PDA

View Full Version : *roll Call * Nov.11, 07 Wonder

Pages : [1] 2

SCCRUZZER
02-27-2006, 10:45 AM
IN KNOW THIS IS WAY TOO EARLY BUT........."WONDER" ING WHO ELSE WILL BE THERE? WE ARE A FAMILY OF 3 - MYSELF, DH, AND 7 YO DD.
LOVE TO HEAR FROM YA'LL. :Pinkbounc

penel3
09-24-2006, 10:55 AM
It's never too early to plan Disney!! We, too, are going 11/11/07, My DH and DS who'll be 7 then, also with my parents in-laws (whom I love) and my sister-in-law and her husband and kids. Family gathering of sorts. I don't know how many are truly booked, since we just called last week and all of us were able to book Category 3, which I am hearing is very hard to get.
I have been Disboard surfing ever since!!! :banana: :cheer2: pirate:

mymichala
11-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Hi,
we will joining you on the cruise. we just returned from the magic double dip. a fabulous trip. my girls will be 4 and 8 next year. lets keep in touch.

Jodi :wizard:

butterflykisses
12-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi,
we are thinking about booking this cruise! We sailed the Wonder on Nov 26th of this year, and we LOVED IT!!
It will be Me, DH, and DD (almost 6)

toxiktoast
06-01-2007, 06:02 PM
DH2B and I will be getting married on this cruise!
There will also be 16 members of our families on board.

Everyone please cross your fingers for good weather! :beach:

jockey
06-04-2007, 04:31 PM
DH2B and I will be getting married on this cruise!
There will also be 16 members of our families on board.

Everyone please cross your fingers for good weather! :beach:

Wow, that is so romantic! I too am I Disney bride we got married at the pavilion in December 2000. Fingers crossed for good weather :)

We are on this cruise it's our first time sailing with DCL and we are really excited. There will be me, DH and DS who will be 26 months!

jayally
06-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Here is another wonder Nov 11th thread started, it keeps getting lost on the last page so we keep bumping it up. There must be more DISers going on this trip! :cheer2: Especially since it is now a special Pirates of Castaway cay pin trading cruise. I just signed up for 1 person at $45 to take advantage of the gifts and activities. DCL confirmed it does not have to be everyone on the reservation since I am traveling with 2 kids and we don't need extras.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1221089

whnim64
06-16-2007, 09:13 AM
bumping up

buffpuff73
06-23-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm so excited! This will be our 1st Disney Cruise, actually our 1st cruise ever! We're going to be on the Nov. 11th - 15th Disney Wonder. My hubby, son (6), daughter (8) and myself will be traveling...did I mention how excited I am? :cool1: :banana:

Please feel free to contact me if you and your family are too going to be on this cruise. We'd love to know that there are people waiting for us and us waiting for them.

~Michele

jayally
06-23-2007, 10:16 PM
welcome! The more the merrier. We need to plan a get together on the ship for all the DISers!:woohoo:

My name is Michelle too.

ArmandXG
06-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey Buffpuff, Do I know you?? Glad to see you here! Now the excitement really begins:goodvibes This is where you get all the good info and start the countdowns for passports, travel docs (gotta do the doc dance when they come in) and the actual cruise day.
Just lurking, not cruising with you all:sad1: but already planning my 2008 cruise. :banana:

ArmandXG
06-25-2007, 08:30 PM
just helping with a bump up!

ArmandXG
06-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Bumping up!
Where is everyone???

ArmandXG
07-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Come on people, where's the excitement. :cool1: These few months are going to fly by! Lets talk excursions:boat:, Castaway Cay:beach:, something!!!
I'm not even going on the cruise and I think I'm more excited than you are (I don't know why, I just am!):lmao:
This thread was found on page 3, just helping with a bump up :goodvibes

whnim64
07-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Bump! We're going to try for the dolphin encounter in Nassau for the 5 of us 'girls'. Also will do the stingray adventure on CC. I did this last time, and it was very fun. I might try parasailing, too. Still undecided on this one. Also want to book massage at the spa if $$ will allow. Bought our plane tickets a couple of days ago, and made hotel ressies for the night before our Nov. 10th flight and staying at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral the night before the cruise... Still trying to decide on transportation, whether it be towncar from/to airport or renting a car.

jayally
07-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Does anyone want to schedule a DIS meet on the ship and maybe exchange little trinkets that represent who we are or where we are from? I am not sure how to go about doing that. :confused3 Should we have a list with who is going with names and ages and what cabin number? Is anyone interested in that? I have read about other DIS meets and how much fun it sounded like. We have 2 threads and somehow need to combine them into one or start a new one or just choose one to post to.

ArmandXG
07-04-2007, 10:53 PM
We did the Halloween cruise last year and we did several things as a group. Someone had t-shirts made that we could order, we also had wrist bands (bright green) that you could spot easily. We had alot of fun searching for our green bands in the terminal. It helped us introduce ourselves and put faces to the names:goodvibes
We also had a quick DIS meet in the Promenade Lounge for photos and a meet and greet for those we missed in the terminal.
We had our own trick or treat for the kids (which they loved) and a game of door tag. Unfortunately, someone "borrowed" our tag in mid game, but the idea was great! I'll be glad to explain the rules if anyone is interrested.
DH and I were celebrating our 16th anniversary and prefered to be alone, but we were never lonely because we ran into so many of our DIS friends at parties, on excursions, etc. It was nice to know that as first time cruisers, we had "friends" waiting for us!:love:

ArmandXG
07-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Bumping you up for the weekend!:goodvibes

whnim64
07-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Bump again. Where is everyone?

bradk
07-09-2007, 07:52 PM
i hate to disappoint you all, but i shall be making my cruise debut here.

not into pins (i have a few but mostly from tours) but got suckered into the event due to the information i found here: http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/pincruise2007.html

jayally
07-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Welcome BradK! The more the merrier! :cheer2: I had already booked this trip when I read about the pin cruise. I signed up 1 person so we can at least particiapte in some of the extra activities.

jayally
07-09-2007, 08:43 PM
BradK- when is your birthday? My 2 kids and I are celebrating all our b-days on this trip. Son will be 14 on Oct 25, Me ?? ;) on Nov 5 and Daughter 11 on dec 19.

bradk
07-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Nov 15 actually.. the day it all ends (sniff)

whnim64
07-12-2007, 11:34 AM
I must admit those pins do look great. I'm not into pin trading at all, but DS12 has a couple. That would be a great gift to bring home to him. DD and friend will be celebrating their 30th (5-27 and 9-14) and other DD will be celebrating her 27th (11-8).

krystyneb
07-13-2007, 06:46 AM
Hi

This is my first ever post, finally plucked up the courage. Anyway, my 15 year old daughter and myself will be on this cruise (leaving the hubby and 2 sons behind) and would love to meet anyone and everyone. We are all the way from Perth Australia and are counting the weeks, days and minutes until we leave.

jayally
07-13-2007, 12:02 PM
welcome krystyneb! Australia is a long way to come and I am sure you will both have a wonderful time. I did a trip in 2003 with just my 9yr old son at the time and we had a good time. I feel this thread is so special since you used it to post your VERY first posting! :cool1:

whnim64
07-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Hi

This is my first ever post, finally plucked up the courage. Anyway, my 15 year old daughter and myself will be on this cruise (leaving the hubby and 2 sons behind) and would love to meet anyone and everyone. We are all the way from Perth Australia and are counting the weeks, days and minutes until we leave.

Welcome! This is our mother/daughter/girlfriends cruise, too. Can't wait to meet you all. Youngest DD26 has just had to have a hysterectomy and is now doing chemo for ovarian cancer. We keep talking about the cruise to help cheer her up. Last night on the phone we discussed what we were going to pack. We had this planned before we found out about all of our health problems, so it will be a welcome get-away. We can't wait to be pampered!

krystyneb
07-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks for such a warm welcome. You're right jayally it is a long way to come and very expensive from Australia, for the 2 of us it's costing $6000 just for the airfares to Orlando. Accommodation and the cruise is on top of that, but it is soooo worth it. I'm glad to hear you did the cruise just with your son, I'm not so worried about mine now. Was there plenty of things to do while he was in the kid's club?
Whnim 64, I am sorry to hear about your daughter. What a great time you all are going to have, I cannont think of anything more perfect than a DISNEY cruise to uplift someone. Being pampered is the way to go!

whnim64
07-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Krystyneb, I hope you're flying over from Australia for more than just a Disney cruise, even though it is so worth it! Do you have any other plans while in the U.S.? We still haven't seen as much of the U.S. that we want to. That's what happens when you get hooked on DCL for vacations. Our DS was 9 on our first cruise. DH and I had more alone time on that 7-day cruise than in the previous 9 years! DS was in the lab a lot, plus we let him have quite a bit of freedom , such as going up to the sports deck and arcade, without us. Of course his favorite spots were Pluto's dog house and Pinocchio's Pizzeria. He was 11 on our second cruise and didn't spend as much time in the lab, but had 'met' lots of kids his age through the DIS boards that he hung around with. If we wanted to find him, we just went to Ocean Quest :thumbsup2 . He still had the pager from the lab, too, so if he needed us for anything he could page. It surprised me that he said he'd like to go on another cruise, mainly so he could hang out in the teen club now that he can. I plan on booking onboard for summer 2009 when he'll be 14! We've done 2 Western cruises, so we want to do an Eastern next as a family.

ArmandXG
07-16-2007, 10:25 AM
My DH and I are wanting to take our 12 yr old Nephew on his first Dis Cruise but I doubt that his mother (my sis) would let me take him without her:crowded: . He keeps telling her he wants to go with us (because he has more fun with us... mom's reins are too tight) but she is insisting she goes, too.:sad2: Drat! I know I would have to have a letter from her allowing us to take him out of the country, but he looks just like me and we have the same last name (plus he calls me "Mom" and DH "Dad"... long story) so maybe no one will ask. If I were brave enough, I would consider it, but with my luck, I'd get caught "smuggling"pirate: him out of the country and end up in jail:scared: . I'm just better off "kidnapping" him to WDW instead. Sis would be upset:mad: , but not hysterical... a little more forgiving.
In the meantime, I have my DCL quote stuck to my wall next to the computer. It reminds me of how much I need to put down and how much a month I need to pay for our next cruise. Just counting down the days!!!:cool1:

Whnim64, Sorry to hear about your DD. Hope all goes well and she has a speedy recovery.
pixiedust: Here is a little magic sent your way:goodvibes

krystyneb
07-19-2007, 07:18 AM
No Whnim64 I'm not coming all that way just for the Disney Cruise. We have 8 nights in Orlando before the cruise and 3 after, then it's on to Las Vegas for 5 nights which we are very excited about because it's our first time. After Vegas we have just 1 night in Anaheim before returning home.

You son sure seems to have had a great time on his last 2 cruises. I hope my daughter enjoys hersef (she's quite shy) although she seems very keen to meet new friends in the teen club. What is Ocean Quest? Is it just for the younger guests or can adults go there as well?

I would also like to pamper myself on this cruise but will have to see how the budget fares after my orlando stay. The one thing that I would most like to try is the Rainforest area? in the spa. There wasn't a lot of information about it on the Disney Cruise website but the small amount there was sounded amazing and for a good price as well. Please let me know if you have tried it.

whnim64
07-19-2007, 10:39 AM
I always meant to try the Rainforest, but just never had the time. Ocean Quest is the video game area on the Magic. It is where they have the virtual bridge that the kids can 'dock' the ship and other computer-type activities, as opposed to the arcade where you have to pay for game cards. Not sure if the Wonder has an Ocean Quest area, yet. Not sure that we'll be visiting the spa on this trip. I've never been to Vegas. It's just not our idea of a vacation spot. Hope you have a great time in Orlando and Vegas!

No Whnim64 I'm not coming all that way just for the Disney Cruise. We have 8 nights in Orlando before the cruise and 3 after, then it's on to Las Vegas for 5 nights which we are very excited about because it's our first time. After Vegas we have just 1 night in Anaheim before returning home.

You son sure seems to have had a great time on his last 2 cruises. I hope my daughter enjoys hersef (she's quite shy) although she seems very keen to meet new friends in the teen club. What is Ocean Quest? Is it just for the younger guests or can adults go there as well?

I would also like to pamper myself on this cruise but will have to see how the budget fares after my orlando stay. The one thing that I would most like to try is the Rainforest area? in the spa. There wasn't a lot of information about it on the Disney Cruise website but the small amount there was sounded amazing and for a good price as well. Please let me know if you have tried it.

Miss Jasmine
07-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Hi all. DH and I are on this cruise along with DD (16 at the time), DS (14) and my MIL. This is my MIL's first cruise so I am excited for her. This is my and DH's fourth cruise, and the second DCL cruise for DD and DS. They have been on a few others with their mother (Yes I am a step-mom, but I HATE the word step so I don't use it when "talking" about DD and DS. ) I am signed up for the pin event. And I am trying to decide what pins I may want to bring on board to trade. I am shy so I normally don't particpate. It'll be interesting to see what I end up doing. :laughing:

tap & dap
07-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Hi we will be on this cruise as well.

Tom and Diana

n0007917
07-28-2007, 09:32 AM
My Husband, 10 yr old son and myself will be on this cruise as well. it is our very first cruise and I am thrilled that it is a Disney Cruise! Even though my son is 10 I am hoping he will "feel" the magic!
We are actually doing the land and sea but booked seperately. I really wanted the disney dining plan to save money at the parks. We are doing the land portion after the cruise, I really wanted to do the cruise last, but only the 3 day cruise fit in our schedule that way and I wanted the extra day at sea. Now that the everything is booked, I am getting REALLY excited!!

baskethead
08-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Just a quick note to say hi to everyone on this cruise. This will be our third cruise and it's me ,my wife and 8 and 10 year old sons. Just got a call today telling us that our wait list for a Cat 3 had come up. :banana: Looking forward to sailing soon!
Greg

n0007917
08-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Glad to hear there will be other young boys!I was hoping I wasnt the only one taking my kid out of school for a week!

jayally
08-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Welcome everyone!

:cool1:

I am taking my son out of school for 8 days. I didn't realize he started high school this year when I made intial deposit and bought non-refundable airfare in July 2005! MY daughter has year round school and we have ALWAYS vacationed in March and Nov when school was out as both kids were on the same schedule. I don't know how it will work but my son knows he will have to do his school work while on vacation. I am going to make sure the school knows he will be gone as early as possible so he will not get behind. I don't know how we will vacation in the future. The kids only have 3 weeks in the summer together and my ex gets them for part of them time. :sad2:

Taffygirl
08-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Hey, I can't believe that I finally found you all! DH, DD, and I just booked last month. I've been a poster on the cruise critic site with other cruises, but this is our first Disney cruise and I couldn't find a thread for the 11/11/07 cruise. I started one there, but no one added to it even tho there are threads on cc for other Disney cruise dates.

Anyway, I just found this one and you all. :banana: DH and I are in our early sixties. DD is in her 30s, and is taking her little boy who will be three by the time we sail. Those of you who are veteran Disney cruisers, can you tell me about what it is like cruisin' with a three year old? DH and I are veteran cruisers, mostly with Carnival. :) DD wanted to introduce her little guy to cruising, so we all thought a 4-day Disney cruise would be perfect.

We would be interested in a meet and greet if one is scheduled. It will be great to get to know everyone here on the thread and then meeting you all on board.

Thanks for being here.

CastawayJP
08-06-2007, 12:05 PM
We are on this cruise as well. My wife and I and our 2 daughters (8 and 9months at sailing), as well as my wifes parents. Dumb question... what are DH DD etc. Sorry for being a newbie!

jayally
08-06-2007, 12:16 PM
We are on this cruise as well. My wife and I and our 2 daughters (8 and 9months at sailing), as well as my wifes parents. Dumb question... what are DH DD etc. Sorry for being a newbie!

Welcome Taffygirl and CastawayJP! I would like to schedule a meet but I don't know quite how to begin. DD= dear daughter DS= Dear Son DH= dear husband DW- dear wife etc or insert your own meaning for the letter D. :rolleyes1

Taffygirl
08-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Welcome Taffygirl and CastawayJP! I would like to schedule a meet but I don't know quite how to begin. DD= dear daughter DS= Dear Son DH= dear husband DW- dear wife etc or insert your own meaning for the letter D. :rolleyes1

Jayally: thanks for the welcome!

On our last two cruises the folks we met posting on the threads just agreed to meet at a specific location on ship at a specific time the day we all boarded. It was not sponcered by the cruise line, but was just an hour or so to meet so that we would recognize each other on board and in the ports. For both of those cruises we met near a bar on the lido deck, but being that most everyone will have kids on this cruise, we could decide on a more appropriate location, if desired. Those of you who have sailed on this ship before can probably make some suggestions on location.

It was great meeting some of the folks that we had spend months chatting with on the threads, and on our last cruise (Carnival Freedom), we actually became very good friends with five other couples, none of whom knew each other beforehand. These folks came from all over--Texas, Arizona, Washington, DC, Toronto, Austraila, and us from Delaware. We bonded so well that all 12 of us have booked another cruise together for late August 2008, and 8 of this same group have booked yet another cruise for Feb. 2009.

BTW, I lol'd at your suggestion that people can substitute whatever they want for the D in DH, etc. Funny.

whnim64
08-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Welcome everyone. Do you realize that it's only 95 days until we cruise? Last time I looked we were still over 100, but now we're into double digits! Got my cruise paid off, so now I can start booking on Monday already. I don't think that we're going to do Palo. We would if it were a 7-night cruise, but this is my first 4-night cruise, and I know it will be way too short. What is everyone going to do in Nassau? We don't have any plans. We thought about the dolphin encounter, but I don't know about the 25 minute ferry ride there and back :sick: (seasick?).

CastawayJP
08-07-2007, 03:39 PM
I think we are going to do the Cat Snorkeling. We did the glass bottom boat tour when we were there last month, but we are ready to step it up! Is there a Palo Brunch on the 4 day? We haven't tried Palo yet, and we don't want to miss any of the restaurants by booking dinner reservations. We are really counting down the days!

kcminnie
08-07-2007, 05:58 PM
We are also on this cruise. It is myself, my DD who is 15, DM, cousin & her DD who is 10. I am also leaving my DH & 2 sons home this time. We are actually doing a B2B & will be on the 11/15 cruise also. I booked this before I knew it was a pin cruise. We are not collectors so I don't think we will do this. Has anyone here ever done the pin events before and have more info?

krystyneb
08-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Hi everyone

I would love it if we could organise a meet and greet, Australia is a long way to come and I want to meet you all before I come back.

I'm also not going to Palo as I will be by myself, DD is only 15 so she is unable to go.

We are also thinking of the Dolphin encounter at Nassau and the price doesn't seem too bad.

Does anyone have any information about the food on Castaway Cay? My DD is vegetarian and whilst there are plenty of options for her on the ship, there doen't seem to be anything on the island. Any help would be great.

We are also not pin collectors but I would like to hear more about what activities are available.

whnim64
08-08-2007, 11:44 AM
We could all meet on the starboard (right) side on deck 10 above the Goofy pool right after the lifeboat drill, just before the sail-away party. We would just need something to let each other know that we're part of the DIS group, maybe something like this on a name tag:

WONDER 11/11/07
DIS
whnim64 - Sandi

whnim64
08-08-2007, 11:55 AM
We're not going to any of the pin trading stuff. That's one expensive habit that I don't want to get started on. I might buy one for my DS, though if they're not all sold out. They did have some good ones. All in all, one would make a good souvenir, just not a whole set of them.

whnim64
08-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone

I would love it if we could organise a meet and greet, Australia is a long way to come and I want to meet you all before I come back.

I'm also not going to Palo as I will be by myself, DD is only 15 so she is unable to go.

We are also thinking of the Dolphin encounter at Nassau and the price doesn't seem too bad.

Does anyone have any information about the food on Castaway Cay? My DD is vegetarian and whilst there are plenty of options for her on the ship, there doen't seem to be anything on the island. Any help would be great.

We are also not pin collectors but I would like to hear more about what activities are available.

The buffet on Castaway Cay is very good. While there are lots of meat choices, I recall that they had a lots of fresh fruit and veggies, corn on the cob, baked beans, too, along with the ice cream machines! There is a thread that has some picture, too.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1496040

Miss Jasmine
08-08-2007, 12:18 PM
We are also on this cruise. It is myself, my DD who is 15, DM, cousin & her DD who is 10. I am also leaving my DH & 2 sons home this time. We are actually doing a B2B & will be on the 11/15 cruise also. I booked this before I knew it was a pin cruise. We are not collectors so I don't think we will do this. Has anyone here ever done the pin events before and have more info?

I have gone to other special merchandise events and pin events at WDW. This is the first pin cruise I have been on.

I'm paying off the cruise Friday and will be making our Palo Brunch reservations on Monday. I heard that you can start booking at Midnight EST instead of 3 AM EST. I'll probably still have to set my alarm though. We aren't booking any exercusions as well will only be off the ship a short time at Nassau and that's to do some shopping and to visit Senor Frogs.

krystyneb
08-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Sandi you are a star, thanks for that information. My DD is no longer worried about going hungry.

Yes, meeting up before the sail away party is a good idea.

Michelle_R
08-09-2007, 02:41 PM
We are also going on this cruise. It's our first Disney cruise. My husband and I went on a Princess cruise for our honeymoon 9 years ago, but it's the kids first one. There's DW (me), DH, DD-7, and DS-5. We're really looking forward to it! :banana:

Michelle

ArmandXG
08-10-2007, 07:33 PM
I wanna go! I wanna go, NOW!:rotfl2:
Unfortunately, I have to wait til next year. The only good part of that is it gives me plenty of time to save up for my Castaway Cay rentals :boat: and my Chocolate martinis in Sessions every night before dinner:drinking1
My friend Buffpuff is sailing with you all and I am sooo excited for her (and family).
Now, only if I can win the lottery... I'd be packing tomorrow!!!:laughing:

n0007917
08-11-2007, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE my Chocolate martinis in Sessions every night before dinner[/QUOTE]
Do tell more about these martini's. I do enjoy a good martini but have never had a chocolate one! how good are these and are there other good martinis to be had?

ArmandXG
08-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Chocolate martini's are the only type I drink... wouldn't know about other types, but I'm sure someone else may suggest a few.
The chocolate martini that is served in Sessions (on the Magic) is large (equal to 2 regular drinks, maybe 3) is very smooth, not too sweet, but it is a "sweet" drink. Not recommended for macho men:lmao:
DH and I would go down to Sessions about an hour before dinner (we had late seating) to relax, listen to the jazz pianist and enjoy our nightly cocktail. By the time we got to the restaurant, I was VERY happy. It wasn't strong like an iced tea, but I had a nice feeling after drinking it. I highly recommend it.
I also suggest the conch cooler on castaway cay. If you like pina coladas, you'll love this!:thumbsup2 http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/ArmandXG/Disney%20Cruise%2006/DCL-2006-2608.jpg

Miss Jasmine
08-13-2007, 06:57 AM
Anyone else who is a Castaway Club member...did you do your palo/excursion/spa reservations at midnight? The only thing I wanted was Palo Brunch for three of us and the system said that the reservation could be made only for a party of 1 or 2. This was right at midnight. :confused3 Anyway, I did one for a party of two and I guess when we get on board I will try and get it fixed to three. Sheesh.

kcminnie
08-13-2007, 08:48 AM
I am in a suite & was able to book last week for the brunch. I booked about 95 days out & the 10:30 time wasn't available. I was able to book 3 people at 10:00. I wonder if they are holding those back for the 75 days out because I can't imagine people in suites booked up all the available time slots for 10:30.

whnim64
08-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Anyone else who is a Castaway Club member...did you do your palo/excursion/spa reservations at midnight? The only thing I wanted was Palo Brunch for three of us and the system said that the reservation could be made only for a party of 1 or 2. This was right at midnight. :confused3 Anyway, I did one for a party of two and I guess when we get on board I will try and get it fixed to three. Sheesh.

I did Palo brunch for the 5 of us, but could only get 3 of us on the dolphin encounter and stingray adventure. 3 of us are under my name as a Castaway Club member, but the other cabin is under DD's name, and this is her first cruise. I'm hoping we can get the other 2 on the Dolphin and Stingray in 25 days, otherwise we'll be canceling for the 3 of us. DS and I were up watching the meteor shower last night. I tried a little after 11 CST and got onto the ressies!

Miss Jasmine
08-13-2007, 11:17 AM
whnim64, did you link your reservations with your daughter's when you booked? If you did they I think you could have booked their excursions as well.

I have heard that DCL holds back nearly 50 percent of the Palo reservations so people can make them on board as well. I hope that is the case.

whnim64
08-13-2007, 03:46 PM
whnim64, did you link your reservations with your daughter's when you booked? If you did they I think you could have booked their excursions as well.

I have heard that DCL holds back nearly 50 percent of the Palo reservations so people can make them on board as well. I hope that is the case.

Yes, they are linked. They showed up when I was making ressies, but their names were grayed-out so I couldn't select them to be on the excursions. I've never had to worry about this before. This is the first time that I'm sailing with 'newbies'!

Miss Jasmine
08-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Hmm that's odd because this is my MIL first cruise and I could have booked excursions and spa stuff for her. I wonder if that was because DD is in her cabin and is a Castaway Club member. :confused3

whnim64
08-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Hmm that's odd because this is my MIL first cruise and I could have booked excursions and spa stuff for her. I wonder if that was because DD is in her cabin and is a Castaway Club member. :confused3

Alas, I am the only one of us 5 who is a Castaway Club member, and as big as I am, I can't be booked in both cabins :rotfl2:!

CastawayJP
08-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Less than 90 days! I find myself listening more and more to the castaway club cd that we got! It seems like a lot of people are doing the Palo brunch will it be hard to get ressies?

whnim64
08-16-2007, 08:04 AM
Less than 90 days! I find myself listening more and more to the castaway club cd that we got! It seems like a lot of people are doing the Palo brunch will it be hard to get ressies?

Are you a Castaway Club member? If so, you can go online and book your Palo brunch now.:banana:

CastawayJP
08-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah I have to wait until the inlaws pay the cruise balance. Then it will be available online.

jayally
08-24-2007, 05:41 PM
bumping up....time is getting closer!

I read on another thread about someone wanting to share a limo or other transportation to the port. I am still trying to figure out what to do. IT is not worth it to pay $210 for 3 people to use the DCL bus. In 2003 I rented a car for 2 weeks at that rate. Would anyone be interested in working out details to share travel? We will be leaving from the Poly and there are 3 of us, Me, DS 14 and DD 10. I am waiting for car rental rates to come down and if they land in the $200 range for 13 days I will rent for our entire trip or I am thinking about just renting on the 11th from DD and keep until the 19th (when we return home) and pay the $48 terminal parking rate. I don't know how much of a hassle it will be to return the car at the port and pick it up again. We are staying at OKW for the 3rd part of our trip. I am open to all suggestions.

Michelle

whnim64
08-25-2007, 01:18 PM
bumping up....time is getting closer!

I read on another thread about someone wanting to share a limo or other transportation to the port. I am still trying to figure out what to do. IT is not worth it to pay $210 for 3 people to use the DCL bus. In 2003 I rented a car for 2 weeks at that rate. Would anyone be interested in working out details to share travel? We will be leaving from the Poly and there are 3 of us, Me, DS 14 and DD 10. I am waiting for car rental rates to come down and if they land in the $200 range for 13 days I will rent for our entire trip or I am thinking about just renting on the 11th from DD and keep until the 19th (when we return home) and pay the $48 terminal parking rate. I don't know how much of a hassle it will be to return the car at the port and pick it up again. We are staying at OKW for the 3rd part of our trip. I am open to all suggestions.

Michelle
I'm still trying to figure out what we're going to do for transportation. We get into MCO on Saturday around 9 am and are flying out at 2 after the cruise. We'd really like to get a towncar to pick us up and take us to Cape Canaveral, then rent a car for a day, then get the towncar back to the airport. It would be cheaper for us to rent a car at the airport, turn it in before the cruise, then rent another one to drive back to the airport, but that sounds like such a hassle. We've used a towncar before, and it's nice to have someone else do the driving and take care of the luggage for you. We would just need a car to get around Cape Canaveral for the day before the cruise. A towncar round-trip would be around $200 before tip, and a rental car for before the cruise is actually cheaper than one for a few hours after the cruise! I think I've just talked myself into paying the extra $100 to get a towncar from/to the airport...

DisneyJLS
08-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks to my wonderful co-worker I have found this wonderful forum.
I will be going on this cruise with my DH (44) and DD (will be 5) with all of you wonderful people. I am very excited, my husband is interested but not nearly as excited as me, and our DD does not know about it! (yet) We are not planning on telling her until we are headed either to the airport or to the ship. We will be at WDW for 2 nights beforehand. The last three times we have been to WDW she got so wound up beforehand that she ended up being sick by the time we made it there. Also, on the Sat. b4, we will be taking her to the Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique that is opening in Cinderella's Castle that day. I hope we can get a good meet & greet together on the ship. Once we get closer to the sail date we should definitely have a plan.
Looking forward to sailing with all of you! I better get back to work now.:guilty:

CastawayJP
08-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Well I couldn't book the brunch, but I did book dinner! Looking forward to it, and I just finished making a movie with the pictures from our first 2 cruises this year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6VipSDXVxY

jayally
08-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Well I couldn't book the brunch, but I did book dinner! Looking forward to it, and I just finished making a movie with the pictures from our first 2 cruises this year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6VipSDXVxY

cool pictures! I still have not done anything much with our 2005 cruise and Disney! I am looking forward to meeting lots of new friends. We need to pick a place and time for a meet.

ArmandXG
09-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Helping with a bump up for the weekend.
How many days now?? Time is going to go by sooo fast! Before you know it, everyone will be doing the doc dance :banana: :banana: Well... everyone except me :sad1:
My DH can't wait til our next cruise because he thinks it will get me to stop reading my passporter, planning C.C. rentals and excursions, and hanging out on the disboards. Ha! Little does he know... it only makes it worse!!!!:lmao:
I've been planning our next cruise since we got off the boat last November. By the time we board again, it will be two years worth of planning! And then I'm gonna have to plan ANOTHER one because I'm sure there are things we're going to miss!:rotfl: Does the cycle ever end?:confused3 I certainly hope not!
Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend! Me? I have a new house to renovate! I'm off to do some insulating and drywalling!!!:thumbsup2

jayally
09-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Helping with a bump up for the weekend.
How many days now?? Time is going to go by sooo fast! Before you know it, everyone will be doing the doc dance :banana: :banana: Well... everyone except me :sad1:
My DH can't wait til our next cruise because he thinks it will get me to stop reading my passporter, planning C.C. rentals and excursions, and hanging out on the disboards. Ha! Little does he know... it only makes it worse!!!!:lmao:
I've been planning our next cruise since we got off the boat last November. By the time we board again, it will be two years worth of planning! And then I'm gonna have to plan ANOTHER one because I'm sure there are things we're going to miss!:rotfl: Does the cycle ever end?:confused3 I certainly hope not!
Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend! Me? I have a new house to renovate! I'm off to do some insulating and drywalling!!!:thumbsup2

I have been planning since July 2005! I don't know what I will do when the trip is over. I know the kids would want to do it again - they would rather vacation at Disney all the time but I want to take them to Europe to see their heritage and that will take me another 2 years to plan and save. The kids are growing so fast, in another 2 yrs they will be 16 and 13 and only a few more after that and they will be too old to want to go with the dear Mommy. :sad1: Sept 6th will begin the 2 month countdown for us:banana: and I have a VERY jammed packed calender to make that time go by faster than I think it will. I have everything done except for travel to and from my local ariport and a good rental car deal. I feel great to have the cash saved up to pay for it all and I am trying to add more to my savings account so it won't be empty when we return. My last disney trip I came home with over $700 in travelers checks which came in handy so I can be a real overplanner and saver.

CarlisleMom
09-01-2007, 07:10 PM
This will be our first Disney Cruise. My DH and I have cruised many times but this will be the first on Disney and with our DD (she will be 2 weeks away from turning 6).

We can't wait.

Is the Pin Trading Package expensive to add? Was wondering if this is something I want my DD to start? Does anyone know if I only book for 1 can all participate?

ArmandXG
09-01-2007, 09:30 PM
I feel great to have the cash saved up to pay for it all and I am trying to add more to my savings account so it won't be empty when we return. My last disney trip I came home with over $700 in travelers checks which came in handy so I can be a real overplanner and saver.

That's why we usually take a big vacation every two years.:goodvibes It takes me that long to save and plan. We like to relax by taking little weekend drives or go camping. Something like that can cost us just a couple hundred dollars and we get the time to recharge and reconnect with each other. In the mean time, I'm squirreling away dollars and cents for the Disney parks or cruise.
One of my tricks is I will guestimate the money needed for tips, parking, palo's, etc and put it in appropriately marked envelopes, seal it up, put it in my suitcase and forget it exists. I then start working on excursions and gifts.
When I put my reservation in for the trip, I divide the balance into a comfortable amount and put them in with the rest of my bills. I usually have it paid well before the final due date. This method has worked well for me.:thumbsup2
Unfortunately, I am currently a year behind in my savings because we bought a fixer-upper in Jan. and we are still working on it (weekends and holidays). It is not only sucking all my disney funds but my energy as well. I recently had jaw surgery and we are a month behind in our renovation. :eek:
I can certainly guarantee that NOTHING will keep me from my Disney vacation. I will e-bay my cats if I have to! (Just kidding, they would be returned as defective anyway;) ).

CastawayJP
09-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Time is going by too slow. We had 2 months between cruise 1 and 2, and this 4 month lapse is too much to take!

ArmandXG
09-05-2007, 01:36 PM
helping with a bump up!
I got a wonderful, early anniversary present this weekend.:goodvibes It doesn't really cut into my disney funds because it only cost $1.00 to purchase, but it will cost $$$ to take care of it... My DH bought me a horse! He was owned by our good friends and I've been riding him since they purchased him from their vet. I have always considered him mine, I have loved him from the first day I laid eyes on him.:love: He is a 17 year old black quarter horse named Doc.
I am sooo happy, but I guess I'll have to go out and get a job if I want to be a good horse owner AND continue my Disney vacations:rotfl:
I am currently renovating a house, trying to sell a double wide mobile home that I don't know when I'll move out of due to said renovations, I own a horse AND I have an addiction to Disney vacations:scared1: I am either greatly blessed or greatly cursed. Does anyone know if it's legal to sell your soul on e-bay???:confused:
Heading out to buy a lottery ticket or two... keep your fingers crossed!

Miss Jasmine
09-06-2007, 09:31 AM
This will be our first Disney Cruise. My DH and I have cruised many times but this will be the first on Disney and with our DD (she will be 2 weeks away from turning 6).

We can't wait.

Is the Pin Trading Package expensive to add? Was wondering if this is something I want my DD to start? Does anyone know if I only book for 1 can all participate?

I think the pin package was $50 (might have been $49, can't remember). Anyway...this is my first PIN cruise so I am not sure if there are any special events invloved that one would have to prove they are on the pin package. I know on past pin cruises there has been a trading lounge, but again not sure how close people were checked.

There is a RSP form online that you fill out requesting which pins you would like to buy. They are limited in number so it's like your wish list. You list the one you want the most first and then so on. There are 3 RSP cycles so you can try to get more than one of the pin, if there is one you would like for more family members. Also, there is a T-shirt involved this year. :banana: Of course this reminds me I still need to fill out my RSP. :rolleyes: Honestly, I don't know I signed up, all my special pins are not even displayed at home. :sad2:

CarlisleMom
09-16-2007, 08:39 PM
My DD(5) is getting excited about our vacation. She is looking forward to having her own area on the ship that Mom and Dad can't go.

Is there anyone with kids about her age going?

CastawayJP
09-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Thought I'd give us a bump! We are getting closer but it still feels so far away!

whnim64
09-20-2007, 01:26 PM
I just finalized my car rental reservations yesterday. As much as we'd like to be pampered and driven in a town car, my wallet convinced me to rent at car. We'll drive from the airport to the port the day before, then turn in the rental Sunday am and take the Budget shuttle to the port. Then we'll do the same on our return to the airport. :thumbsup2

jayally
09-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Our trip is getting closer!:yay: I rented a car for the entire trip from Alamo for $173 but I may need to find another reservation as I am not sure if I need an american experss card to pay for it or not (I don't have one and it offers the best discount). It ended up being cheaper renting for the entire trip and paying for parking. I can't want to get our Docs to make it seem more real!

CastawayJP
09-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Under 50 days! We just watched our video from the last cruise and I am getting fired up!

Miss Jasmine
09-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Hey all. I think I am the only one doing the pin package so you all may not have heard the news...we are going to be having a celebrity sailing with us. Lee Arenburg, who is Pintel from the POTC movies, will be there as part of the pin event. He wil be giving a presentation for event guests and will be available to sign a specially designed Pintel pin. :)

jayally
09-26-2007, 03:30 PM
I signed up for it and already did a pin selection but got one package and my kids and I will share. I get the t-shirt:cool1: so the kids won't fight over it. I have no idea who pintel is but the kids might. I am not really into the pins but I thought it would be a fun once in a lifetime event and for $45 it seemed like a nice bonus. We leave in 42 days! :banana:

Miss Jasmine
09-27-2007, 08:14 AM
I still have to fill out my RSP. :rolleyes: Nothing like the last minute. I can't decide how much more I really want to spend on pins. :laughing: Definitely putting in for the Pintel one now, though as I would love to have him sign it!

If you have seen the POTC movies you know who Pintel is:
http://www.kfilmu.net/obrazky/nahledy/299.jpg

CatFish Show
09-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi everyone,

This will be our first cruise ever (Nov. 11/2007 Wonder) - me, my DH, DS (4yrs).

It would seem there are so many things to know to be able to take advantage of everything.... I feel like my brain is going to explode.

Does anyone else have kids in the Oceaners Club? our boy is really looking forward to playing on the Pirate ship!

I will be celebrating my birthday on the cruise - any suggestions?

Thanks

Cat

jayally
09-27-2007, 11:10 AM
HI Catfish, welcome! Your family will have a great time. My daughter will be 11 and in the club, she had a great time on our last trip. My son is graduating to the teen scene but he had the best time in the club. Neither one wanted to leave to eat with us or leave the ship. They is saying something about how comfortable they were. They were not in the same level but made plenty of friends.

I am celebrating all of our birthdays on our at sea night with a cake delivered to our table for free, just let Disney know you will be celebrating and they will do something special. This trip is in the middle of them and I have saved all my money for this trip and not bought any big gifts so it is a huge combined birthday present! My Son is Oct 25, Me Nov 5th and daughter Dec 19th

As for the Pirates pin trading, I really don't want to buy many so we chose 3 that we each liked. I have no idea how it works and I had to give a credit card but they are not expensive. I guess I will find out soon. :banana: I don't even know why we collect pins anyway. :confused3 Most of them are in a jar and the ones on lanyards are so heavy to carry around. Disney has great marketing! I don't want to think how much money is invested in that jar and the kids don't want to trade any of them anymore as they have the ones they want and now just want to add the NEWLY released ones. :rolleyes:

Miss Jasmine
09-27-2007, 06:28 PM
I don't know if anyone else posting here are Florida residents, but some Florida resident rates for this cruise were just released. My TA was able to get both staterooms reduced (saving nearly $1,400 :dance3: ) The only problem is I had to drop the pin event package. A DCL manager said the special rate and package couldn't be combined. :confused3 I did send off an email to event services to see if we can get this cleared up, but hey if I can't re-ad it, then it's more spending money. :thumbsup2

drc712
09-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Hello to all the November 11th Wonder Cruisers! My DH, DD (3 years old) and I will be joining you on the cruise! I actually just switched from November 4th because the Florida residents rate was at a great discount and would allow me to splurge more on the cruise for drinks, toys, excusions, spa treatments and more.....:banana: Anyways, it wasn't too difficult to find your post, anyone with fellow 3 year olds like my DH? We are looking forward to meeting some new friends and having a great time! This is our 3rd Disney Cruise and we love them more every time we take one, but this is the first 4 day. Everytime wev'e left the ship we say the same words...."I needed just one more day"........:cloud9:

drc712
09-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Wow, you guys are real cruisers!!! How did you manage to go so often? We are looking forward to our cruise as well. I liked your movie, good job!!

drc712
09-28-2007, 03:40 PM
My DD will be 4 in January and she would love to meet a new friend! The clubs are great (if they will want to stay). The staff is fun and very professional.

CatFish Show
09-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Does anybody have any advice on what kind of shoes to bring for the kids?

I was thinking of bringing a pair of Crocs for my DS (4yrs) and maybe a pair of running shoes - are there any rules for shoes in the Oceaners Club?

Thanks

Cat

drc712
09-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Any shoes are fine. Bring the most comfortable ones!:cool1:

CastawayJP
10-01-2007, 07:52 AM
My DD will be 4 in January and she would love to meet a new friend! The clubs are great (if they will want to stay). The staff is fun and very professional.

If they want to stay... I normally have to drag my 8 year old away kicking and screaming! :headache:

CatFish Show
10-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Less than 40 days to go!!

I can't wait!!

Any idea what night the Pirate Show is?

CatFish Show
10-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Are there any other Canadians on this cruise?

How about Montrealers??

Cat
travelling with Bob and DS (4yrs)

drc712
10-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Lucky you! Maybe now that my DD is a little older she will want to stay longer. I think the clubs are a little better for the older ones, or maybe my DD just thinks we may go in the Mickey pool without her!!!

CastawayJP
10-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Less than 40 days to go!!

I can't wait!!

Any idea what night the Pirate Show is?

Pirate night is night 3 after CC. :thumbsup2

drc712
10-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi Cataway JP, I just noticed your Disney Magic ???????? at the bottom of your post. I was actually just looking online to see if I wanted to book my 7 day, 2008 cruise while I'm on my Wonder cruise so that I can save a few bucks with the discount. I think wer'e going to book November 8th(?) 2008 since it's after it will pull out of dry dock and should be fresh and newly updated. Is that your plan too???

karrit2000
10-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone. I just booked the cruise last week because I absolutely have to attend the Pin Event. When I heard that Lee Arenberg was to be a guest I had to sign up. He was at the Pirates on the Seven Seas Lagoon event at WDW in May and he was absolutely terrific. He even attended the midnight showing of POTC-AWE with us.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but buying a Pin Package for just one member of your party does not allow everyone else in your party access to the Pin Events. They will allow as many people in your party to purchase the package that want to participate but cruise guests who don't buy the package can't participate. Each person must purchase their own package to participate. Event participants will have first dibs on the merchandise. Access to any event related seminars/private parties, etc. will be for paying participants only, not additional family members. If you think the other people in your party will want to attend the Pin events I strongly suggest you purchase the package for them or you will be very upset and disappointed when your children/family members are refused access to the events. They don't force everyone in each party to purchase the package because they realize that there may be only one person in the group who wants to participate. It is the same with the land based events, your family can share your room, but if they don't buy the package they can't attend the event.

CastawayJP
10-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Hi Cataway JP, I just noticed your Disney Magic ???????? at the bottom of your post. I was actually just looking online to see if I wanted to book my 7 day, 2008 cruise while I'm on my Wonder cruise so that I can save a few bucks with the discount. I think wer'e going to book November 8th(?) 2008 since it's after it will pull out of dry dock and should be fresh and newly updated. Is that your plan too???

I was just trying to put it down hoping that it would come true. We really want to do something special for our daughters 1st birthday in late January to celebrate all that our family has come through this year. It might be too quick a turnaround to do a 7 day, but heres to wishes coming true!

I like your idea too!

Parkhopper
10-04-2007, 08:00 AM
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but buying a Pin Package for just one member of your party does not allow everyone else in your party access to the Pin Events. They will allow as many people in your party to purchase the package that want to participate but cruise guests who don't buy the package can't participate. Each person must purchase their own package to participate. Event participants will have first dibs on the merchandise. Access to any event related seminars/private parties, etc. will be for paying participants only, not additional family members. If you think the other people in your party will want to attend the Pin events I strongly suggest you purchase the package for them or you will be very upset and disappointed when your children/family members are refused access to the events. They don't force everyone in each party to purchase the package because they realize that there may be only one person in the group who wants to participate. It is the same with the land based events, your family can share your room, but if they don't buy the package they can't attend the event.

I have to say that this is completely correct about the pin package. Please, please, please call Disney Special Events at 407-827-7600 if you have any questions. They WILL be checking for Event Credentials (as they do for EVERY event) and there will be NO SHARING of event credentials allowed. If you want everyone in your family to be able to participate in the games and seminars (and get the wonderful event gifts), you MUST register each person for the event. Otherwise ONLY the registered person will be permitted to join in all of the fun. Please know that Disney Cruise Line representatives are not running this event, it is being run by the fantastic Disney Special Events team. Any answers or responses you have gotten from the Cruise Line staff are not correct. Please call Special Events if you have any specific questions or concerns and I am certain that they will be happy to ensure that you get correct answers.

Suzi

jayally
10-04-2007, 10:08 AM
What types of events do they have for a pin event. I only bought one package. None of us are big pin collectors but since this was scheduled for the cruise we are on I thought it would be interesting. My kids are 14 yr old son and 10 yr old daughter and I put the event in my name as I was told they had to be 18 or older or accompanied by an adult. Out of the 3 of us my son would be the most interested. I don't think $45 for a t-shirt, maybe a free pin or 2 and the opportunity to buy more pins is worth spending that for kids, they should offer a discount for children who don't need the pins but want to join in the fun.

karrit2000
10-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Unfortunately in regards to Disney once a child reaches the age of 10 they are required to pay Adult prices for admission to any parks or special events even though they are still minors. There are always special gifts given to the attendees of special events such as the pin cruise. I've never done the pin cruise before so someone else will need to chime in on what one may expect in the way of gifts, I've heard they are always spectacular. At the Pirate event at WDW in May the attendees received a number of gifts depending on the level of package they bought. They included a special event themed bag, a set of three pins, a gift that included a pirate bandana, some beads and a shot glass/vase with the event logo and a WDW Hidden Mickey series lanyard pin. We also received a treasure chest with three coins representing the three ships from the pirate movies. Those who bought the higher packages received additional gifts depending on the level of the package. Suzi & her husband bought the highest one and they recieved some wonderful one of a kind keepsakes. Since there is only one level of package for the Pin Cruise everyone will receive the same gifts. From what I've been told there are games that the attendees participate in. There will also be a seminar and autograph signing with Lee Arenberg (Pirate Pintel) that only participants can attend. Other events have included private parties aboard the ship for event participants. Believe me that $45 is a small price to pay for a Disney Special Event. The gifts you receive always more than make up the price you pay. If this were a land based event you would pay a lot more to attend because you would be paying for the meals or food served at the event.

Parkhopper
10-04-2007, 12:05 PM
What types of events do they have for a pin event. I only bought one package. None of us are big pin collectors but since this was scheduled for the cruise we are on I thought it would be interesting. My kids are 14 yr old son and 10 yr old daughter and I put the event in my name as I was told they had to be 18 or older or accompanied by an adult. Out of the 3 of us my son would be the most interested. I don't think $45 for a t-shirt, maybe a free pin or 2 and the opportunity to buy more pins is worth spending that for kids, they should offer a discount for children who don't need the pins but want to join in the fun.

My husband has done every pin cruise and I have been to all but one (missed due to work obligations). They are a great value as far as events go.

Typically, when you check in (at Studio Sea), you will receive your welcome gift(s) and any pin merchandise that you would have been awarded on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd RSPs (RSP = Random Selection Process...think "lottery" to purchase the lower Limited Edition pins)

Last year we had the "Cruisin through time" event and the welcome gift was a tye dyed shirt and a lovely boxed set:

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50541&sid=5372.1191518844

The farewell gift was this:

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50542&sid=5372.1191518844

In addition, on the Castaway Cay day, there were various pin games (hula hoops, ring toss, etc and you could win pin prizes. We were all also given a coupon booklet that entitled you to these pins:

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50667&sid=5372.1191518844

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50668&sid=5372.1191518844

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50669&sid=5372.1191518844

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50670&sid=5372.1191518844

And there was a pin for attending the seminar (should be EXTRA fun this year with Lee Arenberg - he was SUCH a sweetie at the Pirate Event in WDW in May!)

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50543&sid=5372.1191518844

So the pin cruise is an AMAZING value and a lot of fun (hint: the karaoke with the Special Events Staff is most memorable!! :wave: Steven!)

I hope this information helps!!

Suzi

jayally
10-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Sounds fun but we don't need 3 sets of pins. What would I do wilt the extra pins if I signed the kids up too? I ordered 3 RSP pins- we each chose one we liked. They would enjoy the t shirt and special game events but I was just give them the pins as I am not a big collector. I would hate to have them miss out on fun stuff if it is a real big deal. but it's another $90. I have never heard of a pin event before so I don't know what to expect.

CastawayJP
10-04-2007, 05:45 PM
The pin thing doesn't really appeal to me, and my 8 year old doesn't seem to be too interested either... But I am a little jealous of the special events! Oh well,I guess I'll live. ;)

drc712
10-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I don't think we'll be doing the pin thing either. Wev'e decided to splurge and do the couples massage this time. I hope we like it since I've heard conflicting reports on weather or not it's worth the money. Any feedback?? I was actually supposed to be on the November 4th cruise, and ended up switching to the 11th and have lost my ressies for Palo's! Hopefully, I'll get one once on board. I'm getting excited for our cruise, but will actually be going to Fort Wilderness in a couple of weeks with the family for some camping fun.....but will be looking forward to our luxury trip on the Wonder!!!

Miss Jasmine
10-05-2007, 07:45 AM
I need to do some updating...after a few emails to DCL (and some rather interesting replies) I was able to re-add the pin package. Of course this was the day after the RSPs were due, but I was still able to get mine in. Phew. I ordered a whole four pins I think. Yes after all that. Oh and the best part, my TA had to start fighting with them again about how an individual can sign up and not everyone in the same stateroom. :sad2:

I'm the only one in my party of five who is signed up. I did that on purpose. It gives me an excuse to get away from them if I need a break. :laughing: Sorry, traveling with my MIL (who paid for the cruise, bless her heart), but yeah I might need some breaks. I have done a couple special event before but this is my first pin cruise.

drc712
10-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Hi Miss jasmine, we live on the Space Coast as well! It's pretty nice having the Ship in your backyard isn't it!!! Don't worry about the IL's....you'll have plenty of time to enjoy yourself!!

drc712
10-07-2007, 09:55 AM
If anyone should have to cancel their Palo ressies, please let us know, room 6588. We can't get any reservations for Palos online, dinner or brunch. I guess it fills up pretty quickly. Thanks.

CatFish Show
10-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Bumping up!

drc712
10-10-2007, 12:50 PM
hey catfishshow! I was starting to wonder if everyone cancelled their cruise and I was all by myself on the Wonder??? :confused3 I'm getting excited now! :banana: Even thinking about what to pack and if I will dress the family for Pirates night or not. Anyone dressing for Pirates night?? pirate:

CarlisleMom
10-10-2007, 01:30 PM
My DH, DD5(almost 6) and I will all be dressing up. DD is excited that Mom and Dad will also be in costume. pirate:

drc712
10-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Well, I guess we'll have to look for some costume wear! My DD (will be 4 in january) would get a kick out of that. Who knows, it may be a good idea to get stuff at 50% off at the after holloween sales!:thumbsup2

CatFish Show
10-10-2007, 09:23 PM
I bought some Pirate hats at the Dollar store (not quite a dollar) for me and my DH - I plan to get a cute pirate hat with Mickey ears on the ship for DS 4 - he will be so excited, I just hope he is not too tired at the end of the day!

I just know that we cannot miss the fireworks - he only saw them twice this summer and he has been asking for more all summer! I think they are right after the pirate party!

Anybody have any tips on keeping a 4yr old awake - he has just stopped napping in the afternoons.

Thanks

Cat

Miss Jasmine
10-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi Miss jasmine, we live on the Space Coast as well! It's pretty nice having the Ship in your backyard isn't it!!! Don't worry about the IL's....you'll have plenty of time to enjoy yourself!!

It would probably be cheaper for us if they weren't just in our "backyard". It makes taking a cruise too easy. ;)

I got my RSP results. I received the whole four pins I wanted. :laughing:

CatFish Show
10-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Woo Hoo - I am so excited!

We sail in exactly 1 month :-)

I have finally booked the Limo from the airport to the Hotel (we arrive the night before) and then the hotel in Orlando - we leave the day after the cruise!!

What a great feeling, knowing mostly everything is done, just waiting for the month to go by and the weather to stay good!!

See you all soon.

Cat

whnim64
10-11-2007, 10:48 AM
I've been ready to pack my suitcase for a while, now, but am waiting. If I pack now, I'll forget what's in there and have to take it all out again. That's all I have left to do, though. All ressies are done. I booked the Dolphin Encounter directly with the company. Older DD is pregnant and DCL won't allow her to go if we booked through them. Dolphin Encounter will still allow her to go, though, just not on the swim.

CastawayJP
10-11-2007, 11:07 AM
I want to get the Cpt. Jack Sparrow adult costume from the Disney Store after Halloween. I'm not paying $95 for it! My 8 year old already has her Elizabeth costume, so we are ready to go. We just added a night at WDW after the cruise to delay the impending depression!

Parkhopper
10-11-2007, 11:27 AM
hey catfishshow! I was starting to wonder if everyone cancelled their cruise and I was all by myself on the Wonder??? :confused3 I'm getting excited now! :banana: Even thinking about what to pack and if I will dress the family for Pirates night or not. Anyone dressing for Pirates night?? pirate:

We always dress BIG for pirate night! Look for my husband, he will be a skeleton pirate!

Suzi

drc712
10-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Wow Catfish Show, look what you've started!! There haven't been this many threads in while. Obviously, everyone is getting really excited since wer'e a month and counting! :yay:
As far as keeping the DS 4 year old awake, I don't know what to tell you! My 3 year old is pooped by the evening time. In the past, we have actually booked late seating dining and take her to the buffet early for dinner, then go to the 6:15 show then one more activity, then the Lab and she sleeps there. My Dh and I usually dine without her, I know that sounds selfish, but I would much rather have her wide awake for the shows that she LOVES, than sitting at a lengthy dinner. We always pick her up, sleeping or not, for the Pirate party and she awakes from the dead for that! I'm sure when she's a little older, she'll be able to party all night long!!:dance3:
You all are really going for it with the dressing up! CastawayJP, Carlisesmom and Parkhopper I'll be looking for you guys! I want a picture!
Miss Jasmine, I know what you mean about "being in the backyard" maybe that's why this is our 3rd cruise and my DD is only 3!
whnim64, if my DH and DD can't make it out, I'm comin' to party with you and the girls! You all are going to have a blast!:banana:

Miss Jasmine
10-12-2007, 11:23 AM
drc, this is our 4th and we are going on the Eastbound repositioning next year. Very expensive habit. ;)

drc712
10-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Lucky you!! I hope we can do the same!!

CastawayJP
10-12-2007, 04:44 PM
I hope that there is truth in the rumor that DCL will be heading to Alaska in 2009. That will be great! We are hoping to rebook on the ship for a late January cruise. My daughter will be celebrating her 1st birthday on the 30th and my Mom will be celebrating her ??th birthday on the same day!

CatFish Show
10-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Has anyone else done the on-line check in?

Does it make a difference if you do it on-line or at the Port?

Is there anyone else doing the glass bottom boat at Castaway Cay?

Cat

drc712
10-13-2007, 08:24 PM
catfish, The online check in is awesome! When you get to the terminal it goes much, much faster! :woohoo:
Castaway....an Alaskan cruise sounds fabulous. We can only hope!:banana:

drc712
10-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Castaway, maybe we'll consider the glass bottom boat, my DD would love that!!!

whnim64
10-13-2007, 08:34 PM
We've done the online checkin. Very nice and saves time. We did the glass bottom boat on our very first cruise. I must say I wouldn't ever do it again. I tend to get seasick on small boats, and just wanted it to be over. We didn't see that many fish. The guide threw in oatmeal to try to attract the fish. We did the stingray encounter last cruise and loved it. In fact, we have it booked for this cruise!

whnim64
10-13-2007, 08:44 PM
whnim64, if my DH and DD can't make it out, I'm comin' to party with you and the girls! You all are going to have a blast!:banana:
PARTY WITH US? A couple of middle age ladies:hippie: , a pregnant lady, a young lady just finishing up radiation therapy, :sad2: and one party animal. At least one of us will want to party with you . I'm usually asleep by 9 pm, but I'm going to try to force myself to stay up and enjoy the late night stuff for the first time!party:That's what naptime is for, right.

drc712
10-14-2007, 06:47 AM
That's funny whnim64, do you know, this is our 3rd Disney cruise and we have never gone to the late night "adult" stuff! We are pooped by 9:00pm just like our 3 year old!! I have heard that the 80's night is great and I want to do my best to get there!!! So hopefully we will see you all there!!
Maybe I will pass on the glass bottom boat. Actually, we rented the bikes one time and went down the whole island, it was really fun and relaxing. Otherwise, I'll save my money and just hang out on the beach and rent snorkels and fins. My 3 1/2 year old is perfectly happy with that and I'll save the big bucks for mine and DH couple's massage!!!

drc712
10-14-2007, 12:03 PM
We are taking our 3 1/2 year old....maybe they can hang out in the Oceaneer lab!

drc712
10-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Are we still planning a "meet and greet"?

jayally
10-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Are we still planning a "meet and greet"?

Is there someone who wants to organize one using this thread and the other check in for the wonder thread? There is a link to it earlier in the postings. I have a lot going on with my work, PTA, kids etc to add something else to my overflowing plate plus I have no idea how to start. I really am looking forward to my vacation!!!:yay:

buffpuff73
10-14-2007, 08:13 PM
ok everyone we're going to be on the Nov 11th cruise and this is our 1st cruise. Not only that, but I've been so busy with work and kids lately that I just realized that we're less than a month away! I'm soooo excited! Though, I need help! What to pack? What to wear? and any other info would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks!
Michele:confused3

gracia98
10-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Hi! I posted a long time ago on this thread, or one of the other ones. We are traveling with all of our family, me, DH, DS6, DD4 and both sets of grandparents. It's getting closer and we are all ready for a break from reality!

I have a question. Is it too late to sign up for the pin trading event? Can you sign up on board? Is there a website somewhere that gives all the details? We are not really into pins, although last week at Animal Kingdom, we got a Pixie Dust pin for doing something nice and then, of course, we had to buy the kids lanyards and pins too. SOOOOO, will we feel left out if we don't participate in any of these events? I am kind of intrigued myself, but don't want to buy the package for the kids... maybe for my mom? But then MIL will feel leftout??

Anyways, life has been so busy lately I have not really even thought too much about the cruise and excursions etc. We did get Palo ressies, but not all at the same time. I am hoping to go onboad and try to get one for all of us at the same time and give up my exising ones...... hope that works.

Will try to check in more often!

CastawayJP
10-14-2007, 09:10 PM
ok everyone we're going to be on the Nov 11th cruise and this is our 1st cruise. Not only that, but I've been so busy with work and kids lately that I just realized that we're less than a month away! I'm soooo excited! Though, I need help! What to pack? What to wear? and any other info would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks!

Buff,
First all you will have a blast! We went on our first in April and now we are taking our 3rd this year! Prepare to be hooked! Just bring comfortable clothes, and something casual for dinner (unless you want to get dolled up for formal night, or crazy for pirate night). I'd probably bring a windbraker too if you are planning on walking on deck in the evening. Oh yeah bring sunscreen for Castaway Cay... trust me on that one...:mad:

whnim64
10-15-2007, 05:38 AM

Thanks!
Hi Michele. Just don't overpack. I packed twice as much as we needed for our first cruise. I did much better for the second cruise. And I'm planning on fitting all of my stuff (just me) in a carry-on. I'm shipping some things in a box, though, like 3 big bottles of sunscreen (for 5 people since we can't take it on the plane), some paperback books, some candy for the CM's (after Halloween sales), laundry detergent in case we need to wash a load of clothes (much easier to wash than to overpack), and pillowcase to get autographed with markers. Here is my packing list:
swimsuits (I'll take 2)

walking shoes and a couple of pairs of socks

beach shoes

dress or skirt/pants (not jeans) and blouse with nice shoes for dining rooms (I wear a skirt and switch between 2 nice shirts. It's OK to wear the same thing more than once to dinner.)

shorts/capris and comfy shirt for rest of ship and Castaway Cay (I like to buy one for a souvenier and just wear that)

swimsuit cover-up or big t-shirt and shorts work well

sleep clothes

maybe need a long-sleeved shirt and pants

sunglasses

prescriptions, Tylenol and basic first aid stuff, sunscreen, sunhat, toothbrush, toothpaste, brush/comb

camera and film/memory cards

credit card, or cash for on-board account

cash for tips

whnim64
10-15-2007, 05:56 AM
Is there someone who wants to organize one using this thread and the other check in for the wonder thread? There is a link to it earlier in the postings. I have a lot going on with my work, PTA, kids etc to add something else to my overflowing plate plus I have no idea how to start. I really am looking forward to my vacation!!!:yay:
We will have the cheap ($.97) lanyards from Wal Mart for our KTTW card. I'll print out a DIS member (oooh, I just made a Halloween pun, dismember, DIS member...get it?) card to go in the other side, and if everyone does the same, we'll be able to sort of spot everyone. It's getting kind of late in the game for me to make up pins and mail them out to everyone. So if everyone made their own with just plain paper or card stock, then we could meet on deck ten starboard (right) above the Goofy pool just before the sail away party. My DIS ID card would look like this:
DIS Board

whnim64 (Sandi)

Parkhopper
10-15-2007, 08:11 AM
I have a question. Is it too late to sign up for the pin trading event? Can you sign up on board? Is there a website somewhere that gives all the details? We are not really into pins, although last week at Animal Kingdom, we got a Pixie Dust pin for doing something nice and then, of course, we had to buy the kids lanyards and pins too. SOOOOO, will we feel left out if we don't participate in any of these events? I am kind of intrigued myself, but don't want to buy the package for the kids... maybe for my mom? But then MIL will feel leftout??

You may still be able to add the pin package, but you would need to call Disney Event Services to fin out if it was still possible to do so. Call 407-827-7600. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd RSP's (think "lottery" for the low Limited Edition sized pins) have already been run and distributed, but you could still participate in the 4th RSP on board if you are part of the pin package and you would be entitled to the Welcome and parting gifts, the games on Castaway Cay and the gift with coupon pins on the island. You would also be able to participate in the meet and greet with Lee Arenberg (Pintel the Pirate from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies). My DH and I did the WDW Event for the opening of At World's End and he was there. Lee made the entire experience top notch!

Here is the information about the pin event from the website: http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/event?id=21411

Suzi

drc712
10-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Hi! I posted a long time ago on this thread, or one of the other ones. We are traveling with all of our family, me, DH, DS6, DD4 and both sets of grandparents. It's getting closer and we are all ready for a break from reality!

Anyways, life has been so busy lately I have not really even thought too much about the cruise and excursions etc. We did get Palo ressies, but not all at the same time. I am hoping to go onboad and try to get one for all of us at the same time and give up my exising ones...... hope that works.

Will try to check in more often!

Hi Garcia,
We have a DD(almost 4) we'll have to let them meet so they can play in the Lab together! Let me know if you cancel your Plao ressie....we couldn't get one. We aren't doing the PIN trading, but it will probably be alot of fun! Anyways, welcome aboard!!!:banana:

CatFish Show
10-15-2007, 04:28 PM
How about a Roll Call on where people are from?

We (DH, DS4) are from Montreal, Canada!

drc712
10-15-2007, 05:19 PM

Thanks!

Welcome aboard Michele!!! Do you have any kids or are just the BIG kids coming?:cheer2:

drc712
10-15-2007, 05:21 PM

We live in Cocoa Beach, Florida
DH originally Pittsburgh, PA
DW originally Miami, Florida

drc712
10-15-2007, 05:23 PM
We will have the cheap ($.97) lanyards from Wal Mart for our KTTW card. I'll print out a DIS member (oooh, I just made a Halloween pun, dismember, DIS member...get it?) card to go in the other side, and if everyone does the same, we'll be able to sort of spot everyone. It's getting kind of late in the game for me to make up pins and mail them out to everyone. So if everyone made their own with just plain paper or card stock, then we could meet on deck ten starboard (right) above the Goofy pool just before the sail away party. My DIS ID card would look like this:
DIS Board

whnim64 (Sandi)

I hate to sound dingy, but what is a lanyard? The meeting sounds great! We can toast to finally being on board after all this planning!!!!:banana:

CarlisleMom
10-16-2007, 05:57 AM
DIS Board

whnim64 (Sandi)

I love the idea of a DIS member card. I'll be looking for you!

whnim64
10-16-2007, 08:18 AM
I hate to sound dingy, but what is a lanyard? The meeting sounds great! We can toast to finally being on board after all this planning!!!!:banana:

A lanyard is the thing that you wear around your neck with a little pouch to hold stuff (Like KTTW card and a little cash). Since ours are the cheapies from Wal Mart, they are plain black nylon to go around the neck with a semi-clear plastic zip closer pouch a little bigger than a credit card. You can buy much fancier ones on board that have a DCL logo around the neck part, but the cheap ones have worked for us the last 2 cruises, especially since that is the only place we'll need them.

I'm from the middle of nowhere (think cornfields for at least a mile in every direction of our house) in Central Illinois (Decatur is closest 'big' city). DD30 is from middle of nowhere in Western Illinois (Macomb area), DD27 is from Lexington, KY, DBF30 is from Bloomington, IL, and other DBF and her husband live in their RV full time and move to a different part of the country every 6 months.

drc712
10-16-2007, 04:07 PM
A lanyard is the thing that you wear around your neck with a little pouch to hold stuff (Like KTTW card and a little cash). Since ours are the cheapies from Wal Mart, they are plain black nylon to go around the neck with a semi-clear plastic zip closer pouch a little bigger than a credit card. You can buy much fancier ones on board that have a DCL logo around the neck part, but the cheap ones have worked for us the last 2 cruises, especially since that is the only place we'll need them.

I'm from the middle of nowhere (think cornfields for at least a mile in every direction of our house) in Central Illinois (Decatur is closest 'big' city). DD30 is from middle of nowhere in Western Illinois (Macomb area), DD27 is from Lexington, KY, DBF30 is from Bloomington, IL, and other DBF and her husband live in their RV full time and move to a different part of the country every 6 months.

Gotcha! I'll will be sure to wear mine! Great idea!

DizzneyDAnn
10-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Butting in ...The last 3 cruises I have been on Nov 12, 2006, May2007, Aug 2007, so recently, and of varying lengths, all casteaway club members were given lanyards upon check-in, along with a couple of pins.

Pansy
10-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Count me and my niece in.........lets hope it is her :rotfl2: We are on deck 7 :banana:

drc712
10-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Count me and my niece in.........lets hope it is her :rotfl2: We are on deck 7 :banana:
Welcome Pansy! We'll look forward to meeting you and your neice. How old is she?

drc712
10-17-2007, 05:58 AM
Just to get you all a little more excited......We went down to the port for some music and fun the other day with our DD (3) and saw the Magic pull out for it's 7 day cruise! Those lucky ducks!! Look at all those happy people on board!!!!! :banana: It will be us soon:cool1: , too bad not for 7 days!!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/sho...hp/photo/21001

drc712
10-17-2007, 06:08 AM
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/21001
Hopefully, this will work.....I'm not really good at this stuff!:confused3

whnim64
10-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Butting in ...The last 3 cruises I have been on Nov 12, 2006, May2007, Aug 2007, so recently, and of varying lengths, all casteaway club members were given lanyards upon check-in, along with a couple of pins.

Alas, I am the only CC member in our party of 5, so we'll all be wearing the cheapie lanyards. We got the canvas bag on our last cruise in May 2006. I actually forgot about the CC member gifts! We don't collect pins, although it was tempting to sign up for the pin-trading to attend the events. I resisted the temptation, though.

drc712
10-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know if the 70's and 80's nights at the discos are worth attending? And does anyone know the cost of the rainforest room at the spa and is that worth it?? Appreciate any info....:flower3:

DizzneyDAnn
10-17-2007, 07:13 PM
They are all worth in my opinion. I never miss a 70's or 80's night. Fun and funny--great dance numbers from main stage performers on 80's night...be their ON TIME for that. Also if your ship has a final "pub night" don't miss it--hilarious. I finally saw it after hearing about it on several cruises. I'm sorry I didn't see it earlier.

Rainforest, just a nice place to relax. Some go every night. I went once on the 14 day, and really loved it. It just didn't fit in the schedule. If you have another spa treatment, you can ask to see it, as I did, and they may comp you a visit, which they did for me. Sit on the stone loungers. They are warm and feel great.

drc712
10-18-2007, 12:53 PM
They are all worth in my opinion. I never miss a 70's or 80's night. Fun and funny--great dance numbers from main stage performers on 80's night...be their ON TIME for that. Also if your ship has a final "pub night" don't miss it--hilarious. I finally saw it after hearing about it on several cruises. I'm sorry I didn't see it earlier.

Rainforest, just a nice place to relax. Some go every night. I went once on the 14 day, and really loved it. It just didn't fit in the schedule. If you have another spa treatment, you can ask to see it, as I did, and they may comp you a visit, which they did for me. Sit on the stone loungers. They are warm and feel great.

Thanks for the info....I have been wanting to try both, but wanted to make sure staying up SO LATE to party:banana: would be worth feeling a little pooped the next day, but I guess that's what vacation is all about!! Generally, I need a vacation from my vacation!:cloud9:

DizzneyDAnn
10-19-2007, 04:34 PM
They Do have hammocks and Oceaneers club on CC, so you can take a nap! Nothing is lovelier than snoozing on a hammock on a beach! Get off the boat early for a hammock and go down to where the water playground is. There are hammocks there. One of us usually gets off early while the other eats and helps the kids off. I have been on CC when ALL the chairs were taken.

CatFish Show
10-19-2007, 06:01 PM
I am so excited!

I got my Cruise Travel Kit and my Tickets today in the mail!!

So much of what I am reading, I had already learnt here on the boards - thanks so much for the great info.

22 days to go.

Cat

CatFish Show
10-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Is anyone doing the Fish Extender thing?

Just reading about it now in another thread - sounds like fun!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

Anyone know if you have to be a member to do it?

Thanks

Cat

CastawayJP
10-20-2007, 01:25 PM

We (DW, DD8, DD<1) are from the Washington DC area.
My inlaws will also be joining us from Peshawar Pakistan

ArmandXG
10-20-2007, 04:02 PM

Thanks!

Michele, I will be glad to bring a list of important things to pack when I see you on the 26th. You are going to love it and you are going to want to plan your next one before you even get off the boat.:goodvibes
I wanna go, too!:sad: I'm just happy that you get to experience this, cause you'll be hooked! I also get to re-live mine through you.
I can't wait until next year for my next cruise. Wanna go with???:laughing:

toxiktoast
10-20-2007, 09:14 PM

DAnn, are you on this cruise too?? I remember you and your beautiful family from the WB Transatlantic! Your daughters' comedy skit was hilarious! :tink:

whnim64
10-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Is anyone doing the Fish Extender thing?

Just reading about it now in another thread - sounds like fun!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

Anyone know if you have to be a member to do it?

Thanks

Cat
I'm not taking my fish extender this cruise. I'm not signed up for the pin trading, so am not expecting any extra 'mail'. It sure came in handy on our last cruise, though.

Michelle_R
10-21-2007, 09:32 AM
The fish extender thing sounds like a cool idea. I can't seem to find one anywhere though.
How many people (if any) are bringing one?

Michelle

drc712
10-21-2007, 01:32 PM
DAnn, are you on this cruise too?? I remember you and your beautiful family from the WB Transatlantic! Your daughters' comedy skit was hilarious! :tink:
Wow....how exciting that your getting married on Cataway Cay! I will be peeking off my balcony to catch a glimpse! Will pray for perfect weather for you and all of us that day!!

drc712
10-21-2007, 01:38 PM
The fish extender thing sounds like a cool idea. I can't seem to find one anywhere though.
How many people (if any) are bringing one?

Michelle

Hi Michelle,
If I can find one....or someting like it soon, I will try to pull it off.....sounds fun!!!:)
Denise(drc712)

drc712
10-21-2007, 01:39 PM
They Do have hammocks and Oceaneers club on CC, so you can take a nap! Nothing is lovelier than snoozing on a hammock on a beach! Get off the boat early for a hammock and go down to where the water playground is. There are hammocks there. One of us usually gets off early while the other eats and helps the kids off. I have been on CC when ALL the chairs were taken.

Sounds Heavenly......:cloud9:

drc712
10-21-2007, 01:47 PM
I am so excited!

I got my Cruise Travel Kit and my Tickets today in the mail!!

So much of what I am reading, I had already learnt here on the boards - thanks so much for the great info.

22 days to go.

Cat

I'm jealous!!! I just can't wait to get those tickets in hand so it feels real!!! We were actually camping this weekend in Fort Wilderness:banana: and my DD(3) hugged Chip and Dale for the first time....she's finally excited to "warm up" to the characters. I'm expecting the same on the cruise, maybe I'll get some good pictures this time around!!

drc712
10-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Just as a little general info for everyone, I arranged all that have posted for the November 11th, Wonder cruise....if you would like to add anything or change, add on to the list. I suppose I'm copying the DIS meet and greet log format from the cruise I was originally suppose to be on....

taffygirl
baskethead
n0007917
bradk
krystyneb
Miss Jasmine-Pin Trading Event
tap & dap
sccruzzer
penel3
mymichala
butterflykisses
toxiktoast
jockey
jayally
whnim64-"Girl's Trip"
buffpuff73
CastawayJP
kcminnie
drc712-room 6588 DW(39) DH(45)DD(3)
michelle R
garcia98
DizznetDAnn
Pansy
DisneyJLS
Carlislemom
Catfish Show
Karrit2000
Parkhopper

I will try to continue to update.....

CatFish Show
10-21-2007, 07:37 PM
What are we supposed to do with this list??

drc712
10-21-2007, 07:45 PM
What are we supposed to do with this list??
Well, you can write back any info about you and your guests, like....room # or Cat and floor, Palo reservation time, who your traveling with and ages, any excursions your taking, or if your cruise is a celebration for something, just fun info! You will be able to get mail in your "fish extender" (if you bring one) if other DIS members have your room #. I got the idea from the November 4th group where I was previously scheduled to cuise with. They are having "meet and greets" and stuff like that. It's just for fun.:banana:
Denise

CatFish Show
10-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Ahhhh! That makes sense.

Sounds like good fun.

thanks

Miss Jasmine
10-22-2007, 07:04 AM
I received my travel docs for one room, but not the other. I am sure they will be showing up soon.

DizzneyDAnn
10-22-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm not on this cruise. I was just butting in:rolleyes1 , looking for my friends who are on the cruise. Apparently they don't DIS.:sad2: You sound like a great group of people! :cool1: I hope you have tons of fun!

Thank for the compliments on the skit! I should have helped them with the props. That big chunk of bread was a little toooooo much, wasn't it! It was funny when the one behind put the blush on without the brush, though!

jayally
10-22-2007, 01:15 PM
OK, thanks for doing this! :love:

There are 3 of us sailing and we are from Southern California. 45 miles east of Disneyland. :wizard:

Jayally = Michelle will be turning 39yrs old Nov 5th, Jay will be 14yr Oct 25th, Ally is 10yr and will be 11 Dec 19th. We are celebrating our birthdays on this trip! :dance3:

Pin trading signed up for Michelle, possibly Jay but he is not that excited so not sure if I want to fork over another $45, neither am I but I am hoping it will be a fun experience. We don't pin trade that much except for our special characters.

Secret Veranda Room 6634 Deck 6 :cool1:

No Palo or excursions booked but I do want to get a spa pedicure and massage- nothing booked yet.

I booked a land/sea Package, Pre cruise at the Poly, Post cruise at Old Key West on rental points, MVMCP on Nov 15th

Returning home Nov 20th:sad1:

drc712
10-22-2007, 07:22 PM
Got my tickets today via UPS!!! Getting closer.....I'll update the roll call list in a couple of days. Thanks Jayally for the info, I'll post next to your name. Big B-day Celebration for your family!!!:banana:

jayally
10-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Big B-day Celebration for your family!!!:banana: I keep forgetting which one it is for me, I can't believe I will be that old! (no offense to anyone my age but I'm sure you can understand I keep wondering what happened to the last 20 years! :confused3, I am not ready to grow up. Next year will be a big party or cryfest...I'm not sure how I will handle it yet! I cried when I turned 30, I could no longer say I was in my 20's. :lmao:

CatFish Show
10-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Wow - this looks like The Birthday Cruise to me.

I decided to do this cruise for my 40th! (and bring my DH and DS4 along)

I will be turning 40 on the ship - Nov. 14th! No luck getting Palo for that night, so we will just be hanging out at the regular Restaurant (not sure which) and having a great time together.

I will be bringing a Fish Extender - so if anyone wants to wish me well into my 40th, I would love to hear from you!!!

Stateroom 5508

Cat

whnim64
10-23-2007, 11:18 AM
DD will just turn 27 on the Nov. 8th and finishes up radiation treatments on the 9th. We fly out on the 10th! Other DD and DF already turned 30 this year (in May and September). This is a celebration cruise for them, too. We are in cabins 5522 and 5524. I'm not packing my fish extender. I'm trying to keep it to carry-on luggage only on the flight down. Of course, I might have to check my bag through on the way home if I end up buying too much :thumbsup2!

drc712
10-23-2007, 03:32 PM
UPDATED ROLLCALL LIST.......

taffygirl
baskethead
n0007917
bradk
krystyneb
tap & dap
sccruzzer
penel3
mymichala
butterflykisses
toxiktoast
jockey
jayally- Rm 6634, from S.Cali- Michelle(39) Jay(14)Ally(13) Pin Trading-B-Day Cruise!
whnim64-"Girl's Trip"- DD 27 Nov 8th, Other DD and DF 30 Rm.5522 & 5524
buffpuff73
CastawayJP
kcminnie
drc712-Rm 6588 Denise(39) Bob(45)DD(3) Dry erase board, Late Seating
michelle R
garcia98 DW, DH, DS6, DD4 and both sets of grandparents.
DizzneyDAnn-just likes our posts!
Pansy
DisneyJLS
Carlislemom
Catfish Show-Cat’s 40th B-day on Nov. 14th!Will have extender.Rm.5508 w/DD4 & DH
Karrit2000
Parkhopper

DIS meet on deck 10 starboard (right) above the Goofy pool just before the sail away party around 3:30pm or so….:banana:

CatFish Show
10-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Wow - what a list!

Please correct - CatFishShow - I have a DS4 (not a DD)

Thanks

Cat

drc712
10-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Wow - what a list!

Please correct - CatFishShow - I have a DS4 (not a DD)

Thanks

Cat

Sorry Cat:confused3
I'll correct at next posting.
Denise

jayally
10-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Please correct for jayally- Ally is 10 yrs old.

Thanks again for stepping up to organize. I will see if my daughter and I can get creative and make a fish extender or something. I do have small magnetic dry erase board so I can let the kids have some freedom but still know where they are.

CastawayJP
10-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Here are our stats...

Myself, DW, DD 8, DD 9 months, and my wifes parents

drc712
10-23-2007, 05:51 PM
UPDATED ROLLCALL LIST NOVEMBER 11th, WONDER pirate:

taffygirl
baskethead
n0007917
bradk
krystyneb
tap & dap
sccruzzer
penel3
mymichala
butterflykisses
toxiktoast
jockey
jayally- Rm 6634, from S.Cali- Michelle(39) Jay(14)Ally(10) Pin Trading-B-Day Cruise!
buffpuff73
CastawayJP-JP, DW, DD 8, DD 9 months, and my wife’s parents. Rm.
kcminnie
drc712-Rm 6588 Denise(39) Bob(45)DD(3) Dry erase board, Late Dinner
michelle R
Pansy
DisneyJLS
Carlislemom
Catfish Show-Cat’s 40th B-day on Nov. 14th!Will have extender.Rm.5508 w/DS4 & DH
Karrit2000
Parkhopper

DIS meet on deck 10 starboard (right) above the Goofy pool just before the sail away party around 3:30pm or so….:banana:

Taffygirl
10-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi Everyone!

I haven't been on the boards for quite awhile as we had company visiting in late September and then we traveled to Ireland, London, and Germany on a great trip with friends.

Am now back and trying to catch up with stuff and focus on the Disney trip. I haven't read all that I missed on the threads, but wanted to post for the roll call and also inquire about the fish extenders--what are they?

Anyway, for the roll call, we are Steve and Marilyn (early 60's) from Delaware traveling with daughter Kim (37) and her 3 year old son, Luke who are from Pennsylvania. We are all staying together in cabin #8578 and hope to meet you all at the meet and greet. Has one been established yet?

DH and I have done quite a few cruises, but this is our first Disney one and we are so looking forward to it. :) Any additional hints and pointers will be welcome. Thanks to all, Marilyn

drc712
10-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Hi Everyone!

I haven't been on the boards for quite awhile as we had company visiting in late September and then we traveled to Ireland, London, and Germany on a great trip with friends.

Am now back and trying to catch up with stuff and focus on the Disney trip. I haven't read all that I missed on the threads, but wanted to post for the roll call and also inquire about the fish extenders--what are they?

Anyway, for the roll call, we are Steve and Marilyn (early 60's) from Delaware traveling with daughter Kim (37) and her 3 year old son, Luke who are from Pennsylvania. We are all staying together in cabin #8578 and hope to meet you all at the meet and greet. Has one been established yet?

DH and I have done quite a few cruises, but this is our first Disney one and we are so looking forward to it. :) Any additional hints and pointers will be welcome. Thanks to all, Marilyn

Wow Marilyn, you sound like your living my dream retirement!! My DH is from Pittsburgh and would love to talk "PA" stuff, maybe not the "Steelers" right now! Anyways, welcome aboard! Yes, we are arranging a meet and greet right before sail away. Look at the bottom of the "roll call list" for time and location. you can also refer to the previous threads about making a DIS badge for yourself for easier recongnition.
The "fish extender" is just something you can place outside your door and people can drop a note inside of it for you. Good fun! You can also get a dry erase board and attach it to your door.
I would love to meet you and your daughter. I am 39 with a DD 3 years old.
Anyways.....it won't be long now!!:cool1:

drc712
10-25-2007, 05:08 PM
UPDATED ROLLCALL LIST NOVEMBER 11th, WONDER

Taffygirl-Rm.8578 Steve and Marilyn-early 60's w/DD Kim (37) DGS(3) Luke
baskethead
n0007917
bradk
krystyneb
tap & dap
sccruzzer
penel3
mymichala
butterflykisses
toxiktoast
jockey
jayally- Rm 6634, from S.Cali- Michelle(39) Jay(14)Ally(10) Pin Trading-B-Day Cruise!
buffpuff73
kcminnie
michelle R
Pansy
DisneyJLS
Carlislemom
Catfish Show-Cat’s 40th B-day on Nov. 14th!Will have extender.Rm.5508 w/DS4 & DH
Karrit2000
Parkhopper

:grouphug: DIS meet on deck 10 starboard (right) above the Goofy pool just before the sail away party around 3:30pm or so….

krystyneb
10-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi everyone

I also have not posted for a while but here are our details:

Myself, Krystyne(39) and my daughter, Angeline(15) are both on this cruise and are from Perth, Western Australia. We will be in a navigators verandah stateroom no:5632. It's our first ever cruise and we are veeeery excited!
We will not have a fish extender, (when I first read about these I thought it was something you added to seafood to increase the quantity and then I couldn't understand why people were bringing them onboard when food was already plentiful and free). I think you can all imagine how stupid I felt when I finally saw a photo of one!
Anyway we are both really looking forward to meeting everyone, not long now.

CatFish Show
10-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi Denise,

Great job on the list.

Here you can add this to ours

DH Bob (38), DS Simon (4)

Thanks

CarlisleMom
10-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Here's our stats.

Carlislemom: Lisa (39)
DH: Mark (45)
DD: Rita (5)

She will turn 6 on Nov 30. We keep telling her the trip is for her birthday.

Taffygirl
10-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Wow Marilyn, you sound like your living my dream retirement!! My DH is from Pittsburgh and would love to talk "PA" stuff, maybe not the "Steelers" right now! Anyways, welcome aboard! Yes, we are arranging a meet and greet right before sail away. Look at the bottom of the "roll call list" for time and location. you can also refer to the previous threads about making a DIS badge for yourself for easier recongnition.
The "fish extender" is just something you can place outside your door and people can drop a note inside of it for you. Good fun! You can also get a dry erase board and attach it to your door.
I would love to meet you and your daughter. I am 39 with a DD 3 years old.
Anyways.....it won't be long now!!:cool1:

Thanks drc712. We'll look forward to meeting you and maybe Luke and your daughter can have fun playing together in the O Lab. Thanks also for explaining about the Fish Extenders. I guess I'll have to look back through the threads that I missed while on vacation to see what they look like. Its a good idea.

We are Philadelphia Eagles fans, but definitely do not want to talk about them either as they really stink this year. :sad1:

See you and everyone else real soon, Marilyn

Pansy
10-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Pansy: Pam (43)
Niece (24)
cousin (43)

Just a girls get away :banana:

drc712
10-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Pansy: Pam (43)
Niece (24)
cousin (43)

Just a girls get away :banana:

Pansy,
Does your ticker mean you just took a Woder cruise 3 months ago?????

drc712
10-27-2007, 08:41 AM

baskethead
n0007917
bradk
krystyneb-Myself, Krystyne(39) and DD, Angeline(15) from Australia. Rm.5632
tap & dap
sccruzzer
penel3
mymichala
butterflykisses
toxiktoast
jockey
buffpuff73
kcminnie
michelle R
Pansy-Pansy: “Just a girls get away” Pam (43)Niece (24)cousin (43)
DisneyJLS- DH (44) and DD (5)
Carlislemom- Lisa (39)DH: Mark (45)DD: Rita (5) Rita’s B-day is coming Nov 30th!
Catfish Show-Cat’s 40th B-day!Will have extender.Rm.5508 DH Bob (38), DS Simon (4)
Karrit2000
Parkhopper

DIS meet on deck 10 starboard (right) above the Goofy pool just before the sail away party around 3:30pm or so….

whnim64
10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
I just went ahead and added more info for us...

baskethead
n0007917
bradk
tap & dap
sccruzzer
penel3
mymichala
butterflykisses
toxiktoast
jockey
whnim64-"Girl's Trip"- Sandi (53), DF Sharon (52), DD Kristen(27) Nov 8th, Other DD Kendra (30) and DF Sheila (30) Rm.5522 & 5524 early dinner.
buffpuff73
kcminnie
michelle R
Carlislemom- Lisa (39)DH: Mark (45)DD: Rita (5) Rita’s B-day is coming Nov 30th!
Catfish Show-Cat’s 40th B-day!Will have extender.Rm.5508 DH Bob (38), DS Simon (4)
Karrit2000
Parkhopper

DIS meet on deck 10 starboard (right) above the Goofy pool just before the sail away party around 3:30pm or so….

CastawayJP
10-28-2007, 07:39 AM
In just 2 weeks we'll all be getting ready to get on board!

CatFish Show
10-28-2007, 07:54 AM
In just 2 weeks we'll all be getting ready to get on board!

OMG....... I have to pack!!! :-)

My husband comes home on the Thurday night - and we leave early Sat. morning.... he will never be packed in time!!! Or he will just forget stuff.

Does anyone here pack for their DH?

I read somewhere, that you should pack your bags with everyone's stuff - so My bag would have at least one outfit for me, DS, and DH - and the same thing for the other bags.... that way if one gets lost - we have outfits for everyone!

Anyone else heard of that?

CatFish Show
10-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Packing.... Packing.... Packing.... (sung with a fun catchy tune, like skipping along with a smile on your face)

Michelle_R
10-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Cat, I pack for everyone. I have not started packing yet. I'm making lists and making sure I have bought everything at Wally World that I need. I'm trying to figure out how to reduce the # of shoes. So far I'm bringing 5 just for myself, 4 for hubby and 4 each for the kids. That includes water shoes. Just seems like too many. :confused3
I'm singing also: I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, and I know, I know......
:banana:

Michelle

drc712
10-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Cat, I pack for everyone. I have not started packing yet. I'm making lists and making sure I have bought everything at Wally World that I need. I'm trying to figure out how to reduce the # of shoes. So far I'm bringing 5 just for myself, 4 for hubby and 4 each for the kids. That includes water shoes. Just seems like too many. :confused3
I'm singing also: I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, and I know, I know......
:banana:

Michelle
Your funny Michelle R! :laughing: Maybe if you get enough practice with that song, you could do Disney Karioke on the ship!!! Put those Pointer Sisters to shame girl!!
Anyways, I always pack too much! :laundy: Yes, the shoes take up alot of space! Just don't forget your passport and you know you can bring wine and a liquor bottle on board in your carry on.....you'll at least need a bottle of champange to toast the trip youv'e been waiting so long to take!!!:banana:

CatFish Show
10-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Is anyone planning on decorating their doors?

I have been reading alot about the designs in the threads... looks like fun.

I am going to try a few things - so be sure to check our door!!

Stateroom: 5508

Taffygirl
10-29-2007, 08:46 PM
I just have a few questions.

1. What is Pirate night and where and at what time is it held? Do you have to wear pirate clothes? We'd probably have time to pick something up after Halloween, if needed. I guess it would be good to have a costume for our little guy.

2. What is the general dress for the dining rooms? Is there a "formal" night like on the other cruise lines, and if so, how dressy? I'm trying to figure out what to pack and am trying not to overpack too much.

Thanks, Marilyn

drc712
10-30-2007, 05:10 AM
Catfish Show, I plan to decorate our door. Nothing fancy, just some Mickey and Princess stuff, who knows, if I brain storm a little more before our trip I may get more creative as the days pass!
Taffygirl, Pirate night is the night that we dock in Castaway Cay (day 3), it's generally at about 9:45pm. Alot of people have caught the bug and tend to dress up, not required. I may pick up some eye patches and maybe a costume for my DD since there will be alot of after Holloween stuff. Some people on our "DIS group" will be going all out with their costumes though!
The cruiseline is pretty casual if you ask me. I generally pack some Capri pants and nice shirt for dinners and will probably wear a dress for "formal" night, but not too fancy. My DH usually wears dress pants and a button down shirt, no tie. I guess were pretty casual people. You will see both extremes, I try to stay in the middle I guess.

Miss Jasmine
10-30-2007, 07:07 AM
Since not many of you are Floridians and probably don't keep up with tropical forecasts, I just thought I'd let you know that later this week Tropical Storm Noel will be going through the Bahamas. There is a chance that she will get up to hurricane strength. I just hope she leaves Castaway Cay alone.

CatFish Show
10-30-2007, 07:45 AM
I saw that there was a storm comming in another thread!

Yes, lets hope that it passes through quickly and softly!

Glad I am not on the boat this week.

Miss Jasmine
10-30-2007, 08:29 AM

I know. The seas are ROUGH. And the wind is pretty kicking around here.

Dognut
10-30-2007, 09:21 AM
I realize it is a little late in the game to start posting, but it is nice to see we will be in good company.

Julylady
10-30-2007, 10:52 AM
I just found this thread today! We will be sailing in a Cat 4 on Deck 8, Main Seating.

Grandma
Aunt (That's me!)
Dear Niece #1, Age 6
Dear Niece #2, Age 3 (just two weeks ago!)

We are spend two days pre and two days post cruise at Disney World.

See you on-board!

Donna

CatFish Show
10-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Welcome to the thread!

I have been working on my door decorations today - its so fun to do!

Anyone else doing them - what room number?

whnim64
10-30-2007, 11:55 AM
I realize it is a little late in the game to start posting, but it is nice to see we will be in good company.
Welcome! We've got quite a group here. I'll be looking forward to meeting you.

whnim64
10-30-2007, 11:56 AM
I just found this thread today! We will be sailing in a Cat 4 on Deck 8, Main Seating.

Grandma
Aunt (That's me!)
Dear Niece #1, Age 6
Dear Niece #2, Age 3 (just two weeks ago!)

We are spend two days pre and two days post cruise at Disney World.

See you on-board!

Donna
Hi, Donna. Glad you found us here. What a nice Aunt and Grandma to be taking the nieces on a cruise!

whnim64
10-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the thread!

I have been working on my door decorations today - its so fun to do!

Anyone else doing them - what room number?

I've done door magnets before, but am not sure I'll be doing them for this cruise. I'm all out of magnet paper, and don't know if I want to buy any more at this point.

whnim64
10-30-2007, 12:00 PM

Let's see...I cruised to Cozumel in 2004; it was destroyed by a hurricane. I cruised to Costa Maya in 2006; it was destroyed by a hurricane. I guess someone got to Nassau before me, but let's all hope there's no major damage. I'm also hoping for calmer seas, being that I do get seasick easily :sick:.

drc712
10-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Some new additions today......Welcome!!:banana:

baskethead
n0007917
bradk
tap & dap
sccruzzer
penel3
mymichala
butterflykisses
toxiktoast
jockey
buffpuff73
kcminnie
michelle R
Karrit2000
Parkhopper
Dognut
Julylady-Grandma Aunt (That's me!) Dear Niece #1, Age 6 Dear Niece #2, Age 3

:grouphug: DIS meet on deck 10 starboard (right) above the Goofy pool just before the sail away party around 3:30pm or so….

Julylady
10-30-2007, 03:12 PM
We worked on our magnets as a group project last Saturday.

First stop was the Home Depot where everyone picked out a colored Mickey head. Next stop was Michaels Craft Store. I bought small foam letters, some small Disney stickers, and some stick on magnets.

When we got home, we each spelled out our name on our Mickey head using the foam letters and then decorated the rest of our Mickey with stickers of our favorite characters and princesses.

It was a simple craft project that both the six year old and the three year old could do. They really enjoyed doing something tangible to get ready for the cruise. At this point, the whole concept of cruising is pretty theoretical to them.

Our magnets aren't nearly as creative as some of the ones I have seen on this board, but I think they will work just fine.

Donna

CatFish Show
10-30-2007, 03:41 PM
We worked on our magnets as a group project last Saturday.

First stop was the Home Depot where everyone picked out a colored Mickey head. Next stop was Michaels Craft Store. I bought small foam letters, some small Disney stickers, and some stick on magnets.

When we got home, we each spelled out our name on our Mickey head using the foam letters and then decorated the rest of our Mickey with stickers of our favorite characters and princesses.

It was a simple craft project that both the six year old and the three year old could do. They really enjoyed doing something tangible to get ready for the cruise. At this point, the whole concept of cruising is pretty theoretical to them.

Our magnets aren't nearly as creative as some of the ones I have seen on this board, but I think they will work just fine.

Donna

Donna,

That sounds great! We went to Home Depot too - but we don't have a Michaels here :sad:

So I cut them out and put magnets on the back - we will place them randomly all over our door :-)

Miss Jasmine
10-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Can you believe I ust started on our signs last night??!!??!! :scared1: I am doing mine in Photoshop, but seeing as I have to create five of them, I think they are going to be pretty simple. Also visit on the main cruise board the thread about the door signs, there are some cute ideas there with making Mickey Ears and accessories for the Porthole on your room door. :cloud9:

karrit2000
10-31-2007, 02:31 PM
For those who are participating in the Pin Package on this cruise they have just posted the Event Itinerary at:

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/PCC2007Itinerary.pdf

karrit2000
10-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Karyn (me) & Jan (Mom). As of now we are in cabin 2518. For those who may have a chance to visit WDW or the Character Premiere or Character Warehouse Disney Outlets in Orlando before the cruise, I found a tin magnet story book that had Pirate Mickey Magnets on sale for $2.99. I am planning to use some to decorate our cabin door.

Miss Jasmine
11-01-2007, 10:46 AM
For those who are participating in the Pin Package on this cruise they have just posted the Event Itinerary at:

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/PCC2007Itinerary.pdf

Thank you! :thumbsup2

CatFish Show
11-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Just had my Facial today - ahhhhhh.... now for the waxing - coming up soon... then I know we will be really close to going!

I am sooo looking forward to this trip with my fantastic boys :-)

Cat

Dognut
11-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Miss Jasmine,

Do you have any information in regard to if hurricane Noel will have any impact at our time of arrival? I.e. Orlando airport arrivals due to heavy rain (11/10). Also, any marine conditions at the time embarkation.

Thank you,
Dognut

CatFish Show
11-02-2007, 06:22 AM
Noel is long gone from Bahamas today! It is heading up the coast to Eastern Canada.

Not sure how much damage happened in the Bahamas....

Miss Jasmine
11-02-2007, 07:24 AM
Yeah like Cat said. Noel is a non-issue now as far as Florida goes. I am waiting to hear anything from the Bahamas. I know the Nassau airport reopened today, but I don't know if the Wonder is making her stop there. Also no reports from CC yet.

n0007917
11-02-2007, 11:59 AM
I am anxious to hear about any hurricane damage in nassua.Lets hope we do not encounter any weather issues while at sea. Does anyone know what the predicted weather is for our cruise time?

n0007917
11-02-2007, 01:38 PM
on a different topic...what is the dinner attire for our 4 day cruise? Are we expected to get dressed up for dinner on any of the nights or is causal dress OK for all evenings?

toxiktoast
11-02-2007, 04:09 PM
on a different topic...what is the dinner attire for our 4 day cruise? Are we expected to get dressed up for dinner on any of the nights or is causal dress OK for all evenings?

There is one "dress up" night, but it's not really formal. I think you can be as casual or as formal as you like for the whole trip. You're on vacation after all! :)

CastawayJP
11-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I am anxious to hear about any hurricane damage in nassua.Lets hope we do not encounter any weather issues while at sea. Does anyone know what the predicted weather is for our cruise time?

The 10 day forcast only takes us to 11/11, but it looks like low to mid 80's and partly cloudy to sunny skies! :thumbsup2

Dognut
11-03-2007, 07:54 AM
The 10 day forcast only takes us to 11/11, but it looks like low to mid 80's and partly cloudy to sunny skies! :thumbsup2

Yeah! Last year, two days into our sailing the temp. plunged to 30 degrees. And, we missed Castaway Cay due to high winds.

drc712
11-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Well, I had to have an emergency appendectomy yesterday:sad2: .....I'm actually home already and feeling much better, but a little sore. Had I not changed my cruise from the 4th to the 11th, I would not have been able to go. I have a follow up appt. on Thursday afternoon and the Doctor will let me know if I'm OK to go on Suinday. I think I will be fine because I'm already feeling good. Good thing I bought my travel insurance, hugh? After having a C-section, a Laproscopic removal is nothing!!!
Hoping to see you next Sunday!!!!!:cool1:

drc712
11-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah! Last year, two days into our sailing the temp. plunged to 30 degrees. And, we missed Castaway Cay due to high winds.

What time of the year was you cruise last year?

Dognut
11-03-2007, 07:57 PM
What time of the year was you cruise last year?

November. I'm sure it was a fluke.

CastawayJP
11-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Well, I had to have an emergency appendectomy yesterday:sad2: .....I'm actually home already and feeling much better, but a little sore. Had I not changed my cruise from the 4th to the 11th, I would not have been able to go. I have a follow up appt. on Thursday afternoon and the Doctor will let me know if I'm OK to go on Suinday. I think I will be fine because I'm already feeling good. Good thing I bought my travel insurance, hugh? After having a C-section, a Laproscopic removal is nothing!!!
Hoping to see you next Sunday!!!!!:cool1:

Glad you are feeling better! We hope thatr your doctor gives you the :thumbsup2 so you can make it! :cool2:

Dognut
11-04-2007, 12:55 PM
I just checked the weather predictions for Nassau. Isolated T-storms, mid 80's.

DisneyJLS
11-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Some new additions today......Welcome!!:banana:

..(edited out)

Just an update to our information for the roll call:
DisneyJLS - Myself-Jennifer (39), DH-Mark (44), DD-Samantha (5); Room 6586; 1st Disney cruise

DD does not know we are going on this cruise, it is a surprise for her 5th Birthday (Oct 23rd). We will be at the park pre-2 nights (with my Dad) and we are not telling her about that until we get her up on Friday morning. We have still not decided on how we are going to surprise her on Sunday morning. We could tell her as we are leaving that we are headed to a cruise or we could just pretend we are driving home (Stuart, FL) and then surprise her when we pull up to the ship.

We have joined the pin trading event and this will be our first time at one. Also this will be my daughter's first exposure to the pins and pin trading. I have a pin trading starter pack for her already.

Normally it would be hard to contain my excitement at this point, but my DH & I both have the nasty respiratory virus that is going around. We have had it for 7+ days, so we are slowly on the mend and should be good to go by this weekend.

Can't wait to meet all of you. I need to catch up on some of the things I have skimmed from the group, so once I learn more about the doors, extensions, etc. we will join in as much as we can.

See you all SOON! :cheer2:

CarlisleMom
11-04-2007, 03:05 PM
I started packing and making door signs today. My DD would be into the suitcases if I started any earlier. I may need to bo buy another suitcase. Does anyone fly with hard sided luggage anymore? That's all that's left in our attic. Would rather save the money to spend on the trip.

Home Depot free kids craft this weekend was a pirate ship! What a perfect way for DD to get in the mood.

We are all looking forward to next Sunday.

drc712
11-04-2007, 03:35 PM

baskethead
n0007917
bradk
tap & dap
sccruzzer
penel3
mymichala
butterflykisses
toxiktoast
jockey
buffpuff73
kcminnie
michelle R
DisneyJLS- Jennifer (39), DH-Mark (44), DD-Samantha (5th b-day!); Rm 6586
Karrit2000-Karyn (me) & Jan (Mom). As of now we are in cabin 2518. Pin event!
Parkhopper
Dognut
Julylady-Grandma Aunt (That's me!) Dear Niece #1, Age 6 Dear Niece #2, Age 3

drc712
11-04-2007, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=DisneyJLS;21617713]Just an update to our information for the roll call:
DisneyJLS - Myself-Jennifer (39), DH-Mark (44), DD-Samantha (5); Room 6586; 1st Disney cruise

DD does not know we are going on this cruise, it is a surprise for her 5th Birthday (Oct 23rd). We will be at the park pre-2 nights (with my Dad) and we are not telling her about that until we get her up on Friday morning. We have still not decided on how we are going to surprise her on Sunday morning. We could tell her as we are leaving that we are headed to a cruise or we could just pretend we are driving home (Stuart, FL) and then surprise her when we pull up to the ship.

We have joined the pin trading event and this will be our first time at one. Also this will be my daughter's first exposure to the pins and pin trading. I have a pin trading starter pack for her already.

Normally it would be hard to contain my excitement at this point, but my DH & I both have the nasty respiratory virus that is going around. We have had it for 7+ days, so we are slowly on the mend and should be good to go by this weekend.

Can't wait to meet all of you. I need to catch up on some of the things I have skimmed from the group, so once I learn more about the doors, extensions, etc. we will join in as much as we can.

See you all SOON! :cheer2:[/QUOT

What a great surprise!!!! How fun!!! I'd wait till you pulled up to the ship and video her reaction!!!

drc712
11-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Glad you are feeling better! We hope thatr your doctor gives you the :thumbsup2 so you can make it! :cool2:

Thanks for the positive note!! I'll keep ya posted....just resting up and probably won't start my packing until saturday when I know for sure if I can make it!!:confused3

drc712
11-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Just an update to our information for the roll call:

See you all SOON! :cheer2:

Hey JLS, just noticed our rooms are right next to eachother!!

DisneyJLS
11-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Hey JLS, just noticed our rooms are right next to eachother!!

DRC712 - I hope you are feeling better so that we can meet. i just checked the roll call list and saw that we are the same age and our DH and DDs are practically the same age. It's a small world after all! (I couldn't resist - :rotfl: )

I'm sure a cruise is exactly what you need for your recovery. :flower3:

Take care!

CatFish Show
11-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Is anyone doing the Beach day at Atlantis? Not sure what beach to hang out at! Any suggestions?

I just cancelled our excursion at CC - we were going to do the Glass bottom boat - only thing to do really with a 4 yr old - but decided not to do it, too tight for lunch - and I hear the BBQ is really good!

So we are just going to Chill on CC - ordered my son's Sand pails from Perfect gift today, so he can just have fun all day - and we will be able to enjoy the BBQ.

Anyone else just hanging out? With a 4yr old maybe??

I am sooooo excited - I have been doing lots of Iron-ons for Pillowcases and t-shirts.

Door magnets still being worked on - and Fish Extender has been ordered and will be delivered to the ship!

Now I am just trying to figure out what to wear for dinner - so that I am not too cold!

See you all soon.

Cat

n0007917
11-05-2007, 10:15 AM
What time is lunch at CC?

DisneyJLS
11-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Is anyone doing the Beach day at Atlantis? Not sure what beach to hang out at! Any suggestions?

I just cancelled our excursion at CC - we were going to do the Glass bottom boat - only thing to do really with a 4 yr old - but decided not to do it, too tight for lunch - and I hear the BBQ is really good!

So we are just going to Chill on CC - ordered my son's Sand pails from Perfect gift today, so he can just have fun all day - and we will be able to enjoy the BBQ.

Anyone else just hanging out? With a 4yr old maybe??

I am sooooo excited - I have been doing lots of Iron-ons for Pillowcases and t-shirts.

Door magnets still being worked on - and Fish Extender has been ordered and will be delivered to the ship!

Now I am just trying to figure out what to wear for dinner - so that I am not too cold!

See you all soon.

Cat

Cat,

We do not have anything planned for Nassau. We considered Atlantis, but we will probably just hang out at a public or hotel beach for awhile and then take our 5yr DD back to the kids club and then wander some shops for awhile. (I got this idea from the trip reports thread.)

There are a lot of 4 and 5yr olds in our group from what I have gathered in reading the thread. This should be a lot of fun. I am going to try and get some sort of Fish extender made up for us.

All

Magnets - Alternative idea - I have read that some people have a hard time finding magnet paper and I thought that you could probably laminate your pics and then stick them to the door with poster putty (the yellow (usually) stuff in the office supply area for putting up posters without damaging walls).

More later! I have to get one of the cats to the vet.

Best -
Jennifer

drc712
11-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Hi Guys, assuming my Doctor will say I am clear to go on the cruise:confused3 on sunday.....we will probably be hanging out on the beach all day at CC. It makes for a fun day, and thanks for reminding me Cat that I need to bring a few beach toys for my DD. Another idea... I've bought some cheap rafts,$1.00, in the past at home, used them at CC and then just throw them out after.
My DH and I have a massage scheduled for 10:30am on Nassau day. I plan to take DD to the Club, have a breakfast or lunch with DH and then pick her up and maybe walk around Nassau a little, or see the Atlantis aquarium, maybe have a Margarita at Senor Frogs! If my DD was a little older, I might be more into the Aquaventure or something, but we'll probably spend most of our time on the ship that day.
Cat, where did you order your fish extender??
Well, maybe we'll all hang out on the beach at CC and the kids could play together. It will be nice for the little ones to meet at the beginning of the cruise so they will look forward to seeing eachother in their transition in the club. They will feel like they know someone already!:grouphug:

CatFish Show
11-05-2007, 12:13 PM
What time is lunch at CC?

I don't know exactly what time it starts - all I know is that it ends at 2pm! I have seen a few threads about people getting there at 2:15 and there was nothing left!!!

Hope that helps.

I got ordered my Fish extender from Tiffany - she can be found in the Fish Extender thread on the main forum. You have to PM her because the forums are not made for business and they really don't want you discussing it there. I am so useless at making things... I had to have it made :-)

Cat

Dognut
11-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Holy cow! I have not been in a Senor Frogs in over twenty years! I think a margarita is definitely on our Nassau agenda.

drc712
11-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Holy cow! I have not been in a Senor Frogs in over twenty years! I think a margarita is definitely on our Nassau agenda.

And you thought you had to be on the mexican cruise to get there......:cool1: