PDA

View Full Version : Can you substitute a fruit platter for dessert?

MinnieGi
02-25-2006, 08:10 AM
I was hoping that for some cs and ts meals we could substitute a fruit platter that some restaurants offer instead of a dessert. Any body do this? I'm sure we'll still order a dessert to share at the same sitting but we don't need three or four desserts all at once!

angel's momma
02-25-2006, 04:02 PM
We almost always had fruit "bowls" instead of dessert at POP.

Terri C
02-25-2006, 04:26 PM
We were able to get grapes at Tusker House :sunny:

Terri

:dumbo:

jennifer293
02-25-2006, 05:32 PM
That is a good question because I have diabetes now and I can't have all those yummy desserts anymore but would love to have something while everyone else eats all that chocolate in front of me.. :(

DCDisney
02-27-2006, 12:50 PM
That is a good question because I have diabetes now and I can't have all those yummy desserts anymore but would love to have something while everyone else eats all that chocolate in front of me.. :(

Just about every CS had a sugar free (usually brownie) or piece of fruit option. The cut up fruit was ok for a dessert in some locations but not others. Additionally, Disney does stock sugar free ice cream etc but they don;t have them at all stands but the CM at the stand can radio the central place and they can bring it out within a few minutes. Even when sugar free stuff isn't on the menu ask :) Norway in Epcot has a wonderful sugar free chocolate mousse...

Yvonne

jennifer293
03-01-2006, 07:03 AM
Just about every CS had a sugar free (usually brownie) or piece of fruit option. The cut up fruit was ok for a dessert in some locations but not others. Additionally, Disney does stock sugar free ice cream etc but they don;t have them at all stands but the CM at the stand can radio the central place and they can bring it out within a few minutes. Even when sugar free stuff isn't on the menu ask :) Norway in Epcot has a wonderful sugar free chocolate mousse...

Yvonne

Thanks for the info...I ate that sugar free brownie at Cosmic Ray's it was pretty nasty. After a horrible dinner at Akershus in Norway I don't think I will be venturing back into that country again...YUCK!!! :scared:

I will check out the sugar free ice cream at the stands and if they don't have it I will find something..No biggie!! Thanks again for your info!!!!

aterriq
03-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Always ask first so you won't be disappointed. You might get the new CM who may not know all the rules and exceptions.

What I mean by exceptions is what a person can get in lieu of a dessert. I am sure Disney has exceptions for diabetics or those with allergies.