PDA

View Full Version : September 29, 2007 - Magic

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

SueRS
03-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Well we are booked. Let me know who is joining us.

It will be my DH, DS 9, DD 6 and me. With my parents-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law and neice.

:thumbsup2 :hyper: :grouphug:

Updates through post 2448

The DISBoarders

SueRS (Sue): w/DH (JayS), DS9 (Abraham), DD6 (Rebecca), ParentInLaws (Linda & Joe JBSculler), DB (Steven), DSIL (Roseanna), DN8 (Sarah), Aunt (Marcia)
JayS (Jay): see SueRS
Shannon1984: w/DD3 (Savannah), DD5 (Jade), Parents (Ragdoll), DBF (Goofydad24)
Ragdoll (Donna): see Shannon1984, w/Cousin (Peg) and DH (Joe)
Disneynut1955 (David & Monica): w/unidentified guests
rxlowry (Chris & Lisa): w/DD4, parents & GFIL
deweysgirl (Liz): w/DH (Dewey), DD12, DD9, Parents (Austin & BettySue)
JDBlair (Jac): w/DH (Keith), DS13 (Jacob), DD3 (Daelyn)
LAWalz23(Lori): w/Parents (Ron & Mary), Sister Pooh667, BrotherInLaw, Neice9, Nephew9
grumpy-gramps (John & Barb): w/DGS12 (Alex), DGS11 (Nathan aka Nate), DGD10 (Krysta), DD19 (Natasha), DD31 (Sara), DS33 (Shaun), DSFriend (Cassie), DB56 (Frank) and Family DD29 (Christa) DGD4 (Serra) DSIL33 (Elias), DNDN (next door neighbors: John and Urusla).
prestonsmomma (Michelle): w/Parents, DS5 (Preston), Grammy
1971visitor (Jamie): w/DH, DS9, DD12, BIL, MIL.
TNMomof3 (Alicia): w/DH42, DS13, DD11, DD5
ibela(Irene- 30): w/DH31 (Erik), DD1 (Fallon)
a Lawman: w/DW
vpalmer (Veronica): w/DH, DD4
mcraft17: w/DH, DD11
phred84044 (Trent): w/DW (Tracy), DD7 (Karlee), DS5 (Carson)
MiaSRN62 (Maria): w/DH42 (Rob), DD16 (Brittany), DD14 (Heather)
jajomo0118 (Christa 33): w/DH34 (John aka Jay), DS11 (Jay Edward), DS10 (Jonathon)
Zane_Anthony (Tonya 27): w/Dsis21, DS6
Gr00vyChc(Pauline 34): w/DH (Joe 34), DD4 (Sarah)
llarkiniii (Lester): w/DW (Margot), DS13 (Trevor), DD11 (Aubrey), FIL (Dave), MIL (Pat), SIL & family see pwnort64, BIL (David) & family see Beck's mom
pwnort64 (Paula): w/DS4 (Henry), Friend (Leslie)
Beck's mom (Melissa): w/DH (David), DD11 (Molly), DB (Steve), DS13 (Caleb), DS17 (Kody)
crainbow (Chuck): w/DW (Mina)
tfc3rid: w/DGF26 (Molly), Tom(31)
JLSE50: (Jan & Tom)
MommaluvsDis: (Denise & Steve)
Goofydad24 (Mike): see Shannon1984
MiniGirl (Eva): w/DH, DD5, DD8, BestFriend w/DD5 & DD8
pahrumpgirl (Carol): w/DH Doug
Tink*s mama (Laura): w/DH40 (Paul), DD7(Maddie), DD5(Lydia)
wagnut65 (David): w/Kyle(19), Brendon(21)
Pooh667 (Susan): w/DH (Carl), DD9 (Cassandra), DS9 (Zachary) - sister of LaWalz23
StaciJo (StaciJo 30): with DH (31), DD (3)
TheDawnPatrol (36): with DW (38), DS (8) and DS (7)
Harper2203 (31): with DH (38), DS (5) and DS (3)

We are going to do our first dismeet at 3:00 on the first day in the promenade lounge and the second dismeet on the second sea day (Monday) at lunch (12:00) at Lumiere's.

Goody Bags
* 50 pirate themed party bags (Zane_Anthony)
* bubbles (Zane_Anthony)
* pirate tattoos (Zane_Anthony)
* pirate fruit snacks (JDBlair)
* chocolate pirate coins Deweysgirl
* Lip gloss, key chains, pins, soap-on-a-rope, bubble bath (Deweysgirl)
* little pirate duckies (Gr00vyChc)
* pirate eye patches (Gr00vyChc)
* pirate tattoos (Tink's mama)
* bouncy balls (Tink's mama)
* glow bracelets??? (Shannon1984)
* bouncey balls (Ibela)
* personalized pencils and earasers (SueRS)
* glow sticks with lanyards (so they can be worn as a necklace) & a pirate skull gummy
(LAWalz23 & Pooh667)
* pirate puzzles and pirate yo-yo's(jajomo0118)
* highlighters (Grannie)
* pirate notebooks and pens pwnort64
* pirate skull rings Beck's mom
* pirate stickers mcraft17
* pirate pinwheels llarkiniii
* Pirates of the Caribbean gummy skulls TNMomof3
* ??? harper2203
* ??? phred84044

Here is the brerakdown for the week (GrumpyGramps)
Here it is again...
Saturday -Cruise casual
Sunday -Formal Night ( DAY AT SEA)
Monday -Cruise casual(DAY AT SEA)
Tuesday -Pirate Night Pirate stuff or cruise casual
Wednesday -Cruise casual also designated as Master Chef night
Thursday -Semi-formal also called Captins Gala (Lobster Night) DAY AT SEA
Friday -cruise casual Till we meet again party
go visit ***************** and you can read the menue's and a few other things..
Have fun.

Our Logos:

Here is the logo for signatures: It is sized for DisBoard Standards
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/vpalmer2/Magiclogo7-07.jpg

Here are two large logos that can be used for whatever you like:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/vpalmer2/Magiclogo-3.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/vpalmer2/Magiclogo7-07small.jpg

SueRS
03-02-2006, 09:06 AM
I know it is early. I will try again in a few weeks. :banana:

Shannon1984
03-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Hi SueRS. I haven't booked yet but I will be going with my DD's ages 3 and 5 and my parents, hopefully. My parents will be booking the rooms when they go on the May 13th, 2006 cruise. :cool1:

Shannon1984
03-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Anyone else????? :confused3

ragdoll
03-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Me, me, me! :wave2: IF my DD and DGD's don't drive me insane by then! I will need a vacation from this vacation! :rotfl:

Shannon1984
03-13-2006, 07:48 AM
:rotfl2: We don't drive you crazy??? We're princesses. princess:

Shannon1984
03-14-2006, 09:22 AM
:Pinkbounc bump :Pinkbounc

SueRS
03-16-2006, 04:15 PM
We are up to three posters. Come on, join us!

Shannon1984
03-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Come on, I know it's early but I'm sure there's other people out there trying to get the best deal possible. Geeze, I'm already excited!!! :Pinkbounc :banana:

Disneynut1955
03-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Hello everyone! Thanks for starting the thread. My wife and I will be on this cruise as well. Her name is Monica (31) and I am David (34). We will be slightly older when the cruise comes around!

Although it is some time in the future, we are looking forward to it. We try to organize a Dis party on every cruise so let us know what activities we can help plan.

We look forward to getting to know everyone.

SueRS
03-27-2006, 11:50 AM
We will be slightly older when the cruise comes around!
Funny, I quess I will be older too. (Do I have to?) :wave:

Did I read right, you will be in the Roy & Walt suites? How many in your group?

Look forward to meeting you. Have a great day

Disneynut1955
03-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Sue,

Hello! My wife and I have both the Walt and the Roy for three weeks in September 2007. We had the missing week but gave it up so we could spend a week at Disneyworld, take a break from cruising and see our girls (we have two long hair Chihuahuas that are our "kids").

For the moment, we have both rooms booked with my wife's family during the first week (09/08/07) but have yet to identify who we are taking on the other two cruises (09/15/07, 09/29/07). For now, I have the Walt and my wife has the Roy.

We look forward to getting to know everyone prior to sailing!

SueRS
03-27-2006, 06:05 PM
David,

We will be at WDW before the week of 9/27 on the Magic. We are staying at BC. Look forward to meeting you and Monica. :thumbsup2

Shannon1984
03-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Wow, that definately is one Giant vacation. How did you manage to book the Roy and the Walt suite? I heard they are hard to get. Although, I wouldn't ever be able to afford them anyways. :rotfl2: A little too expensive for my budget. :lmao: Let us know how your other cruises go. We look forward to meeting you and your wife. And I'm definately up for a good cruise meet because the one from my 9/11/05 cruise was a little boring. :rotfl: Have a good day everyone!!!

ragdoll
03-28-2006, 08:19 AM
PARTY IN THE WALT SUITE!!! party:

Please, at least let us see it? :worship:

Something tells me that David and Monica are going to have a lot of new best friends. :jumping1:

By the way... :welcome:

Donna (geeze, and I thought I was a Disney nut!) :rotfl:

ragdoll
03-30-2006, 07:52 AM
Bumping up so rxlowry can join us! Sue, David, come talk to us. Didn't mean to scare you away! :wave2:

SueRS
03-30-2006, 08:45 AM
Bumping up so rxlowry can join us! Sue, David, come talk to us. Didn't mean to scare you away! :wave2:

You didn't scare me away. :teeth: I have been busy with work (boo hoo) and life.

Also I have been lurking and drooling on the Creative Disign Board about making custom shirts. I can see that this will be distracting.

Have a great day. Hey Ragdoll, what is your name?

ragdoll
03-30-2006, 11:20 AM
So Sue, do you mean to tell me that there is actually life outside of the DIS Boards? :rotfl: These boards sure can get addicting!

How about we all tell a little about ourselves? I'd be willing to bet that I have the best job here. I am a SAHGrandma. I babysit Shannon's DGD's while she works. I get paid with tons of sticky hugs and kisses. DH and I also have an adult son who has provided us with our DGS.

DH and I love WDW and DCL (esp. DCL!). We have been cruising DCL twice a year to recharge and recuperate from our kids and grandkids. :lmao: (yep, it's not all fun and games. We get tired!) We are cruising on the 5/13 Eastern.

Sue, is this your first cruise? It is nice that you will have your inlaws with you to help with the kids. This will be our first vacation with DGD's. I'm sure it will be a totally different type of cruise for us. Can't wait!

Oh, and my name is...
Donna

JayS
03-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Donna,

I know you posed your question to Sue but I thought this was a good time to stop lurking :guilty: ...

This will be our 3rd cruise. Sue & I were on the Star Princess (yes, that Star...) in February, 2003 to Mexico and the Sun Princess in May 2004 to Vancouver. It is our first DCL cruise and the first with family :grouphug:. My Parents have been on more cruises than I can count :worship: including at least one DCL. My Brother and his family have never cruised :rotfl2:.

Looking forward to the cruise (I need to get away from work!) and to meeting everyone!

Shannon1984
03-31-2006, 08:04 AM
What made you guys chose DCL this time? Did you enjoy the Princess cruises? I think I'm affraid to try any other cruise line because I love Disney too much. :love:
Good thing I'm bringing Grandma and Grandpa this time, Maybe I'll get a little mommy time to myself :yay:
Where's rxlowry? Come join us and tell us a little about yourself. Are you bringing kids with you? :confused3
Mom, you should teach dad to use a computer and get him on here too. :rotfl2:

ragdoll
03-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Hi Jay, It will be interesting to see how you feel DCL compares to the other cruise lines you were on. DH would like to try another cruiseline but I am afraid that I would be wishing that I was on DCL instead. I love the rotational dining, the shows and CC. DH and I are going on the 9/16/06 DCL cruise that makes two stops at CC. That is my dream cruise come true. I can't even imagine cruising without Mickey and the gang.

Shannon, Dad does just fine sitting in his chair in front of the TV. We will just leave him there. That way we won't have to argue over who gets to use the computer. :thumbsup2 Ever notice that not too many couples both post? Usually it is just one or the other. :earsboy: :earsgirl:

SueRS
03-31-2006, 01:05 PM
One of the main reasons we did Princess in the past is that it sails from the West Coast. We could afford DCL when it came west. I wish there was a ship out here regularly.

We are big Disney fans and have AP to Disneyland. We have been planning this trip for a while. We were waiting for the kids to be old enough to enjoy it and not be too much work. We are doing a week on land and then a week on sea.

rxlowry
03-31-2006, 02:00 PM
Hello,

We just booked the cruise! It will be Myself (Chris) and wife Lisa, DD Veronica who will be 4 then, My in-laws David & Janet & my Grandfater-in-law who will be 90 then! We will be in connecting staterooms on deck 7. See you all there!

Shannon1984
04-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Welcome rxlowry, my DD's will be 3 and 5. Now they will have a new friend! :Pinkbounc

SueRS
04-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Hello,

We just booked the cruise! It will be Myself (Chris) and wife Lisa, DD Veronica who will be 4 then, My in-laws David & Janet & my Grandfater-in-law who will be 90 then! We will be in connecting staterooms on deck 7. See you all there!

Wow, :welcome: . It is nice to see more people booking as early has us. Is this your first DCL cruise?

Talk to you soon.

rxlowry
04-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Wow, :welcome: . It is nice to see more people booking as early has us. Is this your first DCL cruise?

Talk to you soon.

Yes, first DCL for us. My wife & I have done RCCL (x4) and Radisson (now Regent) once together and she has been on Carnival & Cunard as well. We are looking forward to a family cruise now.

JayS
04-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Hi Jay, It will be interesting to see how you feel DCL compares to the other cruise lines you were on. DH would like to try another cruiseline but I am afraid that I would be wishing that I was on DCL instead. I love the rotational dining, the shows and CC.

Yes, I am looking forward to that as well, however it will be our first cruise with family, so there will be big differences.

ragdoll
04-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Jay, traveling with a then 3 yr. old and 5 yr. old will be quite a difference for DH and I as well. I'm sure we will have a blast with them. They are the light of our lives. They do tire us out though! I would be smart to book the next week for DH and I to recover. Hmm, maybe I should give this some serious consideration. :teeth:

A big :welcome: to rxlowry!

SueRS
04-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Donna,

I totally understand the traveling with the 3 and 5 year olds and that is why we are waiting for our kids to be 6 and 9.

My ds is looking for some boys on the cruise too.

scrapperjill
04-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Oops! Were out. Not sure what I was thinking...but were booked for the week before...9/22 the Western. :lmao:

Shannon1984
04-08-2006, 10:11 PM
:wave: Welcome Scrapperjill. I know it's a long ways away but it's never too early to get excited about it. :rotfl:

JayS
04-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Scrapperjill...sorry you won't be joining us.:wave: Have a good time on your trip! OR....Better yet, call your travel agent and DOUBLE DIP! :rotfl: You know you'd love to do that. :goodvibes

Shannon1984
04-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Well, sorry you're not joining Scrapperjill. Have a time on the other cruise! :wave2: bye

scrapperjill
04-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Double dip...I would LOVE to do that. And it's something I've actually thought about doing. :teeth:

Maybe I should start putting some more thoght into it. :smooth:

:wave:

JayS
04-13-2006, 09:18 PM
:offtopic:

Happy Passover...
party:

Happy Easter... :yay:

If you don't celebrate either, (and even if you do!) Have a happy weekend!::yes::

P.S. Bump...:grouphug:

Shannon1984
04-16-2006, 08:52 AM
:yay: Happy Easter!!! :flower1:

SueRS
04-26-2006, 02:44 PM
I thought it was time for a little "bump". Have a great day.

SueRS
05-14-2006, 11:48 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all.

JayS
05-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Ok, there haven't been too many posts here lately...Maybe this will get you thinking...

There are 500 days remaining until the cruise!

Whatever will we do with all of that time?

Shannon1984
05-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Well, my parents are on the Magic now, reading that Live report just makes it worse. :smokin: Wish I was there. Well, I'll keep dreaming about it. :angel:

JayS
05-23-2006, 12:52 PM
A little off topic here but we just got back from 2 days at California Adventure :woohoo: and Disneyland:cool1:. It was DD5's princess: first chance to go on the height restricted rides like Soarin :cloud9:, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, and Splash Mountain to name a few. She couldn't wait to get back on Splash Mountian :goodvibes but it may be a while before we get her back on the Tower :eek:. She wasn't too happy with Space Mountain :scared1: either...

DS8 :stitch: got to ride California Screamin :upsidedow for the first time and couldn't wait to do it again:yay:.

Is it time to leave for Florida yet? :rolleyes1

spectrum-turbo
05-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi there~~

We were on the Wonder last fall and liked so much we rebooked for October '06. Life, as it does, has gotten in the way of our original plans. so, it looks like we will be moving current booking to this cruise.

Our cast as it stands now:
Me
DH
DS8 -- will be 9 then
DS4 -- will be 6 then

We have a anther family that we are trying to convice to go with us as well. I will keep you updated as to our status.

SueRS
05-25-2006, 03:43 PM
:welcome: spectrum-turbo

My DS8 (then 9) will be so excited. So far everyone on this thread only had girls.

Talk to you soon.

Shannon1984
05-25-2006, 10:17 PM
:cheer2: Welcome, spectum-turbo. We're finallyt getting more people on here. Reading all these live reports and seeing the pictures from my parents cruise, just makes me wish I was there now. :cloud9:

Deweysgirl
06-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Hello fellow cruisers! Hope it's ok to jump in and introduce myself and my family. We are just off the 5/27/06 cruise (the first Double dip) and we re-booked onboard for the 9/29/07 cruise. We have sailed with DCL twice, once on the Wonder and the Western cruise we just took aboard the Magic. We are looking forward to trying the Eastern itinerary.

Cruising are: My DH - Dewey, DD11 and DD8. Also my folks are going, Austin and BettySue. We were lucky enough to secure the Cat. 6 Verandah priced as the Cat.7...we were really happy for that.

Well, we do have a long way to go but I wanted to jump in on the thread so I can stay psyched for the upcoming cruise. We just got home this morning and it's all soooo depressing! This thread will keep me going though until the next one! :cool1:

P.S. Ragdoll-I think I remember you...are you in Parma and did you sail the 4 day on 5/23/04? If so, then nice to sail with you again! :goodvibes

JayS
06-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Welcome Deweysgirl!!

:welcome:

Deweysgirl
06-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks! :wave2:

Shannon1984
06-04-2006, 10:24 PM
:smooth: Welcome Deweysgirl! I am Ragdoll's daughter. We do live in Parma, but I can't keep up with all their cruises.

How was the double dip? I loved the Live reports. I wish I was there, they seemed like such a fun group of people. :smooth:

ragdoll
06-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Hello everybody!

Welcome newbies! :welcome:

Deweysgirl, I remember your screen name. Yes, we did cruise with you. DH and I recently returned from the 9/13 Eastern. We will be on the 9/16/06 Double Dip. It was so much fun following the live trip report! I am a DCL addict. Like I said on a recent thread, DCL is my therapy. :crazy: Cheaper than a shrink and a whole lot more fun! :thumbsup2 We are spending our kids' inheritance on DCL. :teeth: Sorry, Shannon. :rotfl2:

Deweysgirl
06-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks Shannon and Ragdoll for the welcome! The Double Dip was great! We had the most beautiful weather and very calm seas. Just like the May 04 trip, very smooth. I really liked Costa Maya-we took David and Ivan's tour of the Mayan ruins and it was really awesome. David was our guide and he was so nice and extremely knowledgable of the ruins and the culture and their traditions...some kind of creepy! :eek: The village by the pier is commercialized and geared for tourists but the shops were nice enough and the people were all friendly. They actually have a swim-up pool bar right at the pier for cruisers to use. It was awesome!

Ragdoll-I remember teasing you about getting in your suitcase for a trip back to Parma. Our best friends in the world live in Parma and we don't get to see them enough unfortunately. It's nice that your daughter is able to share your love for Disney. My Mom and I are both addicts too! :teeth:

Anyway, patiently awaiting for the cruise... :rolleyes1

ragdoll
06-06-2006, 05:55 AM
Deweysgirl, I remember you saying that about getting in my suitcase. Have your friends from Parma every cruised? You should talk them into joining us!

Sounds like you had a great time on Costa Maya. I have read a lot of good things about David and Ivan's tours. My cousin and her husband are doing the Double Dip with us in Sept. and I told her about them. They want to do a ruins tour but seem to be uncomfortable booking a tour without Disney. DH and I are just going to go to the beach.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

SueRS
06-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Well, it is a day late but...

"Happy Father's Day"

I know most of the husbands haven't been posting but I wanted to get it out there.

Have a great week.

JayS
06-29-2006, 12:27 PM
15 Months remaining...Can I wait that long??? :confused3

JayS
07-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Have a safe, happy 4th of July...

Deweysgirl
07-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Hi Jay and everyone...we had a great 4th! We spent it with the Big Cheese himself! Unfortunately, we had to share him with a million other folks, but hey, who's counting, right?! We ate at The Garden Grill in EPCOT which was very good! The character interaction was great! We also went over to see Piano Bob for awhile at Port Orleans and much fun was had by all!

Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th! How many days are we down too now?!?! :boat:

spectrum-turbo
07-09-2006, 10:03 AM
I finally changed our ressie to this cruise. :thumbsup2

I was having a hard time 'letting go" of the thought that we weren't cruising this year. :confused3

And just because my 4 year old likes this one we will use it for the official 446 days to go mascot: :dance3:

Deweysgirl
07-09-2006, 02:14 PM
I know it's a hard decision to postpone, we had to postpone too for reasons not within our control, but hey, it will be here sooner than we know and it will all be real good!!! :dance3:

Liz :goodvibes

JayS
07-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Welcome spectrum-turbo!

As a quick recap, here's everyone who has posted as joining us:

SueRS: w/DH (JayS), DS9, DD6, ParentInLaws, DB, DSIL, DN8
JayS: see SueRS
Shannon1984: w/DD3, DD5, Parents (Ragdoll)
Ragdoll (Donna): see Shannon1984
spectrum-turbo: w/DH, DS8, DS4
deweysgirl: w/DH, DD11, DD8, Parents (Austin & BettySue)
Did I miss anyone?

Shannon1984
07-15-2006, 08:58 AM
:banana: Welcome Spectrum-Turbo! :banana:

spectrum-turbo
07-15-2006, 02:03 PM
:banana: Welcome Spectrum-Turbo! :banana:

Thanks for the warm welcome. To quote Carol Burnet:

I'm so glad we had this time together, just to have a laugh, and sing a song. Seems we just got started and before we knew it came the time we had to say, 'So long.'

I had to switch my cruise to a week earlier. My dear friend said that she would like to go on the cruise, but could only go the week before. So, I called Rich at DCL and moved us up a week. (A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do)

I will probably drop in from time to time though.

~~S-T

JayS
07-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Ok, 14 Months remaining.......

PS. Bump!
PPS. My Mom says :wave2: Hi! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

JayS
08-13-2006, 08:32 AM
-Bump-

Anyone else joining us?

SueRS
08-24-2006, 11:14 AM
400 Days left until our trip. That seems so far away.

Deweysgirl
08-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Yes, it does seem sooooo far away, but gives us all something to look forward too I guess. I need to get passports for our family so I need to get busy on that! I was kind of hoping they would change the passport deadline but so far it still looks like Jan. 07. I want to get them anyway now because I think I would feel safer.

I have been looking at the shore excursions. We've never been to these islands before or on the Eastern itinerary so I have a lot of studying and planning to do. That should take up the next 400 days! :rotfl2:

SueRS
08-25-2006, 12:56 PM
That should take up the next 400 days! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :lmao:

JDBlair
09-02-2006, 04:30 PM
:cool1: Working out the final details with the TA. She currently has us on Level 2 and we're inquiring about a higher level because my mother warned that on another cruise line, towards the end of her cruise they could smell the trash and bathrooms being so far down in the boat. Definitely don't want to smell stinky! But, if we can't get higher up for the price we've been given, we'll take Level 2 and submit our deposit by the 5th of this month!! I am so excited. Ever since my husband gave the "okay" to book a DCL, I have been all over the internet looking for pictures and posts and anything about the cruise.

We will be sailing with:
Me, Jac, (the Mommy/wife) I will be 32 when we cruise
Husband, Keith, he will be 33
Son, Jacob, he will be 13
Daughter, Daelyn, she will be 3 - a week away from being 4

My parents may join and so may a cousin. But for now, it's the 4 of us and I couldn't sleep last night just thinking about it! I am pumped!
:dance3:

Deweysgirl
09-02-2006, 09:20 PM
:welcome: :wave:

Welcome Aboard JDBlair and Welcome to The Dis!

JDBlair
09-02-2006, 09:25 PM
:welcome: :wave:

Welcome Aboard JDBlair and Welcome to The Dis!

Thank you. I think it goes without saying - I am extremely excited to be here. So glad my husband gave the green light on this vacation the Thursday before a 3 day weekend. I have nothing but time to sit and read about the cruise.

JDBlair
09-05-2006, 07:34 PM
We booked today!!!!!!!!!!! We're going!! yahoo!!!!
:cloud9: :cool1: :yay:

Deweysgirl
09-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Yay! :cool1: It's a good feeling, I know! My DH and I are also cruising with our two children (8) and (11) and my folks will be going on the same cruise too. We invited my cousin, her DH and their son but not sure if they will make it or not.

Anyway, not sure if you have heard of the Passporter Guide for the Disney Cruises but it has been my bible, so to speak. TONS of good info and really fun to read.

Just think, we are down to just about a year now. We've been booked since May of this year and it feels like forever!

SueRS
09-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Glad to have another going with us that our on the Disboards too.

:cheer2: JDBlair.

JDBlair: w/DH, DS13, DD3

Looking good. :grouphug:

JDBlair
09-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Yay! :cool1: It's a good feeling, I know! My DH and I are also cruising with our two children (8) and (11) and my folks will be going on the same cruise too. We invited my cousin, her DH and their son but not sure if they will make it or not.

Anyway, not sure if you have heard of the Passporter Guide for the Disney Cruises but it has been my bible, so to speak. TONS of good info and really fun to read.

Just think, we are down to just about a year now. We've been booked since May of this year and it feels like forever!

DH helped me set up my ticker last night. When we got home from work (he paid the deposit while we were at work) he suggested we set it up! :bitelip:

In the main forum, a couple of people have posted that they're booking this cruise but I don't think I've seen them post in here yet. :wave:

What is the Passporter Guide? Sounds like something I absolutely have to have!

JDBlair
09-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Glad to have another going with us that our on the Disboards too.

:cheer2: JDBlair.

JDBlair: w/DH, DS13, DD3

Looking good. :grouphug:

My name is Jac (female)! Nice to meet you all!! :yay:

Shannon1984
09-08-2006, 09:51 PM
:welcome: Jac and family, glad to see more people going on this cruise. :cheer2:

Your daughter is right around the ages of my DD's. Your kids will love the cruise! :jumping1:

party:

JDBlair
09-09-2006, 07:04 PM
:welcome: Jac and family, glad to see more people going on this cruise. :cheer2:

Your daughter is right around the ages of my DD's. Your kids will love the cruise! :jumping1:

party:

Have you been on DCL before? Will there be a DIS meet? Those sound fun!

My parents (who are joining us) will be coming from Columbus. I see you're in Cleveland. We're in Phoenix. The weather will be nice for you all - I'm wondering if we'll be a little cold!! :-)

Shannon1984
09-10-2006, 08:12 PM
:banana: This will be my 4th cruise. My oldest daughters second cruise and my youngest daughters first cruise. They are a lot of fun. I have always went in September and have had wonderful weather. The temperature is usually between 80 and 90 degrees, perfect to me. I can't wait to go again. :beach:

JayS
09-11-2006, 11:32 AM
My parents (who are joining us) will be coming from Columbus. I see you're in Cleveland. We're in Phoenix. The weather will be nice for you all - I'm wondering if we'll be a little cold!! :-)

My parents (who are also joining us) were born and raised in Columbus (but we all live in sunny So. Calif.) and we still have family and friends in the Bexley areas...

ragdoll
09-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi all :wave: and welcome JDBlair! You are going to have such a blast. There is nothing better than a Disney cruise! DH and I are leaving on our 10th DCL cruise on Saturday. We are DCL addicts. Shannon1984 is our daughter and is following in our footsteps as far as DCL is concerned.

Donna

ragdoll
09-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Oh, and to answer your question Jac, yes, we most certainly will have a Dis Meet! Because... :disrocks:

SueRS
09-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Donna, I loved that. :Pinkbounc
yes, we most certainly will have a Dis Meet! Because... :disrocks:

JDBlair
09-11-2006, 10:36 PM
:banana: This will be my 4th cruise. My oldest daughters second cruise and my youngest daughters first cruise. They are a lot of fun. I have always went in September and have had wonderful weather. The temperature is usually between 80 and 90 degrees, perfect to me. I can't wait to go again. :beach:

I am definitely hoping for warm weather and good seas!!! We took a 3 day cruise out of Los Angeles in June 2005 - it was in the 70's to 80's. We froze. By June, Phoenix has already been seeing temps in the 100's. When we sail in late September, PHX will be coming down from the high temps but it still won't be "outdoor" weather for us. For Ohio - Spring Fever actually happens in Spring. For AZ - we call it Fall Fever because once Halloween hits - we can finally step outside and not melt. :teeth:

JDBlair
09-11-2006, 10:38 PM
My parents (who are also joining us) were born and raised in Columbus (but we all live in sunny So. Calif.) and we still have family and friends in the Bexley areas...

Are you in Los Angeles or outside? I have family in Temecula - they moved from Laguna Hills a few years ago and seriouly regret it. Temecula is nice but compared to Laguna Hills.. I lived with my parents in Hilliard (suburb of Columbus) for about 4 years. I grew up in CA so I was no fan of Ohio! :sad2:

JDBlair
09-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi all :wave: and welcome JDBlair! You are going to have such a blast. There is nothing better than a Disney cruise! DH and I are leaving on our 10th DCL cruise on Saturday. We are DCL addicts. Shannon1984 is our daughter and is following in our footsteps as far as DCL is concerned.

Donna

Have a nice trip! I wish I was going with you!! So not fair that you get to go again before we do!! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to meet everyone but am looking forward to getting to know you all before we go!! :love:

JayS
09-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Are you in Los Angeles or outside? I have family in Temecula - they moved from Laguna Hills a few years ago and seriouly regret it. Temecula is nice but compared to Laguna Hills.. I lived with my parents in Hilliard (suburb of Columbus) for about 4 years. I grew up in CA so I was no fan of Ohio! :sad2:

Laguna Hills and Temecula are both well south of LA (in Orange County), and we live in the San Fernando Valley, which is in the northern part of LA, near Ventura County. It's about 2+ hours drive from one end to the other. I also grew up here and have only visited Columbus...

JDBlair
09-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Is it time for our cruise yet? After the past 9 or so days :furious: , I am ready go go.

DS and I are going tomorrow to renew my passport and apply for his. :woohoo: That will put us 2 down, 2 to go. The price doesn't seem to hurt so bad if it's broken up a bit between the 4 of us! :sad2:

JayS
09-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Is it time for our cruise yet? After the past 9 or so days :furious: , I am ready go go.

I know I'm sure counting...53 weeks :hourglass until we head out for a week at the Beach Club :beach: then we sail :boat:

Has anyone else besides us started packing yet? (Yes, we have actually :crazy2: packed a few things.)

ragdoll
09-15-2006, 12:48 PM
It's time for MY cruise! :teeth: Sorry, couldn't resist.

Jay, I cannot believe that you actually started packing! That is what I am supposed to be doing. I just started this afternoon and we leave tomorrow. One of us must be :crazy: I'm sure that Shannon would say that would me me. :rotfl:

Donna

JDBlair
09-15-2006, 06:47 PM
I can't say that I've started packing but have started "the list" in my head. It won't surprise me if I pull out a suitcase or a large gift bag in January to start tossing in things I will need for the cruise. For example, this coming Halloween, I will probably go ahead and put aside my "pirate bandana" with Mickey ears I bought at Disneyland 6 years ago. And will probably buy some pirate things as I see them this Halloween - you know, for Pirate night next year on the boat!! :dance3:

Today, 2 of us went for our passports. Me, for my renewal. And DS for his first ever. :cool1: The Post Office guy complimented on my "preparedness" after I quickly handed over any and every document he requested. I love being organized. princess:

LAWalz23
09-19-2006, 10:41 PM
My family is going too! Three cabins. It will be myself, my parents, sister, brother-in-law and their twins, boy/girl who will be 9 at the time of the cruise.

SueRS
09-20-2006, 11:59 AM
My family is going too! Three cabins. It will be myself, my parents, sister, brother-in-law and their twins, boy/girl who will be 9 at the time of the cruise.

We are glad you are joining us. My DS will be so happy to have another boy his age.

:hourglass

JDBlair
09-20-2006, 11:48 PM

Welcome to the little family! :wave: Glad to have you. :yay:

JDBlair
09-20-2006, 11:50 PM
This weekend, I bought "Tink" gifts for my daughter on the cruise next year. I got the idea from a TR I read. My DH asked if what I bought was for our DS's birthday on October 15th to which I replied, "nope!" He asked, Christmas? Nope! What then? Well, they're for the cruise, of course. Yeah, so I guess we can say I have officially started to pack. :lmao:

JayS
09-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Here's our updated list of everyone who has posted as joining us:

JDBlair (Jac): w/DH, DS13, DD3, Parents
LAWalz23: w/Parents, Sister, BrotherInLaw, Neice9, Nephew9

Over 40 people by my count...

JDBlair
09-21-2006, 10:24 PM
We received the packet from our TA today. What a pleasant surprise! :bounce:

Shannon1984
09-24-2006, 02:27 PM
:welcome: LAWalz23 and the rest of the family! I'm glad were getting more people on this thread. :banana:

Shannon1984
09-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Now my Mom's cousin, husband and possibly their neice will also be going on this cruise! :cheer2:

JayS
09-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Now my Mom's cousin, husband and possibly their neice will also be going on this cruise! :cheer2:

And my Dad says his Sister really wants to go...

party:

JDBlair
09-27-2006, 10:32 PM
And my Dad says his Sister really wants to go...

party:

And my cousin isn't going - says it's too expensive. And my parents haven't booked their portion because they had just returned from a vacation to Sweden when I announced our plans for DCL. My Dad says they have to see where they are after they file their taxes next year. And then DH and I have had an unexpected financial situation arise that we're hoping doesn't get any more $$$ or..our trip gets delayed. NO!!!!!! I'm keeping the faith..keeping the faith. Breathe in the faith, exhale the fear!!! pixiedust:

ragdoll
09-28-2006, 10:52 PM
My clock just struck 12 midnight. Bet we all know what that means! :teeth:
One year from today we will be :sail: party: :drinking1 :rockband: and having a great time. :jumping1:

Now I can go to bed and hopefully have some sweet cruise dreams. :teeth:

pixiedust: to JDBlair. Hopefully everything works out so you can come with us!

JayS
09-29-2006, 10:20 AM
I just have to jump on the Count-down-bandwaggon!

1 Year to the Cruise
51 weeks until we leave for the Beach Club & WDW

And this is post #100!!!

JDBlair
09-30-2006, 12:05 PM
This time next year, we'll all be on the boat!!! :cool1: I had the best dream about our cruise the other night. It was so awesome. DS was excited about it when I told him about the dream and said my dreams have a way of coming true! pixiedust:

grumpy-gramps
10-03-2006, 10:05 AM
:wave2: Hi All,
Greetings from pirate: grumpy-gramps and not so :bride: grumpy grammy better known as John (57) and Barb (5-, I'm not that crazy).
It's official, I just booked for the 09/29/07 Eastern Magic, now I have to tell the folks on the 09/15/07 that we have :bounce: ship.
We sort of blew it :sad1: :sad2: , as we were on the 09/09-16/06 and did not sign up on board, so much for shipboard credits.
Have a nice day, we'll be watching the boards :surfweb: and once I learn how I'll post some pictures. I'm sure we will party:
grumpy-gramps and not so grumpy grammy
(John and Barb)

JayS
10-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Welcome John and Barb!

JDBlair
10-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Welcome John and Barb!!! :cheer2: :woohoo: Glad to have you join!!

Deweysgirl
10-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Hello All and :welcome: To our newest cabin mates, John and Barb!!

grumpy-gramps
10-03-2006, 08:32 PM
:wave2: Hi all and thanks for the greetings.
Here is a copy of out door sign from the 09/09/06 western and a picture of us.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/DCL/CopyofDCL2-13.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/th_10_02_0.jpg (http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/10_02_0.jpg)

I hope they come out as this is my first time trying to post pictures.

grumpy-gramps

JDBlair
10-04-2006, 06:51 PM
What a handsome couple you are! I love the door sign. I'll start working on our door signs next year. I'm sure DH thinks it's bad enough that I've already started buying stuff for the trip.

grumpy-gramps
10-04-2006, 07:11 PM
pirate: Well shipmates here is my new (1st) door sign.

pirate: http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/DCL/07doorsign.jpg

If anyone would like one just PM/e-mail me and give me your information (names, etc) and I'll send it back to you, so you can print it on a magnetic sheet. This one will fit on a standard sheet of paper (8x10 in landscape).

have a nice evening/day,
grumpy-gramps and not so grumpy barb
(John & Barb)

Deweysgirl
10-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh, I would absolutely love one! Thank you for offering. I love yours and I wouldn't have the foggiest on how to create my own, I'll Pm you the info, it's late and I'm getting ready to turn in but I will PM the info to you tomorrow.

Thank you! Thank you!! :Pinkbounc

ragdoll
10-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Welcome, John and Barb! Happy to see more grandparents joining our group! Are you traveling with grandchildren? This will be our first trip with grandkids. I'm sure it will be a completely different type of cruise. But different in a good way :thumbsup2

Donna

Shannon1984
10-05-2006, 08:20 AM
:welcome: John and Barb! We are starting to get a good group here already!

Believe me mom after you go with your :hyper: grandkids, you will be booking to go again alone. :rotfl2:

prestonsmomma
10-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Hey guys and gals anyone mind if a newbie joins you??? Oh and hopefully there will be at least two Grammy's on board. My parents are supposed to be joining us and my DS calls my Mom Grammy. Sorry just had to point that out since you don't hear Grammy very often.

grumpy-gramps
10-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Oh, I would absolutely love one! Thank you for offering. I love yours and I wouldn't have the foggiest on how to create my own, I'll Pm you the info, it's late and I'm getting ready to turn in but I will PM the info to you tomorrow.

Thank you! Thank you!! :Pinkbounc

pirate: Deweygirl,

No problem, be sure to give me the first name of all, as I will make smaller Mickey heads with just their names on them and you can use ribbon to go from the big sign to the little one's.

If you all don't hear from us this weekend don't panic as we are going to Maine to visit out grandchildren and three out of 4, of our own childred.

post you when we get back
(John & Barb)

JayS
10-05-2006, 10:58 AM
:welcome: Michelle and family!!

Of course you are welcome to join us! When it comes to DCL we are also 'newbies'!

P.S. Did you think we would say no?:rotfl:

P.P.S. I hope that you would ignore me if I did! ;)

JayS
10-05-2006, 11:17 AM
With 2 new families joining us :cheer2: , I thought I'd post an updated list of everyone who has posted as joining us. Post any updates and we will keep this list updated! :smooth:

SueRS: w/DH (JayS), DS9, DD6, ParentInLaws, DB, DSIL, DN8, Aunt
grumpy-gramps (John & Barb)
prestonsmomma (Michelle): w/DH, Parents, DS5

About 50 people by my count now... :woohoo:

:disrocks:

prestonsmomma
10-05-2006, 12:35 PM
:welcome: Michelle and family!!

Of course you are welcome to join us! When it comes to DCL we are also 'newbies'!

P.S. Did you think we would say no?:rotfl:

P.P.S. I hope that you would ignore me if I did! ;)

I would tuck my tail and leave. NOT. I think you and I are going to get along well. :teeth: Thanks for the list of people traveling too. It looks like there will be a couple of children around the same age too. Preston is beside himself with excitement already. pirate:

JDBlair
10-05-2006, 07:20 PM
I love it!! Will definitely take you up on the offer to make one for me and the fam!!! :Pinkbounc

pirate: Well shipmates here is my new (1st) door sign.

pirate: http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/DCL/07doorsign.jpg

If anyone would like one just PM/e-mail me and give me your information (names, etc) and I'll send it back to you, so you can print it on a magnetic sheet. This one will fit on a standard sheet of paper (8x10 in landscape).

have a nice evening/day,
grumpy-gramps and not so grumpy barb
(John & Barb)

JDBlair
10-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Hey guys and gals anyone mind if a newbie joins you??? Oh and hopefully there will be at least two Grammy's on board. My parents are supposed to be joining us and my DS calls my Mom Grammy. Sorry just had to point that out since you don't hear Grammy very often.

Hi Michelle! Welcome to the group!! :wave2: It's so exciting to have more people join!!! :woohoo: I can't wait to meet everyone face to face!!! :yay:

JDBlair
10-05-2006, 07:24 PM
I would tuck my tail and leave. NOT. I think you and I are going to get along well. :teeth: Thanks for the list of people traveling too. It looks like there will be a couple of children around the same age too. Preston is beside himself with excitement already. pirate:

It looks like we'll have a few kids between 3 - 5. That will make it nice for them in the clubs! My DD will be 2 weeks shy of her 4th birthday when we sail. She sure is excited to go on the "Mickey Mouse Boat"!

ragdoll
10-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Hi Michelle :welcome:

LOL Shannon. I am thinking ahead. You know that dad and I have two "fake" DCL dates booked. You better save some vacation time or you may need a babysitter. We can decide to take off at anytime. :teeth:

This is fun! We've got a great group here. :thumbsup2

Donna

ragdoll
10-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Bet that I will be the only Goo on board! :rotfl: DGD couldn't say grandma. Somehow it came out Goo. Sounded really strange at first but it stuck and I LOVE it! Now both DGD's call me Goo. We have gotten some very confused looks! :teeth:

Donna

SueRS
10-06-2006, 11:42 AM
And one set of Bubbe and Zayde. This is what my kids and my dneice calls my parents-in-law. Wow, I am so excited. :Pinkbounc :wave: :woohoo:

JDBlair
10-06-2006, 07:33 PM
If my parents go, they are Mama and Baba. Mama seems pretty self-explanatory. Baba came about a couple of ways. DS and Mama use to sing, "Ba ba ba, ba ba baran.." And my father's name is Bob. Put 2 and 2 together :stir: and you get Baba. It's cute.

Shannon1984
10-06-2006, 10:20 PM
:welcome: Michelle and family! I'm glad to see this is going to be such a fun group of DISers. :disrocks: My DD's will be so excited with all the kids around their age. I am glad we picked this date.

It will also be fun to go with Goo and Papa for a change :rotfl2:

JayS
10-08-2006, 10:52 PM
If my parents go, they are Mama and Baba. Mama seems pretty self-explanatory. Baba came about a couple of ways. DS and Mama use to sing, "Ba ba ba, ba ba baran.." And my father's name is Bob. Put 2 and 2 together :stir: and you get Baba. It's cute.

When my Dad was trying to teach my DS (Now 8) to say "Barney", he said to him say "Bar" and DS responded "Bar". "Now say 'Knee'" to which DS responded "Knee". "Ok, now say 'Barney'". DS got this gleem in his eye and he blirts out, "Baba!" This goes on for WEEKS! I don't think DS ever said "Barney" for him.

JDBlair
10-09-2006, 10:14 PM
When my Dad was trying to teach my DS (Now 8) to say "Barney", he said to him say "Bar" and DS responded "Bar". "Now say 'Knee'" to which DS responded "Knee". "Ok, now say 'Barney'". DS got this gleem in his eye and he blirts out, "Baba!" This goes on for WEEKS! I don't think DS ever said "Barney" for him.

That's a cute story!! I like it when kids make up new words. Especially when they make up new words for the grandparents.

I don't know about you all but I am ready to get this party started. Do you know that this time next year, we will all be home and struggling to get back in to our normal routine?? :sad2:

So...is anyone doing anything special to get ready for the trip? :boat: :sail: Other than saving money and counting down the days? For me, we've started working out :yay: . Want to drop some pounds so we can put them all back on eating on the cruise! :flower:

Shannon1984
10-10-2006, 07:53 AM
We are also trying to save money here. It's not working well so far. :banana: The new passport rules just saved us a couple hundred dollars, though! :Pinkbounc As soon as Halloween is over I plan to buy princess dresses when they are discounted. Is anyone else planning the cruise this early?

Deweysgirl
10-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Shannon- I am sooo happy to hear the good news about the passport rule. That is one less thing for us to worry about, very happy for that! :cool1:

Jac- Here is some depressing news...I gained 7 pounds (yes, I said 7!) on our cruise in May. As of this week I have finally taken that off. How is it possible to gain 7 pounds in 1 week and take 5 months to lose it!! :confused3 ARGH!! :sad2:

Michelle and family - Welcome! :goodvibes

JDBlair
10-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Shannon- I am sooo happy to hear the good news about the passport rule. That is one less thing for us to worry about, very happy for that! :cool1:

Jac- Here is some depressing news...I gained 7 pounds (yes, I said 7!) on our cruise in May. As of this week I have finally taken that off. How is it possible to gain 7 pounds in 1 week and take 5 months to lose it!! :confused3 ARGH!! :sad2:

That's what I want to know!! Why does it take so long to get it off? Totally insane. :rolleyes:

SueRS
10-11-2006, 10:50 AM
. How is it possible to gain 7 pounds in 1 week and take 5 months to lose it!! :confused3 ARGH!! :sad2:

I don't understand that either. Well we have about 50 weeks to lose what we want before the cruise. :confused3 :cheer2:

JDBlair
10-11-2006, 10:52 AM
We are also trying to save money here. It's not working well so far. :banana: The new passport rules just saved us a couple hundred dollars, though! :Pinkbounc As soon as Halloween is over I plan to buy princess dresses when they are discounted. Is anyone else planning the cruise this early?
Do you have a Disney store near you? Or are you ordering Online? We have this fancy mall near us and no Disney store. The Disney Store is in the mall that I won't go in - you need a bullet proof vest to walk around that mall!

I was thinking I'd still get the fam Passports. I already went for DS and mine. Just need DD and DH. I'd rather have Passports than carrying our birth certificates. I think it would be harder for someone to steal our identity if they found our Passports as opposed to our Birth Certificates. How do you report a birth certificate stolen?

grumpy-gramps
10-11-2006, 01:35 PM
:thumbsup2 aggree with the passport logic. Now if you don't have the money, keep your birth certificate handy and both sets of papers locked up in a safe place.

Deweysgirl,
I have your two door signs finished, e-mail me, so I can send them to you.
grumpy-gramps

prestonsmomma
10-11-2006, 02:02 PM
I would be happy to be planning this early. I'm finishing final details on our December trip first though (still looking for good cheap airline tickets but driving is pretty easy from here too so it's not a huge deal if I don't find them). Plus people need to decide if they are going with us or not. First my parents aren't going, then they are, then they aren't 100% sure. Then my neighbors literally invited themselves plus a few of their friends. :confused3

Is there anything I need to be looking out for like a pirate costume or anything like that??? Do they do that pirate party on short cruises??? Forgive my stupidity here please. I'm new to DCL.

grumpy-gramps
10-11-2006, 07:00 PM
:wave2: Michell,
:welcome: and glad to have you with us.
Were just getting back to Virginia from a long weekend in Maine with our children and grandchildren. I guess I'm missing something. When in December are you going on the cruise?

have a great night/day,
grumpy-gramps and not so grumpu grammy
(john and Barb)

prestonsmomma
10-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Cruise isn't until next year. We are doing WDW in December.

grumpy-gramps
10-12-2006, 01:20 PM
:wave:

I understand a little better now.

grumpy-gramps

Shannon1984
10-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Do you have a Disney store near you? Or are you ordering Online? We have this fancy mall near us and no Disney store. The Disney Store is in the mall that I won't go in - you need a bullet proof vest to walk around that mall!

I was thinking I'd still get the fam Passports. I already went for DS and mine. Just need DD and DH. I'd rather have Passports than carrying our birth certificates. I think it would be harder for someone to steal our identity if they found our Passports as opposed to our Birth Certificates. How do you report a birth certificate stolen?

I was planning on getting trhem from the Disney Store by us, but I found better deals at Party City. They are only $20 and will be going on sale after Halloween. I have to get the dresses for them or they will be upset when they see other kids dressed up.

Deweysgirl
10-13-2006, 07:39 PM
:thumbsup2 :woohoo: :woohoo: :cool1: :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Grumpy-gramps: You are the best!! I just had a chance to sit down at the computer and check the email. You really did an awesome job! Everything is PERFECT! I've always envied other decorated doors and now we'll have our very own cool decorated door too - all thanks to YOU!! Thank you again!!

kimmcbee
10-14-2006, 07:59 PM
We are going to be with all of you also. We were on our first dcl cruise 9/30/06, and rebooked for the sane week next year( fall break at school). Our group is Me-Kim
DH-Walter
DS-Kyle(12)
DS-Hunter(9)
DS-Michael(5)
DFIL- Walter

We are booked in conecting 10s this time, big change from the 6s we had this time. We were never in the room, and boys not on the balcony that much, they well never miss it.

Cant wait to get to know each of you.
Kim

grumpy-gramps
10-14-2006, 08:35 PM
We are going to be with all of you also. We were on our first dcl cruise 9/30/06, and rebooked for the sane week next year( fall break at school). Our group is Me-Kim
DH-Walter
DS-Kyle(12)
DS-Hunter(9)
DS-Michael(5)
DFIL- Walter

We are booked in conecting 10s this time, big change from the 6s we had this time. We were never in the room, and boys not on the balcony that much, they well never miss it.

Cant wait to get to know each of you.
Kim

:wave2: Hi and :welcome:

Glad to have you sailing with us, we ( :bride: DW Barb and me) were on the 09/09/06 western as our first cruise.
If I had a crew as large as yours I probably would do the same as far as the room goes. The money can go for other things.
Welcome again and I'm sure others will be on soon enough to greet you.

(John & Barb)

grumpy-gramps
10-14-2006, 08:42 PM
:thumbsup2 :woohoo: :woohoo: :cool1: :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Sorry I messed up pushed the button twice (fat fingers I guess).

Grumpy-gramps: You are the best!! I just had a chance to sit down at the computer and check the email. You really did an awesome job! Everything is PERFECT! I've always envied other decorated doors and now we'll have our very own cool decorated door too - all thanks to YOU!! Thank you again!!

What you got was just the draft but if no changes are needed that's OK too.
I'll be making smaller individual ones with just the name on them (like Tabby, Brianna,Liz,Dewey and for your folks too)
Your door will look great by September.

have a great weekend
gg and not so grumpy
(John & Barb)

Shannon1984
10-14-2006, 09:07 PM
:welcome: Kim and family!

1971visitor
10-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Hi, All!

We just rebooked onboard for this cruise! :cool1: Sounds like this group will be fun!

We just got off the Magic this morning - it was incredible - the weather, the service, the ocean was as smooth as glass - perfect! :wizard:

The weather here in TN is awfully cool. Makes it hard to come home....

JayS
10-15-2006, 01:26 AM
Hi, All!

We just rebooked onboard for this cruise! :cool1: Sounds like this group will be fun!

We just got off the Magic this morning - it was incredible - the weather, the service, the ocean was as smooth as glass - perfect! :wizard:

We are starting to have a big group here! party:

Here is the updated list...Post (or PM) any updates/additions/changes and we will keep this list updated! :smooth:

SueRS (Sue): w/DH (JayS), DS9 (Abraham), DD6 (Rebecca), ParentInLaws (Linda & Joe), DB (Steven), DSIL (Roseanna), DN8 (Sarah), Aunt (Marcia)
kimmcbee (Kim): w/DH (Walter), DS12 (Kyle), DS9 (Hunter), DS5 (Michael), DFIL (Walter)
1971visitor (Jamie): w/DH, DS9, DD12, BIL, MIL
Over 60 people by my count now... :cool1:

ragdoll
10-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Welcome Kimmcbee and 1971visitor!

1971 visitor, who will you be traveling with?

JayS, thanks for keeping an updated list! :thanks:

1971visitor
10-15-2006, 07:32 PM
My DH pirate: , DS(9) pirate: , and DD(12) princess: will be sailing with me, as well as my BIL pirate: and possibly my MIL :confused3 .

Several other families from our area who were on last week's cruise with us are booked on this cruise, as well!

It's going to be tough going back to work tomorrow morning.... :sad2:

Gotta go write lesson plans :teacher: and put my kids to bed before Desperate Housewives comes on..... :happytv:

Jamie :wave2:

Shannon1984
10-15-2006, 09:39 PM
:welcome: 1971visitor and family! Our group is growing fast! :banana:

prestonsmomma
10-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Welcome everyone!!!!! Hey I'm not the last to join now. :rotfl:

JDBlair
10-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Welcome to the newcomers! I'm so excited to see that Kim has a 12 year old going - our DS will be 13 at the cruise and we've been worried there won't be any kids his age since a lot of kids will still be in school!!

grumpy-gramps
10-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi, All!

:wave2: Hi 1971visitor,

:welcome: glad to have you aboard with us. I'm sure were all going to have a great time.

:welcome: again from grumpy-gramps and not so grumpy grammy
(John & Barb)

JDBlair
10-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Just doing some bumping!! ;)

Octoberbride03
10-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey everybody :wave2:

Will be booking this cruise this weekend. It'll be me and my Dh Richard for our very first cruise. :bounce: :cheer2: I'm so excited. Y'all look like a fun group.

Maureen

PS. where can i get a good counter? TY

JDBlair
10-27-2006, 07:02 PM

Will be booking this cruise this weekend. It'll be me and my Dh Richard for our very first cruise. :bounce: :cheer2: I'm so excited. Y'all look like a fun group.

Maureen

Welcome Maureen! So excited you can join us!! I got mine at tickerfactory.com!

grumpy-gramps
10-28-2006, 10:28 AM

Maureen

:wave2: Hi,
First off Happy :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: Anniversary, you did say that you got married 10/03/03.

:welcome: glad to have you aboard, I'm sure we will :rockband: party: and have a few :drinking1 when we get on the :boat: see you at the :sail: (sail) away party:

grumpy-gramps and not so grumpy-grammy
(John and Barb)

JDBlair
10-28-2006, 12:16 PM
First off Happy :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: Anniversary, you did say that you got married 10/03/03.

:welcome: glad to have you aboard, I'm sure we will :rockband: party: and have a few :drinking1 when we get on the :boat: see you at the :sail: (sail) away party:

grumpy-gramps and not so grumpy-grammy
(John and Barb)

I keep reading TR's and about Sail Aways! Certainly can't wait to be onboard and getting the party started with a Bahama Mama!!! :Pinkbounc

JayS
10-28-2006, 05:48 PM

Maureen

:welcome: Maureen & Richard!!

I got my counters at http://www.v50.net

Shannon1984
10-28-2006, 07:27 PM
:welcome: Maureen and Richard :cheer2:

Octoberbride03
10-28-2006, 11:24 PM
TY for the nice welcomeeverybody. I think we'll have a great time on this cruise.

I keep reading TR's and about Sail Aways!

The TR's are good, but what really gets me excited is the Cruise confessions thread. I was laughing so hard the other night. And I'm only on page 6 of the thread.

And ty grumpy-gramps for the anniversary wishes. I actually forgot i had the date in my sig cause i've been too busy to visit the boards for a long while.

Can't wait to meet y'all

ragdoll
10-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Welcome Maureen and Richard!

We are now down to just eleven months! I cannot believe how fast this month went.

Take care all,
Donna

grumpy-gramps
10-30-2006, 06:42 PM

HAPPY HAPPY DAY! :yay: :yay: ! :banana: :banana: pixiedust: pixiedust: :dancer: party: :rockband: :jumping1: !
I GOT MY EARS :earsboy: TODAY!

:cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cool1: :yay: :yay: :yay:
I'm getting to be a regular gossip. :thanks:

Octoberbride03
10-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Now all you need is a tag grumpy-gramps :cool1: :cheer2:

BTW its all official. My deposit for the cruise is officially in and i will get a cruise package later this week complete with dvd. :cheer2: :banana:

Yippie. And sometime this week i'll get myself a trip counter.

JDBlair
11-01-2006, 07:17 PM

HAPPY HAPPY DAY! :yay: :yay: ! :banana: :banana: pixiedust: pixiedust: :dancer: party: :rockband: :jumping1: !
I GOT MY EARS :earsboy: TODAY!

:cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cool1: :yay: :yay: :yay:
I'm getting to be a regular gossip. :thanks:

Congratulations on the Ears!! :cheer2: That's always an exciting day. When I got mine, I told my co-workers but they looked at me like I was crazy! :rotfl:

I need a Tag, too! But I'm not about to go begging for one!!!

grumpy-gramps
11-02-2006, 06:33 AM
Congratulations on the Ears!! :cheer2: That's always an exciting day. When I got mine, I told my co-workers but they looked at me like I was crazy! :rotfl:

I need a Tag, too! But I'm not about to go begging for one!!!

:wave2: :earsboy: Hi,
Tag, smag, I got my ears. :banana: :Pinkbounc :yay:
M I C, K E Y, MOUSE

have a nice day and thank you,
gg

JDBlair
11-02-2006, 05:47 PM
:wave2: :earsboy: Hi,
Tag, smag, I got my ears. :banana: :Pinkbounc :yay:
M I C, K E Y, MOUSE

have a nice day and thank you,
gg

:wizard: I like that your counter gives the days until our cruise. 330 days is a good number. Can't wait to go!

grumpy-gramps
11-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Bump!

JDBlair
11-06-2006, 05:39 PM
We're 4 days closer to our cruise than the last time I posted. In other exciting news - we have to go to Pasadena next May for a wedding. The Thursday before the wedding, the wedding party is going to Disneyland. Husband is an usher so that makes us part of the wedding party! Going to Disneyland without the kids!!! :cool1: I will get to ride Pirates! pirate: (They closed it in March, right before our week long visit to refurbish - I was ticked!!!) :love: I'm so excited!! Disneyland 4 months before the cruise! I'll be rearing to go! :teeth:

SueRS
11-07-2006, 11:43 AM
JD, May should be nice here. Enjoy the day. Hard to get to DLR without the kids.

JDBlair
11-07-2006, 04:28 PM
JD, May should be nice here. Enjoy the day. Hard to get to DLR without the kids.
We were at DL in March and it was chilly. So, maybe it won't be as chilly in May? But being from Phoenix, we freeze any time we leave the area.

This will be my first visit to DL without kids since I've had them! Not that I don't love my kids and want to have fun with them but this will be really nice for DH and I! After all, we never did have a honeymoon!

grumpy-gramps
11-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Sorry I keep forgetting to logout, I will try to do better..
Have a nice weekend,
gg

grumpy-gramps
11-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Deweysgirl here is draft number 2 of what your DIS door sign is turning into, where the lines are your should place ribbon (color of your choice). So far their will be 4 of us with this type of sign; grumpy-gramps
Deweysgirl (you)
Deweysgirl's parents
JDBlair
Remember this is what I'm doing you can add whatever you wish, also anyone who would like one made for their door just let me know.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/th_jpegdewey.jpg (http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/jpegdewey.jpg)

double click on the image it should get bigger, if not I will email it to you.
have a nice day,
gg

grumpy-gramps
11-10-2006, 09:51 PM
:wave2: Hi JDBlair,
Here is your 1st draft once you know what your cabin number is pm/e-mail me and I will add it than send you jpeg copy via e-mail.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/th_JDBlair-all-j.jpg (http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/JDBlair-all-j.jpg)

I have ten months, just think what Michael Angelo could do with 10 months.
Green Mickey Door Heads are becoming art...dbl click it should oper larger.
have a nice weekend,
gg

TNMomof3
11-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Hello there, guys! :wave2: I've been reading your nice little thread here for a couple of weeks, hoping we were going to be booking this same cruise date. Well... WE DID IT!!! Just booked two cabins today for our family of 5. :cool1:

It'll be myself (42 come cruise time), DH (42), DS (13), DD (11), and DD (5 - almost 6).

DH and I have only cruised once - with Carnival. Although we are frequent visitors to WDW, and I even managed to get out to DL this year for the 1/2 Marathon, this will be the first DCL cruise for our family. I'm so very excited and looking forward to all the research, planning, and getting to know our fellow cruisers better while we wait. :teeth:

kimmcbee
11-11-2006, 09:05 AM
I love the door signs!!!! Let me know what we need to do to get one also!.. We had so much fun with door signs this year, cant wait to get more for next year.

Hope everyone is doing well, we are off to shop, starting to getr ready for thanksgiving at our house.

Talk to you all later
Kim

JDBlair
11-11-2006, 10:25 AM
:wave2: Hi JDBlair,
Here is your 1st draft once you know what your cabin number is pm/e-mail me and I will add it than send you jpeg copy via e-mail.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/th_JDBlair-all-j.jpg (http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/JDBlair-all-j.jpg)

I have ten months, just think what Michael Angelo could do with 10 months.
Green Mickey Door Heads are becoming art...dbl click it should oper larger.
have a nice weekend,
gg

I love it! It's beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

JDBlair
11-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Hello there, guys! :wave2: I've been reading your nice little thread here for a couple of weeks, hoping we were going to be booking this same cruise date. Well... WE DID IT!!! Just booked two cabins today for our family of 5. :cool1:

It'll be myself (42 come cruise time), DH (42), DS (13), DD (11), and DD (5 - almost 6).

DH and I have only cruised once - with Carnival. Although we are frequent visitors to WDW, and I even managed to get out to DL this year for the 1/2 Marathon, this will be the first DCL cruise for our family. I'm so very excited and looking forward to all the research, planning, and getting to know our fellow cruisers better while we wait. :teeth:

:wave2: Yay!! Your DS is 13 and my DS will be 13 by the time we cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc

Welcome to our group!! :wave: We love to have new people join and book our date!

Octoberbride03
11-11-2006, 07:02 PM

TNMomof3 We're gonna have a great time on the cruise. Welcome aboard. See you at the sailaway party: :drinking1

kimmcbee
11-11-2006, 07:03 PM
our DS will be 13 the week after the cruise!!! Sounds like they will have a great time. When we went this year we never saw him till the clubs closed and he was gone by breakfast.

grumpy-gramps
11-11-2006, 07:14 PM
I love the door signs!!!! Let me know what we need to do to get one also!.. We had so much fun with door signs this year, cant wait to get more for next year.

Hope everyone is doing well, we are off to shop, starting to getr ready for thanksgiving at our house.

Talk to you all later
Kim

First I/we just want to say :welcome: and glad you decided to sail with all of us next September.
As far as the door sign goes, just send me pm/e-mail with the names of your group who wil be on the cruise if you have two rooms I will make two green Mickey heads, one for each door. Don't forget the Cabin numbers.

have a nice weekend,
gg

grumpy-gramps
11-11-2006, 07:27 PM

TNMomof3 We're gonna have a great time on the cruise. Welcome aboard. See you at the sailaway party: :drinking1
Just PM'ed you no problem with the door sign at least we will know what group has the green mickey head signs. By the way when printed the top (big) one will take up a whole 8x10 magnetic sheet and only two small ones per 8x10 sheet. They look much nicer if you cut them out (trim excess magnet sheet from green head).

REMEMBER! anyone wanting a green Michey head door sign just let me know.

have a nice weekend also,
gg

TNMomof3
11-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, guys! :goodvibes

kimmcbee, it's great to hear that your DS had so much fun on the previous cruise. I imagine the added freedom they have on the ship makes them feel really grown up and to enjoy the experience even more. My DS is 12 now, but will be 13 1/2 by cruise time.

grumpy-gramps, your signs are great! :thumbsup2 I've heard about doing magnetic door signs, but hadn't seen pictures before. Very cool!

I have to admit to thinking way ahead about some of this stuff. JCPenney has some beautiful black cocktail dresses out now -quite a variety too. All I could think was, 'oh, this one would be pretty for formal night, no, this one would be better'. :teeth: I think I need to set a cruise budget now. :rotfl:

grumpy-gramps
11-11-2006, 08:07 PM

So sorry, so sorry, :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: my clicking finger needs to be re tooned. Glad you coming with us, the more we have the better the party: :rockband: party: it should be great weather and a great trip.
Just pm/e-mail names and cabin numbers and you'll get a sign too.
have a nice weekend and welcome,
gg

Shannon1984
11-12-2006, 08:05 AM
:welcome: TNmomof3 and family. Glad to see so many people booking this cruise. I have never done a door sign yet but now they are looking like fun. I love what you are doing Grumpy-Gramps! :thumbsup2 Thanks. :banana:
I will be PMing you later on too.

grumpy-gramps
11-12-2006, 06:26 PM
:welcome: TNmomof3 and family. Glad to see so many people booking this cruise. I have never done a door sign yet but now they are looking like fun. I love what you are doing Grumpy-Gramps! :thumbsup2 Thanks. :banana:
I will be PMing you later on too.

No problem, we have plenty of time, Glad to do it for you.

have a nice evening,
gg &nsg gram

JayS
11-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Here is the updated list...Post (or PM) any updates/additions/changes and we will keep this list updated! :smooth:

SueRS (Sue): w/DH (JayS), DS9 (Abraham), DD6 (Rebecca), ParentInLaws (Linda & Joe), DB (Steven), DSIL (Roseanna), DN8 (Sarah), Aunt (Marcia)
deweysgirl (Liz): w/DH (Dewey), DD11, DD8, Parents (Austin & BettySue)
kimmcbee (Kim): w/DH (Walter), DS12 (Kyle), DS9 (Hunter), DS5 (Michael), DFIL (Walter)
Octoberbride03 (Maureen): w/DH (Richard)
Over 65 people by my count now... :cool1:

Is anyone else doing Land & Sea? We will be at WDW for a week before we sail.......

kimmcbee
11-12-2006, 07:50 PM
TNMOMOF3,

Where in Nashville are you from. We live in Smyrna. Our DS will be 13 the week after we cruise, we may need to get the boys together before we leave, so they will already know eachother before we leave. Sorry no Girls just two other boys, 9&5

Cant wait to meet you all on the boat. Hope you all had a great weekend.
Kim

prestonsmomma
11-13-2006, 08:11 AM
We may be doing our own land/sea package especially if free dining is offered. Not sure on that one yet but we would love to add a few days prior to the cruise.

TNMomof3
11-13-2006, 11:12 AM
TNMOMOF3,

Where in Nashville are you from. We live in Smyrna. Our DS will be 13 the week after we cruise, we may need to get the boys together before we leave, so they will already know eachother before we leave. Sorry no Girls just two other boys, 9&5

Cant wait to meet you all on the boat. Hope you all had a great weekend.
Kim

Hi Kim! :wave2: Our mailing address is Lebanon, but we're in the Gladeville area. Just a short drive down 840 to Smyrna. :) My SIL lives there and one of my best online Disney buddies. We actually knew each other well for months before we met in person, and now we've even gone on trips to the World together. :) It's exciting that we'll have "neighbors" on the cruise.

JayS, thanks for that list! It's amazing that there are already that many folks who post here signed up. :yay:

JayS
11-13-2006, 01:30 PM
We may be doing our own land/sea package especially if free dining is offered. Not sure on that one yet but we would love to add a few days prior to the cruise.

I sure hope we can get free dining! Our group is 3 families (my parents, my brother and us) and free dining would sure cut out dividing the check every meal! Not to mention enough Dessert to make cruise food look skimpy!

kimmcbee
11-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Alicia,

We know exactly where Gladville is. We drive past on 840 everyweekend going to my parents. They live off 109 almost to Gallatin. We have been in the Mt Juliet area for a long time. I graduated from MtJuliet a lot of years ago :)

Maybe as it gets closer we can get the boys talking.

Husband is wanting to do Disney campground the week of the cruise and rebook for 08, but I am working hard to keep it the way it is. Cruising is much more fun then camping for the week.

Hope everyone has a great week
Kim

1971visitor
11-13-2006, 06:53 PM
TNmomof3,

I see you're actually in the Glade...We live in Norene.....I think we might know each other. :wave2: I'm sending you a PM.

Jamie

TNMomof3
11-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Gosh, it really is a small world!

Kim, you get off at the 109 exit to go to our house. :) We love Disney in October. That is when we normally take our family vacation due to Fall break. I'm not sure if you guys were thinking of the same time to cruise in '08, but one thing to possibly consider is that the Magic will most likely be in dry dock those first two weeks of October '08. I hope it all works out for you guys. Any Disney vacation is a good vacation! :earsboy:

And hiya, 1971Visitor aka Mrs. Jamie! :wave2: Yep, you know us. Small, small world. Jamie was my daughter's pre-school teacher, and went to school with my husband. I can't believe you guys are on the same cruise! :) I think all of Wilson county flocks to Orlando for Fall break now. :rotfl: This is really cool!

1971visitor
11-14-2006, 04:48 PM
There will be several more Wilson Countians on this cruise that I know of but they must still be lurking...... :rolleyes:

We had lots of people from Wilson County on the Oct. 7th Western last month. Most of them we knew about, but then there was a group of 5 couples from Mt. Juliet, too. It definitely is a small world after all.

This will be our 6th Disney Cruise in a row (each fall break). :cheer2:

TNMom - tell all 'hello' for me! :wave2:

Jamie (aka Mrs. Jamie :teacher: )

kimmcbee
11-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Dry dock in 2008 fall break!! That really stinks but even more of a reason to go in 07 that we have already booked!!!! I was looking forward to making it a fall break tradition. The boys go to school in Rutherford county, but we still have the same break as Wilson.

Talk to you all soon
Kim

Deweysgirl
11-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Deweysgirl here is draft number 2 of what your DIS door sign is turning into, where the lines are your should place ribbon (color of your choice). So far their will be 4 of us with this type of sign; grumpy-gramps
Deweysgirl (you)
Deweysgirl's parents
JDBlair
Remember this is what I'm doing you can add whatever you wish, also anyone who would like one made for their door just let me know.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/th_jpegdewey.jpg (http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/jpegdewey.jpg)

double click on the image it should get bigger, if not I will email it to you.
have a nice day,
gg

Hi grumpy-gramps! :wave: I love how the door sign turned out, it's just beautiful! Thank you so much, you definately have a talent for it, wish I could be so creative. Maybe someday :rolleyes: ....thank you again!

grumpy-gramps
11-19-2006, 06:52 PM
:wave2: All,
Just doing some :jumping1: and bumping so we can find outselves.
Hope all of you had a great weekend.
gg

prestonsmomma
11-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Hey whoever is keeping the list of cruisers, can you please update my family list. DH decided that he didn't want to be married any longer so it will just be me, DS, Grammy, and Dat (my parents). Thanks

TNMomof3
11-21-2006, 03:49 PM
prestonsmomma, :hug:

I'm sure you're going through a difficult time. Good for you carrying on with your scheduled vacation though. I'm sure you'll be very ready for it, and it'll be great to get away and be pampered on the cruise. ::yes::

Take care.

JayS
11-21-2006, 04:42 PM

Over 65 people by my count now... :cool1:

JDBlair
11-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Hey whoever is keeping the list of cruisers, can you please update my family list. DH decided that he didn't want to be married any longer so it will just be me, DS, Grammy, and Dat (my parents). Thanks

I'm sorry to hear about your news. Keep your chin up! :goodvibes

grumpy-gramps
11-23-2006, 07:37 AM
From our family to yours, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Now I have to go do some :stir: in the kitchen as I'm the cook (GG).

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/Thanks.jpg

JayS
11-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. We had 14 for dinner at our house (down from the original 17-19 we had planned for various reasons). Tomorrow we do it all again for about 35!!! This annual tradition started years ago as a "Bring your Leftovers" party but has become a big pot-luck where we cook a 2nd Turkey for the main course. This year we moved up the start time and have so many families coming we rented a bounce house!

On a separate note, we are down under 10 months until we leave for WDW, I only wish it would come quicker!

Octoberbride03
11-24-2006, 02:20 PM
:cheer2: :woohoo:

I have survived another Black Friday working at Target. Hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend and holiday. Now if we could just fast forward the next 9 months i'd be a very happy camper.

JDBlair
11-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. We had 14 for dinner at our house (down from the original 17-19 we had planned for various reasons). Tomorrow we do it all again for about 35!!! This annual tradition started years ago as a "Bring your Leftovers" party but has become a big pot-luck where we cook a 2nd Turkey for the main course. This year we moved up the start time and have so many families coming we rented a bounce house!

On a separate note, we are down under 10 months until we leave for WDW, I only wish it would come quicker!

Goodness, you have a packed house. But that sure sounds like a fun time!!!

JDBlair
11-25-2006, 10:18 AM
:cheer2: :woohoo:

I have survived another Black Friday working at Target. Hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend and holiday. Now if we could just fast forward the next 9 months i'd be a very happy camper.

I love Target!!! It is my most favorite store in the whole wide world. In fact, of the 3 purchases I made yesterday, 2 were at Target!!! :cool1:

Octoberbride03
11-25-2006, 11:19 AM
I love Target!!! It is my most favorite store in the whole wide world. In fact, of the 3 purchases I made yesterday, 2 were at Target!!!

Ty JD for buying at Target you have officially contributed to my cruise fund :rotfl:

I hope you're happy with what you got i know we had some great buys this weekend. The crowd in my store was HUGE. I have to back in at 3 today and close tonight.

Gotta question for y'all. At least for everybody who plans on being down the night b4 the cruise. How far in advance will you book your room? I was reading a thread yesterday about hotels and 1 person said they had already booked their room for their 10/07 cruise.

TY and enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend

JDBlair
11-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Ty JD for buying at Target you have officially contributed to my cruise fund :rotfl:

I hope you're happy with what you got i know we had some great buys this weekend. The crowd in my store was HUGE. I have to back in at 3 today and close tonight.

Gotta question for y'all. At least for everybody who plans on being down the night b4 the cruise. How far in advance will you book your room? I was reading a thread yesterday about hotels and 1 person said they had already booked their room for their 10/07 cruise.

TY and enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend

I do my grocery and household shopping at Target every single week. There really isn't any other store I go to any more. Target has it all!!! I am a passionate anti-Wal Mart person! I really didn't go in search of anything specific yesterday. I got my DS 2 of the Simpson's seasons that were on sale. He loves the Simpsons and $16 for a season is a good deal. I got DD a couple of the board games that were on sale for $3.98. Other than that, I didn't buy much yesterday, at all! I was hoping I would get ideas on what to get DH for Christmas. :confused3

I was planning to get my room for the night before the cruise a couple of months before the cruise on Priceline. I was really going to wait until we book our plane tickets to book the room! :hourglass

TNMomof3
11-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Wow, that sounds like a great Thanksgiving party! :) I hope you all had a good one.

I probably got 2 1/2 hrs. sleep before I headed out for my Black Friday shopping. I was worn out and had to come home and take a nap and go to bed early. :faint: I got some good bargains though. :thumbsup2

The cruise seems so far away. Hearing that it is less than 10 months away really helps though. I'll be going to WDW at least 2x before then, so I'll at least get a dose to hold me over. :goodvibes

I hadn't yet thought about where we'd stay the night before. I do for sure want to get down there on Friday though. Any recommendations from you experienced DCL cruisers?

1971visitor
11-25-2006, 08:00 PM
We (in the past) have gotten to the Port a couple or more days ahead of time and have stayed at Ron Jon Resort because it has so much for the kids to do and it is right by where the ships go out to sea.

We have also stayed at the Radisson, the DoubleTree (farther down the beach), and at some condo place...

I don't know what we'll do this time. It's gonna be tough getting there after school on Friday. We may have to play hooky that day :rolleyes1 and head down on Thursday.... don't know if we'll fly or drive yet.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving weekend!

Jamie

kimmcbee
11-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. Ours was pretty good lots of food and family. This was pur first without my DMIL, made it hard, but we all did well. No shopping at the stores for us, did most online and a lot of free shipping offered. that is the way to spend friday shopping. Back to work tomorrow. Talk to you allsoon
Kim

JayS
11-29-2006, 09:39 AM
:cheer2:10 Months and counting!!!:cheer2:

JDBlair
11-29-2006, 05:58 PM
10 months exactly!! That so totally rocks, dude!!! :thumbsup2

Deweysgirl
11-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Hello everyone! Haven't had a chance to post in awhile so I just wanted to say Hi! :wave: and hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, by the sounds of it, looks like we all did. :goodvibes

GG-Love your Pirate picture and outfits-really cute!

grumpy-gramps
12-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Hello everyone! Haven't had a chance to post in awhile so I just wanted to say Hi! :wave: and hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, by the sounds of it, looks like we all did. :goodvibes

GG-Love your Pirate picture and outfits-really cute!

:wave2: HI,
Thank you.
gg
Bump

JayS
12-05-2006, 09:08 PM
:cool1: Today :yay: we booked :cheer2: our plane :teleport: tickets ::yes:: for the :woohoo: trip! :banana:

Is it time to go yet? Are we there? Huh? Huh? Are we?

TNMomof3
12-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Woohoo! That's always a milestone, JayS. :cool1:

I'm hoping to get an extension on some ticketless travel dollars I have on SWA. That would at least pay for all 5 of us one way. I know it's my money, but it still feels like a bargain. :rotfl:

Everyone have a great weekend! I'm packing my bags for a long weekend trip with the girlfriends to Mousefest. Lots, and lots of laughter and fun with fellow Disney nuts! :mickeyjum

JDBlair
12-06-2006, 05:55 PM
:cool1: Today :yay: we booked :cheer2: our plane :teleport: tickets ::yes:: for the :woohoo: trip! :banana:

Is it time to go yet? Are we there? Huh? Huh? Are we?

Who did you book with? Did you get an amazing deal??

SueRS
12-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Who did you book with? Did you get an amazing deal??

We book on United, and we got the time we wanted. I think it was a good deal too.

kimmcbee
12-09-2006, 04:47 PM
bumping us up to page one
have a great weekend

JDBlair
12-09-2006, 05:01 PM
My parents are giving us tickets to Disneyland for Christmas. We're going for one day on December 27th. There's nothing like a trip to Disneyland 9 months before our cruise. :love:

JayS
12-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Just thought I'd toss this out there...

Disney Scrip is now available and it is usable on board the ship...this from the Scrip vendor:
Designed for maximum flexibility, the Disney Gift Card can be utilized for most everything Disney! Whether it be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation experience at the Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort in Florida or the DisneylandŽ Resort in California, the Disney Gift Card can be used to purchase complete vacation packages or select elements, including hotel stays, theme park admission, recreation, tours, merchandise and dining.

Set sail with Disney Cruise LineŽ and use the Disney Gift Card for vacation packages and for payment toward on-board charges.

The Disney Gift Card can also be used for purchases at over 300 Disney Store locations in the U.S. and online at DisneyShopping.com.
SOOooo, if you belong to an organization (or have family/friends) that uses Scrip as a fundraiser, then keep this in mind!

PS. Bump.

SueRS
12-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Wow the last post was 12/13. I guess everyone is busy with the holidays.

Well, HAPPY HOLIDAYS :dance3:

PS bump. :thumbsup2

JDBlair
12-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Merry Christmas, everyone!! Getting ready to go to California for a visit with the family. Then on Wednesday, the 27th, we are making a visit to the Mouse!!! Looking forward to riding Pirates with the new "additions"! Just may have to watch the Pirate movie tonight! Yo ho! pirate:

prestonsmomma
12-22-2006, 08:43 AM
Just back from The World myself. We had a great trip. Now it's time for Christmas DS's birthday then we buckle down and start saving for the cruise.

Have a safe and wonderful Christmas everyone!!!!

Octoberbride03
12-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Happy Chanukkah, and Happy New year everybody.

Can't wait tilll the rush is over at my store. 12 more week and i can relax. Hope everybody has a great holiday.

kimmcbee
12-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone. Watching the Disney christmas parade on tv now it is great. Have a great day everyone.
Kim

ragdoll
12-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Merry Christmas to all! It was such fun watching the Disney Christmas Parade this morning. Makes me want to go to WDW right now. Sure am glad that DH and I are going in May.

Have a great day everyone!

Donna

ibela
12-28-2006, 01:34 PM
This is my first Disney cruise and I will be going with DH and my DD who will be 17 months at the time. It'll be her first vacation. I'm super excited, glad to see others are too! :banana:

ibela
12-28-2006, 01:40 PM
This is my first Disney cruise and I will be going with DH and my DD who will be 17 months at the time. It'll be her first vacation. I'm super excited, glad to see others are too!

JayS
12-28-2006, 08:49 PM
This is my first Disney cruise and I will be going with DH and my DD who will be 17 months at the time. It'll be her first vacation. I'm super excited, glad to see others are too!

Here's the updated list!

ibela: w/DH, DD1
a Lawman: w/DW
vpalmer (Veronica): w/DH, DD4About 75 :teacher: people by my count now... :banana:

Shannon1984
12-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Wow, time is flying by. I hope everyone had Happy Holidays and everyone has a great New Year.

JDBlair
12-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Happy New Year, everyone! We just returned from our Christmas vacation to S. CA and visited Disneyland for a day. Definitely got us a little more excited for the cruise. Looking forward to the Disney way but without the craziness of a theme park :headache: ! Now it's time to get very serious about saving money and getting fit and trim for the cruise!!! :yay:

a_Lawman
01-01-2007, 12:30 PM
hmm, well at long last I have found you. wasnt sure if anyone had started a check in thread yet, but then I found it. My wife and I are disney cruise veterans and looking forward to this one as if it were our first. so we are checking in with you good people here. I hope everyone had a Joyous Christmas and a Happy and healthy new year.

a_Lawman
01-01-2007, 04:56 PM
how many of us are new to cruising ?

JayS
01-01-2007, 05:58 PM
hmm, well at long last I have found you. wasnt sure if anyone had started a check in thread yet, but then I found it. My wife and I are disney cruise veterans and looking forward to this one as if it were our first. so we are checking in with you good people here. I hope everyone had a Joyous Christmas and a Happy and healthy new year.

For me and my wife, this will be our first Disney Cruise, however we have cruised 2 times on Princess previously, it will be a first for our DS and DD. My Parents have cruised many times :worship: including at least 1 on Disney. For my brother and family, this will be their first.

JDBlair
01-01-2007, 07:46 PM

This will be our 2nd cruise for DH and I. It will be the 1st cruise for the children. It will be the 1st Disney cruise for all of us. My DH and I took a 3 day cruise on Royal out of Long Beach. We're looking forward to this!

Shannon1984
01-02-2007, 08:31 AM

This will be my 4th cruise, my 4yr olds 2nd cruise, and my 2yr olds 1st, all have been with Disney. I can't even count how many Disney cruises my mom and dad have been on :confused3 I'm excited to go with the whole family this time. :banana:

Octoberbride03
01-02-2007, 06:13 PM

My Dh and I are new to cruising. This will be our first cruise on any line. We are very excited. Time to start getting in shape for the bathing suit:scared1:

ibela and Lawman

We're all gonna have a great time.

Deweysgirl
01-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Welcome Aboard Newcomers!

Happy New Year to all! The cruise seems more like a reality now that it is 2007-we are very excited as well. This will be our 4th cruise. We have sailed on a 3 night Carnival once, then the 4 night Wonder, then the 7 night Western on the Magic and this is our first Eastern.

We too are just back from spending New Year's at WDW. Never again! The crowds were completely berserk! Fastpasses were all gone by noon and standby wait times up to 240 minutes! The line for the new Nemo ride was all the way down to The Land! A 4 hour wait for a 1 minute ride, INSANE!!

I am also looking forward to doing the cruise Disney style but without the theme park madness as Jac said.

Take care everyone!
Liz

JDBlair
01-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Welcome Aboard Newcomers!

Happy New Year to all! The cruise seems more like a reality now that it is 2007-we are very excited as well. This will be our 4th cruise. We have sailed on a 3 night Carnival once, then the 4 night Wonder, then the 7 night Western on the Magic and this is our first Eastern.

We too are just back from spending New Year's at WDW. Never again! The crowds were completely berserk! Fastpasses were all gone by noon and standby wait times up to 240 minutes! The line for the new Nemo ride was all the way down to The Land! A 4 hour wait for a 1 minute ride, INSANE!!

I am also looking forward to doing the cruise Disney style but without the theme park madness as Jac said.

Take care everyone!
Liz

That sounds a million times worse than the experience we had at Disneyland on December 27th. The longest wait we had was 40 minutes. Although, we got Fastpasses for Space Mtn at 11 and it had us returning at 7. But we got there when the park opened and we walked right on to Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash had a 10 minute wait and DD and I walked on to the Pooh ride two times in a row. Not bad. :hippie:

JayS
01-04-2007, 12:35 AM
My son was on a camp field trip to Disneyland today and it was so busy they missed ALL of the 'Mountains'...he said he had a great time though!!!

9 months from to day (Wednesday): St. Thomas....

prestonsmomma
01-04-2007, 11:15 AM

My second, Preston's first, and My parents have lost count. :rotfl: Heck they did a four day Carnival while we went to Disney in December.

JDBlair
01-04-2007, 06:56 PM
My son was on a camp field trip to Disneyland today and it was so busy they missed ALL of the 'Mountains'...he said he had a great time though!!!

9 months from to day (Wednesday): St. Thomas....

That's a bummer!!! Missing the Mountains is tough when you're a kid, even we adults get a little testy when we miss the Mountains. That's the one nice thing I can say for our trip a week ago - son got to do all the big kid stuff with minimal wait! It's good to have these boards to know the tricks!!:wizard:

kimmcbee
01-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Bumping us up. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Cant wait to get on that boat and find nice weather!!!!!

JDBlair
01-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Bumping us up. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Cant wait to get on that boat and find nice weather!!!!!

I'm going to be in a wedding this spring and I told my husband with luck, the dress will be suitable for formal night on the cruise!! Whoo hoo! We're to the point we can start thinking cruise clothes!!
:cool1:

vpalmer
01-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone! We are going to be on this cruise and we are so excited to be sailing on the Magic for the second time. Our first cruise was the Western last September and you can link to our trip report in my Signature for pictures of us and details about our first cruise. Anyway, I hope to get to know everyone on this thread better before our cruise.

Is anybody going to WDW before the cruise? Last time we went after and are switching to before this time around. Tentatively we are looking at 3 nights somewhere on property although we have not decided where yet.

JayS
01-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Hi everyone! We are going to be on this cruise and we are so excited to be sailing on the Magic for the second time. Our first cruise was the Western last September and you can link to our trip report in my Signature for pictures of us and details about our first cruise.

I was reading you trip report :surfweb: and look forward to the rest of it! :confused3 Definately going to make some notes for our trip from that, thanks!

Is anybody going to WDW before the cruise? Last time we went after and are switching to before this time around. Tentatively we are looking at 3 nights somewhere on property although we have not decided where yet.
We are going to be at the Beach Club for a week :banana: prior to the cruise. We have been doing a LOT of planning and stuff this week and this whole trip is distracting from work. :rolleyes1 (Oh darn...)

vpalmer
01-11-2007, 11:52 AM
I was reading you trip report :surfweb: and look forward to the rest of it! :confused3 Definately going to make some notes for our trip from that, thanks!

We are going to be at the Beach Club for a week :banana: prior to the cruise. We have been doing a LOT of planning and stuff this week and this whole trip is distracting from work. :rolleyes1 (Oh darn...)

Hi Jay!

I just added the last installment of our cruise to the trip report. I have been doing a lot of planning this week as well. I think I have our park days mapped out already. :woohoo: I am excited to be on the magic once again.

JDBlair
01-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone! We are going to be on this cruise and we are so excited to be sailing on the Magic for the second time. Our first cruise was the Western last September and you can link to our trip report in my Signature for pictures of us and details about our first cruise. Anyway, I hope to get to know everyone on this thread better before our cruise.

Welcome, welcome, welcome. We are not going to do WDW. :sad2: Just the cruise. It's funny. Normally, our year is uneventful and boring. This year, we have so much going on that by the time September rolls around, we're going to NEED this cruise to catch up on rest!!

So, who is devoted to their diet and exercise anticipating being in a bathing suit for 7 days?? :scared:

SueRS
01-12-2007, 12:23 PM
So, who is devoted to their diet and exercise anticipating being in a bathing suit for 7 days?? :scared:

I need to be. I will be joining Weight Watchers at work this month. And I will get back to the gym (I will, I will).:yay:

JDBlair
01-12-2007, 05:47 PM
I need to be. I will be joining Weight Watchers at work this month. And I will get back to the gym (I will, I will).:yay:

I'm kind of following Weight Watchers. I"m not a member but I have friends who are so they tell me stuff and I have that card to measure points. I also am doing Pilates for Dummies in the privacy of my bedroom!! :lmao: