PDA

View Full Version : 12/20/07 Christmas Cruise 2007 (Updated DIS cruisers list)

Pages : [1] 2

rsschneck
03-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Who is going on the Christmas Cruise in 2007? The actual cruise date should be 12/22/07 (OOPS!)

We are going!!!!! :thumbsup2

This will be a 20th Anniversary Trip for DH and Myself! :eek:

We got a SPH room (have tried two times before with no success). I am so excited!

I am updating this first post to include the list of DISers who are cruising on the Christmas Cruise of 2007

DIS name Cabin number Guests sailing

rsschneck 5022 (SPH) 3 (DD age 10)
rsschneck (parents) 5018 2
flexsmom 4 (DD8, DS 4)
flexsmom group consists of 14 people and 6 staterooms total
rsjj 4 (DS 8, DS 5)
magicalfam 5 5 (DS 18, DD16,DS15)
4boons 6050 3 (DD13)
solotraveler 2
vavasmom 3 (DD12)
nu cruzer (2 cabins) 5 (DS15,DD12)
Bo'sMom
Hockeychic 4 (DS18,DD15)
Aisling Cat. 6 4 (DS22,DS15)
PoohJen
mwstar
lharter 8540 4 (DS14, DD10)
PPFQP
Dreamsoftravel 2538 4 (DD10, DS6)
Dreamsoftravel (parents)
Dreamsoftravel (Brother's Family)
lllpath 7074 2
Kailey's Mom 7076 4 (DD9, DD4)
njmom23girls (2 staterooms)
Hoppy 4 (DD17, DD12)
Hoppy (MIL)
Hoppy (BIL, SIL, DS13, DS9)
Hoppy (BIL, SIL and 2 kids ages 4 & 1)
Rooms 6020-6026
ValDisney 3 (DS8)
ReggieB
Mickey's n Me 2078 4 (DD15, DD14)
Mickey's n Me 2080(GM and GD's from up above)
Mickey's n Me 2082 & 2084 (SIL, BIL, DS14, DD12)
Im A Princess 6010 2
gottagoo 3 (DD 13)
jestrell11 4 (DS 13, DD19)
mwstar 7 (DD15 and DD friend 15, DD5, DD3, DS3)
stillwater 7608 4 (DS12, DD12)
stormys 7 (DS1 and Dniece2)
CrusinLattas 2135 & 2137 (DD3, DS 21 months)
scm 2609
RSJRS 6536 2 adults and 6538 3 teens(DS 17, DS 13, DD 15)

logan1_2000
03-02-2006, 12:40 PM
DW, DS (11, by then, 9 today!) and I just moved our 3/3/07 ressie to the 12/22/07 Eastern--our 3rd eastern, and second time in 7014 (next door in 7012 the other time on the magic). Our first cruise during xmas week--anyone know when chanukah is that year?--we did still have all the decorations up on the RCCL Radiance of the seas when we sailed on January 2nd this year, so we're looking forward to another festive ship.

And now that I'm checking in a couple days later to edit a typo, what, no one else makes plans 650+ days in advance?

flexsmom
03-08-2006, 08:14 AM
Have a reservation on hold - just trying to convince DH it's a good thing to do! It would be the two of us, DD who'll be 8 then, DS who'll be 4, and my parents. Have to decide by Friday or we lose the reservation, so I'll let you know if we're a definite by then!

Soccermom-Cheri
03-11-2006, 04:38 PM
We're also on hold for Christmas 2007 :thumbsup2 - by then DS will be 15 (:sad2:) and DD will be 10. We'll be with 6 of our calm :rotfl2: sedate :rotfl: normal friends.

:woohoo:

rsjj
03-12-2006, 04:58 PM
we might be in. i'm hoping... :goodvibes not sure if we're keeping it or not. but it is on hold. will be 4 of us, myself & DH, and 2DSs (8 & 5 at time of travel). it's SO long from now...can't seem to start thinking about it yet! but i guess some people do plan 650+ days in advance. i don't even know what i'm doing tomorrow, let alone the next week...so a whole "close to 2 years ahead" is really a long time for me!! :flower:

flexsmom
03-14-2006, 10:23 PM
OK - we're definitely on. We're seriously locked in, too, with a non-refundable deposit! In some ways, I kind of like that, because it pretty much means we're not going to cancel lightly and DH won't just decide we shouldn't do it! I'm really excited about the prospect of being away at Christmas. I love all of our traditions at home, but I'm also looking forward to carrying over some of those traditions remotely in a way that doesn't involve large quantities of work on my part! :cool1:

I've been reading about a couple of other people on the main board who've booked, so we need to get them to sign up here! It may be 21 months out, but I'm already planning what my Perfect Gift Christmas-Themed Welcome Aboard surprise will be!

rsschneck
03-15-2006, 12:24 AM
It may be 21 months out, but I'm already planning what my Perfect Gift Christmas-Themed Welcome Aboard surprise will be!

Good idea! I will need an Anniversary Celebration idea as well! :love:

Glad your on board :woohoo:

logan1_2000
03-17-2006, 02:28 PM
DW, DS (11, by then, 9 today!) and I just moved our 3/3/07 ressie to the 12/22/07 Eastern--our 3rd eastern, and second time in 7014 (next door in 7012 the other time on the magic). Our first cruise during xmas week--anyone know when chanukah is that year?--we did still have all the decorations up on the RCCL Radiance of the seas when we sailed on January 2nd this year, so we're looking forward to another festive ship.

I'm addicted. No, it won't be our first Xmas week cruise. I went back this past week and booked three nights all nestled together tightly in 122 sq. ft. on the Sovereign of the Seas 12/26-12/29/06. Just to whet my appetite for next year's holiday week sailing. And to qualify for Platinum on RCCL's crown & anchor repeat cruiser program.

magicalfam5
03-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Just booked this week. Non-refundable deposit. There will be five of us--me, DH, DS18, DD16, DS15 (ages at time of cruise). It will be our 3rd cruise at Christmastime.

rsschneck
03-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Just booked this week. Non-refundable deposit. There will be five of us--me, DH, DS18, DD16, DS15 (ages at time of cruise). It will be our 3rd cruise at Christmastime.

Okay! Looking at your signature. You have been on a Christmas Cruise once and have two more scheduled. What did you like so much about the Christmas sailing? How is the weather and the warmth of the water? Does the ship seem overly crowded? Did you receive a Ducky Williams Litho on your last Christmas Cruise (trying to figure out if he does one for each Chrstmas/New Year's Cruise)? How is the ship decorated? Do you bring gifts/stockings for the kids? Do people decorate their cabins with lights or anything?

magicalfam5
03-17-2006, 10:50 PM
We tried the 10 day Christmas cruise since it was longer. We're doing this years 10 day for the same reason. In 2007, we don't have any desire to go to the Med. so we booked for Christmas again. It was a little strange being away from the cold and snow at Christmas. We celebrated Christmas with my mom and siblings the weekend before we left (we don't have a large extended family and DH parents are deceased). As far as the temps, we wore shorts and short sleeves the whole time. The weather was great. It was a little chilly (shorts with sweatshirt) on Castaway Cay. A storm came through the night before we arrived at CC and we couldn't swim because the predator net was down so I don't know what the water was like. Not to sound corny but, the ship seemed so "magical". It was decorated so beautifully. They had Christmas carols, snow, santa (with one gift each for the kids) and much more. Our kids were old enough to understand that the cruise was their Christmas gift. I know that others brought stockings and small gifts. We ordered a tree from Shirley, and I brought garland and window clings for inside the cabin and a large bow for our door with a door sign also. Many others decorated also. I did see a cabin with lights outside on their cabin door! We did recieve a litho and a small box of chocolate. The ship didn't seem any more crowded than our cruise during the summer.

rsschneck
03-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the reply :thumbsup2

Our family really LOVES Christmas and the whole feeling of the season. Sounds like we will all have a MAGICAL time!

flexsmom
03-18-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Shirlely can do trees! And I hadn't thought of window clings - my daughter loves to put those up and that will be a great idea for adding some Christmas touches, without adding much to the luggage load! We are definitely planning on stockings and some very small gifts under the tree. I figure if we are able to set up a few things at home before we leave, when we get back here, the kids will see what it is that they unwrapped pictures of on the ship.

I'm also thinking we may skip any excursions on Christmas Day - if anything we may get off and walk around in the afternoon, but we'll focus on excursions for St Thomas and then Castaway Cay, weather-dependent.

Has anyone seen a menu for Christmas dinners?

flexsmom
03-30-2006, 10:26 PM
BUMP!

Looks like we're going to have the run of the ship at this rate! Or maybe many people were waiting to compare Med rates to Holiday rates to decide what to do for 2007!

4boons
03-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Back on March 4th we moved our Thanksgiving 2006 to Christmas 2007. We will be in 6050. For this trip it will be the 3 boons DW, DD 13 and me DH aka "Benevolent Dictator" :rotfl2: DD 21 will probably stay home.

RonnieJo66
04-01-2006, 06:34 PM
:wave2:

We are also booked for "The Santa Sailing"

It's myself, BeanoC (DH), DS 17 at the time of sailing and DD 15 at the time of sailing.

Christmas with the Mouse :thumbsup2 what more could ya ask for!!!

:wave: 4boons........saw a letter for Beano in the mail today ;) did ya like the CD?

4boons
04-01-2006, 08:55 PM
BeanoC,
Thanks for the CD. It is wonderful and will help make the time until the santa sail go by a little faster. Looking forward to meeting you. enjoyed your written battle between you and Lynntenor on your last trip around the Magic.

RonnieJo66
04-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Just bumping us back to page 1 :thumbsup2

:boat: :sail:

Come sail away, come sail away....come sail away with me! :woohoo:

flexsmom
04-05-2006, 07:14 PM
So MagicalFam, when everyone says there is a "special menu" for Christmas dinner, what it is? I'm so glad to have a Christmas cruise alum who may be able to answer! We did Dec 04 but it was prior to Christmas. The decorations were wonderful as was the general atmosphere, but I have very little info about Christmas Day itself.

4boons
04-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Are we there yet?

logan1_2000
04-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Looking at the Mediterranean prices, doesn't the Christmas Cruise on the Magic seem a bargain by comparison?

I've read some grumbling about the "new" style navigators on the Magic the past couple weeks--DSIL was on the 3/25 but didn't say anything about them. She might not have noticed, she hadn't been on board since our first Wonder cruise, all together, back in 5/02.

Starting my 600 + days of antici....(say it!) PATION! (bonus points for those who identify the source of that phrase). Bought a never worn DCL polo short via ebay last week, that makes three different polo shirts I now own, along w/ two different DCL t-shirts, so add in my tux for formal night and my clothes are just about set for the cruise. And bought new water shoes (speedo brand) at costco recently.

So, where will we be on Xmas day? St. Maarten? I know the church holidays are big in the islands, but I'm assuming things will be open and activities going on...the cruise ships and tourism is the life-blood of the islands, after all. Am I wrong about that? Well, we've been to St. Maarten for a week at the Divi in 2000 and on three cruises since then, so it is a comfortable and familiar island to us. I'm assuming it will be too cool to swim at castaway cay (as it was for two visits to CC in January on prior cruises) but still a lovely day on the island for DW and DS (11 at the time of the cruise) and myself. Better than traffic in Atlanta (I mention the traffic, but love it here and I have one of the best commutes of anyone in the city, 4.7 miles, opposite traffic on I-75, I have gotten home in 6 minutes if the red light outside our building is hit just right) even if it rains (experienced that, a CC rain out day, docked there last April).

I think Inkkognito's/barb & tony's site has the christmas menu for those looking to see it.

solotraveler
04-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Can we join in the fun??

My housemate and I are booked on the Christmas Eastern Cruise as well!! :banana: Just two "wild and crazy guys" looking to escape the Michigan winter! This will be our very first cruise.

We were originally booked on the four-night Wonder for Christmas '07, but there was just too much that we wanted to do when all was said and done. As a suprise, I upgraded our Cat 8 that we had on the Wonder to a Cat 5 on the Magic. (How I am going to keep this a secret from the roomate for 20 months I have no idea... :teeth: )

logan-- I have the same worry about St. Maartin not bring "open" so to speak on Christmas day. Can any of the experience Christmas cruisers give us some insight?? I think we were planning on just a beach and shopping day there anyhow, but we might go further afield if things will be open.

I just can't wait!

flexsmom
04-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi there, Logan. I've found Christmas Navigator's on Barb's site, but no menus. Not to worry - I don't think I'll be cancelling because I think I'd eat chicken fingers and fries on Christmas if it meant I was on a cruise and relaxing to a new holiday routine!

Vavasmon
04-16-2006, 01:17 PM
We just booked 12/22/07 while on board last week's western. It will be our third DCL cruise.

It will be myself, DH, and DD (who will be 12).

RonnieJo66
04-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Happy Easter Everyone

:flower1: :daisy:

nu cruzer
04-21-2006, 03:48 PM
We booked Christmas 2007 while onboard last month for spring break. With the 10% discount, it's not much more than the spring break cruise was. We have 2 Cat. 9's for DH, myself, DS15, DD12 and grandma. We've convinced (it wasn't very hard) my brother-in-law and sister-in-law to come too with their families. We're planning on surprising my in-laws with a cruise. Due to their health issues, I'm not sure if it's going to work, but my fingers and toes are crossed. While we've taken my mother along on several trips, my in-laws aren't able to come along very often. With the kids getting older, it's now or never. Glad to see that a thread has been started already. It makes it seem closer.

Vavasmon
04-23-2006, 12:16 PM
I have the same question about St. Maarten and Christmas day. I am assuming they will move Pirate night to another night like they did on our NYE Wonder Cruise. Otherwise I thinbk it would be Christmas and Pirate Night together.

We had a wonder NYE dinner and expect that Disney Would do the same for Christmas. We saw on CC on both NYE and New Years day this year. The water was warmer in Dec that it was 2 weeks ago. I suspect it just depends on their weather.

logan1_2000
04-27-2006, 02:33 PM
The menu IS at Barb & Tony's site, click on menus, click on dinner menus, and there it is.

Can't put a link to it here, rules of the board.

Looking forward to the cruise. Though temporarily distracted by booking an RCI Mariner Cruise for Spring Break 2008 and making hotel reservations for the night before the Sovereign of the Seas this Xmas.

With the Saturday departure, I expect to only be driving as far as Jax from ATL on Friday--won't traffic be a nightmare through ATL!--after school lets out, work wraps up (pretty much for the year, I suppose), etc. Then up early and a couple hours left on the interstate to paradise, a.k.a., the Disney Magic.

New Passporter arrived this week and we're already dreamily getting lost in the pages all over again, even though it will be our 5th DCL cruise (and even though it is our 2nd Passporter).

polly p
04-29-2006, 07:12 PM
We're going too!

Just back from our 4/8 Western cruise and can't wait to be on the ship again. we had such a great time.

It will be me dh, dd(then 17) ds(then 15) and dd(then 9)

Lori

RonnieJo66
05-08-2006, 03:56 PM
:wave2: Hi All...

Just thought I'd say hi and see how everyone is doing.

We will be going to WDW this coming July/August...can't wait! :thumbsup2 I am a thinkin' it'll be rain ponchos and tank tops :lmao:

Anyone else have any WDW plans in the near future?

rsschneck
05-08-2006, 05:51 PM

We will be going to WDW this coming July/August...can't wait! :thumbsup2 I am a thinkin' it'll be rain ponchos and tank tops :lmao:

We are heading to DL end of July (3rd trip this year)
WDW and DVC member cruise October 2006
Christmas in WDW December 2006 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

solotraveler
05-09-2006, 11:12 AM

I will be in WDW for sure the first week of January for marathon weekend (well, week-- parks before and parks after).

I am hoping to go down for Food and Wine Fest and MNSSHP for a weekend in October, but that all depends on whether or not I can find a deal. Christmas cruising, she is not cheap. :)

Kevin (Solotraveler) :earsboy: :earsboy:

4boons
05-09-2006, 11:37 PM
all 4boons are heading to VBR the end of May with 3boons moving on to SSR@WDW for the 1st week+ of June.

The Santa Sail 2007 looked so far away, we had to book a 3 day for January 4-7, 2007 just to hold us over. We have spent 38 days on the Magic but never been on the Wonder. Booked SSR@WDW for Dec. 31, 2006 - Jan. 3, 2007 before we transfer to the Wonder on the 4th.

My sisters are not going to be happy. One nephew gets married in AZ the 1st part of Dec. A Neice gets married in Houston 2 weeks later and I book a trip to WDW. I think they will understand. :3dglasses

logan1_2000
05-11-2006, 03:21 PM
now have made the RCI ressies for spring break 2008, and have the quickie 3 nighter on the sovereign this 12/26, a year before the Xmas Magic cruise, so I've got cruises booked for 3 different calendar years currently. Looking forward to them all, but one will be the most special...this one on the Magic.

Still, I chose to cruise on the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan instead of the Mariner out of Port Canaveral for 2008 since the Mariner would be the nearly identical itinerary just 4 months after Disney--so added Aruba and Curacao by going on the Adventure. Reminds me of the nice aspect of multiple ships and more variety and choice of itinerary, and choice that exists most weeks, not just a few special sailings at premium prices.

solotraveler
05-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Just thought I would give us a much-needed bump!!

Only 583 days til "The Jollyest Cruise that Ever Sailed!!" :yay:

RonnieJo66
05-17-2006, 11:36 AM
What could be better than this :confused3

:rolleyes1 Um, nuthin'

:woohoo: :banana: Christmas with The Mouse!!!!! :banana: :woohoo:

polly p
05-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Only 583 days til "The Jollyest Cruise that Ever Sailed!!" :yay:

Is that all!!! :lmao: I sure hope time flies!

tiggerandpooh
05-17-2006, 10:37 PM
hi all,

just booked the xmas cruise 07. this will be our second disney cruise first with our children it will (me,dw,ds10 at time of cruise and ds3 at time of cruise), also this will be our second cruise with Rj, and Beano. they are the greatest and funniest people i have ever met,they made are first cruise so magical and so relaxing i will never forget it. Rj and Beano just remember all those late nights in rockin bar d(ymca And 80's night ) they were the best

ScouterJT
05-19-2006, 11:22 PM
just booked this cruise -- my DW is not convinced to not be home for the holiday -- but I think DS(will be 17) and DS(will be 14) will win her over (once we tell them).

We went on 3-night Wonder in April -- booked a 7-night western while on board. Now that I'm home, the thought of being pampered by Disney at Christmas was more than I could resist ...

have I been bitten by the DCL bug?

RonnieJo66
05-19-2006, 11:49 PM
:banana: Yeah Tiggerandpooh :banana:

Sean: Hey buddy! It's gonna be your turn to get out there with Tarzanman and Beano for the YMCA challenge :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

Linda, Ophie and I will watch, film and laugh at you :lmao: :thumbsup2

polly p
05-20-2006, 07:50 AM
just booked this cruise -- my DW is not convinced to not be home for the holiday -- but I think DS(will be 17) and DS(will be 14) will win her over (once we tell them).
Convince her. My kids were thrilled to be gone at xmas, my only problem is I still have one santa believer, at least yours are older. It'll be fun being pampered at xmas instead of preparing for company. :Pinkbounc :bounce:

RonnieJo66
05-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Polly...

Santa is all-knowing, all-seeing. He can find worthy children anywhere :thumbsup2

I'm sure the reindeer can make a special landing on The Magic for all her little children onboard :santa:

polly p
05-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Polly...

Santa is all-knowing, all-seeing. He can find worthy children anywhere :thumbsup2

I'm sure the reindeer can make a special landing on The Magic for all her little children onboard :santa:
That's true. It just makes it a little harder with packing. But I'm sure we'll make it as special as possible, besides just being on the Magic on christmas day will be very special.

Thanks RonnieJo

magicalfam5
05-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Stopping in to say hello. Someone asked about Christmas dinner a while back, and I have the menu from our 10 night Chritsmas cruise. I don't know a thing about computers so I don't know how to show it to you. It has ham, turkey, fish, prime rib, and lobster on the menu. If you want to know anything else about it, just ask. Have a great day!!!

Judy

ophie
05-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Hey... there can't be a Christmas Cruise with Mickey/Santa Sailing/Nautical Noel/Travesía con Tannenbaum Thread without us...

http://image54.webshots.com/54/2/24/45/500422445hhgSvJ_ph.jpg

RonnieJo66
05-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Hey... there can't be a Christmas Cruise with Mickey/Santa Sailing/Nautical Noel/Travesía con Tannenbaum Thread without us...

http://image54.webshots.com/54/2/24/45/500422445hhgSvJ_ph.jpg

Yes! Go you must!! :yoda:

tiggerandpooh
05-22-2006, 04:27 PM
yes you must come sail awau with us for a magical christmas cruise ophie, please oh please come sail with us.......

4boons
05-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Tiggerandpoo are you with the BIG BLUE plant in east Fishkill?

ophie
05-23-2006, 09:25 PM
yes you must come sail awau with us for a magical christmas cruise ophie, please oh please come sail with us.......We might... will you join in YMCA this time? You know you watch that part of the video wishing, longing, hoping you could be bare-chested wearing a headdress.

ophie
05-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Just for you Sean...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38/_ophie_/Smilies/cruiseerror.png

And one for RonnieJo too!
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38/_ophie_/Smilies/stthomas.gif

tiggerandpooh
05-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Tiggerandpoo are you with the BIG BLUE plant in east Fishkill?

no but i do work on the site there from time to time, i am with the Local 21 Plumbers and Steamfitters of New York so we do alot of work there, so in a way you could say i am with the big blue plant...

tiggerandpooh
05-23-2006, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=ophie]Just for you Sean...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38/_ophie_/Smilies/cruiseerror.png

Sarah, if you go i will do the ymca just for you and i will do 80s night with Tim, but only if you go. you made me laugh so hard at that smilie, you know i love ya babe.... :love: :rotfl2:

hi Rj :wave:

do not get jealous i still love you too... :love: :rotfl2:

RonnieJo66
05-23-2006, 10:32 PM
:grouphug:

Ah, the love is out tonight! :love: I miss you all!!!

Rockin' Bar D, friends, YMCA, friends, drinks by the pool, friends....and the big floaty ting! :thumbsup2 so much to do! Can we go yet?! :hourglass :lmao:

4boons
05-23-2006, 11:08 PM
off in the morning to use our 1st batch of DVC pts. VBR then on to SSR
This will help hold us over until we meet on the Santa Sail 2007. Talk to y'all in 2-3 weeks.

RonnieJo66
05-24-2006, 09:00 AM
4boons...

:banana: Have a great trip! :banana:

Bo'sMom
05-25-2006, 06:27 PM
hi all,

just booked the xmas cruise 07. this will be our second disney cruise first with our children it will (me,dw,ds10 at time of cruise and ds3 at time of cruise), also this will be our second cruise with Rj, and Beano. they are the greatest and funniest people i have ever met,they made are first cruise so magical and so relaxing i will never forget it. Rj and Beano just remember all those late nights in rockin bar d(ymca And 80's night ) they were the best

Um, excuse me. Is this the Christmas 2007 cruise board. :rotfl2: :rotfl:

<---booking shortly :wave2:

RonnieJo66
05-25-2006, 06:38 PM
:wave2: Barb

Are you coming along for the ride too? :woohoo: :thumbsup2

magicalfam5
05-25-2006, 07:12 PM
:banana: Sounds like we have a great group starting. I like making new Dis friends :)

Judy

RonnieJo66
05-25-2006, 07:26 PM
:wave2: Judy,

We have met many, many of our best friends on the DIS and our Magic cruises! :thumbsup2

:grouphug: Can't wait to meet everyone.........oh, wait we still have 18 months to go :hourglass

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Bo'sMom
05-25-2006, 08:52 PM
:wave2: Barb

Are you coming along for the ride too? :woohoo: :thumbsup2

We're thisclose to booking it. :) I have always wanted wake up in Disney on Christmas morning, but after the cruise in October, I made up my mind we were going on the Christmas Cruise in 2007. I hopefully will be booking in the next couple of weeks. :) :cheer2:

ophie
05-25-2006, 11:00 PM
BARB!! Woohoo for Cruise reunion!! :woohoo:

RonnieJo66
05-26-2006, 09:00 AM
:confused3

So, what is everyone up to for this long holiday weekend?

rsschneck
05-26-2006, 09:51 AM

Shoveling 4 yards of river rock that will be delivered today! :rolleyes:

RonnieJo66
05-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Shoveling 4 yards of river rock that will be delivered today! :rolleyes:

Well, that doesn't sound like too much fun! :crazy: ...I'm with ya' though, we have to stain our new side fence!

magicalfam5
05-26-2006, 12:21 PM

I think I may go buy my flowers today (even though it's been pouring rain all morning). It's supposed to be really nice all weekend so I can plant them one day. We'll probably just sit out by the pool and cook out.

Judy

polly p
05-26-2006, 09:41 PM
I think I may go buy my flowers today (even though it's been pouring rain all morning). It's supposed to be really nice all weekend so I can plant them one day. We'll probably just sit out by the pool and cook out.Judy
That sounds like what I'm doing too. Rained here all day also, but it is supposed to be a gorgeous weekend. Let's hope!! :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

Lori

solotraveler
05-27-2006, 03:44 PM

As summer has finally arrived here in Michigan, this weekend will be spent at the beach. :cool1: It may not be Saint Maartin, but it'll work 'til we get there!! :teeth:

Kevin :earsboy: :earsboy:

RonnieJo66
05-27-2006, 05:44 PM
As summer has finally arrived here in Michigan, this weekend will be spent at the beach. :cool1: It may not be Saint Maartin, but it'll work 'til we get there!! :teeth:

:wave2: Kevin

What beach you headin' for? I have been to the UP...up around Tahquamenon Falls, Mackinac Island area. The water in the lakes up there was so cold!!!

Hope you have a great time :thumbsup2

ophie
05-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Tim says the water wasn't that cold! He is crazy ya know? :crazy:

RonnieJo66
05-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Tim says the water wasn't that cold! He is crazy ya know? :crazy:

Yup! That St. Ignace water was a'freezin!! He even said so himself...and yet he still went in it! :lmao: :rotfl2: :crazy:

ophie
05-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Welllllllll... what do we say about the TZM? http://www.rr-bb.com/images/smilies/crazy.gif

RonnieJo66
05-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Welllllllll... what do we say about the TZM? http://www.rr-bb.com/images/smilies/crazy.gif

Too Funny Ophie!! :thumbsup2

:love: gotta love our Tarzanman!

ophie
05-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah... I :love: him. :goodvibes

solotraveler
05-30-2006, 09:18 AM
:wave2: Kevin

What beach you headin' for? I have been to the UP...up around Tahquamenon Falls, Mackinac Island area. The water in the lakes up there was so cold!!!

Hope you have a great time :thumbsup2

Oh we did have a great time! Some much needed R 'n' R.

We are only about 30 minutes from Lake Michigan and we're big fans of the beaches near Saugatuck and Grand Haven. Water temps were only in the low 60s here, so no swimming on my part, that's for sure!! The water doesn't usually warm up until about July... and those UP beaches sometimes never do.

Back to the grind today, unfortunately. :badpc:

RonnieJo66
05-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Glad you had a great time Kevin!

And yes those UP beaches were still freezing in July when we were there :crazy:

flexsmom
05-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Judy - It was me looking for the Christmas dinner menus. I did finally find them on Barb's site, too - but thank you for offering your menus!

We're in the 90+ degree realm here in VA - went from spring to summer overnight it seems! Oh well, at least it made for a great holiday weekend!

I'm under 100 days (I think) to our double dip in August - we're trying out Castaway Ray's Stingray adventure as well as the CC catamaran/snorkeling, so I'll let everyone know how those are when we get back.

Sounds as if our group is growing.....and a lot of you already know one another from previous cruises!

RonnieJo66
06-01-2006, 07:42 PM
:sunny: Happy June 1st Everyone :sunny:

I love the new smilies! :happytv: :artist: :dance3: :laundy: :beach: :dogdance:

polly p
06-01-2006, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=RonnieJo66I love the new :dance3: :laundy: :beach: :dogdance:[/QUOTE]
Me too.

Happy June 1

tiggerandpooh
06-01-2006, 10:42 PM
:popcorn: :laundy: :beach: :drive: tiptoe :tinker: :figment:

me too RJ but this is still mt favorite :santa: :boat: (christmas cruise with RJ and Beano)

RonnieJo66
06-02-2006, 08:55 AM
me too RJ but this is still mt favorite :santa: :boat: (christmas cruise with RJ and Beano)

Thanks Sean! We :love: you both too!

magicalfam5
06-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Just stopping by to say hi :wave:

Last day of school for my kids!! :cheer2: :banana:

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Judy

polly p
06-04-2006, 02:51 PM
:wave: bump :wave:

RonnieJo66
06-04-2006, 03:00 PM
:hourglass

Ok, I know it's still a ways away but...

Is anyone else dreaming about Mickey, The Magic and Christmas?! :love:

polly p
06-04-2006, 03:09 PM
I dream about him daily. :love: I think I drive DH nuts. :crazy: Oh well. It's fun planning. :banana: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :banana: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

tiggerandpooh
06-04-2006, 04:12 PM
me too i drive my dw nuts everyday with the countdown to how many days away it is

RonnieJo66
06-04-2006, 05:39 PM
:wave2: Hi Sean and Linda!

Whatcha been up to? :dance3:

tiggerandpooh
06-04-2006, 10:25 PM
not much rj just been working alot and relaxing when i have time off. how bout u guys

RonnieJo66
06-04-2006, 10:33 PM
not much rj just been working alot and relaxing when i have time off. how bout u guys

Sounds like us! Beano has been really busy lately, so he tries to get any relaxing time he can :thumbsup2

How are ya liking that new truck? :car:

Hockeychic
06-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Well, imagine that. I come in to join a roll call and see some friends.....

Hi Sean, Linda, Ronnie, Beano :wave: :wave: Anyone else here that I might know??? I will have to go back and catch up on the thread.

We have decided to book this cruise....DH Mike, DS will be 18 and DD will be 15 by Christmas 2007.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Kim

ophie
06-05-2006, 06:59 AM
Well, imagine that. I come in to join a roll call and see some friends.....

Hi Sean, Linda, Ronnie, Beano :wave: :wave: Anyone else here that I might know??? I will have to go back and catch up on the thread.
:ahem:

:wave2: Hi Kim! :teeth:

Hockeychic
06-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Ophie hi :grouphug: How are you and the Tarzanman doing?????

Wow is this a reunion cruise!!!!!! I only quickly read through the last page. As soon as I get to work I will catch up on the thread :surfweb:

Can't wait to see you all again......can we go yet?? How about now??? :dance3:

Kim

RonnieJo66
06-05-2006, 09:39 AM
:wave2: Kim!

:banana: woohoo...more friends !!! :banana:

solotraveler
06-05-2006, 02:20 PM
:wave2: Kim!!

I recognize you from the Marathon training threads over on the Events/Competition boards!

Decided to escape the cold next Christmas, huh?? I don't blame you one bit!! :rotfl: Just 564 days until Sailaway!!

Hockeychic
06-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Hi Ronnie, Hi Kevin :wave:

Yup getting away 2 winters in a row. I am still working hard to be able to do the 1/2 in January. If it wasn't for the 10 pds I will probably gain during the Christmas Cruise I would do the 1/2 in 2008... :rotfl2:

I scrolled through quickly, this morning has been crazy....I see Cheri is here also and Barb :grouphug: Hi everyone!!!

Kim

tiggerandpooh
06-05-2006, 04:22 PM
How are ya liking that new truck? :car:

i am loving the new truck, and we are looking into a new car for linda

hi Kim :wave:

RonnieJo66
06-05-2006, 04:54 PM
i am loving the new truck, and we are looking into a new car for linda

What kinda car does Linda want?

ophie
06-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Ophie hi :grouphug: How are you and the Tarzanman doing?????Hi Kim! :goodvibes We're doing well. We just bought a house and will be moving soon... so that'll be fun. :rolleyes:

tiggerandpooh
06-05-2006, 10:04 PM
What kinda car does Linda want?

i think we are going to buy the new 06 ford fusion

ophie
06-05-2006, 10:09 PM
i think we are going to buy the new 06 ford fusionMake sure to talk to Tim first. :thumbsup2 He can get you a Friends and Family Pin Number.

ophie
06-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Too much work to log out and back in again. - Tarzanman here....

Sean and Linda, let me know if you really want to buy a Ford Fusion. Before discussing the price with your dealer, let them know that you have an X-Plan pin number waiting for you. The price is predefined for you. The dealer has no say in the matter. There are X-plan leases too.

tiggerandpooh
06-06-2006, 05:26 AM
tim,

yes we are definitly going to buy one, i was going to call the guy today, but thank god i read your post, any help would be appreciated.
thank you very much...

tarzanman
06-06-2006, 06:22 AM
tim,

yes we are definitly going to buy one, i was going to call the guy today, but thank god i read your post, any help would be appreciated.
thank you very much...

Tell the man (on the phone) that you have an X-plan pin. I will create it for you today so you can have it before you go down there. You will have to call me first.

Hockeychic
06-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Congrats on the new house....enjoy!!!!!

tarzanman
06-06-2006, 06:25 AM
Congrats on the new house....enjoy!!!!!

Thank you! We will try! Lots of work to do!

logan1_2000
06-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Great reading this thread, fun little reminders why I moved away from CT in 1989 and never looked back. School ended 5/26 in ATL, and I split the week at two beaches, one on the Gulf in Sandestin and then in Miami for a family get together. Warm water everywhere! That ought to hold me until back to the Gulf and good ol' Panama City Beach after DS's summer baseball tournaments end in July.

To me a cold beach in Nassau or Castaway Cay in January (or Christmas week, I suppose, will have comparable weather)...and at least CC was still a lovely place to spend the day, even if not IN the water.

Was just looking at the Xmas menu the other evening--I'm thinking between me, DW and DS, we'll get some lobster tails, some of the baked ham, some turkey...the bread pudding looked good for dessert...but then again, a Mickey Bar goes with everything, doesn't it?

ophie
06-06-2006, 07:29 AM
a Mickey Bar goes with everything, doesn't it?::yes:: Want one? :mickeybar

ophie
06-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Congrats on the new house....enjoy!!!!!Thanks! Like Tarzanman said, there's lots of work to do, but it'll all be worth it in the end. But, opinions and advice are always welcome from our DISfriends.

For instance, your assignment DISfriends, should you choose to accept it is to figure out how to make a teeny tiny bathroom feel like the M A S T E R bathroom it's supposed to be.

RonnieJo66
06-06-2006, 09:11 AM
For instance, your assignment DISfriends, should you choose to accept it is to figure out how to make a teeny tiny bathroom feel like the M A S T E R bathroom it's supposed to be.

I know! I know! :yay:

Knock out part of a wall :lmao:

Sorry Ophie, couldn't help myself :crazy:

ophie
06-06-2006, 09:28 PM
I know! I know! :yay:

Knock out part of a wall :lmao:

Sorry Ophie, couldn't help myself :crazy:Kiss my http://www.gigantour.com/forums/images/smilies/moon.gif

RonnieJo66
06-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Kiss my http://www.gigantour.com/forums/images/smilies/moon.gif
:eek:

how rude!

ophie
06-07-2006, 07:05 AM
:eek:

how rude!
Me thinks you're not understanding my tiny bathroom. :p

I'll have to upload a floorplan for you once I get it drawn out.

RonnieJo66
06-08-2006, 10:27 AM
:scratchin I must remember to find out about getting a Christmas tree in our room. Oh, and decorations!

I was thinking about taking little gifts for our room steward, waiters etc. I just can't seem to figure out what to get (since I have no idea if they will be female or male)

Ideas anyone?

polly p
06-08-2006, 07:40 PM
:scratchin I must remember to find out about getting a Christmas tree in our room. Oh, and decorations!

I was thinking about taking little gifts for our room steward, waiters etc. I just can't seem to figure out what to get (since I have no idea if they will be female or male) Ideas anyone?
What a great idea! :thumbsup2 But DH would kill me if I packed decorations. As far as the gifts, I have no ideas now but with all this time I'll bet you could find things in the stores little at a time.

RonnieJo66
06-08-2006, 07:49 PM
:wave2: Polly

Yeah, I am going to try to pick up little things here and there...I guess that I'll just take a little of everything and try to figure out who gets what when we get on The Magic.

OH! I think I'll check the after xmas sales this year :thumbsup2

polly p
06-08-2006, 08:52 PM
:OH! I think I'll check the after xmas sales this year :thumbsup2
That's a good idea. I just might do the same. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

flexsmom
06-08-2006, 10:11 PM
For decorations, I think we'll try to do a small tree through Shirley - already decorated with the basics if that's possible. For our own packed decorations that take up very little room - I'm thinking window cling-ons that the kids will like to put on the sliding glass doors or mirrors, and maybe paper placemats for the table, etc. - all flat for the suitcase.

Gifts for servers/stewards - I'm a giftcard fan, especially when space-constrained. I guess I figure that without knowing these people or what they like, giftcards can only be beaten by cold hard cash, which is basically the same. Some of the giftcard holders are so cute, too - don't even need to wrap them!

Gifts for family - going to wrap pictures of the kids stuff that we leave at home. And, I plan to raid the shops for some "real" stuff to wrap - they'd want souvenirs anyway, so might as well kill two birds with one stone! Also going to do home-made gift certificates for the spa for DH, DM, and DF.

Gee - I think I have more planned in my head for Christmas 2007 than Christmas 2006! Terrible, isn't it?!

RonnieJo66
06-08-2006, 10:20 PM
flexsmom,

Are you doing both 2006 & 2007 Christmas sailings?

magicalfam5
06-09-2006, 08:29 AM
We did a tree from Shirley in 2004. I think it was around $60. I was beautiful. Had lights and ornaments. She left us the box to re-pack it for the trip home. I won't bring it on my other cruises though. I don't want to ruin it.(Last time we drove down, this time we'll fly) I'm packing my DD's tree that she got for her American Girl doll. We'll bring lights and some small cheap ornaments. We also bring window clings, garland, and a big bow for our stateroom door. Many people had their doors decorated with lights, wrapping paper, signs, etc.

Have a great weekend!
Judy

RonnieJo66
06-09-2006, 11:40 AM
:wave2: Judy,

How big was the tree from Shirley? Are we talkin' like tabletop size or actual small tree size?

magicalfam5
06-09-2006, 12:48 PM
The tree was about 2 ft. It came in a ceramic pot which was very pretty.

Judy

flexsmom
06-09-2006, 10:21 PM
No, we're house-bound for 2006, I'm afraid. At least this year we're not on anyone's calendar for visits, so it "might" just be the 4 of us! I'm just far more focused on thinking of Christmas 2007, I think, since it will be our first time away completely for the holidays - not even to visit other family! I love family traditions, but I'm really intrigued by the whole idea of being blissfully away from what everyone "expects" for the holidays!

Judy - great info on the tree. I had heard that Shirley did trees, and that seems to be a bargain! My parents are going with us in the room next door, so maybe we'll do two so we are steeped in "traditional" decor.

4boons
06-09-2006, 10:29 PM
We're back.
We had a great time at Vero Beach and WDW.
met several DISers along the way and look forward to meeting many more.

rsschneck
06-09-2006, 11:03 PM
No, we're house-bound for 2006, I'm afraid. At least this year we're not on anyone's calendar for visits, so it "might" just be the 4 of us! I'm just far more focused on thinking of Christmas 2007, I think, since it will be our first time away completely for the holidays - not even to visit other family! I love family traditions, but I'm really intrigued by the whole idea of being blissfully away from what everyone "expects" for the holidays!

Judy - great info on the tree. I had heard that Shirley did trees, and that seems to be a bargain! My parents are going with us in the room next door, so maybe we'll do two so we are steeped in "traditional" decor.

I actually LOVE to travel during Christmas. My family all lives very close and we see each other almost once a week. DH family is different. His Dad's side I don't care for and neither does he. We don't see ourselves ever spending Christmas with them. DH's Mom always spends more than she can afford and that bothers me. I want our DD to enjoy the reaseon we celebrate Christmas and not so much into the retail aspect of it all. So, doing family experiences and traditions is what I enjoy the most! :thumbsup2 We will be in WDW this Christmas and cruising Christmas of 2007. :woohoo: My parents got a room 2 doors down so there will be some family for 2007. :grouphug:

I was thinking of buying trees from Shirley for both rooms. Nice surprise for the family. The trees would be in the room when we first walk in. How cool is that? :thumbsup2

RonnieJo66
06-14-2006, 10:27 AM
:eek: We were on page 3....that'll never do!

Why is it that when you want :hourglass time to go by quickly, it doesn't...and when you don't, it does?(not that I want to wish time away...but you know what I mean) :confused3 I don't get it! :crazy: Still having 18 months seems like SO long.

Hope everyone is doing well and can't wait to meet you all :goodvibes

DisneyDmbNut
06-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Bunch of CHEATERS!!!!

RonnieJo66
06-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Bunch of CHEATERS!!!!

Ah, come on Bets! You know you wanna come with us ;)

DisneyDmbNut
06-15-2006, 05:03 PM
no..some of us can't leave the country at christmas..it is written in all the legal papers!

RonnieJo66
06-15-2006, 06:34 PM
no..some of us can't leave the country at christmas..it is written in all the legal papers!

Whatchoo talkin' bout Bets!? What kinda "legal papers"? :confused3

Are you in trouble with the law again? :lmao: btw folks...I am just kidding.

polly p
06-23-2006, 09:45 PM
:sad1: I just cancelled our christmas cruise.

The kids decided they didn't want to cruise again so soon. The good news is they do want to go to WDW. So now I have to plan and book all over again.

have fun on the ship without me. Maybe I can convince them to go the following year.

rsschneck
06-24-2006, 11:55 AM

The kids decided they didn't want to cruise again so soon. The good news is they do want to go to WDW. So now I have to plan and book all over again.

have fun on the ship without me. Maybe I can convince them to go the following year.

Sorry to see you go!:goodvibes We just cancelled the Med. Transatlantic cruise this week. After debating for several months we decided it just wasn't the European vacation we wanted. Tough decision! You gotta do what is best for the family. Enjoy your WDW planning.

RonnieJo66
06-24-2006, 12:25 PM

So sorry to hear that :sad2:

I am sure you all will have a great vacation in WDW though :thumbsup2 I mean, come on....it's The Mouse!! ::MickeyMo

logan1_2000
06-28-2006, 12:08 PM
my beloved oldest child, 12 1/2 years old, blew out his ACL last year, now limps, sleeps most of the day and I hate to leave him behind when we go for this cruise or any vacation before then (my oldest child also pees and poops in the back yard folks, he's a black lab/doberman mix adopted from the humane society when he was 8 weeks old). So sad to think of leaving him, but he gets cared for in our home, where he is in familiar surroundings, can sleep in mommy & daddy's king sized bed as usual (lowered down to boxspring on the floor for him when he blew out his knee), has all his toys, and we pay a dog sitter to make 3 visits a day for feeding, letting him out to do his business, give him his pills, and play some tug of war and give him some attention and affection). We can debate bringing him w/ us to the beach, but no such option on the cruise ships.

Now the people we are leaving behind, the family we wont have to see...(as they say on the Guiness ads) BRILLIANT!!

RonnieJo66
07-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Now the people we are leaving behind, the family we wont have to see...(as they say on the Guiness ads) BRILLIANT!!

Too funny Logan!!! and just so ya' know.....I totally agree

RonnieJo66
07-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Happy 4th of July Everyone!

I hope that everyone has a great day :thumbsup2

logan1_2000
07-04-2006, 07:06 PM
What better way to spend the 4th than to read the Passporter Guide to DCL, to plan a cruise 17 mos. from now.

flexsmom
07-08-2006, 09:35 PM
So - anyone else reluctant to tell their extended families about this cruise? My parents know - since their in the room next to us - but no one else in our family knows at this point since we don't want to deal with the incredulous tones about our 4th DCL cruise and admonitions about not being home for Christmas?

RonnieJo66
07-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi :wave:

Nope, I don't care if they know. I guess it could be said that we're running away from a few people at Christmas :lmao:

In all seriousness, our best friends will be on the cruise with us and our families are so spread out we don't see them anyway. So, it all sounds good to me :thumbsup2

The only person who is thinking twice about being away at xmas is my DH...and thats about being away from his office.

tarzanman
07-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi :wave:

Nope, I don't care if they know. I guess it could be said that we're running away from a few people at Christmas :lmao:

In all seriousness, our best friends will be on the cruise with us and our families are so spread out we don't see them anyway. So, it all sounds good to me :thumbsup2

The only person who is thinking twice about being away at xmas is my DH...and thats about being away from his office.

Hello best friends! I told my family what I was doing. I invited them to join us but I got the response that I knew was coming. "Um..I don't think we can do that." Well, that is alright with me. Last year, Ophie and I ran all over the place to see family. In 2007, Christmas will be a welcome vacation! Cruisin with the Croutons again! Can't wait!

ophie
07-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Hello best friends! I told my family what I was doing. I invited them to join us but I got the response that I knew was coming. "Um..I don't think we can do that." Well, that is alright with me. Last year, Ophie and I ran all over the place to see family. In 2007, Christmas will be a welcome vacation! Cruisin with the Croutons again! Can't wait!
::yes::

My family owes us that vacation with no admonitions as payment for all the crap they're putting us through this year!

RonnieJo66
07-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Tarzanman and Ophie..... :love:

Now all we gotta do is convince Beano that it's a good idea! :thumbsup2

4boons
07-11-2006, 06:25 PM
RonnieJo66,

What would Christmas carols up and down the halls of the Magic be without Beano leading the choir?

:dance3: :bounce:

RonnieJo66
07-11-2006, 08:18 PM
RonnieJo66,

What would Christmas carols up and down the halls of the Magic be without Beano leading the choir?

:dance3: :bounce:

That's great!!!! Gonna make sure he sees your post!! :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

tarzanman
07-14-2006, 10:56 PM
I know that Beano is on the fence. I can understand that. I just think that it is time that we did this. It will be a one time thing. We won't do it again (right away anyway). LOL! Still can't wait for it!

tiggerandpooh
07-15-2006, 08:17 AM
yeah rj,

you have to light a fire under beano about going on this cruise, it wont be the same without you guys. if you guys do not go i might have to change my ressie :rotfl2: :rotfl2: . but then again maybe me and timmy can handle all the caroling. i am try to convince my mom to say the heck with christmas next year and come on the cruise with us, i have my father sold but my mother is a stickler, my father says think of it as how much she spends in presents alone around the holiday, it would be the same for the cruise. My mother goes nuts during christmas. So anyone wanting to help me convince her to go on this cruise, please post here or pm me....

BeanoC
07-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, guys - I LOVE the idea of seeing the Magic at Christmas, and I know how much RJ wants this cruise. My 2 issues are:

It would be the first Christmas since our kids (now teenagers) were born that we didn't have Christmas together at home, by the fireplace, etc. Call me sentimental... :goodvibes

Number 2, I feel it's somewhat unfair to my employees, to stick them with extra work on the holidays... they have families too!

Ok, three issues: The Christmas cruise is usually a 10 day cruise, so I was a bit disappointed to learn that '07 is just a 7 day. We've already been on the 7 day eastern cruise 3 times. I was hoping for some new ports of call.

If my TA would just call me and tell me we got the Walt or Roy suite, that might be enough to knock me off the fence! :teeth:

ophie
07-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Well Beano... why don't you use some connections and see about getting that 7-day/10-day problem fixed? That disappointed me very much. :(

4boons
07-15-2006, 07:47 PM
All this talk about the Santa Sail 07 made me home sick for the Magic. To help I pulled out my "Beano's Disney Cruise Favorites" and put it in the player.

I'm starting to feel better already.

Thanks again Beano I hope to meet you on the Santa Sail 07.

BeanoC
07-16-2006, 02:03 AM
Sure, ophie, no problem. I'll just give Mr. McAlpin a call and tell him that Beano needs more time at sea! :)

And I'm sure he will help extend my vacation... by telling me to 'take a hike'! :rotfl2:

To help I pulled out my "Beano's Disney Cruise Favorites" and put it in the player.

I'm starting to feel better already.

Thanks again Beano I hope to meet you on the Santa Sail 07.

Glad you're still enjoying them. That's what it's all about. :love:

ulittletinker
07-17-2006, 01:27 AM
hello christmas cruiser 07. Im cruising the western 12/15/07 this will be our first holiday cruise. Can anyone who has cruised in the Dec month tell me what the weather is like , especially CC :boat: :santa:

logan1_2000
07-21-2006, 03:27 PM
the 3 of us are booked in a cat. 8, $4,892 2 adults and 1 child (10), after the on-board discount (not including the additional $200 on board stateroom credit). That does not include transfers or insurance (did buy the ins., but at a much lower cost through TA for a similar Access America policy, same carrier as the DCL policy). For the heck of it priced the same ressie yesterday at the DCL site--also w/o transfers or insurance, it came to $5,750 for the same cat. 8.

so adding in the $200 stateroom credit, there is a net difference of $1,058 between the price now, 17 mos. in advance still, and the early booking and on-board discount/credit that I got.

So for all the rest of you who have been booked since the date was released, check it out, you are in all likelihood doing much better than if you booked today.

Aisling
07-22-2006, 12:35 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been resisting posting here, because I feel unfaithful to my Christmas Cruise 2005 DisGang! I'll be cruising again with my two sons (15 and 22 by cruise time), and my DH.
I've been lurking, and Tarzanman and Ophie, I believe you know my friend Tiggerwannabe aka Colleen aka Tiggie. We had an unforgetable time together on the 2005.

We've booked a Cat.6.

We loved Christmas on the Magic. Are there any first time Christmas Cruisers among us?

RonnieJo66
07-22-2006, 09:49 AM
:wave2: Aisling

This will be our first Christmas Cruise with the Mouse...but not our first DCL cruise! This will be number 7 for us :woohoo:

rsschneck
07-22-2006, 10:37 AM
We loved Christmas on the Magic. Are there any first time Christmas Cruisers among us?

We are first time Christmas Cruisers too! I am getting through this Christmas before I get too excited about Christmas of 2007! We will be @ WDW this Christmas and I am having a good time planning!:goodvibes

tarzanman
07-22-2006, 09:16 PM
It will be mine and Ophie's first Christmas Cruise as well. Can't wait! I miss the ship already! RJ, can we squeeze one in before next XMAS?

RonnieJo66
07-22-2006, 11:31 PM
RJ, can we squeeze one in before next XMAS?

Are ya talking vacation in general or cruise? ;)

flexsmom
07-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Our first Christmas Cruise as well - our third DCL is a short 4-weeks away! I'm trying to savor that one for now before shifting to the excitement of the next one!

RonnieJo66
08-08-2006, 10:09 AM
:surfweb:

Good Morning Everyone...

Just wanted to check in and see what was new with everyone. What has everyone been doing with their summer?

Hope you all are enjoying yourselves! :goodvibes

solotraveler
08-09-2006, 11:01 AM
I have been working, working, working lately. :guilty: At least the weather has been cooperative--- you have to enjoy every nice day you get in Michigan....

I know there are single digit dances and double digit dances.... but is there an under 500 days dance?!? My countdown says we hit 499 today!! :cool1:

(Small victory, I know... but when I booked the cruise we were well over 600 so I'll take what I can get....)

logan1_2000
08-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Was in Panama City Beach, FL last week, and the kids there went back to school on Wednesday, August 2nd. Yesterday DS and the rest of the teachers were back in Atlanta schools, at least in the city system, and the students begin classes this coming Monday, 8/14.

Depressing to think of the kids going to school in 96 degree temperatures, but at least if school has started then Xmas break will be soon, and when that happens we'll be at the one year and counting mark.

Visited the Disney Character Shop at the SilverSands Outlets in Destin, FL, but only minimal DCL merchandise, nothing for me, and DS did not want a T-shirt in his size that said Disney Wonder once he verified with me that our next Disney Cruise will be on the Magic. I told him that wearing the shirt would make him look a like a Pro, a repeat DCL cruiser who had already been on the Wonder (in his case, twice) but that wasn't how he saw it.

So for you northerners or others who still have some summer left, enjoy. But the faster the next 16 months passes, the faster we'll be at the sailaway party with Mickey, et.al.

solotraveler
08-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi all!! :wave2:

Summer is definately over here--- We'll be right back in the thick of things with school and work in the next couple of weeks. Not to mention marathon training starts next week.... but at least that culminates in a Disney trip! :thumbsup2

Right now, I am bouncing back and forth between planning for five different trips, which is crazy, but at least it's fun. We booked our pre-cruise stay at the Radisson just yesterday and did a lot of thinking about our pre-cruise portion of the trip. Which brings me to a question for all of you Christmas Cruise vets-- how far out did you book your airfare?? Looking over things for the same weekend this year, it looks like all the coach class seats are already sold out for trips the Friday before Christmas. We are strongly considering flying down Thursday afternoon instead, but should I be ready to book air early this spring, or can we afford to hold off?? Any advice or experience would be MOST appreciated.

Hope everyone else is well!! Slowly but surely, we're getting there!!

ophie
08-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow... you have a Goofy medal??

http://www.lefever.com/artpast/images/hcow.jpg http://www.parklandvolleyball.com/images/exclamation_point.gif

We're still debating whether we want to train for the Donald medal...

ophie
08-17-2006, 08:03 PM
DCL-related hilarity and educational material (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1197431&page=1&pp=15)

4boons
08-17-2006, 09:54 PM
We will book our flight for Christmas 07 in January 07. American Airlines puts their flights up 11 months out.

ScouterJT
08-17-2006, 11:19 PM
We are flying using "Air Disney" -- figured airfare would only go up and this way I could lock it in. DW is a teacher, so we really don't have the option of flying down a day early (darn)

Aisling
08-18-2006, 01:09 AM
I start looking as soon as the dates open, I think it was something like 331 days prior to travel date. I check Delta and Jetblue daily, and jump on the web specials. Last Christmas when we cruised, we flew down on Dec. 23rd for about $163 RT.

solotraveler
08-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Wow... you have a Goofy medal??

http://www.lefever.com/artpast/images/hcow.jpg http://www.parklandvolleyball.com/images/exclamation_point.gif

We're still debating whether we want to train for the Donald medal...

Oh, not yet I don't! Hopefully about 20 weeks from now I will be the proud owner of three shiny new medals to go along with last year's Mickey. (And if you are considering doing any of the races... DO IT! It's great fun and Disney does a fantastic job with them.)

Thanks to all for you advice on flights. I guess we will have to be ready to bite the bullet on flights in late January/early February. No Southwest or JetBlue in these parts, so we are pretty much stuck with hoping for the best. If we can get under $250 out of GRR for next year I will be thrilled.

logan1_2000
08-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks to all for you advice on flights. I guess we will have to be ready to bite the bullet on flights in late January/early February. No Southwest or JetBlue in these parts, so we are pretty much stuck with hoping for the best. If we can get under $250 out of GRR for next year I will be thrilled.

How far are you from any of the cities that AirTran serves, like Flint,MI, for example. Perhaps taking a look at their system map might turn up a close enough airport to make it worth your while, or if not, at least you checked out all the possibilities.

flexsmom
09-09-2006, 10:07 PM
We're back from our 8/19 Double Dip, which was absolutely great, so now I can get serious about looking towards Christmas 2007!

While on board, we also booked my in-laws. We're going to give it to them as a Christmas present this year. My parents are already booked, so hopefully they'll be happy about it by having others "their age" with them. We also booked staterooms for friends of ours with their DS, and one of their sets of parents. So, our party is up to 12.

I bought one of the blown-glass ornaments of the Magic to give to the in-laws this year, along with a schematic of the ship with their stateroom circled and a copy of their reservation. Guest Services also printed up a fake Key to the World card for me with their names on it. I'm sure they'll still be stumped, but hey, I'll have fun putting it together!

So, less than 16 months to go!

rsschneck
09-10-2006, 01:17 AM
We're back from our 8/19 Double Dip, which was absolutely great, so now I can get serious about looking towards Christmas 2007!

While on board, we also booked my in-laws. We're going to give it to them as a Christmas present this year. My parents are already booked, so hopefully they'll be happy about it by having others "their age" with them. We also booked staterooms for friends of ours with their DS, and one of their sets of parents. So, our party is up to 12.

I bought one of the blown-glass ornaments of the Magic to give to the in-laws this year, along with a schematic of the ship with their stateroom circled and a copy of their reservation. Guest Services also printed up a fake Key to the World card for me with their names on it. I'm sure they'll still be stumped, but hey, I'll have fun putting it together!

So, less than 16 months to go!

That is so cool! What a GREAT gift!

logan1_2000
09-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Farewell before we even meet! We had a chance to re-schedule in a way that would allow us to coordinate w/ some close friends as well as my retired DW from up in CT to cruise w/ her DGS (my DS), so we have changed this reservation to the Wonder, 4 nights, 5/27/2007, leaving the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend.

We'll be seeing St. Thomas and St. Maarten in March 2008 on the Adventure of the Seas, so the change will also allow us a chance to spread our cruises out a bit more, instead of 90 days apart from Xmas to spring-break during the 07-08 school year.

rsschneck
09-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Farewell before we even meet! We had a chance to re-schedule in a way that would allow us to coordinate w/ some close friends as well as my retired DW from up in CT to cruise w/ her DGS (my DS), so we have changed this reservation to the Wonder, 4 nights, 5/27/2007, leaving the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend.

We'll be seeing St. Thomas and St. Maarten in March 2008 on the Adventure of the Seas, so the change will also allow us a chance to spread our cruises out a bit more, instead of 90 days apart from Xmas to spring-break during the 07-08 school year.

Sorry to see you leave so soon! Have great cruises!

Thistle
09-19-2006, 01:56 PM
NM, would help if I could read!

solotraveler
10-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Since the weather here has turned more Christmas than Halloween, I thought I would give us a little bump. :)

Things around these parts could not be any busier work-wise, unfortunately. But, hey, only 14 months to go, right?? :cool1: We actually just booked our post-cruise for NYE at the Yacht Club through 1/3/08!! (Guess it'll be a nautical themed vacation in a big way :teeth: )

Hope everyone else is doing well!

rsschneck
10-29-2006, 01:52 PM
We just returned from the SSMC06 and had a GREAT time. We now are booked for back to back cruises. We will be on the Magic for Christmas 2007 and then New Year's 2008! What a way to end 2007 and start 2008. The coolest thing is we have a SPH room reserved for both cruises!!!

YIPPEE!

flexsmom
11-03-2006, 09:05 PM
(1) We seriously need to kick this thread into gear no later than the one year anniversary of the kick-off date of our cruise. I know it seems so far away but gee, it's all I have to cling on to other than a lame trip to Myrtle Beach for a week for a dance competition next week!

(2) So we're heading home immediately after the cruise but decided to do park time at WDW first - we just prefer to exhaust ourselves park-hopping first and then relax on the cruise. So, at least we know we won't be dealing with New Year's Eve crowds, but what do you think the crowds will be like BEFORE our cruise? We're thinking of flying down to Orlando on Dec 19th (OK - which will coincidentally be my 40th birthday, although I'm having a hard time even typing that!) to do WDW on the 20th and 21st before driving to the port. We're DVC and I'm hoping it won't be awful to get Dec 19th - 22nd booked up - I'm assuming it will get packed from the 22nd on.

What do you think?

Carol

PS - 4 weeks to go before major decorating goes on that won't be necessary NEXT YEAR when we head south for a long-awaited super-relaxing awesomely-themed Christmas cruise!

PoohJen
11-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Okay, we've been 'in' too since rebooking on our 8/19 Double Dip (hey, Flexsmom!). At the time it was supposed to be a dummy date til the summer '08 comes out....but, i'm still flirting with the idea of the Christmas Cruise!! :thumbsup2 :yay:

RSSCHNECK, have you considered "editing" your first post on this thread to include a list of Disers who are sailing along on this cruise?

I just realized, I don't even remember where this cruise is going...Eastern??? :rotfl:

TTFN, Bump, and Happy Thanksgiving! :goodvibes

rsschneck
11-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Okay, we've been 'in' too since rebooking on our 8/19 Double Dip (hey, Flexsmom!). At the time it was supposed to be a dummy date til the summer '08 comes out....but, i'm still flirting with the idea of the Christmas Cruise!! :thumbsup2 :yay:

RSSCHNECK, have you considered "editing" your first post on this thread to include a list of Disers who are sailing along on this cruise?

I just realized, I don't even remember where this cruise is going...Eastern??? :rotfl:

TTFN, Bump, and Happy Thanksgiving! :goodvibes

Good idea! I will work on that next week! Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

magicalfam5
11-24-2006, 09:38 AM
Just a quick hello from me. I'm getting ready to leave in 3 weeks for this years Christmas cruise. It's been so hectic here that I'm really behind in getting ready for this trip.

Hope you all had a nice thanksgiving.

Judy

mwstar
11-26-2006, 04:07 PM
We just got off the Wonder today, Thanksgiving 2006 Cruise. It was awesome. Looking forward to celebrating Christmas 2007 with everyone aboard the Magic! :santa: :santa: :santa:

flexsmom
11-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Judy - I can't wait to hear about this year's trip! Plus, it's going to be so nice this year to not have a let-down after Christmas this year, knowing that it just represents the start of our 365-day countdown clock! I'm so looking forward to watching my in-laws try to figure out what our gift is - and I do hope they are excited about it. Our sailing party is now up to 14 in 6 staterooms representing my family and my college roommate's family. The more the merrier!

Tick, tick, tick!

rsschneck
12-16-2006, 05:30 PM
I updated the first post to include DISers who are cruising on the Christmas Cruise of 2007

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas! We are heading to WDW this Christmas and will be looking foraward to next years Christmas Cruise!

Vavasmon
12-17-2006, 07:22 PM
I also wanted to say Merry Christmas to all. In just about 1 year we will leaving for Orlando.

ophie
12-17-2006, 11:09 PM
I updated the first post to include DISers who are cruising on the Christmas Cruise of 2007
We are ophie & tarzanman. :teeth:

Vavasmon
12-18-2006, 09:44 PM
(1) We seriously need to kick this thread into gear no later than the one year anniversary of the kick-off date of our cruise. I know it seems so far away but gee, it's all I have to cling on to other than a lame trip to Myrtle Beach for a week for a dance competition next week!

(2) So we're heading home immediately after the cruise but decided to do park time at WDW first - we just prefer to exhaust ourselves park-hopping first and then relax on the cruise. So, at least we know we won't be dealing with New Year's Eve crowds, but what do you think the crowds will be like BEFORE our cruise? We're thinking of flying down to Orlando on Dec 19th (OK - which will coincidentally be my 40th birthday, although I'm having a hard time even typing that!) to do WDW on the 20th and 21st before driving to the port. We're DVC and I'm hoping it won't be awful to get Dec 19th - 22nd booked up - I'm assuming it will get packed from the 22nd on.

What do you think?

Carol

PS - 4 weeks to go before major decorating goes on that won't be necessary NEXT YEAR when we head south for a long-awaited super-relaxing awesomely-themed Christmas cruise!

Flexsmom - I was reading some old posts and saw yours about the time pre-Christmas. We were at WDW last year (2005) from Dec 22 - 29th before our 4-day cruise. I can tell you the crowds from the 22nd - 24th were very manageable - growing each day. I would think that based on our experience that you would be fine from the 19th - 22nd. DD and I were at WDW in August and the parks were busier that week that the days pre-Christmas. I can tell you that they were a mad-house from Dec 25th on.

DD is in school so going down pre-cruise next year seems out of the question. She will most likely miss school on Dec 21st so we can fly down the day before. We get off of the Magic on DH's birthday (Dec 29th) - I am considering a couple of days post-cruise in Orlando doing SeaWorld and/or Universal and flying home on the 31st or 1st.

I have almost finished planning our spring break cruise (we are sailing Freedom of the Seas) so soon I can turn my attention to planning excursions for this cruise. I am disappointed we are in port Christmas Day instead of at sea - since may of the shore activites may be closed for the Holiday. Anyone have any experience with that?

Vavasmon
12-21-2006, 10:54 PM
One year from tonight I will be sleeping in the Raddison for our night pre-cruise. Hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season

solotraveler
12-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Just one year to go now!!! :banana: :banana:

Happy Holidays everyone! :earsboy: :earsboy:

flexsmom
12-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Well, I missed the cut-off to post before the upgrade, but I am ecstatic that one year from now, we'll all be enjoying Christmas Eve on board! Tomorrow we pop the surprise to my in-laws about the trip - I hope, hope, hope that they are excited about it!

Merry Christmas to all!

Carol

rsschneck
01-05-2007, 02:21 PM
I updated the front page because one of our DIS families just cancelled the cruise:sad1:

We will miss you soccermom-Cheri and family!:santa:

njmom23grls
01-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Just off the New Years trip on the Magic and DH (first time Disney Cruiser) FINALLY understood what I was raving about. Mr. "I'm never going on a Dsiney Cruise" loved it so much he book us for Christmas 2007 - so we will be a party of at least 4 (2 DD -ages 9 & 13) - and possibly 3rd DD - age 20 and maybe grandma - reserved 2 rooms - still working out the details.

birkner
01-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Just off the New Years trip on the Magic and DH (first time Disney Cruiser) FINALLY understood what I was raving about. Mr. "I'm never going on a Dsiney Cruise" loved it so much he book us for Christmas 2007 - so we will be a party of at least 4 (2 DD -ages 9 & 13) - and possibly 3rd DD - age 20 and maybe grandma - reserved 2 rooms - still working out the details.

Hope to see your trip report as our family same age GD's as yours will be doing the NYE 2007 cruise on the magic.

:cheer2:

tiggerandpooh
01-08-2007, 10:14 PM
hey everyone,

i am sad to say that we just changed our ressie to the western itnerary on dec,15, it was cheaper for a cat.4, than a cat.6 on the xmas cruise, so everyone have a great time on your cruise, and maybe we will pass at the terminal on the day you all board....

lharter
01-08-2007, 11:47 PM
We will be on the Christmas '07 cruise. Our first Disney cruise. Heck, it's our first ANY kind of cruise. We'll have our DS14, and DD10. Hoping they'll find some good friends to spend time with.

Have been to DW at least 10 times, but the cruise....:yay: I have a feeling we don't have a clue what we are in for!

PPFQP
01-10-2007, 01:49 PM
We just changed our reservation to the Magic sailing on 12/22/2007 -- Christmas on a Disney cruise! Very exciting. We did a 7-day Western in April 2005, and are looking forward to returning.

ScouterJT
01-10-2007, 11:14 PM
looks like we won't be on this cruise -- maybe some other time

Hoppy
01-11-2007, 07:36 AM
The Bryan Clan is sailing the Christmas Cruise with the latest Bryan baby just added to the list. We're now a party of 13! And guess who's the "family TA"?? Yep, I'm the lucky one:sad2:

The burning question of the day concerns the dress schedule for our cruise. I understand formal night is Sunday; Thurs. is semi-formal; and pirate night is "usually" Tuesday. Do you think it will remain the same even though it's Christmas night? OOO, I hope so as I found the most adorable socks with Santa-hat wearing scull and crossbones!!

Vavasmon
01-12-2007, 07:22 PM
The Bryan Clan is sailing the Christmas Cruise with the latest Bryan baby just added to the list. We're now a party of 13! And guess who's the "family TA"?? Yep, I'm the lucky one:sad2:

The burning question of the day concerns the dress schedule for our cruise. I understand formal night is Sunday; Thurs. is semi-formal; and pirate night is "usually" Tuesday. Do you think it will remain the same even though it's Christmas night? OOO, I hope so as I found the most adorable socks with Santa-hat wearing scull and crossbones!!

We did the 4 night Wonder NYE 05/06 and they moved pirate night to not be the same as the holiday. I hope that Disney does this again - somehow in my mind pirate night (which is a blast) does not equate to Christmas night. Also, I would expect Christmas night to be a more "formal" night with a special dinner menu. I am still wondering what will be available in port on Christmas Day

flexsmom
01-12-2007, 07:56 PM
NJsmom - will your DD be 9 on the cruise, or is she 9 now? My DD will be 8 1/2 on the cruise, and will be her first time "full time" in the Lab. I know she'd probably like to know someone else who will be there!

I also hope Pirate night isn't Christmas night - just kind of out of context, isn't it?!

We are now a party of 14 with 6 staterooms. Our party of 4, my DM/DF next door to us, my DMIL/DFIL down the hall, my best friend and BFH, BF's DM and DF, and BFH's DM all together somewhere-on-the-ship-I'm-not-quite-sure (Did you get all of that?)

Anyhow - my in-laws were very excited when they figured out what they were looking at when they unwrapped their present Christmas Day and diciphered the reservation sheet. I'm so relieved that they weren't offended at our audacity for trying to plan their holiday next year. I do think that it's a good thing we arranged for some age-appropriate friends for them by having my parents there, too, though. I think we have a good bunch of people going who can have some fun alone or some fun together!

Vavasmon
02-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Just wanted to stop by and say HI. We purchased our airfare this morning so I guess we are a 100% go - I had considered switching to Christmas 08 when I saw the offering on the web. . My DD will have just turned 12 a few weeks before we sail. I suspect this will be our last Disney cruise for quite a while - we sailed RCCL in Nov and are doing the Freedom for spring break this year. Our big 08 vacation will be Alaska (either RCCL or Princess)

RonnieJo66
02-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Sorry folks....

After much debate we've had to change our ressies and are not going to be on this Christmas cruise. Originally we were going to roll our ressie over to Mexico in the summer of 08, but when we weren't able to get a room we wanted we opted for back to back Wonder cruises instead! :thumbsup2

So, we'll be triple-dippin' Castaway Cay baby!! :woohoo:

Hope you all have a great time on your cruise :goodvibes

rsschneck
02-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Just wanted to stop by and say HI. We purchased our airfare this morning so I guess we are a 100% go - I had considered switching to Christmas 08 when I saw the offering on the web. . My DD will have just turned 12 a few weeks before we sail. I suspect this will be our last Disney cruise for quite a while - we sailed RCCL in Nov and are doing the Freedom for spring break this year. Our big 08 vacation will be Alaska (either RCCL or Princess)

We have used FF miles for our airline tickets. 5 tickets, 3 airlines and 3 different flight configerations. I have made reservations at The Hyatt so we all have a central meeting place. I was happy to be able to use FF miles during the holidays.

We will be on the Christmas cruise, but have cancelled the one after leaving on 12-29. We scheduled the EB Repo cruise for summer of 08. We will probably cancel that because the cost is so high. I am going to try to get a group together for Alaska 08. I am leaning towards RCCL or NCL because of the activities for kids.

solotraveler
03-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Holy cow! We're all the way back on the 6th page!!

Just giving us a quick bump to keep us from falling off all together! :thumbsup2

Just 292 days to go.... We've got our pre-cruise night at the Radisson all set, our post cruise Yacht Club stay booked (off the Yacht and into the Yacht Club, I guess....). Now all we need to do is hope for reasonable airfare.

And wait 292 days....

:earsboy: :earsboy:

Vavasmon
03-05-2007, 10:58 PM
We are all set except for where to stay after the cruise. I am debating on-iste an Unniversal (which appears to be all sold out but I have my doubts) or doing SeaWorld or doing a day or 2 at Disney. Dec 29th is DH's birthday so I want to make it special.

I already have airfare and the Radisson booked. I started reserahcing excursions but I still have concerns with what will be ofered on Christmas day.
Our spring break cruise is in less than a month.

rsschneck
03-05-2007, 11:18 PM
We are set too. All five of us were able to use Frequent Flier miles for our air fare. Between the 5 of us we have 3 different flight itineraries so I have the Hyatt booked for the 21st and 29th. My family leaves on the 29th and I don't leave until the morning of the 30th so I hope someone is able to take a bump and get free airfare and join me on the flight home on the 30th;) .

We have flights booked, hotels booked, cruise booked and limo booked. DH asked if I wanted to renew our wedding vows in St. Thomas. Still thinking. Not sure if I want to use that money towards some nice jewlery instead:upsidedow

Any place to purchase a bottle of champagne in the Orlando airport so we can have it in the Limo on the way to the Port?

solotraveler
03-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Well, it looks like we are booked in for good now too.

We finally locked in airfare last night after much furrowing of brows and looking at the (very full already) seatmaps, we decided to go ahead and book. We decided to book a flight coming in early on December 20th, so we now have two nights at the Radisson pre-cruise. Since we get to Orlando about 11:30 in the morning, we figure that's plenty of time to get the rental care and get out to PC and check in AND maybe even get near the port to watch the Wonder sail away on Thursday evening.

It's definately starting to feel "real" now. Just nine more months of waiting....

flexsmom
03-30-2007, 11:32 PM
Bumping up to the front!

Anyone else watching for Southwest fares to open up for December? We usually pull down pretty sweet deals from DC to Orlando. I just can't justify the mental pain and anguish of two long drives or one long drive and the expense of an auto train when we can fly 4 of us r/t for under $700 normally. And even better, we can fly out of Washington Dulles now instead of driving to Baltimore.

That said, having unlimited space in the truck for packing for a Christmas stay just might be nice........no, no, no - can't go there!

solotraveler
04-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Bumping up to the front!

Anyone else watching for Southwest fares to open up for December? We usually pull down pretty sweet deals from DC to Orlando. I just can't justify the mental pain and anguish of two long drives or one long drive and the expense of an auto train when we can fly 4 of us r/t for under $700 normally. And even better, we can fly out of Washington Dulles now instead of driving to Baltimore.

That said, having unlimited space in the truck for packing for a Christmas stay just might be nice........no, no, no - can't go there!

I used to live in DC for the first 23 years of my life and boy oh boy do I miss having three airports to choose from! (Not to mention having Southwest as a flight option.....) We felt really lucky to get tickets on United for $267 PP.

Under $700 for four people should be no problem and way less hassle. (Oh how I miss living in DC..............)

solotraveler
04-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Hi all!! :wave2:

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter/Passover weekend!

I've decided that it's too tough to think about the 270-ish days until cruise time, so I'm going to start counting down by major holidays and life events. :teeth: So for us, it's only a Easter, a trip home for Mothers Day, Memorial Day, our annual trip to Toronto, July 4th, the beginning of fall classes, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the end of fall classes away.

See, ten things! That's not nearly as bad as 270+ days. ;)

flexsmom
04-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Solo - see, I've got myself on just a two-month timeframe, since we're doing WDW for a couple of days before our cruise. Based on that, I'm just two months or so out of having to book my dining! I'm filling evenings debating gardengrocer.com or just ordering through DVC, and rambling around towncar/van websites trying to pick which one will be best for us. My in-laws backed out of the WDW portion of our trip, so at least I only have to coordinate 4 adults and 2 kids for that part which will probably be easier. The only downside is we're only going for 2 days, so I have to suboptimize on park tickets for most of us who won't be going back any time soon.

Then, as soon as that's done, I'm just a couple more months out of DCL bookings! I'm pretty sure I'm going to bail on excursions on Christmas Day, but the recent St Thomas threads have me excited about Coral World and Coki Beach. That looks like a perfect day for us based on the age of our kids. I'm also looking forward to doing the tramway up to Paradise Point. By the end of the day, I'm sure a Bailey's Bushwhacker might be a welcome treat - not to mention the pictures and view!

I'm also trolling Southwest waiting for December to open. We have a trip to Hawaii we're taking in 2 weeks (which is my main focus right now! :yay: ) and then to Myrtle Beach in July, but I am SO looking forward to this holiday season - just don't want to wish away the whole year to get there as the planning is half the fun! :santa:

Vavasmon
04-12-2007, 08:02 PM
We love flying out of Dulles - I was born and raised in the norther Virginia area. We are flying on United for 183.30 per person round trip - I bokked that several months ago. For spring break we flew to Tampa then 1.5 days later to Ft. Lauderdale and then home to Dulles on Southwest. I paid just over 200 for that trip.

ValDisney
04-27-2007, 12:33 PM
hi
I'm going on the dec 22 magic. we are going ton the eastern caribbean cruise. me dd(11) and ds(8).
it would be nice to meet some dis pals on the cruise.
we are so excited. we did the 4 night wonder 3 yrs ago and have been wanting to do the 7 night one.

rsschneck
04-27-2007, 05:53 PM
We lost two more!:sad1: Goodybye ophie & tarzanman:flower3: We will miss you!

We have airfare for our group and hotels for before and after the cruise and a limo already reserved to take us back and forth. DH and I have decided not to renew our vows since there would only be us and my parents to observe the occasion.

We are excited for the Christmas Cruise! What are some good excursions for St. Martin and St. Thomas?

flexsmom
05-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Val - My DD will be 8 on this cruise also. She'll be in the Lab for the first time (as her primary club) while her brother will be in the Club, along with my friend's little boy who'll be 7. Did your DS like the clubs? Both of my kids loved them and I ended up insisting on a few dinners together - not sure how she'll like it being separated from the other two this time, though!

I think I've settled on excursions - at least for us. We're staying ship-bound for Christmas Day on St Maarten. I just don't want to high-tail it off the ship that day - would rather enjoy the morning with stockings and gifts, and then REVEL in not cooking dinner! St Thomas - cabbing it to Coral World and Coki Beach, with the semi-sub booked in advance. We're going to do this on our own. We'd also like to do the tram up to Paradise Point if time allows. CC - up in the air, but leaning towards the ecotour with the jet skis, taking DD8 along. I know that gets cancelled frequently, but we'll just hang loose.

That leaves 5 days of.......just about nothing on the ship! LOVE IT!

ValDisney
05-05-2007, 11:50 AM
hi
My son will turn 8 in august. he was a young 5 on our last cruise and he didn't want to go to the kids club. my daughter loved it.
my son said he doesn't want to go, but he might change his mind. I know he'll have dinner and see the shows with me, so what ever he decides is ok.
i saw a couple of excursions that we would like.

solotraveler
06-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Quick bump from us before we fall off the board altogether.....

Hope everyone is enjoying the start of their summer!! :thumbsup2 I'm reading all the blogs from the transatlantic and med cruisers and I'm completely jealous. :goodvibes

Teensy change to our plans here... We're actually changing our dates somewhat-- we're still flying down on the 20th, doing an Ohana dinner and MVMCP that night :banana: :banana: , then a blitzkreig of Everest, the Epcot storytellers and resort lobby decoration looking and Illuminations on the 21st before heading out to PC. Flying back on the 30th now.... just couldn't justify the extra expense to stay down in FL over New Years with my having to fly back down there for marathon weekend the following week..... :sad1:

Hope everyone is well!!
:earsboy: :earsboy:

PoohJen
06-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi Christmas Cruisers!

Haven't been by in a long, long time, and see the thread is in need of a BUMP!

It's neat seeing that you are all making your plans, even have hotels and air booked! How exciting!

My story: I booked this as a 'dummy date' last summer, intending to re-book it for Summer '08; well, we all know now that she's on the West Coast next year.

I still don't know if we'll be sailing in December, the kids are dying to go back though! :dance3: If we go, it is me, DH (a teacher), DS 14, 10, 10. My parents are booked to join us, but Mom is reluctant to cruise at that time.

what to do, what to do??!!!

So, just wanted to say Hi! and Happy Planning!!!:cheer2:

PoohJen
06-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Holy Cow! I killed my own Cruise Meets thread!!! (Last person to post = Thread Killer).:scared1:

Big Bump up here!:cheer2:

solotraveler
07-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Just a quick bump so we don't fall off the board completely.....

Only 22 weeks to go! :cool1:

Dreamsoftravel
07-16-2007, 09:01 PM
I am new to this forum but I am so happy I found it! Still working on some of the abbreviations used.

My family is booked for 12/22/07 Christmas cruise! this will be our first cruise EVER! And we are so psyched! We are not telling the kids until right before, do not want to hear them talk about it for the next several months.

We just booked this trip and feeling so overwelmed on planning. I did not think that excursions were booked until you got on the boat, again, I am glad I found this site to realize I can do that now. Better get busy!:confused:

rsschneck
07-16-2007, 09:10 PM
I am new to this forum but I am so happy I found it! Still working on some of the abbreviations used.

My family is booked for 12/22/07 Christmas cruise! this will be our first cruise EVER! And we are so psyched! We are not telling the kids until right before, do not want to hear them talk about it for the next several months.

We just booked this trip and feeling so overwelmed on planning. I did not think that excursions were booked until you got on the boat, again, I am glad I found this site to realize I can do that now. Better get busy!:confused:

Welcome Aboard!

If you supply more information I will add you to page 1!:woohoo:

Dreamsoftravel
07-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Not sure what kind of info you need, but here it goes.

I am guessing that DD is Disney Daughter, DS is Disney son, etc...
There are 4 of us all together. my DD is 10 and my DS is 6.

We are traveling with my parents and my brother's family - 3 staterooms.

We are driving to Florida from Maryland, unable to get affordable flights.

Let me know what other info you need. Thanks for welcoming me on board!

rsschneck
07-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Updated the DIS cruisers on page one.

I am excited for this cruise but we have planned a few other trips between now and then.

August Maui
September Napa/Sonoma
October Weekend in WDW (had to hit MNSSHP and the Food & Wine)

We have a limo reserved to take us to Port Canaveral on the 22nd of December so while we are in Orlando in October we are going to purchase our Champagne and store it in our Owner's Locker for the ride to Port Canaveral. The Limo ride and Champagne is a surprise for our DD and my parents. We are celebrating our 20th Anniversary while sailing and my parents reached their 45th Anniversary this past April so I wanted to make the ride down to Port Canaveral very special.

Anyone else have any "special" plans? I was thinking about a tree or pointsetta in our room for the week.

Dreamsoftravel
07-18-2007, 08:13 PM
We do not have anything special planned...yet. Because we booked so late, we are not able to get affordable airfare. We are going to make the drive from MD. Rather spend the $1400 in airfare on mouse gear. :)

I have a small tree with lights and ornaments I put up at work. I think that is coming with me.

I am interested in some input. What is everyone's plan for Christmas and Santa? Is Santa visiting on the boat or will he leave presents at home for after the trip?

lllpath
07-22-2007, 01:27 PM
My husband and I (Lynda and Scott) will be on the Christmas cruise too! Looking forward to ideas from everyone on decorating, etc! We were on the first Medi cruise and it was wonderful to have other Dis'ers on board. We had little 'gifts' on our stateroom door every day I think!

lllpath
07-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Please add us to the 'list' for the cruise...forgot to give our stateroom number...7074.

PoohJen
07-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Hi Bode Family, welcome! And welcome Lynda and Scott!

I don't think we can book excursions now - have they changed the ressie dates?

Your family will have great fun on this cruise! We did this itinerary in Nov '04 and were hooked! In St Martaan, our excursion (snorkeling) was cancelled due to rough seas. We didn't miss a beat - based on all the info I got on these boards, I was quickly able to throw together a Plan B on the spot, and we had a great day at the beach!

Many of my DIS friends from that cruise are sailing in August on the repo back from Europe - I am so jealous! 2 week Disney cruise!!! alas, DS14 would've missed a week of school, and DH is a teacher just getting back to school, so couldn't make it work.

Any cruise questions, just ask away!:wizard:

Kailey's Mom
07-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Hi! Just joined after I have been lurking since we went on our first cruise last April with good friends of ours. I got so much good advise, we are going on the December 22nd cruise with the same good friends! It will be myself, DH, DD9 and DD4 along with our 2 good friends!

Please add us to the list of cruisers. We are staying in Room 7076.

Any ideas as to how to play Santa for a 9 year old and a 4 year old will be most helpful!

Dreamsoftravel
07-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks Jen. After further research, I did see that I can not make ressies yet. Still time to think about what i want to do. I have no idea! But, that is why there are places like this - I can learn from others.

Having a hard time not slipping up in front of the kids about this trip. It is all I think about. I feel like a kid when I am on the computer, the kids walk by and I minimize the screen so they do not see me looking at Disney. :rotfl:

flexsmom
07-29-2007, 10:55 AM
On the countdown to final payment and on-board reservations! I cannot believe we are FINALLY to that point!

RSSCHNECK - we did Maui in April and it was fabulous. Haven't been to Hawaii in the past 10 years and I definitely do not want that long to pass between visits again, so we're planning on a March 09 trip this time with the kids. We stayed at the Grand Wailea and discovered when we returned home that it is part of the Concierge Collection through DVC, so we'll probably use some points for our next stay.

We just returned from a week at Myrtle Beach for DD's dance competition and a little family beach time, so now there is nothing between us and this Christmas trip!

We are going to order a tree from Shirley - a possibly a couple of poinsettia's as gifts for our parents and in-laws who are also cruising with us.

Kailey's Mom - we have two kids going, and plan on having them sleep in grandma and grandpa's stateroom on Christmas Eve. They were OK with taking this trip as long as Santa knew that they would not be home. I plan to do stockings and then wrap a few small gifts for them - we are giving DD an "allowance" card affilliated with our USAA account so I can have a weekly stipend loaded on the card, and then I can monitor her spending. I figure that's small enough! Any "large" toys or gifts - I'm going to download pictures or cut them out of magazines and will wrap those - and they will be set up at the house waiting for them when we return. Finally - instead of just buying souvenir stuff on the ship and handing it to them, I'm going to buy that stuff early and wrap it up and give it as gifts! That should at least give them a few more things to unwrap, without me having to haul it all there.

We are doing a 3-way van trip using FL Tours from MCO - WDW - PC - MCO, so will do a grocery stop from WDW to PC for a little bit of wine. I'm also thinking of shipping a box ahead to Beach Club with some of the Christmas stuff, then when we're done at WDW, repack the box with some of the warmer clothes we took for the parks (not much, but when we were there in Dec last time it was downright nippy) and ship it back home before we get on the cruise. I'm still debating how to do all of that, but we are definitely going to take a collapsable rolling duffle, too.

Wish we knew more about any changes of formal night, pirate night, etc., based on the day of the week of Christmas - booking Palo etc is going to be kind of a crap-shoot, isn't it?

Dreamsoftravel
07-29-2007, 01:24 PM
How/when would we find out about dinners so Palo can be reserved?

Tell me more about formal/semi-formal nights. I think my husband thought that a disney cruise was pretty casual, until we read somewhere about the individual nights. How formal is it? What is acceptable and what would be "over the top"?

rsschneck
07-29-2007, 02:07 PM
RSSCHNECK - we did Maui in April and it was fabulous. Haven't been to Hawaii in the past 10 years and I definitely do not want that long to pass between visits again, so we're planning on a March 09 trip this time with the kids. We stayed at the Grand Wailea and discovered when we returned home that it is part of the Concierge Collection through DVC, so we'll probably use some points for our next stay.

We are going to order a tree from Shirley - a possibly a couple of poinsettia's as gifts for our parents and in-laws who are also cruising with us.

Wish we knew more about any changes of formal night, pirate night, etc., based on the day of the week of Christmas - booking Palo etc is going to be kind of a crap-shoot, isn't it?

We are staying 4 nights @ the Hyatt Regency and 2 nights at The Grand Wailea. In fact I am watching the travel channel right now and Samantha Brown is at The Grand Wailea. 1 more month!:banana:

I was going to order a tree for us and a pointsettia for my parents cabin from Shirley. Not sure what the cost will be:rolleyes1 and probably don't want to know;)

I just took our pirate costumes to the dry cleaners. DD was in a wedding a few months ago and so I took in her bridesmaids dress that she will wear for one of the formal nights. I purchased new suitcases and toiletry bags as well. A few more months and we will be on the ship once again!:santa:

flexsmom
07-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Definitely spend a day by the Hibiscus Pool - the "adult pool", and order the Maui Onion Rings! They are to die for!

And spend a day at the activity pool, too - the swim-up bar is awesome to have lunch and a drink.

The hydrotherapy pools prior to a spa treatment were also amazing - it was a totally different spa experience compared to other places.

We loved the whole place - the grounds are beautiful and we did not have a bad meal. We were fortunate in that our company threw a ton of events and parties so we didn't have to pay for much food, but what we did pay for was worth it.

Enjoy your stay!

Kailey's Mom
07-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks, flexsmom! We haven't told the girls we are going..... They know we have been thinking about going to WDW at Christmas time, so we should be good when we get on the plane. We figure when we are in the car on the way to the port the oldest will figure it out! I am going to order a basket from Shirley and have it signed "Love, Santa". I am also planning on getting little gifts for them to open on Christmas and like you, have the big presents waiting at home for them. Will bring on a small tree and some Disney ornaments from home.

rsschneck
07-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Definitely spend a day by the Hibiscus Pool - the "adult pool", and order the Maui Onion Rings! They are to die for!

And spend a day at the activity pool, too - the swim-up bar is awesome to have lunch and a drink.

The hydrotherapy pools prior to a spa treatment were also amazing - it was a totally different spa experience compared to other places.

We loved the whole place - the grounds are beautiful and we did not have a bad meal. We were fortunate in that our company threw a ton of events and parties so we didn't have to pay for much food, but what we did pay for was worth it.

Enjoy your stay!

Sounds good!:woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

flexsmom
07-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Sounds good!:woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

Oh - one more thing - don't be scared off by the $13.50 price on the specialty drinks. The first one is hard to take....but it becomes much easier after the second, and third.....and fourth a few hours later! :cool1:

We had an evening sunset cruise cancel and my girlfriend and I decided to work our way through the specialty drink menu for the afternoon. We didn't quite make it all the way....but it was worth it! Love those Lava Flows!

MarcyIn Florida
08-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi all -- I just booked the 12/22/07 Xmas cruise, and wanted to pop on and say hi. I've had a great time in the past meeting all of the DISers on our cruises, and can't wait to meet some of you! It looks like the cruise is just about full -- depending on when you search, it sometimes shows up as no availability now.

PoohJen
08-06-2007, 05:03 PM
How/when would we find out about dinners so Palo can be reserved?

Tell me more about formal/semi-formal nights. I think my husband thought that a disney cruise was pretty casual, until we read somewhere about the individual nights. How formal is it? What is acceptable and what would be "over the top"?

Sorry, I don't have the Palo ressie countdown info on hand - anyone know when our dates are for Palo's/excursion ressies? Generally, previous cruisers ("Castaway Club Members") can book earlier than the new cruisers. I want to say 75/60 days out, but please don't quote me there!

re: formal/semiformal. I don't really recall much of a difference between the two. You will see some families completely decked out, including formal gowns for the women, and matching tuxes for dads and boys. Others be less formal (and some, no attempt at all!). Lots of families use these nights for formal family pictures to be taken.

It's a nice excuse to dress up, but don't feel pressured or out of place. I really don't love to dress up. DH did have a suit with him, and my sons each wore a suit coat (2d hand) with dark 'khakis' on our last formal night. When my sons were 12 and 7 on our first cruise, the 12 yo had a jacket, the 7 year olds wore...I don't recall! Probably neat khakis and polo shirt. Most nights they wore khaki shorts and polos to dinner. Me, on our cruises I have worn my "little black dress" and also a silk sun dress with a silk shawl (it's freezing in there!).

Now, there's a lot of folks who say "it's my vacation and I'll wear what I want". Fine, I can understand that, to a point. But if you wear an undershirt and cutoffs, you may feel out of place, and you may miss out on some of the fun of making it a "special night out". ;)

p.s. Hi Marcy! Welcome Aboard!!!

lllpath
08-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Just checked with DCL rep and asked the question if the itinerary would be changed given that the usual day at St. Maarten is Tuesday (which in our case is Christmas Day) and the answer was that the itinerary would not be changed. Of course, this person could be incorrect but she put me on hold and supposedly asked her manager so it may be reliable info...

The Disney Fanatic
08-18-2007, 09:25 PM
"The Disney Fanatic" and family are going to be on the Dec 20th Christmas cruise! I think about it everyday! Are the Christmas decorations as beautiful as I keep hearing? I would love to hear some more from Disney Cruising vets as this will be the first Disney Cruise for my DW, DS, and I.:dance3:

rsschneck
08-18-2007, 10:59 PM
"The Disney Fanatic" and family are going to be on the Dec 20th Christmas cruise! I think about it everyday! Are the Christmas decorations as beautiful as I keep hearing? I would love to hear some more from Disney Cruising vets as this will be the first Disney Cruise for my DW, DS, and I.:dance3:

You guys are lucky to be cruising 2 days earlier than the rest of us!:rotfl: Just kidding! I can't wait! DH has been putting money aside in a "cookie jar" so we can go shopping for our Christmas/Anniversary presents on Christmas day and the day after. I hear Tanzanite in my future!:cloud9:

The Disney Fanatic
08-19-2007, 03:23 AM
You guys are lucky to be cruising 2 days earlier than the rest of us!:rotfl: Just kidding! I can't wait! DH has been putting money aside in a "cookie jar" so we can go shopping for our Christmas/Anniversary presents on Christmas day and the day after. I hear Tanzanite in my future!:cloud9:

Hey rsschneck,

Since I am banned from putting cookies in the "cookie jar" I believe that I will adopt your DH's idea for putting money inside of it. Great idea!:thumbsup2 This will be my DS's birthday celebration as well as the family Christmas celebration. I might as well spend up the money too!pirate:

lllpath
08-20-2007, 06:27 AM
from DCL:

For the 12/22/07 sailing, we have not altered the schedule for our Ports
of Call. However, the Pirates In the Caribbean dinner and deck party is
currently scheduled for Night 5 (St. Thomas) vs. Night 4 (St. Maarten),
due to the Christmas holiday. Also, Guests can expect that many of the
shops that are normally open during the week will be closed in St
Maarten on December 25, 2007.

Dreamsoftravel
08-23-2007, 08:24 PM
:wave: Sorry, I don't have the Palo ressie countdown info on hand - anyone know when our dates are for Palo's/excursion ressies? Generally, previous cruisers ("Castaway Club Members") can book earlier than the new cruisers. I want to say 75/60 days out, but please don't quote me there!

re: formal/semiformal. I don't really recall much of a difference between the two. You will see some families completely decked out, including formal gowns for the women, and matching tuxes for dads and boys. Others be less formal (and some, no attempt at all!). Lots of families use these nights for formal family pictures to be taken.

It's a nice excuse to dress up, but don't feel pressured or out of place. I really don't love to dress up. DH did have a suit with him, and my sons each wore a suit coat (2d hand) with dark 'khakis' on our last formal night. When my sons were 12 and 7 on our first cruise, the 12 yo had a jacket, the 7 year olds wore...I don't recall! Probably neat khakis and polo shirt. Most nights they wore khaki shorts and polos to dinner. Me, on our cruises I have worn my "little black dress" and also a silk sun dress with a silk shawl (it's freezing in there!).

Now, there's a lot of folks who say "it's my vacation and I'll wear what I want". Fine, I can understand that, to a point. But if you wear an undershirt and cutoffs, you may feel out of place, and you may miss out on some of the fun of making it a "special night out". ;)

p.s. Hi Marcy! Welcome Aboard!!!

THank you for all of the information about formal night. I am torn on how far I want to go with this. I found a cute website with children's clothing that I know my DD10 would love to pick out a gown. Of course, we still have not told the kids about the trip, so having her pick out a gown right now would give that away. I also am not sure how much luggage I really want to pack. However, I love the idea of a formal family picture. Good thing I still have time to think about it!

Hoppy
08-24-2007, 06:04 AM
from DCL:

For the 12/22/07 sailing, we have not altered the schedule for our Ports
of Call. However, the Pirates In the Caribbean dinner and deck party is
currently scheduled for Night 5 (St. Thomas) vs. Night 4 (St. Maarten),
due to the Christmas holiday. Also, Guests can expect that many of the
shops that are normally open during the week will be closed in St
Maarten on December 25, 2007.

Well, that answers several questions:thumbsup2 I won't be trying for Palo ressies on Night 5; I guess St. Maarten will be a beach day instead of a shopping excursion (dh will be happy!)

For Castaway Club members: less than a month til we can book our "extras".

gordonandjackie
08-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Sorry to but in on this thread but we are thinking of going on christmas 2009 cruise. Can anyone tell me when the dates came out for 2007 cruise so that I can look around the same time for 2009.

Thank you

Jackie

flexsmom
09-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Gordon & Jackie - Wish I could remember when they were first released, but I think it was during late spring/early summer of 2006 that I booked Christmas of '07. Whenever it was, I made sure to jump on it within days of the dates being released.

lllpath - THANK YOU for that e-mail!

I'm wondering if Formal night will still be on Sunday, per usual Eastern itineraries, and then maybe they'll have Semi-Formal night coincide with Christmas, since it is usually on Thursday and that's when Pirate night will be. What do you all think? I'd be kind of happy to get Formal night and pix out of the way. We're kind of thinking about having the kids stick with us for Christmas Even night, and then maybe giving them a "pass" on Christmas night to do the Clubs and do that as Palo night. I've always felt like the "build-up" and the significance of the day could be addressed on Christmas Eve, and then after the emotional rush the kids have on Christmas morning, it might be nice for them to just.....chill. (Of course, being able to wander around at a pool/beach on Christmas Day certainly will help in that regard! I'm thinking of doing a massage smack dab in the middle of the afternoon of the 25th and I'll think about the dinner I am NOT making for 15 people!)

Ressies open up for us this Friday night.....so I'm really starting to feel like we are RIGHT around the corner!

Kailey's Mom
09-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Ressies open tonight/tomorrow morning for us!!!!:cool1: :banana:

Do we get to make them at midnight EST or do I need to set my alarm for 3am??

I can't wait!!!! We are so excited!!!

Hoppy
09-22-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm counting on Midnight EST!

Let's get this party started:banana:

Recap on the Bryan Crazy Christmas Cruise Clan:

Me: age unknown
DH: age unknown + two years
DD: 17
DD: 12

Dear MIL: No way I'm revealing her age:rotfl:

BIL #1
SIL #1
Their DS 's ages 13 and 9

BIL #2
SIL #2
Their cutie pie children: 4 and 1

Kailey's Mom
09-22-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm counting on Midnight EST!

Let's get this party started:banana:

I am hoping that is the case!!!! :cool1: :santa:

rsschneck
09-23-2007, 02:21 AM
Made ressies for us and my parents

Palo's Brunch (check)
Palo's Dinner (check/check)
Sting Ray's (check)
Atlantis (check)
Seaworld (check)

We have to decide between Atlantis sub and the Seaworld Explorer semi-submissible. Any recommendations from anyone who has already done one of these?

Hoppy
09-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Momentary panic at 11:05 p.m.CST last night. My regular web browser kept giving me an error on the Disney cruise site. Went to my back up browser and was able to get the important things booked.

Exotic rasul-Sunday

Palo Brunch-Monday; one party of four, one party of three

Spa villa for two-Thursday
Palo Dinner for four on Thursday

I tried to leave spots for the rest of you;)

Holly