and has all the furniture and everything. I've come up with a zillion plans for the possible new addition. The trial is only for 6 days. Thank goodness or I'd get some crazy idea about becoming an interior decorator or something. It costs $195.00 to buy the full version. It also has stuff for flow charts, organizational charts, science stuff, anything that you could draw. Does anyone know a cheaper software to do floorplans with? I thought maybe there would be some shareware or something on the Internet but couldn't find anything.

TammyAlphabet
04-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks Stacie, I have had a stressful day and I am kinda too hyped up to sleep. KWIM?

I guess I will have to start eating more veggies and fewer hot fudge sundaes from McDonald's. I am addicted to those stupid things!

dutch_girl_scout
04-13-2006, 07:44 AM
Tammy-are veggies the answer? :rotfl:

I HATE fruit and veggies, I just don't like the texture. I'm a meat and potatoes person. In my book French fries and Ketchup count as two servings of vegtables. I'm really trying though because of baby. I made DH go to the grocery store and by me fruitsicles the other night. They are made with real strawberries and have no sugar. Along with the orange juice I drink every morning and the raisin bran I hope I'm covered on fruit. Now veggies, that's hard, thank goodness it is almost corn season, I love fresh sweet corn (I am in Iowa you know), throw a little bit of lettuce on my Subway sandwich, keep eating potatoes, and I hope I'm good to go. I guess there is a reason they're making choke down those prenatal vitamins.

On my homepage I have the forecast for here and Orlando, today in Iowa its supposed to be 86, in Orlando 80. How weird is that?

TammyAlphabet
04-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Hey Stacie, you really cracked me up on the veggies stuff. That sounds like me. But, I can and do eat veggies, it just that they are more trouble than a quick PBJ and I am incurably lazy. My kids think that vegetables are poisonous! LOL. I am trying to figure out how I am going to eat 20-35 grams of fiber a day!! I feel like that lady in the commercial who gets up, turns off the alarm and starts eating a stalk of broccoli!! I need a plan.

cristit14
04-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Good morning everyone! It is a beautiful day in Colorado... supposed to hit 80 today :cheer2: . I think I will switch to shorts and sit out in the backyard later.

I do like veggies and fruits. I probably don't eat enough of either on though especially fruits... they seem to be a lot of trouble. DD is pretty good about eating veggies and fruits too, but DS is nearly impossible. Veggie wise he will only eat raw carrots (dipped in peanut butter) and corn on the cob (cannont be off the cob because it tastes weird :confused3 ). For fruits sometimes I can get him to eat a banana and raisens. Oh well... he doesn't look malnourished...
I LOVE the fresh fruit on the ship!!!!!!! That is the best pineapple!

Stacie, we actually do have a floorplan software thing. I don't know what it is called and I have only tried to use it one time. It looks pretty cool, but I haven't figured out everything on it yet. PM me your address and I will get Brad to burn a copy and I can send it to you.

dutch_girl_scout
04-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Good moring all! No school today. The kids got up early but let poor old mom and dad sleep. YEAH!!!

DS mows lawns for a "living", I think he's going to have to mow this weekend. Lots of sunshine and a little bit of rain equals long green grass.

Not sure what the rest of us are going to do. There I feel better knowing that we're back on page 1.

TammyAlphabet
04-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Good Good Friday!

I am feeling a little better today so far. The nauseous feeling has started to subside but I am going to take it easy.

Stacie--Are you having any morning sickness? I never really had much of that with my two, but some of my friends had it bad.

It is a beautiful day here to day and my DD wants to go and see the movie "The Wild". It looks like a cute movie.

I like being on the front page too! Maybe other Diser's will find us when they get booked. I am betting that a bunch will book this Christmas.

Have a great day everybody!

cristit14
04-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Tammy, I'm glad you are feeling better.
How are you feeling Stacie? I had terrible morning sickness (all day sickness is more like it) with both of my kids. I went on drugs for it both times and with Rachel I had to do home IV's for a week because I let myself get dehydrated. Hopefully, you still just have the tiredness and not the rest.

I came home early today from work. We were really slow and I had a pounding headache all morning. My head is almost better, but my stomach is bugging me. I just ate something so maybe I will feel better pretty soon.

I'll bet more people will be booking the end of this year or the beginning of next.

kath1210
04-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Hi everyone! It's a beautiful day here in Western Maryland. My kids are getting over strep throat, so they are having a lazy day. I cleaned bathrooms and am doing laundry.

I did my taxes last night, since I knew we would have to pay this year, and the news wasn't quite as bad as I expected. Yay! :Pinkbounc My husband just started as a real estate agent last year and his income is very erratic, so I am not sure how we should handle making periodic payments.

Tammy - I hope you continue to feel better, and Cristi, you too.

Have a Happy Easter weekend, everyone! May the Easter Bunny be good to you all. :goodvibes

dutch_girl_scout
04-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey all--
Thankfully, I'm not feeling sick, just tired. I never really feel like eating a whole lot though, I have to eat small portions and more often. Like when I sit down to eat whatever it is will sound really good but after a few bites it's doesn't taste all that great. With my other two I was constantly nauseous (sp?). I'm taking the prenatal vitamins at night, I think that helps.

DS mowed today, and DD and I made a quick trip to Target to find me something to wear to church tomorrow. I'm not wishing I was bigger, but I'm in between right now.

Kathy-we went to the accountants today to sign our taxes. We've been dreading it. This is the first full year that we have owned our business and we were paying in all year but not near enough. Next year we'll pay in more each quarter and hopefully April will be less painful.

Tammy and Cristi-glad that you guys have a couple days off to rest and feel better.

We haven't figured out what we're doing for Easter yet, either going to my parents here in town or DH mom's who is about 15 minutes away, either way is good because I'm not in charge of cooking.

TammyAlphabet
04-14-2006, 07:35 PM
YIKES!!! I forgot about my state taxes!! Gotta get busy.

Christi and Stacie--get some rest!!

Pinkprincessmom
04-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Rescueing us from page 2. Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend.

Hope everyone and their kids are feeling better soon.

TammyAlphabet
04-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Rescueing us from page 2. Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend.

Hope everyone and their kids are feeling better soon.

Thanks Pink. I really think I might be feeling a little better today. My DD has finally caught up on all the home work that she got behind on at school this week. She really tries but sometimes it is hard for her to stay on task. I guess that is hard at eight.

dutch_girl_scout
04-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Happy Easter Everyone!!

I hope you all get to spend time with loved ones and have a great day.

cristit14
04-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Happy Easter Everyone!

I felt better by Friday evening. I think it was just a headache. My allergies have been bugging me lately.

Yesterday we were supposed to meet Brad's parents at the Elk's lodge annual Easter Egg hunt. We were 10 minutes late and the whole thing was over :( Rachel didn't care, but Jacob was a little disappointed. His parents seemed disappointed. Oh well.... His sister and family was late too so that didn't help. After that we went to his sister's house and had a big lunch.

This afternoon we are going to go up to my parents house to celebrate with them.

TammyAlphabet
04-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Happy Easter!

We have candy! The bad part is that I like candy. We had the big easter egg hunt at church, and thankfully, they put alot of toys in the eggs instead of candy. That will help some.

I miss seeing my family today but since I am sick, I didn't go home.

I hope everyone enjoys your families today, even the DILs. :thumbsup2

dutch_girl_scout
04-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Hey all--Back from Easter dinner and in my recliner. DH's mom came for breakfast at church and then attended church with us, then we went to my parents for lunch. The Easter bunny (my mom) misplaced the eggs that the kids usually go out and hunt for. She found them after lunch but then it started raining! My sister and I just shook our heads, it must be tough to get old. :rotfl:

DH and the kids are going out pretty soon to see if any morel mushrooms have popped up yet. Usually the come out the first week of May or so, but there have been reports of people finding them already because of the warm temperatures. Do they grow where you guys are?

TammyAlphabet
04-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Morning all! Back to the doctor for a checkup after the mess last week, I feel better but the antibiotics are making me sick too. So I don't feel good, I feel better, but not good.

I don't know what a morel mushroom is! Are those the ones that come up in the yard? Can you eat those? I have always been a little leary of mushrooms. :confused3

Have a great day!

dutch_girl_scout
04-17-2006, 11:26 AM
The morel mushrooms grow wild in wooded areas.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/dutch_girl_scout/Morel.jpg
People here go crazy for them. You fix them by dipping them in egg and rolling in cracker crumbs or flour and frying them in lots of butter. I personally don't like them, but I am by far the minority. Mostly it's a guy thing, they brag how many they found and spend every second of free time looking. DD is by far the best hunter in our family though, she spots them all over the place.

Tammy, good luck with your appointment, hope you find some answers.

TammyAlphabet
04-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Wow! Those mushrooms look like they are from outer space!!

The doctor said that I was going to be just fine! But, much more fiber in my diet is necessary. Like raisin bran, whole wheat, and so on. I was quite relieved about it. I have a big disney trip coming up and I need to get busy getting ready for theme park excitement. I am really looking forward to everest. But, I always love the new attractions.

Thanks for the response on the mushrooms. I will keep my eye out the next time I am in the woods.

--Tammy

dutch_girl_scout
04-17-2006, 09:25 PM
I can't eat the mushrooms just because they look disgusting. Not to mention that you have to soak them in salt water to get the bugs and "things" out of them before cooking.

Your fiber sounds like my pregnancy books. Lots of liquid and bran, bran, bran. YUUUUUCK! But I guess it pays off. I need to go buy some cracklin' oat bran cereal, I've eaten an entire box of raisin bran in the last week and I'm getting burnt out on it.

You'll have to tell us all about Expedition Everest, I missed the show on TV the other night, I caught the last 5 minutes.

I'm kind of surprised that nobody is responding to the thread for my April cruise, it's in less than a year!!!! I need to get a ticker made for it.

Cristi--I got the CD in the mail today, I haven't had a chance to check it out, but thanks again!

Have a good night!

TammyAlphabet
04-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Good Morning!

I am looking forward to Everest. I hope that I can convince my 8 year old DD to ride with me. She is scared of it and she doesn't seem to fall for any of the usually reverse psychology stuff I have tried. I know she would love it. Her favorite ride is Big Thunder Mtn. So she would love this fast but not looping coaster. She always gets scared but then when we get to WDW, she rides the first time then wants to do it over and over and over. I plan on bribing her with souveniers. She says that is not going to work. :stir:

I am excited we are having a Cruise meet baby! Thanks for arranging that Stacie! :thumbsup2

See you guys later.

Pinkprincessmom
04-18-2006, 09:12 AM
Hi everyone.

dutch_girl_scout...I don't like mushrooms either, even the ones others prepare. I've never seen the morel mushrooms.

Tammy...and others looking for more fiber in your diets...have you tried Kashi brand cereals? They have lots of fiber. They're pretty good too. We don't have any in our pantry right now though.

I get to ride Expedition Everest this Sunday, 4/23. I'm a bit nervous because I don't like the big hills. You can turn me upside down and spin me all day long, but the hills are hard to take. DH wanted to buy our picture from the Tower of Terror ride in 2004 because I looked horrified. But I wouldn't let him. I love the rides, but the hills and drops really take my breath away.

Have a great Tuesday.

TammyAlphabet
04-18-2006, 11:05 AM
I get to ride Expedition Everest this Sunday, 4/23.

You just have to report back and let us know how it was. I think it will be great. I have read on other threads that it is very smooth ride.

dutch_girl_scout
04-18-2006, 01:09 PM
DH wanted to buy our picture from the Tower of Terror ride in 2004 because I looked horrified. But I wouldn't let him.

I wanted to buy our ToT picture too. It is the only time in my DD11's life that I have ever seen her scared of anything. This is the girl who would jump of the side of the pool since she could stand up, flipped over the handlebars f a three wheeler within 5 minutes of getting on it because she was going WAY too fast, and other similar daredevil things. In that picture she was terrified, absolutely scared out of her mind. I took one look at the picture and laughed Bad, Mom, Bad!), she did not think it was funny. I have to admit that was the one ride I refused to go on again. My DS14 loved it though, he can't wait to go back on it.

I am excited we are having a Cruise meet baby! Thanks for arranging that Stacie!

I'm a little worried about "baby" on this cruise, it will be a little bit over a year old and probably wanting to walk and crawl everywhere, much harder to contain than it will be in April. It will definately make the cruise interesting. I didn't realize until the other day that there is a 10-hour limit on Flounder's, guess that is a Palo dinner, a Palo brunch, and a few other times. I think it will be ok, but it might change which excursions we pick (not sure bringing a baby to the Mayan ruins would be a good idea).

I'll have to check out the Kashi cereal, thanks for the tip.

TammyAlphabet
04-18-2006, 07:32 PM
I have tried the Kashi cereals and they don't taste bad. They did, however, cause certain understandable gastric intestinal distress problems.

dutch_girl_scout
04-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey all--
Today was my first Dr. appointment. He's guessing I'm somewhere around 12 weeks because he could hear the heartbeat. That would put it being born somewhere around the end of October. I'm having an ultrasound on Friday to nail it down a little bit better. He did a little "mini" ultrasound today and we saw it's little feet and the heart beating, I had totally forgotten how exciting it is to be pregnant!! It hasn't really seemed real until now. I"M GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!! AAAAHHHH!!! Sorry, it seems crazy to me.

TammyAlphabet
04-20-2006, 09:05 AM
I think it is so exciting!! I had my second six years after the first, it did seem a little crazy to me too. But in a good way. A little bundle of joy. I am happy for you and your whole family. :sunny:

kath1210
04-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Stacie - Your post brought back wonderful memories and a tear to my eye. My babies are 12 and almost 15 now, but I remember hearing those first heartbeats like it was yesterday. I am happy for you, and we'll look forward to meeting your family, including the newest member in about 20 months!

cristit14
04-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been around for a little bit. It has been a crazy week. Work has been really busy and then Rachel had choir concerts two of the nights. I am exhausted. I just got back from the memorial service for that girl scout friend of mine. And I am trying to figure out what we are doing at our girl scout meeting tonight. I told all the girls to bring their lemme sticks so we will do that for sure and then just hang out and do fun stuff. I am not up for planning anything. I do have to give them all their cookie prizes too.

Stacie, That is very exciting about your ultrasound.....I always loved those (and I work for an infertility doc so when I was pregnant with Rachel I was always sneaking in there for a peek :))

Kathy, I was noticing your 1210 at the end of your name. Is that your b'day? That is my B'day.

Got to run, Jacob's teacher wants to talk to me after school today. Bye

kath1210
04-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Yes, Cristi - That is my birthday! That's wild, huh? I also have a cousin with the same b-day, and my Mom's was December 8. (I guess I was a late present.)

What are lemme sticks?

TammyAlphabet
04-20-2006, 06:43 PM
That's it! We have to have a celebration on board!! Two birthdays. My DD(8) will be turning (gulp!) 10 on December 27th, 2007, just after the cruise. So I think a celebration is in order!

dutch_girl_scout
04-20-2006, 08:02 PM
OK, so for the cruise meet we have on the menu Girl Scout Cookies, and birthday cake! :rotfl2: Sounds good to me!!

Are lemme sticks the things that you hit together and make rythms? We had something like that when I was a campfire girl. What a tough week for your community.

Kathy--thanks for the sweet words. My babies are 11 and 14, it brought back a lot of memories.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

kath1210
04-20-2006, 09:08 PM
That's it! We have to have a celebration on board!! Two birthdays. My DD(8) will be turning (gulp!) 10 on December 27th, 2007, just after the cruise. So I think a celebration is in order!

Wow! My DD(now 12) will be turning 14 (double gulp!) on December 29, 2007! This is certainly turning into a birthday (and Girl Scout) cruise!

Let's think of more things to celebrate!

TammyAlphabet
04-20-2006, 09:42 PM
We are cruising!! Let the celebration begin!! party:

cristit14
04-21-2006, 08:13 AM
DD turns 12 a little over a month before the cruise and DH turns 40 in November too. We also will hit our 15th wedding anniversary in 07, but it is in the summer.
:cool1:

Lemme sticks are these sticks you hit with a partner and a song goes along with it. We made some at unit camp last summer to look like a totem pole and then taught all of the girls how to do them. Here is a picture
http://images.snapfish.com/346885%3B5%3B%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2355%3D%3A65%3D465%3DX ROQDF%3E2323%3B%3B7%3C44549ot1lsi

dutch_girl_scout
04-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Everyone must have been busy today. We just got home from the Girl Scout year end ceremony. I'm glad that's over. I hate talking and being in front of large groups of people. We have nothing planned for this weekend. YEAH!!!! Hope everyone has a good weekend.

cristit14
04-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Last night I met up with some Colorado Diser's at Armadillos for dinner. It was a lot of fun! We have been talking on another thread for awhile now and had never met. And we all live probably with about 15miles of each other. Three of us are probably within about 5 miles of each other. It is funny because we are always talking about being in the same stores on the same days and we never have run into each other.

Today, I am taking DS to his Cub Scout field trip to a nature center and then I have to clean house because some friends are coming over for dinner. Tomorrow I plan on doing nothing!

TammyAlphabet
04-22-2006, 10:55 AM
I think that is fun! Meeting with Disers. I have been busy, I am going house hunting next week and I am going through all the listing that the broker has been sending me. This is a bit of a job! He sent a bunch. Next week will be really busy for me so I guess I will be posting less on the boards. :sad2:

Have a great weekend everybody!

dutch_girl_scout
04-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Hope everyone had a great weekend. It is another beautiful sunny day in Central Iowa. Our town is gearing up for our annual Tulip Festival. It is a Thursday, Friday, Satuday festival that draws thousands of people. It is to celebrate our Dutch heritage, we all run around in our Dutch costumes and wooden shoes. The kids only go to school in the morning, there are two parades each day, and more food stands than you could ever eat at. My favorite place is the oriental food stand. One of the families in town makes homemade eggrollls, ragoons, and terryaki beef skewers. I hope baby likes it (no heartburn)! Here's the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.pellatuliptime.com/

Hope everyone has a great day!

cristit14
04-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Stacie, the tulip festival sounds neat. I took a quick glance at the website. It looks like there is a lot to do.

It is freezing here ( okay not exactly freezing I think it is up to 38 degrees now). We had a beautiful weekend of close to 80 degrees and then last night it started snowing..... Only in Colorado......

Last night our Girl Scout council had its Volunteer recognition event. Up until this year it has always been a dinner, but this year they changed it to a cake and punch event. :( The spring Delegate meeting was right before the event so I was there for the meeting and then stayed for the event (I did get an award too). They had a good entertainer there this year. Her name is Teresa and she sings a lot of "girls can do anything" songs. It was pretty good. She has written a couple of songs about being a girl scout. I bought two of her CDs and a t-shirt for Rachel.

dutch_girl_scout
04-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Cristi--Congrats on the award!! Our annual GS meeting is tonight, I'm not going because it is DS's 14th Birthday today and he has his last vocal concert of the year in about a half hour.

Your weather sounds like ours. The mushroom hunters hit the jackpot on Sunday (sunny and high 70s) today high of 50, 30 tonight. It's what the tulips need though, most have already popped, cold, wet weather will help them last another week.

Well, better go to the concert, check in with everyone later.

TammyAlphabet
04-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Congrats on the award Christi! I think girl scout leaders are really selfless people. It take alot of work and time. I am sure that you deserve it.

Hope the baby is doing well and can withstand the spicy foods! Ha. Or you can stand the side effects. It sounds like a lot of fun.

No luck so far on the house hunting, the ones we like are sooo expensive and the financing is hard because we are going in with very little money. But we hate renting, then moving again. It would be hard if we had to change school districts. We have alot to think about.

I will check in later! Be well!

dutch_girl_scout
04-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Tammy--House Hunters on HGTV is one of my favorite shows, hopefully your perfect house is out there just waiting for you to find it.

In Iowa kids can get their learner's driving permit when they turn 14. I called the DOT to see when DS could take his test, they stop testing at 3:30. So I either need to pull him out of school (the licensing station is 20 minutes away)or bring him to Des Moines on a Saturday. Next week is the last week he has track, so it's looking like Wednesday is the only day that will work (Tulip Time is Thurs-Fri-Sat). He starts driver's ed in June, he needs to practice driving a little bit before then, I'd hate to send him without any driving experience, I don't think the teacher would appreciate that!

Hope everyone has a good day. It's nice and sunny here today. Pup and I will be going for a walk.

cristit14
04-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Tammy, hope you have better luck with the house hunting. We have decided that we are living in this house forever. We hate moving. ;) House hunting is stressful. When we put our first house on the market we had a contract on it in 3 days. The really stressful thing was that we had a vacation planned a week after the house went on the market and we were going to be gone for about 10 or 11 days. That made for some fast looking. We put a contract on one the day before we left on vacation, but it wasn't accepted and we didn't want to pay the amount they wanted for the amount of work we would have had to put in on the house. When we got back from vacation we spent an entire weekend looking at probably 20 houses. Put a bid in on another one and didn't get it (thank goodness, I don't know what we were thinking when we put the bid in on that one :confused3 ). Then we went down our list and said we wanted to look at this "C" house ( we had rated them A, B, C....) and fell in love with it. :love: Really the only downfall is that we back up to a somewhat busy street, but we are sitting on 1/2 an acre so it doesn't bother us that much. 1/2 acre may not sound like much to you, but here in the city it is a huge yard!

TammyAlphabet
04-28-2006, 08:06 AM
I think house hunting is awful too! But, moving is the worst. It is overwhelming me all I have to accomplish. I think we have picked one that we like and are trying to work out the financing. I guess I should keep my fingers crossed.

Have a great day everyone!!

dutch_girl_scout
04-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Hope everyone is doing well. It seems like forever since I've posted.

Yesterday was crazy!! I spent a lot of time on the phone with Delta. The airline prices came out for our cruise in March. I rolled over our tickets for a small fee. It wasn't as bad as I had thought considering we're traveling during our spring break week. The biggest headache I had was trying to buy a seat for baby. Since 9/11 the airlines require names on tickets, that's hard when the baby isn't born yet!! Everyone kept asking why I wanted to buy a seat or why I couldn't buy it after baby was born. I want a seat because the baby will still need to be in an infant carrier and I'd rather have it on the plane with us, in a seat, then in the cargo part thrown around with everything else. Plus one leg of the flight is on a REALLY small plane (a 40-seater) and I didn't want to hold a wiggly baby while sitting next to someone and I'm pretty sure that flight will be sold out in October when baby is born. I finally got a supervisor that understood what I was trying to do and sold the ticket to Baby OurLastName and said to call when it was born, and since we'd have a passport for baby when we travel it wouldn't be a problem. Please tell me I'm not nuts and that I'm being totally reasonable. WHEW!!!! What a process!!

After all that we had a Girl Scout meeting. Today I was gone ALL day for first aid/CPR training. It wasn't all that bad, not sure I'm ready to save anybody's life but I definately learned a lot. I think I need to invest in a cheat sheet for my first aid kit though, there is a lot to remember. Cristi, if you have another "accident" on this cruise I'll be ready for you!! :rotfl:

DD is babysitting for the first time tonight for two little neighbor girls. She won't get home until midnight. She hasn't ever stayed out that late, she has been WAY excited all week (and spending her money before she has it).

DS is at a Jr.High dance, his buddy is going to spend the night tonight. He's excited because we brought home his car today. He saved all of his mowing money for a down payment, then he's paying us the rest on the installment plan. He was mad when we dropped him off because not many kids were in the parking lot to see his car. He wanted to ride around and make an entrance. I offered to drive through the parking lot midway through the dance while laying on the horn, he didn't think that would be very cool, go figure. :confused3

Tammy I hope your house deal goes through, and you feel like things are coming together, I'm sure it's a stressful time.

Well, I've probably bored you all silly and gone over the maximum allowable post space so I'll say good night.

TammyAlphabet
04-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Stacie, thanks for the good vibes on the house deal, we should know something or another next week.

You cracked me up with the car horn comment, I am sure my son would react the same way.

I have started packing. What a pain in the rear. I have so much junk. I am pretty disorganized for an accounting person. I have to get in gear and get my act together.

I am glad that Baby is going to have a seat on the plan. It's a wonder that it is so hard to do given that this is probably quite common. They should have a plan for doing this in place.

Got to get ready for church soon. You guys have a great day!

cristit14
04-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Sounds like it took a lot to get the baby added on Stacie. I'm glad that it worked out.
Doing the first aid/cpr does take a long time. I didn't actually do the first aid part, my co-leader did, but I have done the cpr before. I will stick close to you on the cruise.... just in case.... :rotfl:
Wow, babysitting for the first time, that is exciting. Rachel is already talking about how when she turns 12 maybe she can babysit for our nextdoor neighbors and maybe for her cousin too. She has started earning money this year by cleaning up the yard after the dog. DH said she can have $5 every time she cleans the yard. I had to make sure she knew that was a maximum of once a week. I can just see her now following the dog around with a scooper. :lmao:

We have had an interesting couple of days. Friday I get a call at work from our Disney credit card company. Apparently, there had been some fraudulent activity on it. It was just one item and only for $1.38, but it became a compromised account and they had to close it. That is the only card we use and we are very dependent on it. We use it for everything(and then pay it off every month). It has been interesting this weekend without any "money" ;)

I have my fingers crossed for you Tammy. I hope the house works out! pixiedust:

Pinkprincessmom
04-30-2006, 11:52 AM
We're back from our "business" trip to Orlando. The week flew by. I'm exhausted today. I also had an allergic reaction to sunscreen. My face and ears are a mess...

Luckily we did Animal Kingdom the first day. Expidition Everest was great. It seems that everyone in the park was there to ride that ride. Everything else had no lines. How much do you want to know? There is a bit of an unexpected surprise on the ride... The Rockin Roller Coaster at MGM is still my favorite.

We bought 10 day non-expiring passes. I think we're going to try and go back in January and then do a couple of days after our cruise.

So let me know how much you want to know about the ride and I'll give my report...

Queen2
04-30-2006, 01:46 PM
just got off the Magic yesterday & booked December 15th on board. I started reading the first post, read about 10, still trying to unwind. Saw someone has a birthday on Dec 10th. That is mine & my twin's birthday also.
Wanted to go on my birthday, wrong direction. Want to do the Western again. Will be going with a young friend. We were on the April 14th Wonder in 2005.

Now I have to remember how to do the count down clock again.

TammyAlphabet
04-30-2006, 02:13 PM
Welcome to Sharon! Glad you are joining us!

Pink, sorry about the allergic reaction, that must be irritating. But I am glad there are some twists to Everest, they have showed so much on TV, I was afraid it wouldn't be as much fun.

To everyone, thanks for the good wishes on the house hunting. Christi, a yard with half acre is huge down here too, unless you live on a farm. In a subdivision, only the most expensive houses have large yards. Or in old subdivision, where the yards were bigger.

cristit14
04-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Sharon, Welcome!!!
Pink glad you had fun at WDW, sorry about the reaction.
Tammy, we live in an older subdivision (1970's). We rented a power rake today to de-thatch the yard and then had to get all of the dead grass picked up. I think there are 14 or 15 bags of dead grass out there. I am exhausted. Our riding mower of course quit working today so we used the push mower. I did most of the getting up of the grass (DH did the power raking and then was trying to fix the sprinkler system). Apparently, there is a lever on the push mower to make it self-propelled. DH was kind enough to point that out to me when I was almost done with the yard. :sad2: Did I mention that I am exhausted and starting to get sore in muscles I didn't know that I had.

I am trying to decide how much trouble DD is in now. One of her friends came over this afternoon and she asked me if they could ride to their school. I told her no, but they could ride up to the park for awhile. I left to go to the grocery store and saw her at the park and she was riding without her helmet. She saw me and jumped off of her bike and ducked behind a building. I haven't yelled at her yet, I think I will wait until her friends leave. But I am seeing her not getting to go to the park by herself for quite awhile.

kath1210
04-30-2006, 07:05 PM
just got off the Magic yesterday & booked December 15th on board. I started reading the first post, read about 10, still trying to unwind. Saw someone has a birthday on Dec 10th. That is mine & my twin's birthday also.
Wanted to go on my birthday, wrong direction. Want to do the Western again. Will be going with a young friend. We were on the April 14th Wonder in 2005.

Now I have to remember how to do the count down clock again.

Hi Sharon! :wave: Glad you will be joining us!

My birthday is December 10 and so is Cristi's! Some of us also have kids with December birthdays. We'll have to have a little early/late birthday celebration onboard!

How was your recent cruise? My husband and I just took a 5-night cruise on NCL to Bermuda. It was a lot of fun, but not as good as DCL, IMHO. I think my kids would have been bored on the cruise, but it was great for us! We met a lot of nice people, and the staff was excellent! We had a wild ride back home - spent about 30 hours in a Nor'easter with almost-hurricane force winds and high waves.

Back to work - and reality - tomorrow. Oh well..... ;)

dutch_girl_scout
05-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Welcome Sharon!! Glad you'll be cruising with us. Sounds like there will be lots of birthdays to celebrate. When you recover a little bit you'll have to tell us all about the ports you visited and the excursions you did.
It has been raining here since Friday at 3:00, the sun is supposed to shine again somethime this week. Our back yard looks like a marshy grassland. DH built the fence for the dog but has only put in one gate which is not big enough for the riding lawn mower to fit through. That means he needs to push mow it, but it needs to be dry again first.

Cristi--I'm sure you were very upset when you swa your DD without her helmet. Independence is a tricky thing.

Pink--I'm so glad that you got to ride EE!! We were going to do the Breakfast-O-Saurus thing in AK the morning we left for our curise in March and then ride EE. But I'm thinking we might go to AK the first day that we get to WDW because I want to ride it really badly. I need to figure out how this baby swap thing works. Sorry about your reaction, have you been sensitive before?

I was looking at the Dining Plan stuff yesterday, have any of you ever used it? I'm thinking that it would be a good value for us especially considering how much food DS can eat. Having everything paid for ahead of time, even the tip, sounds like a great idea.

Hope everyone has a great day, if the rain holds off, DS has his last track meet this afternoon. YEAH!!!

TammyAlphabet
05-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Okay! We are making an offer on a house. It is not our first choice, but that house wouldn't appraise out for enough, so we are going for the second one, which will appraise for a bit more. It is not exactly what I wanted, but it is a nice house.

Pinkprincessmom
05-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Welcome Sharon.

Good luck Tammy. We just moved a little over a year ago. I hope to never do it again.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

cristit14
05-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Okay! We are making an offer on a house. It is not our first choice, but that house wouldn't appraise out for enough, so we are going for the second one, which will appraise for a bit more. It is not exactly what I wanted, but it is a nice house.

I hope you get the house Tammy! Sometimes getting the second choice turns out to be a blessing in disguise. We put offers in on two other houses before we got this one and now I am really glad that we didn't get either one of the other houses. This has been a great house even with the work we have had to put into it. The neighborhood has been great too, at least up until this weekend when we had shouting matches across the street and the sherrif do a drive by, but that is another story..... :rolleyes:

dutch_girl_scout
05-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Tammy, good luck, I'm sure you'll get the house that's meant to be.

Cristi--Sounds like an interesting weekend in your neighborhood.

When we moved six years ago we had a house picked out that we were going to bid on it, we asked my parents to look at it with us (they live in the same town I do). They informed us that they were going to downsize to a duplex and that we could move into their house, the one I grew up in. Needless to say, we never looked at the other house again. We are three miles out of town, but have city utilities, and a bike trail that goes into town going through our front yard. At the bottom of our road is the Des Moines River and a huge campground, up the road is Iowa's largest lake. Although the house has needed a lot of work, we've never regretted moving here. Pink--I agreee with you, it's going to be a long time before we move. We didn't even consider it when we found out about baby.

I got new tickers today. YEAH!! The only problem was, it wouldn't let me put a very long description, I don't remember how I did it last time.

It's finally a gourgeous day here, sunny and 80. Rain again tomorrow, then perfect weather for Tulip Time, highs in the mid 60's lows in the upper 40's, shouldn't be too many senior citizens passing out from heat exhaustion. :)

TammyAlphabet
05-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Bad news today. The mortgage loan guy we were working with can't get us the type of financing that we need or even a decent rate! But, I am going to try for another lender, maybe I will have more luck. If not, we will have to come up with some temporary housing while we stockpile more cash for a downpayment.

cristit14
05-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Oh, no, Tammy. I hope another lender can help you out with what you need. :grouphug:
I bought our plane tickets into Nashville today. We fly in on July 7th. Originally, we were driving right up to my grandmothers house, but I just heard from my other side of the family and they are talking about having a big family reunion in July in Ridgetop. I got ahold of the person planning it to see when and to let her know that we would be in town the beginning of the month and she said that she would see what she could do about changing the weekend to the one we will be there. That would be fun! I haven't seen a lot of those cousins since I was a kid. If they have the reunion on that weekend we will stay in the area for the weekend and then drive to my grandmother's in Kentucky Sunday night or Monday morning, then on probably Thursday drive down to Montgomery for my HS reunion. :moped:

Yeah, Stacie, it was a very interesting weekend around here. I hope the summer is better. It had to do with a couple of ATV's and racing up and down our street. I hope they get caught and in trouble from the sherriff. I am sick of hearing the ATV's, pocket rockets, pellet guns and the air horns from over there. It makes my blood boil :furious: ATV's don't have any business in the city, they belong out in the country. The kids that were racing them decided to get back at the people who called the cops, by going out around 10:30 Sat night with their air horns. I never actually heard it since we were watching King Kong and it was really loud.

dutch_girl_scout
05-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Good Morning and Happy Tulip Time!!!! :flower1: (not a tulip, but close)

It is a gorgeous day here, sunny high in the mid-60's lows in the mid 40's beautiful weather for the next three days. If you can't tell, it's a big deal here, it's like a three day vacation. The oriental food stand was open last night, the bad news is the shiskabobs aren't going to work this year (heavy on the garlic) but the crab ragoon and rice tasted awesome!!

I'm heading into town in a little bit to bring funnel cakes to the hospital pharmacy where I used to work. It is a tradition to eat them for "coffeetime" on the first day of Tulip Time, the difference now is they have to work and I don't so I'm the gopher.

Hope everyone has a good day, I'll try to post a picture later of DD in her Dutch costume.

Queen2
05-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Well haven't been on the boards much. Came home with MEGA head cold, can't breathe. Sleeping most of the time. Just wanted to say hello. :goodvibes

Did take a minute to add new count down calendar

dutch_girl_scout
05-04-2006, 06:18 PM
We're back from the afternoon parade, getting ready for the night parade. It has been a perfect day, funnel cake this morning, grater tator for snack (sprial cut potato, deep fat fried), some form of junk for supper. Here are a couple pics from this afternoon:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/dutch_girl_scout/DutchKate.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/dutch_girl_scout/DancingKate.jpg

5th-grade through adults dutch dance in their wooden shoes before the parades in front of the grandstands that line one side of our town square. To dance there needs to be a boy and a girl but not many boys want to do it so girls dress and dance the boys part too. The second pic is of her in action.

Hope everyone had a great day! Queen, hope you feel better soon!

Queen2
05-04-2006, 07:06 PM
nice pictures :thumbsup2

cristit14
05-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Great pics Stacie! Looks like a lot of fun!

Queen, hope you are feeling better!

Tammy, any news on the house yet?

Hope everyone has a fun weekend planned. We don't have much going on. I need to get DS's party invitations made up and sent out. I am also planning a unit camping trip for the first weekend in June, so I need to work on that some more. I just can't get anyone to give me numbers. They have until our next leader meeting (Tuesday) and that is it. THey also have to get me money by then.

dutch_girl_scout
05-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Hey all, just checking in. We went up town for breakfast this morning, now we're home for lunch before going back in. We're working the parking lot at the elementary school this afternoon, it's a great fundraiser, $5.00 a car. The money goes to PTO to pay for playground stuff and class field trips. We're definately getting tired, four parades down, two to go. This afternoon the Girl Scouts are in the parade and tonight DS marches with the band. Yesterday was cold, it barely reached 60, last night we wore hats, mittens, and winter coats. Today is fabulous, nothing but sun and a high of 68.

TammyAlphabet
05-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Well, we got the contract in the mail for the offer on the house and I was not happy. The price was different than I was expecting and there were a couple of provisions that are different than I am willing to agree to. So, I am not moving forward right now. As a matter of fact, I want to see some more properties now. I think we can find something a little bigger for our family with a bit more yard and privacy. So I think another trip is in order.

Hope everyone enjoys a sunny weekend!

Tammy

kath1210
05-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Sorry to hear that, Tammy. My DH and I looked at SO many houses when we moved here that I swear I never want to move again. And, he's now a real estate agent, so we go through the agony with so many of his clients. It's always such a great feeling when they find the house they really want and get it! I'm sending lots of pixie dust and prayers your way to find that right house! :wizard:

Queen2
05-06-2006, 06:28 PM
kath1210
I want to go on your girls trip I wanta, I wanta :yay: :yay: :yay:
Oh we are neighbors :thumbsup2

I'm swear I'm never ever moving again :rolleyes: . My next move will be Delaware Veterans Cemetary (hubby is National Guard Retired)

Tammy good luck looking for a new place. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Feeling a little better today, I least I can breathe today ;) . Was forced out of the house today, had to take DS to Special Olympics swim practice, he had to be there at 9:00am. It is about a 20 minute ride in good traffic, 45 in my worst nightmare. :rolleyes:

kath1210
05-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey Queen - Glad you're feeling better. You're welcome to come along on the Girls Trip! We're staying at POFQ and my DD12 is bringing her best friend, who is also 12. I thought POFQ seemed kinda girl-y and we haven't stayed there before. We plan to spend a lot of time at the WS, enjoying the F&W Festival (well, not the wine part :) ). We've never been able to really look at everything in all of the countries. Good luck to your DS in his competition!

Everyone - If you would like to take a look at our Bermuda cruise pictures (NCL), here is the link.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=zzymafc.x4pcg30&x=0&h=1&y=dcg1ji

Have a good week!

Queen2
05-07-2006, 04:25 PM
double post

Queen2
05-07-2006, 04:29 PM
You will love POFQ. We stayed they night before our cruise, it was great, wish I had spent a few nights there. The girls will love the pool.
They have a nice boat ride to DTD, & of course back. You catch the boat in back of the pool & takes you to the back of The Rain Forrest.

I wish I could go with all the more
Here are some pix for you

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/smreusch/Dscn3154.jpg
Ds coming down slide

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/smreusch/Dscn3148.jpg

In the pool area

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/smreusch/Dscn3155.jpg

The slide

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/smreusch/Dscn3105.jpg

In the food court

cristit14
05-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Great pics Kathy! Thanks for sharing! That was a no kids trip right? I want a no kids trip...... ;)

dutch_girl_scout
05-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Queen--The Special Olympics USA National Games are going to be in Iowa this summer, is that something your DS is participating in? There has been lots of advertising for volunteers for the games. They will be held in Ames, the home of Iowa State University, it is a beautiful campus and about a half-hour away from Des Moines.

Kathy--Thanks for sharing your pictures. Which ship were you on? Did you dock one place and stay there or visit several ports? It makes me want to cruise again.

Neither of my tickers have budged (not even a little!!) I think the stork is stuck!

TammyAlphabet
05-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanks for all the pixie dust and the Bermuda photos! I wonder what category of cabin that was, it was really nice!! Looks like you had some rough seas.

Tomorrow is Monday!! Ughh!

dutch_girl_scout
05-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Tammy--It is Monday, but your ticker says you have less than 2 weeks before the Flower and Garden Show (F&G?). What is SWW?

Queen2
05-08-2006, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE=dutch_girl_scout]Queen--The Special Olympics USA National Games are going to be in Iowa this summer, is that something your DS is participating in? There has been lots of advertising for volunteers for the games. They will be held in Ames, the home of Iowa State University, it is a beautiful campus and about a half-hour away from Des Moines.

My son wasn't selected, others from Delaware are going. We know a few of them. This is the first time they have had Nationals. It is to get ready for Internationals in a year.I think they are going to be in China
Ricky has been to 2 Internationals both in the states. 1991 Minn. 1999NC.
If you get a chance to Volunteers go for it, you will never regret doing it.
Thanks for asking :thumbsup2

kath1210
05-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Queen - Thanks for the great pictures of POFQ. It looks great! My DD12 loves the idea of sliding down the dragon's tongue!

Cristi - Yes, it was a no kids trip. It was the first vacation we've taken alone in 16 years, and I highly recommend it!

Stacie - You made me laugh - the stork is stuck :rotfl2: ! We were on the Norwegian Crown, and it was a quick trip to the St. Georges port only. We docked at about 2 p.m. and then left the next day around noon. I definitely want to go back.

Tammy - Our cabin was called an AC Suite. It was 290 square feet, with tons of storage space, a separate seating area, bay window, and refrigerator. I think I still like the DCL staterooms better - they seem more cozy and warm. The seas were VERY rough. We had almost-hurricane force winds and 20 foot waves. Lots of dishes and whole trays of food ended up on the floor. People were having a lot of trouble walking. But we survived and did not get even a little bit sick! I feel empowered now - I am no longer afraid of getting seasick, although I know the weather could have been worse.

TammyAlphabet
05-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Tammy--It is Monday, but your ticker says you have less than 2 weeks before the Flower and Garden Show (F&G?). What is SWW?

I guess that is my short hand for Star Wars Weekend. We are leaving on the 21st and staying until the 2nd of June. I am going to relax by the pool and veg out and eat dinner out every night!! And ride EE!

cristit14
05-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Neither of my tickers have budged (not even a little!!) I think the stork is stuck!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: That is funny!

Kathy, we have managed one no kids trip so far. For our 10th anniversary my folks watched them and we went to Williamsburg. It was a great trip! Maybe next year for our 15th I can talk my folks into watching them again. One can dream.... :cloud9:

Tammy, any more on the house hunt? Have a great trip to WDW! I can't wait to ride EE!

Queen, I have never volunteered for it, but I know that my dad has a couple of times. He had a really good time with it.

TammyAlphabet
05-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks everyone for the good wishes.

I was having pain in my tooth and went to the dentist this morning and I have broken a molar!! I have to get a crown. I couldn't believe it. Does this mean that I need more calcium? I am falling apart. :lmao:

Tammy

cristit14
05-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Oh no, Tammy. I had to get a crown after I was pregnant with DD. Then a few years later, DH had to get 3 crowns in a period of about 18months. :scared1:
I think maybe the dentist just need a new car or something. ;)

Pinkprincessmom
05-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Hi Tammy...sorry about the crown. I never had a cavity until my first pregnancy. I think the babies get all they need and leave us with the rest. Sometimes it's not enough.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Queen2
05-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Tammy sorry about your crown :(

Went to DR yesterday wasn't feeling that great, have broncits(Sp?) Put me on an antibotic hope it helps. The head cold moved to my chest.

hope to get 500 pictures back tomorrow that I took on April 22-29 cruise. It was cheaper to do 2 day then one hour :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Have a good evening :sunny:

dutch_girl_scout
05-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Kathy, we have managed one no kids trip so far. For our 10th anniversary my folks watched them and we went to Williamsburg. It was a great trip! Maybe next year for our 15th I can talk my folks into watching them again. One can dream.... :cloud9:

Be VERY careful about what you plan for your 15th. It will be my 15th anniversary at the end of October, we had planned a Royal Caribbean cruise, WITH NO KIDS. Now for my anniversary I'm getting a baby!!! :confused3 Not quite the same thing!

Tammy--Your not falling apart, just earning a vacation??
Queen2--Can't wait to see your pictures, hopefully it will make the time pass quicker. Sounds like you could have your own picture of the day thread.

Queen2
05-10-2006, 12:07 PM
I think I post one every few days on Picture of the day :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:
I love taken pictures, been through 4 didgital cameras in 6 years :rolleyes:

TammyAlphabet
05-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes. I will get my temp crown in the morning. It is going to be so weird! I hate dental work. Oh well, I guess I will learn to live with it.

The house hunting is at a stand still. We have to go back and look some more after I get back from vacation.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

cristit14
05-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Be VERY careful about what you plan for your 15th. It will be my 15th anniversary at the end of October, we had planned a Royal Caribbean cruise, WITH NO KIDS. Now for my anniversary I'm getting a baby!!! :confused3 Not quite the same thing!

Don't think there will be any babies on our homefront. We took care of that little situation last fall. ;)

dutch_girl_scout
05-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Hey all--Getting us off of page 2.
Sharon--I've seen your pics on the pic-of-the-day thread and been enjoying them.
Tammy--Hope you surrvived the dentist. I was emotionally traumatized by my childhood dentist and have a phobia about going.

It's too windy here (40+ mph winds) to have the VBS (bible school) carnival tonight. :cool1: :banana: I know that I should be dissapointed but I have had something every night this week and two things for tonight. I'm glad one got cancelled, although I'll regret it Saturday morning (the make-up date).

Talk to you all later!

TammyAlphabet
05-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Well, I survived the dentist. But my new "tooth" still hurts. They told me it would be sore for a while. And it is. I think I must have been traumatized too because I hate to get my teeth worked on.

My dentist knows that I am a big baby and he is very careful with me. He is very nice and I am going to miss him terribly when I move. I gripped the chair handles with a death grip the whole time!!! ;)

dutch_girl_scout
05-12-2006, 07:34 AM
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I still can't feel my toes! They had the carnival anyways last night. It was soooo cold. I came home and turned my electric blanket on 20 and slept with my socks on and I haven't gotten warm yet. The sun is out today but still 30mph winds. The high temp is supposed to be 56 but it feels like 36 right now. I think I'll have some hot chocolate.

Tammy--I'm so glad that you're done, hopefully you can eat jello and soup this weekend and it will heal quickly.

Queen2
05-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Stacie , hope you warmed up. Sounds like you are having a great time.

Was felling better yesterday, so decided to go to adult girl scouts(Senior center, no not that old.On the early side of joinong a SC ). It was scrapbooking day. I didn't get anything done, everyone wanted to see all the pro photos I bought.

As I was brushing my teeth, I guess toothbrush went one way & I must have I turned the wrong way & swisted my lower back. :teeth: Had to call DR for musle relaxer & pain medication.

I have adult girl scouts again on Monday, so hope I feel better.

TammyAlphabet
05-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi all! What a weekend! I ended up in the Dentist chair again yesterday morning. This "tooth" kept hurting and I called them to help me. I went in (the office was closed) and a very nice lady came a fixed the botch job that the other lady did on my tooth. It is so much better. I hugged her when I left!!

My mom was here with my brother for the graduation and I was happy to see them but they went right back home. :sad2:

I have six more sleeps til vacation! Woo hoo!!

Talk later....

kath1210
05-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey, Tammy, I'm glad you got your tooth fixed and are feeling better!

Just curious when everyone's next trip to WDW is? We're going August 26-September 2 for free dining. Staying at WL for the first time!

Have a great week everyone!

Queen2
05-14-2006, 09:51 PM
You will love WL. it is a neat hotel. There is a nice family resturant, & a real fancy resturant, plus a small food court.

I'm going to Florida the 20th a friend has a time share in Orlando. We may go to one park one day.

Hope all the Mothers had a gret Mothers Day :cheer2:

TammyAlphabet
05-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Well my ticker says five more days! I dancing! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

dutch_girl_scout
05-16-2006, 08:13 AM
Hello all! I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. It seems like forever since I posted. Hope everyone had a great mother's day.

Tammy-I'm glad your tooth got fixed the right way this time and am so excited for you that your going to WDW in less than a week!! :cool1:

Sharon--Didn't you just get back from WDW and your going again in 20 days? Oh well, I can live through you guys.

Kathy--Our next trip isn't until March. Our cruise leaves 9 months from tomorrow! As long as baby is born by December 23rd or something crazy like that we'll be on it.

I go back to the Dr. tomorrow. I've been having trouble getting comfortable and sleeping. Last night I had a dream that at my Dr's visit he pushed on my stomach and said "there's the problem, the baby is laying sideways!"
:rotfl2: It sure feels like it is laying sideways (front to back instead of up and down) about 1am every morning. I think we've decided to find out what it is so that shopping will be a litter easier. We didn't find out with the other two, so I figure finding out with this one is ok. Plus, that way I can still pick up an gender appropriate swimsuit while it's still summer. :sunny:

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Queen2
05-16-2006, 10:28 AM
dutch_girl_scout,
Just got home April 29, from the Magic. Going to friends, time share May 20. I'm not real excited about going, it sometimes get stressful. With friend & daughter, sometimes the daughter wants to win the battle.
We may go to the Magic Kingdom one day, I'll be going on a shoe string budget. Spent all my money on the Magic in Shutters :rolleyes:

We are taking some scrapbooking, may get some of that done.

I haven't read this whole thread yet, So now I have to go back & catch -up.

Sure hope baby comes by Dec 23 :cheer2:

Tammy have fun on your trip :banana:

TammyAlphabet
05-16-2006, 07:27 PM
The crown fell off my tooth again!! But the dentist glued it back in. I hope it stays in while I am at disney.

cristit14
05-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Just popping in really quickly. I have been really busy. Between work, school stuff with the kids and Girl scouts the month is flying by. I got to spend the last two days out in the sun for the kids field days :sunny: :sunny: It was really hot, not as bad as last year, but there were no clouds at all (well okay today we did have cloud cover for about 15 minutes). There is VERY limited shade around the school too.

Tammy, I hope you get that crown in for good this time!

Stacie, Hope the baby is here before Dec 23rd!

Kathy, we are going to WDW August 5th-12th. HOT!!!!!! Oh well, it will be fun. We are going with my brother, his family and my parents. I hope to have some nice pool time during the days.....

TammyAlphabet
05-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Drum roll please............................................ ..................................

We made an offer on a house and it was accepted!! We are officially house poor. :teeth:

I am excited and nervous. We were preapproved but I think I will have to get some stuff together for the lender besides what he already has.

OT: The dentist used some serious glue this time. If it comes out again, I am going to get some super glue. :rolleyes:

We are leaving for disney in a few days and the weather is calling for some real rain. Better pack the ponchos.

Stacie, just keep rubbing your tummy and saying 12-23...12-23....

dutch_girl_scout
05-18-2006, 08:40 PM
:cheer2: YEAH Tammy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: That's such exiciting news!

The baby should be here before Dec, we're thinking it's due at the end of October. We have the ultrasound tomorrow (postponed from three weeks ago but that's another story and I don't want to go there :furious: ) Anway, I'll let you know what we find out.

Cristi, I agree May is almost gone, I think the kids are down to nine days of school. They are all signed up for art classes, camp, driver's ed, etc, etc, etc. I hope the gas prices don't get too crazy!!

Hope everyone has a good night!

TammyAlphabet
05-19-2006, 09:13 AM
:cheer2: YEAH Tammy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: That's such exiciting news!

The baby should be here before Dec, we're thinking it's due at the end of October. We have the ultrasound tomorrow (postponed from three weeks ago but that's another story and I don't want to go there :furious: ) Anway, I'll let you know what we find out.

Thanks so much! I always loved the ultrasounds, they made it all real for me. Since you are due in October, I would tell you to rub your tummy and say 10-23...10-23. :sunny:

dutch_girl_scout
05-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Hello all! The due date is now Nov 12. Yeah!! :cheer2: The other big news is it's looking like it's a boy (the technician made sure it wasn't the umbilical cord), although of course no one was willing to put it in writing. I've adjusted my ticker and it looks like we'll be cruising in March!!

Here's some pictures:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/dutch_girl_scout/BabyII.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/dutch_girl_scout/BabyI.jpg

Queen2
05-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Congratulations :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :grouphug:

Well,will be signing off for a week. Going to Orlanda to a friends time share. We may do Magic Kingdom, maybe not. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

If it wasn't for her time share I wouldn't be going. Air fare & side trips & food is all I have to pay. Just coming home from Disney Magic set me back :rolleyes:

TammyAlphabet
05-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Wow! Those pictures are great!!! I am so happy for you.

Tammy

lbgraves
05-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Cristi, Staci just told me about your new tag!!! :) Congrats!!! No, it wasn't me. I would have said

Likes to take long walks off short piers. ;)

lbgraves
05-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Hello all! The due date is now Nov 12. Yeah!! :cheer2: The other big news is it's looking like it's a boy (the technician made sure it wasn't the umbilical cord), although of course no one was willing to put it in writing. I've adjusted my ticker and it looks like we'll be cruising in March!!

Here's some pictures:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/dutch_girl_scout/BabyII.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/dutch_girl_scout/BabyI.jpg

Staci, can you copy this one onto your old meets thread? :)

cristit14
05-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Cristi, Staci just told me about your new tag!!! :) Congrats!!! No, it wasn't me. I would have said

Likes to take long walks off short piers. ;)

Yeah, I am really surprised it didn't say something like that. That story is all over several different threads. :)

Stacie, great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Everyone that is going to WDW this week, HAVE FUN!!!!!!

TammyAlphabet
05-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks Cristi--It is really going to be hot though...I think I will melt. :sunny: