PDA

View Full Version : Regardless of right/wrong..Using child credits??

littleshamrock
03-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Ok, flame me. I don't care. All I want to know is if WDW is seperating child and adult credits on the dining plan?? Are they still pooled together?? I have been reading a lot about this, and people say either way. I *may* end up using one or two of my DS3's credits for grandma who's coming later in the trip. Because he eats nothing (I seriously don't know how he isn't skin and bones), they would be wasted anyways. So there, you have it. Yes, I may be "cheating" the system, but I am more worried about my $$$ going to waste. Thank you!

tabrizia
03-03-2006, 12:48 PM
They are pooled still though this could change at any time.

Tinker74
03-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Don't worry little shamrock...no flames from me :sunny:
Iam interested in this as well but have been to afraid to ask ;)

I have made more Adrs than I should and I will have to pay out of pocket for 1 unless I can save 4 points by paying out of pocket for dd6.
Iam in two minds about this...I don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle of POP for dd. And I know that disney could change the rules before my trip in August anyway and seperate child and adult credits...I won't be upset if they do as its only something Iam thinking about.
Guess I'll just wait and see..but I would like to hear others experiences of Paying out of pocket.
:)

Sammie
03-03-2006, 04:57 PM
You might want to read this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=11761581#post11761581

HayGan
03-03-2006, 06:02 PM
You might want to read this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=11761581#post11761581

Yeah, yeah, we have been hearing that for a year now. :rolleyes: Each card does have the dining info on it but only one card is currently required to pay for a meal irregardless of how many credits are being used. I can't see Disney changing this as it would be such a hassle for servers to decide which card gets used for which meal. It could happen but I doubt it! It would take much longer than it does now to ring up each bill. Think about the simple process of a restaurant check now. Can you imagine paying for a bill with 4,5 or 6 different credit cards?!?!?

OP, we did this in December with my mom and NEVER had a problem!

Have a great trip.

littleshamrock
03-04-2006, 06:58 AM
Thanks everyone!! I guess I will really have to see how it is when I'm there...then I will report back to everyone!!

LoveMyBoys
03-04-2006, 01:13 PM
I just want to mention, that even though the credits might be pooled, depending on the CM, they might not let you use 3 TS credits for 3 adults, if you only have 2 adults and 1 child listed on your card.

thelionqueen
03-04-2006, 01:29 PM
I just want to mention, that even though the credits might be pooled, depending on the CM, they might not let you use 3 TS credits for 3 adults, if you only have 2 adults and 1 child listed on your card.
Sorry, but this information is completely wrong. Absolutely NOTHING is on your "Key to the World" card that implies how many people (adult or children) are on the plan. The ONLY thing it says on the card is "MYW+Dining" or "DVC Dining Plan"

They do not list the pooled credits by adult or children, nor does the CM know how many in your party on the dining plan are children or adults. There is no way the CM would know (or care) about this information unless they called the hotel you checked in at, held on line for over 15 minutes and verified. Even if they did that, you can use your credits however you want.

To OP, the credits are pooled and you can use them in ANY WAY you see fit.

jcanary
03-04-2006, 01:34 PM
how a CM could not let you use more adult or child credits at one seating. What if I decide to go shopping at the mall for a day and not eat in Disney. Then the next day I decide to have dinner with my daughter and her friend and I want 4 adult meals instead of 2 since I did not use my allocation yesterday? I would really argue if they gave me a hard time about using more than the 2 adult meals. It would mean that I would be paying out of pocket another time or maybe using 2 counter service meals in one day or are they going to start keeping track and say I can only use one counter service a day per adult. I can understand the problem with using kids credits for adults but I can not and will not take a "no" for not being able to use 4 of my adult credits at one restaurant even though there are only 2 adults on the card.

HayGan
03-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Sorry, but this information is completely wrong. Absolutely NOTHING is on your "Key to the World" card that implies how many people (adult or children) are on the plan. The ONLY thing it says on the card is "MYW+Dining" or "DVC Dining Plan"

While I totally agree with the rest of your post, this statement is actually incorrect. The key card will actually have listed Disney Dining A02 C02 (02 being the number of people in that category included on the plan)

threeboysmom
03-04-2006, 03:30 PM

They do not list the pooled credits by adult or children, nor does the CM know how many in your party on the dining plan are children or adults. There is no way the CM would know (or care) about this information unless they called the hotel you checked in at, held on line for over 15 minutes and verified. Even if they did that, you can use your credits however you want.

Actually, it IS listed on your room key. At least it was on mine! It said 2A 1C right on the card - I have it right here in front of me.

thelionqueen
03-04-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm looking at mine right now and it says "MYW+Dining"
I guess depending on when you go and where you stay it might be different. However, the pooled credits answer to the question is, and this is according to Disney, all credits are pooled and can be used in any increment at any time during your trip.

Brooknwdw
03-04-2006, 03:57 PM
HI ~ :wave:

In June 05 when we were there our cards had 2A 2C Dining on there..
so if the Cm looked close enough to my card they could see that.

Also, it was just us four so when we dined, it was obvious the # of us matched what the card said. Most assumed we were each using a TS credit, and docked us four per visit. This didn't bother me cause I wasn't trying to save them up...but just wanted to let you know that unless you say "I would like to pay OOP for Jr" upfront they will charge you.

I did have a couple of agressive CM's (one at Tony's) who said straight out before we ordered "okay, so you will be using four TS credits" & looked at me straight in the eye. Not a question, a statement.

I think some are gonna be ticky about it & some aren't. (some are probably onto the whole pooling credits thing & maybe some don't like it?....not sure...)

You may just want to be prepared at any time to be told NO, you can't pay OOP for a child. Seems unlikely but I think that server at Tony's would have thrown a fit if I'd suggested it....she seems poised for a fight.

HTH :yay:

Tinker*Shell*Bell
03-04-2006, 04:21 PM
I have a hard time seeing them telling me NO to paying oop for a child. Maybe I am out of credits, or maybe I used too many the day before for my son and need to pay today, maybe I have other plans that they don't know about that don't involve using child credits for an adult meal. I can see them not letting me buy my 5yo an adult meal on credits, I can see them splitting the credits to stop people from using child credits for adults , but I just don't see disney not letting me pay for my son's meal in cash. That simply makes no sense to me.

HayGan
03-04-2006, 04:51 PM
I have a hard time seeing them telling me NO to paying oop for a child. Maybe I am out of credits, or maybe I used too many the day before for my son and need to pay today, maybe I have other plans that they don't know about that don't involve using child credits for an adult meal. I can see them not letting me buy my 5yo an adult meal on credits, I can see them splitting the credits to stop people from using child credits for adults , but I just don't see disney not letting me pay for my son's meal in cash. That simply makes no sense to me.

Exactly! How do they know that you don't want to use a credit for a more expensive meal :confused3

Quite frankly I think Disney is well aware of how they credits are being used by some. The logistics of changing the system in any way would cause a tremendous amount of headaches and chaos! I really don't see Disney changing it much. Overall, it has been a HUGE success for them and they are definately not losing any money on it.

gabesmom
03-04-2006, 06:28 PM
I can't imagine that Disney can change the pooling plan unless they require you to use the credits one per day of your visit and at each meal. Like others have said, you can do two CS in one day; two TS in a day or none at all.

And not every family on the same plan is going to eat together at every meal. DS15 and DH will be dining apart from us on two separate occasions when we go later this month :cool1: so that I can take DS6 to character breakfasts. We know we're going have to coordinate so that we know how many credits we have, but we already know it'll be cheaper for us pay OOP for DS6 early in the week based on our ADRs and use his TS credits for the more expensive character breakfast and Hoop De Doo Review later in the week.

Does anyone see problems with that?

Sammie
03-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Exactly! How do they know that you don't want to use a credit for a more expensive meal :confused3

Quite frankly I think Disney is well aware of how they credits are being used by some. The logistics of changing the system in any way would cause a tremendous amount of headaches and chaos! I really don't see Disney changing it much. Overall, it has been a HUGE success for them and they are definately not losing any money on it.

Just curious what is your source that they are not losing any money from the Dining Plan abuses. You are right about the logistics of changing it. I don't think the change will be soon due to that, but I do think it will change.

LoveMyBoys
03-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Ok, maybe things have changed since we were there in December '05, but our card had A2 C1 listed on it. A couple of times I tried to get 3 adult CS meals at the same time, and was told that I could only get 2 adult and the third one would have to be a kids meal, since that is what my card said. Now, this happened at CS and I don't know if it would happen at a TS, but I just wanted to let the OP know, since we experienced it first hand. I am sorry if you think my information is wrong, but that was my experience in December.

Frantasmic
03-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I went in November. My family was 2 A 1 C. That WAS listed on your main card. However, when you first get there and ask for a list of your remaining credits, it lists only the total number left: 16 TS, 16 CS, 16 snacks.

You can get a list on checkout to see where you ate (good for remembering a dining review btw).

I don't think anything has changed since them.

We shared meals more than worried about using a child credit for an adult. However, by the end of the stay, I can honestly say I don't remember what credit was used where. No one gave us any problems at any place.

byoung
03-04-2006, 09:43 PM
This is a way to rip them off.

abaldacci
03-04-2006, 10:52 PM

100% agree with you ! We are saving money on the plan and they are making it hand over fist with the plan we feel like we get a deal and they see the profit coming in to disney. why change a good thing.

Pedler
03-05-2006, 05:59 AM
Just curious what is your source that they are not losing any money from the Dining Plan abuses. You are right about the logistics of changing it. I don't think the change will be soon due to that, but I do think it will change.

Not the OP but Sammie if you look at the dinning plan in the context of the overall marketing plan and then look at the quarterly financial results you would see that the overall marketing plan has been a great success. The reason I suggest looking at the dinning plan as part of something much larger than food is that you can not get it if you don't stay on site and pay rack rate for the most part and purchase a park admission ticket for at least one day for each member of your party. This along with DME keeps more people staying on site at Disney, spending more money there and spending less time and money at other Orlando attractions. Disneys own results, especially when compared to other area attractions, show that they saw a larger increase in admissions and hotel occupancy and more importantly the per capita spending went up signifigantly. For those that don't know that is the amount of money spent per guest.

The dinning plan along with DME and the new ticket pricing last year is a part of this marketing plan. You can't separate each one out an evaluate it on its own. If you do that how could they justify giving free transportation to a family of 4 to and from the airport? Or how could they justify having a family of 4 pay just $4 total for an extra days park admission that would have cost over $100 in the prior year? And in the dinning plans case how could the allow someone to pay for a kids rate but pool the credit to purchase the occasional adult meal? By themselves none of these make any sense but taken together with increased occupancy and stoping people from spending money off site it makes sense. Looking at the results for Q4 last year you can see the results of the changes.

Sammie
03-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Not the OP but Sammie if you look at the dinning plan in the context of the overall marketing plan and then look at the quarterly financial results you would see that the overall marketing plan has been a great success. The reason I suggest looking at the dinning plan as part of something much larger than food is that you can not get it if you don't stay on site and pay rack rate for the most part and purchase a park admission ticket for at least one day for each member of your party. This along with DME keeps more people staying on site at Disney, spending more money there and spending less time and money at other Orlando attractions. Disneys own results, especially when compared to other area attractions, show that they saw a larger increase in admissions and hotel occupancy and more importantly the per capita spending went up signifigantly. For those that don't know that is the amount of money spent per guest.

The dinning plan along with DME and the new ticket pricing last year is a part of this marketing plan. You can't separate each one out an evaluate it on its own. If you do that how could they justify giving free transportation to a family of 4 to and from the airport? Or how could they justify having a family of 4 pay just $4 total for an extra days park admission that would have cost over $100 in the prior year? And in the dinning plans case how could the allow someone to pay for a kids rate but pool the credit to purchase the occasional adult meal? By themselves none of these make any sense but taken together with increased occupancy and stoping people from spending money off site it makes sense. Looking at the results for Q4 last year you can see the results of the changes.

I agree that overall they are making money. I just find it interesting that some unless they are in the marketing business and study Disney's corporate earnings, can always make blanket statements about thier earnings. Your response is obviously based on facts and your undestanding of economics.

While I believe with others it is simply their excuse to scam them. Irregardless of whether Disney is making money off the plan or not, it was never intended to be used in this fashion. As to whether they will make changes, time will tell.

Also if money is being lost due to abuse of the plan, whether they change it or not that loss will be recouped somewhere else and that is the part I don't like. I really have a problem for paying for other's misuse of something. I almost find it comical that some will justify their use of the plan by stating they are just trying to get their money's worth. While the entire time Disney is putting that loss right back to them and me in some other area.

As to your comment about having to purchase tickets, etc. that was true until they added the Dining Plan to DVC.

bicker
03-05-2006, 06:59 AM
Furthermore, they can always make more money. It is irresponsible to charge less than full market value for anything, so managers have a responsibility to modify the plan, including changing the rules, to reduce its cost more than the change would reduce revenue, as well as to increase its price to the extent the added revenue would offset reduced patronage.

HayGan
03-05-2006, 07:22 AM
Irregardless of whether Disney is making money off the plan or not, it was never intended to be used in this fashion.

Completely unsupported statement Where are your facts for this statement :confused3 If you look at Disney's own marketing brochures on the plan from the begining, they have stated that credits could be used by any member of the party. There has never been anything distinguishing adult and child credits yet some insist on claiming that is what Disney intended :rolleyes:

Disney overall has been making more money due to the higher room rates being paid, higer occupancy rates and greater use of their restaurants overall. Occupancy is the key factor ain accomodations and the cost of meals/preparations is so low compared to actual prices that volume equates profits in most all restaurants. Do I have the specific math - no. But simple logical calculations can certainly describe the benefit that Disney is receiving from the dining plan. I have an MBA and I certainly understand economics - thank you very much!!!

I have used the plan according to ITS' rules! I don't follow "rules" according to those who want to claim that they KNOW what Disney intended (which is contradictory to what Disney has done and continues to do!) I'm not quite sure why some insist on call people cheaters/scammers/etc. when they are following the RULES of the current system :sad2:. I would certainly think that most people would follow those rules versus some speculation made by non-Disney personnel on an internet chat board :rolleyes:

FionaLovesShrek
03-05-2006, 07:45 AM

This was not true for us. On our cards it listed 2A 1C. At TS meals, the CM's would look at our card and then tell us what each of us could order, meaning DD HAD to order off the child's menu.

Tinker74
03-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Well said Haygan !!! :banana: :woohoo:

Why do some people insist that *they* know how disney intended the plan to be used. To call other people scammers...abusers and thieves...simply because they are using the plan totally the way disney allows them to is just laughable :rotfl2:
I thought we were supposed to help each other here? Not attack others morals for no reason at all.
Its always the same few posters as well. :rolleyes:

NMW
03-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Ok, flame me. I don't care. All I want to know is if WDW is seperating child and adult credits on the dining plan?? Are they still pooled together?? I have been reading a lot about this, and people say either way. I *may* end up using one or two of my DS3's credits for grandma who's coming later in the trip. Because he eats nothing (I seriously don't know how he isn't skin and bones), they would be wasted anyways. So there, you have it. Yes, I may be "cheating" the system, but I am more worried about my $$$ going to waste. Thank you!

DH and I talked about this, as we were able to use the old dreammaker silver plan this way. In our case we will be 3 adults, 2 children (DS will be 10, so adult price). We decided that if we were going to do a signature meal, we'd just pay out of pocket for one entire meal. It seems much easier this way. Utimately, we decided not to do a 2 credit meal this trip-just the way our choices worked out. We are trying some new places for us Raglan Road, WCC (my sons choice).

Plus, I would not under any circumstance want to deal with a server like the one someone mentioned at Tony's. I think a restaurant CAN tell you that everyone must use credits (if you have them) before you order and be within their right to do that. It's your choice at that point to leave or use the credits. A server at Kona told us this when we told her we had the DDE card before ordering (she confused the two). When we said no, not the meal plan, just the DDE card, she told us that we could do what ever we wanted. I got the distinct impression that all 5 of us would have had to use credits if we had been on the meal plan. This was Dec 05.

disneyjunkie
03-05-2006, 10:19 AM
I wish they would just charge everyone the same price for the plan, $37.99.
That way it wouldn't matter how anyone defined "pooled."

Of course then people will complain about how greedy Disney is, they just want to rip us off, blah, blah,blah :rolleyes1

It doesn't matter how loud you yell, there's something wrong with paying a child's price, then using that credit (I know, I know, "there's so such thing as a child's credit" :rolleyes: ) to feed an adult.

Disney PLEASE close the loop hole, or just raise the children's price to discourage this. :cheer2:

Of course the second option will hurt those who use the plan the way it was intended. Adult credits for adults, children credits for children.

I KNOW THERE AREN'T ANY ADULT OR CHILDREN CREDITS. :lmao:

Pea-n-Me
03-05-2006, 10:32 AM
I *may* end up using one or two of my DS3's credits for grandma who's coming later in the trip.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it this concept that the people who mention abuse of the system are referring to? We were one of the first to use the dining plan back in January 05, and I'd studied the MYW dining brochure extensively to make sure we were using it correctly. It was quite clear that the plan was intended for use for our party, i.e. those listed on our reservation, not grandma visiting a week from now. I was shocked later on to see it was being interpeted and used this way.

Sammie
03-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Completely unsupported statement Where are your facts for this statement :confused3 If you look at Disney's own marketing brochures on the plan from the begining, they have stated that credits could be used by any member of the party. There has never been anything distinguishing adult and child credits yet some insist on claiming that is what Disney intended :rolleyes:

Disney overall has been making more money due to the higher room rates being paid, higer occupancy rates and greater use of their restaurants overall. Occupancy is the key factor ain accomodations and the cost of meals/preparations is so low compared to actual prices that volume equates profits in most all restaurants. Do I have the specific math - no. But simple logical calculations can certainly describe the benefit that Disney is receiving from the dining plan. I have an MBA and I certainly understand economics - thank you very much!!!

I have used the plan according to ITS' rules! I don't follow "rules" according to those who want to claim that they KNOW what Disney intended (which is contradictory to what Disney has done and continues to do!) I'm not quite sure why some insist on call people cheaters/scammers/etc. when they are following the RULES of the current system :sad2:. I would certainly think that most people would follow those rules versus some speculation made by non-Disney personnel on an internet chat board :rolleyes:

I based my comments on conversations with the people who designed the plan and management at Disney.

If you truly think that is the rules, email Disney and ask them if you can use a child's credit to purchase an adult meal. If they had not planned there to be a difference they would have charged everyone on the plan the $10.99. I seriously doubt if you take a child to the LeCellier they will allow your child to order the adult steak with no problem.

I have never called any one a cheater/scammer. I have said the plan was not intended to be use to purchase adult meals at children's prices. There is a difference in rules and loopholes. And I will agree that the plan does allow this, but that does not make it right.

And the most interesting part of all these conversations is everyone wants to give a hard time to those of us that think it is wrong, yet we are suppose to treat those that misuse the plan with the greatest of kindness. That would be a good case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Sammie
03-05-2006, 11:15 AM

Of course then people will complain about how greedy Disney is, they just want to rip us off, blah, blah,blah :rolleyes1

It doesn't matter how loud you yell, there's something wrong with paying a child's price, then using that credit (I know, I know, "there's so such thing as a child's credit" :rolleyes: ) to feed an adult.

Disney PLEASE close the loop hole, or just raise the children's price to discourage this. :cheer2:

Of course the second option will hurt those who the plan the way it was intended. Adult credits for adults, children credits for children.

Thank you, you would think it would be common sense. Where else in the world can you pay for a child's meal and get an adult meal. No where. Some won't see this, as they don't want to see it.

KayakDaddy
03-05-2006, 11:20 AM
I've never used the Dining plan, but I'm considering adding it to our upcoming trip. From everything I've read about the plan on Disney's website, mousesavers, allearsnet, and other websites to concept of pooling credits is touted as one of the advantages of the dining plan. I haven't seen any disclaimers telling you exactly how you should use your credits. On the contrary, the plans flexibility seems to be part of their marketing. Disney's literature doesn't go so far as to recommend you use your child credits for adult meals, but mousesavers & the FAQ page here site paying oop for your child's meals as one way of getting the most out of the dining plan.

I still haven't decided if the plan is really a good deal for us (it seems like a license to overeat) so I really don't have a boat in the race. I must say however that I'm surprised by the number of preachy, holier-than-thou posters here who take every opportunity to tell others how they should spend their money. Think about what you are saying and see if you are really the type of person that people like to be around.

mickman1962
03-05-2006, 11:46 AM

Of course the second option will hurt those who use the plan the way it was intended. Adult credits for adults, children credits for children.

Logical thought processes will get you nowhere here.

DisneyPhD
03-05-2006, 12:00 PM
I have a question about paying for a childs meal when using the plan for adults. What if you have a child under the age of 3. My understanding is that they couldn't get the plan (this info came from a women on the bus who I was talking with when it 1st started, we were DVC so we couldn't do the plan then to start with.) Anyway if that is the case they are free at "all you can eat" or one set price places, not anywhere else. So unless you want them to share you would have to buy the 2 year old (or younger) a meal anyway right? Also if this was the case you could use meals your older child didn't use for them and it would not in any way be cheating the system would it? (still getting a childs meal.)

Or did they change the system where kids under 3 acutally get credits, but you don't pay for it. If that is the case I might want to look into for our next trip, because that really would be money saving.

Sammie
03-05-2006, 12:03 PM
I've never used the Dining plan, but I'm considering adding it to our upcoming trip. From everything I've read about the plan on Disney's website, mousesavers, allearsnet, and other websites to concept of pooling credits is touted as one of the advantages of the dining plan. I haven't seen any disclaimers telling you exactly how you should use your credits. On the contrary, the plans flexibility seems to be part of their marketing. Disney's literature doesn't go so far as to recommend you use your child credits for adult meals, but mousesavers & the FAQ page here site paying oop for your child's meals as one way of getting the most out of the dining plan.
I still haven't decided if the plan is really a good deal for us (it seems like a license to overeat) so I really don't have a boat in the race. I must say however that I'm surprised by the number of preachy, holier-than-thou posters here who take every opportunity to tell others how they should spend their money. Think about what you are saying and see if you are really the type of person that people like to be around.

The plan states children 3-9 must order from the child's menu. Therefore to me it is pretty easy to understand that anyone using those credit's orders from the child's menu.

As to Mousesavers and the FAQ they are unofficial sources.

As to your last comment, I could care less how anyone spends their money. I have a problem with people who think that the plan was meant to purchase adult meals at kids's prices. I could respect someone more that says it might not be the way it was meant to be used, but until they stop me I will do it. Over those that try to rationalize it.

As to my friends, I have plenty and they all agree. Most work for Disney and their conversations echo mine. But thanks for the concern.

Sammie
03-05-2006, 12:06 PM
I have a question about paying for a childs meal when using the plan for adults. What if you have a child under the age of 3. My understanding is that they couldn't get the plan (this info came from a women on the bus who I was talking with when it 1st started, we were DVC so we couldn't do the plan then to start with.) Anyway if that is the case they are free at "all you can eat" or one set price places, not anywhere else. So unless you want them to share you would have to buy the 2 year old (or younger) a meal anyway right? Also if this was the case you could use meals your older child didn't use for them and it would not in any way be cheating the system would it? (still getting a childs meal.)

Or did they change the system where kids under 3 acutally get credits, but you don't pay for it. If that is the case I might want to look into for our next trip, because that really would be money saving.

No you have it right, kids under 3 eat free and certainly if your older child did not eat their meal you can use that. In fact I know some that said their 2 year old is a big eater and they are getting the plan for them.

I have a friend that works in the management of the Dining Plan, I will double check for you, just to be sure.

DisneyPhD
03-05-2006, 12:10 PM
No you have it right, kids under 3 eat free and certainly if your older child did not eat their meal you can use that. In fact I know some that said their 2 year old is a big eater and they are getting the plan for them.

I have a friend that works in the management of the Dining Plan, I will double check for you, thought just to be sure.

Will they let an under 3 year old get the plan? When it 1st started there was no way to do it (this women I was talking with wanted to spend the $10 a day on the child.) but the system would not let them. If they did that then they had to buy a ticket for the child too. (and that would be a waste of $$$ for sure.)

Anyway if a child under 2 is not inculuded in the plan then they would HAVE to allow you to play for one persons meal, while using the card for other members. :teeth:

HayGan
03-05-2006, 12:11 PM
I have never called any one a cheater/scammer. I have said the plan was not intended to be use to purchase adult meals at children's prices.

Funny, somewhere I read this...

While I believe with others it is simply their excuse to scam them.

So they are scamming but they aren't scammers - interesting distinction :rolleyes:

There is a difference in rules and loopholes. And I will agree that the plan does allow this, but that does not make it right.

The plan allows it but you don't think it is right. So people should follow your rules versus the plan's. Make alot of sense :rolleyes:

I based my comments on conversations with the people who designed the plan and management at Disney.

So according to you, they designed it to be one way but implemented another and haven't changed it in over a year. Funny that their own literature that they designed doesn't clarify their intended (ie - your interpretation) use of the plan.

BTW, when I first received my information on the dining plan this was printed right inside the brochure:

Note: Upon check-in, all meals from the package are combined into one central account for maximum flexibility. Any Guest in the party may use the meals from this central account at any time during their package stay until all the meals are depleted.

So how did Disney not intend for the plan to be used in this manner. Yes - this verbage is gone from current literature but the plan remains unchanged. (I do have the pdf file is interested in seeing that this was indeed the wording provided by Disney at the very begining.)

Obviously, their are differing opinions of the use of the plan and no discussion here is going to sway one side to the other. Having different beliefs still does not justify insulting and name calling others who aren't using the plan in the manner you believe it should be used.

Sammie
03-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Funny, somewhere I read this...

So they are scamming but they aren't scammers - interesting distinction :rolleyes:

The plan allows it but you don't think it is right. So people should follow your rules versus the plan's. Make alot of sense :rolleyes:

So according to you, they designed it to be one way but implemented another and haven't changed it in over a year. Funny that their own literature that they designed doesn't clarify their intended (ie - your interpretation) use of the plan.

BTW, when I first received my information on the dining plan this was printed right inside the brochure:

Note: Upon check-in, all meals from the package are combined into one central account for maximum flexibility. Any Guest in the party may use the meals from this central account at any time during their package stay until all the meals are depleted.

So how did Disney not intend for the plan to be used in this manner. Yes - this verbage is gone from current literature but the plan remains unchanged. (I do have the pdf file is interested in seeing that this was indeed the wording provided by Disney at the very begining.)

Obviously, their are differing opinions of the use of the plan and no discussion here is going to sway one side to the other. Having different beliefs still does not justify insulting and name calling others who aren't using the plan in the manner you believe it should be used.

I don't think I quoted anyone and said that particular person is a scammer. If I think that misuse of the plan is scamming, that is my right. So therefore I did not call anyone a scammer. And since most of you think you are right and I am wrong, they are not scammers anyway by your definition. So no insult there.

As to why it has not changed, change can be slow coming. Does not mean they like what is going on, it means there are legal and logistics to changing it. They intended for people to use common sense in knowing that a child would eat a child's meal and those credits would be used by children to do so. As with so many things at Disney they have to go back and rewrite the policy or change something to prevent the abuse of it after the fact.

As to insulting, I guess that is open to interpretation too, as I find the rolling eyes icon insulting.

As I said if anyone emails Disney they can get clarification on this issue or you can ask your server.

Sammie
03-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Will they let an under 3 year old get the plan? When it 1st started there was no way to do it (this women I was talking with wanted to spend the $10 a day on the child.) but the system would not let them. If they did that then they had to buy a ticket for the child too. (and that would be a waste of $$$ for sure.)

Anyway if a child under 2 is not inculuded in the plan then they would HAVE to allow you to play for one persons meal, while using the card for other members. :teeth:

That would not be a problem, just as if you had someone join you that is not on the plan, you would use your plan to purchase your meals, they would pay for theirs.

So you can purchase food for your 2 year old if you need to.

HaleyB
03-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Well put HayGan.

HayGan
03-05-2006, 12:33 PM
As I said if anyone emails Disney they can get clarification on this issue or you can ask your server.

No server ever questioned how I was paying or using my credits. I even had a few switch drinks (milkshakes/sodas) between people on the plan so that we would pay less out of pocket.

No Sammie, you made the scam comment as a general comment to anyone who uses credits in a manner you don't see fit. So you were insulting many instead of one.

I still don't understand the "intent" comment as I provided documentation as to how the plan originally was presented to the general public.

Sammie
03-05-2006, 12:40 PM
No server ever questioned how I was paying or using my credits. I even had a few switch drinks (milkshakes/sodas) between people on the plan so that we would pay less out of pocket.

No Sammie, you made the scam comment as a general comment to anyone who uses credits in a manner you don't see fit. So you were insulting many instead of one.

I still don't understand the "intent" comment as I provided documentation as to how the plan originally was presented to the general public.

And you also said it is not longer presented that way.

This is getting no where, you can justify it anyway you choose. If you can take your child and purchase an adult entree for that child or get Disney to email you that you can use child's credits to purchase adult's entrees, I will say you are right.

Anything else is just conversation, which I am bowing out of. Enjoy your day.

emmabelle
03-05-2006, 12:45 PM
I think Disney intended for guests to use the honor system and not to use child credits for adult meals, I'd be surprised if anyone actually thought it would be "fair" to do this, but I'd have to say that I've bought two resort drink mugs and shared drinks between the four of us which wasn't fair either. :guilty: (guilty)

thelionqueen
03-05-2006, 01:13 PM

Very well put posts HayGan :thumbsup2 You've hit the nail on the head!
All of these "Holier than thou" posters think that the way they view the "rules" and plan is the ethical and only just rationale of the dining plan interpretation. This just isn't true.

We have NEVER been questioned in any way by any CM regarding the credits we were using (or not using). Nor were we forced to feed our children if they were not hungry (or asleep)
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce03b3127cce94e82f52d75d00000016108AbtGzNy0YuW
We were never told our children had to eat (if they did we would have ordered from the kids menu), we were never questioned when we wanted to pay OOP for a side salad instead of using an entire meal credit, nor were we looked down upon, or in any way treated like we were not using the plan as it was intended.

To the contrary, every CM we encountered went out of their way to tell us the best meal we could get, what should be avoided and how to get the best deal for our family. One of the most attractive benefits of the dining plan is it's convenience and flexibility. Something for everyone to ponder.......Flexibility.

Bottom line, do what you want with the plan and let everyone else do what they want with the plan! Obviously Disney has no issues with how the plan is working or they would pull the plug immediately. Get on with your own issues and quit judging how others use the plan in a way that is best for them.

disneyjunkie
03-05-2006, 01:36 PM
One of the most attractive benefits of the dining plan is it's convenience and flexibility. Something for everyone to ponder.......Flexibility.

I guess it depends on how you define flexibility? :confused3

When the plan was first released I took this to mean families would be able to spilt up and use the plan whenever they wanted/needed to.

Dad is out golfing or fishing, he can use the plan to grab a snack or quick lunch.

Mom and the kids are in the parks or relaxing at the resort, they can use the plan to grab a bite to eat.

Maybe your teen is in the park or DQ; he/she can grab something to eat.

The whole family can take advantage of the plan at any given time.

It never occurred to me that this meant I could pay $10 for a child, and then order dinner for myself.

If/when Disney closes the loop hole the dining plan will still be convenient and flexible.

Isnít holier than thou an insult

Tinker74
03-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Bravo haley gan!!!! :thumbsup2

As the lionqueen said you hit the nail on the head. :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
It about time we all stopped letting a sad minority try to take the moral highground. Bottom line...we are breaking NO rules!!!! :wizard:

And noone here should be called names or attacked ....we are not scammers!!
In my book that is trolling.

Tinker74
03-05-2006, 01:48 PM
I guess it depends on how you define flexibility? :confused3

When the plan was first released I took this to mean families would be able to spilt up and use the plan whenever they wanted/needed to.

Dad is out golfing or fishing, he can use the plan to grab a snack or quick lunch.

Mom and the kids are in the parks or relaxing at the resort, they can use the plan to grab a bite to eat.

Maybe your teen is in the park or DQ; he/she can grab something to eat.

The whole family can take advantage of the plan at any given time.

It never occurred to me that this meant I could pay $10 for a child, and then order dinner for myself.

If/when Disney closes the loop hole the dining plan will still be convenient and flexible.

Isnít holier than thou an insult
Disney junkie...with the greatest respect.....just because that is how you interpreted the rules...doesn,t mean every one will. I personally don't see it that way. As do many others. We are all following the rules....But some people hate it when others see thing differently . Anyone who thinks disney doesn't want anyone to use the plan in this way is a bit niave to say the least.
Disney is well aware.....this is not a loophole...its like that for a reason.
And being called holier than thou is hardly as bad as being called a thief..liar scammer...cheat....just a few of the lovely terms i have called in the past few days by a few posters. For the henious crime of asking about Valet parking and the dining plan.

Now THEY are insults...and now I just find it funny :rotfl2: Because these same posters have a long long history...of jumping in on threads with *their interpratation of the rules. Which are usually totally wrong...But they just love to take the moral highground.

What a sad and pitiful exsistence...

Pea-n-Me
03-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Regardless of right/wrong..Using child credits??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let me get this straight. In the opinion of the majority of posters on this thread, is it ok for the OP to treat non-guest grandma to an adult meal using her 3 year old son's unused child's credits? :confused3 Would appeciate your responses, I really want to know.

Tinker74
03-05-2006, 02:16 PM
I think it is up to the Op to do what she wants. After all she paid for the credits. Why oh why should it bother anyone else if she uses a credit for grandma??? :confused3
I read a lovely trip report a while ago....A really lovely family. One day at the end of their trip..they realised they had a couple of TS points left over.
Do you know what they did? They asked their server to use them to pay for the lovely couple who had been sharing their table.
This couple would of gotten a nice little surprise a little bit of disney magic when they came to pay the bill. :wizard:

What on earth can anyone see wrong in that....I thought it was a lovely kind gesture. :)

spaceacewannabe
03-05-2006, 02:53 PM
I think it is up to the Op to do what she wants. After all she paid for the credits.

1. She paid for a child's credit, not a credit for grandma. Obviously people will argue this point to death to justify it to themselves, but get real, a $10 child's credit for a $30+ adult meal? Do what you want, but don't tell me you TRULY think that's okay. I know it's nice to save money, but if you really believe that's not even the slightest bit cheating the system...well, I just hope your children are never in my classroom.

Why oh why should it bother anyone else if she uses a credit for grandma??? :confused3

2. It should bother EVERYONE else, because ultimately it will drive up the prices.

Edited to fix quotes

thelionqueen
03-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I did not mean my post to be insulting, I was just using the term I thought best described the tone of the posts I was reading.

I was one of those horrible people who had 6 TS credits left over as we were about ready to leave. We were @ Earl of Sandwich and got some sandwiches and rice krispie treats for the plane trip home and still had 6 leftover credits.

The family behind us in line had 4 kids and 1 baby and were doing everything they could to try to keep some kind of order with all of them without going crazy. I asked the lady if it would be OK for me to put their bill on my card as I was going to leave without using them. She looked at me as if I had just given her $1,000.000! She thanked me, asked me about the plan as we were waiting for our food and decided that would be the way for her family to do things on their next trip.

So, I (very unethically) gave some Disney Magic and a free meal to an unsuspecting family, probably gave Disney some Dining package customers for life and didn't let the value of my plan go to waste....I know, shocking! Someone call Disney and tell them the outrageous behavior and use of the Dining plan. I'm sure they will be appalled.

Seriously though, just do what you want and let others do what they want. How hard is that? As for the PP who treated Grandma to a meal, that is what she chose to do, who am I to judge her? Would I have done that, don't know, wasn't in that position. But I am certainly not going to judge what someone else did, they bought the plan, they use it the way they see fit...fine by me!

Tinker74
03-05-2006, 03:02 PM
1. She paid for a child's credit, not a credit for grandma. Obviously people will argue this point to death to justify it to themselves, but get real, a $10 child's credit for a $30+ adult meal? Do what you want, but don't tell me you TRULY think that's okay. I know it's nice to save money, but if you really believe that's not even the slightest bit cheating the system...well, I just hope your children are never in my classroom.

2. It should bother EVERYONE else, because ultimately it will drive up the prices.

Edited to fix quotes

How dare you bring my kids into this dicsscussion. :furious:
Iam certaintly glad my kids will never be near you you mean spirited nasty person.
That is truly low...to mention my kids. Iam reporting your post.
And I suggest you take anger managment classes...if the issue of child credits makes you so angry you insult innocent children.

bicker
03-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Some won't see this, as they don't want to see it.And this is always a source of conflict, on the Boards, as well as in life. Some people see what they're doing as so much in their own favor that that overwhelms rational logic. :) In the end, Disney will change it when they get around to it, and some people will whine about it no matter how much we warn them in advance. Hopefully, by our trying to help folks understand the reality, the number of folks disappointed when Disney does change things will be a lot less.

thelionqueen
03-05-2006, 03:07 PM

Edited to fix quotes
:sad2:
:sad2: :sad2:
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
:sad2: :sad2:
:sad2:

mickman1962
03-05-2006, 03:08 PM
And this is always a source of conflict, on the Boards, as well as in life. Some people see what they're doing as so much in their own favor that that overwhelms rational logic. :) In the end, Disney will change it when they get around to it, and some people will whine about it no matter how much we warn them in advance. Hopefully, by our trying to help folks understand the reality, the number of folks disappointed when Disney does change things will be a lot less.

Very well said.

spaceacewannabe
03-05-2006, 03:12 PM
How dare you bring my kids into this dicsscussion. :furious:
Iam certaintly glad my kids will never be near you you mean spirited nasty person.
That is truly low...to mention my kids. Iam reporting your post.
And I suggest you take anger managment classes...if the issue of child credits makes you so angry you insult innocent children.

I didn't mean to target the children so much as the parents. They learn that rules don't apply to them from their parents.

Not that anyone is going to take this to heart, but abusing the system is ultimately going to complicate things for those with children's credits. I wholeheartedly support that if your child isn't going to eat, don't order a meal. What I take issue with is planning ahead to pay oop for children's meals in order to use them for adult meals. If this abuse leads to unpooling of credits, it's going to cause real problems for people whose kids just WON'T eat at that moment. If it's just dumb, unfortunate luck that you're not able to use your children's credits...I certainly wouldn't say don't use them at all. But...if abuse leads to separating credits by child or adult, how are you going to use that leftover credit? To me, that's different. It's not a premeditated way to undermine the system; same for treating someone if you've got leftover credits.

Planning ahead and paying oop when your kids ARE eating in order to get a more expensive adult meal later...that's a "the rules don't apply to me" philosophy.

spaceacewannabe
03-05-2006, 03:14 PM
And this is always a source of conflict, on the Boards, as well as in life. Some people see what they're doing as so much in their own favor that that overwhelms rational logic. :) In the end, Disney will change it when they get around to it, and some people will whine about it no matter how much we warn them in advance. Hopefully, by our trying to help folks understand the reality, the number of folks disappointed when Disney does change things will be a lot less.

Very much agreed.

Tinker74
03-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Look...the fact is YOU DID target my children so don't try to worm your way out of it. Iam shocked beyond belief that you are a teacher????? :confused3

What a scary thought. You who insults innnocent chilren are now trying to take the moral high ground???? You are scum! I want this thread closed...if it has been reduced to MY kids being insulted.

gobnu1
03-05-2006, 03:25 PM
yet another thread about to be closed because someone doesn't actually read what someone wrote.

Tinker74
03-05-2006, 03:28 PM
She sais she is glad my kids will not be in her classroom.

Iam sorry is that not insulting to my children!!!!
The very fact that my children were even mentioned is wrong...never mind so negatively? and if you can't see that :badpc:
Iam a mother....I will always stand up for my kids. This is a thread about the dining plan....parenting skills should not be Questioned??? Can't you see that?

Pedler
03-05-2006, 03:35 PM

I have to admit that I would be suprised if Disney did change the plan. If we assume that only a minority are using the plan as pooled credits and getting more TS meals for adults then they would have without pooled credits and take into account the cost differential between the plans we may not be talking about a lot of money here. I say that when compared to implementing a change that will effect everyone that uses the plan. An effect that will require them to train all of the staff at the restaurants on how to ring up meals as child vs. adult credits, require reprogramming the computers and then have to deal with the inevitible mistakes that will happen and correct them. Given that the simplicity and flexibility of the dinning plan is part of its attraction and helps fill hotel rooms and has other financial benefits beyond the food service area I wonder if they really would want to change it and risk they potential problems just to avoid a small percentage of people that use the plan in this manner.

The reason I say I would be suprised at this point if they made a change, at least not until the begining of next year, is that during the free dinning promotion you had abuse on an large scale. People creating fictional children just to get the plan, outright fraud. If at any point if they wanted to change the plan you would think that would have put them over the edge. They still would have had enough time to implement a change for this year. Instead they haven't done anything. I know these changes take time but I don't really think there is a legal issue. As one poster said contractually it is gray and Disney does say they can change the plan at anytime.

Just my .02.

spaceacewannabe
03-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Look...the fact is YOU DID target my children so don't try to worm your way out of it. Iam shocked beyond belief that you are a teacher????? :confused3

What a scary thought. You who insults innnocent chilren are now trying to take the moral high ground???? You are scum! I want this thread closed...if it has been reduced to MY kids being insulted.

No, I insult guilty adults :guilty: You're interpreting it as an insult to your children because it's easier than acknowledging that you're setting the example that the rules only apply when they're convenient.

I do like being clean, so perhaps I have a bit of soap scum build up. Thanks for pointing it out ;)

mickman1962
03-05-2006, 03:42 PM
I have to admit that I would be suprised if Disney did change the plan. If we assume that only a minority are using the plan as pooled credits and getting more TS meals for adults then they would have without pooled credits and take into account the cost differential between the plans we may not be talking about a lot of money here. I say that when compared to implementing a change that will effect everyone that uses the plan. An effect that will require them to train all of the staff at the restaurants on how to ring up meals as child vs. adult credits, require reprogramming the computers and then have to deal with the inevitible mistakes that will happen and correct them. Given that the simplicity and flexibility of the dinning plan is part of its attraction and helps fill hotel rooms and has other financial benefits beyond the food service area I wonder if they really would want to change it and risk they potential problems just to avoid a small percentage of people that use the plan in this manner.

The reason I say I would be suprised at this point if they made a change, at least not until the begining of next year, is that during the free dinning promotion you had abuse on an large scale. People creating fictional children just to get the plan, outright fraud. If at any point if they wanted to change the plan you would think that would have put them over the edge. They still would have had enough time to implement a change for this year. Instead they haven't done anything. I know these changes take time but I don't really think there is a legal issue. As one poster said contractually it is gray and Disney does say they can change the plan at anytime.

Just my .02.

If Disney is anything like most of the large companies I have worked for, than any change they make is done at a very glacial pace.

Tinker74
03-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Actually Iam not feeling guilty at all. why should i FFS i haven't even been to disney yet. Yet because i got involved in a disscussion about the dining plan...suddenly iam a bad mother mother who,s children are not wecolme in your classroom.

But of cousre I misinterprated that did I????

Iam shocked at your lack of morals to be honest. I couldn't care less about who does what with the dining plan...but I will care when some lunatic starts calling my kids. You haven't even the grace to apologise. :confused3

In fact your sarcy face seems to find it funny.??? Are you really a teacher? :sad2:

mickman1962
03-05-2006, 03:47 PM
before this thread gets closed what is FFS?

Tinker74
03-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Sorry Mickman..I think it must be a british thing..if you don't know what it means??
Iam from the UK.

spaceacewannabe
03-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Actually Iam not feeling guilty at all. why should i FFS i haven't even been to disney yet. Yet because i got involved in a disscussion about the dining plan...suddenly iam a bad mother mother who,s children are not wecolme in your classroom.

But of cousre I misinterprated that did I????

Iam shocked at your lack of morals to be honest. I couldn't care less about who does what with the dining plan...but I will care when some lunatic starts calling my kids. You haven't even the grace to apologise. :confused3

In fact your sarcy face seems to find it funny.??? Are you really a teacher? :sad2:

ALL children are welcome in my classroom...their behavior just tells me a lot about their parents.

I know, I'm so immoral, getting what I paid for instead of trying to sneak more through. Yup, I'm scum :rolleyes: (and yes, I do think that's funny)

Tinker74
03-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Thank you everyone for the supportive PM's :wizard:
Its nice to know some people still have the disney magic. :sunny:

Tinker74
03-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Spacewannabei have nothing to say to you.So troll elsewhere. :sunny:

Pedler
03-05-2006, 05:38 PM
If Disney is anything like most of the large companies I have worked for, than any change they make is done at a very glacial pace.

On that I think we are in total agreement. :thumbsup2

Pedler
03-05-2006, 05:44 PM
No, I insult guilty adults :guilty: You're interpreting it as an insult to your children because it's easier than acknowledging that you're setting the example that the rules only apply when they're convenient.

I do like being clean, so perhaps I have a bit of soap scum build up. Thanks for pointing it out ;)

Spaceacewannabe,

I don't think there is cause to insult anyone and yes, I do think saying someones children are unwelcome in your classroom is a fairly insulting thing to say. Not only are you insulting the adult but you are saying you would hold it against the kids as well. That is definitely over the top and I think you do owe an apology. You may not have meant to say what you said but it did come across as pretty harsh.

As for your comment about the rules only apply when they are convienient I have yet to see where anyone has shown that the use of combined credits in any manner a person wants to use them is agains the rules. Even if it is a loophole it is still allowed and still within the rules. The only rule that people seem to think it is against is one that they make up. Even folks like Sammie I think admit that this is an allowed use as the plan is currently set up.

spaceacewannabe
03-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Spaceacewannabe,

I don't think there is cause to insult anyone and yes, I do think saying someones children are unwelcome in your classroom is a fairly insulting thing to say. Not only are you insulting the adult but you are saying you would hold it against the kids as well. That is definitely over the top and I think you do owe an apology. You may not have meant to say what you said but it did come across as pretty harsh.

I'm done commenting on the dining plan, as I know that those who choose to take advantage will continue to do so and those that don't feel it's right already know it.

HOWEVER...I did NOT say that anyone was unwelcome in my classroom. In fact, I specifically mentioned that all students are. The "unwelcome" comment was added by others. If that child showed up in my room, I'd readily work with them and treat them as I'd treat any other child, which includes the expectation that they follow the same rules everyone else does.
So, harsh as it may be, read my post before demanding an apology of me.

DisneyPhD
03-05-2006, 07:59 PM
I belive the OP asked "Regardless of right or wrong" and requested this thread not become a debate of that issue. I think some helpful information regarding the ins and outs of the dining plan has been given. However it has turned into a debate, compelte with hurt feelings and insults.

Let's all clam down some and take a deep breath. I don't think insulting kids is good, but I also don't think spaceacewannabe intent was to insult anyones children. I have never seen her behave as a troll before either. Tinker74, while I understand the mama bear instint to defend your children, your reaction as a rather intense and equaly insulting ( direct name calling,) As adults let's try to set a better example and play a little nicer shall we? :blush:

KayakDaddy
03-05-2006, 08:23 PM
I am a lawless thug who's kids are destined to be barbarian hethans!

I've walked into MK with a Gatoraid and a granola bar in my pocket - smuggler!

I've cut up the extra patty from a bacon double cheeseburger for my young DS to eat at the Electric Umbrella, thus avoiding paying for a meal for him - dining swindler!

I've brought oatmeal packs to eat in our resort room on a park morning to get a quick start - cheating Disney out of Breakfast money again!

I've used the "Chuck Bubba" strategy on Dumbo as outlined in the Unoffical Guide, allowing DS to ride with DW without having to wait in line again - how rude!

I routinely drive a little less than 10 Mph over the speed limit - reckless potential vehicular homicide perpetrator!

And worst of all - I've entered the fastpass line to Tower of Terror after the fastpass window had expired - Anarchist!

My children should immediatly be removed from our home!

I hope at least someone was in the mood for a little humor. ;) As I posted earlier, I've never used the dining plan so I don't have boat in the race.

Pedler
03-05-2006, 08:25 PM
I know it's nice to save money, but if you really believe that's not even the slightest bit cheating the system...well, I just hope your children are never in my classroom.

FYI I did read your post. I think your qoute speaks for itself. There is no universe where your above statement is OK. This is the DIS at it worst.

Pedler
03-05-2006, 08:27 PM
I am a lawless thug who's kids are destined to be barbarian hethans!

I've walked into MK with a Gatoraid and a granola bar in my pocket - smuggler!

I've cut up the extra patty from a bacon double cheeseburger for my young DS to eat at the Electric Umbrella, thus avoiding paying for a meal for him - dining swindler!

I've brought oatmeal packs to eat in our resort room on a park morning to get a quick start - cheating Disney out of Breakfast money again!

I've used the "Chuck Bubba" strategy on Dumbo as outlined in the Unoffical Guide, allowing DS to ride with DW without having to wait in line again - how rude!

I routinely drive a little less than 10 Mph over the speed limit - reckless potential vehicular homicide perpetrator!

And worst of all - I've entered the fastpass line to Tower of Terror after the fastpass window had expired - Anarchist!

My children should immediatly be removed from our home!

I hope at least someone was in the mood for a little humor. ;) As I posted earlier, I've never used the dining plan so I don't have boat in the race.

I am aghast! Next thing you are going to say is that you bring candy from the outside into movie theaters! pirate:

Russell
03-05-2006, 10:23 PM
This has been an interesting thread. I have been considering the dining plan for our trip in September. After reading this I do have some observations.

It's hard to see how anyone is "cheating" Disney by using child's credits for an adult meal. The food is expensive and the plan locks people into dining exclusively in Disney. Also, this come as a benefit for paying more for rooms at a Disney resort than they would for a comparable room outside of Disney.

In other words, Disney makes more money off of the people using and manipulating the dining plan than they would if they were not on the dining plan in the first plan.

So I've decide not to use the plan.

With my wife, 11 year old son, and 7 year old daughter, we simply do not need all the food the plan provides. Now I have the amazing flexibility to pay out of pocket for my daughter's meal. I can split a meal with the wife if I want to. I can get the large bucket of popcorn and not the small as a snack. Or I can just go to my room and order Giordano's pizza for $25!

jonkatony
03-06-2006, 03:51 AM
Tinker74, I am from the U.K, what is FFS?

bicker
03-06-2006, 04:23 AM
I belive the OP asked "Regardless of right or wrong" and requested this thread not become a debate of that issue.That was an unreasonable request. This is a public board. The advocating of deception or dishonesty cannot take place with impunity.

Tinker74
03-06-2006, 04:35 AM
Bicker... you can not advocate dishonesty...as you see it so feel you have to step in and show the right way to us lesser mortals....But you seem fine with innocent children being slated on a message board.
I think you have your priorities a bit screwed. :confused3

Uncleromulus
03-06-2006, 04:38 AM
Well-it's a board where reasonable discussions of DISNEY-RELATED Dining Plan issues can take place without PERSONAL attacks on motives, etc.
And this thread has passed that point and is now closed!!!