PDA

View Full Version : Wonder 2/26/06

zoesmama
03-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Wow....Loved it. Having taken other cruises I was truly impressed from the moment I entered the terminal.

Will write with full report later.

We had exciting morning on the way to MCO with our Mears bus catching on fire and having to pull over in the middle of busy merge lane. Very hectic trying to keep all the children from running out into the highway!

4mickeyfans
03-09-2006, 08:46 PM
We were there with you ...at the Radisson, on the ship, and behind you on the highway - we saw your bus and wondered what happened?!?!

Did they send a new bus, or shuttles, or what? I wondered how efficient Disney handled such an issue.

Glad you had such a wonderful trip - ours was magical, too, even better than the first time :sunny:

zoesmama
03-10-2006, 04:16 PM
The fire dept., state police and mears all showed up right away. We were lucky that we had some quick thinking guys onboard who got all the luggage off the bus while we, "the women", corralled the kids. Also we had a fireman onboard who, along with our great bus driver, put out the fire.

We were on our way in what seemed like less than 20 minutes.

4mickeyfans
03-10-2006, 06:23 PM
What a WILD way to end your trip :crazy:

Thank God everyone was ok!

So what caused the fire...did the engine just overheat?

zoesmama
03-12-2006, 12:49 PM
We have no idea what caused the fire and we didn't really have time to ask. We were pulled over right next to a merge lane so we were dealing with oncoming traffic and trying to keep the kids safe*. We had about 3 feet of grass by 15 feet to stand on and on the other side of the merge lane we had 2 feet by forever but were next to the swamp. Alligators lurking about. Oh boy.

*There was a teenage girl who was on her cell phone the entire time we had to evacuate and just walked right into the merge lane and almost got hit by a car. Good thing the driver was alert or she would have been roadkill toast.

mm lover in Ia
03-14-2006, 09:54 PM
All that excitement b4 and after we are destined to go again, right? :firefight