PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Website is virtual pedometer/garmin!

goldcupmom
03-03-2006, 02:31 PM
I found a website advertised in a magazine when I had DS19 at the dentist yesterday. It is www.gmap-pedometer.com .

You can zoom in on your streets and click out your route and it will give you supposedly accurate distances without using a pedometer. I did my walk to the gym and it seemed pretty accurate. I was impressed!

beckmrk04
03-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the site!! I've been doing 1 mile with my dog. For anyone else who tries to use the site- maybe I'm just slow- but it took me a minute to figure out how to use it. Hit record then double click to set your points.

beckmrk04
04-05-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm bumping this thread because I had to search for it again- took a new walking route and was curious to see how far I went.

Now that the weather's nice, I'll be walking outdoors more often!

TammyNC
04-11-2006, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the site. I believe I had seen this once before but had lost my bookmark.

lovetheparks
04-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Neat Site! When I walk the dogs it's almost a mile.

bigolive9
04-11-2006, 05:05 PM
That is awesome! Our walk with our dogs is about 1 mile! Now I don't have to buy a pedometer!

brandip22
04-12-2006, 09:16 PM
That's a great site! I started walking today and was wondering how far and how many calories I burned!! I know it's not exact on the calories since I was walking really fast to a tape, but it's better than nothing!! I walked over 1.5 miles- yay!

mousepartygrl
04-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Thank you for sharing that site. :thumbsup2 I love it - I have been walk/running back bay in newport beach and had no idea what the distance was. I got a little carried away and looked up Disneyland! I'm always there and walk from the parking lot to the park and have often wondered how much distance I covered between both parks. :yay: