PDA

View Full Version : May 5th 2007 Western Magic CINCO DIS MAYO!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

pppiglet
03-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Ok....I'm starting this because I didn't find another thread. I just switched from 4/21/2007 cruise to this one since they just added this week and it's our 25th anniv. week and my DH birthday week! Can't wait to go! :cool1:

lunsusie
03-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks for starting a thread for the May 5, 2007 Western.

I called DCL yesterday morning and changed our "phantom" resservation that we made on board last fall to this cruise. We had been hoping for an early May Western or Eastern before the Magic leaves for the Med. So glad it worked out. I will be traveling with DS who will be 18 then
party:
Susie

LostGirls
03-02-2006, 09:59 PM
We'll be joining you!! Our last cruise was a 7 day Western in May 2005. I can't believe we get to go again!!! :cool1:

CRSNDSNY
03-03-2006, 12:15 PM
We are tentatively booked for this one. We were hoping this particular week would open up before the Magic went elsewhere for the summer and so glad that it has!

I'm crossing my fingers that all goes well and we'll be cruising with you all!
SO, why don't we start some introductions?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WE ARE: Melody, DH & DD
This is our 5th Disney Cruise (we've done 3 4-nighters and 1 7-nighter)
It is our daughter's 1st Disney Cruise and we'll be celebrating her 2nd birthday.

So far we're on deck 2, CAT9
We have first rotation dining.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Updated to add:
We switched to the April 14th Eastern. We went away during the same week in May this year that this cruise is scheduled for next year and it was just too difficult to get away from work at this time. I cannot do that again next year.

So BON VOYAGE everyone! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

lunsusie
03-04-2006, 06:21 AM
SO, why don't we start some introductions?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm Susie and will be traveling with DS Andy. This will be our 5th DCL cruise, as we have been on three 4-night Wonder cruises and will be sailing again on May 27, 2006 on the specail Western cruise to Costa Maya with a double scoop of Castaway Cay!

Look forward to meeting all of our fellow DISers here on the board and getting to know everyone before the cruise.
:dumbo: :goofy: :figment: :simba: :stitch: :tigger: :donald:

LostGirls
03-06-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm Lynn, traveling with DH, and DD's ages 5 and 9, and my parents. Our last cruise was May 2005. We are currently on Deck 2, but my Mom is thinking about upgrading to a balcony, so we'll see. (We got lucky and were upgraded to balconies last time, but I am not counting on the pixie dust hitting us twice!) :goodvibes

pppiglet
03-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi...glad you found me! I am Debbie and it will be me, DH Jim, and DS Tyler (he will be 23 by the time we cruise). It will be our 2nd Disney Cruise. We did the West Coast last June and loved it! We had a verandah on Deck 7 last time and this time went down to a Navigators verandah to save a little money. Looks like we will be on Deck 7 again though. We also have main seating so far. Late seating last time was just too much food too late!

Since we have never been/flown anywhere before, we have decided to tag on 3 days at WDW after the cruise since we might never get back there! I have a lot of planning ahead of me!

pppiglet
03-09-2006, 04:00 PM
So how soon will you all book your flights and rental cars and hotels? I really need help with my planning!

CRSNDSNY
03-10-2006, 07:39 AM
I think we'll try to stay with our Starwood points at the new Sheraton at port the night before. That I'll probably book sometime after the first of the year next year.

Flights I'm going to wait for a Southwest DING! fare, OR, if Allegient is still flying at a closer airport for us, I'll book there once those rates come out.

LostGirls
03-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Can we book flights this far out? I haven't even checked. I'll be shopping for deals - Sidestep helps find them (another DIS member told me about it). Last time we stayed the night before at the Hyatt at the Orlando airport - it is super nice and very convenient - especially since our flight was delayed and we didn't even get to our room until almost 11:00 PM Florida time! (My parents booked the room and with their AAA membership we got them for $134). Florida Tours drove us to the Port (I'd do that again too). We stayed at the Radisson the day we got off the ship. It was fine, but I'd like to try Ron Jon's this time if possible. I think the thing I am most excited about this time is being able to book Palo on line - and we can avoid the "Ressie Rush" - although that wasn't even bad. It will just be a litle more relaxing not having to do it. Today I pre-ordered the 3rd edition on the PassPorter - if you have previously purchased one you get 30% off. Don't know how much is new, but it was very useful last time, and reading it will get me excited about going - it's just so far out... glad I have you guys to keep me company! :goodvibes

pppiglet
03-10-2006, 09:25 PM
We are planning on staying at the Hyatt at MCO also the night before. My DH wants to rent a car to drive to the port the next morning. Afterwards I guess we will rent a car to get to WDW area. We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge and doing the parks for 3 days before we go home. Haven't figured out any flights yet...new to that!

And I got our room switched to the one next door and it was one of the reclassified cat 5's, so now we have a verandah!

LostGirls
03-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Pppiglet,
Tell me about the reclassified catagory 5's. I'm not sure I know what they are.

pppiglet
03-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Well...we booked a Navigator cat 7 to save money. Last time we had a Cat 5. There are 4 rooms that are really regular balcony/verandah rooms, but are the same price as cat 7 Navigators because one side of the balcony view is cut off by the side of the ship. These are the last rooms that start before the Navigator rooms. Sooooo what we justdid was switch from 7622 to 7620. The 4 rooms would be 7120,7620,6134,6634.
When I got 7620, 7120 was already booked. I didn't check on the other 2. They might still be available since a lot of people don't know that this week of sailing has been added.

LostGirls
03-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the info. We'll probably stick with what we've got because we have connecting rooms with my parents. But we were upgraded to a balcony last time, and boy, was that nice!!

KimberlyC
03-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Edited To Add:
:welcome: We can't wait to sail! :sail: Join the Roll Call by posting that you (and your cast of characters) will be joining us! Here we are so far (in order of appearance)....

UPDATE: Concensus is that we Cinco Dis Mayo Disers plan to meet on May 5th after embarkation and before the safety drill at about 3:15 pm on Deck 3 in the Promenade Lounge for a short meet and greet. Hopefully everybody will be able to make it!

pppiglet (from La Mirada, California) = Debbie + DH Jim + DS Tyler (23). Happy 25th Anniversary! :lovestruc
lunsusie (from central Florida) = Susie + DS Andy (18) = NOT GOING :(
LostGirls (from Seattle, Washington) = CAN'T GO :(
CRSNDSNY (from Pennsylvania) = CAN'T GO :(
KimberlyC (from SE Michigan - Detroit burbs) = Kim + DH Brian + DS Devin (almost 3)
The Kirks (from Florida) = Kim + DH Carl + Dstepson Carl (15) + DD Kaylin (9) AND MIL Kay, BIL Nathan, SIL Kathy, DNiece Alexis (~2), DNephew Kyle (__)
Sherrie (from Wallingford, Connecticut) = Sherrie + DH Ron + DGrandDaughter Katie (8)
Erin1998 (from Ontario, Canada) = Erin + DS_____ (8)
Married2Grumpy (from Long Island, New York) =CAN'T GO :(
kimsue68 (from southern New Jersey) = CAN'T GO :(
Babs417 (from Somerdale, New Jersey) = CAN'T GO :(
michellej2000 (from southern New Jersey) = CAN'T GO :(
GreatWhiteNorth (from Alberta, Canada) = Angie
lilo62 (from Greenwich, Connecticut) = CAN'T GO :(
OUtwinmom (from Wichita Falls, Texas) = Jennifer + DH Mike + DD Mandy (5) + DD Shannon (5)
wdwpirates (from Massachusetts) = Kerri + DH Jim
LibraryGoddess (from Lancaster, Pennsylvania) = Tricia aka Patti + DH Mark + DS Travis (21) + DS Marcus (14)
gallafamily (from Virginia) = CAN'T GO :(
MickeyD (from Washington) = Lisa + DH Doug + DS Ryan (17)
kandyk (from Auburn, Washington) = CAN'T GO :(
WillyDogs (from Chicago, Illinois) = _____
Pappy (from Leeds, UK) = Liz + DH Neil
CruiseBoundnKY (from central Kentucky) = Karen + DH Jason + DD Courtney (9) + DS Dakota (4)
lorilicapri (from Seattle area, Washington) = Heidi + DH Shane + DS Ryen (8) + DD Hailee (5)
Madisonznana (from Murietta, California) = Karen + DH Bob + DGrandDaughter Madison (5)
pacercolt (from Fort Wayne, Indiana) = _____ + DH _____ + DD _____ (15) + DD _____ (8) + DSis_____ + DBIL_____
tinker1420 (from central Florida) = Allison + DH Neil+ DD Jordan (4)
BLTOH (from Ohio) = Tracy + DH Keith + DS Jonathon (15) + DD Amber (4)
ward1 (from Deleware) = Drew + 5 adults and 4 kids
ankh01 (from The Netherlands) = Ilona + Kyra (the two DDG's - Disney Dutch Girls)
saltwater taffy (from the Catskill Mountains) = __________ + DW_______ + DBIL_______ + DSIL_________
MOMMYMOUSEOF2 (from Lakeway, Texas) = Heather + DH Jason + DS Kyle (5) + DD Kailey (2.5)
vlf32 (from Innsbruk,Austria) = Veronica + DH ________ + DS ________ (3) + extended family
mbw12 (from Southern NJ) = Bobbi +DH Marc + DS Reid (9) + DD Regan (7) + Bobbi's parents
UKANGEL(from Berkshire, England) = Mandy + DH Mark
seeboo (from Wyoming) = Zanna + DH Martin + DS Stone (7) +DD Zoie (4). Stone is turning 7 on embarakation day :bday:
BethRudy (from Quebec, Canada) = Beth + DH Steven + DD Jaycie (just shy of 10) + DS Ryan(7) + DFIL Art + DMIL Sharon + DSIL Tara + DBIL Paul +DNephew Kyle (4)
happychik912 (from Parkville, Maryland) = Sherri + DH Beau + DS Vince (12) + Isabella (4). Beau is turning 40 onboard :bday:
schulzdisneylovers (from Shreveport, Louisiana) = Jackie + DH Bill. Happy 2nd Anniversary! :lovestruc
wfma (from Boston, Massachusetts) = ________
ToniB (from Kansas City, Missouri) = Toni + DH Sam. 1st Disney Cruise.
iamdaisyduck (from ???) = Eileen + DH Tony + DS Michael (4). Michael turns 5 on 5/16. :bday:
MIKE490 (from White Lake, Michigan) = Mike + DW Sally + DGS Derek (11) + DGS Austin (8).

This will be our first DCL cruise and DS's first cruise ever. I'm Kimberly and its me, DH (Brian) and DS (Devin). DS will be 5 weeks shy of his 3rd Birthday. We are from the Detroit area (northern burbs).

PPPiglet, we'll be close to you but port side. We're in 7126. There were secret Cat 7's the day I booked (3/2/06) but I really wanted the Navigator's Verandah for the theme of it and because I know we'll never be able to have one again (we want to try to expand our family shortly after we cruise and they only hold 3).

I don't plan on doing WDW this trip. I think that's too much for my toddler. We are taking him to WDW for a long weekend this June for his 2nd b-day. But even then, we'll just spend one day at the Magic Kingdom and don't plan to visit the other parks.

We are going to fly in the day before, rent a car and drive to the port. As for flights, I have no ideas yet. I haven't even booked a flight for WDW that's 2 1/2 months from now because there are only 2 direct flights and the time I'd prefer is on Northworst Airlines whose pilots may or may not be going on strike.

PPPiglet, thanks for starting this thread. I guess our cruise is the Magic's Farewell Tour. I presume many of the CM's will be excited/anxious to get to Europe (closer to home).

pppiglet
03-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks for joining us KimberlyC! I was thinking the same thing about the CM's. They'll probably be happy and excited and we'll have great service! I like when people are happy.

LostGirls
03-21-2006, 03:18 PM
We were the last cruise before they went through the Panama Canal last May. The CM's were excited. It was amazing the morning we left the ship, watching all of things they were loading on. But let me tell you, it was really hard getting OFF the ship, knowing where they were going. (Where to hide? Where to hide?) :goodvibes

pppiglet
03-21-2006, 05:30 PM
We drove down to Long Beach for the repo cruise back to Florida last year and watched them sail away. It was so neat. Now we are debating if after our Western cruise if we stay at the port and watch them sail away to the Med. or get our rental car and get to the resorts asap!

pppiglet
03-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Anyone else out there booking for this date?

The Kirks
03-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Okay... I am a little slow...I did not see this thread and actually posted my own last night! So, disregard my post. We will be on the May 5 also. It will be me, Kimberly-30 DH, Carl-36, DD Kaylin-9 and stepson Carl-15. We will be Cat. 9 ajoining room with my MIL, Kay. My BIL, his wife and thier 2 yo DD. I can't wait.
This will be our 4th Disney cruise. We have been on the Eastern, Western and last May went on the 14 day through the Panama Canal. I like the Western the best so were going back! I just hope we get to go back to Cozumel. I heard they stopped going for awhile.
If anyone has a child about Kaylin's age(she is 8 now) and they would like a pen pal, let me know. We have tried to do this on every cruise. It's fun for her and she already knows someone when she gets there and it gives her practice writing, (but don't tell her it's actually practice at something!)
How am I ever gonna get through this year???

Kimberly

pppiglet
03-27-2006, 07:10 PM
It sounds like by the time we are ready to sail Cozumel should be fine, but you never know what kind of weather they will have this year! I watched you sail thru the Panama Canal on the live web cams last year. That was so exciting!

So welcome to the thread and I'm sure lots of others will be joining in later!

Debbie

LostGirls
03-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Debbie - we might book a night near the port for the night we get off the ship - we have family in the area. We stayed at the Radisson last time, but would love to try Ron Jon's this time.

Kimberly - Welcome! I have a DD who will be 9 In August (and another DD who will be 5 in July). I'm sure she would love to have a pen pal - but we aren't going to tell them until Christmas. So maybe after that? :goodvibes

KimberlyC
03-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Welcome Kimberly! The more Kimberly's the merrier. :cool1:

Unfortunately I don't have a child your DD's age, but my DS will be just a bit older than your niece. I'm not sure I'f he'll be able to go to the kids club or not (we'll see how the PT goes) but maybe they can play in Mickey's ear together. My DS loves playing with other kids.

The Kirks
03-28-2006, 06:44 PM
LostGirls, that would be great, just let me know after you tell your daughter this Christmas and we will switch addresses.
Kimberly, I will let my BIL know about your son. It's nice to have someone to keep them occupied!
Okay, I feel really stupid for starting that other post. Does anyone know how to delete it? What can I say after a 2 hour ride home from work :confused3 Sorry!
It would be nice to know a little about everyone, if you don't mind! I'll start off...You already know our names and ages. We live in Lehigh Acres, Florida (Ft. Myers). I work in Naples (a 2 hour drive in season) as a Dental Assistant. Carl works for himself doing Hurricane Shutters. We decided to build a new home though in Live Oak, Florida (about 1 hour south of Valdosta, Ga.) and we are waiting for them to finish it. It is just to busy here for us now, and the drive is getting old every day. It will be nice to be in a slower area. Our daughter, Kaylin, is in the 2nd grade and is into Kart racing on the weekends. She actually does pretty good and even though she is still learning, she has a goal to beat those boys :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: My stepson, Carl lives in Pa and this will be his first cruise ever! Well, I can't wait to hear about everyone and meet you all on the cruise...a whole year away :sad2:

Kimberly

KimberlyC
03-28-2006, 10:11 PM
LostGirls, that would be great, just let me know after you tell your daughter this Christmas and we will switch addresses.
Kimberly, I will let my BIL know about your son. It's nice to have someone to keep them occupied!
Okay, I feel really stupid for starting that other post. Does anyone know how to delete it? What can I say after a 2 hour ride home from work :confused3 Sorry!
It would be nice to know a little about everyone, if you don't mind! I'll start off...You already know our names and ages. We live in Lehigh Acres, Florida (Ft. Myers). I work in Naples (a 2 hour drive in season) as a Dental Assistant. Carl works for himself doing Hurricane Shutters. We decided to build a new home though in Live Oak, Florida (about 1 hour south of Valdosta, Ga.) and we are waiting for them to finish it. It is just to busy here for us now, and the drive is getting old every day. It will be nice to be in a slower area. Our daughter, Kaylin, is in the 2nd grade and is into Kart racing on the weekends. She actually does pretty good and even though she is still learning, she has a goal to beat those boys :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: My stepson, Carl lives in Pa and this will be his first cruise ever! Well, I can't wait to hear about everyone and meet you all on the cruise...a whole year away :sad2:

Kimberly

Kimberly: Don't worry about the other post. You can edit it to say please disregard and/or place a link to this thread.

Hmmm, about us... We live in the northern suburbs of Detroit, Michigan where it is winter more months of the year than I care to count. :cold: The weather isn't ideal, but this is where we grew up and where our families are so this is where we intend to remain. We are in are early 30's and for now have just our DS (Devin, who will be 2 in June). This will be his first cruise too. He attends a daycare academy 4 days a week and my parents watch him one day a week. We are taking him and our 12 yr old niece for a short trip to WDW for his 2nd birthday. Well actually, we are going the weekend before his second birthday so that he can still have a party with his grandparents, aunts, uncles and DH cousins' kids. With the exception of Pooh and friends pooh: :eeyore: :tigger: , he's really more into Sesame Street than Disney so I'm hoping to acclimate him to the characters and hoping that he will like them.

I'm a lawyer, presently working long hours at a small firm doing business and property litigation. DH is a CPA and works full time for a publicly traded REIT that owns shopping malls across the country. He LOVES baseball and spends a lot of time on his blog and writing for other baseball websites. Recently he was a contributing author for a baseball book that was published. Devin is "all boy", very active and recently started swim lessons though he missed a few because of a recent bit of strep throat which he passed on to me. :sick:

Its been hard for us to take a real vacation. DH can't get away during tax season and quarter ends. I have a hard time clearing my schedule and taking time off generally is more stressful than its worth which is why we mostly do a lot of long weekend trips. So I'm very excited about our upcoming cruise. We haven't cruised since our Med cruise in the fall of 2002 - less than a year later we conceived DS. We would like to try for another child shortly after this cruise, so its unlikely we'll be cruising again for a few years. :(

Its weird for me because ordinarily this would be the time when I'd be obsessing over which excursions to plan, but given DS's age, we aren't planning anything and are going to go with the flow. Unless he's old enough for the CC stingrays, in which case I may sign up for that.

Does anyone know how far in advance the hotels by the port need to be booked? I know we'll fly in the day before and rent a car but I haven't started to think about where to stay pre-cruise yet.

The Kirks
03-29-2006, 03:32 PM
I am not sure about the hotels because we live close enough to drive over. I learned that we usually have more fun not booking the excursions anyway. We usually hang out fairly close and do the shopping thing. Your son will have a blast. Kaylin usually picks a princess dress every year and wears it for formal night. I hope she does'nt think she is to old for that next year :hippie:
Kimberly (K) :thumbsup2

pppiglet
03-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Kimberly....I put a link on your other post to this thread.

The Kirks
03-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks Pppiglet! I need all the help I can get :worship: :worship: :worship:

pppiglet
04-07-2006, 07:45 PM
You know, DCL still doesn't (as of a few days ago) have this sail date listed since they added it on at the last minute. Maybe we will have an empty ship.

KimberlyC
04-07-2006, 11:05 PM
You know, DCL still doesn't (as of a few days ago) have this sail date listed since they added it on at the last minute. Maybe we will have an empty ship.

That works for me. We'll all have no problems getting a chair by the pool :woohoo:

pppiglet
04-10-2006, 11:23 PM
I'd like to get by the pool this time. On the West Coast Cruise it was too cold to lay around the pool!

The Kirks
04-13-2006, 08:25 AM
An empty ship would be great! Then I would'nt have to participate in the great hammock race at Catsaway Cay :thumbsup2 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Have a great day everyone.

KimberlyC
04-13-2006, 02:07 PM
I'd like to get by the pool this time. On the West Coast Cruise it was too cold to lay around the pool!

I'm thinking we won't have any chilly issues on our cruise. In fact I'm guessing we'll be HOT HOT HOT!

Of course, to me anything above 82 degrees is HOT HOT HOT! I prefer 72 degrees. 62 degrees is shorts weather to my DH. 52 degrees, its still nice out.

It is currently 74 degrees here and no snow since last week :sunny: :woohoo: BUT the temp will drop 20 degrees by the end of the weekend. :sad2: We don't blink because it will change and we will miss it. We have 2 seasons, winter and construction. :lmao:

pppiglet
04-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Oh my....72 is cold to me. It's 90 outside right now (freak weather). It was 75 yesterday and tomorrow it's suppose to rain. (I don't think so, not a cloud in the sky!)

I love it when it's hot! I am sure we will have nice warm weather when it's time for our cruise. I have heard that it will be humid, which I don't really like!

I could not imagine living in the snow. I would die!

KimberlyC
04-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Oh my....72 is cold to me. It's 90 outside right now (freak weather). It was 75 yesterday and tomorrow it's suppose to rain. (I don't think so, not a cloud in the sky!)

I love it when it's hot! I am sure we will have nice warm weather when it's time for our cruise. I have heard that it will be humid, which I don't really like!

I could not imagine living in the snow. I would die!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: No worries! It should be in the 80's when we cruise. Now lets keep those fingers crossed for no rain. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

The Kirks
04-16-2006, 08:22 AM
All the cruises we have been on have been in May and we have always had great weather. Maybe a little sprinkle here and there on the islands but otherwise great weather :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: Oh, I could really use a vacation! Can't wait until next year!
Kimberly (K) ;)

The Kirks
04-19-2006, 08:29 AM
I just looked at the DCL website and still no May cruise posted :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Heres hoping they forget! (doubtful, I know!)

Kimberly

pppiglet
04-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah...that would make online ressies easier to book for that date!

KimberlyC
04-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I just looked at the DCL website and still no May cruise posted :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Heres hoping they forget! (doubtful, I know!)

Kimberly

Wow, its been about 6 weeks since it opened up and over 2 weeks since the Med cruises opened so one would think it would be there already. Maybe disers and some TA's are the only ones who know it exists at this point.

On another subject, how do you all usually request dinner seating. I've reserved early seating b/c DS will be just shy of 3, but do you request a table for yourselves, request a large table in the hopes of meeting other wonderful people, or sit with other disers from the meet boards? In the past on other lines I've always just left it to fate, but I wouldn't want to be seated with a childless couple that doesn't enjoy kids now that I have an active toddler. What to do?

pppiglet
04-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Last time we had late seating and mostly adults (LAP) rotation. We didn't request anything.

This time we requested early seating (last time was just too late for us too eat). So even though we are 3 adults, we realize there will be more kids this time at early seating. I assume DCL will seat us with adults. We aren't requesting any certain size table. Wherever they put us is fine. I work with 3 and 4yr old at my church (25 in class at a time) so it will be ok if we are seated with kids. I'd rather be seated with toddlers though than 6-10yr olds!

The Kirks
04-20-2006, 07:25 AM
We usually let them give us whatever and it has always been just us at the table, even though sometimes it would be nice to meet others at dinner. We like the early seating because even though sometimes we feel rushed, it is easier for our daughter. You can also link your table reservation with another family if you want. Have a great day everyone!
Kimberly

KimberlyC
04-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the info. I've always had nice tablemates but wasn't sure if DCL goes out of their way to link up like families/couples/etc. I noticed that is definitely not the case on other lines. On our last cruise we were seated at a table for 6 with a single woman who only attended dinner the first evening (she met a guy fast and was "with" him the rest of the cruise) and a mother/daugher pair that were about 35 and 10 years older than us. Although we didn't have a lot in common, they were very pleasant people. I wish the table had been full though. Fortunately, a lot of fellow cruise critic folks were at nearby tables and we shared after dinner drinks with them most evenings.

I wouldn't care but became a bit concerned when I read another thread where the poster basically said her DH was a grumpy old man, should they sit alone or not? I'm thinking the grumpy old man wouldn't want to sit with small children whether they are wearing their angel halos or not.

The Kirks
04-20-2006, 05:09 PM
I have to admit, it was nice knowing it was just us at the table. On the Panama cruise there were some people complaining about the children on the cruise. It bothered me that people would commit to a Disney cruise and be rude to my daughter. She is well behaved (in public anyway :rotfl2: ). It would be fun to sit with other families though. It's nice to meet everyone.

LostGirls
04-26-2006, 09:22 PM
I think DCL does try to sit people with similar groups. My TA hinted at this last time - he said he wanted me to look around and see if I noticed how they seated the tables. Unfortunately the TA is out of business, so I never did get the answer. But it did look like it to me - it was me, DH, two DD's and my parents. The table right next to ours was a single mom, her son and her parents. We went on Holland America for our honeymoon 11 years ago and all three couples at the table were honeymooners. We became friendly with one of the couples and we still correspond with eachother. :)
Hope we can plan a DIS meet once we're all on board. It was SO great to meet everyone last time, after "talking" on the DIS boards FOREVER and then finally getting to meet! :goodvibes

pppiglet
04-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Bumping this to page one so Sherrie can find us! Saw her on another thread.

KimberlyC
04-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Sherrie, come out, come out wherever you are!

We want to welcome you to the 5/5/07 Farewell Tour Cruise Meet Thread!

sherrie
04-29-2006, 09:30 AM
hi ppiglet thanks for the warm welcome. hello all .we will be joining you on the 5/5/07 cruise,(sounds like an awful long time to go) this is my first cruise ever. we have been to wdw 7x in the past 7 yrs and look forward to this new disney experience. i look forward to sailing with all of you. these boards are the best.

anyone with girls around 8 who would like to email katie i will gladly exchange emails with. she is shy at first and someone ahead of time will ease her anxieties. thanks have a disney day all
cat 9, level 2

cast;
me, sherrie/ 46
dh, ron /46
dgd, katie/ 8 :cheer2:

erin1998
04-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Good evening everyone,
I have a question for you all (it seems like a silly question though). I am currently booked on a 7 night land/sea leaving May 3, 2007. It would just be my son, who will be 8 at cruising time, and myself. He really wanted to do a 7 night cruise instead of the land/sea, but leaving on saturdays/sundays are difficult (my ex husband has our son every other weekend, and doesn't like to switch weekends. So if we left on a weekend my son is home, we'd return when he should be at his dad's) The only time when we could do this would be the beginning of May 2007. I have not been able to find (including on disneys website) a caribbean cruise leaving in May. All I can find is the Med cruises in May. When I told my son that there were no caribbean cruises in May next year, he was so disappointed. I think he had his hopes up of spending 7 nights on the ship instead of 4 nights.
Then I seen these posts and realize that your cruise is Western Caribbean leaving May 5/07. I am thrilled to see that this cruise exists, but I can't find any information about this cruise.
Can anyone give me any info on your cruise? I can't find it anywhere on Disney's website.
Any information about this cruise and who you all booked through would be wonderfully appreciated! :sunny:
Thank you very much
Erin

sherrie
04-29-2006, 07:34 PM
i think this is a fairly new release cruise, i have booked through dreams unlimited. if you prefer dcl for info perhaps you could call them and ask. they have an 800 number but sorry i dont know it offhand

best wishes,
sherrie

erin1998
04-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi Sherrie,
Thank you so very much. I can't tell you how excited my son will be to learn that there is a 7 night cruise that we can (hopefully) go on. Actually I am totally excited myself. :goodvibes
Thanks again
Erin

KimberlyC
04-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Good evening everyone,
I have a question for you all (it seems like a silly question though). I am currently booked on a 7 night land/sea leaving May 3, 2007. It would just be my son, who will be 8 at cruising time, and myself. He really wanted to do a 7 night cruise instead of the land/sea, but leaving on saturdays/sundays are difficult (my ex husband has our son every other weekend, and doesn't like to switch weekends. So if we left on a weekend my son is home, we'd return when he should be at his dad's) The only time when we could do this would be the beginning of May 2007. I have not been able to find (including on disneys website) a caribbean cruise leaving in May. All I can find is the Med cruises in May. When I told my son that there were no caribbean cruises in May next year, he was so disappointed. I think he had his hopes up of spending 7 nights on the ship instead of 4 nights.
Then I seen these posts and realize that your cruise is Western Caribbean leaving May 5/07. I am thrilled to see that this cruise exists, but I can't find any information about this cruise.
Can anyone give me any info on your cruise? I can't find it anywhere on Disney's website.
Any information about this cruise and who you all booked through would be wonderfully appreciated! :sunny:
Thank you very much
Erin

Hi Erin:

There is a 7 day Magic cruise deparating on Saturday, May 5th returning Saturday, May 12th. Last year Disney only released 7 day cruises through April, 2007. But on March 1st of this year, Disney released this cruise with the Fall 2007 cruises. The Fall cruises were added to the Disney website but this one wasn't (we don't know why). I found out about it here on the Disboards and was able to book March 2nd. This is a Western Caribbean cruise and the last cruise before the transistion to to Med. Disney later released the surprise Med cruises that so many people were waiting for. The Med cruises were added to the website but for some reason this cruise has fallen through the cracks on the Disney website. Its not listed but you can book it. We all did. I booked it through Costco and they knew about it. Dreams Unlimited knows about it. I would guess most TA's would know about it but the big ones for sure should know. I think if you do an advanced search on the Disney website you can find it, but it doesn't otherwise come up.

When you can return your DS to his dad's depends on where you live. DCL recommends that you not book a flight before noon on disembarkation day which is Saturday, May 12, 2007. Flights aren't out yet so you can't really see what time you could get one, but you should be able to look at schedules on Traveocity for this year to get an idea of how long your flight would be. Add time to get luggage and drive home. Also, while the ship leaves Port Canaveral on Saturday, May 5, 2007, its safe to say that practically everyone you ask will recommend you arrive a day early, get a hotel room by the airport or by the port and get to the port early on Saturday. Flights can be delayed and you don't want to stress about missing the ship if you fly in on Saturday. I don't recommend booking air through DCL for this reason. Plus, with DCL air you won't know your flights until close to your cruise date, DCL chooses it, you don't and its probably cheaper on your own (as is the insurance).

Hopefully your ex will realize what a wonderful opportunity this is for your DS and be willing to give you 2 weekends in a row if you give him one of your weekends.

pppiglet
04-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Erin...that would be great if you could join us! I booked directly thru DCL and I called to switch from April to May and the CM on the phone didn't even know it existed for May 5th. I told her to double check and she was surprised to see it. It's still not on their site as far as I know. I usually call the 407/566-7000 phone #, but just found this 800/951-3532 info #. Hope it helps.

Debbie

KimberlyC
04-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Erin,

I just saw you are in Ontario (we're suburbs of Detroit). Depending on where you are in Ontario (I'm guessing Pearson Int'l Airport for calculation purposes right now), your flight home would be about 3ish hours. We have a flight this June that departs MCO at 3:35 pm and arrives at Detroit Metro at 6:19 pm. Hope this helps but realistically the earliest you'll get home on Saturday is early evening.

I hope you and your DS can join us.

erin1998
04-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Good morning everyone, :)
Thank you all so much for you responses. I emailed my travel agent this morning and asked him to look into this cruise for me. The dates would work out perfectly.
I am so excited and hope that I can make this cruise with you guys. :thumbsup2
Thanks again for your info.
Erin

pppiglet
05-01-2006, 11:49 PM
This time next year we will be packing!

LostGirls
05-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Welcome Erin! :wave2:

Sherrie, I have two DD's who will be 9 and 5 at the time. I bet my DD would enjoy an email pal - but we aren't going to tell them until Christmas. So after that we can give it a try! :goodvibes

Only 367 days to go!!! :rotfl2:

KimberlyC
05-02-2006, 09:11 PM
This time next year we will be packing!

I'm so excited, I think I'll get started now. Hmmm, where did I put that over the door shoe rack and the duct tape? :rotfl2:

sherrie
05-03-2006, 03:14 PM
my lucky freind is leaving this saturday, can't wait to hear the details first hand, i am so excited for her. it is all we talk about :rotfl2: lol

erin1998
05-04-2006, 08:12 AM
Good morning everyone, :wave2:
Thank you all for you help in regards to this cruise. I called my travel agent and asked him to look into this cruise for me. Within a few hours, he had a quote for me. So, I have cancelled my land/sea and rebooked this 7 night cruise with you all. :cool1: I am so excited. :teeth: It will be just myself and my son (who will be 8 at the time of cruising). This is our first disney cruise, but our second cruise in total. I think my son is becoming a cruising addict. A few weeks ago when discussing our next holiday and different options, he had already made his mind up that we cruise again. And what better way to cruise than on a Disney ship! We are both so thrilled and excited for this trip. I can't wait!!!
We are on deck 2, category 9 and first dinner seating.
Thanks again for all your earlier help.
Erin

KimberlyC
05-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Good morning everyone, :wave2:
Thank you all for you help in regards to this cruise. I called my travel agent and asked him to look into this cruise for me. Within a few hours, he had a quote for me. So, I have cancelled my land/sea and rebooked this 7 night cruise with you all. :cool1: I am so excited. :teeth: It will be just myself and my son (who will be 8 at the time of cruising). This is our first disney cruise, but our second cruise in total. I think my son is becoming a cruising addict. A few weeks ago when discussing our next holiday and different options, he had already made his mind up that we cruise again. And what better way to cruise than on a Disney ship! We are both so thrilled and excited for this trip. I can't wait!!!
We are on deck 2, category 9 and first dinner seating.
Thanks again for all your earlier help.
Erin

Hi Erin:

We're so glad you'll be joining us. This our first DCL cruise as well and DS's first cruise ever. DH and I are so excited! DS has no idea what a cruise is but he's saying "boat" pretty good now. :banana: We'll work on "ship" later. I fear his pronunciation of that one. :lmao:

I was reading the cruise meet ideas thread and seems like there were some good ideas on it. We don't have too many people yet, but have any of you checked out that thread and ever participated in those types of things? I'm still trying to figure out exactly what DisTag is!

sherrie
05-04-2006, 03:10 PM
great news Erin, we also are on deck 2 cat 9 i think the room 2073 or 2077, also early seating,(gd is 8 also) i look forward to seeing you there. already thinking of my magnetic door sign, 1 year from tomorrow :Pinkbounc :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :yay: :bounce:

KimberlyC
05-04-2006, 07:54 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Exactly 1 year from today we will be on a plane and heading to Florida! 1 year and 1 day from now we'll be boarding the Magic for the first time. Just 366 days!

pppiglet
05-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Wooo Hooo.....365 more days! Deck 7 first dinner seating here too!

LostGirls
05-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Hi everyone. Don't know if this applies to any of you but... we will be traveling with my parents, so they were able to book senior rates at the Hyatt for the night before the cruise for $137! (We stay in one room and they stay in the other). We stayed there last time and just loved it. :thumbsup2

sherrie
05-09-2006, 04:30 AM
I have a question, do i ask you guys my questions or post on the regular message boards. If you are using ground tranfers how do you stay a night in a hotel then get the bus in the morning is there a hotel at the airpost? tia

The Kirks
05-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Wow! I get a little busy and miss all of this! Sherri, my DD, Kaylin is 8 and would love an e-mail or pen pal! Just let me know! Also, last time I found her a pen pal that she could write to and exchange pictures. It was fun for her to get mail and ssshhh, don't tell her, but it helped her with her writing and spelling :thumbsup2
I am sooo excited! How will I ever get through the next year???
Have a good day everyone!
Kim

KimberlyC
05-09-2006, 01:15 PM
I have a question, do i ask you guys my questions or post on the regular message boards. If you are using ground tranfers how do you stay a night in a hotel then get the bus in the morning is there a hotel at the airpost? tia

I know I read something about this recently. Yes there is a hotel by the airport, but I can't remember enough of the details. If nobody has a good answer soon enough I would do a search or post on the main DCL forum. Sorry, I can't help but we plan on renting a car so I didn't pay much attention.

pppiglet
05-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Being from the west coast it looks like we will get to FL late so we will be staying at the Hyatt at the airport. We will rent a car the next day to get to the port. If you get the ground transfers (we didn't) then you would let them know at the check in that you are a DCL vacationer and then have your luggage out the next morning in the hall by 8:am for them to pick up and it will show up on the ship. (make sure you put the luggage tags the night before)
I think if you stay at another local hotel by the airport you have to take their shuttle over to the airport with your luggage and then catch the busses there.

sherrie
05-09-2006, 04:37 PM
thanks ppiglet, i will have to wait for the flights to be released to see what i can get.

i read on another post that a lot of people set up a dis meet at palo's. don't the kids come to the meets, I know that they are not allowed in there. how do the meets work. do we all wear name tags made of lime green.

CAN'T WAIT

pppiglet
05-09-2006, 04:53 PM
What we did last year was get the lanyards at walmart for about $2 and then used it for our kttw card, ID picture and I also put in a Green Mickey head (Home Depot Alien Green paint chip). I also wore lime green on embarkation day as some of the other Disers did and a piglet pin. We had our meet at 3:30 on the first day so it was after everyone had eaten lunch, but before the safety drill. We just met for 1/2 hour and the kids exchanged postcards from where they were from and keychains. We did this in the Promenade lounge which was nice and had plenty of room. Then at the sail away party the kids all had fun dancing together since they had already met before. We had one other small get together where we all went to see everyone's room in each category so we would know what they all looked like to book for our next trip! This was about a 1/2 hr and fun running from room to room and deck to deck!

I'm still waiting for the flights too. I want nonstop, but they are real expensive. Right now just playing around with this years dates, Airtran seems to be the cheapest with only 1 stop. Guess I'll see what shows up in a few weeks. I read somewhere that 11months out was the cheapest time to book (unless you are going Southwestern) and someone else suggested I wait til August to start looking, so who knows! I just want to get it booked so I can plan the Hotel for WDW after the cruise.

sherrie
05-09-2006, 05:23 PM
sounds great to me

sherrie
05-12-2006, 06:35 PM
bumping up for any newcomers

pppiglet
05-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks Sherrie...I was going to do that today too. I try not to let us get farther than page 3!

Anyways...today I was trying to decide how to get to each place on our trip. I was going to rent a car to the port, then to the parks, and then to MCO, but now I am thinking maybe going the FL transportation town car route to save all the time and hassles. Any suggestions anyone?

LostGirls
05-13-2006, 12:00 PM
ppiglet,
We used FL Tours on our last trip and they were great. There were 6 of us (including my parents) so we decided it would be easier than renting a car/van. Super clean van, very nice driver and right on time (and I believe at the time I looked they were the cheapest too). Stayed the night before at the Hyatt at the airport and they picked us up downstairs in the morning - very convenient!
KimberlyC,
the Hyatt is right inside the airport, so you don't have to leave/catch a shuttle to anywhere else. It's a little more expensive, but we just loved the convenience, since we are flying in from the East Coast, and of course our flight got in late. But there are lots of hotels close by. If you have Disney arrange your hotel and transfers, I think they almost always put you at the Hyatt.
Where will we be this time next year??? :goodvibes

sherrie
05-16-2006, 04:35 AM
bumping for n2dvd

sherrie
05-21-2006, 06:23 AM
It's official folks, our cruise is now listed on the dcl site. my rate is showing at $600.00 higher than what i booked at.

The Kirks
05-21-2006, 04:49 PM
AWWW! I was hoping for a cruise to ourselves! I guess I will have to start getting into shape for the great hammock race! :moped:
Kim

KimberlyC
05-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I noticed it a few days ago. I can't figure out how much the price went up for us though since DS is free except port charges/taxes and the website only lets me figure price based on 2 adults only.

I wonder if we'll have a full ship?

pppiglet
05-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Anyone else have 10lbs to lose before we cruise so we can enjoy all that good food?

KimberlyC
05-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Anyone else have 10lbs to lose before we cruise so we can enjoy all that good food?

I wish it were only 10 lbs!

sherrie
05-26-2006, 04:49 AM
i'm in

The Kirks
05-26-2006, 07:18 AM
I'm in also! I could use some group motivation! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Kim

married2grumpy
05-26-2006, 02:29 PM
We just returned from the May 6th sailing and rebooked for May 5th 2007. It will be Dh and I and our 3 children; DD8, DS7 and DD5 (who will all be a year older when we travel of course!).

We are very excited to be going back but not too excited about needing the passports this time. Yikes! We better start saving for those.

sherrie
05-26-2006, 05:48 PM
hello all, i am bored tonight and just wanted to say hi, 343 more days. flights will be out soon. have a great memorial day weekend. be safe if driving. :yay: :wave2: :banana:

KimberlyC
05-26-2006, 06:27 PM
hello all, i am bored tonight and just wanted to say hi, 343 more days. flights will be out soon. have a great memorial day weekend. be safe if driving. :yay: :wave2: :banana:

Cruise chat is at 9 p tonight. if you're still feeling bored you should try to make it. If DS is sleeping, I'l try too :)

Married2Grumpy: :welcome:

pppiglet
05-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Hey Kimberly...how did the friday night chat go? I've never done that before.

And welcome also to Married2Grumpy. I'm married to a Grumpy too!

KimberlyC
05-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Hey Kimberly...how did the friday night chat go? I've never done that before.
It went well. Its nice chatting with people in real time. I was fashionably late, of course. :rotfl2: I always try to get a few things done around the house after DS goes to bed and before I get on the computer so I don't think I've ever been on time. They are supposed to be changing it so that it works better (less lag time). I won't be in chat this Friday. I'll be in Tampa at a Devil Rays game. (DH Loves Baseball). Saturday, WDW here we come! :woohoo:

I'm married to Bashful! :lmao:

kimsue68
05-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Hi All!! We booked this cruise on our May 20th 2006 cruise. I feel a little leary of cruising so soon but my mom and sister and her kids booked and I didn't want to be left out!! Before this last vacation we really haven't been on a true vacation in over 5 years. We planned out last cruise for 1 yr and 9 months so that is alot of time to save compaired to less then a year!! I totally loved the cruise and it is so easy to rebook while onboard but then once you get home and real life sets back in the "rebooking remorse" is going on strong. Anyway, here is the list of who's who:
My family-- Me, dh, ds5, dd 3(hopefully club-bound!!), my mom, my sister, her dd11, ds8, ds4 and mabey her MIL. Total of 5 adults and 5 kids. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Babs417
05-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Im Kim Sues Mom. I hope to be with everyone May5 if everything goes wirght. My DGD is a gymnest and the dates for the mees arnt out yet keep fingers crossed. We have connecting rooms 2135 and 2137. I hope I get to meet some of you. pixiedust:

The Kirks
05-31-2006, 07:46 AM
Wow, is this the Kimberly kruise? Kind of like Larry, Daryll and Daryll? :lmao: I think most of us are neighbors too! :thumbsup2 Kimberly, have fun at WDW. It is hot here but it will be well worth it!
Kim

pppiglet
05-31-2006, 08:57 AM
Welcome KimSue and Babs!

KimberlyC
05-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Wow, is this the Kimberly kruise? Kind of like Larry, Daryll and Daryll? :lmao: I think most of us are neighbors too! :thumbsup2 Kimberly, have fun at WDW. It is hot here but it will be well worth it!
Kim
:lmao:

I'm trying to keep us all straight. Lets see...there is Kim Kirk (Florida Kim), KimSue68 aka Kim Sue's Mom (S. Jersey Kim) and I guess that makes me, KimberlyC, (Michigan Kim).

Welcome S.Jersey Kim and Babs!

Ok, so here's the Roll Call :boat: so far (in order of appearance). I tried to put the kids' ages at cruise time if I could tell from the posts that they would be older next May. If I missed anybody, or if info is missing, please feel free to let me know that you would like the roll call updated.
CRSNDSNY (from PA) = CAN'T GO :(
KimberlyC (from SE Mich) = Kim + DH Brian + DS Devin (almost 3)
The Kirks (from Fla) = Kim + DH Carl + Dstepson Carl (15) + DD Kaylin (9) AND MIL_____, BIL_____, SIL_____, DNiece_____ (2)
Sherrie (from Wallingford, CT) = Sherrie + DH Ron + DGD Katie (8)
Erin1998 (from Ontario, Can) = Erin + DS_____ (8)
Married2Grumpy (from Long Island, NY) = ______ + DH_____ + DD_____ (9) + DS____ (8) + DD_____ (6)
kimsue68 (from S. Jersey) = Kim + DH Pat + DS Dereck (5) + DD Leah (3) AND her DMom Babs417, DSis Michi , DNiece Tiffany (11), DNephew Sammy (8), DNephew Johnny (4) and perhaps DSis' MIL Karen
Babs417 (from Somerdale, NJ) = Babs + (see kimsue68, above)

I'll edit my first post (bottom of pg 1 but may be bumped to pg2 depending on the length now) to post the roll call so that people dont have to scroll so far to see who is cruising.

pppiglet
05-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Great job Kimberly....I was just thinking to myself last night that I needed to start making a list to keep everyone straight. It does help alot! Great idea on the editing too!

The Kirks
05-31-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks MI KIMBERLY ;) It's nice to know where everyone is from! How is everyone tonight? I am watching that Dateline episode on sexual predators in Ft. Myers, FL. It's scary, I live in FT. Myers! Okay, I don't want to be Ft. Myers FL Kim anymore :teeth: Have a good night everyone!
Sherri-Kaylin will send an e-mail shortly. She has a big go-kart race this weekend in Ocala and has been busy preparing. Just did'nt want 'ya to think we forgot about her!
Kim

Babs417
05-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks Kimberly I thought their was alot of Kims. ok now this our family. KimSue DH Pat DS Dereck 5 DD Leah 3 - D sis Michi Dniece Tiffany 11 Dnephew Sammy 8 Dnephew Johnny4 DsisMIL Karen :thumbsup2 :wave2:

KimberlyC
05-31-2006, 09:47 PM
No problem. I'm addicted to the DIS (planning freak and insomniac that I am) so I'll try to update the Roll Call frequently. I think we are doing pretty good - 10 Disers and their families so far (and 30% of us are named "Kim"). its expecially nice considering it took DCL so long to admit on their website that this cruise existed. :rotfl:

I'm excited to cruise with my fellow Disers, Kim's and non-Kim's alike! :thumbsup2

And to S. Jersey Kim, my lil guy will be 5 weeks shy of 3. I'm hoping he's potty trained. If so, he'll be able to play in the club with your DD :woohoo:

LostGirls
05-31-2006, 09:53 PM
Welcome KimSue68! Forget about the rebooking remorse - I wish we would have when we cruised May 2005! :goodvibes
It's me, DH 44, DD 9 and DD 5 (ages when we cruise) and my parents too! Let me tell you, we could use some sun here in the Great Northwest! Can anyone send some our way??? :goodvibes

kimsue68
05-31-2006, 10:03 PM
KimC-- I hope I have better luck with the kids clubs then I did with Flounders!! :guilty: I put my dd in there 1 time and she had a total meltdown!! It was bedtime anyway, so she did go right to sleep (probably tramatized!!) so it was ok but I felt so awful. In her defense, she thought that her brother was going to be in there, it was bedtime, and last but not least, I could count on one hand how many times that she has been left with a sitter!! I tried so hard to get my dd potty trained for this trip but she wasn't having it!! If she isn't trained by next May I will cry!! :sad1:

The Kirks
06-01-2006, 07:41 AM
LostGirls-I would love to send you some sun, but you have to take the humidity too! :sunny: EVeryone here seems to be already getting very stressed about hurricane season! Our patients are already leaving town and our work is going through a planning stage which is making everything very stressful(my work is about 1/2 mile from the beach in Naples, which I never get to see!) Kimberly-I am also a fellow planning freak! Have a great day everyone! And a great weekend, we will be leaving tomorrow for Ocala for the last big state championship race of the season! Wish her luck! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
FL.KIM :rotfl2:

KimberlyC
06-01-2006, 11:49 AM
KimC-- I hope I have better luck with the kids clubs then I did with Flounders!! :guilty: I put my dd in there 1 time and she had a total meltdown!! It was bedtime anyway, so she did go right to sleep (probably tramatized!!) so it was ok but I felt so awful. In her defense, she thought that her brother was going to be in there, it was bedtime, and last but not least, I could count on one hand how many times that she has been left with a sitter!! I tried so hard to get my dd potty trained for this trip but she wasn't having it!! If she isn't trained by next May I will cry!! :sad1:

The older DS gets the more I think he will not like Flounders. I've seen pics and he outgrew those toys long ago. He's a spiderbaby so he needs something big to climb on and big toys to play with. I started casually introducing him to the potty and he went a few times back in April, but until he's 2 and in the 2 yr old room daycare doesn't do potty training so we weren't really trying. Plus he saw his own poo and he didn't want to go after that. :( :lmao: I figure I have 11 months to train him. I don't care as much about the club because we can go with him regardless of age but if he can't go in the pool we'll be witnessing a major meltdown ourselves. In that case, I'll be crying too.

OT: Has anyone been having problems with the server being busy or the Dis freezing? I couldn't edit last night for that reason and even today its giving me busy notices a lot.

sherrie
06-01-2006, 03:19 PM
welcome newcomers, I can't wait to meet all of you and get on that boat, i will be the one in the bright green dis t-shirt that i bought several years ago. My grandaughter and i got our passports, do you all have yours? I am in connecticut and the heat and humidity is already killing us. we went to disney last August, unreal. I don't know how you locals take it. thank goodness for a/c. flights should be coming out soo we are flying delta and they come out at 333 days.talk to you all soon

sherrie

pppiglet
06-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Greetings from sunny, warm, California! LostGirls....sending some your way. 90 Degrees here today. I am a yard freak, so have been planting and getting some sun. Too bad I gained 10lbs on the Carnival Cruise we went on in Feb and I haven't got it off yet to fit in my bathing suit! Just checking in...time to go BBQ some chicken!

KimberlyC
06-02-2006, 04:47 PM
welcome newcomers, I can't wait to meet all of you and get on that boat, i will be the one in the bright green dis t-shirt that i bought several years ago. My grandaughter and i got our passports, do you all have yours? I am in connecticut and the heat and humidity is already killing us. we went to disney last August, unreal. I don't know how you locals take it. thank goodness for a/c. flights should be coming out soo we are flying delta and they come out at 333 days.talk to you all soon

sherrie

We arrived in Tampa/St. Petersburg today and was pleasantly surprised to find that its less hot and humid here in Florida than it was in Michigan. Memorial Day was miserable :( I'm hoping its not too bad tomorrow at WDW. I ordered DS's passport in April but it hasn't arrived yet.

Gotta run. Have a great weekend everyone!

sherrie
06-02-2006, 06:29 PM
kimc, hope you have a great trip, happy bithday to your ds, sorry i missed this earlier.

flkim, hope kaylin does well this weekend, we are thinking of her here up north

KimberlyC
06-03-2006, 10:23 PM
kimc, hope you have a great trip, happy bithday to your ds, sorry i missed this earlier.

flkim, hope kaylin does well this weekend, we are thinking of her here up north

Thanks so much! We are actually having a great time. DS has been a bit cranky (didn't want to get out of the pool or nap or behave at dinner) but DNiece was so happy she was old enough to drive the water mouse. I saw a DCL bus driving in and there is a DCL booth here at the Poly - makes me even more anxious for the cruise.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :cool1:

P.S. I can attest that Disneys internet service is pretty good.

pppiglet
06-03-2006, 11:13 PM
We got our passports last year just to have for getting off the ship faster in San Pedro. Way shorter line than the birth certificate line.

I was on the DCL website a bit ago and the weather at Castaway Cay was 85 degrees. We had 98 here today!

Babs417
06-04-2006, 08:08 AM
We were their May 27 I thought it was hot water felt good once you got used to it .Well thats conning from N.J. :wave:

GreatWhiteNorth
06-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Hi May 07 cruisers, :goodvibes
As you can see by my ticker I am set to sail in 5 months but.........I am thinking of switching to May 5/07. :banana:
May is my birthday and will also my one year anniversary for WLS. :cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana:
I have already lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks and I am well on my way to reaching my goal of 75 pounds. :cheer2: :cheer2:
If i can convince my DH to come with me it will be the 2 of us or it will be myself and one of my DBF
After reading this thread, everyone sounds like a great bunch :grouphug:
I have until tomorrow to change my ressi with Dreams unlimited.

Advice greatly apriciated.

Angie in Canada :wave2:

michellej2000
06-04-2006, 08:56 PM
hey there everyone!! just came back from may13th magic eastern and now will be going with dd (12 1/2 by then) on may5 07 cruise western !!! can't wait to go again!! will be on deck six again midship.... hope to meet you then !!

the weather in south jersey at that time will be the pits so can't wait !! :cool1: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cool1:

kimsue68
06-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi Michelle, Where in South Jersey are you from? We are also from SJ. I have a niece who will be around 12yo when we cruise next May.

Babs417
06-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Firsthow did you lose 15 pounds. I would like to lose 20 lb. Come over to the May 5 cruise. I would not cruise in Oct. because of the weather. But the water would be warm. We just got back from the May20 to 27 it was great. :beach:

GreatWhiteNorth
06-04-2006, 09:54 PM
The more I think about it the more I want to change to May. :thumbsup2
I had surgery, know as the Lapband. I am so glad I did it. I found a support website like this one that has a whole lot of info.
Angie

pppiglet
06-04-2006, 10:15 PM
GreatwhiteNorth....we would love to have you sail with us! We will be celebrating my DH 47th birthday and our 25th anniversary. Congrats on the weight loss! My DS did Atkins and lost 125lbs! Dh lost 50lbs. I cheat.....lost 15lb and put back 10 on our last cruise!

Welcome MichelleJ also!

We went to DL today for lunch and shopping.(no rides for us today!) Weather was warm, but not crowded. Picked up some Pirate tattoos, bandana, bracelets, and T-shirts for Pirate night!

GreatWhiteNorth
06-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks! :goodvibes I will be 43 next May and my DH 47 next May too.( but I feel like 23!!)I will be working hard to make my goal before I take my cruise. I have read all the threads on the great food on board :love:

I bought a pirate outfit on ebay, can''t wait to wear it.
:Pinkbounc '"I think I''m going to switch" :Pinkbounc

The Kirks
06-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Good Morning everyone! Very tired. Got in late last night. Kaylin did great at her Kart race in Ocala! It was her last Kid Kart race so now she will be moving into the EasyKart 60 class,(much faster :dance3: I'm not sure if I can handle a faster class!) We always start her in the back so she can learn her driving ability to move up into a big crowd while some of the other parents will run to have thier kid first. Kaylin would always make her way to the front pack within a couple laps. Some of the parents complained that she was cheating and had the officials take her kart and check it out to have her DQ. It's a good feeling when you can have the officials say her Kart is perfectly legal! I guess you have it in any sport so we mostly stick to ourselves and just let her have fun. Parents can be frustrating! Sometimes I wonder who really wants to race...the kids or the parents :rolleyes1
Enough about me...Kimberly, I was thinking of you all and hope you had a great time!
GreatWhiteNorth...I can't wait to see the pirate outfit.
Does anyone know how to get pictures on here? I can't figure it out!
Kim

Babs417
06-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Im glad Kaylin did well. We do kids dirt bike races with our club. The parents make you not want to do it any more. Its not for money its for fun! :dance3:

The Kirks
06-05-2006, 09:16 AM
BABS-I know what you mean. You try to teach your kids lessons in life by letting them find a sport they are good at but as you know in racing, some of the parents ruin it all and it becomes very stressful! Thats why we are moving her up into the bigger class. She will have to work her way up like she did in this class but the Kid Kart class is the worst class there as far as parents go. As soon as I figure out the picture thing, I will get a couple up!
I am glad there are more people starting to post! It brightens my day!
Kim

Babs417
06-05-2006, 11:52 AM
I used to go on this site when I got home from work late at night .After our May 20th trip I go on morning afternoon and night. Whatup with that? Just came back fromAAA and I dont see any reason to change my res. from Disney to AAA $25 and every cabin has to belong to AAA.

michellej2000
06-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Hi Michelle, Where in South Jersey are you from? We are also from SJ. I have a niece who will be around 12yo when we cruise next May.

mays landing.....where are you at in south jersey? :cool1:

michellej2000
06-05-2006, 04:33 PM
my dd will be 12 1/2 next may for our cruise... will your niece be going with you also?
might be nice if they could get to meet each other on cruise !!!

sherrie
06-05-2006, 04:41 PM
hey everyone, how's it going. I am not getting email notification's. i missed a lot of you in the past few days.

fl. kim glad katlin did well, she must be quite proud of herself.

It has been raining here for what seems like 40 days and 40 nights, i need some sun!!

We made a week countdown chain 48 more weeks to go !!!!(now that doesn't sound so long does it?) :bounce: :yay: :dance3:

michellej2000
06-05-2006, 04:43 PM
may 13th was out first disney cruise.. was on princess 7day before.... disney is by far the BEST !!!

michellej2000
06-05-2006, 04:47 PM
thanks for the welcome !!! love reading everyones posts...

GreatWhiteNorth
06-05-2006, 06:11 PM
I changed my cruise date :cheer2: :cheer2:
I made the transfer today and I am so excited. I still need to convince myDH to go. Or maybe this can be a girlfriends holiday.
Any way, I am glad to be on board, hee hee :rotfl:
Angie

sherrie
06-05-2006, 06:13 PM
welcome aboard angie. It sounds like a great group of people here. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :cheer2: :dance3:

kimsue68
06-05-2006, 06:18 PM
mays landing.....where are you at in south jersey? :cool1:

Michelle, we are around the Cherry Hill area. My niece will be just turning 12 in May. I will let my sister know about your dd. Does your dd do AOL IM? If so PM me and we can exchange info. If not mabey they can just e-mail each other.

pppiglet
06-05-2006, 07:23 PM
To post pictures go to photobucket.com and get a free account. Upload your pictures to them and them copy and paste the code for the picture. I think photobucket explains it on their site. I really like them!

Babs417
06-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Welcome Angie. Keep Dh home if he wants to DDsDH wont be going and my BF wont be going.My oyher DD KimSue and her Dh will be going with all the kids. :woohoo: :wave:

GreatWhiteNorth
06-05-2006, 11:27 PM
I am now a mouseketeer :jumping1: :earsgirl:
How could I have missed seeing it before???
I am very glad to be going on this cruise and I will be talking to my BF tomorrow.
I was shopping with my DD and I found a nice green DIS tank top. Gotta stand out in a crowd :thumbsup2
Talk to you all soon!

KimberlyC
06-06-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm exhausted and would rather be back at WDW, but alas we are home. :( I hope everyone had a nice weekend!

I see I have some Roll Call updating to do. Michellej2000 and Great White North (Angie) would you please tell us the names of your family and friends sailing with you (and for kids, ages too) so that I can add them to the Roll Call posted on page 1. It seems we have our 2nd S. Jersey girl and our 2nd Canadian now. :cool1:

:welcome: Welcome both of you. Angie, whereabouts in Canada are you from?

sherrie
06-06-2006, 03:26 PM
how do you all get to be mouseketeer's

GreatWhiteNorth
06-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Kimberly C. I am from Alberta, near Calgary (yahoo) :cool1:
As of this moment its only me. I still need to talk to my DBF to see if she wants to come. I am thinking she will. I will keep you informed.
Sherrie - I have no idea but I was ""earning my ears" and then it was Magically changed :wizard: :wizard:
I think it has something to do with the number of posts. Now I just need a visit from the Tag Fairy :goodvibes

sherrie
06-06-2006, 06:35 PM
greatwhitenorth ty

tag fairy is it you that makes a mousketeer look at all of my posts!!

m-i-c-k-e-y m-o-u-s-e, see just like annete funiccello

pppiglet
06-06-2006, 07:26 PM
GreatWhiteNorth...I was on the cruise board for sooooo long and never got a tag from TF....but as soon as I posted on the Scrap board, I got one and then the first time I posted on the home decorating board I got one. Go figure... I guess she/he doesn't cruise much! Hee hee

KimberlyC
06-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Kimberly C. I am from Alberta, near Calgary (yahoo) :cool1:
As of this moment its only me. I still need to talk to my DBF to see if she wants to come. I am thinking she will. I will keep you informed.
Sherrie - I have no idea but I was ""earning my ears" and then it was Magically changed :wizard: :wizard:
I think it has something to do with the number of posts. Now I just need a visit from the Tag Fairy :goodvibes

Welcome Angie. I'll add you to the Roll Call (assuming the server isn't too busy and lets me do it - its hit or miss this time of night). And BTW, you are correct. You become a Mouseketeer when you hit 75 posts. I think the next level after Mouseketeer is DIS Veteran with 750 or 1000 posts (can't remember for sure) and after that, I don't know.

Watch what you wish for as the tag fairy can use something clever or embarassingly out of context (or not :teeth: ) from one of your posts. Trust me, on this. As you can see my unmentionables are forever mentioned...actually they were someone elses unmentionables, but as someone told me better to be forever mentioned than entirely unmentionable, or something to that effect. :) The funniest tag I've seen was something to the effect of "I'm a very stupid person" :rotfl: Can you imagine having that quote follow you around? :lmao:

KimberlyC
06-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Sherrie, I just wanted to let you know that I was outside of Space Mountain this past Sunday, saw a talking trash can, and thought of you. :rotfl2: I couldn't miss it since my DNiece was yelling Holy Crap! :rotfl:

KimberlyC
06-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Also, Sherrie, the "Mousketeer" is the default under your profile. At some point you must have deleted yours. I'm not sure how to reset it without deleting your tags. You may want to ask on the technical board for help if you want to be a Mouseketeer. Sorry, I don't know more about how it works. I don't even know how to post a pic :rotfl: I did figure out how to do it as an Avatar (thus DS's pic under my name) but I'm not sure I could do it again. I remember it wasn't easy sizing the pic the first time around.

sherrie
06-07-2006, 04:34 AM
kimc, i did finally see a talking trashcan at animal kingdom, it was very cool.

on another subject i have been playing with flights for april just to get a geberal idea of cost, they are about double of what what we usually pay flying out of hartford. not good.

The Kirks
06-07-2006, 07:20 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/kirk0414/th_newkart002.jpg (http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/kirk0414/newkart002.jpg)
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/kirk0414/th_OCALASTATERACE002.jpg (http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/kirk0414/OCALASTATERACE002.jpg)
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/kirk0414/th_OCALASTATERACE003.jpg (http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/kirk0414/OCALASTATERACE003.jpg)
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/kirk0414/th_OCALAAWARDS.jpg (http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/kirk0414/OCALAAWARDS.jpg)

I don't know if this worked. :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

The Kirks
06-07-2006, 07:22 AM
WOO HOO! I actually did it! Thanks piglet!
This deserves a dance :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: party:

Babs417
06-07-2006, 08:34 AM
You did it. great job Kirks DD. :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

The Kirks
06-07-2006, 08:36 AM
By the way, how is Animal Kingdom? I have heard such mixed reviews that I have yet to go! Have a great day everyone. I will quit posting now, even though I want a mousketeer status ;)
What exactly is a tag fairy?

Babs417
06-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Everyone is going to dress up for Pirates night? pirate: pirate: pirate:

lilo62
06-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Greetings everyone!

My DH and I have just recently booked our 4th DC for the Western on May 5, 2007. We booked on board after our May 20, 2006 cruise thinking we'd be going on the Eastern for April 28, 2007. Well, that didn't work out for many reasons so we changed our ressie to May 5, 2007. This will be our 3rd Western DC!

We have no kids but would love to start chatting with some of my fellow cruisers! Here's our "cast" info:

DH/38
ME/44
We are staying in a Cat 6 Room mid-ship (6572) and have the 2nd dinner rotation. We are from Greenwich, CT.

Babs417
06-07-2006, 01:07 PM
We were on the May 20 cruise on room 6056, and rebooked for May 5 2007. Glad to have you aboard. I want to be a princes, but Im to old Ill have to be the Queen! princess: :disrocks:

lilo62
06-07-2006, 03:14 PM
We were on the May 20 cruise on room 6056, and rebooked for May 5 2007. Glad to have you aboard. I want to be a princes, but Im to old Ill have to be the Queen! princess: :disrocks:

Hey Babs!

We were in Room 6572 and yes...your eyes aren't playing tricks from my last post - we got the same room again. We didn't even request it - it just was fate!!!!

We are glad to be on board yet again! You are NEVER too old to be a princess but being the Queen isn't too bad either!!! Looking forward to chatting with you and everyone! :dance3:

kimsue68
06-07-2006, 03:49 PM
If your a Queen, then I AM a princess!!!! princess:

The Kirks
06-08-2006, 07:05 AM
I guess that makes me the Joker :rotfl2: Since everything else is taken! That is really neat to get the same room. We got our room twice, but requested it so that does not count! My DH wanted to stick a penny under something and see if it was still there the next year but never did!
Have a great day everyone :sunny:

pppiglet
06-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Welcome Lilo62!

Great pics Kirks!

Lets see....Queen, Princess, and Joker.....ummmmm I'll stick with PPPiglet!

lilo62
06-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Welcome Lilo62!

Great pics Kirks!

Lets see....Queen, Princess, and Joker.....ummmmm I'll stick with PPPiglet!

Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to chatting with you all!

KimberlyC
06-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to chatting with you all!

:welcome: We have a Roll Call on page one. If you let me know your and your DH's first names I'll add you to the list.

sherrie
06-08-2006, 04:40 PM
welcome lilo i am in wallingford ct.

flkim great job, kaylin looks great tell her we said hi.

let's see i think i would like to be a fairy, sprinkling you all with pixie dust

kimc welcome home was it really hot there. where did you stay?

flkim, animal kingdom is one of my favorites, truly beautiful there. :dance3:

GreatWhiteNorth
06-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone,
I am still working on getting my DBF on board with me. I have plenty of time. I was checking some flights and they are running around $550. Not bad from Calgary,AB :banana:
Babs427 - I have a pirate costume I bought off ebay. I plan on dressing up.
lilo62 - Hi, glad to to have some others w/o youngins ( this holiday is for mom :cloud9: )
My kids are 14 and 18 and this will be my first trip without them.

Does anyone plan on booking excursions will in port? or is it better to just go on your own?

KimberlyC
06-08-2006, 08:53 PM
welcome lilo i am in wallingford ct.

flkim great job, kaylin looks great tell her we said hi.

let's see i think i would like to be a fairy, sprinkling you all with pixie dust

kimc welcome home was it really hot there. where did you stay?

flkim, animal kingdom is one of my favorites, truly beautiful there. :dance3:

Thanks Sherrie! Actually it was surprisingly bearable. We had rain one evening (and by rain I mean torrential downpour) but we were inside at DS's b-day dinner and didn't mind too much. The stroller was soaked (forgot to put the cover on) but the important stuff was with us and I had almost everything else in ziploc bags so it wasn't a big deal. It cooled things off considerably and we put on ponchos and continued on. The day we left was really hot though. I don't think I could have stood the heat all day (just not used to it) but DS needed a nap anyway so we didn't stay at the park mid-day. We stayed at the Poly and it was nice to come back and relax. My niece was so happy she was old enough to drive the water mouse while my DH and DS napped. We also decided to ride the monorail and go exploring while they napped. Our first day at the Poly, we walked right up and were the first in the monorail line. Without even asking, the pilot got out and asked us to join him up front. What pixie dust! We got our little co-pilot cards and everything. I told DNiece how lucky she was because that never happens and its so hard to get to ride up front, let alone without asking and on the first ride of the vacation.

We had such a nice time, I just e-mailed my TA to see if there was still availability at a moderate over labor day during the free dining promotion. If we go during a holiday, I would only need to miss 2 days of work and I'm not usually swamped during holidays. Keep your fringers crossed for me, please!

FlaKim: I'm glad Kaylin's race went well. Looks like sooooo much fun!

BABs & GWN: I do plan on dressing my family up for pirate night. I planning to pick up some costumes around halloween or even better would be on clearance right after! I think its fun to dress up! I'm sticking them in tuxes too. The only hiccup may be that DS is into character shirts, if it doesn't have disney or sesame street on it, he doesn't want to wear it. I'm not sure how a bow tie and cumberbun (sp) will look over a Tigger T. :rotfl:

sherrie
06-09-2006, 04:43 AM
lol kim c, i think it would be a true fashion statement.

michellej2000
06-09-2006, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=kimsue68]Michelle, we are around the Cherry Hill area. My niece will be just turning 12 in May. I will let my sister know about your dd. Does your dd do AOL IM? If so PM me and we can exchange info. If not mabey they can just e-mail each other.[/QUO

NOOOOOOO...... we needed to move our cruise.... not going on may 5th now ...... :(
nephew will not be able to take off time from college then so we moved it AHEAD !!!! we are now booked on MARCH 10th, 2007 western magic... sorry we didn't get to meet all you wonderful people.. i will keep reading the posts here to see how all are doing !!! :furious: :furious: :furious:

KimberlyC
06-09-2006, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=kimsue68]Michelle, we are around the Cherry Hill area. My niece will be just turning 12 in May. I will let my sister know about your dd. Does your dd do AOL IM? If so PM me and we can exchange info. If not mabey they can just e-mail each other.[/QUO

NOOOOOOO...... we needed to move our cruise.... not going on may 5th now ...... :(
nephew will not be able to take off time from college then so we moved it AHEAD !!!! we are now booked on MARCH 10th, 2007 western magic... sorry we didn't get to meet all you wonderful people.. i will keep reading the posts here to see how all are doing !!! :furious: :furious: :furious:

That's too bad :( We'll miss having you. But I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time in March. On the bright side, you get to go that much sooner! Have a wonderful cruise.

GreatWhiteNorth
06-10-2006, 07:14 PM
KimberlyC - Thats why I AM going on this cruise. I was scheduled to go Nov 4/06 but nephew is getting married.
Sorry we will miss you but you can tell us all about your trip in March!

Time until Saturday, May 5, 2007 at 10:00:00 AM (Calgary time)
328 days
7887 hours
473250 minutes
28395024 seconds

Babs417
06-11-2006, 07:33 PM
My 11 year old GD wants to know if anyone on the cruise takes gymnastics? :bounce: :jumping2: :jumping3:

lilo62
06-12-2006, 11:31 AM
:welcome: We have a Roll Call on page one. If you let me know your and your DH's first names I'll add you to the list.

Sorry for my delay in responding. I was having an awful time getting on the board this weekend; server too busy and/or it wouldn'ta ccept my password!

Anyway....here I am!!!

Here's our info Kimberly - we'd love to be added to the roll call page!

Gina and Jeff - Greenwich, CT

OUtwinmom
06-12-2006, 12:49 PM
I just found these boards... we just booked this cruise late last week. It will be me, DH, and our twin girls, who will be 5 by next May. This is our first cruise of any kind, and we are so excited! This cruise is an early celebration for us for our 10th anniversary, as our anniversary is in June but there are no 7 day cruises in June, so May works for us. ;) We all love Disney, we have taken our DDs to Disney World once for a week, and we have visited Disneyland Paris twice.

I am looking forward to chatting with you all!

Jennifer

Babs417
06-12-2006, 01:00 PM
OUtwinmom your first post is us! WELCOME! Where are you from? :wave:

OUtwinmom
06-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Yep, I am definitely a newbie! ;) I am glad I found these boards. We just moved to Wichita Falls, TX in January. We lived in England for four years prior to our recent move here. We're pretty much originally from Oklahoma though. My husband is active duty Air Force so we've moved so much since we got married.

We're planning to drive to FL for the cruise, since our daughters haven't seen a lot of the US yet. It's so far away but we're so excited about it, we can already hardly stop talking about this trip. :Pinkbounc

Babs417
06-12-2006, 10:01 PM
You will love these boards you can learn so much. :wave2: :surfweb: pixiedust:

KimberlyC
06-13-2006, 12:59 AM
Sorry for my delay in responding. I was having an awful time getting on the board this weekend; server too busy and/or it wouldn'ta ccept my password!

Anyway....here I am!!!

Here's our info Kimberly - we'd love to be added to the roll call page!

Gina and Jeff - Greenwich, CT

No problem. I've got you added. :thumbsup2

The Kirks
06-13-2006, 07:36 AM
Wow! Gone for a weekend and miss it all! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Bad weather here. Could be worse, since most of the storm missed us. Another exciting summer it looks like! Not really looking forward to another summer like last year!
Glad to see a new group. It will be great meeting everyone, although this means I am gonna have to start training so I get a hammock at Castaway Cay! :yay: :yay: :yay:
FLAKIM!

OUtwinmom
06-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Could you add me to the roll call page also? There's me Jennifer, DH Mike, DD Mandy (5) and DD Shannon (5).

Thanks!

Jennifer

kimsue68
06-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Sorry to say this but you can take us off the roll call list. :sad1: We had to change to October. Have fun!!

The Kirks
06-14-2006, 07:04 AM
awww. We lost a Kim! I'm sorry! :guilty:

pppiglet
06-14-2006, 09:03 AM
But we gained a Jennifer....Welcome!

KimberlyC
06-14-2006, 11:54 AM
:( That's too bad S. Jersey Kim. But have a wonderful time in October (is that 06 or 07?)

Welcome Jennifer!

mbw12
06-17-2006, 07:27 AM
So glad that I found this thread! We just booked our cruise! yaya!!!!! :cool1:

It will be:
Myself, DH, DS9, DD7, and my parents (70's...LOL!!!!)

pppiglet
06-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Welcome MBW....what's your name? Glad to have you join us!

lilo62
06-19-2006, 11:46 AM
No problem. I've got you added. :thumbsup2

Thanks! Now I really feel like part of the gang!

Is there anyone else out there (so far) that will be at the second seating for dinner?

lilo62
06-19-2006, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=KimberlyC]Edited To Add:
:welcome: We can't wait to sail! :sail: Join the Roll Call by posting that you (and your cast of characters) will be joining us! Here we are so far (in order of appearance)....

pppiglet (from La Mirada, Cali) = Debbie + DH Jim + DS Tyler (23)
lunsusie (from central Fla) = Susie + DS Andy (__)
LostGirls (from Seattle, Wash) = Lynn + DH_____ + DD____ (9) + DD____ (5)
CRSNDSNY (from PA) = CAN'T GO :(
KimberlyC (from SE Mich) = Kim + DH Brian + DS Devin (almost 3)
The Kirks (from Fla) = Kim + DH Carl + Dstepson Carl (15) + DD Kaylin (9) AND MIL_____, BIL_____, SIL_____, DNiece_____ (2)
Sherrie (from Wallingford, CT) = Sherrie + DH Ron + DGD Katie (8)
Erin1998 (from Ontario, Can) = Erin + DS_____ (8)
Married2Grumpy (from Long Island, NY) = ______ + DH_____ + DD_____ (9) + DS____ (8) + DD_____ (6)
kimsue68 (from S. Jersey) = CAN'T GO :(
Babs417 (from Somerdale, NJ) = CAN'T GO :(
michellej2000 (from S. Jersey) = CAN'T GO :(
GreatWhiteNorth (from Alberta, Canada) = Angie
lilo62 (from Greenwich, CT) = Gina + DH Jeff
OUtwinmom (from Wichita Falls, TX) = Jennifer + DH Mike + DD Mandy (5) + DD Shannon (5)

WOW! We've lost 4 already! I know it's 11 mos. away and things do change - so quickly too!

GreatWhiteNorth
06-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Lilo62
We are 2nd seating !! I am still not sure who is coming with me but I think it is looking like my DBF will be joining me :cool1:

LostGirls
06-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Wow - I haven't been getting updates either - I had to go back and read like 5 pages! :confused3
Here's our info. Thanks for putting together a roll call!
Me, Lynn
DH, Marty
DD, Ashley (9)
DD, Emily (5)

Jennifer - I have a 5 year old girl too! We'll have to have them meet. Since she won't be with her sister in the club, she'll like to have friends. :)

Kimberly C - I saw that you had stayed in the Treehouse Villas at WDW. I did too - do you know what happened to them? They were great - I'd love to stay there again, but I don't see them advertised anywhere. :confused3

pppiglet
06-20-2006, 12:57 AM
How funny about the updates. I was just having that problem on another board. Back in March they asked me some questions and I just accidently found them today! I know on here they are more often and I usually get most from this thread.

lilo62
06-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Just trying to keep the thread a little more in the forefront! We got buried there!

Happy 4th of July everyone!

OUtwinmom
06-30-2006, 08:01 PM
I hadn't been getting the updates either, then I got one today for the first time in at least a week or so. Weird.

Thanks for adding me to the roll call! :thumbsup2

Lynn, we'll definitely have to introduce our little ones! I know that even though mine have each other, they will feel better staying there knowing they have at least one new friend. :)

Jennifer

married2grumpy
06-30-2006, 08:02 PM
I just switched our sailing today to the 10/6/07 Western instead. I will surely miss the beautiful May weather and calm seas but with the kids crazy spring schedules, October works out better.

My brother and his wife haven't switched yet so they may still be sailing with you all. Have a great trip! I'll watch you sail away on the port cam that day wishing I was there with you all.

pppiglet
06-30-2006, 08:05 PM
And as of next week we will only have 10 more months to go!

sherrie
07-01-2006, 07:37 AM
happy 4th all, be safe. been so hectic lately havent been on the boards much. flkim how is the house coming. tell kayla hi , katie hasnt been over much as she is now in camp and being the social butterfly with her freinds. no time for her meme.

KimberlyC
07-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Sorry all but I have not been getting e-mail notifications or if I have they have gone to my bulk mail which I rarely check so I have some updating to do.

MarriedToGrumpy: We will miss you but have a wonderful cruise in October.

mbw12: :welcome: If you post your names and where you hail from, I'll add you to our roll call list on the bottom of page 1. We have been trying to keep track of who is sailing with us, the ages of the kids, and unfortunately who can no longer join us.

Lynn (LostGirls): I'll add your family members' names to the Roll Call list.
As for the treehouses, Disney stopped using them a few years ago, sort of. I understand that some of them are being used for the College Program. The area next to them was demolished and became Saratoga Springs Resort - the new DVC resort. The land where the Treehouses sit is protected wetlands. The treehouses are grandfathered in but if Disney tears them down, nothing can be built in their place. It doesn't seem like they have any plans of renovating but I understand that some of them look like they are in not so great condition. I honestly don't know what, if any, long time plan Disney has for them. I would love to stay there again for the sentimental value. It was my first trip to Disney and the only trip with my granparents who died 2 years later.

Everyone have a wonderful and safe holiday!

lilo62
07-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Hope everyone is having a fun, safe 4th of July.

sherrie
07-08-2006, 03:20 PM
anyone having any luck booking airfare yet, flying out out of hartford we have never paid ove $189.00 pp. right now the cheapest is $314.00!!!!! :rotfl: :moped: :sad2: :rolleyes1 :sad2: :scared1: :sad1: :confused: :scared: :eek: :headache: :worried: pixiedust:

pppiglet
07-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Well, I've never flown before and posting on other boards and researching flights, I will probably book sometime soon. Doesn't look like prices are going to go down and from LAX-MCO round trip non-stop cheapest I can find is $407. Plus there are only a few nonstop (like 3) so I have slim pickens. I'm afraid if I wait too long they might sell out!

I could possible do a layover on the way back, but don't want to on the way there. What a long day that would be.

sherrie
07-08-2006, 07:15 PM
i agree plus we could probably always get a refund or voucher if the rate goes down. if i see it climb any higher i will book, the flights i am looking at right now are totally empty.

KimberlyC
07-10-2006, 09:40 AM
anyone having any luck booking airfare yet, flying out out of hartford we have never paid ove $189.00 pp. right now the cheapest is $314.00!!!!! :rotfl: :moped: :sad2: :rolleyes1 :sad2: :scared1: :sad1: :confused: :scared: :eek: :headache: :worried: pixiedust:

I'm going to wait. Sherrie, Southworst Airlines should have a good deal (comparatively speaking) but you have to wait to book it. I don't use them anymore but only because I want direct flights now that I have DS. When I used to fly to Bradley Int'l from DTW I used to have to fly west and change planes at Chicago Midway to fly east to Hartford. :confused3 I booked AirTran just last week for the September WDW trip we added. Round trip DTW to MCO for $468 (for 4) which works out to $117 per person. :thumbsup2 Although I did pay about $265 pp for our June flight on Northworst. :( I was a little pickier about the times though, had I been more flexible I could probably have gotten a better deal.

As for the voucher's, don't count on it. I know some of the discount airlines will refund you the difference BUT will still charge you to change the ressie. So, on AirTRan for example, you can switch flights for $50 per person. If you find a cheaper price, they'll give it to you but charge you $50 to change. It would have to be a steep discount in order to cover the change fee. Make sure to check the fine print.

Debbie, I can't speak to the flight from the west coast, but for the midwest/east coast flights, I'm willing to bet that better deals will come out.

The Kirks
07-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Hope everyone is doing well. I have been so busy that I have not had the chance to check in..besides that I am not getting the e-mails that tell me when there is new messages. I need this vacation more than ever right now. Thats what gets me through the days lately! Hope everyone had a great 4th!
Kim

sherrie
07-10-2006, 03:08 PM
thanks kim i will wait

LostGirls
07-11-2006, 11:32 PM
KimberlyC - thanks for the info. on the Tree houses. I was very curious. We won't be going any time soon, with the cruise and all, but I did buy the WDW Passporter and didn't see anything in there either (and there is no way they would've left that out!) :)

For our cruise in 2005, I found our airfare through SideStep. It's like Orbitz or Travelocity, but I did find the cheapest airfare there. I'm not looking yet - DH's job may be facing a few changes. Hopefully nothing drastic, but we are going to wait until August or September to book the airfare. I am passing the time and amusing myself by trying to think up a really awesome way to surprise our girls at Christmas. :goodvibes

pppiglet
07-12-2006, 08:57 AM
I went ahead and booked our flights. Not cheap, but got non-stops and the times I wanted. I will budget elsewhere to save money. I know that they will probably change the times lots before the actual flight, so I will keep an eye on it.

sherrie
07-17-2006, 06:59 PM
hey all, it is monday night we are now at 291 days which equals 6995 hours to go :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :yay:

pppiglet
07-18-2006, 11:58 PM
Naw Sherrie....that sounds soooooo long. My count down says it will only be 9 more mos and 2weeks. Man... it will be here before you know it! Time to start making some payments! I pretty much figured out today what excursions we want to do.

sherrie
07-19-2006, 04:28 PM
what excursions are you planning to do ppiglet, i think in key west i am going to the butterfly museum and the aquaraiom and the key lime giraffe place. that is as far as i am right now. somewhere i would love to do the dolphins and maybe paradise beach

pppiglet
07-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Looks like we are doing Key West on our own. Probably use the trolley or walk. Also seeing the butterflies, Blonde Giraffe for Key Lime, ans a list of other stuff.

Cozumel we are doing the Tropical Jeep tour and then just hang out and shop.

Grand Cayman we will probably to to 7 mile beach on our own and if we have time do the Island Tour and butterfly farm.

Castaway Key we are doing the Eco Tour and then hanging out at Serenity Beach.

lilo62
07-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Hey girls - it's been a while! Just thought I'd check in and say hi!

pppiglet
07-20-2006, 10:42 PM
Hi lilo!

KimberlyC
07-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Hi all! Well it seems no excursions for me. DS is too young for most it appears. I wish he could do the dolphin swim, though. I think KW, we'll bum around on our own. We may not get off the ship in either GC or Cozumel. I don't really know yet.

sherrie
07-23-2006, 05:32 PM
how do you all like my new ticker

sherrie
07-23-2006, 05:54 PM
interesting both have may 5,2007 both have different days remaining

KimberlyC
07-23-2006, 10:50 PM
how do you all like my new ticker

Very Nice!

I'm thinking of re-doing mine because its set for May 5th when really we plan to go a day or 2 early and to me vacation starts when I head for the airport. I didn't do it in the first place because I thought it would be confusing if I had a different number of days from everyone else, but I solved that problem by putting the sail date underneath. What do you think?

pppiglet
07-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Just got back from a weekend in Las Vegas. My first plane trip in about 14-20years! OK...so now I'm more relaxed and ready to go on our trip next year and in four more days it will only be 9 months away! Ok....1lb a month to lose....I think I can handle that.

pppiglet
08-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Hi...just bumping up so a person on the CC board going on this cruise can find us!

KimberlyC
08-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi...just bumping up so a person on the CC board going on this cruise can find us!

I haven't been on cruise critic in quite awhile but I should check it out. As soon as our Labor Day WDW trip is over I need to start concentrating on cruise planning. I'm KimberlyC on CC as well so look for me there.

Hope everyone is doing great and beating the unbearable heat!

GreatWhiteNorth
08-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Just thought I would say hi as I have not been here for a while.
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. It seems to be going by so fast.
I am still working on getting my DBF to join me in May. I am pretty sure I can talk her into going. :thumbsup2 I havent booked a flight yet. Not sure if I should wait for a seat sale.
Talk to you all soon!!
Stay cool :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

pppiglet
08-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Nine months exactly from today! Hope your DBF decides to go!

sherrie
08-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Hello fellow cruisers, how is everyone doing? just back from vacation and back to work tomorrow, bummer.

Lilo how did you hold up in this CT heat wave. brutal i think it was worse than in Florida. we went to Lake George NY very nice but not disney if you know what i mean. Did you book your flight yet. Still really high from Bradley

Fl. kim where are you? Haven't heard from you in a while.

wdwpirates
08-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi folks!! I am a little late joining this party!! My DH and I will be cruising on 5/5 w/ you all. This will be my 1st cruise ever and I have to say that I am nervous as heck!! We visit WDW 2 x's a year and have that process down.....I guess its just fear of the unknown. I am glad to see that there will be so many friendly people joining us!!

sherrie
08-09-2006, 03:29 PM
welcome aboard pirates, i am in CT. this is my first cruise also. waiting for airfare to drop a bit. where do you fly out of?

pppiglet
08-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi....welcome WDWpirates! It's our first trip to Florida so that's our "fear of the unknown". I learn more stuff on the internet about it and WDW every day! It will be our 3rd cruise...oh we are so addicted!

wdwpirates
08-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Sherrie, We typically fly out of Providence via Southwest (always THE BEST rates)when we go to WDW and that's where we are flying out of for the cruise as well. My husband ended up booking a cruise package with AAA that includes Air and Ground trans so I am not even sure what airline we will be using yet. I usualy do all the vacation planning and don't use a travel agent but my husband wanted to "take this one over". FRIGHTENING!!

pppiglet, so glad to hear that there is someone else out there feeling like me!! Let me know if you have questions about WDW....always glad to help!!

lunsusie
08-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Welcome aboard, WDWpirates! pirate:

wdwpirates
08-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks lunsusie! :cutie:

KimberlyC
08-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi folks!! I am a little late joining this party!! My DH and I will be cruising on 5/5 w/ you all. This will be my 1st cruise ever and I have to say that I am nervous as heck!! We visit WDW 2 x's a year and have that process down.....I guess its just fear of the unknown. I am glad to see that there will be so many friendly people joining us!!

:welcome: Glad you will be aboard with us. Please let me know your names and I'll add you to our roll call list near the bottom of page one.

And have no fear. We have not yet sailed DCL either, but sail one ship and..ok you haven't sailed them all but I don't expect it to be that different. Sailing with our toddler, now that I expect to be different. First I need to get the little man potty trained. I expect that we will all LOVE the cruise - so much more relaxing than a "normal" vacation.

I've been away from the cruise forum (and cruise chat) for awhile since we are going to WDW again in September and that's been my focus. Have I missed anything? I mean besides you lovely people, that is.

As for airfare, we are waiting too. I kept my eyes open and was lucky enough to get a non-stop flight for upcoming trip for $117 per person roundtrip from Detroit to MCO! Considering gas prices, I could barely drive down for that. pixiedust:

pppiglet
08-09-2006, 11:59 PM
I rechecked my flights and they have gone up $50 each pp.

sherrie
08-10-2006, 04:45 PM
typical air from hartford is around 189.00 right now it is average 313.00. we may be driiving if need be but really dread that thought. i guess we will wait for southwest and decide.

KimberlyC
08-10-2006, 11:08 PM
typical air from hartford is around 189.00 right now it is average 313.00. we may be driiving if need be but really dread that thought. i guess we will wait for southwest and decide.

Northwest is $244 pp for us right now. That's not horrible, but it certainly isn't great. I paid about that in June but only because I was picky about the times. I'm waiting to see what AirTran comes out with. I'll check Southwest too but I REALLY don't want a layover. I tell you that $117 pp spoiled me. I still can't believe we got such a deal. It makes up for the fact that after today's events I must completely rethink my packing. I took a small cooler of drinks on DS's first flight. Now I'm just hoping that we don't have to check the phones, laptop and my watch. I made the executive decision to leave the DVD player at home. Its not a really long flight. I'm just concerned about the lines for security.

sherrie
08-11-2006, 04:55 AM
kim 244 sounds great to me right now, i would grab it

KimberlyC
08-11-2006, 01:15 PM
kim 244 sounds great to me right now, i would grab it

The problem is Northwest is "unstable". I'd rather fly a different carrier.

sherrie
08-12-2006, 06:32 AM
I hear ya, right now i am thinking driving might be best. i cant see paying over $900.00 in plane tix. my mom had just booked a flight the night before all of this terrorist stuff came out to fly to heathrow in london where she is from. My aunt lives in high wyckem(sp?) where many of them lived. She is going 10/1/06

lilo62
08-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Haven't been in the forum for quite a while. Lots going on. I JUST checked airfare out of mere curiosity yesterday and I am going to wait too. For my DH and I, it was pretty expensive; over $450. Now today it's $355 which isn't bad and I'm tempted. Although, I'd really love to see what AirTran will offer - they don't have May avail yet. My friends just flew AT a few weeks ago and got their fare for $65 pp. I'll take $130 r/t over $355!!! I want to check out Jet Blue as well. We'll see what happens!

pppiglet
08-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi....just checking back in. Everyone still going? Just think...it will be christmas before you know it and then countdown to our cruise! Went to DL Sunday and just made me more in the mood to get on that cruise! It was an interesting day. Bats Day 2006 when all the Goths show up in the park and get their pictures taken in front of the Haunted Mansion. There were 1250 of them at last count when we went by. Calif Adventure was nice and empty and so relaxing. Had a nice dinner and came home.

KimberlyC
08-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Hi....just checking back in. Everyone still going? Just think...it will be christmas before you know it and then countdown to our cruise! Went to DL Sunday and just made me more in the mood to get on that cruise! It was an interesting day. Bats Day 2006 when all the Goths show up in the park and get their pictures taken in front of the Haunted Mansion. There were 1250 of them at last count when we went by. Calif Adventure was nice and empty and so relaxing. Had a nice dinner and came home.
:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:
Once upon a time (ok early '90's) I had purple hair, a nose ring and yes, I only wore black. My poor mother didn't know what to do with me.

I didn't know there was such a day. Now I feel like I missed out. These days I'd be heading in the opposite direction. I think I'm old at 30 something. :lmao:

wdwpirates
08-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Yup! Still going and so excited!!! We are also going to VWL in December so I am psyched about that. This is the first time I have planned 2 Disney trips at once! WEEEE!!!! I would love to get out to DL someday. pppiglet, it sounds like you had yourself an interesting time!!!

Is it time to go to Disney yet????

LostGirls
08-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Hi again to all. Still planning on going!! :cool1:

Pppiglet - who are you flying with? I've been looking at air fare out of Seattle and it's SO expensive! My husband doesn't think it's going to get any cheaper, but I am having a hard time committing to $350 plus per person!
Especially when we paid $213 in 2005. :rolleyes:

pppiglet
08-26-2006, 02:37 PM
We are going Delta non-stop to MCO and American Airlines non-stop back. $397 RT so for the 3 of us just under $1200.

lunsusie
08-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi, Cruisers! Yes, we are still on for the 5/5/07 Western Magic! We spent last weekend in WDW and had a great time. Looking forward to the cruise.

pixiedust: Pixie dust for all those cruising this week. Here's wishing them fair winds and calm seas and hope that Ernesto stays out of their way!

KimberlyC
08-26-2006, 09:44 PM
We are going Delta non-stop to MCO and American Airlines non-stop back. $397 RT so for the 3 of us just under $1200.

Ouch! They really get you flying from the West Coast. But its non-stop and you have it booked and get to :banana:

LibraryGoddess
09-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Hi, everyone, I'm Tricia, and our family of four: DH, 21 YO DS, 14 YO DS and me, will be on this cruise. This will be our first cruise, and I had been planning for a year to book this cruise on this date. I was so disappointed when I discovered that it wouldn't be sailing the Caribbean on this date due to the Mediterranean Cruise, so I booked the 4 day Bahaman cruise instead. Just the other day, I checked the website and discovered that there is a Western Caribbean cruise that week, so I called and switched immediately.

As a first time cruiser, I have a lot of questions, so I'd be glad for advice and input from any of you veterans.

Tricia

LibraryGoddess
09-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Hi, Kimberly. You can add me to the roll call, if you're still keeping up with that. I'm Tricia, Patti, Mom or the LibraryGoddess (LG), depending on who is addressing me. Iwill be joined by my husband, Mark, and my 2 DS's Travis, who will have just turned 21 a few days before we set sail and Marcus, 14.

LG

lunsusie
09-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Hi, everyone, I'm Tricia, and our family of four: DH, 21 YO DS, 14 YO DS and me, will be on this cruise. This will be our first cruise, and I had been planning for a year to book this cruise on this date. I was so disappointed when I discovered that it wouldn't be sailing the Caribbean on this date due to the Mediterranean Cruise, so I booked the 4 day Bahaman cruise instead. Just the other day, I checked the website and discovered that there is a Western Caribbean cruise that week, so I called and switched immediately.

As a first time cruiser, I have a lot of questions, so I'd be glad for advice and input from any of you veterans.

Tricia

Welcome, Tricia and family! I am Susie and will be sailing with my DSAndy who is 18. This will be our fifth Disney cruise. :boat: :sail:

Please ask all the questions you like. There are many knowledgeable folks in this group and we will help any way we can. :thumbsup2

pppiglet
09-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Hi LibraryGoddess! My DS was 21 on his first Disney cruise and loved it. He hung out with us the whole time. Most of the Disers in our group last time had very small children. Looks like he might have some older ones to hang out with this time!

I was like you too and had originally booked April 21st since May 5th wasn't available, but then someone on these boards mentioned they opened it up and I called them right away and booked it. It still didn't show up on DCLs website for quite a long time after I booked it.

You are going to have such a great time!

LibraryGoddess
09-03-2006, 04:50 AM
Thank you for the welcome. Our family is from PA. I've read on these boards that the Passporter is an invaluable tool for getting information one needs to know. Right after church I'm heading to Border's to purchase that. I've read the Birnbaum cover-to-cover multiple times, but I know that they are very "Disney-friendly" and don't always include some of the unofficial info it's useful to have.
Speaking of church, I don't suppose they have any Sunday services on board? I've attended mass at the Polynesian at WDW, but none of the DCL info mentions it. I suppose a good Catholic family can afford to miss mass once in a while. :angel:
The first main inquiry I'd like to submit to you veterans concerns excursions. Is it worth while booking excursions, or is time better spent exploring the ports on your own? We have never snorkeled before, and we'd really like to do that. Thanks for any advice on that. I'll have more questions later.

pppiglet
09-03-2006, 02:33 PM
We liked booking excursions on the trips we've taken, otherwise we would be like"what do you want to do....I don't know...what do you want to do?" So excursions settle wasted time for us. If there is time after the excursion before needing to get back to the ship then we will check out the area nearby.

I have the Passporter also. It's the best! The other one is alright (I have it too) but the Passporter is just great info. I think the Birnbaum had great descriptions of the excursions though.

As for services on board... I think it's just for the major holidays.

LibraryGoddess
09-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Do you veterans think that booking a 7-night cruise as a first-timer is a wise idea, or would it have been better to get our "sea legs" on a shorter cruise? When this cruise was unavailable for the week of 5/5, I was disappointed, but then I came up with many reasons why maybe the 4 nighter was better: lower cost, not being as rushed to get to Port Canaveral and then back home for work, etc. Then when I found the the Western cruise WAS available, my DH wanted to switch. We like the itinerary, and we probably won't be doing the DCL again for quite a while. (We want to do Alaska next, so we'll need to save for that.) So, we decided to splurge and go for the big one.

Also, as this is the last Caribbean cruise before the Magic sets sail for Europe, will we be getting the usual high standard of service, or will the crew be busy preparing the ship for their Mediterranean adventure?

LostGirls
09-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Welcome LG!
Our first cruise was May 2005 and we were the last trip before they went thru the Panama Canal. We thought the service was just super - so I don't think we should have any problems with that! We had nice calm seas and I think you'll be glad to have the 7 days. I can't imagine doing anything shorter, but then again, I haven't, so I'm not a good judge! :goodvibes
We did two excursions, and have family in Key West we visited with. Next time, I may only plan one excursion. Maybe spend a little more time on the ship (at the pools) when it is in port. And I want to sit on the beach and do NOTHING at Castaway Cay!! :thumbsup2
I'm still looking for decent airfare from Seattle..... :rolleyes:

pppiglet
09-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Ours also was a 7 nighter the first time and I am so glad we did it. 4 days would be too short.

I think the crew will be very excited about going to the Meditteranean and they will be happy and do a great job!

lilo62
09-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Hi fellow cruisers! It's been a while. Welcome LG! Once you've gotten a taste of crusing - that's it!

DH and I for our first cruise did the 4 night one because I was not sure how I would like it. Well.....after it was over, I didn't want to leave the ship and still feel that way with the 7-nights. I go thru cruise withdrawal for at least 2 weeks after we come back. I miss the CM's, the people etc. DH and I had the best cruise this past May. There were so many cool people on the ship. Our tablemates were a family and honeymooners. I had chatted with the gals on this msg board prior to the cruise. We are now happy we can call them friends! The family has 2 kids; 9 and 5. We saw the kids for maybe 15 min. at dinner - they wanted to be in their respective clubs not with us boring adults! We had ALOT of fun together and we see the family once a month since they live 45 min. from us. The honeymooners live in Texas so that's a little harder.... :sad1: The four of us are planning at Eastern cruise together in May 2008 - we hope the honeymooners can join us to - it'll be a reunion!

Haven't checked the airfare lately. I think I might want to wait until after Christmas. I need some room for gifts on the cc!

OurDogCisco
09-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Ok....I'm starting this because I didn't find another thread. I just switched from 4/21/2007 cruise to this one since they just added this week and it's our 25th anniv. week and my DH birthday week! Can't wait to go! :cool1:

Debbie, I think my best friend is going on this cruise. I'll have to ask her.

Tina

pppiglet
09-06-2006, 11:40 PM
Debbie, I think my best friend is going on this cruise. I'll have to ask her.

Tina

Hey....that would be great! :cool1:

gallafamily
09-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Just wanted to say that we have officially booked this trip!! It will be myself, DH & 3 DS's-ages 11,4,& 1-(these are ages @ time of cruise). We are so excited! This is going to be our 4th cruise, but our 1st time on the Magic. We have done the 4 night all the other times, & had a 7 nighter booked for this past may, but we had a special delivery, so we had to cancel (note the age of our last child)!

Happy to be joining everyone on this cruise! :cool1:

LibraryGoddess
09-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Hello, Gallafamily. This is our family's first cruise, and I've been asking the veterans on these boards for some advice.

My next question concerns dinner attire. There is a formal and a semi-formal dinner on the 7-night cruises. Do most people get dressed up? I don't mind dressing up, but my guys don't want to wear suits. The best I'm going to get will be collared shirts and khakis.

gallafamily
09-13-2006, 11:16 PM
I don't know much about the 7 night cruises, as this is my first. However, in the research I have done, I would say that alot of people do dress up, & don't take too kindly to people who come to the dinner not dressed up. They seem to feel that if you aren't going to participate in dressing up, then to go to eat at the buffet or have room service. I am still doing research to see what is considered dressed up on formal & semi-formal nights. My trusty passporter states:

"Formal night is "black tie optional". Many men wear tuxedos & women typically wear long evening gowns, but semi-formal is fine, too."

I am still researching & will let you know what I find out. I have 3 small boys & a husband that will probably not want to go the tuxedo route, but will probably do the suit. The boys, I will have to see what is exceptable.

I hope this helps at least a little bit. :confused3

pppiglet
09-14-2006, 09:15 AM
Welcome Gallafamily!

My DS and DH wore suits on formal and semi-formal. Formal they went with white shirts and semi formal colored shirts just to look a little different. I wore a black dress about knee length on formal night and a long tropical skirt and black shirt on semi-formal.

My next question concerns dinner attire. There is a formal and a semi-formal dinner on the 7-night cruises. Do most people get dressed up? I don't mind dressing up, but my guys don't want to wear suits. The best I'm going to get will be collared shirts and khakis.

I was the one that didn't want to get dressed up but DS and DH wanted to. Go figure!
We even had to go out and buy suits for them because they didn't own any! Now for this next cruise I already have my formal dress bought. I just have to lose some weight to fit into it better!

MickeyD
09-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi all, Well it looks like you can add three more to this roster. :)
We sailed the May 6th Western last year and had an awesome time so decided this would be the perfect "senior trip" for our ds. He was adamant that it had to be Disney. :) It is actually going to be our 6th cruise with Disney, our 10th overall. It will actually be his graduation gift as I still have to fund a trip back to Colorado in June for my neice's wedding. ;)

As for the dress question: let me just say that in 5 cruise with Disney we have seen it all, from shorts and flip flops, to tuxes. We usually dress nicely, but not extravagant, I could never get dh in a tux (except for our wedding), but I may get ds into his suit that he wore for his prom last year (would like to see him get one more wear out of it! ) :)
Usually, for guys khakis or dockers and a button down shirt-sometimes with a tie, and ladies a nice dress.

Looking forward to cruising with you all!

Lisa

pppiglet
09-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi MickeyD!

How was the weather on your trip last May and how about the sea? Was it smooth sailing or kind of rough?

We've only done the Mexican Riviera and it was pretty smooth both times. DH gets seasick, but the Bonine did fine for him on both of these trips.

gallafamily
09-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Anyone here have any ideas on places to get cute boys dress clothes for pretty cheap (or at least reasonable)?

I am so excited about this trip! I am already being really compulsive on planning. What am I going to do for the next 7 months!?! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Does anyone else here have small children? Most of the people here seem to have older kids. That's okay too. :thumbsup2

lunsusie
09-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Welcome Gallafamily and MickeyD! It is exciting to see our group of DISers growing! :welcome: