PDA

View Full Version : July 23rd 2006 4 Day Cruise Disney Wonder, anyone?

Madisonave225
03-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi,

Anyone going on the July 23rd Disney Wonder cruise to the Bahamas? Would love to hear from you. This is our first cruise ( my daughter 8 and I) and I cannot wait!!!!!

Amy

Zsa Zsa
03-19-2006, 11:31 AM
My daughter is 12 years old but gets along well with younger kids. Maybe they can e-mail so they can feel more comfortable before the cruise?

Let us know! We're excited too!

Zsa Zsa

triptaker
04-14-2006, 09:29 PM
We just switched to this cruise this morning. Myself and DD aged 13.

Triptaker

starwood
05-01-2006, 07:04 AM
Thank goodness - I thought we were the only ones going.

Triptaker -

We are myself DH and DS who will be turning 14 on the 24th. I'm sure DS will be more than happy to show your DD around the ship.

I wanted to add that we are staying at the Radisson the night before so if anyone else is staying there let me know. Maybe we can get together before we sail.

starwood
05-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Bumping up in case we have any newcomers.http://users.bigpond.net.au/wishart/images/smilies/dog[1].gif

starwood
06-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Here are my proposed door signs - let me know what you think.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/starwood2000/cruise5.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/starwood2000/cruise4.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/starwood2000/cruise3.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/starwood2000/cruise2.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/starwood2000/cruise1.jpg

triptaker
06-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Oh I love the Water Mickey (or is it a bowling ball with ears?)... Either way I love it.

Still working on ours....

triptaker

Event: Disney Cruise
Scheduled For 7/23/2006 10:00 AM
1 month 13 days 21 hours 28 minutes 24 seconds or
6 weekends or
44 days or
1,053 hours (702 waking hours) or
63,208 minutes or
3,792,503 seconds

starwood
06-09-2006, 12:31 PM
I think I'm leaning toward Crusin' with the Mouse. I'll probably make more than one. I need to get more ink for my printer before I start printing.

Zsa Zsa
06-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Starwood:

Really nice! Don't forget you can change them and put on different ones every day of the cruise!

Can you believe how close we're getting? Also, where are all of our fellow passengers?

Anyhow, if I can, I'm going to ask my daughter to post our door signs. I'm not too good at that yet.

Thanks for sharing!

starwood
06-10-2006, 07:04 AM
I guess we'll just have the ship all to ourselves.

Zsa Zsa

Sign up for an account with photobucket. Then put your pictures in an album there. They will give you an img url. Just copy and paste the url into your post here.

I'm so in need to a Disney fix right now. It's been almost a year since I've been to Disney and then it was Disneyland and not WDW.

We're having a garage sale today to try to get rid of some junk. I'm looking forward to putting my extra money into the vacation fund.

starwood
06-15-2006, 07:06 AM
I just got finished reading the thread on the cruise board about how airlines don't want you to bring magnets on board. :confused3 We had no trouble in August. I can't believe there would be a problem with 1 or 2 magnets.

Anyone here with early dinner rotation? DS suggested that maybe we could try to get the same table.

Zsa Zsa
06-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Starwood:

We are having the early seating and I believe triptaker does also. You are most welcome to join us.

I heard about the magnets, but I also heard conflicting stories. I'm planning to bring some, and if they get removed from my luggage--oh well! I may also ship a box of stuff to my cabin in advance if I get organized enough. That way it can just go through the mail, and it won't be an issue on the flight.

See you soon!

triptaker
06-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Hey, we have another family going with 20 people.... I just posted and sent her the link to this thread ( http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=13090696#post13090696 )

We are getting closer (and so are my door signs - closer to getting done that is LOL)

It is now Saturday 6/17/2006 at 9:11:35 PM
1 month 5 days 12 hours 48 minutes 25 seconds or
5 weekends or
36 days or
852 hours (568 waking hours) or
51,168 minutes or
3,070,104 seconds

starwood
06-18-2006, 09:15 AM
I can't imagine having to make arrangements for 20 people! I made all arrangements for 7 people on DCL and 9 people in DL last year and I was pulling my hair out.

I'll have to find out how to make arrangments for dinner companions.

As far as the magnets go I'm doing the same thing. I'll put it in my checked luggage and if it's still there when we land fine if not - oh well!

triptaker
06-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Found another family going - Colorado DISers - they mentioned in the post above (the family of 20 post) that they are also on the 23rd of July cruise.

starwood
06-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Does anyone think its too early to start packing? I'm really getting ready to go on this cruise.

Maybe we should start getting used to our real names - we are Nancy, Mike (DH) and Matt (DS) who will be turning 14 on 7/25.

triptaker
06-18-2006, 07:56 PM
We just emptied our suitcases from a trip last week, and DD has yet another trip to go on, so I can't pack until the 8th of July :(

starwood
06-19-2006, 07:30 AM
I guess we should be getting out documents sometime in the next week or 2. That's how I know we are getting close.

Matt has Middle School "graduation" tonight and then band activities all summer long. His last day of school is Thursday.

We are flying out on Friday 7/21 so we have a little more than a month to go. :yay:

Matt has been going over the menus and I think he has decided on what he wants to eat every night of the cruise (not counting his many trips to Scoops). :mickeybar

triptaker
06-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Okay, we'll be able to find your DS, ZsaZsa's DD and my DD anytime we want - at scoops :grouphug: I'm sure LOL!

We are flying in on the 20th of July, so tomorrow makes it 1 month for us. The passport website says DD passport is supposed to be received on or about the 20th of June, so hopefully it will get here soon...

Still have church youth group camp to get through, but after that, its clear sailing (all puns intended) for us.

It is now Monday 6/19/2006 at 4:14:37 PM
1 month 3 days 17 hours 45 minutes 23 seconds or
4 weekends or
34 days or
809 hours (539 waking hours) or
48,585 minutes or
2,915,122 seconds

starwood
06-20-2006, 07:14 AM
For any cruise newbies out there.

DS found this http://www.mousetimes.com. Go to multimedia. They have videos of the
Wonder. Animators Palate, Nassau, Castaway Cay, Pirate Night pirate: , Sailaway party :boat: .

The Animators Palate one is a little dark but you get the feeling of it.

triptaker
06-23-2006, 08:31 AM
It is now Friday 6/23/2006 at 8:46:31 AM
1 month 1 hour 13 minutes 29 seconds or
4 weekends or
30 days or
721 hours (481 waking hours) or
43,273 minutes or
2,596,408 seconds

Once on the cruise, if anyone is looking for starwood or triptaker - we just recently found out that our cabins are right next to each other - port side - midship - deck 6. (it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small small world)

Melody80
06-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Hello! My family (20+ people) will be going on the July 23rd cruise as well :banana:

Im sorry it took me so long to get here. Ive been so overwhelmed I forgot all about the link triptaker sent to me.

Im so excited! This is my familys first Disney Cruise. Its also the first time Ive ever traveled with the kids. Ive been searching these boards looking for any helpful information to get us ready.

What do you all plan to do when we port? Are you donig any excursions?

starwood
06-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Hi Melody :wave:

We are booked for the Discover Atlantis tour in Nassau and we're doing the glass bottom boat on Castaway Cay. I'd almost like to just stay on the ship and relax but I've never been to Nassau.

1 month from today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

:Pinkbounc :cool1: :bounce: :banana: :cheer2: party:

In case anyone is interested there is a rocket launch on 7/22. Here is the info from Nasa.

July 22
A two-year mission to provide a unique and revolutionary view of the Sun-Earth System.
Launch Windows: 3:11 - 3:13 p.m. and 4:19 - 4:34 p.m.

Zsa Zsa
06-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Welcome Melody!

Wow! 20 people--that's a lot! Are you all on the same floor of the ship?

In Nassau, we're doing the Thriller Powerboat and a little shopping, then back to the boat for the rest of the day!

It will be fun no matter what you do--it's a VACATION!

Starwood: Thanks for the info about the launch. Hope it doesn't cause travel delays for people coming in a day early on the cruise! I read somewhere that the launch delayed airline travel and stuff for some other cruisers. It would be really cool to see the launch!

Triptaker: Can you BELIEVE it's only one month away today? Seemed like it would take forever to get here!
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

triptaker
06-23-2006, 05:56 PM
Welcome Melody!

Triptaker: Can you BELIEVE it's only one month away today? Seemed like it would take forever to get here!

Melody... Ditto for me!.... Melody - do you have any 12-14 year olds in that group of 20?

Zsa Zsa - If today is anything like the next month, it will NEVER get here... this day has just drug on and on... BUT.... I think I did get my door signs all done - hubby is going to take them to work next week and see if he can make them better (he has all the engineering printers(!!)) - Then I'll take them to Kinkos to have them laminated, and figure out how to get the magnetic tape on them that I purchased.

Hey.... I got a little white dry erase board at Wal-Mart today for under $4.00 -- thought that might be a good thing for all the kids to use - think we all might be able to get one to add to our doors?

Starwood - Does DS have any inclination/desire of going on the banana boat at Castaway Cay? Zsa Zsa's DD and my DD (just the kids, not the parents) are going on it at the same time, I can send you the info if your DS would like to join them.

triptaker (is it time to leave yet?)

starwood
06-24-2006, 07:47 AM
DS was thinking of doing the stuff on the teen beach (the wild side). I"m not sure how comfortable I am with that. He had tubes put in his ears in early May and he gets some pain when he goes underwater. Right now I think he's planning (he's VERY big on planning) on the teen beach until around 12, then lunch and around 2 we are doing the glass bottom boat.

Are we there yet?

Melody80
06-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Zsa Zsa - Yep we booked last week and all ended up on the 6th deck, back of the boat. All but my grandpa have inside rooms. He wont be getting off the boat and wanted to be able to look out from his room. We got luck, we are all right in a row with grandpa right across the hall.

Trip Taker - No 12-14 yr olds but we have 15, 16, 17 yr old girls. The rest of the kids in the group are really small children

Okay some explain the 'door sign' thing to me. Im a new cruiser. What are they? What are they for? What are they made of?

starwood
06-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Melody

The door signs are made on magnetic paper (I got mine at Staples). The doors are metal and the signs stick on the outside. They are fun and make it easier to find your room. I made some for our last cruise in August and someone stopped me in the hall to thank me for making it because it was the only way they could find there room! :rotfl2:

Looks like we have an assortment of ages on the ship. My DS will be turning 14 on 7/24. Look for the people having a party at dinner. party: :cake:

triptaker
06-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Melody: This post wil tell you everything you ever wanted to know about door signs, and never thought to even ask:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=838817&highlight=door+sign

Also.. can we convince the 17 year old to keep an eye out and let us know if our 13-14 yer olds are not behaving themselves? LOL!

triptaker

triptaker
06-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Zsa Zsa - Yep we booked last week and all ended up on the 6th deck, back of the boat.

Starwood and I are also on the 6th deck on the port side.

starwood
06-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Let's take over deck 6.

triptaker
06-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Let's take over deck 6.

okay, so I'm cruise challenged, we are NOT on the Port side, we on on the other side......

Hey Zsa Zsa, there are some rooms still open on 6 (cat 6) if yo u want to downgrade LOL!

starwood
06-25-2006, 11:04 AM
This is exciting (from another post) :cool1:

" The Flying Dutchman has arrived!
Yesterday (June 24th) I had a wonderful day at Castaway Cay.

While my husband & I were laying in a hammock, we saw the Flying Dutchman (the new boat from the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean Movie) being tugged over the horizon.

It stayed pretty far out from the island - the silhouette could be seen from the Family Beach quite easily, and from where the Wonder was docked I could easily recognize it as the Flying Dutchman.

The glass-bottomed boat excursion we were on later took us a little closer, but they had to get back in time for the next excursion so we couldn't go all the way out. However - the Seahorse Snorkeling boat went right up next to it.

Back on the Wonder we went up to deck 10 and brought out the binoculars for a great view!

Even better, we were sitting in one of the window-seats at Diversions when the Wonder left the island, and it brought us right up close to the Flying Dutchman - we got an amazing view from the window!

None of the castmembers seemed to know how long it would be there, if it was going to be docked closer to Castaway Cay, or any additional information. Most of them were as excited and "in awe" of it as we were!

From one side the Flying Dutchman is perfectly "finished" off - but on the other side the lower half of it indeed shows it to be a movie prop, hehe. It apparently functions as a regular boat, but was being tugged around (no sails - lol). I saw a couple of people (the boat's "handlers" I guess?) walking on the deck of it through my binoculars.

It really was a magical experience!!!"

cjsmith
06-25-2006, 12:14 PM
We're officially booked! :cheer2:

My family will be joining you all for the 7/23 sailing on the Wonder. This will be our 5th Disney cruise, though we haven't been in a couple of years as we've been going on Princess. It will be my husband and I and our 3 kids. I have a daughter is just 18 and 2 sons, 14 and 16.

If I seem a bit strange on the first day, don't take it personally. It's our first cruise after being on the March 19th Star Princess cruise that caught on fire and I have a feeling that I'll be a bit nervous on the first day.

starwood
06-25-2006, 01:32 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif

We have DS who will be turning 14 on 7/24! Where is your cabin located? Most of us seem to be on deck 6. triptaker is right next door to us. It would be really funny if you were on the other side.http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

Looks like we're getting a great crew together. Let the party begin.http://bestsmileys.com/party/5.gif

cjsmith
06-25-2006, 02:59 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif

We have DS who will be turning 14 on 7/24! Where is your cabin located? Most of us seem to be on deck 6. triptaker is right next door to us. It would be really funny if you were on the other side.http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

Looks like we're getting a great crew together. Let the party begin.http://bestsmileys.com/party/5.gif

My son will have just turned 14 on 6/30! We're on deck 5, which is where we've always been when we sailed.

triptaker
06-25-2006, 06:50 PM
DD just got her passport in the mail yesterday (well, really today [Sunday] since we did not go to the mailbox yesterday), so I just went online and did all the online documents - yeah - I feel one step closer to being there!!!!

If any of the DS's want to join the two 13 year old girls on the banana boat, they are doing the boat ride from 11:00 to 11:30am.

My DD and Zsa Zsa's DD are currently talking on the landline right now, I'm sure planning up a storm....

cjsmith - welcome!

Can we figure out a place to meet on the first day, so we can all at least introduce ourselves in person?? Anyone have any good ideas? This is the first time I have ever been on a cruise, so I'm hoping to just be able to find the cruise ship LOL!

If you guys have not read: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=629204
I'd suggest it - my DD got a postcard from piglet this week and it was a hit, even with her being 13!

Also, not sure about anyone else, but we have decided to make the "non-formal" night a "formal" night.... http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1146448 -- anyone care to join us?

Oh, and one last thing, I just bought the Passporter DCL book today at the local bookstore - it was $18.95 and has a lot of good stuff in it. Its not like the regular passporter book, its just like a regular paperback book. I'd recommend it if you have nothing else - Melody80, I got it at Books-A-Million
at the Mills Mall outlet store.

triptaker

Zsa Zsa
06-26-2006, 05:17 AM
Hi everyone! Welcome cjsmith! Wow, your 5th Disney cruise--maybe with your experience you can suggest a good place/time to meet! Also, how old were your kids when they first started cruising? Have they always love it?

starwood-wow-that is really cool news about the Flying Dutchman! My husband loved the first Pirates movie, and it will be really awesome if we can see the new one on the cruise!

triptaker: The girls had a really good time talking last night! Hey-I never read that "Pay it forward" thread--thought it was only for people who have already cruised! Do you think it's too late to make a request? Also, that is a really great idea to do it up really formal on formal night. Will you be doing your hair up too? We don't have any really long dresses, but we'll have on some nice dresses! My hubbie doesn't want to do the tux thing though. Not sure what to do with him for that night yet.:confused3

melody80: Is this the first cruise for your grandpa and family? How many rooms are you all occupying? Do you all have any excursions planned?

Bye for now! (It's coming soon!!!!!):cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

triptaker
06-26-2006, 07:42 AM
Zsa Zsa - no, I don't think its too late - and your DD woudl probably be as thrilled as my DD (she knew I had something to do with it, but was not sure exactly what - darn her being 13 and not 4 LOL!)

DD and I both got our hair cut short recently (so now neither of us look like our passport picture) so doing our hair on the cruise will be very easy to do. :cheer2:

One tip I got out of the passporter book last night:

(Para phrased) quote:
You have to close and open your room safe with your keys to the world card.
The person who closes it is the only person who can open it. If you bring another magnetic coded card (ex: a library card wtih the magnetic strip) - use that card to open and close the safe and then put the card in a place where everyone knows where the card is. Any card with a magnetic strip will work, and then you don't have the "whose key did we last use, OR where is so & so's key so I can open the safe times"
Unquote (Para Phrased)

Why does the time seem to be going by so slowly?

tripaker

Melody80
06-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Man Im getting excited!

Trip taker - I havn't heard of the passport book. I guess I better go check it out!

Zsa - I think most of us have all cruised once before on our own but never Disney. I have only been on one other cuise but I didn't really prepare for it. It was a gift for our honnymoon so I just got on the boat and enjoyed. This is the first family vacation we have all taken together in a long time. All my aunts, uncles, cousins, and so on will be there. Im so excited to have everyone be there!

starwood
06-26-2006, 08:59 AM
I didn't realize you could use any card with a magnetic strip to open/close safe. I guess any credit card would do also. What a great idea.

It's been raining here since Saturday and it's predicted to continue through next week. :headache: I"m looking forward to a nice dry ship.

Melody80 - the passporter is great - lot of helpful information. You might want to check half.com and see if you can get one there.

27 Days 0 Hrs 42 Mins 52 Secs :hourglass

cjsmith
06-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Yes, you can use any card for the safe, even your costco card. I prefer the safes on Princess where you punch in the numbers just like in a hotel.

We've taken 4 Disney cruises, 2 4 nights and 2 7 nights but the last time we went Disney was in January 2004. Since then we've done 3 Princess cruises, including 1 10 night out of Southampton, England throughout the northern European capitals with the kids. My husband and I also have a southern caribbean booked on the Crown Princess for 11/4/06.
My kids first time cruising was when they were 10, 12, and 14 I think and they LOVE it. They're not quite sure how they feel about going back on Disney to be honest now that they're 14, 16 and 18 as the teen programs on Princess really are much better.
Our last cruise on the Star Princess in March was a disaster of course yet they're ready to get back on a ship and cruise again. My husband and I feel like being on a ship that doesn't look like Princess may actually be easier so it hopefully doesn't bring back nightmares.

I'm not exactly sure where we met on the last few Disney cruises, but it was up on the top deck after sailaway. We should also plan on something inside since you never know with our rainy season here in Florida whether or not it will be raining for sailaway.

One tip I can give you all (unless you already know this) is to bring plenty of $1 bills with you. I always leave some tucked away in a drawer for easy access for when anyone orders room service. We always order up coffee in the morning to have our on the verandah and it's much easier to do this than always open up the safe early in the am.

triptaker
06-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Just today's update

ItIt is now Wednesday 6/28/2006 at 8:01:26 AM
25 days 1 hour 58 minutes 34 seconds or
3 weekends or
25 days or
601 hours (401 waking hours) or
36,118 minutes or
2,167,113 seconds

starwood
06-28-2006, 10:22 AM
Anyone else staying at the Radisson the night before or going to WDW after? I'm thinking of doing the Rainforest room. Anyone else? I was so busy on the other 3 cruises I never got around to it. Too much laying around by the Quiet Cove pool.

Looking forward to seeing some sun soon.http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/6.gif

24 Days 23 Hrs 21 Mins 11 Secs

triptaker
06-28-2006, 10:43 AM
We will be staying about an hour away at a friends house in Florida, so will drive in the morning of the cruise, but we are expecting to get there about 9:30 am so that when they open the parking lot, we can be one of the first ones in. One of us will go check in while the other parks the car.

Don't think we will do any SPA things - somehow I just can't get past the prices.... here in town a (very well done) 1 hour massage is only $39.00 - so when I look at the prices being charged on the cruise line(s), I just can't justify it.

DD has decided to do matching T-shirts for the three of us for each of the days there- so went and purchased them yesterday -- am busy washing them now, so we can make them -- that should make packing much easier LOL! She has spent the last three days designing them all, so I can't wait to help her make them and then be able to show off her work on the cruise.

Also, Big Lots (do you have them where you guys all live?) has the really big round floats on sale for $5.99 (the same price as Disney rents them for), but they have a cord around them so you can hook up and float together with each other holding the cords. They are different colors, so they are easy to spot/keep track of. They are flat so they are easy to pack also. I thought I'd let you know in case anyone might be interested. I bought three of them (along with goggles for the banana boat).

I really have to stay out of the stores -- everytime I turn around I see something that would be "just great" for the crusie LOL!.

DarthVader92
06-28-2006, 05:39 PM
I am starwood's DS. I am encouraging all teenagers that will be on 7/23 wonder to visit a new thread. I started a thread ONLY for teens. I will plan get-togethers and other things that we can ALL do together.

DV92

cjsmith
06-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Anyone else staying at the Radisson the night before or going to WDW after? I'm thinking of doing the Rainforest room. Anyone else? I was so busy on the other 3 cruises I never got around to it. Too much laying around by the Quiet Cove pool.

Looking forward to seeing some sun soon.http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/6.gif

24 Days 23 Hrs 21 Mins 11 Secs

We'll be visiting Disney on Saturday and then staying at the new Residence Inn by the port at night. We only live about 4 hours away from port down in Naples but I want to be there at 10 am when the port opens and dont' relish the thought of leaving here at 6 am.

starwood
06-29-2006, 05:47 AM
This is my son's thread for the teenagers in the group.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1150684

Also, Big Lots (do you have them where you guys all live?) has the really big round floats on sale for $5.99 (the same price as Disney rents them for), but they have a cord around them so you can hook up and float together with each other holding the cords. They are different colors, so they are easy to spot/keep track of. They are flat so they are easy to pack also. I thought I'd let you know in case anyone might be interested. I bought three of them (along with goggles for the banana boat).

You do realize you will need to inflate these? :teeth: I hope you have a lot of breath and aren't asthmatic. I do like the idea that they have cords - I wish CC had them. Maybe if you ask the CM nicely they will use their air pump on them. It's worth a shot!

triptaker
06-29-2006, 08:57 AM
You do realize you will need to inflate these? :teeth: I hope you have a lot of breath and aren't asthmatic. I do like the idea that they have cords - I wish CC had them. Maybe if you ask the CM nicely they will use their air pump on them. It's worth a shot!

Last Christmas, at 90% off, I was able to get a foot air pump - its smaller in nature, and I plan on bringing that with me - hopefully it will work.... we are going to try it out prior to the cruise, since we are going to the beach one day - if it doesn't work well, I may be back to renting them on land LOL! It was the cords that drew me to them.

cjsmith
06-30-2006, 12:46 PM
It's amazing to see that there are still so many cabins left for our sailing. Hopefully it won't sell out to 100% and keep some of the crowds down.

How is everyone coming with their plans for the cruise? Anyone planning on doing anything exciting in Nassau?

DarthVader92
06-30-2006, 02:58 PM
It's amazing to see that there are still so many cabins left for our sailing. Hopefully it won't sell out to 100% and keep some of the crowds down.

How is everyone coming with their plans for the cruise? Anyone planning on doing anything exciting in Nassau?

I still can't believe that our cruise isn't sold out yet. The Shore excursions for Nassau are booked!!!!!! Me, starwood, and my dad are doing Discover Atlantis on Nassau and the Glass Bottom Boat Scenic Voyage (in hope to see the Flying Dutchman).

DV92

Melody80
06-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Anyone have any infor on the Flying Dutchman? I know its at Castaway Cay but thats all I know. Will the glass bottom boat get you up closer to it or something?

cjsmith
06-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Got my documents today, well the new abbreviated package of documents anyway! It's pretty amazing considering I just booked the cruise last Saturday and paid on Sunday.

Doing the doc dance!!! :cool1:

triptaker
06-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Got my documents today, well the new abbreviated package of documents anyway! It's pretty amazing considering I just booked the cruise last Saturday and paid on Sunday.

Doing the doc dance!!! :cool1:

I want my docs!!!!! Anyone else get theirs yet?

So, DD decided we all (as in the three of us in our stateroom) needed to dress alike - okay, sorta alike, she does not want to match the two adults 100% (go figure)... so, Hobby Lobby has T-shirts on sale for 1/2 off (thank goodness, because 3 T-shirts ended up in the trash!).... Now, after doing three different shirts, it was fast becoming obvious we needed glue on letters. Now, the problem was, we needed 617 (!!!) glue on letters – I could pay for anther cruise at the cost of that…. So, 3 yards of black material, fusible glue, and gothic stout heavy printed out letters, I proceeded to cut out letters. I am now happy to say that all 617 letters have been cut out and peeled.

I am now printing out the pictures on transfer paper, and well, soon, 18 T-shirts will have been created. This should make packing a little easier LOL! Now, I can’t wait for you guys to see her designs.

We only have 1,957,583 seconds -- Where are my docs????????????

triptaker

starwood
06-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Woo Hoo! Let the documents arrive!

triptaker
07-01-2006, 07:27 AM
Another family got their Docs - Colorado DISers just posted that they also got theirs via UPS - I went and checked outside my front door (thinking I never check the front door) and no Docs there either.... :sad2:

Also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cruise-ID-Lanyard-Pouch-Travel-Document-Set_W0QQitemZ280000513102QQihZ018QQcategoryZ1310QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is an item for holding your KTTW, etc. It is not big enough for your passport, but, I got three of them, and the guy mailed them out pronto also. If you have not gotten anything (some people get the big dry box, but that does not hold a passport either) this might be a good thing to keep track of where stuff is (??)

triptaker

cjsmith
07-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Another family got their Docs - Colorado DISers just posted that they also got theirs via UPS - I went and checked outside my front door (thinking I never check the front door) and no Docs there either.... :sad2:

Also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cruise-ID-Lanyard-Pouch-Travel-Document-Set_W0QQitemZ280000513102QQihZ018QQcategoryZ1310QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is an item for holding your KTTW, etc. It is not big enough for your passport, but, I got three of them, and the guy mailed them out pronto also. If you have not gotten anything (some people get the big dry box, but that does not hold a passport either) this might be a good thing to keep track of where stuff is (??)

triptaker

Yes, we got our UPS. Not sure why Disney still sends their docs this way. Princess actually does regular mail.

starwood
07-01-2006, 10:15 AM
I just did the online check in for myself and DS (don't have DH's passport info to do his). Very easy. BUT the mail came and went with no docs. :( We booked through Costco so I have to wait for them to send the docs.

21 Days 23 Hrs 26 Mins 57 Secs until cruise

19 Days 15 Hrs 26 Mins 36 Secs umtil we leave for Florida!!!!

Colorado DISers
07-01-2006, 11:11 AM
:thumbsup2 As triptaker said, we did receive our docs last night. I was surprised to see them so early. Let the doc flood gates open for all. This will be a our first cruise and we are looking forward to meeting some great people and having the time of our lives. :banana: :banana:

triptaker
07-02-2006, 07:33 AM
The disposable waterproof cameras are on sale this week at target for $6.22 each. Good time to get some if you don't have any, or maybe pick up a few more.

triptaker
07-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Just bumping this up so I don't have to go looking for it :-)

Actually, as I have been tied to my printer for the last 5 minutes or so, I decided to see how many rooms were left on the cruise... this is what I found out:

Cat 4: GTY only
Cat 5: 2 rooms
Cat 6: 7 rooms
Cat 7: 8 rooms
Cat 8: 1 room
Cat 9: GTY only
CAt 10: GTY only
Cat 11: 8 rooms
Cat 12: GTY only

So, it looks like it is getting pretty sold out. Also looks like if you are in a Cat 9-12, you might be upgraded to a 6 or 7 if you are lucky.

19 more days to go....

DarthVader92
07-03-2006, 06:34 PM
I called the # for info on movies. They told me that these movies are scheduled but are subject to change.
Pirates Curse of the Black Pearl AND Dead Man's Chest
The Wild
The Shaggy Dog
Eight Below
Stick It
Narnia
Stay alive
And others.

Hope you all are happy!!!!!!!

19 Days 21 Hours 7 minutes 15 seconds until we depart Port Canaveral!!!!!!!!!!

cjsmith
07-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Just bumping this up so I don't have to go looking for it :-)

Actually, as I have been tied to my printer for the last 5 minutes or so, I decided to see how many rooms were left on the cruise... this is what I found out:

Cat 4: GTY only
Cat 5: 2 rooms
Cat 6: 7 rooms
Cat 7: 8 rooms
Cat 8: 1 room
Cat 9: GTY only
CAt 10: GTY only
Cat 11: 8 rooms
Cat 12: GTY only

So, it looks like it is getting pretty sold out. Also looks like if you are in a Cat 9-12, you might be upgraded to a 6 or 7 if you are lucky.

19 more days to go....

Is this from Disney's site? In may not take into account those cabins held by the large TA's as they won't show up as available on Disney's site.

triptaker
07-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Yep, I took it directly from disneycrusie.com

cjaynes
07-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi,

Anyone going on the July 23rd Disney Wonder cruise to the Bahamas? Would love to hear from you. This is our first cruise ( my daughter 8 and I) and I cannot wait!!!!!

Amy

Hi,
We are going on the July 23rd cruise. It is our first cruise also. We have a 3yr old boy and a 6yr old girl.

starwood
07-05-2006, 07:07 AM
cjaynes

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/3.gif

triptaker
07-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Hi,
We are going on the July 23rd cruise. It is our first cruise also. We have a 3yr old boy and a 6yr old girl.

Welcome to the cruise - it will be my DD (age 13) and my first cruise also.
Most of us seem to be on the 6th or 7th deck so far.

triptaker

Melody80
07-05-2006, 12:51 PM
:wave: Welcome! My 3yr old son will be sailing with us as well :thumbsup2

cjaynes
07-05-2006, 02:33 PM
We are on the 8th deck. We are staying at the Radisson the night before we leave. I think I saw some others were staying there also. We are also going to Disney after the cruise. Anyone else? I saw some menus for the restaurants, but I didn't see a childrens menu. Do they have them?

Cherri

triptaker
07-05-2006, 06:00 PM
:yay: <--- thats me doing the DOC dance.... ours got here today.....

re: kids menu --> I sent you a PM with a link in it - don't know if I can post it here since it is not on the DIS boards.

triptaker

starwood
07-06-2006, 05:18 AM
Cherri

We're staying at the Radisson. I want to have dinner at the Grill which is along the water. If we can get there by 4:30 or so we can see the Magic sail past at 5:00. We are also spending 4 days at WDW after the cruise. We are staying with our DVC at the Beach Club. DS has our entire itinerary planned. Where are you staying?

DarthVader92
07-06-2006, 06:08 AM
Cherri

We're staying at the Radisson. I want to have dinner at the Grill which is along the water. If we can get there by 4:30 or so we can see the Magic sail past at 5:00. We are also spending 4 days at WDW after the cruise. We are staying with our DVC at the Beach Club. DS has our entire itinerary planned. Where are you staying?

Yes I do have the entire itinerary planned. We're using ridemax for our visit to the magicalest place on earth. If anyone wants info on ridemax check out www.ridemax.com

DV92

jbaker1118
07-06-2006, 12:29 PM
This is all new to me, been reading the disboards for a couple of days trying to figure everything out we are cruisin with you on 7/23 my best friend her mother and her son 8 and my daughter 11. I guess I'm going to try to figure out the door signs, it looks complicated can anyone simplify? :wave2:

cjsmith
07-06-2006, 12:52 PM
This is all new to me, been reading the disboards for a couple of days trying to figure everything out we are cruisin with you on 7/23 my best friend her mother and her son 8 and my daughter 11. I guess I'm going to try to figure out the door signs, it looks complicated can anyone simplify? :wave2:

Cruised 4 times on Disney and never did the door signs. Actually it seems like they've gotten a lot more popular since I last crusied because it's not something that we saw a lot of last time.
If you want to do it got for it but if you don't, don't worry about it as many cruisers are not on the disboards and therefore don't know anything about it. We won't have anything so you won't be alone if you don't.

By the way, welcome to the Disboards and to our cruise!

jbaker1118
07-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the info, I won't stress about it. If it happens it happens.

starwood
07-06-2006, 04:51 PM
jbaker1118

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/1.gif

Just relax and have fun. I'm still waiting for my documents.http://bestsmileys.com/hyper/9.gif

DarthVader92
07-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Today I got my pirate shirt NOW I have to look for the final touch, but NONE can know till 7/25 (Pirate night).

DV92

16 DAYS 22 HOURS 28 MINUTES 0 SECONDS TILL THE WONDER DEPARTS

DarthVader92
07-07-2006, 08:06 AM
I've told the teens already about the meeting place. I told them the Teen Beach @ 10:30AM. I also told them if their is an interference with ANYTHING, then tell me and I'll reschedule it for another day and/or time.

DV92 :darth:

DarthVader92
07-09-2006, 05:44 AM
I still need to hear from MANY TEENS ABOUT THE MEETING PLACE. I've only heard from triptaker's DD and Zsa Zsa's DD.

WHERE ARE YOU??????????????????????????

289 hours till me, starwood, and starwood's DH leave. WHERE ARE THE DOCUMENTS???????????????

DarthVader92
07-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Is anyone planning on a DIS Meet and greet sometime on the ship? Me, Zsa Zsa's DD, and triptaker's DD, are deciding on are teen meet and greet can be on the ship with the DIS "adults." LETS START DISCUSSING!!!!!!!!!!

Dv92 :darth:

starwood
07-10-2006, 12:59 PM
My documents should be coming today. I called Costco and they said they were sent out June 6th :confused3 . The went from Portland to Seattle to Kentucky to Parsippany to Saddle Brook (as of this morning).

Is anyone in doing a DIS meet around 3 in the Promenade Lounge?

DarthVader92
07-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Exactly 15 minutes ago, the UPS truck pulled up outside and gave us OUR DOCUMENTS. FINALLY I CAN DO THIS :banana: :dancer: :stitch:

DarthVader92
07-13-2006, 07:35 AM
I think I speak for starwood and myself, that we are a little "scared" that we haven't heard from many DIS members for a while. We ALL need to decide on what time we should ALL meet.

Hope to hear from someone soon!

triptaker
07-13-2006, 09:00 AM
DarthVader - I'm thinking no one right now knows anything..... I know that I have no idea what is going to happen once I get to the terminal, let alone how I am going to find anyone at the terminal. I know we plan to get there early, but traffic could hold us up since we are not staying at the port the night before. I figure once on board, we will probably have a better idea of who is doing what, when, where and how. Since this is our first cruise ever, we are not 100% sure of anything at the moment.... All I do know is that I plan to eat lunch on deck (meaning not in a dining room) and let DD go swimming, and/or explore the ship until we can at least get into our room.

Triptaker and DD

starwood
07-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Triptaker

I will probably be wearing my Dis shirt so look for me. We usually eat at the buffet for lunch (I love eating outside rather than in a restaurant).

10 Days 0 Hrs 52 Mins 12 Secs
240 hours
14451 minutes
867075 seconds

DarthVader92
07-13-2006, 01:32 PM
DarthVader - I'm thinking no one right now knows anything..... I know that I have no idea what is going to happen once I get to the terminal, let alone how I am going to find anyone at the terminal. I know we plan to get there early, but traffic could hold us up since we are not staying at the port the night before. I figure once on board, we will probably have a better idea of who is doing what, when, where and how. Since this is our first cruise ever, we are not 100% sure of anything at the moment.... All I do know is that I plan to eat lunch on deck (meaning not in a dining room) and let DD go swimming, and/or explore the ship until we can at least get into our room.

Triptaker and DD

I can take your DD exploring, because I need her to go to Aloft first thing to sign up and get the navigator. As my mother said about eating at Beach Blanket Buffet, it is better because they have a REAL GREAT Sail away buffet, complete with THE BEST SHRIMP COCKTAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait. Me, starwood, and starwood's DH leave in 7 days!!!!!!!!!!!

triptaker
07-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Triptaker

I will probably be wearing my Dis shirt so look for me. We usually eat at the buffet for lunch (I love eating outside rather than in a restaurant).

10 Days 0 Hrs 52 Mins 12 Secs
240 hours
14451 minutes
867075 seconds

I will have on a pink T-shirt with princesses on the front, and the back says Disney Cruise 2006 on it. Look for 2 of those shirts and maybe 3 if I can get DD to wear hers LOL! I'll also PM you my cell phne number.

I figure finding you will be real easy, I'll just knock on the door next to mine : :thumbsup2

starwood
07-13-2006, 04:57 PM
One week from today I will be all packed and the suitcases will be waiting at the door.

Just relax and don't worry about embarkation - it's a breeze. Once you get on the ship just get a Konk Kooler and chill by the pool.

starwood
07-14-2006, 07:34 AM
I called Disney last night and, if anyone is interested in sharing a table at dinner, PM me either your last name or reservation #. We can fit 8 at a table and we are 3 so we can fit 5 more people at our table - if anyone is interested.

This time next week we should be on our way to the airport!

triptaker
07-14-2006, 08:07 AM
PM sent

triptaker (this time next week I shall be waking up in Florida)

cjsmith
07-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Just reserved my room at the Comfort Suites so we can use the Atlantis facilities. Hopefully I'll still be able to hang with everyone as we technically only get 4 wristbands. I guess time will tell. Believe it or not but the Atlantis is bascially sold out with the exception of the Harborside.

What is everyone doing while in Nassau?

I've been busy watching the tropics and so far all is well. Hopefully everything continues to stay nice and calm.

Hope you all have a great flight and/or drive down to Florida and all get down here safely.

DarthVader92
07-14-2006, 01:43 PM
We're doing Discover Atlantis.

Does anyone want to schedule and meet and greet together on the first day? We're getting closer AND CLOSER!!!!!!!!! Most likely at 3 in promenade lounge on sunday. Anyone agreeing on this?

Zsa Zsa
07-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Starwood:

Have sent PM. Thanks so much for arranging this. It's very thoughtful of you!

Thanks for the Alert - Triptaker!

It will be a fun to sit next to people we have gotten to know.:cool1:

It's getting a little hectic now. Have a load of last minute things to do. So excited! Leaving in a couple of days!!!!!

Darthvader:

My DD will be happy to meet. Maybe at the 1st day's teen meet? Not sure, but I know we will all run into each other!

See everyone soon!

DarthVader92
07-15-2006, 05:13 AM
:lmao: Darthvader:

My DD will be happy to meet. Maybe at the 1st day's teen meet? Not sure, but I know we will all run into each other!

See everyone soon!

Still I believe that the adults should get together as well. Me and the other teens want to get together and I'm sure all adults will want to meet each other.

Hey, I got a funny dream that I had last night. I was walking in the DCL terminal and I noticed that IT LOOKED EXCATLY THE SAME!!!! Except, that at the boarding part of the terminal, their was NO MICKEY ARCHWAY!!!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: At that po9int I knew it was a dream!

triptaker
07-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Hey, this time next week, we will be seeing Nassau – yeah!!!!

It is now Monday 7/17/2006 at 7:57:17 AM
6 days 2 hours 2 minutes 43 seconds or
0 weekends or
6 days or
146 hours (97 waking hours) or
8,762 minutes or
525,762 seconds

starwood
07-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Are we there yet?

This wait is killing me. All day yesterday we kept saying "one week from today we will be..." I hope Zsa Zsa is having a good time.

DarthVader92
07-17-2006, 08:03 AM
SOON WE WILL BE LEAVING AND THE VACATION WILL OFFICALLY BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck to Zsa Zsa. Hope they made it. NEXT FAMILY BOARDING FOR VACATION IS.......who............? I believe it's TRIPTAKER WHO IS LEAVING THURSDAY. GOOD LUCK GETTING DOWN THERE. WE'LL SEE YOU ON THE SHIP. THEN, FINALLY STARWOOD, DARTHVADER92 :darth: AND MIKE WILL BE LEAVING ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave2:

cjsmith
07-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Everyone have a safe flight down here this week and see you all on Sunday. We're heading to Disney World Friday for the night and then we're staying at the new Residence Inn at Port Canavarel Saturday night and onto the Wonder on Sunday.

DarthVader92 I'm sure you will meet my sons once on board. Alex is 14 and I'm sure he'll be in the teen club.

triptaker
07-19-2006, 05:27 PM
We are leaving at 4:30 in the morning to get to the airport - the plane looks like it is 100% full - we are really hoping that they will ask for people to volunteer to take a later flight - gotta love those free tickets, we will be raising our hands!!!

See you all on Sunday!

triptaker and DD

starwood
07-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Have a great trip and we'll see you Sunday. Looks like we are expecting thunderstorms Friday afternoon (when our flight leaves). I'm keeping my fingers crossed we don't have too much of a delay.

DarthVader92
07-20-2006, 05:48 AM
WELL THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME! TRIPTAKER HAS NOW LEFT AND TONIGHT WE WILL BE DROPPING OFF THE CATS AT MY GRANDMA'S AND TOMORROW AFTERNOON WE LEAVE. WE HAVE A SCHEDULED FLIGHT OUT OF NEWARK AIRPORT AT 3:00, AND WE'RE GOING TO TRY FOR A 2:00 FLIGHT IF WE CAN! WE ARE SCHEDULED TO GET INTO ORLANDO AT 8:30. THEN SUNDAY WE'LL BE SEEING EVERYONE!!!!

SEE YOU ALL ON SUNDAY!!!!! :woohoo: :wave2:

DarthVader92
07-21-2006, 05:34 AM
WE ARE DUE TO LEAVE IN SIX HOURS!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED! IN CASE ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING TOMORROW, WE ARE GOING TO LEAVE THE EMBASSY SUITES AND DRIVE TO THE PRIME OUTLETS AND/OR DOWNTOWN DISNEY. THEN WE SHOULD ARRIVE AT THE RADISSION HOTEL BY 12 OR 1. WE WILL BE HAVING DINNER AT THE GRILL TO SEE THE MAGIC GO BY FOR IT'S 7 NIGHT VOYAGE TO COSTA MAYA! THEN I'LL SEE YOU ALL ON SUNDAY! CAN'T WAIT! GOOD LUCK TO ALL FLYING DOWN! :wave: :woohoo: :wave2:

GOODBYE FOR NOW

triptaker
07-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Well, hopefully DarthVader92 and family were finally able to get out of New Jersey - they sorta got stuck there due to bad storms. Talked with Zsa Zsa and her daughterr today - they were off to Island of Adventure this morning, and we have less than 24 hours to go to meet all whom we have been talking to.

tirptaker

starwood
07-31-2006, 05:57 PM
We're home safely. How about everyone else. I had over 2000 junk e-mails on yahoo to get rid of in addition to a whole bag of mail to sort through. I miss the world already.

Zsa Zsa
08-01-2006, 05:11 PM
We're home safely. How about everyone else. I had over 2000 junk e-mails on yahoo to get rid of in addition to a whole bag of mail to sort through. I miss the world already.
Welcome back! How was the meal deal in WDW? It's tough to be back. However, signed up for the Med Cruise in July 07 on the boat. This will keep us excited for a while! It was great to meet you and your family!

starwood
08-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Way to go!

I have almost all of my receipts for our meals and snacks and I just need to get them all together and add it up. I know we would have spent more if we had paid for the meals than through the meal plan (our lunch at Coral Reef was $136!).

Zsa Zsa
08-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Way to go!

I have almost all of my receipts for our meals and snacks and I just need to get them all together and add it up. I know we would have spent more if we had paid for the meals than through the meal plan (our lunch at Coral Reef was $136!).

Starwood:

If you pm me with your e-mail address, I'll send you a link to some pics we took of you, your family, triptaker, etc.

Just sent it to triptaker.

DarthVader92
08-07-2006, 06:17 AM
Starwood:

If you pm me with your e-mail address, I'll send you a link to some pics we took of you, your family, triptaker, etc.

Just sent it to triptaker.

can you send it to me too? I am close to being done with my transfering of the stuff I filmed. If you would like DCL and/or WDW, let me know.

gichicdoc
08-21-2006, 08:32 PM
:offtopic:
Please excuse my intrusion but I can't seem to get any help from the normal board :guilty:
Since you have done the Wonder 4 day, I thought perhaps someone in your group might be able to help.
Did anyone do the Nassau boat Regatta racing shore excursion and can you tell me how it was?
I think this is a relatively new shore excursion and really no one has posted on it yet.
We have two teens (both currently 13) and I am worried that they may not find it interesting.
Please help if you can,
Michelle

Zsa Zsa
08-22-2006, 06:20 PM
can you send it to me too? I am close to being done with my transfering of the stuff I filmed. If you would like DCL and/or WDW, let me know.

Sure - just send me your e-mail address in a PM.

Zsa Zsa
08-22-2006, 06:21 PM
:offtopic:
Please excuse my intrusion but I can't seem to get any help from the normal board :guilty:
Since you have done the Wonder 4 day, I thought perhaps someone in your group might be able to help.
Did anyone do the Nassau boat Regatta racing shore excursion and can you tell me how it was?
I think this is a relatively new shore excursion and really no one has posted on it yet.
We have two teens (both currently 13) and I am worried that they may not find it interesting.
Please help if you can,
Michelle

Sorry - they did not offer this excursion during our cruise. We did go on the Thriller powerboat in Nassau, and my 12 year old (2 mos from 13) loved it!