PDA

View Full Version : October 20th 2007 Western Magic

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

B9erSteve
03-04-2006, 06:36 AM
I just booked yesterday! Got exactly the room that I wanted. And now starting the Disney dreamin' in earnest.

Steve

July 29th 2007-- This Thread has grown beyond all of my expectations. An excellent and wonderful group of people have met here and we are now all planning our vacation knowing that there are only a few days until we leave. We have named ourselves the Konked Kruisers and plan a meet on the first day of the cruiseat the Mickey Pool at 3pm. Please Join Us! We'd love to have you.

As you can see by the number of pages and posts, we are a chatty bunch. Don't be intimidated, just jump right in on the last page and start to party with us.

cntkg1
03-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Hi Steve!!

Thanks for starting our thread. Only 592 more days!! (I think). This will be our second Disney Cruise (first one was an Eastern-Oct 2005). We booked onboard and our TA just switched us over to this Western yesterday. We also got the cabin we wanted (same as last time...7562). Hopefully we will be cruising with two wonderful people we met on our last cruise. We are just waiting to hear about "vacation time" for them.

Talk to you soon!! :wave2:

Nancy

B9erSteve
03-04-2006, 10:00 AM
592! LOL. I hadn't even gotten a chance to add up the days yet. This is our first cruise. I've been planning it for over two years now. We were initially going to do two weeks one in WDW and the other on a cruise but my wife's cooler head prevailed and I split them up. I met my wife on the last cruise that I was on, so obviously we had a great time. I've been dreaming of another cruise since. Between school and kids it hasn't been a good time until now! So this is my nursing graduation present to myself 6 years belated!

Steve

cntkg1
03-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Hey Steve...

We should have a lot of fun on this cruise. We are the only two going!!!! :banana: :banana:

More shrimp for me!!!! :teeth:

Nancy :wave2:

B9erSteve
03-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Hey Hey You'll need to share a bit of that shrimp. :thumbsup2

Since I've been planning this cruise in my head for almost two years... I didn't think that 19 months was too early to start celebrating. Heck, I've already got Disney Cruise Music loaded on my iPod and DCL wallpaper on my computer! :woohoo:
I guess we're way ahead of the curve.

cntkg1
03-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Maybe now that we "bumped" this thread we'll get a few more cruisers to join our thread of two.

When is your trip to WDW? We are going May 15th - 22nd. :cheer2:

B9erSteve
03-09-2006, 12:53 PM
We will just miss you We're going May 6th to May 14th. Staying at CSR. The whole family is starting to get jazzed now. My son talks about it constantly. My wife has been on a vacation clothing shopping spree for about a week now. And I'm doing OT to pay for it.

cntkg1
03-10-2006, 04:16 PM
My wife has been on a vacation clothing shopping spree for about a week now. And I'm doing OT to pay for it.

Just what a good wife does and just what a good husband should do!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cntkg1
03-19-2006, 07:35 AM
zzzzzzz zzzzzzz

Where did everybody goooooo??????? :cat:

Hey Steve, do you think there is another thread started for us? I find it hard to believe that we are the only fanatics planning our trip this early.

Nancy

B9erSteve
03-19-2006, 07:59 AM
I looked around a bit and didn't see one. But I didn't go really far back since the cruise was just listed. I think that we are just the only DIS fanatics that are planning this far out in advance.

FinVicMom
03-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Steve and Nancy, we officially moved our reservation to this date. Nancy, we were also on the Eastern 7 day cruise with you back in October 2005. We decided to go for the Western since we did two previous Eastern Disney cruises and since the Disney Med cruises our way out of reach for the four of us.

My Sister-In-Law, and Mother-In-Law will also go on this Western cruise. I had placed a deposit for one room (Cat 5) and we will receive the 10% and $200 credit, however, since our kids our teenagers, we thought we would like more room. We decided to get them a Cat 11 on deck 7. Although we booked on board the ship ( 1 cabin ) Disney will not honor an additional discount or credit for the Cat 11 cabin we reserved for the kids. I am contemplating moving the Cat 11 to a travel agency and wondered who would be best -price wise or extra incentive wise... I checked into Costco, Dreams Unlimited and went to Travelocity's web site. Any recommendations???

We are jazzed and look forward in having a fine forum like we did on our October 15, 2005 thread :sunny: :banana: :wave2:

Evelyn (Evie), Lloyd, Fin and Vic

cntkg1
03-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi Evie...

I absolutely remember you!!! You guys were just down the hall from us. We wrote little notes on your dry erase board. :Pinkbounc We had 7562 and will have it again in 07. So glad you will be there again. We did have a fun bunch of DISer's didn't we? :cheer2:

Jo and Danny (Perdidobay) are planning on cruising again with us. So far, that's 3 of us going again. I just hope we don't have to nickname this group the "Molar Express"!!! :furious:

Talk to you soon,

Nancy & Chuck :wave2:

FinVicMom
03-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the update. We have been assigned 7040 and 7042 with the kids across from us in 7043. This cruise is much more affordable than the Med and we haven't visited the Western Caribbean and we are spoiled with Disney and its caliber of service... :yay:

Evie

B9erSteve
03-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Nice to meet you Evie. I'm in a Cat 9 on Deck two. I considered a Cat 5 or 6 but since I have two young children I decided to not have the headache of worrying about them throwing things overboard. It'll be nice to know a few people before boarding.

cntkg1
03-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Hey Steve,

Didn't mean to leave you out, but our October 15th, 2005 Eastern nickname of the Molar Express came about because so many of us ended up with some major dental work. Everything between cavities, root canals, broken teeth, crowns that cost a small fortune, and the yanking out of teeth. We had it all!! I ate a $700.00 tic tac. Really!! Bit into one and broke a molar. Needed a crown after that. :furious:

Hey 18 more months from now, we'll be cruising!!! :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

Nancy

cntkg1
04-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Steve and Evie....

Let's not let this thread fall into the land of the unknown. It's just us for now. Are you guys planning any excursions? Chuck and I don't know which ones we would like. We haven't really checked the Passporter yet because on April 15th Amazon.com s/b sending me a new one (Along with my Golden Girls DVD's) :teeth:

Hope to talk to you both soon,

B9erSteve
04-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah I was thinking that one of us should bump this thread at least once a month to make sure that it stays active.

I have the older pasporter and decided not to purchase another until we finish our WDW trip. This time I want to get the planner version.

As far as excursions go, we thought that we would ad lib Key West. Take a walking tour. On Grand Cayman I may be in the mood for a semi-submarine tour. Depending on whether I think my kids would get much out of it. For Cozumel, I am torn. I would love to go to Xcaret (we were there on our honeymoon 10 years ago and loved it) but the long travel time scares me. I'm not sure yet how my kids will do on a small boat for that long. Locally, I don't know of much to do there. I may do the Cozumel Ruins as that fascinates me. I'd like to do the Parasailing on Castaway Cay if I can fit it in. Really, though all I want to do there is snorkel with my son.

Steve

Lindy Loo
04-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi there :cool1:
We are from the UK, and we will HOPEFULLY be traveling with you. My husband is just waiting for the Ok from work ( we should know by next week) so please send us a big heap of pixie dust! I think I will cry if they say no.

We are coming to Orlando this Oct, for 3 weeks. We are doing a 4 night cruise in the middle of this holiday. This is our first Disney Cruise. We have a 4 yr old Daughter, Elouise. She starts school this Sep, so in 2007 we will only get a two week break.

Ive joined the 4 nigh cruise meet. Heres an idea we are doing to keep our thread near the top. Someone starts with a word at the top of their note say " Cruise" the next person replying puts a word that they link that to, say " Magic"... you dont have to write anything else, if you havent got anything to say, but that way we should keep our page "alive". I had to hunt to find out thread,so it will help, as new people come on board.

Anyway, hope my next note confirms we are coming on your cruise, fingers crossed! :banana:

Best wishes Linda (38) Wayne (35) and Elouise (3 1/2)

B9erSteve
04-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi Lindy,
Glad to have you visit, Hopefully you will be definately going with us. My son is currently 4 1/2 and starting school this August. It has caused me to rearrange my travel plans quite a bit. Initially, I had planned a 2.5 week vacation in May 2008. :Pinkbounc My plan was to do the cruise and then spend 8 or 9 days in WDW. But my wife pleasantly reminded me that there was no way to take our son out of school that long. :confused3 I split up the vacations and downgraded the accomodations to make up for the extra airfare we would be spending. This also allowed me to move up the date of the cruise. :woohoo:

Poohbush
04-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Hi! :wave:

We're on this sailing too! There will be 6 of us (4 adts and 2 kiddies) on deck 8. For 4 of us, this will be our 4th cruise with Disney, our 2nd Western. Can't wait, can't wait! Glad to meet all of you!

Tina :sunny:

Lindy Loo
04-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi Pooh bush, welcome to our thread.... great to know there will be some kids on board !

We are still waiting for the OK on the holidays from my DHs work. Ive paid the deposit on the cruise, and we cant do flights yet, as they are not all released, ( normally for schuled around 11 months before ) so we are all ready to roll, just waiting for the OK.

We have request late sitting for dinner. We are doing late this time (Oct 06) too. So will see how it goes on the 4 nighter, and then ask for early if it doesnt work out. Elouise is a "night" person, so should be ok.

Happy Easter to you all............... :cheer2:

Poohbush
04-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Hi Lindy, thanks for the warm welcome!

We're doing early dining. Our oldest DD takes FOREVER to eat. We have a joke that we'll need both early & late dining just to accommodate her slow eating habits! :rotfl: Before we had kids, my DH & I always did late dining. It's definately less rushed, but there's just no way the kids can wait that long to do a big dinner.

Hope you get the OK to do the cruise! Sending some pixie dust your way! pixiedust:

cntkg1
04-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Welcome Lindy and Pooh!!!

I posted yesterday but it seems like it dissapeared somewhere!! Glad to have you join our "little" thread. I'm sure by next October it'll grow.

:welcome:

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: Here's your Pixie Dust Lindy!! I hope your DH's vacation request is honored soon!!

Have a Happy Easter everyone!!!

Nancy & Chuck :wave2:

JLDSMD
04-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone.

We just switched our Jan '07 Eastern to this Western cruise. We have been on 2 Easterns, besides a 3 nighter, already and wanted to try the Western.

We actually have the 10/20/07 Western booked along with the 10/25/07 3-nighter. It will all depend if DW is able to get off of work for the whole week or not for us to decide which we'll reschedule (both were rebookings on board, so we'll just move one out a little bit). DS (7 at the time of sailing) will already be off 2 days that week for teachers' convention here in WI, so we don't mind pulling him the extra 3 days. Better than the 6 or 7 days we pull him in January (we go down 2 days early that time of year).

I'm hoping DW gets off because I think the weather, at least temperature wise, will be better on a Western in Oct than in Jan. Plus, I'd rather go for the 7 nights than 3.

Jeff

JLDSMD
04-14-2006, 09:31 PM
We have request late sitting for dinner. We are doing late this time (Oct 06) too. So will see how it goes on the 4 nighter, and then ask for early if it doesnt work out. Elouise is a "night" person, so should be ok.

Linda,

May I may a recommendation? I would book the early seating now while you can get it. By the time you sail this fall, early may fill up. If your daugher doesn't handle the late well on the 4-nighter, then you have it. It is much, much easier to switch from early to late, than vice versa.

We had early originally booked for this last January, but cancelled our trip. Later last year, we reinstated it, but had to do late seating. Luckily our Head Server, McClean, set up a special table for us to sit at during the early seating. Everything was booked for early. DS did not do well at the late seating, even though we had it for our 3-nighter just a couple months earlier. :confused3

Jeff

JLDSMD
04-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Tina (Poohbush),

I see you have the Vero Beach resort in your signature line. Are you DVC members there?

I ask because we are going there for the first time this October. We're not DVC members, but we wanted to do something different while down in FL this year. Plus DW has always wanted to stay there.

If you are a member or have been there, how do you like it? Any tips?

Jeff

cntkg1
04-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Welcome Jeff and family....and welcome neighbor!! We live about 20 minutes from you. We are in the Falls right off of Pilgrim Rd and Silver Spring Dr. Where in Hartland do you live?

It'll be nice to have another Wisconsinite on board!! :sunny:

JLDSMD
04-14-2006, 09:46 PM
For Cozumel, I am torn. I would love to go to Xcaret (we were there on our honeymoon 10 years ago and loved it) but the long travel time scares me. I'm not sure yet how my kids will do on a small boat for that long. Locally, I don't know of much to do there. I may do the Cozumel Ruins as that fascinates me.

Steve

Steve,

Not sure how old your kids are, but you might want to look into Chakanaab (sp?). We went there in 2004 with our DS (4 at that time) and had a great time. It is a National Park on Cozumel, just south of the Cruise Ship docks. I don't remember what it costs to get in, but they have a nature walk, a beach, great snorkeling, swimming with the dolphins, snuba (where you walk on the bottom of the ocean with the moon helmets on) and a minigolf area. There is also one or two restaurants there.

You may want to do some checking though after last year's hurricane that was stuck over the region for 3 days. I don't know the extent of damage that was sustained on the island.

As for another beach on Cozumel, I believe there was one called San Francisco Beach, or something else with a US City name in it.

I'll see if DW still has the website she looked up stuff on before we went down to Playa in 2004. I believe the website is set up and run by a US citizen that went down there. I believe they have a snorkeling or golf related business down there. I don't recall. Anyways, it was a great wealth of information.

When I locate it, I will post a link.

Jeff

JLDSMD
04-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Welcome Jeff and family....and welcome neighbor!! We live about 20 minutes from you. We are in the Falls right off of Pilgrim Rd and Silver Spring Dr. Where in Hartland do you live?

It'll be nice to have another Wisconsinite on board!! :sunny:

Nancy,

Thanks for the welcome. You are close. We are west of Richmond School (which is technically in Lisbon), heading toward Hartland.

We are traveling with our DS who will be 7 at the time we sail. Do you have any children traveling with you?

Jeff

B9erSteve
04-15-2006, 03:16 AM
Jeff,
I'll look into the chakanaab place, it sounds fun. My kids are small. At cruise time they will be 6 and 3. So we won't be doing anything really challenging.

cntkg1
04-15-2006, 07:41 AM
Nancy,

Thanks for the welcome. You are close. We are west of Richmond School (which is technically in Lisbon), heading toward Hartland.

We are traveling with our DS who will be 7 at the time we sail. Do you have any children traveling with you?

Jeff

Hi Jeff...Sorry but our kids won't be playing with yours...they are DS (25) and DD (22). :rotfl: and they won't be coming along either. :teeth:

We have aquaintences in Lisbon. Beautiful place isn't it?

I'll be looking forward to meeting you in Oct.07.

JLDSMD
04-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Hi Jeff...Sorry but our kids won't be playing with yours...they are DS (25) and DD (22). :rotfl: and they won't be coming along either. :teeth:

We have aquaintences in Lisbon. Beautiful place isn't it?

I'll be looking forward to meeting you in Oct.07.

I don't know, he'd probably tag a long with them. :rotfl2: They'd like that, wouldn't they? :rotfl:

Lisbon is a really nice. We move out here about 4 years ago and just love it (except for today since the pig farmer spread this morning, if you know what I mean. There is always one weekend in April, when the weather gets nice, like this weekend, when you have the windows open. Just happens to be around the time they prep the fields. Needless to say, the windows are closed now. :sick: )

Jeff

Poohbush
04-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Tina (Poohbush),

I see you have the Vero Beach resort in your signature line. Are you DVC members there?

I ask because we are going there for the first time this October. We're not DVC members, but we wanted to do something different while down in FL this year. Plus DW has always wanted to stay there.

If you are a member or have been there, how do you like it? Any tips?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Yes, we have points at Vero, but it we've never been there. At the time, there was a special sale or promo that we bought into. Just wanted more points! We've since bought even more points at Wilderness. Love DVC!

Not Disney related, but we have stayed on the gulf coast, on Longboat Key. I believe it was near Sarasota. Beautiful beaches there! I much prefer the gulf side to the Atlantic side of Florida. One of these years we might get to Vero.

This will be our 2nd Western. Last time we sailed on a Western, we just fell in love with Grand Cayman. Can't wait to get back.

Hope your plans for the 7 night come through! :goodvibes

JLDSMD
04-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Tina,

We've been to the gulf side once before, Clearwater Beach. We loved it there. I think the beaches and water are much nicer on that side. Other than being at the port, the only other time I was on the Atlantic side was for our honeymoon 13 years ago. We stayed in Daytona Beach. We will never go there again. Our rental car got stolen. I know we didn't go in the water up there either.

We chose Vero because DW has always wanted to go to one of the Disney resort properties. If the water isn't nice, we'll spend our time at the pool. DS will love the slide.

I think DVC should have put their resort on the other side. Even though it probably sells out often, I bet it would be very hard, if not impossible, to get a non-DVC reservation there if it was on the Gulf.

We're looking forward to the Western. DW's schedule at work usually doesn't allow us to go on the Western in January (our usual vacation month). We don't want to go to close to Christmas, and the other time falls over into February. She can't take off in February. So we've been on two easterns the past 2 January's and had a 3rd set up for 2007. But when I saw an SPH available for the 10/27/07 cruise, I snatched it and told DW to work on getting off. We'll go to either St. Thomas or Jamaica now in Jan '07.

We are really looking forward to Grand Caymen. We're hoping DS will be interested in swimming with the stingrays. He loves to snorkel, but he's afraid of the stingrays.

We've been to Cozumel a couple of times while staying in Playa del Carmen and will just head to one of the beaches (along with Pancho's Backyard for a bite to eat). We've never been to Key West, but will probably take one of the short tours to see the area. We'll probably get back on the boat early and enjoy the pools while they're hopefully empty.

Jeff

JLDSMD
04-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Hey, we fell to page 3! And that was within 3 days.

Here's a bump to get us to page one.

Poohbush
04-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi everyone,

Is anyone planning on staying pre or post cruise in the area? We'll probably fly late Friday and stay at the MCO Hyatt (love that hotel) and catch the Disney bus over to the pier. Then we'll probably use some DVC points and stay at a resort for 2 nights after the cruise. Since our kids are little, we'll stay on the monorail. We love the Poly, but thinking of trying the GF.

Hard to believe it's 18 months away! Hard to believe we're even planning a trip this early! :sunny:

JLDSMD
04-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Poohbush,

We'll be coming down the night before as well. We usually go down 2 nights before when we go in January due to weather, but last October we did the night before and it worked out fine. We stayed down near port (can't remember the hotel). We arrived late and drove straight out.

We will probably stay the night after the cruise in WDW. Not sure how late we plan on flying out on Sunday though, so we may hit a water park that day as well. We figure we can get to the parks by 10:00 a.m. on Saturday after disembarkment.

We under the 550 day mark. Man that seems like a lot, but it will be here before we know it. :hourglass

Jeff

cntkg1
04-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Pooh...

On our first cruise we stayed at the Hyatt too. How convenient, huh? I was second guessing our choice of hotels until another DISer put us at ease. Yes, it was expensive...(we paid $175.00/night with AAA discount) but well worth it. :thumbsup2

We took the DCL transfer and believe it or not, 3 of us DISers were the first ones on the first bus out. We were bantering back and forth for months as to who would be first. We took a picture with all three of us on the steps of the bus!! I still laugh at the thought of that picture. :lmao:

We also stayed at the Hyatt on the Saturday after the cruise. We got out of Orlando the day before Wilma hit. We layed down at 7:00 pm and fell sound asleep. Didn't wake up until 8:00 am the next morning. Guess we needed our sleep after the cruise. :teeth:

We're thinking about staying at the Hyatt again next year but not sure yet.

Talk to ya later,

B9erSteve
04-22-2006, 03:34 AM
I'm planning on staying at the Hyatt the night before as well. I looked online at the pics of the place and was really impressed.

Lindy Loo
04-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone, looks like the pixie dust worked :banana: and DHs work has 99% oked his holiday, sooooooooooooooo I really think we will be joining you. :thumbsup2 We wont know for SURE until Jan/Feb 07,however 99% is pretty good to me!! :cool1:

and weve booked flights with Virgin and we are staying at the Disney All Star movies and the Royal Pacific for 9 nights before the cruise, we are then staying 1 night on the Sat 28th somewhere else, not sure yet, then we fly back on Sun 29th. We are doing MNSSHP this year, so if we like it, which im sure we will, we plan to do it again in 07! :wizard:

We do the 4 night Wonder THIS Oct, cant wait, first disney cruise !!!

cntkg1
04-23-2006, 02:43 PM
Hi everyone, looks like the pixie dust worked :banana: and DHs work has 99% oked his holiday, sooooooooooooooo I really think we will be joining you. :thumbsup2 We wont know for SURE until Jan/Feb 07,however 99% is pretty good to me!! :cool1:

and weve booked flights with Virgin and we are staying at the Disney All Star movies and the Royal Pacific for 9 nights before the cruise, we are then staying 1 night on the Sat 28th somewhere else, not sure yet, then we fly back on Sun 29th. We are doing MNSSHP this year, so if we like it, which im sure we will, we plan to do it again in 07! :wizard:

We do the 4 night Wonder THIS Oct, cant wait, first disney cruise !!!

Yeah for LindyLoo!!! Glad our Pixie Dust worked. 99% is good enough for me too.

See you around the boards.

B9erSteve
04-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Congrats! Let me know how you like MNSSHP. It sounds fun. I may like to do that for my kids one of these years.

JLDSMD
04-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Let me know how you like MNSSHP. It sounds fun. I may like to do that for my kids one of these years.

We have done the MNSSHP two times already and are doing it again this October. It is a great time.

The crowds are smaller (capacity controlled) so getting on the rides is pretty easy. Depending on when in October you go will determine how light or heavy the crowds are. As you get closer to the 31st, it gets busier.

They have several areas set up to hand out candy and most of the kids (and adults too) are dressed up. They have a special parade and fireworks display.

If you get the chance, you should try it at least once. I'm sure it won't be your last.

Jeff

Poohbush
04-23-2006, 10:03 PM
That's great Lindy Loo. Glad to hear it's all coming together for you.

I'm sure you'll be doing MNSSHP next year too! We love it. We did it the 1st time last year, just myself & DH. And, we're going again this year too. Probably won't have a chance to squeeze it in next year though. We'll take our kids when they're older. It's so much fun, and the Hallowishes fireworks are the best! Plus I still can't get the Boo to You music out of my head! I agree with Jeff, the closer to the end of Oct, the busier it gets.

cntkg1
04-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Bumpity bump people. Gotta get us back on page one so other DISer's can find us. :teeth:

Just got word that the friends we met on our first cruise will be joining us again on this one. DH and I are soooooo happy about that!! :banana:

DH just brought our suitcases in for our trip on May 15th to WDW for one week. We've packed a few things but since the weather likes to change every 15 minutes here in Wisconsin, we have to wait until the weekend before we leave to do the final packing. ;)

Of course, since I'm a chronic planner, this is making me a little crazy :crazy:

I'll recover...really I will! :smooth:

Later,

B9erSteve
04-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Nancy, I'll let you know what the crowds are like when I get there in 1 week :cool1: I'm hoping that it will be a good time of year to come.

Steve

cntkg1
04-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Nancy, I'll let you know what the crowds are like when I get there in 1 week :cool1: I'm hoping that it will be a good time of year to come.

Steve

Steve,

Put a hold on the rain until May 23rd....PLZ??? Leave some pixiedust: behind too!!

Have fun!!

B9erSteve
04-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Nancy,

I noticed that there has been a lot of thunderstorms there recently. Craziest thing is that the sunny days are in the low 80's and the stormy days are 90 degrees. Much different than California weather!

Poohbush
05-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Hi everyone,

We were down on page 3, so just thought I'd bump us up! :bounce:

You guys who are leaving in the next few weeks for WDW are so lucky! We won't be there til October. Have tons of fun!

Tina

cntkg1
05-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone,

We were down on page 3, so just thought I'd bump us up! :bounce:

You guys who are leaving in the next few weeks for WDW are so lucky! We won't be there til October. Have tons of fun!

Tina

Thanks Tina!! Do I have to call you Tina??? It was so much more fun calling you "Pooh"!! :rotfl2:

OK...Tina it is!! Sometimes I'm such a Preschooler. ;)

Only 5 more work days and 9 more real days. We'll say hi to the mouse for you. Just think, Steve and I will be jealous in October when you get to go.

Have a great weekend!!

cntkg1
05-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Hey Steve,

Just noticed your ticker is not the same as mine. Am I on the wrong thread?? :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Poohbush
05-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks Tina!! Do I have to call you Tina??? It was so much more fun calling you "Pooh"!! :rotfl2:

OK...Tina it is!! Sometimes I'm such a Preschooler. ;)

Only 5 more work days and 9 more real days. We'll say hi to the mouse for you. Just think, Steve and I will be jealous in October when you get to go.

Have a great weekend!!

Hi Nancy,

You're more than welcome to call me Pooh! I kind of liked it! ;) Sometimes I don't put my name in my posts, not really sure why I do and then don't!

I too noticed the different tickers. I know for a fact I'm on the 10/20/07 Western! (actually looked at my cruise line confirmation, just to make sure!) It's still so far away!

Are you or Steve going for Star Wars weekends? Seems like that would be a pretty packed affair. We're currently contemplating another trip to WDW either next May or early June. Just have to find out when our DD's school will be over next year. Can't believe she'll be in school this year! Where does the time go?

Have a good weekend everyone! :sunny:

cntkg1
05-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Hi Nancy,

Are you or Steve going for Star Wars weekends? Seems like that would be a pretty packed affair. We're currently contemplating another trip to WDW either next May or early June. Just have to find out when our DD's school will be over next year. Can't believe she'll be in school this year! Where does the time go?

:sunny:

Pooh :teeth:

I don't know anything about the Star Wars weekend. I'm not a SW fan at all so I'm kind of hoping that the SW weekend is not when we are there.

I also just changed our cabin # for the cruise. We switched from a Cat 5 deck 7 to Cat 6 deck 6 to save a couple hundred dollars. We also qualified for another $150.00 onboard credit from AAA because of switching in a month where they are running a special! Now we have a $350.00 onboard credit. :cheer2: Look out Rainforest....here we come!! :Pinkbounc

Well, off to do a little WDW shopping at Target. We want to be completely packed by tonight. Yup, that's us...chronic preplanners. :banana:

Later,
Nancy

JLDSMD
05-09-2006, 02:06 PM
We also qualified for another $150.00 onboard credit from AAA because of switching in a month where they are running a special! Now we have a $350.00 onboard credit.

Nancy,

Where did you learn of the additional onboard credit? I'm an AAA member an I know they run specials at times, but only hear of them on the DIS board.

I don't want to xfer to them this month because there is still the possibility that we may not be able to go for a whole week in October '07. I just want to be ready once we get the O.K. from DW's boss to move it out if there is a good deal. We are keeping it with DCL until then.

Is the $350 onboard credit all from AAA, or is it $150 from them and the $200 from DCL for rebooking?

I know at the fare we paid, most online TA's will only be giving $75 credit/rebate. Guess that's the draw back for booking as soon as the prices come out - they are so cheap. But then again, it saves you $$$ by booking so early.

Thanks,

Jeff

Poohbush
05-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Jeff,

I noticed you're going to WDW in Oct, and going to MNSSHP. So are we! What night are you going to the party? We just received our tickets, but had to send them back as they booked the wrong date. We're going on 10/16 (tickets said 10/17.) Thank goodness I looked at the date!

Nancy, I noticed you said you changed cabins. We've done cat 6 before, but not a cat 5. They're the same size, so good move on your part. And great job on all the on-board credits! I'm so jealous!

cntkg1
05-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Hi Jeff,

Our credits are $150.00 from AAA and $200.00 from DCL for booking onboard. We had our ressie transfered to AAA last October and at that time we did not receive the credit from them. Then last week when I switched cabins our TA informed us that AAA was running a promotion and now we get the extra $150.00 from them. Good deal huh???

Well gotta get back to my last 6 hours of work...then off to WDW!! :banana:

Later,

JLDSMD
05-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Jeff,

I noticed you're going to WDW in Oct, and going to MNSSHP. So are we! What night are you going to the party? We just received our tickets, but had to send them back as they booked the wrong date. We're going on 10/16 (tickets said 10/17.) Thank goodness I looked at the date!

Pooh/Tina,

We are going on October 26th (Teacher's convention in WI the 26th & 27th - DS has a 4-day weekend). I have to call an get our tickets ordered. I transferred the point to the Disney Rewards Card to cover them, just haven't got around to purchasing the tickets. I called the first day they were available, but hadn't moved my points at the time.

I know what you mean about the ticket dates. The first time we went, we got our tickets and didn't look at them until the day before the party (while we were down in WDW). Come to find out, DS's was for a different date than DW's and mine. They were really good about getting us the new ticket, but it was a paper type ticket rather than the nice plastic one. To me it wasn't a big deal, but for DW who scrapbooks, it was. :confused3

This will be our 3rd MNSSHP. Not sure if we'll do it before/after the cruise in '07. We'll be gone long enough the way it is, and they don't do it on Sat nights. We are planning on flying down on the Friday night before the cruise, so even if they had it that night (they are doing it on Fri, 10/20 this year), we wouldn't be in, in time. I may have to see if DW wants to fly in the afternoon so that we can hit it the night before the cruise.

Jeff

Poohbush
05-12-2006, 02:48 PM
:wave2: Bye Nancy! Have tons of fun! (As if I have to tell you that!)

Jeff, I know what you mean about trying to get to MNSSHP next year. Don't think we're going to be able to do it. Last year was mine & DH's 1st MNSSHP. It was sooo much fun. The Hallowishes was just the best fireworks I've ever seen. Can't wait to do it again!

Is Steve back from WDW yet? Did your family have a good time?

B9erSteve
05-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Hi! We just got back last night (LATE!) We had a fantastic time I posted a trip report here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=12696096#post12696096) . I'm afraid it is rather dry as I was often posting after a long day. But my wife and I are definately bitten by the WDW bug. We have never been so pampered.

Steve

Poohbush
05-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Hi Steve, welcome home!

Where did you stay that you felt so pampered? How were the crowds? I'll have to read your trip report later. Gotta get DD3 to bed. She'll be 4 this weekend, can't believe it!

:wave2:

B9erSteve
05-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome! We stayed at Coronado Springs. But truth is... I liked the entire experience, not just the resort. Disney's Magical Express is a wonderful thing and removed a lot of stress from my family and I. The excellent transportation service was very convienent. I had only one full bus during the entire stay, mostly the busses were near empty. The front desk service was extremely helpful to me. Rather than refer me to another area for help (one that was specifically designed for that purpose, they often made the calls for me and answered my question themselves, saving me a lot of time.

I've been treated pretty well on past cruises, but never this well at a Hotel.

cntkg1
05-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Just back from Caribbean Beach Resort...

Just got back tonight and boy was it ever hot down there. We saw rain on Tuesday (Animal Kingdom day) but the rest of the week it was sunny and in the 90's each day. Sunday it hit 97!!! Too hot for me!! I was the only one on the plane today that clapped when the pilot said it was a balmy 59 in Milwaukee!!!

Had a great vacation with the kids (25,25,22,& 23)!! We stayed in Jamaica section this time. We usually pick Aruba. Very long, hot walk to the Food Court. I'm thinking next time we will pick to travel in April instead.

Glad to be back home, but not happy to go back to work on Wednesday.

Gotta go...Phoenix Suns are playing tonight and DH and I are huge B-ball fans.

Later friends,

cntkg1
05-27-2006, 07:03 AM
Just bumping us up to the top where more cruisers can find us.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone!!

Poohbush
05-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Welcome home Nancy! I agree, 90's is just too hot to enjoy much ouside. We're toying with the idea of heading down next May. Probably the week before Memorial Day. Ugh, just the thought of HOT weather makes me hesitate a bit. (But not too much!)

So, we're going this October, and next May, then next October for our cruise. That's a lot of Disney! :thumbsup2

Everyone have a safe holiday weekend!

JLDSMD
05-27-2006, 08:38 PM
We're going on 10/16 (tickets said 10/17.) Thank goodness I looked at the date!

Pooh,

Just got our tickets for MNSSHP this weekend. Our dates were fine, but did you find the ticket design/picture for the event to be kind of blah?

DW doesn't like them. At least last time we went, they had the characters on them.

Jeff

cntkg1
05-27-2006, 09:02 PM
So, we're going this October, and next May, then next October for our cruise. That's a lot of Disney! :thumbsup2

Tina, One can NEVER have too much Disney!! :Pinkbounc

Nancy

Poohbush
05-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Pooh,

Just got our tickets for MNSSHP this weekend. Our dates were fine, but did you find the ticket design/picture for the event to be kind of blah?

DW doesn't like them. At least last time we went, they had the characters on them.

Jeff

Jeff, We totally agree. They are just like our park tickets last year. BORING! We too had characters (Minnie & Donald) on last year's MNSSHP. We were so hoping for fun ticket pictures.

We got the corrected set, so we're sooooo ready to go. Got our rooms, our ADR's, and the tickets. Now we just have to wait!

JLDSMD
05-30-2006, 09:18 AM
We got the corrected set, so we're sooooo ready to go. Got our rooms, our ADR's, and the tickets. Now we just have to wait!

Tina,

Glad to hear you got the corrected tickets. Did you have to send the old ones back? Maybe they didn't cancel them and you could go 2 nights. :cool1: :rotfl2:

OK, dumb question, I've been on the boards for a while, but not sure what "ADR's" are. Would that be "Advanced Dining Reservations"? If so, where are you going before MNSSHP? We got into the Castle at 5:20 p.m. the night of our MNSSHP. DW is thrilled.

Jeff

p.s. To all others from our cruise, sorry for being off topic from the thread. Once we get within a year, I'm sure we'll all be posting more frequently about the cruise. Hopefully more people will find us by then. If not, since there are only 6 of us that have posted and there are 6 decks with staterooms, we can each have our own deck. :cool1: I call Deck 6. I'd take 8, but I feel that the first one to post on this thread is entitled to that. Plus I like being in the middle (top to bottom) and a normal balcony is fine for me. :rotfl2:

Poohbush
06-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Jeff, We did have to return our incorrect tickets. You & my Dh think alike (scary!), he asked me the same thing! 2 nights would have been fun, but maybe a bit much! And you are right with the ADR abbreviation. We opted to not do a dinner before the party. We'll be getting the girls ready for bed (wishful thinking on vacation, I'm sure.) Gma & Gpa will be staying behind with them while we go & play! :thumbsup2

Just made another cruise payment this week. Trying to do a payment monthly. It's the only way we could afford the cabin we have! :rolleyes1

Anyone planning on doing a brunch or tea at Palo? We're doing a dinner (of course!) but have never tried brunch or tea. DH is interested in the brunch, so we may have to try that this time around.

JLDSMD
06-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Jeff, We did have to return our incorrect tickets. You & my Dh think alike (scary!), he asked me the same thing!

You are not the first DISer that said I think like their spouse. DW will say that's even scarier! More people that think like me.

Let me guess, your DH is in a technical type profession if not more specifically in something financial related?

Anyone planning on doing a brunch or tea at Palo? We're doing a dinner (of course!) but have never tried brunch or tea. DH is interested in the brunch, so we may have to try that this time around.

We are planning on doing Brunch only. We've done dinner each of the 3 cruise we've been on. Although it is nice, DW and I find it to be the same thing each time and not special anymore (call us crazy :crazy: ). Now Brunch on the other hand, we really like. Don't know why we prefer that one more, but we just do. It is pretty much the same each time, but we really like it. As for High Tea, we did this last cruise and it was nice, but we won't be doing it again. I don't drink tea (went so DW wasn't alone) and she got tea'd out.

Think of it, next year at this time we will be at 142 days. In less than two months from that point we'll all be planning on getting up at midnight Pacific Time to mke our reservations.

But now for a reality check, add the 365 days until next year and we're sitting at 507 days. Hey everyone, we should have a 500 day party next week Thursday (or at least a check in/post). We could do it every 100 days.

cntkg1
06-04-2006, 07:47 AM
OK...call us "Crazier", we're not doing Palo at all next time. We had brunch at Palo at 10:30 and with late dining the night before we just weren't hungry enough for Palo. We are not fancy eaters...just give us a bowl of cereal for breakfast and we're good to go. We thought it was just too fancy for our taste. Heck we didn't even know how to behave properly. :rotfl2: We tried to leave when we were full and Marco (our server) chased us down and made us come back and sit and eat more!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Another pair of DISers we met were sitting next to us and had a good laugh about that. :rotfl2: I was glad to know that they did the same thing on their last cruise.

After we got back to our cabin, we cancelled Palo dinner for that night. We felt the food in the dining rooms was fantastic and best for us. Later that week, a different DISer and I had High Tea planned and we both decided to cancel that too. Just didn't want to take the time out of our last "at sea" day to dress up and go.

So while you guys are all up at 2:00 am (CST) on day 90 next year, DH and I will be counting sheep instead. :teeth:

On a different note....do you all think that there will still be a "Pirate Night" on our cruise? Our friends who will also be on this cruise got all dressed up and they looked absolutely amazing!! I know Jo will be posting on this thread one day and hopefully will post a picture of her and DH. We were thinking that instead of packing formal attire, we will dress up on Pirate Night instead.

OK friends, I'll be back for day 500 on Thursday. Talk to you later,

B9erSteve
06-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Count me as being one of those awake late at night on day 90. Never having been on a Disney Cruise before I am looking forward to experiencing as much as I can.

I think that the Pirate night has been a big sucess. I'm sure that it will still be a part of the cruise when we go.

Poohbush
06-04-2006, 09:08 PM
I hope they're still doing the fireworks on Pirate Night. We love fireworks! Our cabin is on port side, and I hear the fireworks are shown starboard side. Would have loved to seen them from the balcony! Oh well, guess we'll have to join the party on deck! Shouldn't have to convince my family too hard.

I think we had Marco too the last time we ate in Palo. DH & I loved our Palo dinner. It was a fun time for us to be "grownup" for a while. Then we changed clothes, and were kids again!

Chatted with my DH's parents this evening. Our trip to WDW this Oct is to celebrate their 50th anniversary. And all they can talk about is the cruise NEXT year! Go figure! They just got their planning DVD and had watched it. So, they were extra excited about the cruise. I have to admit, I'm jazzed about the cruise too! It's gonna be sooooo much fun! :teeth:

Chat with everyone later on the 500 mark!

JLDSMD
06-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Count me as being one of those awake late at night on day 90. Never having been on a Disney Cruise before I am looking forward to experiencing as much as I can.

Steve, if this is your first cruise, you'll have to wait until 75 days out. Sorry. :guilty:

I believe the people in Cats 1-3 can make all ressies at 105 days. Repeat cruisers can reserve at 90 days. All new cruisers in Cats 4-12 can reserve at 75 days.

Don't worry that you may not be able to get one. I think they release additional spots for each ressie deadline. If you don't get one online, they do have several available in Rockin Bar D when you first board the ship.

Jeff

JLDSMD
06-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey everyone, we should have a 500 day party next week Thursday (or at least a check in/post). We could do it every 100 days.

I believe my math was off by one day. I think the 500 day mark would be the 7th of June, which is this WEDNESDAY.

I figure the 20th of October is 365 days. Take off 20 for October, 30 for Sept, 31 for both August and July, and we're left with 23 days. With 30 days in June, that would make it the 7th. If someone could verify, that'd be great.

Now when I first posted this, I swore my count down calendar said 507 days.

Sorry for the error.

Now for the other dates:

400 Day = Sept 15, 2006
300 Day = Dec 24, 2006
200 Day = Apr 3, 2007
105 Day = July 7, 2007 (Cat 1-3 passengers)
100 Day = July 12, 2007
90 Day = July 22, 2007 (Castaway Club Reservation Day)
75 Day = Aug 6, 2007 (General Reservation Day)

See everyone on WEDNESDAY!!!

Jeff

Poohbush
06-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Hi Jeff
Great info on the date schedule! Could you please add July 7, 07 for the 105 day mark for the cats 1-3 guests to make their reservations? ;)

Steve, do not worry if when you go to reserve a dining time for Palo there are no times listed. From my understanding, it's still fairly easy to get a reservation once you get on board. Before the days of online ressies, everyone had to stand in the designated waiting area once we got on board and sign up for a time. Not once were we ever denied a time.

Oooh, just thinking about that Palo Chocolate souflee is making me super hungry! That sound you hear is my stomach rumbling!

JLDSMD
06-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi Jeff
Great info on the date schedule! Could you please add July 7, 07 for the 105 day mark for the cats 1-3 guests to make their reservations?

Done. I actually had to change a few of the other dates at the end of the list.

Steve, do not worry if when you go to reserve a dining time for Palo there are no times listed. From my understanding, it's still fairly easy to get a reservation once you get on board. Before the days of online ressies, everyone had to stand in the designated waiting area once we got on board and sign up for a time. Not once were we ever denied a time.

That is true for the most part. I believe Cat 1-3 passengers still were able to reserve ahead of time via their special phone number for concierge service.

Jeff

Lindy Loo
06-07-2006, 02:37 AM
Hi everyone ! :wave2:

Sorry i havent been on the thread for a while. Ive been very busy with my DD 4th Birthday party, and we have been to Ibiza ( spain) on holiday.

Ive had a read through, since ive last posted. Im still a bit scared to get toooo excited until we actually go, as DHs work have approved the holiday but could still cancel it, anywhen up to July 07 ( or there abouts)

Happy to post now and then to keep us up the top, so more cruisers can find us :cool1:

Bye for now................ Linda

cntkg1
06-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Let the records show.....500 more days!!!! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: :banana: :cheer2:

JLDSMD
06-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Happy 500 Days to Go :hourglass everyone!!! :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Poohbush
06-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Woo hoo, 500 more days! :banana: :woohoo:

oybolshoi
06-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Errrr...hello cruisers. :wave2:

Although it's not official (yet) it's beginning to look like my husband (Jason) and I (Brenda) will be joining you on this cruise next year.

Are you reading this, Nancy? It's not too late for you to switch your reservation!! :teeth:

We met Nancy and her DH on the October 15, 2005 Eastern cruise last year. Jason and I sailed the Western itinerary in October 2004 but missed Grand Cayman due to bad ol' Hurrican Ivan.

Anyway, you probably didn't want our cruise biography...suffice to say that we love DCL and are hopeful that we can pull some strings to make this sailing. After all, if you count Orlando, there are four Hard Rock Cafes on this itinerary and our pin collection needs some new guitars!

I'm chatty, so be forewarned if we book this cruise...you'll get sick and tired of seeing my user ID. :teeth:

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to looking forward to a Disney cruise!

Brenda :goodvibes

cntkg1
06-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Errrr...hello cruisers. :wave2:

Although it's not official (yet) it's beginning to look like my husband (Jason) and I (Brenda) will be joining you on this cruise next year.

Are you reading this, Nancy? It's not too late for you to switch your reservation!! :teeth:

We met Nancy and her DH on the October 15, 2005 Eastern cruise last year. Jason and I sailed the Western itinerary in October 2004 but missed Grand Cayman due to bad ol' Hurrican Ivan.

Anyway, you probably didn't want our cruise biography...suffice to say that we love DCL and are hopeful that we can pull some strings to make this sailing. After all, if you count Orlando, there are four Hard Rock Cafes on this itinerary and our pin collection needs some new guitars!

I'm chatty, so be forewarned if we book this cruise...you'll get sick and tired of seeing my user ID. :teeth:

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to looking forward to a Disney cruise!

Oh yeah I'm reading this!!! The possibility of Brenda and Jason going on this cruise just makes me giddy! :dance3: No one will get sick of you B. Especially me.

To everyone else on this thread, you will absolutely love reading anything and everything Brenda has to offer. I promise you one thing...she will keep us utterly amused for the next 507 days, plus!!

So let's all hope that Mr & Mrs. M will join us on this cruise. :bounce: :bounce:

oybolshoi
06-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Oh yeah I'm reading this!!! The possibility of Brenda and Jason going on this cruise just makes me giddy! :dance3: No one will get sick of you B. Especially me.

To everyone else on this thread, you will absolutely love reading anything and everything Brenda has to offer. I promise you one thing...she will keep us utterly amused for the next 507 days, plus!!

So let's all hope that Mr & Mrs. M will join us on this cruise. :bounce: :bounce:

Stop! You're making me blush! :blush: :blush: :blush:

We're waiting to hear back from Dreams Unlimited before we decide what to do. We will probably end up using our DVC points for one of us and pay cash for the other - that way we'll have some points left over to hang at the mousetrap before the cruise (nothing like a little F&W Festival to help you get your sea legs - my favorite: Kir Royale in France).

I'll have you know, Ms. Nancy-Schmancy, that part of the attraction of this sailing is that there are people we know who are going (yeah, I mean you). I also decided that if I have to have surgery early next year that I still deserve to take a vacation in October...what better way to nurse yourself back to health than by dreaming of early-morning mochaccinos at the Cove Cafe? I wish I was drinking one right now.

I'll keep everyone posted as to what we're doing...and don't worry. I'm harmless!! :teeth:

perdidobay
06-14-2006, 04:57 PM
On a different note....do you all think that there will still be a "Pirate Night" on our cruise? Our friends who will also be on this cruise got all dressed up and they looked absolutely amazing!! I know Jo will be posting on this thread one day and hopefully will post a picture of her and DH. We were thinking that instead of packing formal attire, we will dress up on Pirate Night instead.

:

Hi Gang...I'm the nut Nancy tells you all about...I'll be sure to post the photo(and join in this thread) soon!

Jo

Poohbush
06-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Hi Jo & Brenda! Glad to see more people joining our thread. :wave: The more the merrier! We're a nice bunch so far, but not too many of us yet.

Steve, I wanted to ask you a question - when you made your reservation for Coronado, did you request a certain bldg at that time? In your trip report you mentioned that you got the bldg you wanted. We're considering maybe going to AK Lodge again next year, and we loved where we stayed before. Thought it would be nice to try that same area again. I didn't know if you could make that specific of a request or not.

thefatman
06-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi folks :wave:

Just adding us on....that's me Dave, DW Bev, DD Nicola (12), DS James (10),FIL Harry, MIL Sheila, and Our friends Rick & Heather (all from the UK)
We're spending the week before at Boardwalk ( F&W time popcorn:: ), then hopping onto the MAGIC to celebrate our 25th Wedding and MIL's and my birthdays.

Lindy Loo
06-16-2006, 04:34 AM
Hi there "thefatman".......nice to meet you. :cool1:

We are from the UK too. Use to live in Bexley Heath ( very outskirts of London for any non UK disers) and now moved to Swindon.

We are doing a 4 night cruise THIS Oct, first cruise. We have booked for a 7 nighter for Oct 2007, anticipating we will love cruising. :banana: Our family is small, just me Linda ( who will be 40 by then... help!) Wayne 36 and DD Elouise 5.

Hi to everyone else..... I am still out here. :wave:

cntkg1
06-17-2006, 07:54 AM
Hello...thefatman!! Welcome to our small and quaint board. I'm sure we will grow soon.

WOW...so far that's two us from the UK and two of us from Wisconsin. If we keep this up we may have to dub our thread "Noah's Ark". :rotfl2:

Happy Anniversary!!! DH (Chuck) and I celebrated our 25th anniversary last year on the Magic. We had such a good time that we are going again for our 27th!! Hey we'll celebrate anything to sail again.

Stay cool this summer and hope to talk to you again soon!!

oybolshoi
06-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Jason and I just made the decision that we need this cruise far more than we need replacement windows, so we've put down our deposit and are now official for the 10/20/07 Western cruise!

This cruise thread will never be the same.... :teeth:

We're going to pay cash for this cruise and use a good chunk of our 2007 DVC points to hang out at EPCOT for a few days prior to sailing (we love the food and wine festival). Anyone interested in boozing around the world with random stops for tasty snackables??

Looking forward to chatting with everyone as we get closer to sailing. Jason and I have sailed the Magic twice (one Eastern and one Western) so we feel like old hands at this pre-planning thing (that means I'm an old hand at this planning thing!).

Nancy...would you and Jo and your respective spouses be open to adding us to your dinner table? I promise, we can be well-mannered when the occassion calls for it. :lmao:

See ya later!

Brenda

cntkg1
06-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Nancy...would you and Jo and your respective spouses be open to adding us to your dinner table? I promise, we can be well-mannered when the occassion calls for it. :lmao:

Brenda

Does that mean that we too must be well-mannered? I better dust off that Emily Post book and learn how to behave before then. :rotfl2:

And...you are ALWAYS welcome at our table! :dance3:

Let's tell the waitstaff that we are celebrating our anniversaries (x3) and a few birthdays (x4). That means a fancy cake each night at dinner!! :Pinkbounc

OOOOhhhh...can't wait!!

cntkg1
06-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Happy Father's Day everyone!! :thumbsup2

Poohbush
06-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Hi everyone! Welcome to those who just recently booked!

To all the fathers, Happy Father's Day!

A question to all: any thoughts on a rotation you might want to request? Although it's the earliest one, we've requested APL. We really like the thought of eating formal in Lumiere's and pirates night in Parrot Cay.

Am I just way too early to be thinking like this yet? :teeth:

cntkg1
06-19-2006, 06:02 AM
Hi everyone! Welcome to those who just recently booked!

To all the fathers, Happy Father's Day!

A question to all: any thoughts on a rotation you might want to request? Although it's the earliest one, we've requested APL. We really like the thought of eating formal in Lumiere's and pirates night in Parrot Cay.

Am I just way too early to be thinking like this yet? :teeth:

Hi Tina,

Hmmmm...I thought formal night was on Sunday but I could be wrong. APL would put you in Parrots Cay on Formal night then. I was on the Eastern last year so maybe it is different. We had APL last year because I wanted to be in the least formal dining room for formal night (we don't like dressing up). :blush:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong plz.

Poohbush
06-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Hi Nancy,

From my understanding, the formal nights are different on the Western. I think it's Monday, with semi-formal on Thursday. Pirate night is Wednesday.

I just looked at some navigators on Barb's site, just to double check. Of course, things could change between now & then.

So, if things don't change, you may want to request LAP (6:00p or 8:30p) to be in Parrot Cay on formal night. Or PLA (5:45p or 8:15p) would put you in Animators on formal night. And of course, this is all just on request. Sure wish they'd let you know your actual rotation before you boarded the ship!

Gosh, I've though about this waaaaaay too much! :teeth: :rolleyes1

oybolshoi
06-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Poohbush is correct - on the Western itinerary Formal Night is on Monday and semi-formal night is on Thursday. Pirate Night (if they haven't changed the dinner theme by next year) is on Wednesday - the night the ship is in Cozumel.

Of course, this is based on our 2004 Western itinerary, so it's possible things could change, but it's rare for DCL to have a formal or semi-formal night when the ship is in port, so that only leaves two nights to choose from!

We had APL on our Western and we loved it because it put us in Lumiere's for both formal and semi-formal night and we started the cruise in Animator's which we thought was a great way to begin the cruise. :thumbsup2

cntkg1
06-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Poohbush is correct - on the Western itinerary Formal Night is on Monday and semi-formal night is on Thursday. Pirate Night (if they haven't changed the dinner theme by next year) is on Wednesday - the night the ship is in Cozumel.

Of course, this is based on our 2004 Western itinerary, so it's possible things could change, but it's rare for DCL to have a formal or semi-formal night when the ship is in port, so that only leaves two nights to choose from!

We had APL on our Western and we loved it because it put us in Lumiere's for both formal and semi-formal night and we started the cruise in Animator's which we thought was a great way to begin the cruise. :thumbsup2

I stand corrected. :thumbsup2

Thanks for clarifying that. ;)

Poohbush
06-19-2006, 09:17 PM

Brenda, that's exactly what I'm hoping for! :thumbsup2

Off the cruise topic, but we had some thunderstorms around the area tonight. I saw on the news about the tornadoes in Wisconsin. I hope it was far, far away from our 2 Wiscosiners (or is it Wisconsinites?!)

cntkg1
06-20-2006, 06:12 AM
Brenda, that's exactly what I'm hoping for! :thumbsup2

Off the cruise topic, but we had some thunderstorms around the area tonight. I saw on the news about the tornadoes in Wisconsin. I hope it was far, far away from our 2 Wiscosiners (or is it Wisconsinites?!)

Pooh..

Thanks for the concern. Chuck and I are about 20 min. from Hartford where the tornado hit so we are just fine. We had a lot of rain on Sunday. I would think that Jeff is ok too since he lives in Hartland not Hartford. And I do believe we are referred to as Wisconsinites (and a few other foul things too. :rotfl: ).

cntkg1
06-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Bumping to get us off of the bottom of page 2!! :cool1:

oybolshoi
06-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Page three...with less than 500 days to go? That's just ridiculous. ;)

Well, this is the first time in two weeks that I haven't had a headache but I have to go back for my next Lupron shot this week so I have a feeling that headache is right around the corner...Jason had his colonoscopy last week and is super-clean, doesn't have to go back for 5 years unless there's a problemo that pops up in the meantime...we also learned that Jason can change a spare tire and retain his sarcastic ******* sense of humor while under the influence of Demerol (see reason #461 why this makes me a bad wife)...we found a litter of cute fuzzy wild kitties under our front porch and it's driving the man-cat of the house absolutely crazy..and my bank bought a bank in Kansas City and the next three to six months are going to be a conversion nightmare.

Now that you all know waaaaay more than you wanted to about what's been happening at my house...wassssup with all you peoples out there? Are you getting your planning shoes ready? Anyone need directions to a Hard Rock Cafe on this itinerary? :teeth:

Be well, everyone, and have a happy, safe, and mildy explosive July 4th.

Poohbush
06-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Hi Brenda,
I can pretty much sum up what's been going on around here in one word...rain! And tons of it. It has rained pretty much nonstop since Sat night, and more is forcasted all day tomorrow. I'm about ready to begin that ark that Nancy had mentioned a few posts back!

Our DD's 2nd birthday is next week. Can't believe she'll be 2 already! Our babies are getting too big. Soon we'll be working on the potty training, just so she'll be ready for the kid's club next year. Steve knows exactly what I mean!

Happy 4th of July everyone! :sunny:

kimsue68
06-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Uh-Oh, page 2, blech!! :wave:

cntkg1
06-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Welcome to Kim!! Our little thread is finally growing!!

What happened to Jeff or Steve? Was it something I said? :confused3

Yup Brenda...I've got my planning shoes on already. Key West is all planned out. Nice and easy. Walking down Duval street with 3 stops planned. Southernmost Tip of U.S., Margaritaville, Hard Rock Cafe (maybe).

Cozumel and Grand Cayman are still in the planning stages. Still looking for some good suggestions.

So c'mon guys...let's keep this thread rolling!! :Pinkbounc

Nancy

cntkg1
06-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Brenda...almost forgot...

Please email your ressie number to me. I'll get my TA to link our reservations with yours and Jo's.

Nancy

oybolshoi
06-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Poohbush - hope you are somehow managing to keep dry with all that rain you guys on the coast have been getting.

Kimsue68 - welcome to the thread! :wave:

Nancy, we are having a bit of a tiff with the travel agent over something so we may be changing things around a bit. Once things are straightened out I'll send you the pertinent information in regard to the meal commonly referred to as dinner.

Nice intinerary for Key West....sounds strangely familiar... ;)

You should stop by the Tortuga Rum Cake place in Key West, too. Then you can ship cakes home and they'll be delivered while you're cruising the Caribbean. It worked really well for us the last time we tried it and the shipping is probably cheaper from Key West than it would be from Grand Cayman.

Then in GC you stop by the original and try all the other good stuff they have and buy some cakes at a lower (we hope!) price for yourself!! Hey, you coming to the HRC in Grand Cayman, too? Try their Kahlua Colada...it's a fine fine beverage! :thumbsup2

Jason and I have already begun referring to this trip as our Hard Rock Cruise...it doesn't have the same ring as the Molar Express, but it works for us.

Hope everyone is doing well - I'm going to get to take Monday off so I'm really looking forward to that four-day weekend. Maybe I'll make a dent in that scrapbook from our 10/15/05 cruise!

Poohbush
06-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Hope everyone is doing well - I'm going to get to take Monday off so I'm really looking forward to that four-day weekend. Maybe I'll make a dent in that scrapbook from our 10/15/05 cruise!

Ooh, a fellow scrapper! It's been forever since I've done some pages. I keep buying the stuff, but just can't seem to find the time to actually make a page! I just bought some cute Disney items. Mostly stickers. I love stickers! Times to Cherish is selling the cutest 8X8 kit, with Mickey's face on the album cover. That's for our Oct 05 trip to WDW.

We've decided since the kids are still so tiny, we'll stick with mostly excursions through DCL. We're going to try the Stingray Observatory on GC. DH & I did the stingray snorkel on the last cruise, but the kids are way too young for that yet! I think there was something about a butterfly farm in Key West. Thought the kids might like that too.

Welcome to Kimsue! :wave:

oybolshoi
06-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Hey, Pooh! I'm still fairly new to scrapping but I have to finish this scrapbook because we're headed to WDW for 10 days this October and my husband will kill me if I have two books going simultaneously (that, or the cat will destroy all of my stuff).

I heard a lot of good things about the butterfly farm in Key West - haven't actually been there, but it's probably a safe bet with the the little ones.

cntkg1
06-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Nice intinerary for Key West....sounds strangely familiar... ;)

B...You must know by now that I have no real mind of my own. :rotfl:

I worked at a bank for 28 years and they sucked 3/4 of my mind from the old melon. Now I must make do with whatever is leftover. If it'll make you feel better, I'll reverse the order of our Key West adventure. How about if I do the Southernmost Tip first and work backwards. Will it not sound so familiar then? :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hmmmmm...that means we will meet somewhere in the middle!!! How about if I buy you that Mango Margarita? Will that make up for us stealing your intinerary? :love:

oybolshoi
07-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Nancy,

I know what you mean about banks...ugh! Sometimes I'm surprised that I have a sense of humor after working with various banks and finance companies for the last 14 years.

Jason and I are flattered that you liked our Key West itinerary...since we didn't copyright it there is no need for you to buy us off. Although if you insist I won't say no to a mango-bomb! :rotfl2:

My parents are now toying with the idea of taking this cruise, but my mom is concerned that with no casino on board she won't have anything to do. I mentioned the joy of mochaccinos, heated tile loungers in the rainforest, and lounge-hopping in search of the perfect on-board martini...but she turned her nose up at my suggestions.

I swear...this has to be the reverse of what it must be like to have small children. :confused3

My parents are actually pretty cool, but my mom has reached a point in her life where if it doesn't come with a slot machine it probably ain't worth pursuing. :teeth:

Hope the five or six people that are joining us for this cruise are all having a safe and minimally explosive Independence Day.

Take care, all!

B...You must know by now that I have no real mind of my own. :rotfl:

I worked at a bank for 28 years and they sucked 3/4 of my mind from the old melon. Now I must make do with whatever is leftover. If it'll make you feel better, I'll reverse the order of our Key West adventure. How about if I do the Southernmost Tip first and work backwards. Will it not sound so familiar then? :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hmmmmm...that means we will meet somewhere in the middle!!! How about if I buy you that Mango Margarita? Will that make up for us stealing your intinerary? :love:

Lindy Loo
07-04-2006, 01:46 AM
Happy indepedance day to you all ! :cheer2:

Though obviously in the UK we dont celebrate today, hope you guys all have a fun day. are you off work today? how do you celebrate?

England are out of the world cup ( sob, sob) so we dont have much to celebrate at the moment.

The best thing for me about today, is its another day nearer my cruise! :teeth:

Take care Linda Wayne and Elouise (4 yrs)

cntkg1
07-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Greetings and Happy 4th to all....

LindyLoo..some of us will celebrate with family barbeques in the back yard, playing lawn games, drinking waaaay toooo much alcohol, and then staggering to the nearest park to watch the fireworks. I will be skipping the lawn games! :rotfl2: Just Kidding!!

We are actually doing laundry today, putting up a partition so that we don't have to look at the new weird neighbors clutter of junk next to her house that hasn't moved in months, and cooking. I'll be eagerly waiting for our future SIL to come over so that he can join me in some Strawberry Lime-ades (with a smidgy of vodka). Then we'll cook out and run over to relatives to sit in their back yard and enjoy a few fireworks from the park near by.

That's all for the excitement at Chuck and Nancy's house!!

Have a safe 4th everyone. And Lindyloo...you can celebrate with us as we celebrate the Queen's birthday over here. (Oh yeah...when is it again??) :lmao:

cntkg1
07-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Just bumping us off of page 2. Are there really only 25 people going on this cruise? Where is everyone?? It's never too early to meet new friends. :sunny:

Poohbush
07-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Hi all, Just checking in to see how everyone's doing.

We're toying with the idea of heading down to WDW in Jan 07 for one of the Pirate & Princess party nights. Sounds like alot of fun. Sigh, another trip to WDW. How on earth will we manage 3 trips next year?!! :teeth:

oybolshoi
07-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Jay and I lead a charmed life... had a flat tire on my car while driving home from his colonoscopy a few weeks ago and then on this past Saturday we come out of the grocery store loaded down with perishables and "mother-of-pearl!" he's got a flat tire on his car. What are the odds of that happening? And what does vulcanized rubber suddenly have against the Mengwasser family?

We should have bought a lottery ticket.

On the plus side, Jason's gotten really good at changing spares in 90-degree weather.

Nancy-Schmancy.... how are you feeling?

cntkg1
07-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Hey B...

I just had a ton of tests done again on Wednesday. I'm patiently waiting for results now. I did get a scarey call yesterday from the Dr's office. You know the one where they don't give any info, just "call us at your earliest convenience". Of course, Chuck didn't give me the message until last night around 9:00 pm. Good thing I got some really good sleeping pills from the good Dr so my mind didn't worry too much. All they wanted was to make a follow-up appt. :thumbsup2 You'd think they could've left that message!!

I had 4 different viles of blood taken, a TB test done, and a Tetnus shot. I scheduled my Bone Density test but am dragging my heels on the colonoscopy.

Wow...I was a little worried about posting all this personal stuff on the board, but what the heck....no one is posting much anyway. Looks like it's just you and me Brenda (and Lisa & Linda). Remember on the Oct 15th thread where it was just you and me for almost 2 full pages?? :rotfl:

Later friends,
Nancy

oybolshoi
07-07-2006, 02:34 PM
I have no problem whatsoever being a thread-hog...see my trip reports for further evidence. :teeth:

Surely there are other people taking this cruise? Maybe we've scared them away. I'll say the same thing I always say: We're harmless!!!

Anyone here have any good suggestions for a Halloween costume for Jason?

We're going to Mickey's Halloween party in October and I'm dressing up as Minnie Mouse. It seems reasonable to suggest that Jay don the Mickey Mouse costume, but he doesn't want to wear anything that will be too uncomfotable or too hot or that might get in the way of riding any rides that night.

I've thought of nothing and I'm all out of ideas. :lmao: :lmao:

Lindy Loo
07-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Hiya Brenda and Nancy :wave:
I dont scare that easily! :rotfl2: just been very busy, and what with our trip THIS Oct, ive been on the boards alot, but getting info etc (This is our first time in Oct 06 4 nighter)

Also ive been watching the World Cup, sadly England are out. :sad2: however whilst we were in the cup and the weather was so warm and sunny, we had lots of family BBQs, and time in the pool! :sunny:

You wait from Nov on wards I will be on here often, driving you guys crazy! :crazy: you wait.

I will try and post a couple of pictures of us, so you know what we are like. Its more fun kind of kowing a bit what people are like, when you e mail them, I think. Im not good with tech stuff, so fingers crossed!

Linda x

Lindy Loo
07-08-2006, 05:38 AM
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/lindyloo_photos/?action=view&current=DSCF0008.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=3

hopefully there should be a picture of Myself Wayne and Elouise last year at AK!

cntkg1
07-08-2006, 07:07 AM
Anyone here have any good suggestions for a Halloween costume for Jason?

Hmmmmm...I think Jason would make a great Jack Sparrow!! ;)

cntkg1
07-08-2006, 07:12 AM
LindyLoo,

So glad to know that we didn't scare you away...yet! :rotfl2: Hey, I just noticed that you and I are running neck & neck with our posts on this board. 517 to 516 ! I'm winning. :banana:

I've been watching the World Cup too. Gotta just love David Beckham!! Sorry to see that England was out too. I have many relatives living in Germany (actually, all my relatives are over there) and they are soccer nuts. I don't think the Americans have gotten into soccer as much. We're trying though.

Hope to hear from ALL of you soon.

(p.s. Jo where are you???? We need you)

oybolshoi
07-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Hiya Brenda and Nancy :wave:
I dont scare that easily! :rotfl2: just been very busy, and what with our trip THIS Oct, ive been on the boards alot, but getting info etc (This is our first time in Oct 06 4 nighter)Linda x

Hey Lindy!

When are you guys going to be at WDW this October? You will love it at that time of year - smaller crowds and better weather (well, except for the occassional hurricane). I guess I mean less hot and humid in October than in the late Spring and Summer months. :thumbsup2

Nancy - I agree that Jay would make a great pirate but he wants to keep it simple. Actually, what we wants is for me to stop talking about it! :lmao:

Timon
07-08-2006, 01:01 PM
:wave2: Hi everyone!

Okay, this may be a tad premature but I think we will be joining you on the October 20th 2007 cruise!

Background (feel free to skip! I also am very wordy :rolleyes1 )

Timon (dats me, Cass! Will be 35 by next October)
DJ Darkrobe (my fantastic hubby Rob, will be 37.....oh my! 37 sounds MUCH older than 35!!! :eek: )
Kira our DD (will be around 10 months old by then....for you doing the math...yup, she currently resides in my tummy! I am 19 weeks pregnant and we just found out she is a SHE! princess: ) Due December 1st :yay:

Since I will be super-sized by October (our fave time to go to WDW) we won't be going back to the World or on a cruise this October so we decided that next year would be good and should be in HUGE Disney withdrawal by then! (Are you kidding?? I am already in HUGE withdrawal from the mouse!)

We just looked at dates and decided to try again for a Western DCL since we cruised last October but Wilma turned our Western into an Eastern....dang, we already had done the Eastern in 2002! :sad2:

So, that's two Easterns on the Magic and one Western on RCCL Explorer of the Seas. Hopefully 2007 will be our lucky year and we will make it back to Grand Cayman (our fave stop!)

We will be spending about a week in Disney before the cruise, a couple nights at the Royal Pacific and hopefully we can rent some more DVC points from a DISer for 5 nights at BCV.

I am a little nervous about this trip since it will be our first with a baby! I am a hard core planner but with a new baby, it's kind of hard to know what to expect since it's always been just Rob and I.

For those of you who didn't get to follow along with our Live from Disney Trip Report last fall, you can read it HERE (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=935126) and get to know us. Or you can also visit my website (link is in my signature below) as I have tons of Disney photos and trip reports and videos posted there (including 2 DCL videos I made which might help you get your cruise fix since it's a long 400+ days till we cruise :rolleyes1

I have read oybolshoi & B9erSteve's trip reports and look forward to reading more of your reports since I know some of you are going back to WDW this fall.

And I look forward to getting to know all of you in the next year and a bit and meeting everyone onboard! :sail:

Told you I was wordy! :rotfl:

cntkg1
07-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Hello Rob and Cass (and DD :thumbsup2 )!!!

Glad to have you onboard! You must've cruised Oct 22nd last year. Brenda (Oybolshoi) Jo (Perdidobay) and I (cntkg1) got off the Oct 15th Eastern just as Wilma was about to hit. Were you horribly disappointed that you couldn't do the Western? I actually couldn't care less either way. I just want to be on that ship!! :Pinkbounc

Hope to hear more from you soon and that you actually join us Oct 20th!!

Later,

Timon
07-08-2006, 03:09 PM
cntkg1,

Yes, we were on the 10/22/05 cruise. Guess we were boarding as you were all getting off! I snapped a photo at the shuttle area right after we dropped off our luggage and there were still approx 50 of you stragglers around at 10:30 am :wave2:

After reading oybolshoi's trip report, I realized we were at IOA the very same day! And we were in Disney World while you were all enjoying your cruise. It's amazing what a week can do since the fitness area was open, the new spa villas were open, the Rainforest Room was all finished, we boarded just as usual (no group boarding) and yet Castaway Cay had been hit by a hurricane for 3 hours and all the foliage was brown and destroyed and TONS of seaweed had been washed up on all the beaches!

I was pretty disappointed since we really wanted to get back to Stingray City and would have liked to see Key West for the first time but I was just glad to be on vacation and to be on the Magic!

I just hope we don't get another Eastern this time! We were on the ship with many DISers who had done the cruise the same time last year but due to hurricanes their cruise was turned into an Eastern as well. They rebooked for 10/22/05 and AGAIN it was turned into an Eastern :sad2: So I really felt bad for them!

Lindy Loo
07-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Hi Rob and Cass!!! and Kira..... ( in the tummy!)

I know about planning Cass, we knew our DD was a girl on the very first day we could fine out, then we went to another private hospital to have them check ( just to make sure) we KNEW she would be called Elouise, and she is! Even though others said we might change our minds, by the time she was born. Shes now 4 yrs old! :)

Hope you can join our cruise, more the merrier! :cheer2:

Sure to speak to you LOADS over the next year and a bit, if you do book.

Linda x

Poohbush
07-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Hi all! Just a boring ol' Saturday night. Waiting to put the kids to bed so we can watch a movie.

Welcome Timon! You and Rob look like a fun couple, the pictures in your signature are great! Don't worry about cruisin' with a baby. My DD (now 4) went at 6 months, then again at 17 months. So next year, she will have been on 3 cruises! A cruise pro at age 5! You'll love all the attention, the crew usually just adore babies.

Lindy, when in Oct will you be on your cruise? We'll be in WDW in Oct too. We'll be celebrating DH's parents 50th anniv. While we're there this year, we'll be telling them that they're sharing our suite on the cruise next year. They have no idea! They think they're still in a cat 11! Hee-hee! :teeth:

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

oybolshoi
07-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Welcome, Cass and congrats on the baby!

cntkg1
07-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Cass

I'm on page 10 of your Trip Report. Very entertaining. It might take me awhile to get through all 53 pages, but here are some early comments.

1) Loved the picture of the stash you purchased. Particularly thought the Aleve was hilarious!! :rotfl:

2) Thank-you Business Cards? Please explain and possibly post a picture. I never heard of these. :confused3

3) I see you ate at the Earl of Sandwich at DMP. I am addicted to their Caribbean Jerk Chicken Sandwich!! Just love it!!! :teeth:

4) Ooooh....those chocolate croissants are to die for aren't they??

5) Sounds like you are married to my DH!! :rotfl2: Seems like we both got some really good guys!! ;)

Gotta do a little housework and then back to read some more!

cntkg1
07-09-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm up to page 37 now but after a few more comments, I'd better log off because "the weather outside is frightful"!! :rotfl: No really, it is!! Looks and feels like tornado weather again.

1) Love Rob's face regarding the rice on Thursday night!!

2) Sounds like 7:00 p.m. bedtime on Saturday night after the cruise was the same thing that happened to us!! We stayed at the airport Hyatt both before and after the cruise. We both fell asleep with the lights on, the tv on, and the veranda door wide open. Neither one of us woke up until the next morning.

3) OK...it's taken me 37 pages to figure out that IOA means Islands of Adventure. Right??? It's been 13 years since we've been to Universal. I think it's time to go back next year.

Cass and Rob....I absolutely loved your TR. I've read some other TR's in the past and some just seem to be nothing but a lot of blabbing. Can't say that for yours or Brenda's (Oybolshoi). Both of you guys had me laughing so hard that now I have a headache. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the entertaining Sunday!!

perdidobay
07-09-2006, 09:12 PM
:wave:
Hi Cass! So glad to hear you and Rob and the little one will be onboard with us all... I so enjoyed your trip report on your cruise last year... I remember being so upset when you and Rob got sick! Congratulations by the way on the new baby to come! I can tell you that Nancy and Chuck and Brenda and Jason are all a great bunch of fun :)

Lindy Loo, you have a beautiful family :) I can't wait to see you on the cruise :wave:

Poohbush.... when will you be at WDW in Oct? DH and I are going to the MNSSHP on the 22nd of October..... we will be one of hundreds of the 'Jack Sparrow and his lady' couples there.

By the way, I have now seen POTC Dead Man's Chest twice now..... I just kept thinking during the scenes on the beach how much I missed Serenity Bay and Castaway Cay... and how I wish there was Jack Sparrow there :rolleyes1

Nancy, here's that photo I promised
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce09b3127cce955c81de334400000036138AZuWzZw3cs8

Timon
07-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Nancy,

Thanks for taking the time to read the TR! I know it takes awhile to get through! I did warn you in my intro post here that I was wordy :rolleyes1

That Aleve sure saved me that week! I have a birth defect in my spine and have bad back pain and I had seen my chiropractor 2 days before we left and I was really sore! I felt stupid for making the chiro appt 2 days before we left but normally I am not sore afterwards. By the time we got to Universal, I was in so much pain I could barely walk. That was the night we hit Walmart and got the Aleve. I took two as soon as we got back to the hotel and within an hour I felt 100% better, it was amazing! You see, my sister told me about Aleve awhile ago but I had never tried it. It's not available here in Canada so when I saw it in Walmart, thought I would try it. Holy crap, that stuff sure works! I didn't have any back pain for the rest of the trip :)

The business cards are basically just cards we make up on the computer. They say something like "Thanks for going that extra mile to make our vacation MAGICAL" blah blah blah...we include our names, my web site address and we give them out to CM's and others that standout with great service and we tell them that I write trip reports and to watch for a nod to them. Sorry, I don't have any pics of the previous ones we made up.

Yes, IOA is Islands of Adventure, silly me I never typed it out?? Normally I type something out the first time then abbreviate it the rest...bad Cass :sad2: If you like thrill rides, you will LOVE IOA!!! The theming is amazing too!

It's not often Rob finds food that he doesn't like so I try to document it every time :rolleyes: *I have to say, that rice that came with his lobster was absolutely horrible! We all tasted it and we all made the same face!!

I can't wait to eat at Earl of Sandwich again and I really can't wait to eat more chocolate croissants on the Magic!!!And the chicken strips....and the Amaretto cheesecake....and the buffet breakfasts...now I'm hungry :rolleyes:

I agree with you, Brenda's trip reports are awesome! I was :lmao: and :rotfl2: throughout all the reports! Can't wait to read her report when she goes in October!

Timon
07-09-2006, 10:54 PM
perdidobay,

That is an awesome photo!!! You guys look like fun :3dglasses
Was that taken on your 10-15-05 cruise??

Wish I was going with you to MNSSHP this year, I would go back just to watch Hallowishes again!!! Have fun for us too :yay:

So, the three of you (Perdito Bay, cntkg1 and oybolshoi) all cruised together last year?? Are you all cruising again this fall too??

This sounds like our last cruise, when I signed up for the cruise meet, there were three DISer couples that had cruised together the previous October that were cruising on the 10-22-05 cruise all together.

Are any of you bringing family along or just the two of you??

Well, if anyone is doing late dining and wants to link ressies and have dinner together, (and doesn't mind having a 10 month old baby for a couple of those dinners) we would love to sit with some fellow DISers. :thumbsup2

perdidobay
07-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Cass,
Yup that photo was taken on the 10-15-05 cruise, Danny and I had dressed up for pirate night, and before dinner they were doing the lifestyle photos. We thought why not? They turned out really good, but after two shots of the both of us, the photographer told me to leave and he must have taken a dozen more just of Danny (my DH). Nancy can tell you - that night after the party when they were getting set up to play the POTC movie on the big screen, the entertainment cast ( women) were flirting and teasing Danny, so it's safe to say he will again be dressing up as Jack!
Nancy and Chuck, Brenda and Jason were with us on that cruise, it was alot of fun with Diser's. We won't cruise again this year, but Danny and I are doing the Eastern in April of 2007 with some freinds from Atlanta. We took them on a 4 day this April and got them hooked on cruising. :thumbsup2 I know we would be happy to have you and Rob and the baby at a table with us...we are doing late seating. WARNING: I have been known to spoil babies rotten! :love:

It will be just Danny and I on the Oct 2007 cruise, both our girls are grown. Our 30 year old got married this May and daughter #2 is getting married in Sept. I'm hoping in the next few years to have a grandchild to take to WDW or a cruise:cloud9:
Take care~
Jo

oybolshoi
07-10-2006, 08:18 AM
HI, Jo! :wave:

Your picture looks great!! We're going to MNSSHP on October 24th - looks like we're going to just miss each other. Jason and I are going to be at WDW October 18-28 (my parents are joining us on the 21st) - can't wait for the F&W festival at Epcot.

Cass - glad you enjoyed our trip report! I started reading yours last night but I had such a bad headache all weekend that I was going all cross-eyed so I'm going to start fresh this evening so that I can do it justice.

My parents may come with Jason and me on this cruise - they are undecided right now. We don't have kids but I thought it would be a fun trip for them to take while they can still enjoy themselves (they ain't getting any younger!). My step-father really wants to come but my mom is being a wet-blanket (does anyone use that term anymore? :teeth: ).

Nancy - did you survive the weather last night?

Hope everyone is well!

B.

PS. Now that I think about it...my mom may not want to come with us because she's heard too many stories about the things we do on vacation...after this trip in October she may never want to go anywhere with the two if us again!! :teeth:

perdidobay
07-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Brenda,
Sorry we're going to the same MNSSHP... I'm looking forward to the F&W at Epcot...Danny and I try to go every Oct.
We will be at WDW from the 19th to the 27th...... we'll be staying at the WLV...I tried to get BWV but all my points for BWV were gone.

If you see us...be sure to say hi :) We will be hanging around whereever there is Guinness or Margaritas :drinking1

Lindy Loo
07-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone! :banana:

Cass, we would love to share a table with you, :cheer2: we are late sitting, trying to get the FIRST time slot of the late sitting ( does this make sense?) When we cruise THIS Oct, someone on the meet up site, e mailed Disney and all our bookings are linked for the table. Are you OK to do this?? As ringing from the UK can be tricky? I can PM you any info you need. We would :love: LOVE :love: to sit on a table with a baby. Elouise was VERY excited when I told her, where we might be sitting. She asked to see a photo of the baby!! :cutie: I laughed and explained it was still in your tummy. She just smiled and said " great, i will be the oldest then!"... and carried on playing! :teeth: :confused3 :teeth:

THIS Oct we go the 7th to 28th Oct to Florida, doing MNSSHP on the 12th, Cruise 15th to 19th and RPR for fOLT for 2 nights on the following week. Based at the villa we stayed in last year at windsor Palms.
Oct 07 Elouise is desperate to stay at All star Movies, so we only have 17 nights, so we are there before the cruise for 9 nights, then 7 nights cruise, then not sure for last night, perhaps AKL or a Universal hotel ????

oybolshoi
07-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Jo,

If you see a "grown-up" dressed like Minnie Mouse at MNSSHP with three confused looking adults, then you'll have spotted me! I can't seem to persuade anyone else to lighten up - and let me tell you, my step-father would make a great Professor Bunsen (from the Muppet Show). :teeth:

We will be hanging out any place that's offering free beer or wine. If free isn't an option then I guess we'll be paying for it. :guilty:

We're staying 10/18/-10/20 at Saratoga Springs and then moving over to the BCV for the final week when my parental unit shows up. We bought more points this year and thought this would be a good time to check out SSR since we've never stayed there.

I'm going to try my darndest to get an Illuminations Cruise for one of the nights we're going to be there... I'll let you know if I get lucky and if you'd like you can join us. :goodvibes

Time to go home.... :banana:

Brenda,
Sorry we're going to the same MNSSHP... I'm looking forward to the F&W at Epcot...Danny and I try to go every Oct.
We will be at WDW from the 19th to the 27th...... we'll be staying at the WLV...I tried to get BWV but all my points for BWV were gone.

If you see us...be sure to say hi :) We will be hanging around whereever there is Guinness or Margaritas :drinking1

perdidobay
07-10-2006, 08:19 PM
AARRGGG! Well Brenda, my bad typing skills (really just lack of proofreading)
has mislead you to believe we will be at the same MNSSHP...sadly I meant to say we are not going to the same one :badpc:
How I wish I could see you dressed up as Minnie... get someone to take a photo please!
If you do get an Illuminations cruise we'd love to join in......

Poohbush
07-10-2006, 09:18 PM
We'll be going to MNSSHP on Oct 16. We'll be wearing our Disney themed Halloween shirts, as DH refuses to dress up. It is just the 2 of us going to the party though.

We're staying 3 nts at the Poly (lagoon concierge, yah!) and then 7 nts at Villas @ Wilderness, though we have BCV on waitlist (yeah right - like that's going to clear during F&W!) We too just purchased more points, and boy with all the trips we're planning over the next yer, we're going to use them like crazy! :crazy:

Haven't seen Pirates yet, going to do that next week. Can't wait, can't wait!

Wish we could join you all for late dining, but the girls would never make it. Before we had kids, DH & I always did late dining.

Timon
07-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Lindy Loo

We would love to join you for dinner. And you too Perdidobay! Maybe we can get one of those big tables and fill it with DISers! I heard those table are fun fun fun! :cool1:

Lindy Loo, where in the UK are you from? My brother in law is from Manchester. He met my sister online, met for the first time face to face when we all went to Disney World in 2003, in fact I first met him at Chef Mickeys :3dglasses , they got married in March 2004 and he moved here to Calgary in October 2004. His parents just came over (they left for home a few days ago) for three weeks to tour the Rockies etc.

Hope no one minds, but I took the liberty of putting together a website for our cruise :rolleyes:

I was thinking maybe we could all post our photos and info on the Who's Going Page so we can all recognize each other on board.

Here is the link:
http://www.cassworld.ca/dcl2007-home.htm

Please e-mail me at cass@cassworld.ca with your info/photos if you want to be added!

Note: I will NOT post your name or info on the Who's Going Page unless you e-mail me directly and give me permission to put it on.

You can add as much or as little info as you want to share.

Here's what you can send:

DIS name (important! don't forget ;) )
Real Name/s
Your party travelling with you
Ages of you and party
Photo ( I can resize, crop etc if need be)
Information such as how many cruises you've been on, any celebrations etc.
Dining info Late/Early
Cabin # or category

And if you have any links you want to share, please send them!

And when we organize some meets, I will put that info up too! :woohoo:

Poohbush
07-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Cass,

I just peeked at your website. OMG - you're so organized! I'm so very jealous of your SB room!

Lilo & Stitch are just beautiful! I too love goldens, and loved the book Watchers. One day I'll have a golden, and I'm naming mine Edison, in honor of Einstein! ;) Right now we have a Carolina dog (also known as the American Dingo) named Sasha. She's beautiful and sweet.

Sigh! The time for this Oct's trip to WDW is just creeping along. And it's over 15 months til next Oct's cruise. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? I feel like a little kid with all this anticipation!

oybolshoi
07-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Cass,
your website looks great! And may I just say that your choice of a wedding date is truly fantabulous!!! October 17th is my birthday! :teeth:

B9erSteve
07-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Too Cool! When I get a chance I'll send you our info.

Steve

Lindy Loo
07-12-2006, 01:17 AM
Cass, Ive email you, We are :cool1: definately :cool1: up for getting on your posh web page!!!

We live in the southwest of England, near the Cotswolds in Witshire. Wow how romantic, to meet and marry all from the internet!

Im getting excited now, having "table mates".............. I think it must great fun to have a good set of table mates, especially for a 7 night cruise !

have a great day everyone! :banana:

cntkg1
07-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Hi guys!!

Just got caught up on the thread since Sunday. We did have very strong winds, rain, and flooding. We got lucky and missed the flooding this time around but some of our neighbors weren't so lucky.

Cass, I plan on checking out your website during my lunch today. I'm giving up my normal 2 mile walk just to check it out. Believe me, it's not much of a sacrifice....I hate exercising anyway.. :rotfl:

Oooopss almost 8:00 am and I'd better look busy.

Later

P.S...Steve, good to see you back. I thought you left us! :teeth:

perdidobay
07-12-2006, 08:39 AM
WOW, Cass, great web site :thumbsup2 ... I'll send info as soon as possible.

Nancy, glad you missed any flooding...I bet you were worried. I checked out the deck plans and you guys are just 23 cabins down the hall from us :cool1:
But I don't think you 'll be at the same muster station as you are midship and we are aft.

Take care everyone!

Timon
07-12-2006, 01:40 PM
I've updated the Who's Going Page.
Feel free to e-mail me at any time if you would like to be added!

oybolshoi,

Wow, October 17th is your b-day! Awesome! So will you be going to WDW before the cruise to celebrate?? Any ideas what you will be doing for your special day?

cntkg1,
LOL, oh no...no walking today!! I hope it was worth it for you :rolleyes:

Lindy Loo
07-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Wow Cass, We are thrilled to be on your web page, its soooooo cool and a great way to meet each other before the cruise!

Thank you, I wish I could do something sooooo amazing, Im not that clever! Ive only just learnt how to put photos on here! :rotfl2:

Hope you are all well???.................. :banana:

cntkg1
07-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Did I miss the memo? Are Chuck and I the only ones not going to WDW this October? Lisa, remember when I told you that we were doing WDW this past May? I told you I'd be jealous come October!!

Guess I'll have to stick around to man the lifeboats (or the thread) so that the rest of you can have fun at WDW. :thumbsup2 Maybe the 8 year old in me will come out and I'll fill one entire page with all posts from your's truly! :rotfl:

Cass, I tried to check out your website today at work but I ended up working through lunch. I have good old dial up at home, so unless I want to be sitting here all night, I'll have to wait until tomorrow at work. Maybe the bosses will leave again and I can play. I emailed you a picture and our info for the site. I hope it works.

Brenda, What is the Illuminations Cruise? Do tell!! :confused3

Jo, When you said the DCL wenches were flirting with Danny, that was putting it mildly. They were actually falling all over him and fighting for him. It was absolutely hilarious!! Where were our camcorders? Oh yeah...I forgot, ours was probably already broken and your's was eating up tapes. Jo, you'll have to fight Chuck for Kira. For some reason, babies just flock to him. :love:

Cass (again)...thanks for all your work for our DIS thread. It looks like we are going to have one heck of good time!! Somehow, we will have to make that dining room table big enough to fit lots of us! Count us in!! It'll probably be the loudest and funniest table in the room. Hopefully Kira is a good sleeper. :cloud9:

Later friends,

Poohbush
07-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Nancy, I do remember you saying that, way back when! You'll just have to plan on another trip to make us jealous again! Shouldn't have to twist your arm too much. ;)

And I too hate exercising! :rolleyes1

Have a good evening everyone!
Tina

Timon
07-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Nancy,

I know how you feel! I must admit I am green with envy that a lot of you are going to WDW in October! :rolleyes2 I had booked the 10/22/06 Western cruise but had to cancel when I found out I was pregnant :sad2:

I will be big as a house by then! :earboy2:

I will need to read some of your trip reports to get through the month of October, that's for sure!!

I will find out the biggest table size available in the dining rooms! :woohoo:

As for Kira, we are hoping to put her in Flounders for all but the first night as I am sure by then we will be looking forward to having some nice dinners alone :rolleyes:

oybolshoi
07-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Nancy - an Illuminations Cruise is a specialty cruise you can book at WDW 90 days out from your date of choice and it leaves the beach / yacht club around 8PM each evening and cruises around before parking near the bridge in the world showcase lagoon in time for an up close viewing of Illuminations. They offer a pontoon boat that seats up to 12 people (I think) and a smaller boat called the Breathless that seats up to 7.

Very difficult to get are the Illuminations cruises because they only have the two boats I mentioned cruising on a given night and it's first come first serve when you call to book and quite frankly I am not a lucky person so I think my odds are slim (now if only I could get back to being slim...I hate hormones!) but my mom would really like to do this so I'm going to give it the old college try.

And if it doesn't work we save a gob of money that we can spend on food and wine or beer or coladas or martinis.... :teeth:

Hey Cass - we end up on vacation almost every year right around my birthday. This year we hit WDW the day after. I'm not sure what we're doing pre-cruise next year...depends on whether or not my parents come with us (and if they can't lighten up a bit I don't want them to, you know what I mean?) and whether or not I have to use up some vacation time to cover potential sick days for surgery early next year. So many choices...

If I get my way (and I usually do ;) ) we'll spend a few night at the Grand Floridian before meeting up with all you fine folks on the bestest ship ever. I've always wanted to stay at the GF and while it may not be the best use of excess vacation points, we've got more than 40 years to be practical. I say we live a little!!

Time for bed...tomorrow is going to be...how should I say...BILGE.

Talk to everyone later!

B. :goodvibes

PS. Have we frightened off the men? :teeth:

cntkg1
07-13-2006, 06:11 AM
Lisa, remember when I told you that we were doing WDW this past May? I told you I'd be jealous come October!!

Oooops...sorry, I meant TINA not Lisa. See I told you I like "Pooh" better!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

oybolshoi
07-13-2006, 06:46 PM
I have a dilemma... has anyone here used Dreams Unlimited for their vacation planning? I'm trying to think of a good reason to keep my DCL reservation with them rather than canceling and starting over somewhere else. We booked with them to take advantage of the onbaord credit offer because we were too dumb to re-book on board last fall. But due to what sounds to me like something of a technicality we don't qualify for the $150 we thought we were going to receive.

So what's the advantage to my keeping this ressie as opposed to taking care of things on my own like I usually do? Or using DVC points rather than paying cash?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I'm in a quandry...

Brenda

Timon
07-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Brenda,

I've used Dreams for all our cruises and some WDW stays. We've never booked our next cruise on board because we never were really sure when we were cruising next so I usually book with Dreams to get the $75 onboard credit as opposed to nothing.

I think $75 per stateroom is the max credit I've seen with Dreams (for a 7 day cruise), or any other travel agency for that matter.

They always give us the same price as DCL quotes directly but I book with them to support them and to get the $75.

They've also been very helpful in the past and can answer any questions that may come up.

You should get $75 credit with Dreams as opposed to no credit with DCL.

Hope that helps!

oybolshoi
07-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Brenda,

I've used Dreams for all our cruises and some WDW stays. We've never booked our next cruise on board because we never were really sure when we were cruising next so I usually book with Dreams to get the $75 onboard credit as opposed to nothing.

I think $75 per stateroom is the max credit I've seen with Dreams (for a 7 day cruise), or any other travel agency for that matter.

They always give us the same price as DCL quotes directly but I book with them to support them and to get the $75.

They've also been very helpful in the past and can answer any questions that may come up.

You should get $75 credit with Dreams as opposed to no credit with DCL.

Hope that helps!

I appreciate your input, Cass - we're being told by Dreams that not only do we not qualify for the $50 on-board credit we thought we'd get by paying the deposit with our Disney Visa but that we don't qualify for any on-board credit promotions because of the room rate we received from them.

I've never used a travel agency before - I'm too much of a control freak, I guess, and I'd rather take care of things myself. But I opted for Dreams because of the on-board credits and now we don't get any. So I'm hard pressed to figure out what they can give me that I can't give myself.

I guess I'm too demanding for my own good. But with my parents thinking of taking this cruise, too, I don't want them to end up with the same negative impression that I now have of Dreams and so I am left like this... :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Well, I said today would be BILGE and I was right. But I guess if the worst thing I can say is that I can't get free spending money for a cruise then life ain't so bad! :goodvibes

Once I have this sorted out I will send you our information for your cruise site - I don't want to ask you to do double work in case we end up canceling and booking somewhere else.

Have a good night everyone and thanks for letting me whine. :teeth:

Timon
07-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Brenda,

Sorry to hear about what they put you through. I don't see how your room rate affects the onboard credit??? Sounds fishy to me! The rate that you got, are you still able to get that same rate now???

I guess if you got a really good rate then you probably don't want to change it but if it's the same as you can get now, maybe cancel with Dreams and book with them again to get the onboard credit or book with another company that offers an onboard credit as well.

Last year Dreams got us a great rate...$250 less than DCL and we still got a $75 credit so I don't know why you can't get the credit?? :confused3

Sorry you have to go through all this, planning is supposed to be fun! :grouphug:

oybolshoi
07-13-2006, 11:10 PM
We were quoted a rate $188 less than DCL quoted us on their website. We figured between that and the onboard credit that it made sense to go with Dreams.

But being told now that because we got offered this great rate we don't qualify doesn't make sense to me.

And what really doesn't make sense is that if I had booked somewhere else and just transferred the reservation over to them apparently I would qualify for the credit based on the terms and conditions of the on-board credit offer. So in essence because I am a customer I don't qualify but if I weren't a customer I would.

I'm just annoyed at what seems to me like an internet bait and switch. I'm going to try to get some resolution from someone...not sure who because I think handling this via email is a recipe for disaster, but we shall see.

I just want my stupid $100 credit so that I know our mochaccino fix will be taken care of for the week. Is that too much to ask for? :teeth:

Thanks again for your advice - it helps a lot. Gotta get some sleep (up late because we were running a virus scan).

See ya!

cntkg1
07-14-2006, 07:45 AM
Hey B,

Sorry to hear about the crap you are going through with Dreams. Chuck and I booked onboard last year and then transferred it to AAA. I thought we'd get another credit from them but they said no. Then a couple months ago I changed our cabin and now I got another $150.00 from AAA. So now I have $350.00 in credits. I'll gladly buy you a couple Mocachinnos!! :goodvibes

On a more serious note, poor Chuck ended up in the hospital last night. Seems like the guy is trying to pass a kidney stone!! :crazy: As I was sitting there watching him in so much pain it reminded me of labor. Then the Dr comes in and the first thing out of his mouth is "welcome to labor and delivery"!! I couldn't believe I was just thinking this. The Dr said many people say the pain is the same, so being the kind and thoughtful wife, I turned to Chuck and said..."You can thank me twice anytime you want...once for each kid!!" Aren't I sweet? It got him to laugh a little anyway. So we finally get home at 3:15 this morning and I have to get up at 5:00. I decided to stay up and spoil the dog for awhile while Chuck tries to get some sleep. He still has not passed it as of this morning.

So here I am at work with zero sleep! I told my boss to clock me upside the head every now and then to make sure I'm awake. He is happy to oblige!! :teeth:

Later,
Nancy

oybolshoi
07-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Nancy,
sorry to hear that Chuck isn't feeling well. Jason has had some experience with kidney stones so I sympathize with you both.

And thank you for the AAA information - I'm on the phone with them right now and it sounds like we can end up with $200 onboard credits (includes the Disney Visa promotion) for the 10/20/07. So I'm putting a courtesy hold on the cabin until I can talk with Jason tonight...but I don't know why I really need to do that. :teeth:

Thanks everyone for your help!

PS. I'm gonna hold you to that mochaccino offer!!! :thumbsup2

Timon
07-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Nancy,

Sorry to hear about Chuck! :guilty: Give him lots of hugs :grouphug:

Brenda,

I'm glad you got some onboard credits and that it worked out for you guys! :banana:

Rob had quite the evening yesterday...

He was on his way home from Edmonton (3 hours from here) for business. He had left early in the morning and was ten minutes from home when some guy decided to run through traffic on Bow Trail (a very busy, fast moving main road) against the light. He had darted through traffic ahead of Rob and appeared out of nowhere and Rob ended up hitting him. :sad2:

The guy ended up with a broken leg when he hit the hood of our car and then he rolled up onto the windshield and hit his head. Rob ran out to help the guy (Rob used to be an E.M.T. which helped) and after the guy got up Rob said that his actions were indicative of someone with head injuries. He was taken to the hospital but of course they won't release any information about him.

Our car was impounded and won't be released until the police do an investigation and the insurance can do their thing. Then it's going to take a couple of weeks to get it fixed.

Rob has been so shaken up, he barely slept last night. He feels terrible about hitting the guy. I must say that I am torn about it. On one hand I am hoping the guy pulls through and is OK. On the other hand, I am PO'd at him!!! :furious: I mean, what if the other car that barely missed hitting the guy had veered into Rob and Rob was seriously injured??? All because this guy
couldn't wait 2 minutes till the light turned green!!! Or what if other people were injured too? The road was very busy!!

Rob took a few pics of the car on his Treo before they took it:

http://www.cassworld.ca/images/car-1.jpg

http://www.cassworld.ca/images/car-2.jpg

http://www.cassworld.ca/images/car-3.jpg

Lindy Loo
07-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Wow what a mess othe car is !!

Cass and Rob, our thoughts are with you. What an idiot! and thankfully Rob is OK.

Nancy, send out love to Chuck..... who perhaps Wayne should have Kidney stones, so he knows what labour is like. :rotfl2: Whoops sorry, no horror stories here, dont want to scare Cass.......... whoops, tooo late!!

Brenda, please get the credits sorted, you MUST be on the cruise! Now the sound of those Mochaccinos .... yum! I love all things chocoloate and coffee! :banana:

Have a great weekend . its hot and sunny here so we are off out over the weekend. Its my birthday Monday, so we will have a picnic in a big local park.

cntkg1
07-14-2006, 12:32 PM
What a yucky start of the weekend we are having already. Hopefully everyone else stays safe and healthy!! We are waiting for a horribly hot weekend. Today it should be 90, Sat 94 and Sun 97!! I hate hot weather unless I'm in Florida or on a cruise. Guess I'll be camped out inside the house. We were planning on going to see Pirates of the Caribbean tonight but if Chuck is still not feeling better I'll make him sit and watch season 5 of The Golden Girls. That'll make him feel better!! :happytv:

:bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: To LindyLoo(hoo)!! Hope it's a good one!

Stay Cool everyone,

cntkg1
07-14-2006, 12:39 PM
PS. I'm gonna hold you to that mochaccino offer!!! :thumbsup2

Holy Cow...I owe you a lot of beverages already don't I? A Margarita for "borrowing" (ok..ok..."stealing") your intinerary for KW and now Mochaccino's just because I snagged some credits. It's alright...you're worth it!! Anything to make sure you are on this cruise with us!!

Jo and I have been emailing back and forth about the Disney Visa. Too bad I didn't have it last year when we booked. Does anyone know if I will get even more credits if I use it to pay the balance on the cruise?

Wouldn't that be nice??

Timon
07-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Lindy Loo,

That is OUR car in the photos!! :sad2:
Hope you have a fabulous birthday on Monday!!!! :bday:

cntkg1,

If you see Pirates, make sure you stay after the credits if you have the patience!! :teeth:

perdidobay
07-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Oh my, alots been happening............

Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear Chuck is in pain...give him some hugs from me, :grouphug: I hope you get to catch up on your sleep.

Cass, I hope Rob is ok, that would have scared the heck out of me. I hope he had some good witnesses, so he doesn't get blamed for the guy's injuries.
I can imagine how upset Rob is. Give him a hug from me :grouphug:

Brenda, What a mess, I've used Dreams since our #3 cruise and never had a problem getting a credit. It was based on the total amount of the cruise but it was always something..... Going with AAA sounds like a great move if the cost hasn't gone up. Sorry your day wasn't a good one yesterday... here's a hug from me :grouphug:

Wishing everyone a very good weekend...stay cool!

oybolshoi
07-14-2006, 08:32 PM
It's a busy thread today...

Cass - I can only imagine how Rob must feel. I freak out if I think I may have run over a fuzzy bunny as I leave our subdivision for work in the mornings. He must be very shaken but thank goodness he is OK and that the other person wasn't hurt too badly. I do hope everything works out well for you guys.

Nancy - sadly, the Disney Visa promotion is only applicable if you book the cruise and pay your deposit with the card. But the very nice lady at AAA checked with DCL and they said they would honor it along with the credits from AAA. And guess what?? The cabin we have a hold on is 6580...we're going to be neighbors!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Jo and Linda - thanks for the kind words...I was so surprised about this whole credit thing, which admittedly is not a huge deal, but I don't like false advertising. And I was really surprised about their inflexibility because I've heard such good things about Dreams. Oh well, things worked out fine and now I've got another 15 months to drool about those mochaccinos!!

Jason and I are hibernating this weekend - we're both sick with something...I went to the doctor today for a mystery diagnosis...and ended up with a huge antibiotic prescription. Jason will probably end up getting his own on Monday if he doesn't start feeling better. And then it's so hot... ugh! I'm with you Nancy - if I'm not in Florida or on a cruise ship then I don't need sub-tropical weather patterns in the armpit of the midwest. :teeth:

Take care everyone and thanks for all of your earlier advice and support - it's much appreciated. Here's a big ol' group hug for everyone and be sure to enjoy your weekend. :grouphug:

PS. Happy Birthday, Linda!!!

cntkg1
07-15-2006, 07:43 AM
Here it is, Saturday morning and I'm already a nut case. I can't seem to find the recipe for my favorite Chocolate Zucchini Bread, the wash machine won't drain the water, and I can't seem to view many of Cass's links on her fabulous site! :furious:

Brenda, you have aol dial up right? Are you having problems opening up stuff? Would you try going to Cass's Oct 20th site and open up Key West Info, Kino Sandals and tell me what you get. All I get is adverstising...no sandals. If I go on my computer at work I see the sandals. I also cannot view the "cams". I did disable my pop-ups, but I still don't get anything.
So glad to hear that you will be our neighbor on the cruise!! Also a good thing that we are a room apart. I have my own "Snore Monster", although with his C-Pap, he only purs now. Can you imagine the passengers in the room between us if Chuck forgot his C-Pap and Jason drinks? :rotfl:

Cass, how is Rob feeling today? Maybe a little sore from the jolt? I do hope that things work out for you guys. I just hate when bad things happen to good people. :guilty:

"Chuck Update"...he seems to be feeling a little better. Looks like he may have passed "something" last night. I was expecting to see a small piece of gravel or stone, instead we saw teeny, tiny, sticks. I guess we all know now how much wood could a woodCHUCK chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :rotfl2: (Sorry, I couldn't resist :teeth: )

Talk to you all later!
Don't melt,
:wave2: Nancy

oybolshoi
07-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Brenda, you have aol dial up right? Are you having problems opening up stuff? Would you try going to Cass's Oct 20th site and open up Key West Info, Kino Sandals and tell me what you get. All I get is adverstising...no sandals. If I go on my computer at work I see the sandals. I also cannot view the "cams". I did disable my pop-ups, but I still don't get anything.
So glad to hear that you will be our neighbor on the cruise!! Also a good thing that we are a room apart. I have my own "Snore Monster", although with his C-Pap, he only purs now. Can you imagine the passengers in the room between us if Chuck forgot his C-Pap and Jason drinks? :rotfl:

Nancy,
technology has arrived in the sticks! We now have wireless internet access - and can see everything everywhere we go! :yay:

I forgot about the snoring issues (he really doesn't snore much at home - only on vacation)...maybe we'd better switch to the other side of the ship. :teeth:

Good luck setting your Saturday straight and I'm glad to hear that your hubby is feeling better. :goodvibes

Timon
07-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Nancy,

Glad to hear that Chuck is feeling better! I am sorry about your internet woes. If there are any links that aren't working for you and you really want to see them, I can send you a list of links for you via e-mail. Just let me know!

Here's the port cams for you:

http://www.local6.com/wxcampopup/1808263/detail.html

http://webcam.keywest.com/msindex.htm

http://www.caymanport.com/webcams.htm

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Webcam

Well, it's official, we booked the cruise with Dreams finally! Got the room 5122 that we wanted and got a $75 credit, not much but better than nothing! :woohoo:

We're just hoping that Kira will be okay in Flounders so we can go to Stingray City. We've been wanting to go back there since October 2003!!

Now we have 461 days to dreams about chocolate croissants and my amaretto cheesecake! :cloud9:

d'Isigny
07-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Hope you don't mind a lurker...who misses his 'Molar' buddies…popping in to say HI. I must go out and buy extra lottery tickets, so we can go on a DCL back-to-back and sail with my previous cruising pals (I'll need the $$$ - to pay for another week AND for the tutor so the DD’s don’t get behind on their school work).

WOW….Nancy & Chuck , Jo & Danny (I have heard of you – Captain Jack), Brenda & Jason…AND Cass & Rob (I’ve enjoyed your hard work on trip reports/photos – your web site is AWESOME!!). Please excuse me if I’ve snubbed anybody…no offence.

After learning of the attendees on the cruise following ours…I got up the courage to speak with me DW, Nancy. Our conversation went like this;

Me, “Guess who is cruising the week after us?”
Nancy, “Who?”
Me, “Well…at least 3 couples we had a great time with last year…maybe more…hey…and…Timon is goin…you know, the couple from Canada that created that awesome web site I showed you!”
Nancy, “Wow…Guess we picked the wrong week to go – it’s too bad the girls are off the week before.”
Me, “Ummm…as the President Elect for next years Guild…how about getting the School District to change the Fall break…can ya...please?”
Nancy, (offers me a look that only Handsome Pete could) “Kevin…These are the same people that think it’s ok for a girl to wear uniform shorts or a dress skirt and won’t allow dress or uniform skorts….do ya think…I’m gonna get them to move the Fall break…I don’t think so.”
Me, (walking away dejected) “I’m going to the store….do ya want anything?”
Nancy, “We just came back from Costco…What ever could you need?”
Me, “Lottery tickets…more lottery tickets…wish us luck”

Well my friends…missing you and wish you a great time on your cruise. I promise…we will take good care of The Magic the week prior to your sailing.

Brenda – I’ll savor every word of your post-trip report. Remember…when you get published…I want a signed first edition.

My best to all...

Kevin

Poohbush
07-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi all,

Boy, you guys have been busy here! I don't log on for a few days, and everyone gets super chatty!

Lindy - happy birthday! :bday:

Brenda - glad to hear you got the credit situation all figured out. By the way, what is the Disney Visa promotion? Is it only with Dreams? We're not booked thru Dreams, but we have made all our payments with our Disney Visa. The last I checked, there wasn't a promo yet for Oct 2007 sailings. Did I miss a memo? :confused: Also hope you & Jason get over the buggies!

Nancy - glad to hear Chuck's feeling better. I was lmao at the "woodchuck" joke! :lmao:

Cass - very glad to read Rob is OK, physically. It make take him a while to get over the actual shock of what happened. Hugs to you both as you go through this together.

Well, not much going on around here. Certainly nothing too exciting. My co-worker's going on vacation soon, and my boss is already on vacation. Which just leaves me holding down the fort. Sigh! I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

We'll be seeing Pirates on Wednesday afternoon. Can't wait! Can't remember who advised to wait through the credits. Is it worth it?

Well, this is long enough! Goodnight everyone! :wave:

perdidobay
07-17-2006, 09:25 AM
:wave2: HI Kevin! Glad to see you lurking here... we sure wish you were on our cruise, after all, it was your hard work that made the Molar Express so much fun :sunny: I hope some of those lottery tickets turn out to be winners!

Lindy..... :bday: I hope you have a most excellent day :)

Take care everyone..and stay cool! :beach:

oybolshoi
07-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Well, it's official.... we canceld with Dreams and just booked today with AAA. Don't get between an anal planner and her on-board credits... :teeth:

Kevin!!!! :wave:

Why can't you guys just switch to our week and give your girls a much needed two-week vacation from the rigors of academia? You can turn the cruise into a "field trip" and they can submit a report when they get back to school about the different cultures and countries they'll have visited during the week. They should get bonus points if they can prove beyond a doubt that Key West is actually a separate country from the US. :teeth:

I sure wish you guys were going to be on this sailing with us, Kevin. :grouphug:

Handsome Pete thanks you for the mention, by the way. I think I need to post a picture so everyone can see just how handsome he really is.

Hey Pooh, DCL told our AAA agent that we would qualify for the $50 bonus by using the Disney Visa to cover the deposit. I'll believe it 100% when I talk to DCL to verify all of our credits in a few months, but they've stated that more than once so I'm going to be optimistic for a change and hope that it sticks.

Back to work... take care everyone.

Brenda

PS. Vive le Mochaccino!!!

Poohbush
07-18-2006, 02:37 PM
THANKS Brenda!! We just got the 50.00 credit applied for using our Disney Visa! :thumbsup2

We love our Disney Visa. We use it for EVERYTHING, just to get those Disney points. We have some saved now for our trip in Oct, then we'll start racking them up again for next year's cruise. Fun fun fun!

perdidobay
07-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Well, I love my Disney Visa, but alas, Danny, not so much... could it be that I opted for the one with Bambi and Flower on it :teeth:

I guess he's tired of the ribbing he gets when he uses it :rotfl: :rotfl:

oybolshoi
07-18-2006, 02:43 PM
THANKS Brenda!! We just got the 50.00 credit applied for using our Disney Visa! :thumbsup2

We love our Disney Visa. We use it for EVERYTHING, just to get those Disney points. We have some saved now for our trip in Oct, then we'll start racking them up again for next year's cruise. Fun fun fun!

Woohoo for you, Ms. Pooh!!

We love to build those Disney Dollars, too. I figure we can rack up another 200-300 by the cruise next year. Mmmmmmm....more coffee flavored goodness and rainforest visits. :thumbsup2

Brenda

PS. Vive le Mochaccino!!!

Timon
07-18-2006, 04:00 PM
<----turning green with envy over the mention of you lucky Americans that have a Disney Visa :worried:

We Canadians sure do get a bum deal! :sad2:

No Disney Visa :sad2:
No Disney Channel :sad2:
No Travel Channel :sad2:
No Disney Catalogue :sad2:

:charac2: :charac2: :charac2:

oybolshoi
07-18-2006, 05:30 PM
<----turning green with envy over the mention of you lucky Americans that have a Disney Visa :worried:

We Canadians sure do get a bum deal! :sad2:

No Disney Visa :sad2:
No Disney Channel :sad2:
No Travel Channel :sad2:
No Disney Catalogue :sad2:

:charac2: :charac2: :charac2:

Cass,
don't feel bad...Canada still has lots of good things like Ice Wine, curling, and beaver tails (I know EPCOT doesn't have them any longer, but please tell me that if I ever stray north of the border that I can find a warm, gooey maple and chocolate beaver tail).

Seriously, I had no idea that Canadians weren't eligible for the Disney Visa...and you don't get the catalogues, either? Are you able to order from their website at all? That seems rather non-inclusive to me, for a company that has theme parks in France, Japan, and China.

My new motto for this cruise: Vive le Mochaccino!!! :teeth:

Timon
07-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Brenda,

I will trade ya the Ice Wine, Curling and Beaver Tails for your Travel Channel!!! We have our version of a travel channel but it has to have so much % of Canadian Content, which I don't know if you've seen any Canadian
programming, but it sucks!! I am a very proud Canadian but even I will admit that all Canadian programming is embarrassing!!! :rolleyes: I've only seen about 3 shows EVER about Disney on our travel channel! And we don't get many of your good channels like Disney, Travel, HBO, Sci-Fi, etc.

You can find Beaver Tails but only in the eastern part of Canada. First time I tried one was in Epcot in 1999 :rolleyes1

I've tried getting the Disney Catalogue for 3 years now, I finally talked to someone about a year ago that told me they stopped sending them to Canada!!! :furious:

I can order stuff online but they charge and arm and a leg for shipping!! I once ordered a scrapbook from Disney Merchandise. It cost $25 for the album and $25 to ship it. Then when it got here, customs charged me for duty and then for GST (Goods and Services Tax) :sad2:

oybolshoi
07-18-2006, 07:38 PM
That is insane...what is this irrational prejudice against Canada?

I love the Travel Channel but their programming needs to be updated - they keep showing the same shows over and over again...their DCL episode is hardly worth watching any longer (even though I still watch it whenever it's on!).

If yuo get the History Channel keep an eye out for Modern Marvels - they did a two-hour show on WDW and it was really interesting. It was really current, too, and included a segment on the development of Soarin' at EPCOT.

Lindy Loo
07-19-2006, 05:20 AM
Hiya

Thanks for all my wonderful birthday wishes. I had a fab weekend,with friends over for a meal and we walked to a local park who had a small ( well compaired to WDW) firework and music show.

In the UK we dont get the disney Visa either, or a Cruise planning DVd, not sure why.??? Its not like the UK and Canada are small, or have few tourists to Disney???? :confused3

Glad evetone is sorted now, !!
Still loving the web site :) Cass!

cntkg1
07-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Hiya

Thanks for all my wonderful birthday wishes. I had a fab weekend,with friends over for a meal and we walked to a local park who had a small ( well compaired to WDW) firework and music show.

Wow....fireworks and music show just for your birthday?? All we get around here is a stale old birthday cake and a couple candles with a horribly off-key rendition of the "Happy Birthday" song. That's what we call "fireworks and music". :rotfl2:

Glad you had a good birthday Linda. :sunny: P.S....thanks for the PM answer. I'll have to ask my friend how she used it in a sentence. I'm not so sure she meant either one of your definitions.

Brenda, did you get an onboard credit from AAA too? You should have. We got $150.00 for the same room as you got.

Chuck update....Well Chuck studied really hard and passed his kidney stone Saturday night. The little sucker (the stone, not Chuck) looked like a whole clove. OUCH!!!! Thanks for all the thoughts and hugs. Chuck particularly liked the hugs from all of you. :love:

Jo, tell Danny to suck it up on the Visa card. As long as you get all those credits who cares who's on the card? At least Danny can use the card. If I gave one to Chuck we'd have enough credits to pay off our cruise with!! :lmao: Actually, when we signed up for the card Chuck was with me. He gave a small look of disaproval when I picked out Bambi myself. :teeth: We opted for Mickey and friends instead.

OK friends....I think it's time to name our thread. Brenda..I nominate you!! :smooth: Hmmmmm Viva la MochaccinoHeads? That's a mouthful (literally).

We're in for another hot one today. :sunny:

oybolshoi
07-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Brenda, did you get an onboard credit from AAA too? You should have. We got $150.00 for the same room as you got.

OK friends....I think it's time to name our thread. Brenda..I nominate you!! :smooth: Hmmmmm Viva la MochaccinoHeads? That's a mouthful (literally).

We're in for another hot one today. :sunny:

Nancy,

Thanks to you we did qualify for the AAA $150 credit and were able to combine that with the Disney Visa $50 credit. From a mochaccino point of view Jason and I are in good shape, indeed!

So that means I now owe you a drink...how about a frosty colada at the HRC of your choice? There's Key West....Grand Cayman...Cozumel....actually, now that I think about it maybe we should exclude Cozumel. With our intestinal issues, you and I having anything to drink in Mexico could be a very bad experience.

I stand by my rallying cry for this cruise: Vive le Mochaccino!! I'm working on designing a prototype flag with varying shades of delectable chocolate brown with a single section of soft whipped-cream white. I just need to figure out a crest for the flag... :teeth:

But, I agree that we need a name for this thread / group. We can't force it...it will come when we least expect it.

Back to work... keep cool everyone. We're melting here in the Midwest.

brenda :goodvibes

cntkg1
07-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Nancy,

So that means I now owe you a drink...how about a frosty colada at the HRC of your choice? There's Key West....Grand Cayman...Cozumel....actually, now that I think about it maybe we should exclude Cozumel. With our intestinal issues, you and I having anything to drink in Mexico could be a very bad experience.

I believe this makes us even steven now. :banana:

cntkg1
07-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Nancy,

I stand by my rallying cry for this cruise: Vive le Mochaccino!! I'm working on designing a prototype flag with varying shades of delectable chocolate brown with a single section of soft whipped-cream white. I just need to figure out a crest for the flag... :teeth:

But, I agree that we need a name for this thread / group. We can't force it...it will come when we least expect it.

I just thought of a crest for the flag. Since it's your idea, I thought how about a picture of BM for the crest. Oh my.......not that BM!!! I mean a picture of you, Brenda M in the middle. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. I truly am such an 8 year old at times!!

Gotta go, my boss can't grasp the concept that I get a 1/2 hour UNPAID lunch and he's bellowing for me from his office again!! Big Jerk!! :furious:

Later, N

Timon
07-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Lindy Loo,

Glad to hear that you had a great birthday!! Fireworks on your birthday!! How cool! :cool1:

cntkg1,

Glad to hear that Chuck finally passes that stone. I can't even imagine what that feels like!

Well, it looks like we might be dragging along some family members with us. We've been bugging Rob's family to join us at Disney World for the past 6 years. My mother-in-law was over the other day and I told her we're going back to WDW and on a cruise next October and I asked her if she wanted to come? (half jokingly, knowing she would say no, or we'll see like usual) but she said YES!!! :dance3:

So she called me today and asked for prices and our itinerary dates etc.

It's early still but it looks like we may be joined by Rob's parents, his sister and her two kids, his brother and his girlfriend and her 3 kids. I'm trying to rope in Rob's other brother and his wife and daughter but they are saving for an Alaskan cruise so that may not happen.

So being the Disney nut that I am, I will be planning this whole trip as they are all Disney virgins (well, his parents went to Epcot about 4 years ago) so looks like I am going to have some fun planning a big family trip! :goodvibes

We've been wanting to share with them the Disney "magic" for so long now! Everytime we say we're going back to Disney World, we just get this look...I think you may know the look I am talking about....you know...that look that says You're going back to Disney again?? Didn't you go last year? And the year before that?? WHY are you going back???

Well, I wanna SHOW them finally WHY we go back over and over again!! :wizard: We finally may get that chance!!

Although after they watched my Disney and Magic videos I made last year, that kind of sparked their interest!! :woohoo: :rolleyes1

cntkg1
07-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Although after they watched my Disney and Magic videos I made last year, that kind of sparked their interest!! :woohoo: :rolleyes1

Cass, I want to see your videos too. Can I come over to your house? Yeah right, $250.00 worth of gas later...... :rotfl:

Timon
07-19-2006, 01:07 PM
cntkg1, LOL! :lmao:

Yes, it would be expensive!! BUT!!! You can see all my videos (except for the IOA one I just made the other day) on my website!!!

You only need Windows Media Player (which you prob already have on your puter at work!)

Go to www.cassworld.ca
Go to Videos
You have many to watch!! They will play automatically if you have Windows Media Player (takes about 30 secs to start up)

MK
AK
MGM
Epcot
MNSSHP

are all generic types of video you can share with anyone

Then there are
WDW 2003 (not a great video, I didn't have much footage)
WDW 2005 Parts 1 and 2
DCL 2002
DCL 2005

These are our trip videos with footage of us in them. Mostly Rob since I am the photographer/videographer :cool1:

Enjoy! ( I won't tell your boss if you don't :rolleyes1)
popcorn::

perdidobay
07-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Cass,
how great! Sounds like alot of fun..if you like trip planning like I do :)

Nancy,
So glad Chuck passed his stone...I hope he feels better now. How hot is hot up there? Here it is 99 degrees... high is supposed to be 101, but with the humidity right now it feels like 104. :sunny: :sunny:
Did I answer your question ok in my email??

Brenda, I think that flag should have a coffee bean on it with your intials added..or maybe this guy :surfweb:

Later~

oybolshoi
07-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Brenda, I think that flag should have a coffee bean on it with your intials added..or maybe this guy :surfweb:

Later~

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Darkrobe
07-19-2006, 02:16 PM
oybolshoi: you were wondering if the guys were here, we are... just lurking is all; much easier to see what the ladies are talking about and keep ourselves out of trouble if we don't say anything till the last minute.

As far as the accident is concerned, I was shaken, not stirred. It is very unfortunate circumstances is all; not much I could have done about it other than what I did; which was my best.

Looking for to WDW, more food, ice cream, & being a pirate again!
I might even dress up for Halloween in my Clone Trooper armour too if Cass lets me, though that is a lot of luggage. You have no idea how much space that takes up.
TTFN!
Robe

perdidobay
07-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi Darkrobe... I was thinking about you the other day when I went to the casino and played the Star Wars slot for the first time... lots of fun with two bonus games featuring scenes from the movie... I found that if I went to the Dark side by picking Darth over Obi-Wan, I always won the light saber bonus!! :darth:

Glad you are only shaken, not stirred after the accident. :) Sorry you are shaken, though.

cntkg1
07-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Nancy,
So glad Chuck passed his stone...I hope he feels better now. How hot is hot up there? Here it is 99 degrees... high is supposed to be 101, but with the humidity right now it feels like 104. :sunny: :sunny:
Did I answer your question ok in my email??

Jo, you ALWAYS answer all my questions. :love: I was actually asking about St.Martin and St. Thomas but your answer explains it all. Both times when we got off the ship I saw a bunch of fruit just laying there. I kind of thought it might be because of bugs.

It's in the 90's here again. Sunday it hit 97. Tonight another huge storm is heading our way. We "snowmen" up here in the upper midwest can't handle that kind of weather. Between coping with "my own little summer" and the real summer, I'm not doing well. Kristin thought I was melting last Sunday. I guess God does have a sense of humor otherwise he wouldn't allow us women to have hot flashes during summer. :rotfl2: I'd apologize to the menfolk on this thread for the graphic details, but we don't seem to have too many. ;)

Time to go and help Chuck find out what lives beneath our back deck. Something keeps digging up the rocks. The dog goes crazy out there but he can't find anything either. Maybe it's someone burying a pot of gold. :shamrock:

Later, Nancy :wave2:

oybolshoi
07-19-2006, 07:08 PM
I know what you mean about the weather, Nancy. We are having some verrrry ugly storms roll through right now - big wind, sharp lightning...scary! And I'm home alone with just the kitty cat because this is Jay's night to work late.

Before I get outta here and take cover - I think I can use the BM in my flag...doesn't coffee get most people's intestines kicking in the morning? If people want to think that's for my initials, let 'em. You and I know what it really means!

Now who has the sense of humor of an 8-year old??? :teeth:

Be safe tonight - midwest weather is always nasty when the heatwave breaks.

Vive le Mochaccino!!!!

Poohbush
07-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Hi all!

Not a coffee drinker here, and have never tried a mochaccino, frappacino, or anything ...cino! :teeth: I was looking at the Cove Cafe menu though and the Italian Cocoa looked rather interesting. Might have to give it a try on the cruise.

Saw Pirates today! :cloud9: Loved every minute of it! There were times when I was the only one giggling in the whole theater. What a fun time. And I did make my DH sit through the whole credits for the ending. Hee-Hee!

Robe - glad to hear you're doing OK after the accident.

Have a good evening everyone!

perdidobay
07-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Brenda,
I don't know how close you are to the St Louis area, but I hope you are ok.
Nasty nasty storm.... I hope you have power and no damage. :grouphug:

Memphis went thru a straight line wind storm 3 years ago...we were without power for 6 days...no fun in the middle of summer.

oybolshoi
07-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Brenda,
I don't know how close you are to the St Louis area, but I hope you are ok.
Nasty nasty storm.... I hope you have power and no damage. :grouphug:

Memphis went thru a straight line wind storm 3 years ago...we were without power for 6 days...no fun in the middle of summer.

Jo,
thanks for the good wishes. We live in the St. Louis Metro area in St. Charles county. We were very fortunate at our house last night - lost power briefly but had it back by about 7:30PM (our lines are buried, too, so that helps). But there are more than 500,000 people and businesses without power through the City and surrounding Counties. My parents were hit pretty hard in South St. Louis County where the weather folks are saying a tornado formed - big trees down, power lines down, they don't know when they're going to get their power back (no one does). And it's supposed to top 100 degrees again today.

I have never seen a storm like that come through here - it was freakish. This thing moved almost directly north to south and then started moving southwest. A co-worker of mine said it best "that storm moved backwards."

Scariest storm I ever had to ride out - even the cat was shaking, and my cat is tough. :teeth:

Take care everyone -

Brenda :grouphug:

cntkg1
07-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Brenda,

I saw St Louis stadium (?) this morning on TV. Looks like lightning struck it and it had some damage. So glad to know you are ok. I know how much Handsome Pete likes your mom (his baby-sitter), so it looks like mom and dad will be bunking with him. I hope he has room for them. :cat:

I don't suppose you lost power a the bank huh? No such luck!! :teeth:

cntkg1
07-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Cass,

I wasn't able to see the videos here at work but I did go through most of the Magic 2005 pics. How on earth did you manage to kick EVERY passenger and CM off the ship to get all those great pictures? Tell me that you have connections with the cruise line to get on the ship early to take all those pictures and that you can bring your entire DISboard family along! ;)

I was a little sad for you when I saw the picture on embarkation day with Wilma looming in the background. :sad1:

OK...back to look at a few more pictures. I have 10 minutes left.

Timon
07-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Brenda,

Hope everything is ok! Apart from the power outages, I would KILL to see storms like you guys get. I think I was a storm chaser in another life. My favourite kind of weather is dark and stormy! :rolleyes: I get grumpy with clear sunny skies :rolleyes1

Nancy,

LOL!! :lmao:
Yeah, connections...sure :rolleyes: Yeah, that's it!

Actually, that's what the ship looks like when you get up at 5:30 in the dang morning!! I am glad I did that though cus I got some great shots! My fave is the one on deck 10 with that amazing sunrise!! It was a peaceful morning, one I will never forget!

Sorry you didn't get to see the videos. I have convinced so many people to go to WDW/DCL just by watching those videos LOL!! Rob says I should charge Disney commission! In fact, we had friends over for dinner last night and I convinced them to go on a Disney cruise :rolleyes1

cntkg1
07-20-2006, 10:11 PM
I did it! I looked through all 413 pictures of Cass and Rob's 2005 Magic vacation. Wow!! Fantastic! One question Cass...what is picture #272 of?

DS (25) was looking over my shoulder at the pictures and was quite intrigued. I hope he catches the "cruise bug".

OK...off to bed. Got a big day tomorrow. Doctors appt in the morning and then off for a weekend up north. Anyone hear of the Wisconsin Dells? That's where we are going. Someday I'll tell you about it.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

cntkg1
07-21-2006, 05:47 AM
All right! I give up! Who the heck is this Kevin Yee character that everyone is talking about on the disboards? :confused3 What has he done? Can someone send me a link so I can read about him. Someone told me read his review and the message boards but never sent me a link.

OK...off to the hospital for a quick bone density test and then on our mini getaway!! Talk to you all on Sunday!

Have a great weekend and don't melt!

Vive le Mocacchinos!! (That's for you Brenda!) :drinking:

JLDSMD
07-21-2006, 10:01 AM
One question Cass...what is picture #272 of?

Don't tell us, let us guess (this way it makes people look at your pictures. BTW, just couldn't have been one of the earlier ones).

My guess is the inside of one of the life boats.

Jeff

JLDSMD
07-21-2006, 10:11 AM
All right! I give up! Who the heck is this Kevin Yee character that everyone is talking about on the disboards? :confused3 What has he done? Can someone send me a link so I can read about him. Someone told me read his review and the message boards but never sent me a link.

Nancy,

If you do a search for his name you will find a thread about his article. I'll try to paste a link to the DIS thread regarding it, but I've never had luck posting links.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1167471 (http://)

Basically he wrote an article about DCL and how bad of a time he had, how expensive it was and that you could go on Carnival for half the price, and how DCL didn't do a good enough job of explaining the dress code for dinner (he wore shorts and a t-shirt every night because that's all he packed - his version of Cruise Casual). His paying too much was due to booking last minute (and not looking for a FL resident rate). He also did ZERO planning prior to going on the cruise because he figured that's what first time cruisers would do.

The thread on the DIS is good, but he really gets laid into on his own discussion board. There are links to the article and his message board in the DIS thread above.

Jeff

P.S. Have fun in the Dells. We are camping up near there over Labor Day weekend. BTW, I always thought of them as west, not up north. :sunny:

JLDSMD
07-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Just want to let everyone know there is a good chance we will NOT be cruising with you in October '07.

Due to a cancellation of a trip a couple of weeks ago, and the fact that NWA nails you big time on cancellation even in the event of a death, we have tickets we need to use. Well, looking at the prices for January vacations, Mexico and Jamaica were coming up higher than expected. So, since we have two deposit hanging out there on DCL (one 3-night, the other the 10/20/07 7-night), and the NWA tickets we need to use, we looked into doing the Western on January 13th. DW's grandmother turns 90 on the 21st (we usually would be gone for that - for example next year we would normally go 1/20-1/27), so we wanted to be home for that. Since DCL goes to the Western the week before, we thought we'd book that.

In deciding which ressie to transfer for that cruise, DW said to move the 3-nighter just in case we don't make it to some of the islands due to weather. So there is an outside chance we will still join you.

So, for the people I PM'd regarding the release of my SPH room, we still currently hold it. BTW, those people were not interested in it, so if someone is, I can let you know when we release it (which may not be until after the January cruise). Send me a PM if you are interested. We can coordinate when I cancel and you can call DCL to get the room.

I'm going to miss cruising with this group if we do cancel. You guys are a lot more fun than the 1/13/07 group (well at least in the number of postings and discussions). We are less than 180 days out and there is little discussion. This board is over 400 days out and there are several posts daily. Last year, for our 1/21/06 Eastern, there was a lot of discussion (over 100 pages). It made the lead up to the cruise that much more fun (plus it helped occupy the time until we cruised).

I'll still lurk on your thread if that's o.k. and maybe post every once and a while. I will post when we for sure cancel or decide to keep.

Jeff

Timon
07-21-2006, 11:19 AM
Nancy,

Here is the thread in which Kevin's article is discussed. You can find the link to the article in the first post.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1167471

As for the photo, Jeff is correct! It's the inside of the life boats. The crew were running drills and had one open. You can see the outside of it in the photo before (271).

Glad you made it through all my photos. :rolleyes1 There are a few huh?

Jeff,

Sorry to hear that you may not be joining us. You are right about this thread, sounds like we have a great bunch of DISers going on the 10/20/07 cruise!
Keep in touch and hopefully things will work out and you can join us after all!

perdidobay
07-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Jeff, sorry to hear you may not be on our cruise... we will miss having you if that's the case. But sometimes plans change....keep us posted. And hang around!

Cass, I hope that's the only view I ever have of the inside of a life boat! :bitelip:

Poohbush
07-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Jeff - say it isn't so! :sad1: I hope it all works out for you. Sorry too to read you had a death in the family.

I read that article from Kevin a week or so ago, and was laughing hard at his interpretation "cruise casual." Come on, everyone knows cruises are a bit dressier than jeans at dinnertime!

Just checked the ol' calendar calculator, and we have 455 days left til our cruise. Sigh! :crazy: Will it ever get here?

Have a good weekend everyone!

cntkg1
07-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Greetings Friends!

Our weekend trip turned into a one nighter. Mostly because our beloved Lab decided to destroy our mud room yesterday and DD is fed up with him. Got home a little while ago and he was sleeping ever so peacefully in his crate with the door open. He looked so angelic! Looked in the garbage and saw the rements of his night of holy terror. His pillow was shredded and the sheet of styrofoam we keep under his crate turned into a winter wonderland!

Another reason we came home was because I heard Jeff may be cancelling his trip with us. (Ok....really, because we forgot about nephews 21st b-day party tonight). Jeff...say it isn't so. My fellow Wisconsinite is leaving us high and dry? Well, things happen, I know. I'll hang onto that one little shred of hope that you may still join us. Lurk all you want, you are always welcome!

Thanks for the links on Kevin Yee. I'm about to go and read up on the thread.

Later,

cntkg1
07-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Yikes!! Just read the review by Kevin Yee. Too bad he didn't hang around the DISboard for even a week before his cruise. I think a lot of his issues would have been resolved if he did.

Then I went to read some of the remarks he received. I could barely get past the post by "Disneynut". Holy Cow...that family is going on at least 10 cruises on DCL within the next year!! Many of them in the Walt/Roy suites. Which lottery did he win? At first it looked like one cruise every other month. Then, a few back to back cruises. I think I read where he is going Western, Eastern, Western all in a row in September of 07!!

Hmmmmm, I wonder if he'd like to adopt me? ;)

Anyway, thanks for the link. It made for some entertaining reading.

cntkg1
07-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Where did everybody gooooooooooo!!!!! I found us on page 3. Are you mad at me? :sad2:

jdkdorn
07-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi everyone
I am another Wisconsinite from Franklin, WI. We were originally going to go Feb of 2008 ( booked Dec 2007 onboard on our Feb 2006 cruise and were changing to Feb when available) Today my mom decided she wanted to go on Disney Cruise line again for her 7oth B-day next year. So I called and changed everything to the Oct 20-27 cruise.

Our cruise group is DH (Dave), Me (Judy), DD13 (Kaitie), DS6 (Sean), DMom(Mona) & DDad(John) The kids ages are what they will be on cruise date. My age you'll have to leave a mystery.

We had such a great time last Feb we have to do it again. The school break makes it very easy to handle. We are DVC members so we will be staying at BCV for the 18th & the 27th and at the Radisson at the Port(most likely) for the 19th. I found that it was so easy having them take us to the port. I will not have Disney take us to the port because at $60 a person we can rent a car and return it for cheaper. It is actually cheaper to rent car and leave it at the port for the week or at the hotel.

I haven't had a chance to add my counter yet or read all the post so hopefully if you respond to my post could you give your name so that I can learn them. On our last cruise my daughter got to know some of the girls ahead of time, via email, so it made the cruise a lot more fun for her. Let me know if there are any DD out there around 11-13 who want toget to know each other.

Talk to you all soon, keep posting

Judy:cool1:

Poohbush
07-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Nancy! What on earth could we be mad at? I love reading your posts, they're always so funny! :goodvibes

Hi Judy, Welcome to our thread! I'm Tina, but most around here refer to me as Pooh. You would be our 3rd Wisconsonite, though we may be losing one (Jeff, hope you can stick with us!) I have a Katie too, but she'll be 5 on the cruise. princess: My little Princess!

Good evening everyone! (I do love those exclamation points!!)

cntkg1
07-25-2006, 09:50 PM
WELCOME Judy and Family!!! So nice to have yet another Wisconsinite on our cruise. Don't forget to go to Cass's (Timon) website that she set up for us and sign in. So just for you, I am Nancy (50) and DH is Chuck (49). So far it's just the two of us although DS, Tony (25) and his girlfriend Stacy (23) may be coming along with us.

By this time next week Stacy will probably be our future DIL. Tony is planning on popping the question in Florida next week. :love:

Pooh, (Tina) so glad you enjoy my posts. :yay: Speaking of funny....where the heck is Brenda? :confused3

Linda? Jo? Steve? Cass? Anyone? Anyone? I know this is not the week where you all leave me alone on this thread while you galavant around Florida without me. :sad2: Judy, will you be around in October this year? Everyone else seems to be going to visit with the mouse.

Take Care everyone...talk to you all soon.
Nancy

Timon
07-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Welcome Judy and family! :wave: I put a page up for us HERE (http://www.cassworld.ca/dcl2007-home.htm) and there is a Who's going page so you can get to know who's coming. Let me know if you want me to add you!

Nancy!! We didn't abandon you, really! :smokin: And in October, I will be around here with ya since I will be as big as a house!! We can keep each other company while everyone else frolics with the Mouse! I can't wait to start reading people's trip reports! :surfweb: Everyone hear that??? I want trip reports from you people!! :thumbsup2

I've been busy with my puppies, Lilo and Stitch. We've been going down to the river and letting them swim and play. It's been about 32 º C (about 89ºF for you Americans :p ) the last few days and my puppies and me have been dying from the heat! I miss our old house with A/C :sad2:

Plus I have been busy planning my brothers December trip to WDW, I was supposed to go with them but I will have a newborn then. Just made all his ADR's and helping them with their schedules. Sigh, I don't know if I can hold out until next October BOO HOOO :sad: :sad: :sad:

cntkg1
07-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Nancy!! We didn't abandon you, really! :smokin: And in October, I will be around here with ya since I will be as big as a house!! We can keep each other company while everyone else frolics with the Mouse!

I'm glad you'll be hanging around with me in October. Maybe by then we'll have a few more people on this board. :cheer2:

jdkdorn
07-26-2006, 09:01 PM
We just got back from WDW so our next trip will not be until we go on the cruise. We had 3 trips in the last year so we decided to exchange out our DVC and go to Scottsdale this October. So we'll be in deep withdrawal by the time we meet all of you.

We are currenlty thinking about vringing one of our DD friends with us. The questions we have is the expense, an additional $800, and the loss of family time and privacy. We made a deal with DD that if she had a a average last year she could have a friend go to our next Disney trip. We have to decide which is cheaper the cruise or WDW. The way teens eat I think the cruise may be cheaper. :rotfl2:

Talk soon

Judy

cntkg1
07-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Judy...what a nice mom you are! We took one of our DD's friends along one year to WDW and she was such a sweetheart! I think she kept DD from getting crabby as we dragged her through the parks. :thumbsup2

Her parents paid for the flight, but we paid for her food. She shared the room with us and DD so that didn't cost us anymore. It was well worth the price of her food to bring her along. DS brought his girlfriend along that year but they paid for all their own stuff.

Now when we travel, the kids bring their "significant others" along and everyone pays their own way. Love it!!!

B9erSteve
07-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi Everybody! I've been out of the loop, for a while, it looks like. I've been recovering from a bunch of broken ribs secondary to a motorcycle accident. I'm still Disney Dreaming about the cruise, but have been planning a short trip to DL this October. My MIL wants to go with all of her Grandchildren, so I am planning for multiple families. Looking at the ticker we have less than 15 months! WooHoo! Although that means more OT for me as I still have yet to pay it off.

Steve

cntkg1
07-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Hi Steve...glad to have you back. We thought we lost all the boys! :confused3 So sorry to hear about your biking accident. :moped: :guilty: I hope you are feeling much better sooner than later.

October seems like a really popular time for us here. There will be just a handful of us still around on the thread to make sure it keeps moving. Everyone else will be getting their Disney fix at one park or another.

I still have 2 vacation days left to pick and Chuck has 23 days left to pick. (You can tell which one of us never has "carry-overs" to the next year. :) ) If it didn't cost so much to fly down, I'd consider a quick weekender in October to join some of you. :grouphug:

Take Care all... :wave2:

JLDSMD
07-30-2006, 12:45 PM
October seems like a really popular time for us here. There will be just a handful of us still around on the thread to make sure it keeps moving. Everyone else will be getting their Disney fix at one park or another.

I still have 2 vacation days left to pick and Chuck has 23 days left to pick. (You can tell which one of us never has "carry-overs" to the next year. :) ) If it didn't cost so much to fly down, I'd consider a quick weekender in October to join some of you.

Nancy,

Did you see Midwest has a sale going right now. It looks like they are the same price as NWA and AirTran (all 3 do non-stops to Orlando).

I checked over the weekend of Oct 6 - Oct 9, and they all come up at $205. Not sure which weekend would work for you, but I would stay away from teachers' convention weekend (Oct 26 - Oct 29 here in WI). The fares had been really high that weekend.

Anyways, if you've never done it, MNSSHP is really fun. Plus, it is capacity controlled, so the crowds aren't that bad. If you go earlier in the month, they are very small and you can get on all the rides. It takes place several nights during the week, but if you want to straddle a weekend, it usually is happening on Sunday nights. We've gone a couple times in the first week of October, but due to DS school schedule, we need to go over teachers' convention.

Just a thought. Hope you can make it down. A year is too long to go without a Disney fix.

Jeff

Timon
07-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Hey Steve,

Sorry to hear about your injuries, hope you heal properly and get all better! You have a cruise to go on in 446 days :rolleyes1

I decided to FINALLY start in on my DCL 2005 Scrapbook last night. I am doing it digitally, all in photoshop then I am going to get it printed in a book. I did this earlier this year for an album I did for Tzar, our dog who passed away in January and the book turned out beautifully!

Looking at all our cruise photos is helping me to beat the DCL blues I am going through. But it's been a long time since I have scrapped anything so it started out slow, hopefully I can speed up the pace and get it done soon!

I will post the final layouts on the SB board when I am done if any of you want to check it out.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Goin' scrappin' :wave2: Bye!

cntkg1
07-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Nancy,

Did you see Midwest has a sale going right now. It looks like they are the same price as NWA and AirTran (all 3 do non-stops to Orlando).

IJust a thought. Hope you can make it down. A year is too long to go without a Disney fix.

Jeff

Hey Jeff...Thanks for the heads-up! You're right, a year is too long to go without. But I figure the little mini trip would still cost about $1400.00 for the two of us. Flight $450.00, Spending $400.00, Car $100.00, Motel $400.00 (we weren't smart enought to buy into DVC when we could afford it). Plus at least $200.00 for Gas!! :rolleyes:

My kids left this morning for Orlando for a week. I was pouting all the way to the airport. We grabbed a cup of coffee and sat in the observation area on Layton until they left. I was planning on holding up a sign begging them to take me along but I left the darn thing at home in the garage. :furious:

Instead I stood outside the car and waved like crazy at them. :banana: :wave: :banana: :wave: I'm sure my kids would have been embarrassed if anyone new I belonged to them. But what the heck, what good is it having kids if you can't embarrass them every now and then right? :rotfl2:

I suppose I can still hold out for that winning lottery ticket. :woohoo:

Later, Nancy :wave2:

JLDSMD
07-30-2006, 02:39 PM
We grabbed a cup of coffee and sat in the observation area on Layton until they left. I was planning on holding up a sign begging them to take me along but I left the darn thing at home in the garage.

Nancy,

Everytime I go down by the airport, and especially when watching the planes from that observation area, I really get into the "I want to go on vacation" mode.

I'll just have to stay away until our trip in October.

Good luck with the lottery. :wizard:

Maybe you should just try to priceline a couple of tickets for cheap. If you get them, just make the trip work.

Jeff

Poohbush
07-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Steve - here's some Pixie dust to help in your recovery. :wizard: Glad to hear from you!

Nancy, why would you need $100 for a car plus $200 in gas. Save money, and stay on property with Magical Express transfers. It's so convenient to let Disney do the driving! Really took some of the stress off our last trip. :bitelip:

We're still debating a quick trip in Jan for one of the Pirate & Princess Party nights. I made some ADR's today, one at Chef Mickey's for a dinner before the Party. Have never eaten there before. We still don't have a room booked, nor the Party tickets! Doing this all backwards this time! We're going to wait to see how our DDs like Fireworks live and in person when we go down in Oct. If they like them, fine we'll go back in Jan. If they hate them, well, we'll probably skip the Jan trip. We're especially worried about our youngest. Fireworks can be pretty scary for a little one!

Good evening everyone!

B9erSteve
07-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the good wishes, I am actually close to 100%. I return to work in just a day or so. Worse injury was a fracture of my left scapula. Nothing to do for it. It just heals on it's own. But man does that ever hurt! I've been catching up on home repairs over this last week off work, which has been great!

Steve

perdidobay
08-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi Nancy! :wave:

I'm trying to bump this up!

I'm gonna cry... I'm listening to Live 365 radio and they are playing songs from the sail-away party...
I wanna be there now!

Cha-Cha Slide :woohoo:
Bouncing off the ceiling :yay:
Can't touch this...etc!!! :banana:

I'm ready to party down on the deck of the Magic!!

cntkg1
08-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the effort Jo! I still believe you were right when you said it was too stinkin' hot to post!! :rotfl2:

I play my cd from Kevin all the time, especially on Saturday's when I'm cleaning the house. Then I'll switch over to my CC cd. :banana:

Is it really still more than 450 more days? Ohhhhhh I can't stand it!!

oybolshoi
08-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Heat waves...killer storms...power outages...flooded basements...prescription drug interactions...bank conversions / work-related travel to other midwestern armpit cities...and the worst thing of all.....

We're out of the Guavaberry liqueur that a wonderful Molar Express DIS-buddy sent us last fall after Jason and I failed to find the Guavaberry Emporium in St. Martin!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Since their website appears to be unsecured, thus foiling my attempts tp order a case or more of the stuff to keep us in coladas for at least a year, I have no other alternative than to plan another Eastern Carribbean cruise. :teeth:

Some day when I have time I will bore you all silly with the details of the last three weeks. Hope everyone is well - greetings to any new folks I may have missed. :wave:

Anyone here going to the F&W Festival in October? We were really lucky and got everything we wanted (it helps to call at 6AM CST on the day Disney starts taking reservations). We've got Food & Wine pairings on the 19th and the 24th and we're going to Sweet Sundays on the morning of the 22nd...I'm hungey just thinking about it.

PS - I just read my typo and wanted to say that I am also hungry just thinking about it. :lmao:

perdidobay
08-02-2006, 07:59 PM
I got ADR's for all the restaurants I wanted, but we never do any of the F&W special meals or programs...we just walk and :drinking1 drink and walk and drink :drinking1 and eat and repeat!

JLDSMD
08-03-2006, 12:06 AM
I just want to say that everyone on this thread is very social. :chat: It makes me want to do everything to convince DW to do 2 Westerns within 10 months.

My cruise meet thread for the one I'm now taking in Jan '07 only has 111 posts and we're sailing in only 5 months. :confused3 And two of the most recent ones were people saying they aren't going now. You guys have over 230 posts and aren't sailing for over 14 months.

The thread we had for this past January was a liitle better than this coming January at the same time out (about 157 posts), but they really started chatting in the last 3 months. Over 1,500 posts by the time it died. You will surpass that.

Could be worse, the original Jan '07 Eastern I booked only has 34 posts right now. :sad2: I see that lack of chatting on Wonder cruises, but am surprised it is that low for a Magic cruise.

I really don't think we will be sailing with you. DW really wants to do the trip we had to cancel this past July to DL and Legoland. As I posted previously, I hope you guys don't mind me following along with you and posting every once and a while. However, I will feel like I missed the boat when you guys actually sail.

Now maybe if I convince DW to go to DL and Legoland when DS has a week off between the end of school and the beginning of summer camp next June, maybe she'll have the itch to go on the Western in October. :thumbsup2

You guys seem like a great group of DISers and a fun bunch to cruise with.

Jeff

cntkg1
08-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Awww shucks Jeff...I'm feeling all mushy inside. I do hope you can change DW's mind and sail with us anyway.

Take care and lurk all you want!!
Nancy
(Your fellow Wisconsinite) :wave2:

perdidobay
08-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the kind words Jeff..I'm sorry that it appears you won't be sailing with us.
I guess some cruisers are just not the "meeting strangers" type!
I think it helps us on this cruise that some of us have met before and all love to be social!

Poohbush
08-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Jeff, what a bummer! I'm so sorry you won't be there with us next October! :sad2: Who's going to keep us all updated on the next special countdown day? :confused3 You're always welcome here, and we'll miss you.

We'll be at WDW during F&W but that's not why we go. We go during Oct because it's cooler than summertime! And up til a year or so ago, a lot less crowded. Then last year it was sort of like "the secret's out" because I felt like everbody and his brother was there! This year we can't even get in to BCV, and we've been waitlisted since March! OK, I'll stop whining now! (Not wining, but whining! :teeth:)

oybolshoi
08-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Hi everybody. :wave:

Brenda's having a pity party even though she knows things could be worse...

long story short (amazing, I know!): I've been struggling with a mean old case of endometriosis for some time now and it started to get really ugly last year just before our cruise. I had surgery in January of this year to knock out some big painful cysts and that was supposed to "fix" me for about 24 months... instead I ended up in the ER three months later with brand new cysts on both ovaries. Have been taking Lupron to try to calm things down and was just told yesterday that I need another surgery within the next month to get rid of the cysts again and this time I may lose an ovary to boot. There is also the possibilty that my doctor may decide things look so bad that she'll pull everything out at once.

If she yanks everything I end up missing 6-8 weeks of work and have to cancel the October WDW trip... :guilty:

I know life could be a lot worse than missing a trip to the Mousetrap but Jay and I were so looking forward to going again, especially with my parents. And I guess I should be glad that this has happened this year instead of next year because then it might mean I'd miss the Hard Rock Cruise with you fine folks. And maybe if I'm really lucky she'll just yank that bad ol' left ovary and I'll only miss about 2 weeks of work and still get to take my vacation.

Well, thanks for letting me whine - like I said, I know it could be a lot worse but it's still frustrating to deal with on a daily basis. Hopefully this second procedure will go a long way towards making me feel better so that Jay and I can booze around the world in style come October.

Take care everyone - I'll be popping in and out during the next couple of weeks and then I'll probably go dark for a few weeks in September depending on what happens.

PS. Viva le Mochaccino!!

perdidobay
08-04-2006, 02:53 PM
:grouphug:

Brenda... I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all go away. I'll be hoping for the best for you. Hopefully you will get this problem licked and feel much much better.
I'm sorry you're going through this... :grouphug:

Poohbush
08-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi Brenda,

Hugs to you! :grouphug: I certainly don't feel like you're whining. Sometimes you just have to get things off your chest. We're all friends here!

I have a very dear friend who suffers from endometriosis. I'm sorry you're having to go through this, but like you said, thank goodness it isn't next year.

Make sure you do pop by and let us know how you're doing. Hang in there!

cntkg1
08-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Brenda...

So sorry to hear about the pending surgery. I pray it all goes well for you. Here's a big old hug from Chuck and I (and two other people I can't identify). :grouphug: I also hope that if you are layed up for 6-8 weeks that it is "with pay"!!

Just take it easy after the surgery, sit back with a couple old movies. :happytv: popcorn:: . Be sure to have a few Mochaccinos :drinking: even if Jason has to make them for you.

Sure wish I could get my hands on some Guavaberry for you!! :smooth:

Take Care,

Poohbush
08-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Been pretty quiet here lately, we were at the top of page 3! :bored:

Another week of work, then I get to take a week off! It's sort of forced as my kids daycare closes for a week, but hey, I'll take it! DH is going to take a few days off too, so we're planning a trip to the Baltimore Aquarium. Haven't been there in ages. Since before my oldest was born, that's for sure! Can't wait to see the frogs exhibit, especially the blue dart poison frogs!

Is guavaberry alcoholic? Curious to try it, but we're tea totalers! Don't worry, we're not snobby or anything, just a personal choice!

3 more weeks and my oldest DH starts preschool! I don't know who's more excited, her or her mommy! :banana:

Good evening everyone!

JLDSMD
08-07-2006, 11:38 PM
3 more weeks and my oldest DH starts preschool!

Poohbush,

Oldest DH?! How many DH's do you have? Are you sure you live in MD and not UT? :rotfl: (I'm just joking about the UT line, so don't flame me if anyone is from UT)

Also, what are you doing married to a 4 or 5 year old? :rotfl2:

I know what you really meant, but I couldn't resist. :)

Jeff

cntkg1
08-08-2006, 06:26 AM
Poohbush,

Oldest DH?! How many DH's do you have?

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I was thinking the same thing! That's ok Pooh, we won't talk about you :teeth:

So where do you guys think the other Oct 20th cruisers are? This ship can't have only the handful of us on board. I did a search for Oct 20th to see if maybe another thread was started but I didn't see anyone but us. It'll be a cozy group anyway. :grouphug:

Anyone know where I can get a DCL screensaver?

cntkg1
08-08-2006, 06:30 AM
Is guavaberry alcoholic? Curious to try it, but we're tea totalers! Don't worry, we're not snobby or anything, just a personal choice!

The guaveberry I had in St. Martin sure was alcoholic. I had a smoothie at 11:00 am at a stand right outside the ship. A tad bit early for booze. I have to admit that I felt it a little. Then again, maybe it was the fact that I guzzled it down in less than 5 minutes...Hmmmmm, you think???? :confused3

Lindy Loo
08-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Hi everyone. sorry I havent been on here much, Kind of busy, now Elouise is on pre school holidays.

We have also been away to Devon ( south West of the UK) for a week with my parents. :thumbsup2

I have been busy on the other cruise meet for our 4 nighter this Oct. Im not ignoring you all honest! :)

Hope you are all well, chat soon............ Linda x

Poohbush
08-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Poohbush,

Oldest DH?! How many DH's do you have? Are you sure you live in MD and not UT? :rotfl: (I'm just joking about the UT line, so don't flame me if anyone is from UT)

I know what you really meant, but I couldn't resist. :)

Jeff
OMG! :blush: Well, that's a very interesting typo! You all made me laugh out loud! Thanks! I really needed a good laugh today! You guys are the best!

Timon
08-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Brenda,

I sure hope everything goes well for you!! You will be in our thoughts and prayers :grouphug:

Nancy,

You can get 2 different kinds of screen savers on the DCL website. I believe you have to log in first and then go to downloads.

I am in the middle of digitally scrapping our last Disney Cruise so I have been busy with that. A little over half way done now :teeth:

I am sure we will get tons more DISers joining our thread in 3-6 months time. A lot of them tend to join in later than us die-hards :rolleyes1 We still have 437 more days till the cruise. :sad2:

cntkg1
08-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Brenda,

You can get 2 different kinds of screen savers on the DCL website. I believe you have to log in first and then go to downloads.

Thanks Cass...I found a good one on Dave's site. :thumbsup2

PrincessMom2002
08-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi All-

This is my first post to these boards although I've been browsing for about 6 months. I'm so excited! My husband and I have been considering a Disney cruise from quite some time and I think we will be cruising with you all. We really want the Oct. 20th cruise but we can't book just yet as we have to get it cleared with my husband's work. This will be our first Disney cruise. I've been pricing Disney vs. some others but we decided we'd rather pay for the experience of Disney than pay less on another. We have a son who's almost 7 and a 4 year old daughter. They both love all things Disney, especially my daughter! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

cntkg1
08-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Welcome Abby and Family!! How priviledged are we to partake in your very first post?? :love: Glad you joined us. Be sure to visit Timon's (Cass and Rob's) site. http://www.cassworld.ca/dcl2007-home.htm

You'll just love it! She is quite talented.

Hope to hear from you soon.